[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HFY France
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: HFYForgive.jpg (218 KB, 1234x916) Image search: [Google]
HFYForgive.jpg
218 KB, 1234x916
Anyone else seeing a little bit of HFY in public responses/posts to the France attacks?

Thread discussing the wider role HFY plays in non-fiction and fiction not typically associated with HFY?
>>
Thank you for proving that HFY is the worst thing ever in the history of everything.

There were a handful of doubters left.
>>
The best part of HFY is how it still annoys anons
>>
File: Can we fix it.jpg (23 KB, 391x366) Image search: [Google]
Can we fix it.jpg
23 KB, 391x366
>>43646558
>nationalism has become so alien to the modern mindset that it's seen as HFY sci-fi rubbish when it appears
>>
>>43646575

>that reckless hyperbole

You have to be 18 to use 4chan
rofl@ubreh
>>
>>43646639
It's more that the HFY-fag is so used to trying to shove anything with a human protagonist under the umbrella of their non-existent genre, that they've lost sight of themselves.
>>
HFY isn't the worst thing on tg by a good country mile.

can we talk about what's worse instead
>>
>>43646639
Is it nationalism to keep saying 'oh son we gon' fuck you up 'cause we so good...'
>>
>>43646639
Nationalism was never good.
>>
>>43646558
Anymore OP?
>>
>>43646998
One world, one race, one love right?
>>
File: HFYDebt.jpg (261 KB, 1206x1134) Image search: [Google]
HFYDebt.jpg
261 KB, 1206x1134
>>43647120
>>
>>43646827
People who come into meta threads to complain about meta threads.

Also quests.
>>
>>43646558
If anything, this just proves that anyone who hates HFY on an meaningful level (as opposed to just hating shoddy writing, which is understandable) are overly-progressive, hyper-individualistic scum.

>>43646672
>thinking HFY is just about humans
It can easily be expanded to "I'm a part of X; I'm tired of X being considered the baseline or shit on by everything else, so I'm going to write about what makes X strong; real, perceived, theoretical, or otherwise."
>>
File: SilentWarCap.png (883 KB, 1894x2338) Image search: [Google]
SilentWarCap.png
883 KB, 1894x2338
>>
File: BeItEverSoHumble.png (72 KB, 1913x376) Image search: [Google]
BeItEverSoHumble.png
72 KB, 1913x376
>>
File: StoryVox.png (268 KB, 1344x2084) Image search: [Google]
StoryVox.png
268 KB, 1344x2084
>>
>>43646558
>>43647213
>.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos
>>
>>43646575
Fuck you dude. HFY is still one of the purest forms of /tg/ out there. Just dudes writing to write because it sparked their imagination.

I bet you play elves and demonkin too.
>>
>>43646998
Son, just because you're ashamed of your country, that doesn't mean we all are. Human beings need a rival or antagonist in order to grow to their full potential. Without someone to beat, we don't try.
>>
>people still get pissed about HFY

I will never understand why. Sure there are some bad writers, people that don't understand basic fundamentals or just have poor flow or vocabulary, but I can't understand how one can hate it as a whole. Is it because anons think it's over exposed? It's the same hintg over and over, an endless repitition of certain sci-fi quirks and tropes?

How are people like that evn on /tg/? Most /tg/ material is endless reiteration on previous tread territory. It's elves and orcs this, robots and cyborgs that, humans and aliens here. Everything here is done to death. Why is it HFY gets shit on over everything else?
>>
>>43646998
>Nationalism was never good

Of course not! Please return to your multicultural hovel in Europe--I mean North North Africa.
>>
>>43650974
>Why is it HFY gets shit on over everything else?

Mostly because of how grotesquely masturbatory it always sounds.
>>
>>43651072
You mean like every other piece of /tg/-related media ever?
>>
>>43651102
No, the majority of /tg/ media is able to raise above the masturbation of "I breathe air, I am badass" bullshit that precludes literally any other sentient species existing.
>>
>>43651142
Next you will tell me that D&D is a power fantasy and should be removed from /tg/
>>
Fuck you and your stupid bullshit. Will you gladly came back to /pol/ with this islamophobic crap? A bad thing had happened and a lot of innocent muslims will now suffer consequences of this racist bullshit.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>43651172
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>43651183
Oh you really told me, shitlord. It's a free site and i have right to use it as well.
>>
>>43646558
Attacks in France were false flag operations. Media jumped into conclusion that they were arranged by muslims because that's the more convenient answer than that they were reactionary action against incoming refugees from Syria. Now muslims can be freely discriminated against without any sort of moral outrage.
>>
>>43646901
Jingoism? Name your poison.

>>43650948
If you aren't ashamed of something your country has done, you're ignorant.
>>
>>43649653
So it's nationalism?
>>
>>43651220
If you can't feel pride nor joy in anything you might as well just end yourself.
>>
>>43651219
The terrorists said "for Syria" and "allahu ackbar".
>>
File: 1364058368227.png (9 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1364058368227.png
9 KB, 800x800
>>43651172
>>43651196

Here's your free (You)s
>>
>>43651245
It's fake and you know it. Syrian passports were clearly fake as well. Stop believing everything that fox news has told you.
>>
>>43651220
>ashamed of something your country has done,
Doesn’t mean you should feel shame over being from your country, aby more than making a few shameful mistakes means yout should feel shame about yourself forever.

if you do think that way, go talk to a psychologist. Shame is not meant to be eternal.
>>
>>43651259
What does it even mean? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that attacks were arranged.
http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/9-reasons-to-question-the-paris-terror-attacks.html
>>
>>43650974
HFY is a reversal of the "human as generic" idea. it was interesting as a novelty, but it hold very little merit on it's own.

it's also bred extremely repetitive story where you always know the twist before hand ("the big scary monster aliens are talking about is human, how crazy is that!") wich from my point of view defeat most of the interest of sci fi story.

Plus the story are often blocky and lengthy things that are a pain to read compared to the average content of /tg/

and last but least, some get way too much into it, like, really way too much into it.
>>
>>43651245
Really convenient, isn't it? It's like someone wanted to make really sure that any doubts will be silenced.
>>
File: 1432570994917.png (71 KB, 957x831) Image search: [Google]
1432570994917.png
71 KB, 957x831
>>43651294
I dunno. Some of them are pretty good. It's like all fanart. There's a ton of shit for every rose.
>>
>>43651260
I'm not Murikan, however I believe in what Agence France Presse says.
>>43651300
Right, I'm sure the recorded message where ISIS claims responsibility for the attacks on their own Telegram account is fake as well?
>>
WFY (the) West, Fuck Yeah Thread?
>>
File: 1380807861590.jpg (46 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1380807861590.jpg
46 KB, 356x356
>>43651294
Weeb shit, smutfags and quest threads tick all of those too. And all are worse to read and derail threads 24/7
But faggots like you let it slide because "/tg/ - you don't need any other boards"
>>
>>43651343
yeah some of them are good, but you don't want a whole thread of it. just one from time to time is enough.

