[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: 1448450158435.png (160 KB, 470x188) Image search: [Google]
1448450158435.png
160 KB, 470x188
>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Favorite card / deck in the format?
>Most hated card / deck in the format?
>Your pet deck?
>>
File: harvest wurm madness.jpg (303 KB, 1189x535) Image search: [Google]
harvest wurm madness.jpg
303 KB, 1189x535
>>43836976
>Playing?
Pic is the deck I play when i play pauper I have it assembled on paper and mtgo though I haven't played it on mtgo in months.
>Brewing?
Nothing really just changing around my current deck
Raven's Crime on power level but Harvest Wurm for flavor
Hexproof because its my worst match up by a lot and its non interactive
>>
>>43837065
Cool deck familia. Have you tried Arrogant Wurm?

>Playing?
UG Madness
>Brewing?
UB Ninjas
Circular Logic
Hexproof. I wish there was a removal spell that could target through Hexproof, Boggles can go die in a fire
>Your pet deck?
Maybe GB Loam
>>
>>43837120
I have and found it mediocre threat compared to gurmag angler + dragon fangs. The deck used to have more madness cards but I found the value of enabling the dredge guys to be more valuable to the decks engine as it will 90% of the time give you the option of using gnaw to the bone on turn 4 or 5 for more than your starting life total which blows out most aggro decks. (other than hexproof)
>>
>>43836976
>Playing?
About Face
http://deckstats.net/deck-8409283-0e35778a12595f7b7f1c2f59d241d35a.html
>Brewing?
Kuldotha Jeskai to give to my brother in law for Christmas. Must spread cardboard addiction.
About Face and the deck that goes with it
Daze from Delver. I totally lose to that.
>Your pet deck?
About Face.again. Did a lot of brewing for it myself.
>>
>>43837214
But aren't Dragon Fangs useless on their own though? Wurm gives you extra fat bodies to go with Anglers.

>>43837256
Were you here yesterday too?
>>
>>43837306
Ayup.
>>
>>43837306
Dragon fangs are amazing, and have actually over preformed in the deck they give trample to gurmag anglers when they come into play and it comes into play from your graveyard when you mill it so it doesn't even cost any mana its a deck slot for free trample. The worst case scenario is you play it on a wild mongrel or harvest wurm so its trades up with something and gets a bit of damage in only to return later on a gurmag angler.
>>
>>43836976
>Playing?
Faeries delver, reanimator
>Brewing?
Infect and elves
Snap, zombie fish / delver
Burn.
>Your pet deck?
Reanimator I guess.

I wish this format was more popular. Everybody can play it and it's cool to play with cards that are usually overlooked.
>>
>>43837375
You can make the format more popular, anon. Just take a group of around 8 people to play it with sweet prize support and you will eventually attract both veterans that want the prizes and casuals that don't have enough money to play Modern or Legacy.
>>
Anyone here plays Pauper EDH or does the EDH General take care of that?
>>
>Playing?
Caw Blade
>Brewing?
Landfall Zoo
Trinket Mage
Gladecover Scout, fuck that faggot ass bitch
>Your pet deck?
Caw blade
>>
>>43836976
Only poorfags play Pauper
>>
File: IMG_20151125_112715.jpg (776 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151125_112715.jpg
776 KB, 1920x2560
>>43838060
Get rekt scrub, you're probably a frustrated Standard player who is salty because all the cards we play are considered "too good for Standard"
>>
File: IMG-20151112-WA0009.jpg (120 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151112-WA0009.jpg
120 KB, 899x1599
>>43838060
Bumping while BTFO'ing you more with my latest crack
>>
>>43838106
>>43838140
You're not proving anything, pauperfag

You're poor as fuck

Enjoy being the only poorfag on /tg/
>>
>playan
Grindy af Jund "you have no hand" deck

