[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a good RTS thread going? I am in the mood for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Rise of legends.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Rise of legends.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Can we get a good RTS thread going? I am in the mood for some /tg/ related RTS games but any good ones would do.
>>
>>43637660
For example did anyone ever play Heroes of Annihilated Empires? It sort of has my interest but I don't know if it would be good or not.
>>
>>43637684
yes. Not a bad game but not particularly well balanced. Good flow and UI, however one time I played a multiplayer game against a friend which resulted in a stalemate. I got to a point where I could constantly produce huge waves of skeletons and his Dwarf Hero got to a point where it couldn't be killed fast enough. Resource generation was so abundant no damage could be done faster than it could be fixed.
>>
>>43637908
How does it work if you don't play rts style vs someone who does?
>>
>>43637942
that's what happened, we hit stalemate. Now it has been a while but I'm pretty sure my hero became available later and got as wildly powerful as the Dwarf, but I don't think there was every any way to put a dent in the dude. It was a weird multiplayer session, to say the least.
Kohan II kings of war was pretty good.
>>
>>43637977
I mean how do you play it that way? Is it just one super powered dude fighting as many mooks as you can throw at him? Seems a bit unfair.
Kohan looks interesting. I kept ignoring it because I am a retard who cant read and thought it was a conan game.
>>
>>43638030
I was on the RTS side, but yeah. We were both new to the game so it got to a point where there was no endgame resource sink. My suggestion is you try it though, I can't describe it that well from the one time I played it. It was pretty easy to get into.
>>
>>43637660
you can, on >>>/v/
>>
I just saw a /tg/-related comics thread being removed, so good luck.

Remember, having fun is not allowed.
>>
>>43638263
Goblins thread DELETED

Vidya game thread? STAY AROUND BOYS
>>
>>43638241
/v/ hates rts games as far as I can tell. To much depends on clicking fast, rushing and micro management.
>>
Are the stronghold games any good? I always looked past them back in the day.
>>
>>43638352
the old ones are amazing, Stronghold and Crusaders. The others are bad. But jesus are the first ones great
>>
>>43638758
What about legends? Is that the fantasy one? It seems to be grouped in with stronghold and crusaders on steam.
>>
>>43638352

You don't know what you're missing
>>
>>43638821
Is fighting from the walls good? I have always been a fan of fighting defensive sieges.
>>
>>43638286

>/v/ hates RTS games

Yeah, that'll be the day.
>>
>>43638821

Which games could you recommend?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.