>>43651533
I don't understand the hate for quest thread, especially now that a balance was found and you only have around 5 thread most of time, a bit more on week end (compared to the time when there was 3/4 of the thread). most shitty quest die relatively quickly too.

for me it's always one of the most /tg/ thing you can do, get together and play.
>>
>>43651219
how do you get soldiers or pmcs so brainwashed they blow themselves up instead of being captured?
>>
>>43651533
Hey psst, what if we discussed random topics that fit better on other boards because I could use it in a game, maybe?
>>
>>43651670
The quest thread hate is more of a meme than anything else these days, but there's also no reason to hate HFY threads, unless you hate a specific topic threads, like barbarian character art, or the lich thread (if you do hate all of that, then you're just wrong). The whole point of having a subject specific thread is so people who want to see that sort of thing can go through it all. And you're more likely to see something new if it's in a themed thread.

If you want a different type of story, make a thread for that.
>>
>>43646558
This one is... ugh. Just replace all instances of "Gwin" and "humanity" with "Japan" and "America" and you've got the exact same thing except the jingoism is more naked.
>>
>>43651689
Poor education, lack of hope, and a hard line belief in the hereafter and the righteousness of their cause. They don't view "infidels" as human, and believe everything their leaders tell them.
>>
>>43651736
Most are educated, overwhelmingly with *tem degrees, middle class and come from families that are actually pretty much assimilated and secular.
>>
>>43651172
This is bait of course, but I wonder if there are people selfish enough to genuinely believe that they are worse off than the people who actually got injured or killed by the terrorists...
>>
>>43651234

It works based on the same fundamentals. The wank appears here because IRL such greasebeardy ideas are getting a beating from the mainstream like PC Principal gave to Cartman.
>>
>>43650908
>Fuck you dude. HFY is still one of the purest forms of /tg/ out there.

But it's not even /tg/. It has almost nothing to do with traditional games except that you guys have nowhere else to post this awful stuff.

>Just dudes writing to write because it sparked their imagination.

In a close-minded manner, based on a series of flawed premises that are just regurgitated endlessly by idiots with no familiarity with the genres they profess to love but seem to despise.

The myth of HFY is that "HFY came about because humans were too bland in sci-fi", which has never been true, and now it only serves as a stupid meme for a handful of people who are deeply invested in it, even though they've long lost track of what they were doing. Had they a lick of sense, they could have answered their initial dilemma by just exploring the genre, instead of continuing under the impression that they ever had a point to begin with and trying their hands at writing a counter-movement against an imaginary problem.

HFY is masturbatory in the worst ways, the very antithesis of /tg/. It is people masturbating either to the literal lowest common denominator, their bare inclusion into the species, or to the mindless accolades that other HFY throw upon them in hopes of encouraging them to write more awful masturbatory fiction.

It's an embarrassment, created by people who profess pride.
>>
>>43651800
1 - It's not bait
2 - There were middle eastern people among the victims of both terrorist attacks in France this year
3 - The people who make up /pol/ are largely the same demographic ISIS recruits from, religion aside, and that has never stopped them from taking converts.
>>
>>43646558
I don't HFY in concept, but the threads are almost always shit. This passage in particular is really bad. It jumps around all over the place, and it doesn't express at all anything about how humanity came back after being beaten in the first place or anything about what makes it different from the other race.

Though really I find that's an issue in most science fiction involving alien enemies period. Humanity is rarely defined with any traits, they're just arbitrarily given the American ideal of greatness, having it applied to species as a whole. I think it's lazy writing.

Ur Quan Masters off the top of my head did humans wonderfully. They weren't the leaders of their alien alliance because it turns out that a race of rationals with telepathic abilities was better suited for that, but they were still very valuable to the alliance because of an attitude towards acceptance and a highly industrialized society compared. The game's fuck old, but I think it had one of the most realistic ideas of humanity in the future. I think the backstory was that given the motive, we went from early moon rockets to space faring warships in less than 50 years.
>>
File: Spacefarer's Lament.png (58 KB, 440x850) Image search: [Google]
Spacefarer's Lament.png
58 KB, 440x850
>>
>>43651736
I meant in the context of the attack being a false flag op. Unless they got actual muslims to do it, how devious. Maybe the Franch black ops cultured their own pro-ISIS terrorist cell, even? And of course French government will react by becoming more totalitarian, with spying agencies having more power. A fear response at the administrative level or carefully orchestrated plan? I guess nothing will convice conspiracy theorists.
>>
File: Because it was there.png (600 KB, 1000x1040) Image search: [Google]
Because it was there.png
600 KB, 1000x1040
>>43651836
HFY was borne from Tabletop Tuesday on /b/, a retaliation against the numberless legions of furries and /d/eviants that assailed our nascent culture. It was a reaffirmation that humanity was useful, worthwhile, superior to the half-human abominations that flooded the board.
>>
>>43651867
Correction. The Chenjesu were the leaders of the Alliance of Free Stars, not the Arilou.
>>
File: Gatebuilders.jpg (206 KB, 1252x602) Image search: [Google]
Gatebuilders.jpg
206 KB, 1252x602
>>
>>43651902
That is perhaps the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

And, if that's the origin story you subscribe to, fuck off to /b/. You have no place here, and your purpose makes you the very bottom of all the scum on this board, the people who felt that their own humanity was threatened because they spent too much time on /b/.
>>
File: hfy.png (20 KB, 1223x305) Image search: [Google]
hfy.png
20 KB, 1223x305
>>
File: Terra_Is_Alive.png (40 KB, 1203x706) Image search: [Google]
Terra_Is_Alive.png
40 KB, 1203x706
Not my favourite example of HFY, but it's still alright.
>>
What's humanity actually good at? Why are we inclined to think we're good or bad at X or Y?

As a fact, every culture through all points in history has been awful at independent thought or application of willpower. We're not likely going to be the stubborn or the determinator race in an alien universe, when everyone in the world right now is thinking aloud about what sheep everyone else is for similarly choosing someone else's voice to follow.

I doubt we're the resourceful race. If we were at one point, we're now a people that lives in an age of unlimited information, left untapped by the larger population for no reason but apathy.

