[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hhg/ Horus Heresy General: Remember when white scars do stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
>theres a bunch of primarch topics, but none of them are horus heresy general

Horus Heresy and 30k General!

I cant remember the links though

discuss rules, games, bacs, primarchs, etc
>>
File: 20151126_000720.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151126_000720.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
FROM IRON COMETH STRENGHT
>>
Should Corax be a pale white guy or a pale native (American) guy? Will that even be distinguishable on the model?
>>
File: Nathaniel-Garro-Rules.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Nathaniel-Garro-Rules.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Oh, hey, Garro is are out. Let's have a look.
>gorgeous model
>cool special rules
>powerful gear
>special objectives
>175pts
That's amazing! Fielding him will be great fun, I can't wait to try him out.

>AP3 in melee
Welp, so much for ever using him...
>>
>>43854946
its AP3 rending though

and his bolter is rending
>>
>>43855018
He's unreliable as a consequence. But as a support model for the Bonus Special Objectives and special rules(Stick him in the middle of a Termi-star of some kind for kinky fun), he's amazing.

I would still take him as support for a Praetor, given how cheap he his for what he does.
>>
>>43854381
Holy crap those helmets look awesome when painted.
>>
>>43854946
My Death Guard friend says that he can take Garro in an army with Mortarian: I don't have my book to hand but isn't Mortarian a Traitor Primarch only by the time Garro's rules are available?
>>
>>43855388
I'd wager if you were fighting, say, Orks or Eldar to represent a Crusade era battle, and did away with Agent of the Emperor and Oath, he could be a-okay.
>>
>>43854946
Yet another notch in the victory belt.
>>
>>43855453
Even then all his wargear in the entry is from AFTER he joined the Sigilite, theres no way to represent Garro pre-Heresy.
>>
>>43855388
The question what *exactly* constitutes a traitor/loyalist legion is subject of endless dabate.
Example: "I play loyalist Word Bearers. No daemonic troops, no burning lore, no named characters." Is that enough? No idea. Best to just talk about it with you opponent beforehand.
>>
>>43855388
Your friend is just butthurt he's a filthy traitor.
>>
I do not know if this is the right thread to ask this, but I am planning on starting a Militia and Cults army in 30k. And this isn't a rule or army configuration question, but it is more of a fluff one.
You see I am going to use the "Survivors of a Dark Age" (1+ to armour save) & "Abhuman Helots" (+1 toughness, -1 initiative) as my Provenances of War. But the problems are that I do not know how to make the models I am going to convert into abhumans but still looking human. This also raises the fluff question in why the got the mutation from and became abhumans.

So far all I have come up with was that their planet was isolated during the age of strife but was not attacked by any daemons or xenos. This is the reason they are going to have the "Survivors of the dark age" provenance of war. But I still have no clue in my fluff how it made them abhuman.
Any help on that regard would be great.
>>
>>43855788
To be entirely fair, even Siggi will have to put in some extra work to get rid of Garro. That 3++ will last a while.
>>
>>43855829
>Is that enough?
Yes, strictly speaking you only need to avoid named characters, Gal Vorbak and agents of the warmaster
>>
>>43855388
Loyalist/Traitor really only matters in a campaign. If you're cool with your friend taking Garro with Mortarion then who cares?
>>
>>43855880
Check out the Beastmen line from GW and similar stuff from conversion sites.
>>43855388
Deciding on 'Traitor' and 'Loyalist' is iffy as is, but Mortarion and Garro is not fluffy in the least. I'd say no.
>>
>>43855918
>Hitting on 3s rerolling
>Wounding on 2s
>Successful saves have to be rerolled
>>
>>43856063
No-one ever said exactly how much extra effort.
>>
>>43855880

Dark age survivors + abhuman helots is Squats bro
>>
20 tacticals in one blob, or 2x 10 in rhinos? What's a good way to run a Land Raider Proteus? Is there an LR variant that lets me put 6 terminators in it, other than the Spartan?
>>
How would you implement Xenos into 30k?

The way I see it there are only two viable races. Orks and Eldar. They could both remain as they are in 40k with some changes here and there. Not sure but I believe the Eldar had their Tech-tree already maxed out by the time of the HH and would be able to use all their models. Same with Orks.
Also I want a model of the fuckhuge Ork Boss that choked the Emperor.

Could be good for the diversity of the game and a counter to people saying its just a pure Marine vs Marine game. Additionaly it would give AP4 weapons a real reason to exist.

>Space Marines in all their variety
>Solar Auxilia
>Mechanicum (soon also Dark Mechanicum)
>Knights
>Ork Empires
>Eldar
>Daemons of Chaos

Some more 30k exclusive Xenos would be nice (Interex for example) but I highly doubt it.
>>
File: Megarachnid_1.jpg (64 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
Megarachnid_1.jpg
64 KB, 500x387
>>43856473
Megarachnids
>>
>>43854946
One massive thing I'm wondering with his rules:

He's an IC so he can deepstrike attached to a unit - does that mean the unit he arrives with doesn't scatter and can only be fired at with snap shots?
>>
>>43856035
Beastmen aren't abhuman, they are mutants.

>>43855880
That combo is what everyone uses for squats as another Anon said and that is probably the most fluffy way of running them.

abhuman includes ratling, Ogryn's and any other humanoid who doesn't fit in but is still considered a variety of human. However, as the bonus is +1 toughness only some abhumans will work.

I'd suggest looking at Games Workshops newer Dwarves. I've seen people convert them with space marine scout arms and it works very well.
>>
>>43856473
Orks would lack stompas and gargants. Probably m/gorkanaughts too.
>>
>>43855388

If you're playing Great Crusade then sure.
>>
>>43855880

They genetically modified themselves to survive the Age of Strife?
>>
>>43856813
Yes, but what changes in that case? It must be easy for me to make them abhuman but still easy to model with bitz and green stuff (and I am not the best sculptor)
>>
>>43856632

Your average Ork Boy would be on the same level as a Nob, Nobs would have Warboss stats and Warbosses would be just under Primarch levels. Along with some of the funkier weapons technology such as the super Plasma Weapons of Gorro.

I wish there was a FW done supplement for 30k Orks, it would be an interesting variant to them.
>>
>>43856842
>Your average Ork Boy would be on the same level as a Nob, Nobs would have Warboss stats and Warbosses would be just under Primarch levels. Along with some of the funkier weapons technology such as the super Plasma Weapons of Gorro.
Were they not more of a threat to the galaxy then?

And is there a reason in the fluff for their degeneration into the orks we have today?
>>
>>43854381
that's sexy as hell
>>
>>43856902
I dunno but didnt Emps get clocked by an ork?
>>
>>43856902

The Orks of 30k had been fighting both other empires and each other throughout the Age of Strife, and as a result had grown immensely. It's like what you see in Octarius in 40k, but with a good 5,000 years of that going on.

