[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on porting Orks over to Shadowrun, how do I do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13 KB, 225x225
I'm planning on porting Orks over to Shadowrun, how do I do this?
>>
>>43728058
SHOOT AND CHOP.
>>
>>43728058
Lab accident? Why don't you take the ruleset and brew a 40k game
>>
>>43728058
You take the orcs in Shadowrun and make them crazy. Maybe give them that flaw where they have to roll composure checks all the time. Obsession with bigger, better guns isn't exactly unheard of in Shadowrun. Weirdest thing would be the way they spawn.
>>
>>43728058
Badly, of course.
>>
>>43728058
Orky cybernetics are powerful and have reduced essence costs but are hideous and huge and completely unconcealable.

Orkyness is a kind of Awakened role, like Adepts but not as shit. Read up on Techno-Wizards in RIFTS, I'm thinking it's something like that. They can't cast spells and they don't have superpowers, but they can use (or create, if they'z smarty-like) all sorts of weapons, nick-knacks, and gizmos without obvious sources of functionality. Orky weapons have terrible stats unless wielded by an Orkish Awakened.

Red paint becomes a kind of magic ritual that makes Orky things go faster.
>>
>>43728843
>Shadowrunners go to a Ork church to make their Orky equipment go faster.
>The priest says "I'z 'hall now starts da riteywall!" as it brings out some paint brushes.
>>
>>43728843
Maybe Ork adepts can take some kind of WAAAGH! tradition to get special powers. Like they could cheaply make weapon/equipment foci which are easy to bind and which get various benefits like never running out of ammunition or fuel. They might use their magic-equivalent stat for crafting instead of logic. And the color they paint their equipment has various effects. An ork could also convert normal equipment into a version that gains orky benefits. Naturally they'd get boosts in the presence of other orks who follow the path of the WAAAGH!

>>43729399
>Ork church
>House 'a Da Hard Gitz
>Gork an Mork's place
>>
>>43728058
You shouldn't.
>>
>Orks find weird cultist books.
>One big ed reads it.
>"Shadowrun"
>They sit down for one second in their fungus lives.
>Try to roll play.
>Orks become immersed.
>They think they are in that world.
>They are in this world.
>Become bored.
>Kill each other.
>Fungus spreads.
>Profit.
>>
>>43728843
>Reduced.
Why would it be reduced? The soul would be freaking out when you get a big ass powa claw instead of a hand.
>>
>>43737258
Because the power of the cybernetics that a big Nob can get would put you well into negative essence territory in Shadowrun normally, and that renders them essentially unusable as characters. If they're not playable except as cyberzombies then what was the point of including Orks in the game at all? Muscle augmentations are some of the most essence-expensive cyberware in the game.

Maybe something about them being inherently goofy and ridiculous makes them cost less essence. Like some kind of cyberclown.
>>
>>43738760
>being inherently goofy and ridiculous makes them cost less essence. Like some kind of cyberclown.

The ware probably increases their orkiness enough to counterbalance what would normally be a massive essence loss.
>>
>>43728058
I mean, honestly, this is a really stupid idea. Why not just play shadowrun in shadowrun and 40k in 40k? Their tones and themes clash really badly. Why do 40kids need to shove their meme game into everything
>>
>>43734770
this
>>
File: 1431610399424.png (811 KB, 782x559) Image search: [Google]
1431610399424.png
811 KB, 782x559
>>43728058
You take the already existing orks, you give them really low logic skills... aaaand done. Some of them are awakened, we'll call these wyrd boyz. Some of them have logic 2, we'll call these mek boyz. They're distrustful of others and thus live in enclaves together. They love fighting. They take Jet and shit, which makes them even more aggressive and stupid.
The whole ork magic just happens. Science can't explain it as of now.

Aaaand done. You're welcome. Pic unrelated
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.