We probably wouldn't even do a good job of being a conqueror race given the resources. For better or for worse I'm expecting alien rights movements to quickly follow any alien captures we make.

And while I do subscribe to the belief that people are inherently good and inclined to make the right choice over the easy choice, I don't think we're so good not to get blown out by aliens who developed on a planet of abundance, or arrived at a philosophy of peace, or were just born without whatever part of the brain makes you stab people.

Forgetting imaginary aliens, humans can hardly live up to any image of themselves if only for how delusional we are about what we're meant to be.
>>
>>43651990

Consider the timescale. It's extremely unlikely that, if we ever meet it, intelligent alien life is going to be at the same level of development as us. If they're below human level they're at our mercy and considering the treatment of indigenous groups now (Natives in USA, India with the "uncontacted" Andamanese remnant etc) it's safe to say alien rights movements will appear instantly even if they are dicks who try to kill humans on sight (like the Sentinelese tribesmen try with outsiders).

If they are more advanced better hope they are at least as nice as us because if not, it's game over bro.
>>
>>43652031
That actually reminds me of a short story about alien invaders who were still using muskets and black powder.

Faster than Light travel was possible, but it seems that we simply missed every opportunity to discover it.
>>
>>43651990
Could we consider that we are the crazy/curious race? We've sacrificed ourselves to climb to the tops of mountains, risked the world to split the atom, delved into the inky abysses of the ocean, and strapped ourselves to a controlled detonation to pierce the sky. I doubt many alien races would be so inclined towards risk and danger as we would be.

Of course, that's not necessarily a positive thing.
>>
>>43652087
>I doubt many alien races would be so inclined towards risk and danger as we would be.
What sample of alien races do you base this observation on?
>>
>>43652123
It's just baseless supposition. But given that we're working on the assumption that if we do get discovered by an alien race, they will be more advanced than us, chances are they'll be more set in their ways and will see themselves as having 'finished science'.
>>
>>43652031
I suppose alien life could just be shit, but I could never figure out why I was supposed to think humans stood a chance against the multitude of sci-fi races with psionic powers and ships that could roast a planet from above the atmosphere.

On just our planet what we've got going is like, opposable thumbs and a small percentage of our population clever enough for us simple folk to copy.

>>43652087
I dislike the "wayfarer" style of humanity because I don't think they're actually indicative of our regular lifestyle. I think most humans are very non-curious, and the idea of thrill-seeking in exploration is largely a Euro-American fantasy that's a romance in that culture and largely heard of in others.

When given the unknown, fear seems like our natural response, not curiosity.
>>
>>43651848
>There were middle eastern people among the victims of both terrorist attacks in France this year
And a tragedy it is. But that doesn't give you or anyone right to single them out among the victims, much less whine about how act of islamic terrorism is bad for PR of Islam as a whole without at least acknowledging the dead non-Muslims.

Yes, it's natural and wrong that this kind of incidents lead to unjust treatment of people associated in some manner with the culprits. All the same, how do you expect to hinder this wrong and unjust reaction when all you seem to care about is image of your ideology?
People who are already xenophobic will only see their prejudice confirmed when they see people more concerned with their own public image than loss of life of others.

I do wonder how many of us actually want a sense of fellowship, unity and brotherhood that would transcend divisions of nationality, ethnicity, religion or ideology, and how many would just prefer to have an enemy.
>>
The only common talent all human cultures have is following orders. Even pulp science fiction knows it sub-consciously, we're a race of visored plasma fodder, only good at making shields until a hero comes along.
>>
>>43652173
And where do those heroes come from? We're a race of baseline, boring people from which the greatest villains and heroes arise. The Imperial guard holds the line until either the space marines arrive or the chaos ritual completes, the city guard walks the walls until the adventurers can defeat the Orcish horde. Our average Joe is just that: Average. But he only needs to wait until a hero comes, or until he becomes one himself.
>>
>>43652218
Why do you type like a fag?

Why does everyone in this thread type like fag?

Do you ever actually read what you write? How do you manage to do so without saying "Wow, this is some pretty gay shit. Purple prose ain't shit compared to my Lavender Spew."
>>
>>43652218
Probably from the warrior race. Great humans in our era tend to be men of business or science. If we're lucky, we might get to be the merchant race. /pol/ can eat its heart out.
>>
File: Satisfying.gif (1 MB, 513x513) Image search: [Google]
Satisfying.gif
1 MB, 513x513
>>43652218
You know, you can believe that, but that goes against my personal idea of what HFY means.

Half of the time, people who paint themselves as heroes or chosen ones are just self-righteous jerks who are trying to exert control over people.

Nobody here is born with special blessings or extraterrestrial blood or anything. Some people are born with better social standing, yeah, but they're "normal", too. They're not magically given super-strength or super-intelligence to set them apart from Average Joe and defeat Orcish hordes.

The heroes we see are average people who made themselves heroes. Some people may have more chance of becoming heroes, but everyone can achieve greatness in some way or another. If humans lose hope just because they're "average", they're missing the point - effort and motivation can lift them beyond that averageness. The standard set of baseline stats don't exist to compare heroes to; they exist for every human to build onto in ways that work for them.

Only motivation, persistence, and luck separate heroes from Average Joe.
>>
>>43647213
Nice one.
But I wonder it a race that fulfills blood debts wouldn't be prone to sacrifices. Honor and duty are two closely related concepts after all.
>>
>>43652774
First off, that is one of the most beautiful .gifs I've seen.

Secondly, I totally agree with you. I apologize for failing to portray my stance on the matter in an accurate format.
>>
>>43652171
Media are going to again show muslims in a bad light by making a way bigger deal out of an incident than it deserves. Its not muslims that choose what will be shown on the tv in the west and in what light.
>>
>>43646558
How are the France attacks related to traditional games?
>>
>>43653059
HFY has been with /tg/ since our blessed board was nothing more than tabletop tuesdays on /b/.

In light of recent atrocities, we're trying to remind ourselves that humanity can rise above its baser nature, and create its legend among the stars.
>>
>>43653059
I think he means suicide terrorists going balls to the walls for things they believe in is HFY of the highest caliber.
>>
>>43646558
>Nobody will ever try the "humans are mindless LGBBQTARD ++++ abominations in the middle of a universe full of theocracies and dictatorships" setting
>>
>>43651990
>What's humanity actually good at?
As far as I remember, this was the question that began HFY threads. Poeple were tired of humans being the jack of all trades / boring species, especially in systems like D&D where your racial advantage is +1 skill point.
It's understandable since we create all other races as variations of ourselves, but there is no reason for humans to be the standard race IRL.

