[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your character ever wonder what it will be like when he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: Space girls.png (1 MB, 986x482) Image search: [Google]
Space girls.png
1 MB, 986x482
Does your character ever wonder what it will be like when he or she gets old?
>>
Most of my characters aren't forward thinking enough to consider that (hence why they're adventurers).

My Baklunish Rogue Akbar wants to become a wealthy lord in the Hold of the Sea Princes (Greyhawk).

Janus is a human fighter who figured he'd retire from the Guard Corps of his city, but now he's in charge of a rebellion so he fully expects to die fighting.

My human ranger has actually just had this conversation and joked about returning to carpentry, but he's aware that his job doesn't really allow for retirement.
>>
>>43853273
At least 7 isn't in that pic
>>
>>43853273

Jesus christ Kes's actress is just terrifying.

Claudia Black and Amanda Tapping don't look too bad though.

>>43853332

It needs Carrie Fisher as well.
>>
>>43853273

It's kinda weird how all the Star Trek women in that picture have aged really badly, whereas the non-Star Trek women haven't. Does leaving Star Trek do something to women we don't know about? Do they drain the youth from leaving actresses and inject it into new ones?
>>
>>43853341

Depends, how does Kate Mulgrew look?

Keeping in mind that she wasn't exactly fresh when she took the role of Janeway either. I distinctly remember being a 30 year old murderer in Murder She Wrote for instance.
I know the woman who played Uhuru whose name I can never remember was aging terribly even when the movies were going out, so christ only knows how bad she looks know.
>>
>>43853332
7 of 9 isn't doing too bad at all really, and neither Janeway nor Ripley is anything like as bad as those.
>>
>>43853273
Im currently working on a Sith Acolyte. They're planning on taking over from their master and achieving functional immortality so hey can gradually conquer everything.
>>
>>43853382

Is Michael Biehn still basically an ageless highlander, or has time finally caught that guy up yet like it finally did with Harrison Ford a few years back.
>>
>>43853273
A lot of my characters have put thought to it.
>>
>>43853378

I don't know to be honest, I'm just going by OP's pic.
>>
File: michael_biehn_2015_04_17.jpg (67 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
michael_biehn_2015_04_17.jpg
67 KB, 400x600
>>43853403
>Michael Biehn
He's got some wrinkles.
>>
>>43853528

Yeah, but he's doing all right though.

Man, I should really rewatch Aliens one of these days, I keep meaning to and then getting distracted.
>>
>>43853528
Get him clean shaven and he'd lose a lot of years.

>>43853378
Nichols got old and then stopped, looking pretty much the same for the past 20 years or so.

Which happens to a lot of people, there's just this point where really, as long as you look after yourself you don't really get much worse. This also comes up in those over 90, Christopher Lee looked pretty much the same for about 30 years for an example of that.
>>
He's a commissar in service of the inquisition, I doubt he'll have to worry about old age.
>>
>>43853586

> Christopher Lee looked pretty much the same for about 30 years for an example of that.

Yeah, but that's Christopher Lee.
>>
File: 726_max.jpg (236 KB, 1433x1600) Image search: [Google]
726_max.jpg
236 KB, 1433x1600
>>43853273

It's a little late for that, my character is already old.
>>
Hutts can live for a thousand years if they don't die of other causes.
Assuming he doesn't get himself killed in combat (which is likely, he's pretty much a sluggy, Force-attuned Canderous) he has about 800-900 years to go. Gonna outlive the rest of the party, maybe watch over their grandchildren, all that stuff.
>>
File: kate-mulgrew-oitnb.jpg (246 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
kate-mulgrew-oitnb.jpg
246 KB, 1280x1920
>>43853378

Basicly the same, just more matronly I guess... She's aged much better than kes at least
>>
File: 1374685188907.jpg (275 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
1374685188907.jpg
275 KB, 600x885
But first she will need to survive the war
>>
>>43853273
She's the true heir of an ancient kingdom, all but forgotten. It's very name has become synonymous with that of the darkest magic.
She lives under the pall of the knowledge her very fate is to sit on its throne.

She can't not think about what her future will hold and the stress of this is driving her down a dark path towards a self fulfilled prophecy.
>>
>>43853273
He doesn't, since he stopped aging.
>>
>>43853528

You are bound to get some wrinkles after saving the earth so many times.
>>
>>43853273
Nah, because he's a father, he's pretty much guaranteed to suffer from Adventurer's Orphanage Syndrome as soon as his kids can hold a sword.
>>
>>43853273
Nine characters out of ten that I make are at some point engineered to go towards immortality of some kind.