And they were a major threat to the Galaxy, which is why those large Ork Empires were a very high priority for the Legions to destroy.

And why Orks are weaker in 40k is they haven't had the same amount of uninterrupted conflict time to boost their growth to the same levels, but if Armageddon/Octarius goes on long enough you'd see Orks similar to their 30k counterparts emerge.
>>
>>43856473
I'd love to see a modernised second edition style Ork. 30k emphasises large squad sizes so it'd be interesting to see how Orks could be given benefits and advantages in that sense, just something simple like a +1 strength and AP bonus when squads are at certain threshold sizes.

They could even apply the concept to vehicles, maybe even depending on option choices or vehicle type, a bonus to movement, BS, Weapon strength/ AP as long as the squadrons are above a certain size.

Hell, they could even do Ork freebootas as additions to the Militia lists. Fully customisable squads that fill a desired niche (tank hunting, infiltration, CC, etc) but have a higher likelihood to leg it if things go south.
>>
Hey, I posted this list in the last thread. Didn't get back in time so I wanted to thank the guys that gave it a bit of a critique. I'll try and get some games in with it and hopefully report back.

>HQ
(875) Legion Praetor [Cataphractii, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Master-crafted Thunderhammer]
+4x Firedrake Terminator Squad [3x Dragonscale Storm Shield, Heavy Flamer, 4x Thunderhammer]
++Firedrake Master [Dragonscale Storm Shield, Master-crafted Thunderhammer]
+Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield]

>Troops
(180) 18x Legion Tactical Space Marines
+Sergeant [Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Power Weapon]
(265) 18x Legion Tactical Space Marines
+Sergeant [Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Power Weapon]
(285) 9x Pyroclast Squad [Melta Bombs]

>Elites
(90) Apothecarion Detachment [2x Apothecaries]
(155) Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [2x Multi-Meltas]

>Heavy Support
(150) Legion Artillery Tank Squadron
-Legion Whirlwind [Hyperios Missiles]
-Legion Whirlwind [Hyperios Missiles]
(175) Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Lascannons]
(175) Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Lascannons]
>>
>>43856997

You'd take >>43856842 as a starting point. The normal 40k Ork Boys would be your cannon fodder squads with 20-50 per squad like the Militia Inducted Levy Squads. Then you'd have Boys with Nob stats as your main line Boys in 10-25 man squads, with troops like Tankbustas using the same basic stat-line.
Nob Mobs would be mobs of Warbosses with perhaps only two wounds each, but the same high strength and attacks and plenty of options for weapons and customisation.
Warbosses would have to be nasty, so that they could fight a Primarch one-one-one.
Little detail is given about vehicles save that Gargants are a Post-Heresy innovation as Orks encountered Titans for the first time during the Crusade, so giant Squggoths would fill that niche.
>>
>>43856997
I want 100 man grot units

or maybe instead of individual gots, its a grot swarm on a 60mm base
>>
>>43857127

Grot Swarms sound cool.

What sort of Tanks would 30k Orks have? Most of the cool ones (The Kill Tanks) are Post-Heresy.
>>
>>43857127
Glorious, just choke the battlefield in grots. Your orks and vehicles give no shits about the grots so they just freely shoot into stuff they're tying up until either is dead.
>>
>>43857053
Why do you need Hyperious when you have a mortis?
Are you fighting Elysians?
>>
File: escapedmoustache.jpg (16 KB, 333x400) Image search: [Google]
escapedmoustache.jpg
16 KB, 333x400
>>43854634

dunno bro. ambiguously ethnic is probably best.
>>
>>43857082
>Nob Mobs would be mobs of Warbosses
this would be fucking sweet.

If only FW would make this a reality at some point.
>>
>>43857310

As I recall they actually made a PDF for using Orks in 30k at one point, I think around the time Extermination was released. No idea if they dumped it when the new Ork Codex came out of if they've still got it somehwere.
>>
what relic should i give my word bearers chaplain whos footslogging in a 20 man tac squad with CCWs?
thinking about the void shield..
>>
This seem like a good starting point for Word Bearers at 2500? Not sure if it's worth bringing in Daemons.

Zardu Layak
Centurion - Power fist, Tainted Weapon, melta bombs, artificer armour, refractor field

10x Tacticals - Rhino, Power fist, melta bombs
10x Tacticals - Rhino, Power fist, melta bombs

10x Gal Vorbak - Dark Martyr has power fist/artificer armour/melta bombs, 2x power maul

Spartan Assault Tank - Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade
Deredeo - Autocannons, Missile Launcher
Sicaran Venator

Glaive
>>
>>43856902
>Were they not more of a threat to the galaxy then?
There was a galactic event known as the Age of Strife just after the Dark Age of Technology. During this time the galaxy went crazy, and the Orks probably thought of this a one big party. God Emperor only knows the damage Orks could do with Dark Age tech. They probably forced DAoT scientists to make more killy, and again that's a terrifying thought. Thankfully Orks being Orks would kill themselves with this technology but when the Mekboyz make black hole guns Orky and the things still work or make their own versions? Yeah complete horror. The 30k Orks are the result of Age of Strife, and it's a good thing that there weren't make DAoT superweapons for them to use. As for modern Orks after the Horus became Warmaster the Orks were sent to the edges of the galaxy, and the Beast decided to make the galaxy know that the Orks are back.
>>
>>43855388
THIS Garro, no, he only became this badass AFTER the betrayal. He cant. You can make a Captain Garro, but it would be a praetor and not this guy if we were going by the lore.
>>
>>43855978
Garro has at least two special rules that wouldnt make sense as a traitor.
>>
do spartans work well at 1500 points?
>>
>>43854381
Can you explain to me why even the MKII using legions have MKIV shoulder pads in their upgrade bundles now?

To have them compatible with that new plastic set?
>>
>>43857531

The bundles are made with Betrayal at Calth in mind.
>>
File: MkIVArmour_5_zpsaf8f02b4.jpg (379 KB, 1677x616) Image search: [Google]
MkIVArmour_5_zpsaf8f02b4.jpg
379 KB, 1677x616
>>43857531
I'm not a fan of the mix and match upgrade sets, but yes its to make them as compatible as possible with the plastics.

To be fair though, every legion used every mark, no reason you can't have all your Iron Warriors, Iron Hands or Death Guard in Mark IV. Even the mix and match has plenty of precedence in the background.
>>
>>43857925
>>
>>43857925
The Iron Warriors upgrade set was meant for MKIV anyway, which surprised me to be honest.

