[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aliens: Only War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 592x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 592x333
Ok, so I've been working on a way to use Only War to run an Aliens game. It's done, but it kinda got a little out of hand....

Anyway, here's the first version. See what you think. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/7dgrsfftz2aa8fb/Aliens_-_Only_War.pdf
>>
>>43739386
A) You can just run Only War, centered around Genestealers.

B) There's an official Aliens TTRPG already.
>>
>>43739456
Yeah, except genestealers don't have acid blood or facehuggers, and the Aliens ttrpg sucks donkey bollocks.

All the same, thanks for not even looking.
>>
>>43739386
Nice work.
>>
The old Leading Edge version was terrible. The board game was OK in a clunky old fashioned kinda way, but the rpg was just a stripped down Phoenix Command.

And I've never really felt the need to calculate which part of which finger is blown off, and how long said wound will bleed...
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 960x540
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 736x414
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 768x1024
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 636x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 636x318
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 640x480
Any other comments?
>>
>>43740862
There are actually some Xenomorph (and Predator) stats for the WH40k system floating around. Shall I post them?
>>
>>43739386
>Cover art is from *THAT* game
Eww. Looks pretty good otherwise, though.
>>
>>43740862
If I was ever to use Aliens as a bioweapon like that I'd totally skip a couple of numbers on the paintjob. Even if the enemy manages to kill all of them they'll waste so much time and resources looking for #3 and #11
>>
>>43741056
Shoot.
>>
File: image.png (213 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.png
213 KB, 500x313
>>43741138
Fuck you. I just laughed and blew tea down my nose.
>>
>>43741119
Typical that the best thing about that game was the artwork.
>>
>>43741161
Alright.

>Alien
WS | BS | S | T | Ag | Int | Per | WP | Fel
40 | -- | 40 | (8)40 | (8)45 | 20 | 40 | 30 |

Movement: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 10
Skills: Acrobatics +10, Awareness, Climb +20, Concealment, Contortionist +10, Shadowing, Silent Moves +10, Swim +10
Traits: Acid Blood*, Dark Sight, Improved Natural Weapons (Claws, Pharyngeal Jaw), Lurking Horror**, Natural Armor (chitinous carapace), Pyrophobic***, Selfless for the Hive****, Unnatural Agility (x2), Unnatural Senses (15m), Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Talents: Berserk Charge, Double Team, Furious Assault, Sprint, Takedown
Armor: AP 3 all (chitinous carapace)
Attacks: Claws (1d10+5 R, Pen 5), Pharyngeal Jaws (1d10+5 R, Pen 5, Razor Sharp, Tearing, only useable during grapple in place of a successful grapple action), Tail strike (1d10+7 I or R, Pen 3, primitive, flexible, concussive (though auditory protection is useless as it is the force of strike that stuns/knocks down the target))
>>
>>43741300

*Acid Blood: Due to the nature of a Xenomorph's circulatory system (consisting of a powerful acid under pressure), wounds to the drone can be dangerous to its enemies. When a drone takes damage from a melee weapon, that weapon is treated as though it had been parried by a power field (i.e. most weapons have a 75% chance of being melted). Any attacker who wounds a drone in melee, anyone within melee range of a drone wounded by explosive damage, and anyone otherwise drenched in a drone's blood (e.g. high critical damage caused to the drone) must make an Agility test to avoid the blood spray; on failure, 1d10+5 E damage with a penetration of 0 is taken to the body location. Any armor on that location is considered damaged and has 2 less AP (and power armor is considered unsealed) until repaired. Multiple applications of acid stack, and armor reduced to 0 AP is essentially scrapped. Xenomorphs are immune to this effect. NOTE: This means that xenomorphs aboard a starship must be fought with extreme caution to avoid damaging important components or putting holes in the hull.

**Lurking Horror: A drone is a careful, cunning creature with a dark, insulated hide and menacing visage. Thermal imaging (like that provided by a Preysense scope) provides no bonus to Perception to detect a drone. In areas of dim or no illumination a drone gains a +20 bonus to Concealment and Shadowing tests. During a turn in which a drone attacks an unaware opponent from an area of dim or no illumination the drone is treated as having Fear(2) to all opponents who witness it. Xenomorphs are immune to this effect.
>>
>>43741311
***Pyrophobic: Due to the chemical make-up of a xenomorph's hide and the nature of its circulatory system, it faces several challenges when lit on fire. A drone takes a -10 penalty to tests made to put itself out, and damage rolls for being on fire gain a +4 bonus. A drone on fire that succeeds on its willpower test to be able to act while aflame has a 50/50 change of either attempting to flee from its assailants or attempting to put itself out. A drone that dies from fire damage will burst, drenching anyone nearby in acid as if it had been wounded by an explosive weapon (see Acid Blood). If a drone witnesses a foe using a weapon with the flame quality it will instinctively hide until the foe leaves or flee if the foe appears to be aware of the drone.

****Selfless for the Hive: A drone on its own is a wily creature with great survival instincts. One defending its hive, especially the queen and eggs, is a frenzied, vicious creature willing to do whatever is necessary to kill anything that would invade the hive. When fighting in the area of a hive (whatever complex contains a queen and her eggs) a drone gains the Fearless talent, and is considered to automatically pass any Willpower test to continue acting as normal, such as the test taken when on fire. Should a drone be fighting in the presence of the queen or the egg chamber, it additionally gains the Frenzy talent (which is immediately activated as a free action).

Tactics: A lone drone will focus on catching a single target off guard, ambushing its prey quickly and disappearing with its prize. The drone will typically use its tail or a takedown attack to stun its victim. If looking only to feed, the drone will then grapple the target and finish it with its secondary jaws, while a drone looking to bring a live host to the hive will use grappling to subdue the prey.
>>
>>43741300
>Predator
WS:65 BS:60 S:45 T:45 Ag:50 Per:45 WP:35 Fel:-
Skills: Acrobatics, Concealment +20, Silent Move +20, Shadowing+20, Dodge+10, Navigation (Surface, Stellar), Pilot (Civilian Craft), Wrangling, Survival +10, Intimidate
Talents: Exotic Weapon Training (Arm-claws, Sholuder-mounted Plasma), Assassin Strike, Die Hard, True Grit, Lightning Attack, Talented (Shadowing, Move Silently), Leap Up, Step Aside, Crushing Blow, Sure Strike
Traits: Unnatural Agility x2, Unnatural Senses, Toxic, Unnatural Strength x2, Unnatural Toughness x2
Wounds: 35

Equipment:
Camo Armour (All 6): grants the Unnatural Senses Trait, environmentally sealed, when cloaking is activated (half action) it confers a -20 to any Awareness tests made to spot the wearer and the wearer can attempt a concealment test as a half action, even when in plain sight.
Arm-claws: 1d10+7 Pen 4
Shoulder-mounted plasma caster:
S/2/3 Range: 50m 2d10+3 Pen 4 Clip: 30
>>
>>43741300
>>43741311
>>43741332
That's... actually pretty not bad, if a little complex for what could essentially be cannon fodder. I like.
>>
>>43741352
>not statting glorious combi-stick
>>
>>43742253
Yeah, Predator et al is the first supplement if this is well received.
>>
>>43741621
Yeah, I imagine it's probably better suited for low level Dark Heresy parties. PCs in the other 40k RPG's could probably mop the floor with 'em, short of any major screwups.
>>
>>43742931
Jesus, imagine just one stalking a starting party.
>>
Shameless self bump
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.