[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Death: Monster Lantern Year 28 - The Monster Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 2vv6p7p.jpg (40 KB, 595x765) Image search: [Google]
2vv6p7p.jpg
40 KB, 595x765
>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Read the description here:
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/kingdom-death-monster-preorder-special

>Tabletop Simulator Mod
http://kdmtts.tumblr.com/post/131199311266/kingdom-death-tts-mod
>Rules question thread on BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1441104/faqs-poots-crew/page/1

>Mobile-friendly Survivor Sheet App
http://ivoilic.com/projects/character%20sheet/index.html

>Google Drive Settlement and Survivor Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lPgAUgDyv5XaqOU9IdHgKqUA3GW8HzaRbRvkQAve90/edit?usp=sharing

>Latest rulebook scan
https://mega.nz/#!rZF2GISD!Ki5wDn7SWE_1IOxrd7B5HOXItJHFFlGmQ4nhV36Rods

Is anyone doing apps or something? I really want to but am so dusty on my skills so it would take a long time to catch up and install everything, there was a settlement manager made on Python but was lacking on some stuff and could be improved...
>>
>>43739633
>Titty Minis the Game (due 2028 AD)
>>
To thise of you with a jackolantern gear card, where do you store it in your case? It doesn't seem to have a gear type.
>>
>>43739889
The game is out.
>>
>>43739889
Then what the fuck is this huge box in my room then?

Oooooh. I get it. Shitposter. Here's your (You) ;)

>>43739633
Has what's his face done an artbook for Kingdom Death? Gotta love pic like that. Shame I'll never play the game until I'm better....
>>
When do we think the various monster/knight expansions will be available to us non-KS plebs?

Please, Poots, I need them so badly.
>>
>>43741768
You may be able to pre-order them on Black Friday, as Poots usually does something big then.

As for purchasing them retail, they won't ship to backers until early next year, a few months after that completes perhaps?
>>
>game still hasn't arrived
I'm starting to fear the worst
>>
>>43739896
If a promo requires a certain crafting station. sort it with that station. If it's an event item like the belt, it's a rare item. Otherwise, make an educated decision based on its required materials.
>>
>>43741823
Does the stock go up at 12am on black friday, or sometime later?
>>
>>43743953
For Halloween, I think it went up either at 11:30pm on 10/31, or 12am 11/01. So 12am EST on Black Friday is probably a good time to check in, though maybe get on the site an hour earlier, to see if something comes early.

Whatever you do, don't sleep until morning, and don't wait for the email notice to be sent out. If you do that you'll be left with nothing but scraps, broken dreams, and unsold Apotheosis models.
>>
>>43743749
It's getting really frustrating waiting while people who ordered way after me are getting it in. Could be ages before I actually get to play it at the rate things are going, the campaign I'm in is ending soon and there's only so much time before we start the next one that the board game cooldown period ends.
>>
>>
>>43739633
Is that some Speaker I haven't heard of yet?
>>
>>43747432
White speaker pinup
http://gallery.kingdomdeath.com/Pinup-White-Speaker
>>
>>43747546
Was referring to OP's image, but thanks anyways.
>>
File: 1446003224940.png (16 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1446003224940.png
16 KB, 691x597
>>43747283
I need it.
>>
>still a week before next KDM session
>main guy got eyes scarred by Boner Witch right as we were finishing for the night
Should I just gear him up tanky and punch stuff since I'll be hitting on 10s pretty much regardless of weapon.
>>
So pumped, we just killed the kingsman, one savior of each color and my guy (Scat Man, because I ate poo one time). Blue Savior went down to his trap card once it popped late(7 damage!), green savior tanked like an absolute boss, and red savior put out some absurd damage with the counterweight axe after he rolled a lantern on the first Overwhelm event.

Red savior put in the last hit, but he'll poof before he turns. Green savior broke his back and got disembowled, and I walked away scott free!
>>
>>43749671
Someone needs to tank, give the nigga a shield and rawhide whip and hope for Timeless Eye.
>>
>>43749671

Just remember that a good tank doesn't work alone. If you're going for a Tank, you'll need a Striker, Controller and Support.

A good KDM Tank also needs to raise their evasion. The problem is, with a big chunk of stat advancement being random, the really useful stats like Evasion and Luck tend to be a rarer roll than stuff like fitting styles.

But definitely invest in Monster Grease, and try to stick in the Tall Grass if you can. Getting +3 to +4 on your Evasion can really cripple monsters if they are targeting you specifically.
>>
>>43749776
>>43749671

Eh, I'd give the whip a miss. Getting Mastery in Shield is a lot more useful for a tank than Whip.

What level is your main survivor anon? If it's still early days, I'd recommend getting all rawhide armor, a lionskin coat and a shitload of monster grease.

You'd get 3 armor to all locations, -1 Damage against any hits and +1 Evasion per grease. Good starting combo while you rely on others pound-slamming monsters. I've had a fair bit of success with that combo.
>>
What do you monsters prefer for your Principle combos?
>>
>>43750284
Multiple instances of Monster Grease don't stack.
>>
>>43750405

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't own the game, our GM runs it. I'll bring it up with him that we've been missing that rule.
>>
File: web-wet-nurse-photo_900[1].jpg (81 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
web-wet-nurse-photo_900[1].jpg
81 KB, 900x600
Holy fuck, I'd never seen the minis before.

This is straight up /d/-tier material
>>
>>43750518

>>Welcome to Kingdom Death, where nothing is scarier than Tits and Hands.
>>
If my group fights the King's Man during the Armored Strangers event, do we have to fight a level 2 King's Man at the upcoming Nemesis Event?

