[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of servant or warrior race would a wizard or cabal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: 1436854484951.jpg (94 KB, 552x780) Image search: [Google]
1436854484951.jpg
94 KB, 552x780
What kind of servant or warrior race would a wizard or cabal of wizards create?

Would they be reisitant to magic so that they could better defeat rival wizards, or more susceptible to magic so the wizard could better support his henchmen/army?
What other traits would a wizard prioritize?

Lets assume that differing greatly from anything found naturally in a setting would cause the cost per individual to be prohibitive.
>>
>>43842654
That outfit makes zero sense. Why did she bother to cover her neck?
>>
>What kind of servant or warrior race would a wizard or cabal of wizards create?
That is so dependent on so many different factors you may as well as not asked the question at all.
>>
>>43842686

Did you not read past the first sentence? There's at least a few token guidelines to follow.

This, at the very least, isn't an image and a single line of greentext.
>>
>>43842701
>There's at least a few token guidelines to follow.
No, you didn't give us any guidelines. Who are these wizards? Who are their enemies? Their allies? Who could they hire? What kind of magics do the above groups use? Do any of them specialize? How much wealth is at heir disposal? How available is magic to them and to anyone in the world in general?
>>
>>43842674
Agreed, necks can be pretty sexy.
>>
>>43842674
because necks are lewd
>>
>>43842674
It literally looks as though the artist designed the thing to be a fully functional, closed robe and then suddenly realised "Whoops, I haven't filled my arbitrary fantasy tit quota!"
>>
>>43842654
Stone Golems are a noteworthy option. They're strong and have hands for the needs of labor, and the lack of speed doesn't matter as much if you're just having them form a wall for you. They're resistant to mundane weaponry and some common elements, while you can prepare more specialized spells in case they get hijacked or go on a rampage.

They wouldn't be as useful against rival wizards, although for them the best option is to get some sort of Air Elemental or Ghost that can approach them unseen and kill them before they use any spells, and in turn you'll want a similar stealthy guardian on your own person.
>>
>>43842674
>fashion doesn't make sense
>news at 11
>>
>>43842827
Naw, distraction tits is a battlefield strategy.
>>
>>43842869
When fighting twelve year-olds, maybe.
>>
>>43842753

I'm not OP, anon.

Though those are legitimate questions.

Allies at least are stated to be henchmen, and they are meant for a support role. We could go several different directions with that:
>Large animate Golems
>Animate siege weaponry
>Shock troop/shield defender animate statues

Cost prohibitive sounds like things that are otherworldly, so demons and weird shit is out.

It'd probably animate suits of armor, having them act as heavy infantry for close quarters. For support from the rear lines, I'd have a few suits for defense but mostly have them be cheap to produce like scarecrows. Heavier versions like animate statues would act as breakers for the front lines, and they'd be pretty terrifying. Simpler stone golems would be used for heavy lifting jobs in the rear, and be brought to the front to perform the really heavy lifting jobs.

Considering these would probably be in limited supply, they'd be brought out when needed with lots of cheap golems in support roles in the rear and fewer used for actual combat, humans are going to do the bulk of the work here.
>>
>>43842885
>his enemies don't use 12 year olds as sneaky assassins
You lucky child
>>
>>43843109
>his enemies use 12 year olds for any task requiring competence
No, my friend, it is you who is lucky.
>>
>>43843125
>age meaning shit skill-wise in fantasy
>>
>>43843125
>not being an african warlord
step it up senpai
>>
>>43843151
>"fantasy" means "children aren't useless dipshits"
I take it back: you are no friend of mine.
>>
>>43843171
Not the ones used as assassins
>>
>>43842654
Minotaurs.
>>
>>43843162
>implying it takes competence to shoot people
The greatest thing about guns is how insanely easy it is to learn how to use them.
>>
>>43843125
You don't take them for their competence (and it's not like they automatically are incompetent anyway) but because they are usually overlooked and they can do whatever they want wherever they please only seldom being questioned.
>>
>>43843188
Exactly. Guns being easy to use is literally the entire reason they started getting used en masse.