The stories themselves are sci-fi short novels like there has been for the last 70 years (if starship troopers is not HFY, I don't know what it is), with some format constraints due to the board, and quality depending on the talent or lack thereof of the author.
Putting aliens in a story is only a way to explore different human mindsets anyways.

>>43652050
I remember this. Good one, I liked the image of Age of Sail aliens travelling through the stars.
>>
>>43653040

>the media are going to again show muslims in a bad light
>the media that has spent years demonizing anyone who is a 'islamophobe' will paint muslims in a bad light instead of trying to just brush it off like they have with every other major muslim related attack in the past few years

Fuck off mate. This 'don't say mean things about Muslims and Islam' shit needs to stop. They aren't a protected species, they're a religious group, the majority of which do nothing (and even support) the actions of the violent minority.
>>
>>43653080
Yes, you shitposters have been a stain for quite some time, but at what point does trying to tie in your unreadable wankfest garbage with a recent tragedy become anything other than a horrifyingly self-deluded exercise in pitiless advertising?

Reminding everyone that you can't write and then saying it reminds you of the response to the attacks in France is something so shameless, I'm appalled that you'd try to spin it as some sort of kind-hearted and noble gesture.

For shame.
>>
>>43646639
Nationalism is something that boggles me, and does so just as much as pride in any group or ideology. Just because you belong to it does not mean you inherit the achievements of other individuals within that group, or the right to feel they belong to such a group.
>>
>>43653262

Nationalism is just a nation scale variant of the natural reaction of being part of any group.

Shockingly, people do get a sense of pride and joy when their family, their town, their state or their country does something impressive.
>>
>>43653253
What are you even talking about? For the last 15 years media did nothing but painted muslims as evil. Now they are blowing a minor incident out of proportions just to rally people against them.
>>
>>43653291

>past 15 years

Ah so theres the problem, you still think this is 2002. The majority of main stream media outlets are having the same reaction you are

>Oh no this Paris attack is going to make those mean right wingers do something bad to the Muslims!

It happened after the Sydney Siege here too. As soon as a Muslim terrorism act is confirmed the same old song and dance begins.

Also

>140 people killed so far in the middle of fucking Paris
>minor incident

Okay son.
>>
>>43653312
How many millions of muslims were murdered by the america in the middle east for oil?
>>
>>43646558
Only problem is that this is France. They'll surrender to ISIS next week.
>>
It's patently absurd that progressivism today is understood to mean kowtowing to inferior and alternative cultures when less than a century ago it meant the exact opposite.
>>
>>43652144
>When given the unknown, fear seems like our natural response, not curiosity.
Nice anecdote. My own experiences, and those I have observed in others, tell the opposite. People only react with fear if they have been taught to be afraid. Wary but curious is what I'd call the default human setting. We will do incredibly dumb things just to see what will happen.
>>
>>43653334

>The America Government engaged, and continues to engage in, a foreign policy that the American people despise and elected fucking Obama on the premise he would end it
>'I know lets kill people in France!"

Heres a little secret about the Middle East. Its been a hotbed of bloodshed and warfare for centuries. The religious war that groups like IS continue to engage in today were started long ago. If the Middle East was still under caliphate control and no outside nation had ever tried to gain influence over it they would still be attacking the west.

The 'They're attacking us because we killed them for oil!' thing is bullshit. This is, plain and simply, a religious war that the West cannot address because its biggest allies in the region, like Saudi Arabia, export the type of extremism that perpetuates the bloodshed.
>>
>>43653334
>Two people gang up and kill 140 for their religion
>Nation with biggest military in the world declares war on another nation

There is a difference, fucktard.

>>43653262
>Just because you belong to it does not mean you inherit the achievements of other individuals within that group, or the right to feel they belong to such a group.

It's more about congratulating and revering the ideology/group you come from because it created an environment in which you can be a functional person.
>>
>>43653334
Which has what exactly to do with some random frenchmen?
>>
>>43653334
not enough, or we wouldn't be having this problem
>>
>>43653080
>tabletop tuesdays on /b/.

What lies are these?
The original HFY thread is archived on suptg. The whole thing didn't even start until nearly a year after /tg/ was founded.
>>
>>43653396
That his death should not be given way more exposure in media.
>>
>>43653400
Fuck off back to /pol/, dipshit.
>>
>>43653413
>Fuck off back to /pol/

Like you can force him.
>>
>>43651902
WTF? I'm pretty sure it started with that one guy posting a story of how this human and various aliens survive an attack from alien terrorists on an alien ship, then meet up with another human, and have a debate over the merits of religion, not whatever you posted.
>>
>>43646998
Yet somehow nationalistic countries (America, Russia, European countries in their golden age) generally do quite good, while anti-nationalist countries are constantly degrading (see: Europe)

People like you are the reason the shit in Paris even could happen.
>>
OH SHIT. I've been living under the biggest rock in the world. I didn't even realize there was an attack in Paris.
>>
>>43653413
I know right, Islam is a religion of peace! *winkyface*
>>
>>43653440
>Using asteriks to roleplay

You can fuck off elsewhere too.
>>
>>43653416
Mods should be able to force him.
>>
>>43646827
I'm getting sick of Filename General. It's as actually related to /tg/ as HFY threads.
>>
>>43653428
France has had a strongly anti-multicultural policy for years
>>
>>43646998
Go back to bed Europe, not everyone who gets a bit patriotic causes world wars.
>>
>>43653455
>Mods should be able to force him.

This is not reddit faggot. Mods won't turn this website in your own personalized hugbox
>>
>>43646558
Are you trying to say Muslims aren't human?
>>
>>43653461
And THIS is the reason why the attacks happened. People can get pushed only so far.
>>
>>43650974
It's not just that HFY fanboys shove it down people's throats, it's that they try to do it all the fucking time. It's fine the first couple of times you see it, and then you realize these guys are about this weird fantasy xenophobia all the fucking time, every chance they get. After a while it just gets dull and repetitive, but it's still here.
>>
>>43653473
>And THIS is the reason why the attacks happened.

Totally not because ISIS wants to establish a foothold :^)
>>
>>43653461
That doens't mean that parts of the population can't be anti-nationalistic.
It's not so much about the government and laws as it is about the people living in the country.
>>
>>43649653
>hfy
>humanity, fuck yeah
>not about humans
Sure thing, kiddo
>>
>>43653457
Those whiny "Get X off of tg" threads were pretty annoying, though I think they're gone.
>>
>>43653291
Why are you lying on the internet? Media are doing everything in their power to show how terrorists are a minority and to convince the consumer that most Muslims are not like that.