If so, any nemesis event with King's Man is going to be "lose 4 population".
>>
>>43750575

Yeah. You always go up from the last encounter with Nemesis enemies.
>>
>>43750575
>
Not if you get king's step and actually try
>>
>>43750575

Good tactics always wins out, Anon. It won't be fun, but it's doable.
>>
Alright Monsters, I'm trying to get a Saviour with Ageless, Immortal and have him beat the Golden Eyed King of a 1000 Faces.

What's the best way to get this done?
>>
>>43750518
Technically, there won't be rules for that model.

The most /d/-tier things that known to eventually have rules are probably the sunstalker (dick on a tentacle), and the lion god (it is going to get rules, right?)

You hope that you draw the right events, and hope that you roll far better than my group does.
>>
>>43751868
>You hope that you draw the right events, and hope that you roll far better than my group does.
Meant to resond to
>>43750803
for that.
>>
>>43751868
So the game is RNG the boardgame?
>>
>>43751868
Lion God is one of the expansions that was funded by the Kickstarter, so yes, it is getting rules.
>>
If your strength means you need to roll a lantern to wound, but you have enough luck to crit on a 9, will rolling a 9 mean a crit or no wound at all?
>>
>>43752556

It will still wound. A critical wound always wounds, regardless of Strength/Toughness.

>>43751903

A fair bit. It's a bit of a RPG in a Box, without a GM. Consequently, a shitload of RNG applies when not in combat.

>>43751868

How hard would it be to MAKE rules for it?
>>
>>43752975
It would take a fair bit of creative writing I imagine. The AI deck will be the hardest part to get thematically right, as well as functional. Let alone anywhere close to balanced within the context of the games' battles.
>>
>>43752975

Easiest way to make rules for it? Find a monster that operates similarly and just use those decks with some flavor changes.

Hard way? A fair bit of playtesting.
>>
File: base game.png (1 MB, 791x2056) Image search: [Google]
base game.png
1 MB, 791x2056
>>43750518
That's a mini from the store, and in fact the flagship 'look everyone, we make weird stuff' mini.
It sold out very quickly and hasn't been able to stay on the shelves since.

These are the minis in the actual game.
>>
>>43750284
I don't believe you can stack multiple chest items either ( I E rawhide tunics +1 evasion jazz and White Lion Coat.)

Also, the whip is so that you get the priority target token, you're still gonna try and get that one hit off with a shield though.
>>
>>43750575
Getting King Step and a red savior with a dagger is amazing vs the Kingsman.>>43750803
>>
>>43750284
>>43750405
>>43750455
>>43753943
>Page 45
>Duplicate Gear
>Except for weapons, a survivor may not have multiple copies of the same gear in the gear grid. A survuvor gains the benifits of a weapon's specual rules only once, no matter how many copies they have. Additional copies of weapons still contribute affinities.
>>
It just took me five hours to assemble the Phoenix. Those tiny fucking hands are a goddamn nightmare man, and I'm not 100% I got them all right but at this point I'm out of fucks to give.
>>
What's the word of Wave 3?

I really want my dragon.
>>
>>43757110
I hate to tell you this after you finished it, but I think vibrant lantern had instructional pictures for where each hand is supposed to go.
>>
>>43757171
You're a goddamn monster anon. I've been assembling all of these blind, and now you tell me this?

Side note, the Phoenix's reverse goatse is hilarious.
>>
>>43757389
If it makes you feel a bit better, I was in your situation. Spent a few hours cutting one hand at at a time and checking the dry fit for each one before moving on.

Looks good, so I'm only a little miffed.
>>
Anyone have actual minis from the game?
I wish to see titty monsters in model form.
>>
>>43757954
Please clarify. Do you want the female survivors or actual monsters with breasts? Because if you're looking for stuff like the wet nurse you are shit out of luck.
>>
>>43757954
Titty monsters aren't featured in the game, I can show you my survivors, or everything but the Watcher though.

>>43757763
Hah,at least the suffering is shard. Have you figured out how to put together the armored females hair?
>>
File: Lantern-Armour-21.jpg (36 KB, 578x405) Image search: [Google]
Lantern-Armour-21.jpg
36 KB, 578x405
>>43758055
>Have you figured out how to put together the armored females hair?

If you mean the lantern armor in pic related, I haven't tried yet.

If you meant the UNarmored female hair sets, those aren't too bad, just a lot of fucking parts for that one that goes everywhere.
>>
File: UK28 Head Assembly Mk2.jpg (1 MB, 2868x1280) Image search: [Google]
UK28 Head Assembly Mk2.jpg
1 MB, 2868x1280
>>43758055
if you meant the wild unarmored headpiece. The attached image might help. I made it for the KS comments, when others were asking for assistance with that particular piece.
>>
>>43753943

Multiple armours don't stack, that is correct.
>>
The second my Ageless dude developed Anxiety was the second my campaign got ridiculous. Anxiety is THE best thing a tank could have after gear and evasion.
>>
A 1 always misses and always fails to wound, does it? I got some insane modifiers... I can't find anything on the rulebook saying this is the case.
>>
>>43753943
You guys are missing the fact that the coat can be worn over.... Oh wait. That's the lion headdress.
>>
>>43759195
I think that 1 always misses to hit, but not to wound..?
>>
I'm enjoying the game, but finding that single-player can make book keeping a headache. Fought the Butcher and some unlucky dice rolls made the fight drag on an extra 5 or 6 rounds with most of his attacks being intimidate. Along with the screaming mood. Since I was the only player, my characters were gaining Insanity as fast as he was doing Mind damage, but proccing over, and over, and over on Frenzy made it so hard to keep track of.