>brewan
Some shitty aristicrats bs because i love Qarsi Sadist

>Favorite
I really love Bant Tinker/Paublade and RUG Paupertron

>Hatan
I really wish Gurmag Angler wasn't a thing. It's not like it's particularly op or anything but UBx Angler is like 95% of my local meta and easily half the decks i play on mtgo
>>
>>43838191
>The two pieces of cardboard I posted cost probably more than half your salary
>hahahaha poorfag xDDD u play pauper lol xP

Wew lad, the damage control is huge
>>
>>43838195
Care posting a list / ideas about Bantblade? I'm the Caw Blade anon and I've been exploring splashes of both Red and Black, but Green just doesn't offer anything outside of Qasali Pridemage.

Besides Landfall I'm also brewing Jund goodstuff and Aristocrats too, will post list in a while.
>>
>>43838219
I'm currently out of town for thanksgiving and using my phone, so a full list isn't going to happen, but i splash green for armadillo cloak mainboard and serene heart sideboard, using trinket mage and bant panorama to tutor for a green source should i need it.
>>
>>43838191
>believing anything other than Pauper is the most skill intensive format
>believing people who play Pauper don't also play Legacy since they're very similar formats
>believing a format is shit because you can't jam 4 bring to light 4 siege rhinos and netdeck the rest and call it a day

Go play some standard, kid. I hope you enjoy anticipate, leaf gilder, cancel, fiery impulse and all other watered down staples so newfags like you wouldn't complain that the game is anything other than "Magic: the green creature turning"
>>
>>43838244
Wouldn't that be better off as Bant Enchantments with Heliod's Pilgrim instead of Trinket Mage? You can fetch for removal, buffs and shit and slap them into Hawks.

http://deckstats.net/deck-8418862-0d4f20070bd5d20b7e5c0308dfc7cf73.html

Here's the Aristocrats build. I've been trying to slot 2-3 Battle Screech and 2 Bonesplitter forever, though
>>
>>43838298
I feel like bant enchantments is a totally different deck. Trinket mage lets me get any number of toolbox cards including equipment for my guardians of the guildpact when my birds eventually eat an edict, and if you've never experienced the joy of a voltron guardian with multiple instances of separately triggering lifelink protected by a wall of birds and counter magic you're missing out.
>>
>>43838330
I've ran Guardian before in UW Caw Blade, but it got replaced by Custodi Squire since it's an evasive threat with natural high power that can loop itself endlessly in grindy matches. Guardian was ok, but he ate too many Edicts / Counterspells and didn't provide the inevitability I wanted

How do you fetch Cloak?
>>
>>43838298
And that aristocrats build is interesting, have you consisted Qarsi Sadist, even just for sideboard, to help with aggressive match ups that you could use a little extra life against?
>>
>>43838345
I'll admit to having never heard of custodi squire before now and i can definitely see it's merits, definitely going to give it a try. However I'm a little wary of making the deck into kind of "bant fliers" simply because of the prevalence of flying hate in my meta to deal with the other blue decks. I like guardian mostly because it diversifies the avenues of attack.

And i don't tutor for cloak, i run three and with the amount of draw the deck has i have no trouble hitting at least one most games.
>>
>>43838367
It's interesting tech, but I'll probably relegate it to the side, since my 2 spot is already crammed. The Human subtypecertainly helps because it can be sacrificed to Falkenrath Torturer
>>
>>43838445
I also run unruly mob and rite of consumption in my aristicrats. The moon can get huge without targeted removal and rite gives you some huge reach with the former.
>>
Pauper a best.
>>
>>43838497
*mob

Damn phone
>>
>>43838497
I don't like the fact that Mob does nothing by itself and that Rite is useless without a big Mub
>>
File: 178145.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
178145.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
Anyone here has any experience playing Boros Kitty? Playing Both Bolt and Galvanics are my kind of shit, plus I love pic related.