Are you from bizarro world?
>>43653334
>muh oil wars
I suppose you are. Your ignorance of what happened in middle east aside, I do hope that your line of thinking "oh no, something bad happened to X, that makes it ok to murder a couple of unrelated innocent civilians on the other side of planet, that will show them!" places you on equal level with kneejerking faggots that would punish everyone who shares religion with the terrorists for their crimes.
>>
>>43653473
So you're telling me the attacks happened because there wasn't enough gibsmefreestufz?
>>
>>43653473
>go to someone elses country
>get pissed that you have to assimilate to their culture
>>
File: 1432542551944.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2880) Image search: [Google]
1432542551944.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2880
>>43646998
Neither was HFY
>>
>>43653473

No what caused the attacks is unchecked illegal immigration. We know that the perpetrators entered Europe this way, we also know that intelligence communities have been warning this would happen since the migrant crisis began.

Everyone with half a brain was predicting this.
>>
>>43653430
It's ok. Most reactions are by people who are pretending to care, anyway.
>>
>>43646558
Are you seriously trying to use an international tragedy to stroke your ego and get off to your shitty genre fiction?
>>
>>43653491
Go to bed Trump. Nobody want's your wall.
>>
>>43653476
Does anyone have that
>Oh shit he said X
screencap from a while ago? It's the best response to "why do you hate HFY?" I think it was in response to quests and furries originally but can really be adapted to anything.
>>
>>43653472
Would you waste time arguing they are?
>>
>>43651691
The problem is, usually the "you don't need other boards" meme came from the reverse. They were broad, /tg/-related topics where the discussion catered to what people desired outside of the board, so now that it has been pointed out people try to get away with the reverse, topics unrelated to TGs while trying to make it vaguely related to the board after the fact.

It's kind of like how after /n/ went down but before /pol/ was a thing, all the racists migrated to /k/ because "gunz = hates niggas" and used it as a pretext to talk about how much they hate the colored people.
>>
File: Stay Calm.png (276 KB, 394x329) Image search: [Google]
Stay Calm.png
276 KB, 394x329
>>43653040
Can't we just grieve for people that terrorists killed while also grieving for Muslim people killed by everyone else?

I mean, it's not like feeling sympathetic for murder victims is related to any sort of nationalist sentiment. It's just common human decency to want to hug people who've been mistreated, whether it's by racism or violent attacks.
>>
>>43653497

How American of you. Everything is about you or the exact same as your little spat with Mexican illegals.

Cute.
>>
>>43651897
Anon now you're just writing a movie.
>>
>>43653511

>Racist
>against Muslims

You cannot, I repeat, cannot be racist against a religious group. Get fucked.
>>
>>43653503
This statement can actually go both ways.
>Obviously human so not worth arguing
>Obviously inhuman so not worth arguing
So I shall agree to an ambiguous statement until it is clarified.
>>
>>43653497
Do you seriously think that IS wouldn't just send a bunch of their men towards Europe under the guise of being refugees too?
It's the perfect oppurtunity for fuck's sake. They'd be retarded not to.
>>
>>43653511
>common human decency

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>43651902
I've never heard of Tabletop Tuesday. This sounds like a misremembering of the origin of /tg/, which came out of Warhammer Wednesday.
>>
>>43650974
The best way I can think or to describe it is like that Indoctrination Theory for Mass Effect 3, or Darth Jar Jar for the SQ prequels, or the whole LINK IS DEAD/ASH KETCHUM IS IN A COMA horseshit.

Basically, it's kinda cute the first time you see it, but then there's that one faggot who just will not shut up about it and it's just literally, LITERALLY the best thing in the world and takes any possible opportunity to bring it up and shoehorn it into the conversation.

And that's what you HFYfags are. Annoying fuckwits who can't stop sperging about your fanfiction that "fixes" everything by being utter tripe.
>>
>>43649653
>I'm tired of X being considered the baseline or shit on by everything else

How do you manage to ignore 99% of fantasy and science fiction in order to come up with that bullshit rationalization to pretend there's a need for human wank stories?

The vast majority of stories out there features human protagonists, and almost none ever try to condemn all of humanity as weak. Most either have the protagonists succeed in their goals, or strive for some sort of balancing effort that says "humans are not just all wonderful, but contain good and bad."

If you're tired of humans always being the lead characters and winning even when the odds are stacked against them, that's sort of understandable. If you're tired of the reverse, you have to either be insane or have an unbelievably narrow library of read works, neither of which surprise me.
>>
>>43653530
What? Wasn't it Furry Friday?
>>
>>43653525
On /tg/ one of the more civil boards of 4chan

>>43653511
I'm with you.
>>
>>43653291
Only if you watch fucking FOX news

Literally everything else is all about "pls don't say mean things about Islam #notallMuslims #notmyreligion".
Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>43651219
Sounds like a win-win for me
>>
File: boots.jpg (163 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
163 KB, 850x850
>>43653520
But I want to hug people affected by racism as well as people affected by religion-based discrimination.
>>
File: bananan.png (240 KB, 800x323) Image search: [Google]
bananan.png
240 KB, 800x323
>>43653530
Yeahhh...
Pretty sure first HFY sighting was pic related.
>>
>>43653523

They already caught several of them on the way in. In September 5 guys were caught crossing the Bulgarian/Macedonian border with ISIS propaganda and videos on their phones and tried to bribe the guards to let them in after they got caught.

Hell in February Turkish intelligence services warned their police that 3k trained jihadis were seeking to cross into Turkey and then onward to who knows where.
>>
>>43653536
Warhammer Wednesday was slightly reactionary to Furry Friday, but was more about just a time for Warhammer fans to have a discussion on the only board "appropriate" for them at the time, and included the prominent drawfag of that time, B&hammer 40kun.
>>
>>43653546

That is one sexy Nazi.
>>
>>43653491
>We know that the perpetrators entered Europe this way
No we don't; We know that a passport used to enter Europe was found near a body of one of the perpetrators, "letting refugees in caused that" is hardly the only logical conclusion from that
>>
File: Nazi 01.jpg (345 KB, 850x1062) Image search: [Google]
Nazi 01.jpg
345 KB, 850x1062
>>43653569
>>
File: 1447196722345.jpg (20 KB, 482x424) Image search: [Google]
1447196722345.jpg
20 KB, 482x424
>>43652087
>Could we consider that we are the crazy/curious race?
Oh boy, THAT'S original.
>>
>>43653577

No, we know that one of the attackers entered Europe with Syrian refugees, the head of the European Commission Juncker admitted so.
>>
DESU, this whole concept of "Humanity, Fuck Yeah" sounds incredibly American. It's the kind of posturing one does when one needs to prove everyone else they're the best. People who haven't really seen conflict personally, but need to feel tough and cool.