Each round devolved into "Everyone gets knocked flat. Esme did not get knocked flat, but she managed to whiff all four of her bow attacks. Butcher screams and glowers, does zero damage. Every one stand up, get close, whiff your attacks, Trap card, knock everyone back, repeat."

By the end I had 4 frenzy procs on my Zanbato and knife wielder each. At which point I said "Fuck it" and threw a rock to kill him. Did not get the cleaver, sadly, but got 5 busted lanterns.
>>
>>43759287
1's suck and always fail. Too bad. Doesn't matter to hit or wound.
>>
>>43759195
>>43759287
10s always succeed, and 1s always fail. Page 39.
>>
>>43759353
I could imagine the single-player record keeping is cumbersome.

On the flip-side, for multiplayer we had a player not able to make a session, and we had no clue what was going on with his character because his record keeping was so inconsistent, gear and temporary stats added into the attributes with no indication.

Friendly reminder to document why you have permanent stat increases, even something simple like "age roll - +1 STR"
>>
>>43758486
Retarded engineering seems to be a common thing with Kingdom death models.
I'm absolutely certain there was a better way to split these parts up than that.
>>
>>43760525
Are you retarded?

They were split specifically to minimize the effect of mold lines on the most visible parts of the miniature.

Form over function with aesthetics.
>>
>>43758486
I like the faces, will definitely be useful for making battle sisters qt.
>>
My group restarted the campaign, I took the first action and threw my stone to get the +1 strength vs the lion. We were doing okay until the last two cards in the AI deck, Enraged and Chomp in that order (+1 dmg for the lion, plus chomp only hits the head). 2 dmg attacks against the head suck. I am never taking a survivor without head armor ever again...
>>
File: Kingdom Death 271.jpg (206 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Death 271.jpg
206 KB, 900x600
>>43761040
They're a bit bigger than 40k models, so that might not work out.
>>
>>43761651
Given how out of proportion heads are in 40k models, it could work
>>
>>43758486
The gods sent you. Can you do it with more female survivor heads?
>>
Butcher wrecked us. Damn double hack.
>>
To clarify, the -1 toughness on the beast knuckes is NOT cumulative with each wound caused in a given round, right?

So if three attacks hit an enemy, and the first hit wounds, it gets -1 to toughness until the attack ends. If second hit wounds, the enemy doesn't get a second -1 toughness token, right?

I was quite certain effects from the same source don't stack unless specifically mentioned, but some friends want a second opinion.
>>
Why the fuck is the Kings Man able to dish out 9 damage per survivor to multiple survivors twice every turn. with giant cleaving range.

This is some extreme difficulty ramping.
>>
>>43766721
They're cumulative, the same way perfect dagger hits are cumulative.
>>43767113
Dried acanthus and scrap daggers are your friends. Half his hit locations give bonuses to daggers, along with backstabbing. It's also the best way to mill off battle pressure for the rest of the team.
>>
>>43759353

You don't gain Insanity for choosing your own character when you play single player.
>>
>>43739633
>https://mega.nz/#!rZF2GISD!Ki5wDn7SWE_1IOxrd7B5HOXItJHFFlGmQ4nhV36Rods
Keep getting an error when I try to download. Reup?
>>
>>43750518
There's also a Phoenix with human arms coming out of its prolapsed rectum ...
>>
>>43764439
Not sure if I have time to do that any time soon I'm afraid. This was probably the most complex head on the sprue, but I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>43739633
What is that image? Never seen it before.
>>
>>43744325
>and unsold Apotheosis models
Ooooh right where it hurts
>>
>>43758486
Holy shit, fuck that noise.
>>
Reup please!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>43768728
>>
>>43768511
Same here, no matter what I do it gives me an error.
>>
>>43739633
>>43769262
Anyone? Please?
>>
>>43770311
It is a pinup white speaker leader of some kind I think.
http://polycount.com/discussion/79362/kingdom-death-white-speaker-boss
Art is by Lokham Lam (who does a lot of KD artwork), but I don't think there's a model of her.
>>
>>43770311
>>43770388

Yeah, already told you >>43747546
>>
>>43770388
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/36657/1241321-anon_delivers.jpg
>>
>>43770388
>2010

How have we not seen a miniature of this yet?
>>
Dilema.

I've played my first few lantern years over the weekend, and I'm annoyed.

I'm annoyed that I've spent hundreds of dollars for all this amazing plastic, but cannot use hardly any of it, because the weps/armor cannot be swapped.

Has anyone come up with a method other than magnets? Magnetizing seems like absolute torture, and you get weird action figure results.

I realise these models are a million times more complex than games like Space Crusade which enabled you to show the actual weapon you're using with each marine, but that feature was really awesome.

So I'm now going to be playing through most of the game using about 5% of what I played for.

Even a method to switch weapons would be great.

Anyone tried blue-tac?
>>
>>43776256
5% of what I paid for*
>>
>>43776256
blu-tac would look like shit.

You could try pinning. Another option would be to recast arms so that you have enough for all the weapons.

But really, a huge thing to consider is just how much equipment your characters can carry. Some characters really do carry like four different weapon gears, for example.
>>
>>43776256
General vote is to either immortilize beloved characters that died a warrior's death, to make 2 of each armor and leave extra bits for mix and match, or just make all the armor kits as is with each kit being only made of the specific kit's parts like in the promo pics.
>>
>>43776470
If you switch weapons you lose all your proficiency
>>
>>43779842
No, if you switch your weapon proficiency, you restart from zero.

You're expected to carry multiple weapons.
>>
>>43776256
I still dont get why people would want to magnetize all of those parts. It just doesnt seem worth the effort because the miniatures dont need to represent your gear.

