[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chivalry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1442514670018.jpg (81 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442514670018.jpg
81 KB, 768x1024
Do you like chivalrous characters /tg/.
>>
>>43743207
Sometimes i do sometimes i don't
>>
>>43743207
They're alright.
>>
>>43743207
It's the only way.
>>
>>43743207
Yea.
>>
>>43743207
I don't know, who am I playing?
>>
File: medieval_knight_by_lijinbo78.jpg (93 KB, 1297x1068) Image search: [Google]
medieval_knight_by_lijinbo78.jpg
93 KB, 1297x1068
Give me chivalry or give me death.
>>
>>43743207
No. I prefer characters with Honor.
>>
File: char_4469.jpg (25 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_4469.jpg
25 KB, 210x240
>>43743207
Of course, with a bit of honor thrown in as well
>>
>>43743207
They can be fun but my personal preference is characters who don't mind lying and manipulating.
>>
>>43743207
Of course. Raping the wives of defeated enemies is very enjoyable.
>>
File: knight.jpg (216 KB, 601x800) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
216 KB, 601x800
Of course I do. if they are done right.
>>
>>43743207
Most of my characters end up being some flavor of Paladin unless I specifically play a total bastard for a one-off. And my party consistently tries to belittle them, so it's always turning into the "doomed chivalrous knight" show.
>>
>>43743207
VERILY!

HONOR BEFORE ALL!

SUCH IS THE WAY OF A JUST AND WORSHIPFUL KNIGHT!
>>
I wanna play a game as a chivalrous knight. Good of the Good God, fight the good fight, all that.
However, literally all the settings the DM keeps making are about being sneaky fuckers and stealing shit, especially since MGS5 came out.
like, goddamn.
>>
File: too chivalrious.png (48 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
too chivalrious.png
48 KB, 333x286
>>43743207
>>
>>43744054
Chivalry does not mean to be a radiant pomp, it means to be humble in the execution of your duty and to be virtuous of intent.

To bring justice does not mean to exact vengeance, it means to take act to protect those who would fall prey to the wicked.

In such ways, what is more chivalrious? To assault a foe's force head-on on open fields, where thousands will let their lives and the wicked will take their moment to escape, or to infiltrate and claim the enemy's plans so that your men may strike at a decisive angle so the battle comes to an end before the ground is a bloody swamp, littered with bodies of good souls?

Chivalry is duty to lord, land and people first and foremost. Your personal renown, which you disguise as "honour", comes second.

This is not to say that you shall fear battle. If your duty requires you to stand shoulder by shoulder, shield by shield, with your comrades and wade through the bloody horrour of battle, then you shall take up arms and slay those that need to die for the good of all.

Never compromise in the virtue of clarity, because righteousness will come in covoluted threads and must be exercised with care.
>>
>>43745258
This.

And carry around bags of holding so you can kidnap enemies to bolster your own forces. They'll be much happier with you anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.