[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wots that sir? Never seen a high marshie? Well they are bloody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 250x345
Wots that sir? Never seen a high marshie? Well they are bloody savage things sir. Have wings and all, attack without warning. When your flying near the highlands stay on your toes guv.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
Tolly ho lads! Space 1889 was steampunk before steampunk was a thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 800x600
>>43729091

28mm scale Sky Galleons of Mars/Cloudships & Gunboats
>>
When our group found out Ride Pterodactyl was a skill, we had no choice but to take it.
>>
>>43729055
Love this game
>>
>>43729127

Why you no sky ship bro? You a marshie or lizardman?
>>
>>43729091
>>43729110

The old grognard that builds and paints the sky ships from scratch comes to Historicon every year in Fredricksburg, VA. He is a super cool guy I can't remember his name.

I like how Space 1889 is sort of a crossroad of the gaming hobby and brings together hardcore 18th century wargamer grey beards and hipster steampunk lovers.
>>
Space 1889 (which uses its own GDW system of d6 dice pools)

Space 1889: Red Sands (Savage Worlds)
Space 1889: New Kickstarter edition (Ubiquity)

Sky Galleons of Mars and Cloudships & Gunboats is a stripped down Starfleet battles.

There is a boardgame too but I have never played it called.
>>
>>43730003
>hipster steampunk lovers
I'm not sure anybody that likes steampunk is remotely trendy.
>>
>>43731546

Do you go to Cons? That shit was all the rage 3-4 years ago. Ive gone to GenCon every year since 1996 as it's close to moms basement. GenCon 2012 had more Steampunk costume booths selling top hats to cogs hot glued to them than game sellers.

Space 1889 is pre Steampunk. Hell it came out in what 1987? Steampunk is more fantastical imo. There are no Steampunk cybernetics or power armor suits in Space 1889. It's more pure.
>>
>>43733704

Space 1889 is one of the oldest examples of steampunk, from roughly about the time the term was invented, but before it was spread. That is, unless you are one of those who think that the suffix "-punk" requires the protagonists and the story to be disillusioned and somewhat anti-establishment -like the real punk culture or like the vast majority of the cyberpunk stories. Space 1889 will not fit such a definition.

The adventures to Space 1889 generally expect the heroes to stand up for queen and country and for Victorian values against agents from foreign countries, native rebellions, mad scientists, mad cultists and Fenian or Anarchist terrorists.
>>
>>43729055

I remember this game. Does anyone have pdfs they can share?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.