Early guns were worse than longbows and crossbows but you could train peasants to use them with just a couple days of practice.
>>
>>43843109
And that's why you have milf bodyguards for /ss/ countermeasures against any shota assassins
>>
>>43843641
So, a perfect servant race for spell casters are one of Muscular MILF warrior and sneaky shota assasins?
>>
>>43843671
No, the perfect race is asexual and and doesn't care to distinguish between children and adults.
>>
>>43842827
So kind of like the boob windows that were briefly popular on the Tokyo scene?
>>
>>43843171
Real life means children aren't useless dipshits.
>>
>>43842654
The details differ a lot based on the situation. The only thing that's important universally to servant races is that they be loyal.
>>
>>43843733
Have you never had the misfortune of dealing with children? They have no experience with anything and you can seriously injure them by accidentally bumping into them at the grocery store.
>>
>>43843671
Or loli assassins and futamilfs
>>
>>43843754
That's got nothing to do with age, you can achieve that with 30 year olds
>>
>>43843960
Yeah, but you've met plenty of 30 year olds you couldn't beat up or outsmart. Have you ever met a kid you couldn't beat up or outsmart?
>>
>>43842654
DEPENDS.
ON.
SETTING.
>>
>>43843972
Sometimes when I play videogames
>>
>>43843671
>MILF Amazons
>Shota rogues
So, does that mean the casters are lolis/traps?
>>
>>43843892
That sounds like a security risk, what if a nemesis swaps your bed warmer with a hostile assassin?
>>
>>43844007
GIT
I
T

GUD
U
D
>>
>>43843717
Wait, what?
>>
>>43844036
/v/ pls, I'm moving more towards single player now. And speaking of that, I might get the shadowrun trilogy now that it's on sale, does anyone here familiar with it suggest it?
>>
>>43844058
The first is meh, and I haven't played the second, but I really enjoyed the third, did every run I could in that game.
>>
File: file.png (352 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
352 KB, 800x800
>>43844049
You know the ones you see in anime? Based on a real thing.
>>
>>43844058
They're pretty good. The first is still the best story in my opinion, but I'm a sucker for a murder mystery and Dead Man's Switch is one that makes you actually investigate and think. The gameplay progressively gets better as it goes on, but the other two have NPCs doing the footwork of the investigative part while you do more traditional video game type missions. Not that they're poorly written by video game standards or anything.
>>
>>43843733
They're pretty useless though. But that's fine.
>>
>>43844086
>the only time anime tries to do anything even closely resembling anything resembling real life is when it involves showing tits
doesn't surprise me
>>
>>43844084
>>43844112

Good to hear, the entire series is up for 14 bucks, if even one proves to be decent it won't be wasted money. What about boston lockdown though? Is it related? It's not in the collection.
>>
>>43842866
Hah. Yeah... that is so very true.
>>
>>43844058
>/v/ pls, I'm moving more towards single player now.
I personally find that tabletop has spoiled me for vidya. Once you've had a living, breathing person running the world that you play in, vidya can only satisfy your more base urges.
>>
>>43844161
Well I play vidya for the things I can't have at the table. For now I've got a game going so I can have the best of both worlds.
>>
>>43844138
I haven't played it, but I haven't heard anything good about it. It's another studio cashing in on the success of the guys who made the main three, I think.
>>
>>43844017
That's why you identify your futamilf by her cock.
>>
>>43842654
Likely something similar to gillmen or another magically enslaved race or the Nagaji. (Both pathfinder oriented but they might serve for our case.)

They are particularly susceptible to magic of certain kinds commonly used by their masters, but they were kept to do things that their masters could usually not. As in walk on land, or carry heavy burdens.

As for their enemies, its likely the race might be magically controlled by their masters along with indocternated so that they listen to their masters as best as they can while attempting to push out control of the enemies.

Although if its a cabal of wizards making a warrior race against another similar cabal of wizards, then they may just skip out on the race at all and make completely loyal golems, animated armor, undead, etc.

If it was against a group that does not have a lot of magic users, or the magic they use is not the same as the first group of wizards, then the first described solutions are likely best.
>>
File: 1447747660830.jpg (408 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
1447747660830.jpg
408 KB, 960x718
>>43842869
>>
File: 83075.jpg (40 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
83075.jpg
40 KB, 400x640
Brains are for casters.
>>
>>43842674
Vampires
>>
>>43842654
I would look at the created races in Star Trek DS9.

