[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Standard players bow down to the superior Pauper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Mystical-Teachings.jpg (73 KB, 420x306) Image search: [Google]
Mystical-Teachings.jpg
73 KB, 420x306
Why don't Standard players bow down to the superior Pauper overlord?
>>
>>43819453
Their ability to process dopamine is still largely intact, allowing them to enjoy themselves without having to go to greater and greater lengths to feel like they matter.
>>
>>43819487
>dropping 300$+ on lands instead of getting a tier 1 deck for 20$
>not going to great lengths

At least I get to keep Mana Leak, Elvish Mystic, Doom Blade, Ponder and a large etc :^)
>>
File: Image.jpg (36 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
36 KB, 223x310
Bump
>>
>>43819533
>implying I have a cardboard addiction
>>
>>43819785
>if I play something casually it's an addiction!

Pauper is both cheaper and more powerful than Standard, on top of being diverse as fuck. Deal with it m8.
>>
fuck it pauper thread.

POST YOUR SPICY MEMEDECKS
>>
>>43819453
Because you get bigger rewards from Standard tournaments.

>>43819845
http://deckstats.net/deck-8409283-0e35778a12595f7b7f1c2f59d241d35a.html
About Face Combo reporting in
>>
>>43819845
Caw Blade master race reporting in, this shit has at least a 50% fighting chance against the field except Bogles. Fuck Bogles.

http://deckstats.net/deck-8409285-b9e32c1f680778a0d1b8e273f9f989b3.html
>>
>>43819882
You don't unless you're talking about PT/GP level shit.

LGS are authorized to choose any format they want for FNM. Here Pauper and Modern happen to be the most popular ones because Standard is an underpowered, cash cow piece of shit.
>>
>>43819886
Why not accumulated?
>>
>>43819915
Have to draw at least 3 of them for it to be better than Epiphany, and I'd have to cut a Drifter for the 4th AK. Trust me, I've tested this shit for like two years and all it needs now is overpowered 1 CMC removal like Sunlance without the restriction (not gonna happen), good 1 CMC equipment, and some mini-wrath better than Holy Light.
>>
>>43819882
Does it work without any protection other than Benevolent Bodyguard? Seems like MBC will just Edict your shit up
>>
Do pauper drafts work? Thinking about doing one with the rares as prizes.
>>
>>43819925
>Have to draw at least 3 of them for it to be better than Epiphany
AK goes 1-2-3-4 totalling out at 6 CA for 10 mana.
Epiphany requieres you to have an artifact onboard to be better than a cantrip. You only have 3 artifacts (7 if we count the mage). Apiphany gets you 4 CA for 12 mana. IF you have an artifact.

last time I played that deck I did have more artifacts, about 5 or so, having 2 utility ones. Again, last time I played it, TC wasn't banned so you had 4AK and 4TC and a bunch of cantrips.
>>
>>43819453
No paper pauper in my area and I'm in a big city that holds GPs :(
>>
>>43819964
It has also 6 Artifact Lands and all artifacts are fetchable with Trinket Mage. Since the first turns are spent controlling the board, whenever I cast an Epiphany (usually turn 4-5 if I don't counter anything) I already have out a naturally drawn artifact land / equipment or have fetched one with Trinket Mage. I still have to discard one to Epiphany's drawback since I added it in Origins

About AK it's just 2 more cards when compared with a full playset of Epiphanies (if you count a Drifter you have to count the 2/2 flying body as CA) so it's not worth the fuss of drawing them in order and waiting until the third AK to be better than Epiphany. Thus if either get counted at least with Epiphany you didn't jump through hoops and played mediocre copies until you got your third.
>>
File: file.png (337 KB, 497x499) Image search: [Google]
file.png
337 KB, 497x499
>>43819996
>It has also 6 Artifact Lands and all artifacts are fetchable with Trinket Mage
It's fine then.
>mfw I didn't see the artifact lands
>>
http://deckstats.net/deck-8409508-568bd62b723bfcedb09636423bd1b6d3.html

pls no bully
>>
>>43820201
>No tarkir duals
>>
>>43820214
Need to feed Mandrills and 4 etb tapped lands is the max I can afford without being clunky. I want my mongrels or aquamoebas out by turn 2 no questions asked or I lose.
>>
>>43819973
The pauper part sucks mane. But if you can find a small group of people willing (around 8) and sweet prize support (sought after cards instead of boosters for example, and some store credit if your LGS does that) you will start to attract both veterans interested in the prizes and casuals without enough money to buy into the big formats.
>>
>>43819973
Play online
>>
>>43819453
Pauper is something you play with friends unless you manage to organize a local league. Wish the format wasn't only alive on MTGO or Cock since the format is pretty nice.
>>
>>43819803
And 10 times harder to find a playgroup for.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.