Questions:

Is it worth adding blue for 'drifters?
To Firebolt or not to firebolt?
Any list you'd recommend to start with?
Squadron Hawks? Or have they fallen out of fashion? What about Koldotha Rebirth?
>>
>>43837830
Trying to get my friends to play more often. We use uncommon as the general and everything else 2/3 t he size of EDH (so 66 card deck size, 30 life, 16 commander dmg)
>>
>>43837830
I've been tempted to play a Bloodbraid Elf value EDH, but I've read that the lack of boardwipes hurt the format a lot and make the games stall and go on forever. Besides, I don't thik there are many intersting cards for multiplayer.
>>
>>43839084
- yes, and other things (perilous research, dream stalker, trinket mage)
- yes
- mtg goldfish is a good start
- Hawks, depends on the deck. If it's running trinket mage, yes. Kuldotha, not so much.
>>
>>43839123
16 commander damage and 66 card decks? That sounds like the wet dream of a control deck's hexproof general.
>>
>>43839207
Our meta is not very mature. If we start playing more and get sufficiently cutthroat were not asshurt faggots unable to change rules
>>
>>43839163
Whoever told you that the lack of wipes hurts the format is bullshitting. You have Rolling Thunder, Evincar's Justice, Crypt Rats, Pestilence, Fireball, Pyrotechnics, Fade Away, Boulderfall, and a lot of 2-for-1s. The games are rarely stale, and I've got an Izzet Guildmage combo deck that can take the table single handedly and a Mistmeadow Witch control / value deck that has some hard locks. The games take around the same, if not less time than normal EDH.

>>43839207
100 card decks, but 16 commander dmg is alrighty. Ascended Lawmage is the general for you my friendo

>>43839084
I prefer Azorius Kitty, but nowadays Jeskai is played a lot more. Squadron Hawks have fallen out of fashion in Kitty decks. In addition to drifters, you can also use Perilous Research as another anon pointed, and also Momentary Blink and that kind of shit. Also Serrated Arrows.
>>
>>43839190
This is the decklist I've been eyeing. Does it look OK?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pauper-kuldotha-jeskai-21706#paper
>>
>>43839335
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pauper-kuldotha-jeskai-21706#paper

Not the same anon, but it looks decent. I would cut the Firebolts and Rebirths entirely and add 4 Perilous Research. You have enough removal after all, so you don't need to care about Firebolt.
>>
>>43838106
>>43838140
How triggered are you even that you post the same shit every day? Posting a lucky pull from a recent set won't even prove anything when you effectively paid 3 bucks for each and just got lucky. If you want to prove something post signed delvers or something, promos, altered arts, i bet you don't even play those expeditions, they aren't even pauper cards.
You just seem to be a frustrated pauperfag who is so proud of his expeditions he has to post them on completely unrelated topics. Pauper is for poor people and that's what makes it good, you don't win or lose based on your budget.
>>
>>43839428
>Pauper is for poor people
I doubt that many people play pauper exclusively.
>>
>>43839648
That's what I tried to tell, but this faggot >>43839428 seems so buttblasted that he can't even comprehend that people play more than one format. I am currently at work, but I have a playset of Expedition Strands that I play and I'm planning on buying the full playset of each expedition, Deltas are next. Most of these aren't even pulled from a pack. If I was a poorfag, I would trade / sell these, not actively seek them and buy / trade for more. You're just an assmad kid whose mom won't buy him $200+ shiny lands and has to project on people.
>>
File: BurnPauperProper 001 (Large).jpg (822 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
BurnPauperProper 001 (Large).jpg
822 KB, 2304x1728
>>43836976
>>Playing?
pic
>brewing
Wanna play pestilence.
>>
File: PauperRockCurrent 001 (Large).jpg (748 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
PauperRockCurrent 001 (Large).jpg
748 KB, 2304x1728
>>
>>43840674
I would cut Dangerous Wager, Faithless Lootings and Volcanic Hammer for Staggershock and Shard Volley. Volley is Lightnings 9-12, it's too good to pass.