>>43777927
That is something I do for my campaign. If there is an epic moment, death, etc etc from a beloved character, that player gets a figure.
>>
>>43781038
They don't need to, but by that logic why not just play with square cubes to represent your survivors
>>
>>43777927
>>43781038
The idea about making a mini of particular characters really doesn't appeal to me at all, I'm surprised so many people want to do that
>>
>>43781790
gear and characters change so frequently it doesn't seem worth the effort. maybe to immortalize favorite characters, but I made a dual katar lion survivor to represent our strongest survivor and the next encounter he got a fighting art that made him switch weapons.
>>
>>43781657
I wouldve accepted silhouette cutouts of the survivors or even tokens... but sure cubes work too(if the rest of the game had that simple geometric style, it would work very well). I'm just saying it seems like a hassle magnetizing everything.

>>43781790
What >>43781894 says. My group change gears around a lot. I get everyone started with the 4 starter survivors until they reach age 3 or whatever. Then we use whatever miniatures I have available (messengers, TK, pinups, resin models, etc etc). Immortalizing a single awesome character just seemed natural (also like making doodles of my favorite survivors).
>>
>>43781790

It's about all the miniatures are good for. Magnetising is good in theory, but in practice you get dumb positioning and you lose the pieces like nobodies business. You could make cookie-cutter minis that stick to their sprue type, but it's bland and tasteless. Make minis that are distinct from each other, so players can differentiate them on the field.
>>
Is there any point to not sending naked babies to do nemesis fights since there are almost no rewards for beating them?
>>
>>43786657
Well, there are, the butcher gives out scraps, the mask and the cleaver, you get the king's step from the king's man and ... fuck the hand actually.

Besides each time you encounter them, win or lose, next time you get to fight them at a harder level so... best try your hardest since the beginning.

Also later on you'll maybe find yourself using an innovation to spawn extra nemesis fights, I know I did
>>
>>43786686
Yeah, you generally want to try beating then the first time while they're not beefcaked up, if you can get Kings Step on a decent guy, you can slap the shit out of them in following fights.
>>
>>43769268
I bought one. The "x out of x" wasn't very high. Shame, because Apotheosis female is super hot.
>>
>>43787186

What does Kings Step grant you?
>>
>>43752975
>It will still wound. A critical wound always wounds, regardless of Strength/Toughness.
My main DPS already crits on 8, are there any ways to raise luck aside from T&F and hoping you roll for it?
>>
>>43759541
>10s always succeed,
This seems very generous of the game.
>>
>>43776256
I have just built one of each armor set, male and female. And left the hands and the heads off. Then I blue-tac the heads and things like the shield or pick axe. All the rest of the weapons I used a pin the size of a staple. We rarely mix and match armor, but change weapons a lot.
>>
>>43787388
You can immediately swap out Battle Pressure for the the next hit location cards on the deck, and on top of that, swap one hit location card for another.

It also comes in handy during certain reactions or fight events related to the King's Man and The Hand.
>>
>>43787464
F&T has Deadly, which gives a bonus luck when attacking with it. An important distinction to remember.

There are a number of events that give chance to increase a character's permanent luck. The Lucky Charm gives luck if you achieve two blue affinities.

There isn't a lot to particularly boost the power of F&T users outside raw stats. You can't even use Blood Paint.
>>
>>43751868
>>43751970
What's so questionable about Lion God?
>>
>>43789795
Settlement event, dark dentist helps fist and tooth. You can die but can also get a metal jaw if you have ore which gives it sharp (1d10 extra strength per attack).

Still not great but a good way to make your masters relevant in late game.
>>
File: img_1253__sized.jpg (1009 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
img_1253__sized.jpg
1009 KB, 1200x1200
>>43787516
It's to prevent added tokens or penalties from making a fight outright impossible. The game has plenty of other ways to fuck you up.

>>43789883
It's face is emerging from a giant vulva, being held open by hands, with a massive cock tentacle - terminating in an elongated glans - running off of its chin. The tail is also a dick held into its flank by hands coming out of its anus.
>>
>>43780213
Question, if my Spearmaster gets tossed the Twilight Sword on this next event, I'm basically fucked the next time the night rolls up unless I want to lose the benefits of Spear Mastery, right?
>>
>>43789795
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can you blood paint to activate two paired weapons separately?
>>
>>43790435
Being forced to carry the TS in your gear grid doesn't mean you have to USE it.
Also, you still get the Spear-specialization-for-everyone perk...
>>
>>43790435
Gaining the Twilight Sword means that you always have to carry it and have the option to change your weapon proficiency to it. (Though you restart at 0 points in it if you do)

That survivor is also forced to become involved with the Hooded Knight event's Duels, which has a roll that's modified by TS WP.

>>43790453
The answer is actually Yes, But.

You can activate two paired weapons with Blood Paint, but you only gain the benefits of Paired once. Your first Katar attacks as paired, adding the speed of the second to it, and your second Katar attacks without the additional speed, since you've already benefited from Paired.

In a sense*, it's like you're attacking with your weapons three times instead of four times.
*On a fluff stand-point.
>>
>>43791840
>You can activate two paired weapons with Blood Paint, but you only gain the benefits of Paired once. Your first Katar attacks as paired, adding the speed of the second to it, and your second Katar attacks without the additional speed, since you've already benefited from Paired.
>In a sense*, it's like you're attacking with your weapons three times instead of four times.

Does this work the same way if using a paired weapon, and I surge? Or doe I get to benefit from paired again since it is a new, second action?
>>
>>43791926
Surging to launch another would be a new action. You would be able to do your paired bloody combo again.