I still prefer MKII though, it is my favourite due to the lorica resemblance.
>>
>>43854946
isnt this guy the first guy to be the chapter master or whatever they have for the grey knights? I know it was death guard.
>>
>>43858078
yes
>>
File: Power Armour MK IV.jpg (87 KB, 539x778) Image search: [Google]
Power Armour MK IV.jpg
87 KB, 539x778
>>43858078
Before Calth was a sure thing, I started my Iron Warriors in Mark IV because of how much I liked this.
>>
>>43858189 This should be for this >>43858001
>>
>>43858078
That was some guy called Janus who may or not be Omegon
>>
>>43854634
>Should Corax be a pale white guy

Yes.
Pale is in his gene-seed.
>>
>>43858213
>>43858189
Oh, yeah.

It looks good on them, and some of the helmets in the upgrade set rock.
But sadly, only some.

Wierdly enough I prefer the world eater's MkII, but I am unsure about their fluff and rules.

Playing them as War Hounds would solve some issues, though.
>>
Planning on running an Imperial Fists force with Auxilia allies but a 50-50 split army as you can fit a whole Solar Auxilia force into the ally force org chart.

Problem is, I want to run veteran tac squads as troops and I've just realised you can't take allied with Pride of the Legion OR the Legion Delegate RoW.

Is there any way to have Veterans as troops and still take allies?
>>
>>43856513
Anyone got any ideas on this?

If Garro deepstrikes with an allied unit does he lose the bonus's?
>>
File: CXM5ZOZ.jpg (109 KB, 576x392) Image search: [Google]
CXM5ZOZ.jpg
109 KB, 576x392
>>43854381

That white paintjob seems weird to me, it looks nice but also seems like it's thick.
>>
File: final2b.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
final2b.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
>>43856456
Depends what you want to do. The 20 man tac will last longer though, but the rhinos would get up the board further, if there are more important threats in your army.

Proteus is mostly useful for its augery, and not much else, cute as it is.

There's the spartan that lets you have 10.
If you're trying to fit a character + termies, consider Command Squad.

>>43856473
>>43856997
>>43857082
>>43857146
Could take inspiration from Final-Liberation
>>43857338
never heard of it
>>
>>43856473

>Could be good for the diversity of the game and a counter to people saying its just a pure Marine vs Marine game

Except for the title of the game being Horus Heresy, not Warhammer 30k.

>>43856591

>Beastmen aren't abhuman, they are mutants.

Technically they still are, Homo sapiens variatus. However it has been said that it's likely they will lose that status.

>Of these, Beastmen are subject to severe persecution and have been placed on the Register of Proscribed Citizens (Class A-G worlds) by the Adeptus Arbites. This effectively precludes them from settlement on, or transportation to or from, more than three hundred thousand worlds of the Imperium and forbids their inscription as an Imperial Tithe obligation. All of this is a sure sign that they will soon lose abhuman status and be reclassified as true mutants.

>>43856842
>>43857082
>>43857411

As far as I'm aware there has been nothing to say that Orks were any different from how they could theoretically be in 40k. All this about them being more powerful seems like mere conjecture and wank. Garo was an aberration, not the norm.
>>
>>43860114

I was chatting to one of the forge world chaps at the open day. He was very explicit about what 30k orks were like. He also promised that they were going to release a PDF as a stop gap to modify codex to make it fluffy if not exactly balanced, although there is so sign of it yet. The most concrete point was that orks would have some form if lords of war section added for big gribblies.

He said that in general all orks in 30k were larger, the average boy was the size of a modern nob, presumably after centuries of sucess with no imperium, chaos, tyranids defeating them in combat. It doesn't sit quite with me, but he was very sure that was what they had been discussing and if fw publish it it will be canon. He described the warlord at ullanor as "almost throttling the emperor to death" and making ghazghzull look like a grot.

As far as tech goes, he explained that modern ork tech is very much a copy of imperial, gargants and stompas are a direct response to imperial titans encountered during the Crusade. Before then they did not have such big stompies. Obviously there would be no looted vehicles or vehicles that looks human style. That begs the question, what would they leave? Squigs? Battle wagons like the big skull things from epic?
>>
>>43860280

>He described the warlord at ullanor as "almost throttling the emperor to death"

Confirmed for not knowing what he was talking about.

First off, it was an Ork on Garo that strangled the Emperor.

Second, this is how the the Ullanor Warlord is apparently described:

>At the pinnacle of the tower, they found Urg in a grand chamber accompanied by forty of the biggest orks in his empire. Horus charged straight toward the warlord, slicing through muscled green bodies with his lightning claws. The Terminators with him similarly crashed into combat. Slowly, they hacked a path through the mob until Horus faced Urg himself. The enormous Overlord was simply no match for the Primarch's skill and unnatural power. Horus crippled his enemy, hefted Urg's broken body out onto the roof, and threw him screaming from the battlements to fall far below, amongst the horde of orks still assaulting the lower levels.

If Urg wasn't even a match for Horus, how could he have theoretically taken on the Emperor?
>>
>>43860405

You know, that is a description from an older edition that has since been superseded?
>>
>>43860432

False Gods and Fear to Tread are also given sources, meaning it likely still carries some water.

At any rate, the main discreditation comes from the fact that it was on Gorro that the Emperor was choked by an Ork and saved by Horus, as shown in The Wolf of Ash and Fire.
>>
>>43857234

Redundancy, more than anything. I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>43857127
Grot heavy weapons teams.
The basic 'heavy weapon' is just a twin-linked shoota.
>>
File: Kill Team Rules v3.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kill Team Rules v3.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
For HoR kill team, does anyone know if they are working on putting Legion, Solar Auxilia, Taghmata, or Cults into Kill Team?

I want to use my RG and Thallax in HoR games.
>>
Is the thing about death guard not painting the back of their armour canon?
>>
>>43862429

They don't paint most of their armour, period. That's why it's an ivory colour.
>>
If I were to paint my sons of horus as black legion, but never field horus, would anyone see that as a problem? Really want to make them be usable in apoc as well as 30k and the occasional 40k game
>>
File: Justaerin_Termi_Wargear.png (2 MB, 1180x1062) Image search: [Google]
Justaerin_Termi_Wargear.png
2 MB, 1180x1062
>>43863251
>would anyone see that as a problem?

No, Black Legion colors are just Justaerin colors so you can pass your marines as veterans of some kind.
>>
>>43863334
Forgot about that, thanks.
>>
Is betrayal at Calth good for starting alpha legion?
>>
>>43863545

You can use it for any Legion. That's the point.