I'm not from U.S., have lived my childhood in a shitty neighborhood. Violence every day, have had to struggle to get through the days, but survived. Went to the army, got out, got an education, worked my ass off, got a job. If push comes to shove, have to fight. Don't like it, but have to.

And as a person who's been forced to live this kind of life, this HFY stuff is incredibly embarrassing. It's the suburban middle-class white american male dream of superiority. Stop wallowing in your power fantasies, live your life.
>>
>>43653530
That's actually a well understood fiction.

Warhammer Wednesday did exist, but it was nothing to the scale that 40kids would like to pretend it was. It was an ignorable few threads that were swallowed up by the chaos of /b/, and were actually far less in number than the D&D threads on /v/ and /b/.

/tg/ was not made for 40k, but for all traditional games (hence why it's not called "wargaming" or /40k/), and the insinuation that Warhammer Wednesdays even played a part in the decision to make this board is one without any evidence, hence trying to assert that lacks the burden of proof.

If anything, the more credible theory is that /tg/ was formed because D&D and the other roleplaying games that were discussed on /v/ weren't really video games, and a traditional game board was simply a logical next step.
>>
>>43653589
> DESU

Seems there's a new word filter.
>>
>>43653589
It is literally "America Fuck Yeah" with the serial numbers filed off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54
>>
>>43653603

Our Nippon overlord seems to enjoy them.
>>
>>43653587
Source?
I'm not saying that it's not true, but I'd like to see where does that information come from
>>
>>43653603
f.a.m.
s.m.h.
t.b.h.
c.uck

Those are the censored words.
SJW was also 'censored' to be SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS, but that was just for Halloween.
>>
>>43653511
>Muslim
>people
Wat.
>>
>>43653603

What the fuck did you originally write?
>>
>>43653546
>no riding breeches
>no riding boots
0/10, wouldn't even touch with a fucking stick.
>>
>>43653617

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/15/us-france-shooting-idUSKCN0T22IU20151115

>One of the attackers seems to have followed the route taken by hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers who have crossed by boat from Turkey to the Greek Islands, before heading for EU countries to the north, mainly Germany and Sweden.

>The Serbian government said the holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen had passed through the country last month. The Interior Ministry said the man, whom it identified only by the initials A.A., had been registered at Serbia's Presevo border crossing with Macedonia on Oct. 7.

If Reuters isnt your style I'm sure you can find another source with google.
>>
>>43653631
Nvm, I thought they added more filters.

Newfag desu.
>>
>>43653631
Not him, but I think 'desu' is 'to be honest' >>43653627
>>
>>43653503
Well he's either saying that or that Muslims are the ONLY humans and we should praise their actions in France.

Which actually seems more in line with the whole HFY "anything different from me must be expunged from existence without remorse" line of thinking
>>
>>43653589
>HFY hating suburban middle class white american male here
For me, it's also related to why worldbuilding threads can so often be so cringeworthy. Sure, your setting may be amazing and inspiring to you, but to me, its an ugly block of text with too many proper nouns.
Occasionally, good writing can come out of it. But that good writing comes from the writer, not what they choose to write about.
>>
>>43653584
>eyepatch
Yuss
>>
>This paris bullshit is even here now.
Stop buying into this, idiots. Media are covering it only so they can pretend that Mizzou protests aren't taking place.
>>
>>43653650
>/tg/ is full of so many newfags.

There is literally someone posting screenshots from the board on r/4chan.

What the fuck happened to /tg/
>>
>>43653642
>The Serbian government said the holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen had passed through the country last month. The Interior Ministry said the man, whom it identified only by the initials A.A., had been registered at Serbia's Presevo border crossing with Macedonia on Oct. 7.

>It said his details were the same as those of a man who had registered in Greece on Oct. 3. Greek authorities said on Saturday the passport matched one used by someone who had landed on the island of Leros. They believe that another of the assailants may also have passed through Greece with Syrian refugees fleeing the country's civil war.
>One attacker appears to have arrived in Europe alongside Syrian refugees, seeking asylum in Serbia
>appears

That's the problem, it's just conjectures for now.
>>
File: Nazi 03.jpg (396 KB, 839x1280) Image search: [Google]
Nazi 03.jpg
396 KB, 839x1280
>>43653663
>>
>>43653603
It's been in action since Halloween.
>>
>>43653657
>For me, it's also related to why worldbuilding threads can so often be so cringeworthy.
Why exactly are you reading them?
>>
>>43653667
What the hell is r/4chan?
>>
>>43653669

The passport the guy had was matched to one used to get into Europe with a batch of refugees. Thats a bit more than conjecture.

Unless you're stating that the passport wasn't his. To which I would ask, what is your theory for its presence?
>>
>>43653675
Wait a fucking second here, freindo.
That's not how you wear a fucking iron cross is it?
>>
>>43653642
He used the same route, this does not equate "with refugees".
Also going full /pol/ now is pretty much what ISIS wants us to do, so they get even more backup.
>>
>>43653690
It's a subreddit(Subsection of Reddit), I found out about it back at >>>/pol/

One of the moderators claims he is from /tg/ and someone regularly posts screenshots of the "best" /tg/ posts there.

Reddit is full of shitty retarded memes and redditors are almost always up to no good due to their narcissism and shit sense of humor
>>
>>43653669
You forgot that the full scale police state france installed did help jackshit.
>>
>>43653682
Uhhhh...Sadomachism?
>Shit! I've been found out!
>>
>>43653667
>muh newfags

What the fuck are you on about
The filter has only been here for a short time now and I just wasn't sure which one translated to 'desu'

Get that stick out of your ass and go to your ebic /b/
>>
>>43653705
Mainstream reddit is that way.
If you look hard enough for the subreddits, you can find some decent ones, but they're plagued by similar issues as to what we gripe over in /tg/
>>
>>43653691
Lots of dead people around - could be someone else. OR it could have been stolen. The problem is - why would he even have that passport with him, if it wasn't intended for it to be found? Especially since he knew he was gonna be unidentifiable for a good while after the bombing - why help the police identify him and possibly lead them to accomplices?
>>
>>43653669
>this much mental gymnastics
>>
File: Nazi 02.jpg (156 KB, 600x827) Image search: [Google]
Nazi 02.jpg
156 KB, 600x827
>>43653693

>That's not how you wear a fucking iron cross is it?