Do note however that you'll be burning through the HL deck, which is not always a good thing.
>>
>>43791926
I think the previous anon assumed you'd be using Surge, unless you mean you are using two pairs of paired weapons
>>
>>43792070
Yeah, our group has two paired fighters, and they are quite surge happy. Yet every time they race right to the trap HL card, they grieve their misfortune.
>>
Who else hype for Black Friday?
>>
>>43796794
*raises hand enthusiastically*
>>
>>43791840
>but you only gain the benefits of Paired once

Cool. Where can I find the rules for that? I mean, the only-benefits-once bit.
>>
>>43797155
you can only get the benefits of a specific weapons special rules once
>>
>>43797294

So, if you took 4 paired weapons, set them between blood paint - would that allow for two sets of paired attacks?
>>
>>43797457

As far as I can see, yes.

Here's a question - Ambidextrous gives you the Paired ability to all weapons. Does this apply to Fist and Tooth?
>>
>>43796794
>KDM
>Car insurance
>Picking one
>>
File: 1447852276271.gif (776 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
1447852276271.gif
776 KB, 500x273
>>43797618
>Not insuring your KDM.
>>
>>43758486
Wow that's just like hot glue animu figures except at a retardedly small scale for you to put them together. I can feel the hand cramps coming already.
>>
I'll be honest, I only come to these threads for the cheesecake, and you guys have not been posting a lot of cheesecake
>>
File: $_1.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>43798114
Do yourself a favour and get tweezers and/or this thing. Having an extra hand is a godsend for fiddly bits.
>>
>>43790347
jesus tit
that certainly answers my question
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>43798262

You are sorely stretching our hospitality.
>>
>>43797457
>>43797539

If your left paired weapons are different from your right paired weapons, such as 2X lion katar, bloodpaint, 2x beast knuckle, then you indeed get to benefit for Paired on each set, granting you a Speed 4 Lion Katar attack and a Speed 4 Beast Knuckle attack.

However, this is a lot of gear grid dedicated to a bunch of weak attacks. You leave yourself unable to be completely armored. Those 8 or so HL cards an act are bound to get someone killed via reactions/traps.

>>43797539
"All melee weapons in your gear grid gain Paired."

You can't use Fist and Tooth with Ambidextrous for the same reason you can't use it with Blood Paint; it's not in your gear grid.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 950x633
>>43798262
You heard him boys.
>>
>>43798428

So, time to optimise.

You'd need Ambidextrous - that lets you use stronger weapons.

What would be the best weapons and gear to make your character dead killy? Isn't there a weapon spec. that lets you deal an automatic wound on a perfect hit without revealing a hit location?
>>
>>43798563

If you can, get the Immortal disorder and start amping their insanity. That'll take care of the no-armor problem.
>>
>>43798563
Counterweight axe auto wounds on perfect hit, slap it with Timeless Eye(increases perfect hit range), Legendary Lungs(roll hits until everything misses), and Combo Master (perfect hit gives another roll to hit) for maximum sillyness.

Theoretically, you could one shot anything in the game with that.
>>
>>43798319
Welcome to Kingdom Slaanesh. We hope you enjoy your dicktithands.
>>
>Frogdog $350 - $450 on ebay

Which one of you retards is actually buying the worst monster miniature in the game for that much?
>>
>>43800225
I didn't even know of that model til now.

Wow, it's pretty boring looking. Like, good sculpt for what is it, but I've seen more interesting Squigs.
>>
>>43798969

Here's a question: I know it sounds stupid, but does Ambidextrous allow you to pair two handed weapons? Because I'm not reading anything anywhere that would suggest otherwise.
>>
File: Ambidextrous.jpg (47 KB, 639x1003) Image search: [Google]
Ambidextrous.jpg
47 KB, 639x1003
>>43802063
Try reading the card again.
>>
>>43802255

Ah, cheers. I don't have the game, just been reading through the rulebook online and trying to put two and two together.
>>
>>43797539
Dry rules answer: It gets the Paired ability, but you can never use it. You can never have a second Fist & Tooth in your gear grid (in fact, even the first one isn't in your grid).
>>
>>43802255
>>43803511
Oh derp, it says every weapon in your gear grid, so F&T wouldn't even get it to begin with.

But still, even if you *had* a way to give F&T paired, it wouldn't work, due to what I said.
>>
>>43802255
So we pair this with monkey grip then, problem solved.
>>
Any tips for a monster going up against the Butcher for the first time?
>>
>>43803915
Throw expendables at it unless you have great equipment.
>>
>>43803928

How hard a fight is he, really?
>>
>>43739633
Wasn't there a scan which also included all the cards?
>>
>>43804002
Level one butcher is a shitfest, because the chance of no reward is really high. However, if you manage to get Hack City in his AI deck it's worth it. Bring bandages and ranged/reach weapons if you plan to live.

Just a confirmation, "After Hit" effects trigger after the attack once, not after every successful attack hit, right?
>>
>>43804002
As was mentioned, little reward, no critical wound effects, and a lot of impervious hit locations. He can also heap damage on you, and deaths let him ramp up really quickly.
>>
File: 44_43a.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
44_43a.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1080
what do female gamers think of the game anyways?

not trying to start up a sjw war or anything, just wondering
>>
>>43739633
Okay you've sold me, I want to buy some of the minis. Where and how do I do this? The website only has one.
>>
>>43806956
Constant reports of women enjoying the game to the point of sometimes overwhelming for the game-owner.