The Jem'Hadar were drug addicted, fast growing, and built for war. If they failed to be loyal, the drug was removed and withdrawal would kill them pretty quickly.

The Vorta were modified for loyalty and built to be diplomats. Poison immunity, intelligent, and charismatic. But they had very bad senses and otherwise were pretty frail.
>>
>>43844086
I take it that style never crossed over to N. America. Damn.
>>
>>43842674
In her society breasts on women are not overtly sexualized, whereas a proper woman would NEVER show a man her neck, not even in the dark.

And thus, such neck coverings are born. It's actually not even the weirdest overly sexualized body part that HAS existed, let alone what COULD exist.
>>
>>43844855
Plus if you grow up seeing boobies everywhere you get used to them. Ankles and necks are where it's at.
>>
>>43845185
And don't even dream of asking to see a woman's lower back.

That's a good way to end up on some sort of government database.
>>
>>43842674

she felt a little nippy
>>
>>43844086
I don't believe you
>>
>>43842674
She lives in a cold weather region, but is dedicated to a god of lewdness. This leaves her wanting to cover up as much as possible, but required to expose a minimum amount for religious regions.
>>
>>43842654
Goatmen
>>
File: Slaveling drawfag.jpg (131 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Slaveling drawfag.jpg
131 KB, 1280x960
Kobolds.
>>
File: The+Smirk.png (91 KB, 280x204) Image search: [Google]
The+Smirk.png
91 KB, 280x204
>>43845463
>>
>>43846014
Those are for dragons though
>>
>>43844016
No, the rogues are traps
>>
>>43844325
>based George
Sometimes i get the feeling if you are honest, you can get away with the biggest incorrectnesses.
I heard people complain more about the games above than dragons crown or silent hill.
Even womens like dragons crown or sh more and ok.
>>
>>43844138
Boston Lockdown was meant to become a Shadowrun MMO kind of thing I believe, but the devs pulled a good old bait-and-switch when the cash ran out. Something like that.
>>
>>43842674
You're obviously not a woman, or you're fucking trolling.
>>
File: Massasi.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
Massasi.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>43842654

Something like this motherfuckers.
>>
>>43842654

They would want a short lived race with the ability to have many children, but developmentally puts in the effort to make those children excel. Shitty cannon fodder you can throw away sounds nice on paper, but usually just means you are not getting the results you paid for because all of your troops are weak or dumb as shit and need constant micromanaging/are worth less than the weapons they are carrying. You want soldiers that can use tactics and fight in formation effectively.

You want this race to fairly low magic in nature. magical resistance isn't really necessary since magic using enemies are not super common, and you can afford to lose some to fireballs. Give them a small but significant chance of magical aptitude so that you can have battlemages without being swamped with magic using servants.

Give them an insatiable desire that cannot be satisfied, so that no matter how good they have it they eventually take it for granted and want more. This will make it easy to drive them to expand and conquer new territory for reasons beyond mere loyalty, because the best form of control is mutual beneficial relationships.

Make them mammilian, because mammals are programmed for family structure and social hierarchy, which makes them easy to organize and train. Give them the strength to wield weapons and armor, and the endurance for long overland marches.

Give them an aptitude for combat such that they can and will weaponize basically anything they can get their hands on should the need arise.

Call them humans.
>>
File: green-frog.jpg (104 KB, 462x634) Image search: [Google]
green-frog.jpg
104 KB, 462x634
>>43852626
>the-edge.jpg
>>
>>43844325
I don't mind it so much when people are honest about it. It's just silly when they try to justify it somehow, because it makes no sense. I mean, I like boobs too...just maybe not in the middle of combat.
>>
>>43852744

I dont think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>43842654
http://cgwall.cn/show-1040.html
>>
>>43844325
>>43851621
People like honesty, and people hate when they receive bullshit. Most of what happens in these industries is people trying to spew bullshit reasons instead of just being honest and truthful.
>>
>>43842654
Depends on what they need it for, but being loyal or at least controllable is probably the only common theme
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.