Though given Alphas need plenty of bodies, those 30 Plastic Mk IVs are very good for Alphas.
>>
>be heretic scum
>advancing in on some puny loyalist humans
>handful of Astrates defending them as well
>Imperial Fists
>muh defensible position
>Bernie to my right is telling me how we should start a pleasure cult back at the ship, chatting some shit about "pegging"
>Try and talk to Fat Sam because Bernie's creeping me out
>Fat Sam just vomits on my face and says something about Niggle
>Thank fuck I'm outside and not in a rhino with these chumps
>BAAAAAM!!!!
>Suddenly a bunch of Terminators appear out of nowhere
>big fucking shields and chainswords, don't even understand how they move them about in that fucking turtle shell
>try and shoot at them but it's too dramatic and I can't fucking aim
>Bernies getting overexcited and having a fit on the ground
>see some gnarly dudes in black in the distance
>realise Bernies actually been shot in the head and is having seizures
>Nathaniel Garro?! Where was this before?
>Suddenly Garro has challenged our Warlord to most honourabru single combat
>All his attacks seem to ping off our Warlords shiny armour
>Gets one lucky hit in
>seems to have broken Warlords arm
>has some kind of magical sword that makes the Warlord contemplate his wounds
>Warlord's retinue get chased away by the enemy as he's just stuck there, pondering the significance of his broken arm
>Garro puts a sack over his head and saves him for later
>we lose the fight because apparently Malcador the Sigillite ordered that done

This is the narrative I am hoping to forge with this 2.5k list

Imperial Fists + Solar Auxilia

HQ:

- Legion Praetor, Cataphractii termy armour, Chainfist, Stormshield, teleporter - 170 points

- 5 Legion Chosen, Cataphractii termy armour, 4 w/ Chainfists & Stormshields, 1 with power weapon & Assault Cannon - 325 points
>all chainfists will be modelled as Eviserators

Garro - 175 points

Elites:

- 3 x 10 Veteran Tacticals, 2 Heavy Bolters, Rhino Transport - 780 points
>most likely take snipers though maybe outflank if I feel like it

cont.>>
>>
>>43863900
Troops:

2 x 10 Legion tactical - 300 points

Allied Detatchment - Solar Auxilia

HQ:

- Legate Commander, Power Axe, Artificer Armour, Iron Halo - 90 points

Elites:

- 2 Rapiers Quad Mortars - 120 points

Troops:

Infantry Terico - 1 Lasrifle Section, Blast Charges - 125 points
- Aegis Defence Line, Quad Gun - 90 points

Infantry Terico - Veletaris Storm Section - 115 points
- Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite - 325 points
>>
>>43864010
>- Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite - 325 points
210 points not 325, my bad.
>>
so everyone keeps bitching about BaC scale to FW scale

just how much of a difference is the sizes? anyone have a side by side?
>>
How difficult would it be to build my own rapier squads and could anyone guide me to somewhere that can help me do that.
>>
>>43855788
>Bait my opponent into charging Sigismund+bodyguard deathstar into my Castellans plus Praevian (Death Guard).
>lol rad grenades, no FnP, two shredding flamers on every Castellax
>couple of dudes die to overwatch
>Sigi challenges Praevian
>Praevian refuses
>Sigi's best rules don't kick in, and the Praevian wasn't adding anything important to the combat except the rad grenades that he already go to use.
>who cares about +1I, the Castellax are I3 anyway
>Sigi and his squad all die
>laughing eldar
>>
>>43866045
>Sigi challenges Praevian
>Praevian refuses

Praevian cant refuse as he is the only character in that squad, learn the rules bro. Sigismund would've slaughtered all of them on his own.
>>
>>43866081
You can only not refuse a challenge if the character is the only guy in the unit, like if the Praevian was by himself. If he had Castellans in with him in the unit, then he can refuse the challenge and go hide behind a castellan.
>>
>>43866081
no, im pretty sure he can still refuse. you only can't refuse if the unit consists of only 1 character and no one else IE just the character and no generic dudes
>>
File: lkdAgFh.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lkdAgFh.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>>43865535
FW•BaC•AoBR
>>
For alpha legion's RoW, it says all infantry must have a transport, infiltrate, or deepstrike, but does that mean it has to use their transport? It only mentions that it needs one, but not that it has to use it or start in it.
>>
>>43866892
You have to buy it, not use it.

Hydra dominatus and all.
>>
>>43866939
>>43866892

Noice.

Can't you inflitrate transports if the squad has inflitrate or is this faulty logic?
>>
>>43858250
read the whole sentance
>>
>>43867798
I'm pretty sure that's how it works. if the infantry has it, they confer it to their transport. Infiltrating/Outflanking Spartan assault tanks! Creed is Alpha Legion
>>
>>43867977
Yeah, I love it.

Some Termies in a landraider are enough for me.

Anti-Tank and nice objective grabbers.
>>
>>43866045
>charging castellax
Well, your opponent is a fucking retard, what do you expect?
>>
>>43863545
>>43863606
Speaking of Alpha legion, what would be some tips for building an alpha legion army? things to include or avoid?

I was thinking about a group of veteran tacticals in a rhino with 2 missile launchers and a terminator group of 10 with banestrike ammo so they can infiltrate up close. 3 groups of 15-20 tacticals with apothecaries attached and maybe a mortis contemptor with 2 assault cannons or a sicaran tank with lazcannons? any advice?
>>
>>43868037
I really like the coils of the Hydra ROW.

Just go for inflitrate as their rule, maybe get some tac squads with some anti tank weaponry and some termies in a Landraider to crack armour.

I chose to go for tyrant siege termies as stolen unit since they can also inflitrate and also have some heavy firepower.

Maybe it lacks anti air power, i don't remember if the tyrans have anti air missiles.

Maybe a heavy weapons squad with flak missiles instead.
>>
Any ideas for a tertiary accent color on red/gold thousand sons? Tried ivory but it looks damn weird.
>>
>tfw the stuff I needed to kickstart my world eaters army arrived recently but because of new work shifts I haven't had the enthusiasm to start them.
>>
>>43868258
Maybe blue (on gems/lenses and such)?
>>
Wanna be starting my Word bearers army soon
what would people say is a better allied daemon HQ to take to complement word bearers, be'lakor or fateweaver?
>>
>>43861692
"Tactical Strike: Victory is Vengeance" is kill team 30k
>>
>>43869394
I get that.

My group is doing a HoR campaign, and I'd like to play Taghmata or a Raven guard list that isn't all jump-units. Another guy wants to run Deathshroud.
>>
>>43866492
The scale looks about the same to me. It might just the base size and how spread out the legs are.
>>
>>43869511
>how spread out the legs are.

incoming EC
>>
>>43868258

>tried ivory but it looked weird

Looked a little...magpie for you?
>>
>>43868149
>Maybe a heavy weapons squad with flak missiles instead.
Just take a Mortis with Autocannon. Even a Mortis Contemptor with dual Asscans would work if you need to keep your budget down.
>>
>>43870314
When I woke up the day after trying out the ivory, I found my friend's tanks on my workdesk.
>>
>>43870967
And suddenly all your guys were wearing MkVI?
>>
>>43860114
>Proteus is mostly useful for its augery, and not much else, cute as it is.