I have no idea man, I don't have any Iron Crosses.
>>
>>43653713
>your ebic /b/

/b/ is 100% literally(literally) full of redditors now. It's full of their shit memes and lacks any originality now.
>>
>>43653675
God, I love girls eyepatches. If I was a tumblr faggot I'd say I was a transpirate or some shit like that
>>
>>43653705
>Reddit is full of shitty retarded memes and redditors are almost always up to no good due to their narcissism and shit sense of humo

So, just like 4chan?
>>
>>43653690
I think it's a subreddit? I didn't know they had one about 4chan.
>>
>>43653727
Sounds like >>43653713 was on the money, then. Off you go.
>>
>>43653727
And there's still little difference from how it was before.
They're still the same memespouting edgelords hated by every single other board
>>
>>43653737
Anything to be cool like dad.
>>
>>43653727
My post looks like fucking shit, let me rephrase it

>/b/ is 100% literally(literally) full of redditors now. It's choked with their shit memes and lacks has lost all originality

>>43653735
>So, just like 4chan?
>4CHAN IS STOOOPID AMIRITE XDDDD XDDDDD XDDDDDD

Then why are you here, faggot? Go back to reddit if you don't like this website.
>>
>>43653747
Wasn't reddit started with an astroturf movement? I don't think they had much migration from 4chan.
>>
>>43653753
The website literally has a greentexting option for commenting and they steal 80% of their memes from 4chan. Paternal enough for them.
>>
>>43653699

>Also going full /pol/ now is pretty much what ISIS wants us to do, so they get even more backup.

You act like this isn't an inevitable conclusion.

The EU's bullshit, the Paris attacks, America's ongoing disaster in Syria, scandals like Rothram, the pressure that the massive influx of refugees is causing in Germany, its not endearing people towards Islam. If this path continues you'll find scattered acts of vandalism and protests grow into something else.

Islam and the West, its a dance that will never end. Only take a break every now and then.
>>
>>43653735
>>43653748
Just because two sites are alike doesn't mean they're the same place. We may share equally in idiocy, but in different ways. And some people may enjoy /tg/'s idiocy more. And that is fine.
>>
File: white people fuck yeah.png (4 MB, 1566x8814) Image search: [Google]
white people fuck yeah.png
4 MB, 1566x8814
>>43646558
http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/islamic-invasion-pulls-trigger-europeans-scramble-for-guns/
>>
>>43653748
The way you chose to reply really just proves my point

>MUH EBIC GREENTEXT XDXD-SPAM REPLY XDXDXD

Plenty of 4chan IS full of retardes memes
Plenty of 4chan IS narcisistic, proven by the fact of how much you think you're better than reddit and the way you can't seem to defend that statement
Plenty 4chan DOES have a shitty sense of humor.

Look at boards like /b/, /v/ et fucking cetera, and tell me with a straight face that I'm wrong.
>>
>>43653763
You mean r/4chan or all of reddit?
Preeety sure all of reddit doesn't have an option for greentexting. I speak from limited experience, but still experience. I've never been to r/4chan.
>>
>>43653748
Jesus, you are mad. Complaining about 4chan being shit is a time honored tradition as old as 4chan itself.
>>
>>43653753
>>43653763
Things that have happened in real life/on tv > meme on 4chan > reddit > tumblr > 9gag, chive, etc. >normalfags on facebook > back to tumblr (look how "retro" we are!)

The process takes about 2-3 years to conclude fully.
>>
>>43653767
The point I'm making is that reddit is objectively shittier than 4chan and for the good of /tg/ we should inquisition the shit out of any reddit scum we find lest the entire board devolves into retarded repetition.

>>43653780
You can't have special functions for subreddits(I assume), so the greentexting option is global.

>>43653779
You have not seen the r/4chan comments section. It's like watching the seething horrors of the warp with only a thin sheet of glass between you and them.

/tg/ will never be the same if the redditards invade.
>>
>>43653783
This shit didn't worked that way for years. What was the last meme created by 4chan?
>>
>>43653790
You can have special functions for subreddits.The mods get to control each subreddit's CSS and other stuff, which may or may not include greentext.
>>
>>43653790
I'm not talking about /tg/
It's one of the few still decent boards.

I'm talking about 4chan as a whole, which is EXACTLY as shit as reddit and r/4chan
For fuck's sake, the fact that r/4chan exists FUCKING PROVES IT, BECAUSE THEY SHARE THE SAME FUCKING CONTENT AND JOKES

Stop trying to make it about specific parts of the websites when you need to make a point.
>>
>>43653804
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>43653790
inquisition them to find the differences so that we can cherish them and stave off any horrific mimicry? Or inquisition them as in burn their heresy to the ground before it infects our minds?
>>43653803
yeahhh...
>>
>>43653803

Trump, Law and Order: the Gamergate episode, Zim Zam, Kaz is a racist, etc.
>>
>>43653806
>FUCKING PROVES IT, BECAUSE THEY SHARE THE SAME FUCKING CONTENT AND JOKES

Not exactly. Imagine 4chan as a race of highly-advanced aliens, who are able to create fine pieces of machinery.

Redditors are much more primitive, and can only stand in awe before the creations of 4channers, but at the end of the day their brain functions are too simple to grasp the 4channer's creation.

Translated: The r/4chan comment section looks like it's full of retarded ADHD kids that couldn't produce content on their own if their lives depended on it and more and more of these fuckers are pouring into 4chan each day.
>>
>>43653748
>complains about >muh reddit and >muh newfags
>flips his shit when someone calls 4chan shit, which as >>43653781 is a fucking staple on this website

Why don't you fuck off right back to reddit yourself.
Arrived here in the summer of 2014 doesn't make you not a newfag.
>>
>>43653811
A former redditor? I'm not going to lie about it. Even if I wasn't you were going to suspect me of it anyway. I'm not the other people in the argument, only
>>43653804
>>43653780
>>43653767
>>43653753
>>43653719
>>43653711
>>43653657
There's a few more, but they aren't related to this discusion.
>>
>>43653818
Not to mention the various things contained on small parts of every board.
Hell, every single general on /vg/ has it's own arsenal of crappy memes.
>>
>>43653825
>The r/4chan comment section looks like it's full of retarded ADHD kids that couldn't produce content on their own if their lives depended on it

So, just like 4chan with the exception of a handful of individual posters?
You realise that 'meme' actually fucking implies that you need an userbase like that for it to become a meme, right?
>>
>>43653829
I know that it is a common joke among oldfags, but this redditors are massively profiting off this mentality. It temporarily has to stop.
>>
>>43653803
Read the post again, and then think about the things being wordfiltered right now.
>>
>>43653790
A lot of their shittery is tongue in cheek, for large portions of their website, they're more normal.
>>
>>43653849
>So, just like 4chan with the exception of a handful of individual posters?