Chick dig the Biggest Blackest Box, a game where everyone looks like a sculpted greek god or goddess.
>>
>>43806956
My wife loves the game. Every part of it. Her reply to SJWs? "They should build some resiliency and stop worrying about a game they don't even play."
>>
>>43804693
Bandages are nearly impossible to get that early.
Yeah, after damage is once.
>>
File: IMG_3030.jpg (225 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3030.jpg
225 KB, 1200x1600
>>43807231
Black Friday is always a big sales day for them.

That said, have funds ready (maybe $100-200, in case you see multiple things you want to get) because once it goes up things sell fast. Make an account now, so you can sign in and get to buying.

Be ready around 11pm EST on tge 27th, and keep an eye on the store. Things will probably go up around midnight EST on Black Friday. Do not sleep until you buy something, and dont wait for an email notification. If you do, you'll have missed just about everything.

Beyond that, hope that figures you like are put up this Friday. Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>43807231
>>43808165
Also an fyi that, unless specified, the individual minis don't have rules for being part of the game. Most of them are either display pieces, or early release collector's items for things that are eventually getting an official release as game expansions (such as dung beetle knight, dragon king, sunstalker, man hunter, spidicules, The King, and a few others).
>>
>>43806956
My wife is a pretty hardcore feminist. She loves the game though. The nudity isn't actually that bad, and is pretty equally shared among the men and the women. The revealing sets on women are just as revealing on men, and the covered up stuff on men are just as covered up on women. She dislikes the cleavage windows though.

But the game isn't actually that bad, content wise. It's adult, but not really insulting in the way it shows the nudity. And as much as people joke about it, there isn't any monster rape in it.
>>
>>43807834
What? Bandages just require a Skinnery and only cost one hide.

Losing 1 armor on a location from a rawhide armor is not a big deal for how life-saving one set of bandages can be during that first Butcher encounter.
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>43739633

>Has pubic hair
>Doesn't have areola

Really?
>>
>>43809478
changes from person to person, some have tiny nipple areas
>>
We just wrecked the Kingsman, the first Hand encounter is in a few years. We wipe the floor with level 1 antelope/White Lion, should we go to level two or even three or try for the Phoenix first? I want to make sure that we can survive The Hand or be able to resist him if we get a bad roll on Regal Visit.
>>
>>43809478
The jewelery might be just big enough to cover them.
Or it's actually not pubic hair.
>>
>>43809537
>>43809696

>Implying her nipples could be *that* tiny
>>
>>43809733
>implying a titstealer bug didn't eat them off in her sleep, leaving nothing behind but smooth skin
>>
>>43809733
Yes, they can be actually. It's also possible to have little or even no pigment in the areola and nipple.
>>
>>43809901
Based on the dickstealer bug event, I'd be willing to bet that there's an insect for every appendage/organ/bodopart.
>>
The OP says rulebook scans.. but it looks like card scans. Unless I'm missing something? If not, does anyone have a scan of the book?

A friend owns the game but has no interest in assembling the miniatures so I was going to learn the game and proxy it for him.
>>
>>43809673
The hand can be dealt with easily if you have a couple of cat's eye circlets, some dried acanthus and one founding stone.
You need to use the CEC to peek at his HL deck, cycling cards until you find gilded codpiece, once you do, toss the founding stone and auto crit him, back off the characters you want to keep and deal the final hit with a throw away character with good acc and good str.
>>
>>43808482
I thought bandages needed the Barber Surgeon. I'm fucking dumb.
>>
>>43810664
What's the trigger for the Barber Surgeon anyway? It's some sort of event, isn't it? I want my goddamn scavenger kit.
>>
>>43806956
I do love the weird monster designs.
I kinda wish that there were non cheesecake alternatives for some of the female models, but to each their own, I guess.
>>
>>43811911
What models do you think are too cheesecake-y?

The pinups aren't actually game content and all the female armor sets are functional.
>>
>>43812002
Visionary and 40year Saviour mostly, plus the spray painted on clothes/exposed buttcheeks and akward poses on a few more.
That being said, I do absolutely love Percival and the 80 year Saviour.
>>
So do you we know any of the release dates for the expansions?
>>
>>43812279
Those aren't game models, but I'm sure saying that at this point won't change your mind.
>>
>>43808165
I don't give a fuck about pinups or nongame material, any possibility of more game material coming out this Friday?
>>
>>43812672
Why should it matter whether they are in the base game models or not?
You asked I told you the one's that came to mind first.
As for the game minis, they are not as bad, but you still get boob windows on most of the females.
>>
>>43813007

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>43813007
>You asked
Not me, and the question was 'what do female gamers think of the game anyways?'

You don't have to like the pinups, but that isn't the game.
>>
>>43813185
I assumed that the minis came with rules to be used in the game. Sorry if I was wrong about that.
And the figures I mentioned aren't labelled as pinups.
>>
I like pinups as much as the next person. But I want to see more monsters
>>
File: Rawhide-Kit.jpg (92 KB, 538x424) Image search: [Google]
Rawhide-Kit.jpg
92 KB, 538x424
>>43813007
>As for the game minis, they are not as bad, but you still get boob windows on most of the females.
Not even most, just for two armor types (leather and maybe phoenix). The others are pretty covering.
>>
>>43813394
Have you looked at the White Lion set? Same goes for Rawhie; cleavage down to the belt.
The only set that got decent chest coverage is the Lantern set.

Look, I'm not saying that there should never be anything sexy in anything, but the fact that the game designers felt the need to push this into what is otherwise a pretty serious art style is a bit of a turnoff for me.
>>
>>43813272
The only stuff with rules comes with the game.

A couple of the pinups specifically the GenCon, Halloween, and one of the Christmas ones come with promo gear cards, but those aren't rules for the model.
>>
>>43813594

The game designers are a boutique miniature production team that have been making risque models for yonks. Not surprise it followed into the game.