So no point of putting a small squad inside it to join in on the Outflank?
>>
>>43871322
You'd be dolloping only 4-5/8-10 models going that, so it better be a dam effective squad, and using that proteus as cover.
>>
>>43871382
Well, I mean, like melta support squad or terminator bodyguard with combi-weapons and shit.
>>
>>43871538
Those are basically your two options, aside from heavy flamers (but that would take more heavy support slots)
>>
My friend is working on his first 30k list based on Battle of Calth for Emperor's Children. Thoughts?

Primus Medicae - Jetbike, Artificer Armour
Legion Praetor - Jetbike, Artificer Armour, Combi-plasma, paragon blade, Sonic Shrieker
2X20 Legion tacticals - Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Phoenix Power Spear, Melta Bombs
2x Legion Apothecaries - Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought - 2x Kheres, Havoc Launcher, Extra Armour
Dreadnought Drop Pod
10 Legion Jetbike Sky Hunters - Melta Bombs, Heavy Bolter x6, Volkite Culverin x3, Sergeant: Melta Bomb, Phoenix Spear
Sicaran Venarator Tank Destroyer - Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite
2x Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite
>>
>>43863251
Questions like this always baffle me. Like, what is going to happen exactly, is someone going to call the ref and have you disqualified for having toy soldiers in the wrong colour? And why would you ever want to play with that kind of people?

Is the 40k playerbase seriously that awful these days?
>>
>>43872854
They're just keyboard warriors. In real life they'll shut up, play you, and complain about it later behind your back.

Paint your dudes however you like to whatever standard you like.
>>
>>43854381
So I'm getting two Calth boxes. Thinking of going Imperial Fists.

What would be better, 3 20 man tactical squads, 2 20 man tacticals and 2 10 man veteran squads or some other configuration?
>>
>>43872456
>800 point deathstar

Tell him to calm the fuck down
>>
>>43873165
Haha, I thought that might be the response. Think he should drop an HQ from it or just lower the bike count? He is going for loyalist Emperor's Children, so he is trying to avoid anything too double heretic.
>>
>>43873265
just take seperate bike squads dude
>>
>>43856456
Proteus is a DT for Destroyers. Scout up and let some rad and phosphex fly. back when plasmatat was king it was great. You weren't assaulting because you scouted anyway.

Eventually I'm going to get one for my RG Destroyers. Combine with Mauns reserve stuff It'll be great. Destroyers infiltrating in a scouting Proteus along with two flamer deythan infiltrating in scouting rhinos to inflict [MAXIMUM CASUALTIES]. Throw in some podded contemptors, maybe a Levvy etc. Maybe infiltrated Praevian/Castellax with camo. Gonna be great.

>>43854634
>>43858250
>>43867957
Paper white skin. That's it. The physical model will denote 'heritage'. There's nothing else you can do.
>>
I remember back then when Ad Mech, both 30k and 40k, didnt exist as an army I heard one person say "oh yea you could proxy Ad mech with Tyranid rules"

people laughed an said "lol why ad mech would be monstrous creatures dumbass?"

funny how things worked out
>>
>>43856473
Hopefully M32 work rules will be released with the beast arises.
>>
>>43872854
I assume he wants an army that is equally fluffy in 40k and 30k.

Then again what do I know, I mix marks, give guys Godwyn bolters, and bite the heads off fish?
>>
>>43874870

Speaking of, does anyone here have an Epub of Book 1? It came out last night.
>>
>>43873105

I got 2 BaC boxes. I sold a command sprue and contemptor but kept the rest.

20 tacticals
20 support
20 elites
>>
>>43875824

Why would you want 2 Veteran Tactical Squads and not 2 20 man Tacticals? Veteran Tacticals are only good in a Pride of the Legion Force.
>>
>>43873105
I'm doing mine as 2x20 tacticals with apothecaries and 2x10 man heavy support squads for that sweet tank hunter. If you switched one out for veterans, you can grab 2x heavy bolters with sniper, which I hear is pretty good, especially on fists. That would also mean you wouldn't need to buy additional heavy weapons.
>>
need something to listen to while painting. could you guys advice me some good 30k audiobooks?
>>
>>43876054

I have a fair few, I'll share my best.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/1updiqjhpku0b95/Censure.mp3

The continuing story of Kurtha Sedd.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/jq8ebsafxno9l5r/Honour-to-the-Dead.mp3

Titan on Titan Action. I dearly want the Warhorn sound from this as a Ringtone.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ljb9jlhpwpsoqjd/Templar-MP3.zip

Sigismund kicking arse and taking names. Also has an amazing voice for Kharn.
>>
I got 10 indomitus terminator suits. What's the best way to field them on foot?
>>
>>43876618
Don't.

Transport or teleport.
>>
>>43876696
Doesn't teleporting need a RoW? Any alternative to spartans, because I really don't want to get one of those.
>>
>>43854381

Red, white, yellowish gold. They look like chickens.
>>
>>43876882
Big ass drop pod can do it. Don't have to land either, just hover about, shoot missiles and assault out of it next turn.
>>
Solar Auxilia models are so fucking pretty but holy shit, they suck at painting them at FW.

They picked the most monochrome paint scheme imaginable that just clouds all the detail in a big grey mess.
>>
>>43877144
FW in general has seen a pretty sharp decline in painting quality. Look at the Mor Deythan.
>>
>>43876618

Make sure you change the shoulder pads.
>>
>>43876882
>>43877069
You can also give 5 man termi squads anvilus dreadclaws as dedicated transports without the rite of war.
>>
>>43876618
What legion do you play?
>>
File: shoulderpadsterm.jpg (232 KB, 1554x1196) Image search: [Google]
shoulderpadsterm.jpg
232 KB, 1554x1196
>>43877365
Was looking at these from Puppetswar.
>>
>>43877814
Building SW.
>>
>>43877302
its funny, people shit on GW Heavy Metal, but then Heavy Metal does a 180 with the new Tau
>>
>>43877887
Gonna be tough to tell you till the rules come out, but melee is going to be a safe bet. I'm not a fan of heavy flamers, so I would say plasma blasters + mix of power weapons and chain fists. If you are going to do one of them as your praetor, their artifact is a lightning claw that isn't bad. If you are using the GW kit, you are gonna need to dig into your bits box.
>>
>>43878686
My Praetor's in Cataphractii with 4 Cataphractii bodyguard with lightning claws and combi-meltas.
>>
>>43878019
The problem with Heavy Metal was never them being poor painters, but GW forcing them to paint to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>43875574
Do you know if Bran has it?
>>
>>43881825
If he does, it'll already be up.
>>
>>43878019
New Tau is not very impressively painted on a technical level. Prime white, brown wash in recesses and brown sponge weathering. The rest is just basecoat + wash + reapply basecoat or layer + edge highlight.
>>
>>43873105
I'm only getting 1 and I'm doing them as 3 x 10 Veteran Tacticals. Going Fists too.

