[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow of the Demon Lord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: shadowlord.jpg (36 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
shadowlord.jpg
36 KB, 200x300
PDF link: http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/PXalKqpm/file.html

Shouldn't this game be right up /tg/'s alley?

- Fantasy RPG
- Better system and more balanced than DnD5e
- Heavily inspired by Warhammer Fantasy
- Written by one of the writers of Warhammer Fantasy RPG
- Pretty good reviews all around
- You can play a robot powered by the souls of the dead, if you want

SotDL general, what's your impressions? What are you doing with the game?
>>
Shadow of the demon lord - Survival of the Fittest
https://u.pomf.io/bxrhhh.7z

An official (but actually relatively uninspiring) adventure for starting characters.

I think it would be a cool idea for each person to make two level 0 characters - one hand-made, and one totally random - and then they have to use whichever one survives (or just pick one if they both do).
>>
>>43766839
>dnd
>warhammer
You made it sounds like they tried to create worst game ever.
>>
>>43766839
I tried this, they tried to make a super simple d20 system that just ended up being largely dull. It doesn't ever feel like the players can really become super powered heroes (whether or not you want that is personal preference) also they had a super edgy additional class in a separate rule book that had some of the worst magical relm I've seen. Let me see if I can find it.
>>
File: whatthefuck.jpg (597 KB, 1298x1349) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.jpg
597 KB, 1298x1349
>>43768713
Found it.
>>
>>43766839
I played in a game on d20 using some module for some campaign, cant really remember. The DM used it to the point of railroad. Combat is just as tedious as other d20 systems.

>You can play a robot powered by the souls of the dead, if you want
A specific option for a player race that couldn't be done with flavor shouldnt be a selling point.
>>
>>43768737
hot desu
>>
>>43768737
What is this? Dragon Age and WH Fantasy bastard child?
>>
File: Oh yes.jpg (20 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
Oh yes.jpg
20 KB, 284x285
>>43768737
Oh my...
That's my fetish
>>
>>43766839
>SotDL general, what's your impressions? What are you doing with the game?
Why would that be a selling point? Warforged encapsulate everything wrong with D&D since WotC took over. It's a shining example of what a piece of shit the game has become.
>>
I'll bite, how is it better balanced than 5e? Only answer if you can do so without an emotional appeal.
>>
I had a look at it after it was posted in the share thread. It looks pretty good in my opinion, I espeacially like the leveling/class system.
But I have no experience in the system to judge how it actually plays.
Short question is there a way to lose insanity points? I'd love to make asome kind of magic user that elongates his lifespan by switching bodies with younger people via the "Soul Exchange" spell of the Forbiden tradition.
>>
>>43768737
This kills my boner
>>
>>43766839

I played it and think it's fun. Just a little too simple.

>>43768737

Could you upload the separate rulebook?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.