>>43840700
I love the Rock familia but it seems that outside of Dead Dog / Tortured Existence / Loam it's pretty difficult to use. What about cutting Doom Blade for Ghastly Demise, Diabolic Edict for Chainer's Edict and Primal Huntbeast for Werebear? Maybe add 2-3 Gurmag Angler

About landbase I would play the full 4 Jungle Hollow and cut Guildgates for Mortuary Mires, then swap some basics for 2-3 Radiant Fountain and suddenly your aggro matchups and the lifeloss from Elves and Leeches becomes more manageable.
>>
What "fun" and competitive deck I can make?
>>
File: RGBeatsPauper 001 (Large).jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
RGBeatsPauper 001 (Large).jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
>>43840808
The Rock one's quite an old list, back before Chainers was redone as a common.

I liked the Huntbeasts for the hexproof, but overall the entire list could do with an overhaul. Most of my pauper pics are ancient anyway.
>>
>>43841057
Define "fun"
>>
>>43841161
Where I win at the expense of others fun.
>>
File: IMG_20151126_193950.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_193950.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>2005279
Posting my pet deck, reanimator
>>
>>43841110
This one's pretty good. Definitely consider Fiery Temper and Arrogant Wurm if you're planning on updating it, and perhaps splashing a Plains or two for some sideboard hate, Qasali Pridemage and a Wild Nacatl upgrade.
>>
>>43841182
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-09-15-snow-go/

Guaranteed that only you will be having fun.

Also Turbo Fog: http://puremtgo.com/articles/what-fog
>>
>>43841557
Sudamérica o España? Red version with Tormented Voice and Faithless Lootings to dump Breath and fatties seems better from my testings.

>>43841182
There's the quick painless path and the combo path. And then there's the "torture until death slow as fuck path"
>>
>>43841574
Why play that over Grixis Teachings or even straight up Dimir? Now you have a wincon in Angler or Burn in the Grixis version, so Sprout Swarm is not needed. I'm legit curious here, not berating or anything.
>>
>>43841590
España.
Do you have a list for the red version?
>>
>>43841615
In my experience, UB Teachings (And Grixis even more) have a hard time with all out aggro decks that can kill you before you stabilize. So Snow Go plays a Bolt package along with a Skred one to manage the field before you can play your counters.

Also, playing creatures actually means you are turning on their removal, so you have to end up saving those counters to protect them. Sprout swarm doesn't have that problem.

Here's a thread on the deck: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pauper/comments/2siaer/stream_from_this_weeks_pct_w_skred_teachings_70/

(Note that the deck has changed since, notably playing 2 Sprout Swarms now)
>>
File: PauperGreenPost 001 (Large).jpg (797 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
PauperGreenPost 001 (Large).jpg
797 KB, 2304x1728
fuck you wizards for banning post.
>>
>>43841621
Sadly not here, but the core was

4 Tormenting Voice
4 Faithless Lootings
4 Exhume
4 Gurmag Angler
4 Ulamog's Crusher
4 Dragon Breath
3 Dragon Fangs

>>43841740
You can play Tron my nigga. I used to play this but I've switched to Mono Blue with a light G splash for Fierce Empath, Maul Splicer and Walker of the Grove. Feels good not dying to your own greedy manabase.
>>
>>43841724
Grixis can still run the Skred and Bolt package though, and even better due to no 3rd color. UB has Grim Harvest to recover threats so you don't have to protect them. But I can see the work behind Sprout Swarm, I just think it's a bit slow and very soft to counters.
>>
Ok, so I have a question. Is pauper:
-only commons
-commons and uncommons
-1 rare, 3 uncommons, and the rest commons
im like 80% that it's only commons, but I had a couple of friends say that it also can use uncommons. Then, a couple of people at my LGS say its 1 rare ect. im somewhat new to magic so im not entirely sure and i'd like to build the deck right when I build it.
>>
>>43843046
pauper = only commons

peasant = 5 uncommons
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.