I think that says what's necessary about the point, and about me.
>>
>>43853306

My Paladin Jerimiah talks about going back home, hanging up his spurs, and ruling the Barony he will inherit.

But inside, he is fairly certain that he'll die broken and bloody on a field someday- he just hopes that he can save as many people as possible before that day comes.
>>
>>43853273

He was already in his late forties when he put on the combat suit, and the healing mechanism has started trying to fix his aging body. At this point, post-campaign, he's likely inseparable from the suit, more machine than man, and essentially immortal. He's become an NPC in the GM's setting, and one of the few strange characters that can show up to help if a character takes the "Mysterious Stranger" perk.
>>
File: checkmate human.jpg (61 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
checkmate human.jpg
61 KB, 604x438
>>43853273

alright /tg/ survival horror time.

You are forced to have sex with one of OP's older version women.

you do get to choose which one you will fuck.

which bullet do you take?

...you don't have to like it, this is a 'horror' scenario
>>
>>43853273
>Does your character ever wonder what it will be like when he or she gets old?

>Elf
>Elf
>Death-seeking berserker
>cyborg in setting where life-extension treatments exist
>Elf

Nope.
>>
>>43854881
Claudia black.
That was easy.
>>
>>43854881
second from the right

not a super difficult question, but being forced to give up arcane power is a heavy punishment
>>
>>43854881
Amanda Tapping.
>>
>>43854881
>having sex with Aeryn Sun
>'horror' scenario

yeah okay
>>
>>43853340
Kes got done for assault in April and Indecent exposure in September if Wikipedia is to be believed
>>
>>43856338
Yep, though the April charges were evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.
http://wate.com/2015/09/15/star-trek-voyagers-kes-charged-with-exposing-herself-to-children-in-harriman/

>Neighbor Carey Smith says Lien recently walked by her home and commented on how the children were being cared for while two were crying.
>“Started saying vulgar things. I mean really vulgar things, I told her to mind her own business and keep on walking,” said Smith.
>“All of a sudden, here come the shirt up. She started flashing and, ‘Woo hoo,’ and I said, ‘And what respect is that for kids?’ There was none. And then she turned around and dropped her pants,” said Smith.
>Parents, worried things might escalate, then called 911.
>“I didn’t understand why she was doing it,” said Kayla Clark.
>At the time, Lien denied to police that she exposed herself, but officers issued a detainer summons, charging her with indecent exposure.
>When Roane County deputies visited Lien’s house, her front door was open. After knocking on the door, she yelled at deputies to come in.
>Deputies said Lien was naked on her couch, covered by a blanket. She told the deputies she was expecting them.
>Then dispatch told the deputies that Lien had an active warrant from the Harriman City Police Department. When they told her about the warrant, she said they needed to leave her alone, saying she wasn’t going any (expletive) where.
>The two deputies repeatedly asked Lien to put on clothes, eventually calling for a female deputy. They said Lien told them she would have all of them shot and killed.
>Eventually, deputies said the put Lien in handcuffs, putting a shirt and pants from the jail on her. They said she refused to walk to the patrol car and they had to carry her to the car, before driving to the Roane County Detention Center. Lien’s bond was set at $2,500.

Went down for domestic assault in 2012 too.
>>
Lord Commissar Stern is 300+ years old, already received and receiving rejuvenat treatments, plus is essentially an Interregator-on-call for the Inquisition, so even if he retires from the Guard, he's never gonna stop until his pointy hat is 6 feet deep.
>>
>>43854944
>>43854953
>>43855043
>>43855382

>2 for Claudia Black, 2 for Tapping.

holy shit /tg/, you guys have immaculate taste.

you may retain your Wizardhood.
>>
>>43853273
He doesnt!

Because he'll most likely die in a year or so

Yay combat drugs, making life easier in more ways than one!
>>
>>43853273
Marina Sirtis has fucking turned into Carrie Fisher.
>>
>>43853273
Male dorf will look.. Better?

The amazon won't get old

>vampire

Human Ranger will become an old forest hobo who creeps out wanderers and annoys them with his adventurer stories.
>>
>>43856678
To be fair, at 60 she's the oldest person there, a bit older than Fisher herself. The next youngest is Denise Crosby (2nd from left, 58), then Amanda Tapping (50), Claudia Black (43), and Jennifer Lien (41)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.