[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh, are there more games like this? Not the reddit-tier humor,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: photo-original.png (727 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
727 KB, 1536x1152
Uh, are there more games like this?

Not the reddit-tier humor, but the fast, fun pace of card game play for two players without all the bullshit cost of ccgs.
>>
There are literally thousands of non-collectible card games.

If you go into any game store, any game store at all, you will literally trip over hundreds of great games, with most if not all better than that thing you are inexpertly trying to shill.
>>
>>43738903

Ugh, I don't want some autism level netrunner shit, I want something easy and fast, and for two players. You'd be surprised how many traditional games completely shit the bed when they're only played by two players.
>>
>>43738864
I played a nice one about exploding cows. The premise was ridiculous but the gameplay was quite good. I think there's a free printable version on cheapass games.
>>
>>43738864
Star Realms
>>
>>43738864
Cards Against Humanity
Its sort of hilariously wrong
>>
>>43738864
How fast / how long is a game of exploding kittens? Just so I have a timetable to work with, I have a few ideas but I have no idea how 'fast paced' we're talking
>>
>>43739029
yeah, that and absolute shit
>>
>>43739041
It's like a 10-15 minute game, sometimes shorter. Anything less than an hour is fine with me.
>>
hearthstone
>>
>>43738864
>Not the reddit-tier humor

I want this meme to stop. /tg/ isnt any better with their "STAT ME!", "Elf Slave Wat Do.", "Filename", and countless other threads
>>
>>43739055
Really just depends on the people. Although it does get stale really fast after a few games.
>>43739153
good luck m8
>>
>>43739153
>I want this meme to stop
Sure thing, grandpa. We'll get right on it.
>>
>>43738864

Considering you enjoy that game, I'd suggest War.
>>
GOSU is pretty fun. I enjoyed the one game of Cthulhu Gloom I played. Love Letter is also good.
>>
File: 1446766342584.jpg (54 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
1446766342584.jpg
54 KB, 600x566
>>43738864
Ascension
>High fantasy theme, deck building
Fairy Tale
>Fantasy theme, very light Take That! elements, drafting, set collection
Sushi Go!
>Cute food theme, drafting, set collection
Star Realms
>Science fiction/space battles theme, deckbuilding, PvP
Epic
>High fantasy/MtG clone theme, deck construction or drafting, PvP
The Struggle for Catan
>Catan theme (duh), trading
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre
>Violent cartoon fantasy theme, PvP, hand management, dice rolling
>>
>>43739256
War isn't a game
>>
>>43739393

Which is why it's perfect for OP.
>>
>>43739153
It's a different type of humor,and in autism land anything that you like that I don't like is shit
>>
File: skreonkinggojira.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skreonkinggojira.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>>43739153
>>43739469

Jabs at reddit and their humor aside, the game in OP's pic actually does look legitimately annoying and unfunny. I can tell for three reasons.

The first is anything that can be labeled as "cat humor" is almost always unfunny. It's almost always about cats and the fact people find them endearing despite them being shitty pets. What's confusing to me though is even though these jokes always point out cats are shitty pets, they're still implicitly pro cat-owning.

The second is "explosions". I dunno, jokes about about explosives and explosions are almost always unfunny. The fact they're apparently shooting for some kind of low-tier irony by having the explosives be handled by cats I particularly find grating.

The third is one of the collaborators is the Oatmeal. If you haven't read the Oatmeal, it's basically xkcd's immature, dimwitted cousin who is under the impression he's the most insightful person you'll ever meet.
>>
>>43740651
>he likes xkcd, the most pretentious comic to ever exist
>>
>>43740884
That's not even >implied by what he's saying
Quite the opposite
>>
>>43738864
>fun
>fast paced
>two player
> "cards"
Anon, you don't need crap like cats or cah. Check.out:
Neuroshima Hex! (Can try it on mobile, fantastic app)
Summoner Wars
Epic: the card game
Star Realms
Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn

You have prices ranging from 15-50.
>>
>>43744496
Neuroshima and Star Realms are both good, fast two-player games. Can't comment on the others.
>>
>>43743695

I actually do like xkcd, but even I'll admit sometimes it does feel like Randall just wants to read his own editorials.

The Oatmeal however does it far more often and much more bluntly, and unlike xkcd doesn't have any clever humor or actual knowledge to back up its simplistic art style. It's the webcomic equivalent of that "I fucking love science" facebook page. That is, when it's not used as vehicle to wank over Tesla or how awesome cats are (I really can't stand cats).

So it's safe to say I have no real interest in a cardgame where that chucklenut was a collaborator, even if it was just his (really mediocre) artwork.
>>
>>43739153
You know, I haven't actually seen an elf slave thread here in at least 3 years. At this point it'd be a new thing for probably half the userbase
>>
>>43739153

Redditor detected.
>>
>>43738864

Love Letter, or it's variants Lost Legacy

Love Letter costs like $9 usually, can be played in minutes, is up to 4 players but still fun with 2. It's a big hit in all 3 of my small circles.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.