I'm not strong on the fluff but it seems to me that generally the Veterans / Templar use MKIV in Imperial fists and the normal legion tacs use MK II & III more so I thought I'd do a templar / elite force to start and paint them black.
>>
http://terranholyfamily.tumblr.com/post/116635995588/so

What the fuck is wrong with this fanbase?
>>
>>43883195
Fujoshis pls
>>
>>43883195
>dorn will never let you bounce on his primach girth

Why even live?
>>
>>43883326
>Dornie
You deserve it for having shit taste
>>
>>43883347
>not wanting to get on your knees and service dorn to help him relax after a long day of designing the defenses for the imperial palace complex

What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
File: laughing eldar whores.jpg (355 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing eldar whores.jpg
355 KB, 446x400
>>43883370
>Dorn topping
>>
>>43868017
To be fair, what else was he going to do?

If it weren't for the Rad Grenades, a decent Sigismund Deathstar could probably still mash up Castellax, and something has to try to kill them, you'd need an awful lot of heavy weapon shots to do it out of combat.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 624x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 624x753
Ka'Bandha rules when?
>>
>>43885882

Signus book. Given we've already had Samus, and Ka'Bandha's very important at Terra as well, I doubt they'll leave him out.
>>
>>43885882
>>43885926
Big question, though; will they use him an an excuse to make a new model, or will they just tell people to buy the An'ggrath model?
>>
>>43886047

Probably depends on whether or not FW feels like doing it.

To my knowledge there is nothing unique about Ka'Bandha that a Bloodthirster model or An'ggrath wouldn't suffice.
>>
>>43856473

Who gives a shit about xenos. It is called the fucking Horus Heresy.
>>
File: dread.jpg (1 MB, 1225x4780) Image search: [Google]
dread.jpg
1 MB, 1225x4780
Just finished this dude up. Base is temporary until I have time to finish a proper scenic one for him.

Pigments are so much fun to use.
>>
>>43885926
There are a lot of HH characters that still need to be released. At least eight Primarchs. And then a fuck ton of legion specific characters. All of those will take priority.

Off the top of my head; Dorn, Corax, Magnus, Jonson, Sanguinius, Khan, Alpharius, Russ, Luther, Nex, Ahriman, Golg, Malcador, Valdor. And then there's the possibilities, like Arik Taranis, Big E, Kelbor Hal, Calleb Decima, and so on.

It's a big list, and we already have perfectly good Bloodthirster models.
>>
>>43886454

Corax is supposed to be shown off in February with Dorn or Alpharius being the next Primarch.
>>
are heavy bolter iron havocs good?
>>
>>43886802
not really, wastes the minus 1 cover save
>>
Anyone here run Solar Auxilia? How does a predominantly infantry heavy army fare in 2500 points?
>>
>>43886802
The whole point of Iron Havocs is the ability to mix and match weapons on a squad with Tank Hunters by default. Giving them all Heavy Bolters negates both of those bonuses. And besides, your targets will still get their armor save (lol muh +3) AND you'll be shit at killing vehicles. Mixing weapons is a shitty idea in general because half of them won't be used to their maximum potential when your Lascannons are stuck firing at the same unit as your HBs.
>>
>>43886864
Solar Auxilia are very good in general, but losing out on access to tanks definitely hurts their potential. If you take plenty of Dracosan transports you can make do with a flood of TL Lascannons, I guess.
>>
>>43886885
Should I just take the bare minimum in infantry and just fill out in tanks?
>>
>>43886802
The missile launcher is just too good of an option for only an extra 5 points.

I do wish Heavy Bolters had more going for them seeing as they're one of the iconic weapons.
>>
>>43886897
That's an option, but not as good as a balanced list. Something like 1.5k on inf and their transports and then 1k on tanks would be great. Get a fast attack Russ with that amazing AP3 pie plate, and then some Incinerators or Executioners in Heavy Support to handle infantry blobs and terminators respectively.
>>
>>43886864
You lose out on AP3 battle cannons, which are REALLY FUCKING GOOD in a game where 99% of your infantry targets will have a 3+ save.
>>
>>43876115
Is it the same voice actor than in Eightfold path? Because that guy is Kharn personified to me now. No-one else can ever be as good Kharn as him.
>>
File: 1.jpg (86 KB, 640x687) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86 KB, 640x687
>>43877007
I KNEW they looked familiar
>>
Does a Praetor and his bodyguard have to have the same type of terminator armour?
>>
What are some good models to use as a starting ground for militas and cults? I am thinking of getting a pack of guardsmen, fantasy/AoS Empire free company models and then use green stuff and various kroot bitz I have laying around. Will that work?
>>
>>43854620
I saw it several times in wip, and now here. Looks terrible imo.
>>
>>43886406

He looks badass.

He's really dark, almost thought he was Raven Guard before I saw the iconography.
Really nice metallic colour, stands out to most Leadbelcher+Nuln Oil schemes you see.
>>
>>43887104
I don't think they do, however, why wouldn't you. I mean, as soon as one model in Cataphractii is in the unit they'll all be Slow and Purposeful for movement. Might as well give it to all of them at that point to get that sweet 4++ save.
>>
>>43886851
>>43886869
>>43886905
what about autocannons?
I made 5 heavy bolters with betrayal at calth because I love the look of the weapon but I could just put some plasticard to make a long barrell
>>
>>43887322
keep the heavy bolters but use them in veteran squads instead. The suspensor web helps them out and the pinning can sometimes be useful.
>>
>>43868037
As an AL player myself, I would recommend tactical squads of 10 to fit in Rhino's if you want to use the Coils of the Hydra. Gives you the option to not have to take Infiltrate in certain situations. Tactical flexibility is the AL's forte.

As was said by another, Tyrant Siege Termies are a great shout. Mor Deythan are another very good unit (that has some nice models too).
>>
>>43854381
are death storm drop pods any good? they seem nice, if upgraded with krak, sticking on in the enemies deployment zone could be very fun, but i never see them in lists
am i missing something?
>>
>>43887591
taking up a heavy support slot is most likely the reason
>>
>>43887061
He also voiced Kharn in Butcher's Nails, Chosen of Khorne, and Trials of Azrael. The latter two take place in 40k proper and calm but crazy Kharn is still just wonderful.
Dude IS Kharn.
>>
>>43886406
Vastopol?
>>
3000 points of Smurfs with Logos Lectora

>Master of Signals
>Legion Champion with Sabre

>10 Tacs, extra CCW, Rhino
>5 Recons with Snipers
>5 Recons with Snipers

>3 Graviton Rapier Weapon Battery (Master of Signals goes here)

>10 Fulmentarus with Autocannons
>Spartan, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield (Primarch goes here)

>Roboute Guilliman, 10 Invictarus Suzerain bodyguard, Logos Lectora RoW (Legion Champion goes here)
The plan is to have the Snipers paint targets for everyone else to shoot at to get the rerolls. Tacs handle the objectives and the SpartanStar protects the Tacs. Guilliman will give either Implicable Advance or Interceptor to the Fulmentarus. If I can find 50 points to spare then I will run them as 2 squads of 5 instead of 1 squad of 10. That way I can make sure they always have Tank Hunter, even when under 5 models.