The real surprise is that the game is fun to play.
>>
>>43813594

But honestly, if the minis bother you - sell them and keep the core game. You can probably make a profit on it, given how desperately people want those fucking sprues.
>>
>>43814513
As I understand it, the game was the original intent and priority. The miniature production was ramped up because the cost was too high even on their crowd funding and they needed a way to generate a steady income.
>>
Anyone have the wrath of kings TK? How is she next to KD minis?
>>
>>43815118
Looking at the pictures I see online, her proportions look much more heroic scale.

She'd probably look pretty weird next to KD minis.
>>
File: img54a379a792629.jpg (474 KB, 530x1580) Image search: [Google]
img54a379a792629.jpg
474 KB, 530x1580
>>43816464
The Hell Dorado and Myth TKs look heroic scale, but the WoK crossover looks a lot closer to KD models. But I cant find any comparison shots anywhere.
>>
Just got my witchies! IMO these are some of the best sculpted models in the KD line, and that's saying something.

>>43815118
I have her, I'll check it out when I'm back home
>>
>>43810254
Same here, the link doesn't provide the rulebook. Only cards
>>
>>43810254
>>43819759
There you go
https://mega.nz/#!7QUkQC6J!yO93ZUmm0kRynNh6f00EZd9UVcQkZecWTzJIQx5cTk4

Should really be added to the copypasta
>>
>>43819702
NVM found this image:
http://delphi.atmos.colostate.edu/miniatures/kingdomDeath/kingdomDeath.php
Top image, left to right:
KD 54mm resin
Holiday (XMas)
PVC
Hard plastic (pinups of death)
Resin (original)
Hell Dorado
Myth
WoK
Halloween (original run)

Seems like the WoK one is still kinda small-ish compared to KD models...
>>
>>43820300
Yeah, she looks way too short. Ah well, saves me money. Thanks!

.....also jesus christ are those yours?
>>
>>43820300
I rarely see well painted KD miniatures
>>
>>43808165
>"Ladies and gentlemen, I present Smougstien!"
>oc do not steal
>>
>>43820400
The similiarities are actually far too small to call it a rip off. Stylistically inspired at best. Unless you consider golden armor a trademark.
>>
>>43820522
It's the color. I saw this unpainted and thought nothing of it but when I saw that pick I was all "yeah, that's definitely Ornstein and Smough."
>>
>>43820341
>https://mega.nz/#!rZF2GISD!Ki5wDn7SWE_1IOxrd7B5HOXItJHFFlGmQ4nhV36Rods
Nope not mine.
I have all the same but none painted.

I just remembered seeing someone posting that somewhere a while back, so I searched Google for it.
>>
>>43821138
>link getting posted outta nowhere
WAT
>>
Anyone here backed the original KS and is actually waiting for Black Friday for something other than retail KDM / pre-order expansion?

What are we hoping for?
I'm guessing we won't get any of that shiny new major expansion content (Ringtail Fox / Nightmare Ram) - maybe some minors? A Promo or two? Just some nice resins?
>>
>>43821138
Ah I see. Well, thanks again!
>>
>>43821155
You probably had it highlighted by accident.

>>43822001
He's not going to put game content on the store. Nothing besides another prerelease wave, at least.
We're probably going to get a couple new sculpts and some encores.
>>
If two guys get the card rival, then we happen to use our endeavors and they deal with it peacefully and get partner stays and partnership, is that possible for two guys to have partner status with each other?
>>
>>43825099
I might need a chart for this because this post's question is a bit of a mess.
>>
>>43825099
In short, yes. They get the partner benefits but can't have kids with anyone because GAYYYY.
>>
>>43828572
>>43825099

Pro-tip: Keep a healthy balance of male/female survivors. I've had Settlements fail because we'd lost all our women.
>>
File: KRONAR.png (42 KB, 130x190) Image search: [Google]
KRONAR.png
42 KB, 130x190
>>43831128
>tfw can't have a KRONAR, SON OF MAN settlement
>>
File: 15mlnax.jpg (8 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
15mlnax.jpg
8 KB, 352x352
>>43831397
>tfw The Butcher will never ask you to show him your honour.

>No, your other honour.
>>
>>43831524
>BLOOD AND THUNDER
>VICTORY AT WHEREVER THE HELL YOU GET WATER FROM IN THIS PLACE
>>
>>43832622
Probably from some enormous, malformed dicks with arms sprouting from them like branches that pisses water into a river.
>>
>>43831397
It's called the Seven Swordsmen, dude.

Niggas gotta read the rulebook.
>>
>>43833517
except they can't breed
>>
>>43832696
>thisismyfetish.png
>>
>>43744325
>>43769268

So why did Apotheosis not sell well? I liked them, especially since I'll most likely never get my hands on a Chosen, and I have to fulfill my beefcake quota.
>>
we know so little about the setting and that makes me sad

yeah I know its intentional, but I still have QUESTIONS

namely: is the whole world a pitch black death pit or if someone were to walk in one direction long enough would someone reach an edge and meet people who are all "WOW SOMEONE MADE IT OUT OF THAT SHITSHOW"?
>>
>>43835489
Rule of Death holds former.
>>
>>43835326
People probably don't like (literally) strong women?
>>
>>43835979
what did the models look like
>>
>>43835489

I actually prefer it that way, on one condition - that more of the setting comes up with the expansions and through game play.

