[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in your experience, how do Cat People work out in your games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1443198351071.jpg (430 KB, 1004x670) Image search: [Google]
1443198351071.jpg
430 KB, 1004x670
So in your experience, how do Cat People work out in your games?
>>
>>43763641
>gloves with fingernails
ew
>>
>>43763641
In their own homes, mostly; felines, being the introverts they are, aren't very fond of the gym.
>>
>>43763641
I prefer them to be vaguely sociopathic and extremely smug, lazy and apathetic. Mostly occupying roles with less scruples, such as assassins or spies.
>>
File: Bastet.jpg (91 KB, 722x948) Image search: [Google]
Bastet.jpg
91 KB, 722x948
>>43763707
This, more or less. Fickle with their loyalties, but if they like you enough, then even if they roam around, they always come back. That said, they'll do what they can to avoid work if they can help it.
>>
So where does the catgirl cliche originate from in sci-fi/fantasy?
>>
>>43763641

I got to play one once; blind oracle in a PF game. It was rather fun, in part because racial bonuses gave them the best sensory rolls. Nothing like being on a pirate ship with the blind ship's cat being sent up to the crow's nest, or being the only one to regularly wield a ranged weapon.
>>
>>43763959
Oldest instance I'm aware of is the Star Trek Cartoon, wherein one of the crewmates is a catgirl alien.
>>
File: Suuhi_Nekomata.jpg (71 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
Suuhi_Nekomata.jpg
71 KB, 500x594
>>43763959
About a thousand years ago in hentai-land.
>>
>>43764145
Even longer ago in Egypt.
>>
>>43763641
Since no one's made the joke yet...
THEY BOTH RUN AND SCREW LIKE THE WIND
Okay, moving along now.

Attention whores to balance out the solitary bit. Being somewhat scheming bastards, they actually prefer the company of other races, which is why they have the whole air of "Hooker Pirate".
One of my favorite explanations was "A wizard tried to make murry purry sex slave assassins and it worked out much better than he expected" and then they just spread.
If they're actually a 'natural' race, then I like to beg/borrow/steal/copy anything halflings have related to luck and apply it to them.
>>
>>43764145
>>43764260
Meant modern
>>
Currently playing one, as it happens; Lieutenant R'wrrirrii of the starship Nocturnal.

I think it's going well since he's of a canon race and aside from one rather nice dodge (if I do say so myself) of a magic realm move from an NPC, no different from any other race really.
I only chose a Cait because the GM wouldn't let me be a Rommy, Cardie or Andorian.
>>
>>43763641
My guy likes licking his own balls before going to bed, he bats any glass container that is next to the edge of a drop and hisses at people he doesn't like.

It's the only way to do it.
>>
>>43763641
"Hey can I play a cat person"

"Umm nah, they wouldnt really work in the setting."

Am I missing out?
>>
>>43764829
Nah
>>
File: 1427074396273.jpg (6 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1427074396273.jpg
6 KB, 251x241
Cat people are my fetish, so I always never add them whenever I am GM
>>
File: 1425773082413.gif (500 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425773082413.gif
500 KB, 500x500
>>43763694
>>
>>43763641
>how do Cat People work out
Generally they hit the gym or a dojo of some kind.

There is one Nekomata we met, she went swiming with Kappa or playing spot with the local children to stay fit.
Also one of the monsters we know works for the enemy is some kind of Tiger monster. When she's in disguise she runs a chocolate shop we frequent. She doesn't work out and has gotten rather pudgy as a result.
After the monsters worked out our identities she begged us to allow her to continue keeping the shop open as she was just a sleeper agent. She's now our main contact to the rest of the monsters and their General.
>>
>>43765149
>playing spot
spoRt
>>
>>43764335
I always like the 'wizard doing crazy' shit. Kinda makes a common enemy for everyone in my setting.

>Bunch of elf houses warred with each other
>Casualties mounted too high.
>Elf wizards look around for animals, uplift them, and give them specific traits to fight proxy wars for the elf houses
>Millenia after the Elf race has fallen, uplifted races continue to survive across the land, either living alongside other races or generally making life hell for everyone
>Everyone fucking hates wizards.
>>
File: Mkwars3.jpg (58 KB, 297x475) Image search: [Google]
Mkwars3.jpg
58 KB, 297x475
>>43764107
>Star Trek cartoon: 1973
>Larry Niven books: 1966

Mediocre.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.