I'm doing my best to make the Ultramarine RoW worth while. Does this look like a sound strategy?
>>
>>43888779
Its pretty sparse on model count. Graviton cannons tend to be overcosted unless you -really- want to control charges (eg, Solar Auxilia).
>>
>>43888779
Take Quad mortars instead of graviton cannons.

I'd just take 20 man tac blobs instead of rhino and I wouldn't bother with extra CCW

You don't really have enough anti-tank either.

Recon idea sounds cool and fluffy but in practise I think it'll be a bit meh.

Also legion champion is pretty shit. I'm sure there are other HQ's who could be more useful.
>>
>>43889039
>I'd just take 20 man tac blobs instead of rhino and I wouldn't bother with extra CCW
Are Rhinos ever good for Tacs?
>You don't really have enough anti-tank either.
I'm still new to 30k. What is good anti tank? I thought the Graviton Cannons would be enough.
>Also legion champion is pretty shit. I'm sure there are other HQ's who could be more useful.
He's a budget mandatory HQ and comes with the Master of Signals. I can swap him for a Praetor no problem.
>>
>>43855350
>Mk2 helmet one mk4 power armor

I know they wanted to have a bundle for as many legions as possible, but...
>>
>>43886864
This dude doesn't really know what he's talking about >>43886885

The most common pitfall with Solar Auxilia is taking Dracosans with lasrifle sections.

DO NOT DO THIS.

You do not want to pay 135 points for a lascannon and a metal box for a unit that costs 125 points max,

They have a range of 36" anyway so you don't need a metal box in the first place.

Infantry heavy can be pretty good, just follow the general rule:

>Lasrifle sections on the ground, ADL at your discretion.

>Storm sections in Dracosans w/ demolisher cannons.

Generally a mix of both is best.

As these anons try and point out >>43886952
>>43886931 you miss out on battle cannons, but you can take Vindicator transports with 5 hullpoints, so it doesn't matter.

I'd advise mixing these 2 units for your troops, though if you go more Lasrifle heavy take more tanks in heavy support/ fast attack.

The outflanking russes are only good against armour to get at side armour and such. Exterminator is probably best for this, but the Vanquisher battle cannon is one of the only armourbane ranged weapons, so it can completely ignore armoured ceramite! Choose at your own discretion.

Blast chargers on lasrifles are highly recommended in an all-comers list. Let's you're troops venture where even marines cannot go and even threaten knights who would usually just ignore them.

Last tip: If you are going VERY infantry heavy, take both a Lord Marshal and a command squad. You're whole army will be LD10 and ignore a whole bunch of morale stuff.
>>
>>43860202
>Beastmen
This conforms to old-fluff too. Beastmen existed in the Imperial Army up until the outbreak of the Horus Heresy, where they ended up joining the forces loyal to the Warmaster en masse.
>>
>>43889106
>Are Rhinos ever good for Tacs?
They are pretty good for veteran tacs.

On normal tacs, they lack special weapons or a high volume of fire so paying for a rhino to ferry them around isn't really worth it.

>I'm still new to 30k. What is good anti tank? I thought the Graviton Cannons would be enough.
They are good but they are pretty expensive, I'd suggest dropping the recons to get more anti-tank, whatever you prefer.

>He's a budget mandatory HQ and comes with the Master of Signals. I can swap him for a Praetor no problem.
IIRC Mary-suezarians have chosen warriors anyway so they can take challenges for Girlyman.

I'd rather swap him out for a HQ with more utility or more firepower.
>>
If I'm running Iron Hands tac blobs,obviously giving them FnP would be fluffy, but are Apothecaries actually fluffy?

Should I model them as something different?
>>
>>43889242
What would you recommend for anti tank? Melta and las?
>>
>>43889377
Apothecaries are always fluffy, everybody needs dat geneseed. Especially any of the isstvan legions.
>>
>>43889106
>rhinos vs blobs

Depends on who you ask. Some say blobs are useless and you need the mobility and ablative AV. Some day rhinos ate too weak and blobs ate the only way. The answer is dependant on your list and the type of missions you play. Non maelstrom missions Without LoWs like Typhons where you score at the end blobs are great. Maelstrom where you score every turn rhinos week get you there etc
>>
>>43890462
say* are* are* will* damn swype
>>
>>43890297
Everyone spams Armored Ceramite. Go lascannons or fast meltabombs
>>
>>43887129
selfbump
>>
>>43887239
Thanks, Really like the way the Iron Warriors are coloured in the big books so tried to go with something similar.

>>43888270
He isn't anybody named from the fluff, just my own.
>>
>>43887129
I'd recommend Perry minatures.

You can get a pack of 46 dudes for like £20 IIRC and they are pretty well detailed.

They are smaller than GW as they aren't heroic scale but if you make the majority of your infantry from the kits it wont matter.

They will look good in an all space marine enviroment as they will make FW marines truescale by comparison.

I've just bought some and I plan to sculpt on carapace armour and use them as Solar Auxilia.
>>
>>43892202
>and they are pretty well detailed.
They're better than most GW kits.
>>
>>43891030
What are some good sources of Lascannons? Are Lascannon Heavy Support squads as subpar as their 40k equivalents?
>>
>>43892202
got a link to their website?
>>
>>43892612
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/ I assume.
>>
>>43892612
Be warned though, if you want to add on Warhammer specific detail, you'll probably have to sculpt it yourself as IG arms and such don't really fit when added on.
>>
>>43892911
I think I am going to settle with the free company and guardsmen idea.
>>
>>43893022
Has GW ever made a more beloved and widely used kit than Free Company?
>>
>>43893295
space marine tactical squad
>>
>>43893306
I;m actually not sure. The tac squad certainly doesn't see as much use in the specialist games like Free Company does.
>>
>>43890462
>>43889242

I will; be going Iron Warriors with the right of war, so 3 troops min. I was going to go with 1 blob and 2 squads in rhinos for the added mobility. Some people say you have to go all or nothing but I just want all of the cakes!
>>
>>43892405
Lascannons are decent. If you can fit a squad in your list and need some anti-armor, they arent a bad option. Depends on your list really. In HH armoured ceramite is almost always taken (in my meta at least) so las is a bit more appealing than melta.

I still run two 5 man support melta teams and a double multi-melta dread though. I should probably change that, old habits die hard I guess.
>>
>>43890462

Rhinos for delivering a squad that you want to survive. Blobs to draw fire or play D.
With fury of the legion and volkite and flamers being common, footslogging marines get torn up.
If you do run marines on foot though, use 20 man squads and add an apothecary.
>>
>>43893751
In my opinion 20man blobs work way better for IW.