You seriously haven't seen reddit. It is like 4chan from a first glance, but their content is so much more simplistic and stupid.
>>
>>43653806
>It's one of the few still decent boards
Kekkles
>>
>>43653850
Except actual redditors think 4chan is le amazing dark place XD where all the memes are born.

Face it you cunt, the fact that you have such a gigantic aversion to reddit and feel the need to name it in discussions that have 0 things to do with it proves that you are some maymaytastic cunt with a /b/ mentality (in other words, the exact same as a reddit mentality)

>>43653860
I have, and it's the same shit.

You just want to feed your narcissist superiority complex you claimed the redditors have in >>43653705
>>
>>43653860
I'm more put off by the circlejerk mentality its design breeds with upvotes or whatever.
>>
>>43653875
Compared to most other boards? Yes it is.
Though I'll admit it's falling to the same direction as /v/, which is mostly to thank to people like the MUH REDDIT cunt that's been screeching in this thread.
>>
>>43653363
>Nice anecdote. My own experiences, and those I have observed in others, tell the opposite. People only react with fear if they have been taught to be afraid. Wary but curious is what I'd call the default human setting. We will do incredibly dumb things just to see what will happen.

That's also a meaningless anecdote
>>
>>43653875
what do you think is decent instead, or are we all equally shit?
>>
>>43653803
Bane
>>
>>43653877
Same, but let's not pretend that 4chan isn't full of circlejerking.

The bigger issue I have with Reddit is that people judge what others say more on WHO says it and how many upvotes they have.
>>
>>43653877
The sad thing is that the system wasn't supposed to do that in the first place. Though in the subreddits where upvoting and downvoting posts is turned off, the circlejerk is remarkably lessened.
>>
>>43653803
Pepe is huge among the normies atm.

>>43653906
>Same, but let's not pretend that 4chan isn't full of circlejerking.

It isn't, you faggot. The very fact that we are having debates that have equal amounts of people on both sides means that 4chan, (or at the least /tg/) is anything but a circlejerk,
>>
>>43651219
Muslims SHOULD be discriminated against without any sort of moral outrage.
They are the a bunch of medieval savages, that should not be allowed into western countries. Those animals are unable to integrate into a modern society. Violence is the only thing they understand.

Just like we should not tolerate pests in our gardens and farms, we shouldn't tolerate mudslimes in our societies, for the only things they bring are more violence, rape, and financial problems.
>>
> American used as an insult

When will these ferners learn?
>>
>>43653906
In more niche subreddits, WHO wasn't much of a matter (I don't know anyone's username) and somtimes upvotes didn't matter that much.
>>43653917
Unless you see circlejerking as always getting into the same arguments over and over again with no progress.
>>
>>43653906
4chan's circlejerks (which this thread was supposed to be one of) are not controlled by a few people deciding which posts you should see.
>>
>>43653917
If 4chan is proud of Pepe then it has fallen upon dark times indeed.

And not just because it's a twice warped perversion rather than any sort of original content.

Wonder if anyone remembers the original comics.
>>
>>43646558
How the hell do you squeeze HFY out of that? I mean, in what way does it speak well of humanity as a whole?
>>
>>43653917
>(or at the least /tg/)
There's your problem.
I mentioned multiple times in this thread that /tg/ is an exception, as are some other boards.

Go to any popular board and say something tumblr would agree with, and they'll verbally beat you up.

/v/, /b/, /pol/, /a/ and many other boards will just memespam you with reaction images if you say something against the general consensus.
>>
>>43653929
>With no progress.

This is completely up to the users. It's up to the user to use the "Lol Xtians if u hate gays then y do you eat le shellfish xddddddd" despite the fact that his argument has already been disproved hundreds of times.
>>
>>43653933
You mean pic related?
>>43653932
You know, there are certain links you can click on reddit that take you to listings of posts where only time matters, not upvoting, where you are not censored by the upvote overlords.
>>
>>43653932
That is true, but if you read my post again I did mention that they are not comparable.
Reddit's worse on the circlejerk department, but my point is that we shouldn't act high and mighty like we don't do it.
>>
>>43653948
Yes, yes. I agree. Its less of a circlejerk than it could be. But deep down you have this nagging suspicion that it is, unless of course you don't.
>>
>>43650908
>HFY is still one of the purest forms of /tg/ out there
You usually need to write for there to be traditional games, but writing isn't automatically related to traditional games. You're thinking of /lit/. It's fucking horrid writing as well.
>>
>>43653952
No, I didn't know that. I try not to know much about that place.
>>
>>43653967
>OH GOD, why did you have to remind me.
>>
>>43653963
>But deep down you have this nagging suspicion that it is

I've actually seen SJW bitching evolve(Until it became kill) in it's own special way as time progressed - certainly not something you'd see in a circlejerk.
>>
>>43653972
I live by know thine enemy. And usually in these kinds of debates, both sides aren't really that bad.
>Yes I am a filthy indecisive moderate "both sides of the argument have their points"
>>
>>43653408
/b/tards often give /b/ credit for things it didn't do, just because that was the first place the /b/tard saw it occur.
>>
File: 1cc.gif (2 MB, 180x140) Image search: [Google]
1cc.gif
2 MB, 180x140
>>43646558
>All these anons took the b8

Thanks Mr. Fisherman, you found out how to break /tg/. I used to think this board was moderately intelligent.
>>
>>43654035
It hasn't been about HFY for a while now.
We're talking about reddit now.
>>
>>43654035
Its more due to the anons who projected their own superior bait onto OP's broken post. So we end up with at least five bait arguments running along smoothly.
>>
>>43653825
>The r/4chan comment section looks like it's full of retarded ADHD kids that couldn't produce content on their own if their lives depended on it and more and more of these fuckers are pouring into 4chan each day.

So you're saying that you're no longer the majority opinion on 4chan?

Perhaps it's time for you to leave, since you don't fit in anymore.
>>
>>43654080
>Perhaps it's time for you to leave, since you don't fit in anymore.
>YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE REST SO LEAVE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I hope you are not the person who was also complaining about circlejerks.
>>
>>43654080
>Perhaps it's time for you to leave, since you don't fit in anymore.

Not everybody has the same SJW hugbox mentality, faggot.
>>
>>43654098
I think the person who was complaining about r/4chan comment section was the guy complaining about circlejerks. But yes, still irony.
>>
>>43654147
so you're a sadomasochist?
>though really, aren't we all if we're here?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.