I want to learn what the world is like by existing in it via the game, rather than just reading about it and having it forced on me.
>>
>>43831397
>>43831524
>>43832622
This made me lol so hard.
Well played, anons.
>>
>>43835489
It's kind of like Dark Souls in that the plot and setting are vague and primarily described through item descriptions and bits of lore dropped around from different sources.
>>
>>43835326
>>43835979
Personally, I didn't mind the beef-and-cheese-cake of the female, but the design of both models just turned me off. That silly hat, and those exaggerated expressions just didn't catch me.
>>
>>43835489
There are locations except the "Place of Carved Stone Faces". The knights, the man hunters, The King(s) and The Scribe all come from "The Holy Land", and there are references to human settlements (i.e. not just survivors huddling at lantern hoards), the Twilight Knights' Citadel, etc.

Also future expansion talk by Adam referred to lakes, and underground caverns.

Whether these places are all in the sea of stone faces, or somewhere else entirely, that's a big question.

HOWEVER, I'd assume, since humans, or the survivors at least, are created by The Scribe to feed, serve or amuse the monsters, that even if the PoCSF has an end, survivors can't just walk out, and are probably cursed to stay stuck there forever or until they can somehow break The Scribe's hold on them. Lantern Festival expansion should tell us a whole lot more about the world.
>>
>>43836123
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/apotheosis-female
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/apotheosis-male
>>
>>43836559
thanks anon.
>>
File: 1447852276271.jpg (47 KB, 498x272) Image search: [Google]
1447852276271.jpg
47 KB, 498x272
>>43836549
>>
>>43836549
also reaching max understanding gives you some clues
>>
Why does no one have the full picture of Illuminated Lady in full? It's literally my favorite piece form the artwork of KD and it's always gimped in some way.
>>
File: Illuminated Lady art card.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Illuminated Lady art card.jpg
188 KB, 1200x1600
>>43837126
Yeah, that's a hard one to find. I believe Lokmanlam pulled it from his DA gallery and I regret not saving it. I don't think that mini even has a shop slot anymore, even in the Sold Out section.
>>
File: hector-moran-anna.jpg (155 KB, 1800x609) Image search: [Google]
hector-moran-anna.jpg
155 KB, 1800x609
Found this while googling KD art.
>>
File: hector-moran-annascat.jpg (261 KB, 1700x1242) Image search: [Google]
hector-moran-annascat.jpg
261 KB, 1700x1242
>>
>>
>>43837126
>>43837331
Its because "nipple".
>>
>>43837331

That's a lovely piece.

I'm genuinely impressed by the level of KDM's artwork. It's all beautiful.
>>
>>43835326
I actually don't find them too well designed or sculpted.

The only novelty factor were literally the abs on a woman. Everything else like the boring costume and the static pose just felt like an afterthought.
>>
>>43835326
Boring design, coupled with a dull pose.
If you're going to do a /fit/ model. Use one of the millions of bodybuilder poses available.
>>
Rawhide and lantern armor sprues currently up in store. $25 BF special price (normally a stomach-turning $50).
>>
>>43840059
My bad, rawhide and leather, not lantern.
>>
>>43840059

yeah but they were quickly taken down. Aren't those already included in the core game?
>>
>>43840079
I am retarded. Leather and lantern kits are what are up on the store at this time.

Sorry for the confusion, I quite literally just woke up and am typing this on my phone, sitting in my bed.
>>
>>43840185
Yes, although there are a lot of players that seem to want more armor kits. Lets them make more custom characters, since magnetizing is such a bitch.

Still, I can't say I'm shocked about the standard price being $50, with them bei g a small company, but that means ebay resellers have unwittingly undersold thier unwanted kits. Even with the weapons each kit comes with, that's still pretty steep for four plastic minis.
>>
So the KS page seems to have the following expansions as eventual releases.

>Lantern Festival (King & Scribe)
>Dragon King
>Sunstalker
>Lion God
>Dung Beetle Knight
>Flower Knight
>Man Hunter
>Lion Knight, 2nd
>The Gorm
>Ringtail Fox Survivors
>Spidicules
>Slenderman
>Lonely Tree

What are you all hoping to see from the above in the store this Black Friday, even if it's just a preorder opportunity? How far do you think the actual price will exceed the initially projected MSRP (i.e. $35 for the entire dung beetle knight expansion, $70 for the Lantern Festival, etc.)?

Either way, I make less than I'd like to be able to afford all of these as they come out.
>>
>>43841442
That thing is going to be snab city.
>>
>>43841442

Dung Beetle Knight is on the top of my want list, with Dragon King as a close second. I'm basing my wants on pure speculation because I go into everything in KDM completely blind. For example, we build things based on their names and icons during the game, we get our asses kicked by the Kingsmen because we had no clue what it was going to be like. Sometimes I read descriptions of characters for flavor, but those two pieces look sick. That said, I'm going to buy every damn expansion that gets released.
>>
>>43841651
If you want, read the spoiler for which expansions are known to be pre/mid/post game content

Sunstalker and Dragon King as I understand alter your settlement's beginning. The Lantern Festival is post-game content. I think all the other stuff (except maybe the ringtail fox stuff) is stuff added that can expand existing campaigns, and is mid-campaign content. I could be mistaken about some of this, though, so take with a grain of salt.
>>
Resources/tools page is live!

Online survivor and settlement PDFs, FAQs, and challenge scenarios for your group to die to!

Get it while it's hot! http://tools.kingdomdeath.com/
>>
Almost December and my Gencon still hasn't shipped.

Oh dear, I'm losing hope.
>>
>>43842381
Canada?

If so, it may be related to a mix up with shipping info sent to UPS. There is a reddit thread on it. I'd check that, contact UPS and file a ticket with the help desk if it sounds like you were involved.

Hold on, Anon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.