You don't take morale checks from shooting attacks which negates a big downside of foot slogging and with their Rite of War bonus more marines is more useful than more mobility.
>>
>>43894167
Yeahhhh you are probably right,, that is just a super large amount of points to get taxed
>>
>>43889158
Combining different versions of power armor was common during the heresy. Supply lines for both traitors and loyalists were disrupted.
>>
>>43894259
True, though one of the good things about Iron Warriors RoW is that they can rapid fire and then charge, so if you take a 20-man blob, put them in a spartan and give them extra CCW weapons, you have a pretty deadly package for a neat 300 points.

There aren't a lot of units who can withstand 40 Bolter shots followed by 40 melee attacks.
>>
>>43894530
neat 600 points sorry*
>>
>>43894530
In 40k 6th, I ran a 30 man death company blob with boltguns and a chaplain, and they just deleted squads of grey hunters. I think they went through 30 grey hunters and 10 terminators, and they still had 7 guys and the chaplain left. So fun
>>
How does the Iron Hands Legion Astrates rule work with Techmarines?

If I put the techmarine at the front do bolters only wound on 6's due to -1 to weapon strength and majority toughness 5 or does it not work like that?
>>
>>43894530
I hate having to use a heavy support slot for a spartan tho. Sure, you can bring it as a dedicated transport for a squad of termies, however then the blob has to stand out in the open for a turn.
>>
>>43893666
They made an entire specialist game for people to pit space marine tactical squads against one another. An entire global campaign too, if you remember Badab's origins.

Also, the RTB01s were the first plastic kit ever.

Tactical squads are terrible in game, but they're easily the most widespread and well used GW kit.
>>
Just ordered two Calth boxes from a store having a black friday weekend sale on pure impulse.

The Imperial Fist upgrade kits, do they go well with the Calth set? I'm thinking of building a Legion chapter eventually. Haven't decided which one yet.
>>
>>43855388

Well, he IS a death guard character up to Istvaan 3. I don't see the problem if he has appropriate colors.
>>
>>43895229
>Legion chapter
stop that
>>
>>43895288
You do realize that most legions had chapters, right?
>>
>>43895288
I mean, technically, he's not actually wrong.
>>
>>43854381
Al right then, 2K alpha legion using Pride of the Legion:

10 sniper vets,2 HB 260
10 sniper vets,2 HB 260
10 tank hunter vets,melta bombs, power sword, AA 265
5 Lernaean Terminators,4 power fists, sergent: chain fist, power dagger, armoured ceramite [prator goes here] 260
Dynat, power dagger 205
Primus medicae, cataphrcii, 120
Mortis patten contemptor, ass cannons 180
3 las Rapier 165
Sicarian, 135
3 apothcaries,1 w/ AA, 1 w/ scanner 150
apothecaries go with the vets, and the learns deep strike in
>>
>>43895288
Chapters were a thing within the Legions.

Doubt that's what he means though. Grand Company also sounds cooler.
>>
>>43895339
shit, ignore the
>armoured ceramite [prator goes here]
part
>>
Which of these sounds cooler to you:

Iron Hands list using their RoW with an equal mix of artillery, troops on the ground w/ graviton guns and outflanking tanks

OR

Iron Warriors list using their specific RoW that is mainly based on 3 20-man tac blobs in spartans, using the rite of war to shoot and charge in the same turn.

I think I like the theme of the second one more, but I feel like the first one might actually be funner to play on tabletop.
>>
>>43895469
First one will be more fun, 3x spartans plays pretty much the same every time. I am trying to make an IW list that uses a lot of reserves, trying to stay more flexible than usual
>>
>>43895175
What was this specialist game called? I need it for research
>>
>>43895569
>3x spartans plays pretty much the same every time
That's kind of what's putting me off it.

I love the idea of normal dudes spilling out of spartans like the D-day landing on crack, but if I'm spending 1800 points of my list on 3 identical packages it might get quite boring.

The only way I can think of spicing it up would be adding IC's.

The second list would cost thrice as much money though, as if I was doing an Iron Hands list I'd want most of my marines in MKII armour.
>>
>>43895229
While chapters were a thing within certain legions this wasnt the case with Imperial Fists, they were organized in Companies and had specialized corps within the legion like the Phalanx Warders and the Templar Brethren, which if Im not mistaken, were spread throughout the legion rather than be stuck in one company.
>>
>>43895469
I really like the IH RoW a it gives so much for so little draw backs. Plus it allows for a fairly flexible army and super tough vehicles with Ferrus included
>>
File: mastadon.jpg (68 KB, 960x716) Image search: [Google]
mastadon.jpg
68 KB, 960x716
>>43895985
Do you know about this sexy mother fucker? I am waiting for the rules to come out, it is a super heavy that has a transport copacity of 40 (i think) models and is the most fucking Iron Warriors thing I have ever seen. I wanna fill it with normal dudes and a contemptor or two.
>>
>>43896305
Only obvious downside is that it is a LoW so you cant have your glorious primarch husbandu charging out of it.
>>
>>43896030
Yeah, though I prefer mainly infantry based lists, but it's pretty good for an artillery/ infantry army as you can take way more firepower and protect it pretty well with graviton guns and having a tank squad or 2 outflank is pretty sweet.

>>43896305
Yeah I have.

It seems like an assault ramp has been ditched in favour of patio doors.
>>
>>43896943
Do be wary of graviton as you it's heavy and a blast that's fairly short range. I like it on my contemptors but threes better weapons on infantry. Also Vorax automata in your elites is something I'm thinking about
>>
>>43895644
You're in its thread
>>
So are they gonna make upgrade bits for 30k Space Wolves or is the 40k upgrade sprue good enough for the iconography?
>>
>>43897035
>Do be wary of graviton as you it's heavy and a blast that's fairly short range
I know, I was planning on taking it on Tech Marines behind an ADL protecting my artillery line.

I'm hoping the enemy will be kind of forced into coming into range, otherwise my list might suck.

Though against enemy artillery tanks I'll have outflanking predators so I should be covered on both ends of the spectrum.

>Also Vorax automata in your elites is something I'm thinking about
Honestly I haven't looked into a lot of what mechanicum could bring.

I know T7 infantry would be nice but I've only really been looking at the marine side of things for now.
>>
Moritats & Ammo dump?

Is this a possible cheesemonger shitlord combo?
>>
>>43896305
>Thunderhawk on treads
>>
>>43897226
Given that the 40k sprues lack any Great Company outside of Blackmane, including Russ' own, I should hope they will.
>>
>>43897420
Yeah I think its exploitable but useless, its a static guy that has only 12'' range. Its going to get ignored or nuked by artillery.
>>
>>43897582
Isn't it the same wolves head icon that 30k SW uses, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.