[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death In The Dreamhouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: the dreamhouse.jpg (116 KB, 1070x746) Image search: [Google]
the dreamhouse.jpg
116 KB, 1070x746
For such an opulent mansion it's pretty far out into the sticks. The only road leading into the mountain was an old access road from the days when this part of the mountain used to belong to the owner of a long since abandoned lumber yard.

The exterior of the house is decrepit, but it is clear to you that it must once have been a thing of great majesty. Even now, with its ornaments all but gone and the once bright colours cracked and faded, the sheer size of the house fills you with wonder. The front entrance doors alone, two monolithic pieces of wood, dwarf you utterly.

You’re nervous. Your flashlight still has plenty of power though, and you’ve already travelled a long way to reach this point.

Do you:
a) Approach the front doors to enter.
b) Work your way around the perimeter of the house to explore the exterior further.
c) Change your mind and go back the way you came.
>>
RULES:

3 'votes' i.e. posts decides an action.

Please resist the temptation to samefriend.

I TYPE SLOWLY.

Getting that out the way so there's no bitching.
>>
C. Absolutely C. Nothing good can come of this shit.
>>
B.

This place looks pretty neat, a bit of elbow-grease and it'd be fantastic!

Let's check the grounds. Might be something neat. We can peek in the windows too.
>>
B. Perhaps theres a garden or a pool or maybe even a hedge maze!
All of these would need to be evaluated so we can report back to the bosses with an estimate on the real estate
>>
>>43792909
>>43792939
NEW RULE: If something gets a majority vote and enough time passes, I'll go with that.
>>
You’re not sure you want to try your luck with the huge entrance doors just yet, and besides; you want to see just how big this house is. You begin your course around its edge. You had thought at first glance it was decrepit, but up-close you can see what a poor condition the building is in. Before long you come to a window, which a long time without maintenance has not been kind to. The window is caked so thickly with dirt as to be almost opaque.

Do you:
a) Try and wipe off some of the dirt to catch a glimpse inside.
b) Continue working your way around the house’s outer wall.
c) Decide it’s never too late and turn back either to main entrance or back down the long drive.
>>
>>43793120
a) Try and wipe off some of the dirt to catch a glimpse inside.

Hopefully nothing spooky meets our eyes.
>>
>>43793135
Curiosity gets the better of you. With the thick sleeve of your winter coat you wipe at the muck that covers the window. “Shit, this stuff’s plastered on,” you curse. Frustrated at your lack of progress removing the dry mud, you take out your water flask and pour some on the window. Gratefully it seems to do the trick, and enough of the filth is cleared for you to peer through. Although it’s apparent to you that the inside of the window is dirty itself, you can make out rough outlines of shapes through the dark glass. You can see furniture, antique and tattered, but nonetheless of an expensive quality. “It looks like a study,” you think to yourself. The edges of the room are in total darkness, but one corner – the darkest part of the room you can see – somehow catches you eye. You look at it, and it seems to hold your gaze in a way that chills you quite inexplicably.

Do you:
A) Shrug it off, pull yourself away from the window and continue your circuit of the house.
B) Shrug it off, pull yourself away from the window and return to the front entrance.
C) Stay and try to figure out what is in the corner.
>>
>>43793364
B
>>
>>43793364
B) Shrug it off, pull yourself away from the window and return to the front entrance.

Something creepy in the study, check.

Let's go inside and start the exploration!
>>
>>43793520
>>43793612
When you pass through huge faded magenta doors – a great deal lighter than they appeared - nothing is as you expected it to be at all. Whereas the exterior was in near-total ruin, and the study appeared dilapidated itself, the entrance hall is another story altogether. Crystal chandeliers illuminate the grand entrance hall, perfectly arranged furniture in exquisite condition litters the hall, and at the end of the foyer the grandest staircase you’ve ever seen curls majestically to the first floor landing. The foyer alone is bigger than most people's houses and could probably be converted into one if desired. The only less-than-immaculate thing you see in the hall is a pair of much smaller sliding doors at the far end, almost tucked beneath the gargantuan staircase.

Do you:
a) Move to the staircase and make your way upstairs.
b) Investigate the derelict sliding doors.
c) Head through a doorway to your left and try to find the study.
d) Head through a doorway to your right and see what else the ground floor has to offer.
>>
>>43793703
b) Investigate the derelict sliding doors.

Gotta poke the unique thing. Maybe a servant's closet or something/
>>
>>43793759
You pace the length of the grand hall, which takes you longer than expected, to investigate the curiously dilapidated sliding doors at the other end. You try and take a note of the numerous other doors you see, presumably all leading to the separate wings of this enormous house. The furnishings of the hall are masterpieces in their own right – the tables and chairs are all made of the most expensive woods, and the seats and reclining sofas that speckle the room are bedecked in cushions that look as though they could swallow you whole.

You reach the sliding doors you came to explore. Like the entrance doors you imagine they must once have been a garish pink, but the paint had aged and cracked. It is two small buttons on the wall just next to the doors that give the game away; one arrow pointing up, and one pointing down. It’s an elevator! The doors themselves are not quite closed, you take a glance through the crack and your suspicions are confirmed – it’s a small elevator.

Do you:
a) Press the up button.
b) Press the down button.
c) Go back into the hall and explore one of the previous options.

Might give it a break soon, sorry mate. I'll continue the story another time though (and type up more in advance) in the hopes of getting more interest/getting to the spoops faster.
>>
>>43794013
>C
We don't know how old this elevator is. Sure the rooms are well preserved, but that means nothing for the motors or brakes for the winches and cables
>>
>>43794121
That's all from me tonight I'm afraid, anon.

I'll make a new thread tomorrow though and carry on/start afresh, but either way I'll have typed up loads more before I start.

I'll try and make it clearer it's a new quest thread as well, and hopefully get some more people on board.

Thanks for participating though!
>>
>>43794230
Set up a Twitter OP, so you can easily communicate when new threads will happen!

Also it's a good idea to include "Quest" somewhere in the title.
>>
>>43795531
This, otherwise people will come in just to bitch that a quest thread evaded their filters.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.