[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, help me spice up this relatively dry elevator pitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: the_last_human.jpg (343 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
the_last_human.jpg
343 KB, 700x900
Hey /tg/, help me spice up this relatively dry elevator pitch

It's a weird wastelands setting, and the players want to find the last pureblood human. The reason they want to do this is to shut down an ancient war machine that only responds to humans. All current examples of wasteland humans are too heavily mutated to register.
>>
The players are cinnamon brown elf women and the "last" human is a boy.
>>
What type of PCs are they? All anthro animals like in Gamma World?

What is the robot guarding?
>>
>>43733116
either gamma world mutants or robuts.

And I had originally thought the warbot was just sort of rampaging, the guarding angle might be cool.
>>
>>43733178
Guarding something is a better bet. A rampaging warbot can be led into an ambush or an alley and have stuff dropped on it. If it's guarding something the PCs want, they can't just go murderhobo on it
>>
>>43733002
Tell us more about your Blame! game, it's rare to see somebody trying to run one.
>>
File: promopage.jpg (98 KB, 497x668) Image search: [Google]
promopage.jpg
98 KB, 497x668
>>43733248
blam?
>>
>>43733528
>>43733248
Fuck yeah Blame! is the coolest setting ever
>>
>>43733002
>The ancient war machine is the only thing that can be reprogrammed to rebuild civilization, so you can't just destroy it
>The humans are all androids anyway
>The humans have been digitized and sent to Alpha Centauri
>>
File: Blame! v06 c033 044-045.jpg (285 KB, 1557x1100) Image search: [Google]
Blame! v06 c033 044-045.jpg
285 KB, 1557x1100
>>43733528
>>43733588
>>
>>43733677
>Skinsuit “Eel”
>Other properties: Nice ass
Made me laugh
>>
The fact that there is one last human is well known throughout the world.
There are many artifacts and machines that are rumored to "activate only in proximity of The Human". But these are mostly just legends and quackery.
Cults gather for strange "rituals of Beckoning" that should "attract the Human". All lies and myths.
A very powerful warlord actually claims to BE the "last human" (but he lies, he's just a poorly made artificial puppet) and forbids people to believe otherwise.
In another land, a powerful mutant claims to OWN the Human as a pet, and has him tour with his circus.

Some say The Human is among the people. others say he is an ethereal, winged being that comes from the sky. Others say the Human's voice is like thunder, and can make you deaf with a word. The records of the last century are a whole confuse, obsessive mess of wrong information and legends about "the Human".

it seems like an impossible quest. Like finding "the chosen one", or Amelia Erhart.

So there, that's my suggestion, my way of "spicing it up".

the myth of The Human is blown out of proportion and the entire world is crazy over it.

Fanatics, cults, impostors, entire castles of lies built around "The Human", so even just SAYING that someone is or isn't The Human can bring a lot of trouble.

Once it is known that the adventurers have some means of finding him, or are on a quest for finding The Human that could succeed, all hell would break loose.

>"I'm looking for The Human"
>"Everyone knows The Human is our benevolent dictator/everyone knows the Human is inside every one of us"
>>
File: What is your quest.jpg (35 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
What is your quest.jpg
35 KB, 600x331
>>43733002
>>43733890
Robot holy grail quest? Sounds neat.

I keep meaning to read Blame!
>>
>>43733890
>>43734486
>The last human is basically a technological skeleton key
>the amount and variety of machines that respond to a human operator is startling
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.