[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: warhammer general new.jpg (718 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
warhammer general new.jpg
718 KB, 1024x768
Don't bully anybody but Carnac edition.
New Models Soon Sub-Edition

RIP and stay safe Frenchbros Real Life Edition (And Nipponbros)

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kickass.to/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V5.pdf

FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1001x2168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1001x2168
>>43627776
First for best chapter
>>
>>43627199
>>43627377
Ahhh okay. Seeing what you guys said, then I got:

Company Command Squad - 194 points
-Boltgun for Company Commander
-Astropath
-Master of Ordinance
-Officer of the Fleet
-Plasma Guns for two Veterans
-Medi-pack for one Veteran
-Regimental Standard for fourth Veteran
-All Veterans have Carapace Armor

2 Commissars - 26 x 2 = 52 points
-Boltgun

Primaris Psyker - 75 points
Psyker Master Level 2

1 Ministorum Priest - 25 points
-Autogun

---Troops---

Infantry Platoon

Platoon Command Squad - 71 points
-Boltgun for Commander
-Flamer
-Heavy Flamer
-Medi-pack
-Platoon Standard

3x Infantry Squads - 56 x3 = 168 points
-Boltgun for Sergeant
-Flamers for two squads
-Grenade launcher for one squad

3x Heavy Weapon Squads - 75 + 105 + 120 = 300 points
-First squad has Autocannon
-Second squad has Lascannon
-Third squad has Missile launcher with Flakk Missiles upgrade

Special Weapons Squad - 60 points
-All three possible weapon upgrades are meltaguns

Vets

2x Veteran Squads - 120 x 2 = 240 points
-Plasma guns
-Carapace armor

---Elites---

Militarum Tempestus Platoon

3x 4 Militarum Tempestus Scions with Tempestor - 100 x 3 = 300 points
-Plasma guns for two Scions per unit

Comes out to 1485 points.

Still wondering if I should just have almost 7 Chimeras, or 2 Leman Russ' + Enginseer with a Servitor + 1 Chimera to go along with this making it a 2000 point army.

>Again, I'm just wondering where you're going to put them.
1 Commissar for Infantry Platoon
1 Commissar for the first Veteran Squad
1 Priest for the second Veteran Squad
1 Psyker for the Militarum Tempestus Platoon
>>
File: sob77.jpg (1 MB, 1080x2210) Image search: [Google]
sob77.jpg
1 MB, 1080x2210
So, confirmed new models are

Reclussiarch(?) Blood Angel
Tank Commander IG?

Anything else?

SoB?
>>
Small/elite Imperial Guard force. Possibly commando-based. How do?
>>
>>43627822
Demo veterans
Deep striking Scions
>>
>>43627822
Harakoni Warhawks.
>>
I miss based Chicken Little
>>
>>43627822
Elysian D-99 rules
Tempestus Scions

strongarm someone into playing third edition and using the Catachan Jungle Fighting rules
>>
>>43627857
Scions? Oh right, those are what they're calling Stormtroopers these days.

Also... Did they remove the opportunity for Grenadier vets with Carapace armor?

>>43627883
Is that a thing that we can make now?
>>
>>43627892
You mean the guy who got chased away by the slavshitposter?
>>
>>43627926
Nope. Vets can still upgrade to Grenadiers or the other ones.
>>
>>43627926
Make them by combining stormtroopers and D-99.
>>
>>43627817
You're going to want at least one chimera for your special weapon squad. other than that don't plan so far ahead and feel like you need to buy all these scions and stuff.
Don't forget your command squad can't move and call down a basilisk shot (without gaining relentless from warlord traits/psyker fuckery) if you want to get in with the plasma guns.

Once you get your first models you should play test it to get a feel for what you want/need.
>>
>>43627933
Cool. Why would I go for Demo vets instead, if focusing on a small, elite army?

>>43627951
Aren't Elysians FW-exclusive models?
>>
>>43627929
Carnac was the one being subjected to the "proofs?" Chicken. The guy just gave up. Carnac won't, cause he's too autistic.

Eventually enough people on /tg/ will be willing to demand him gone and Hiro might do it. Who knows.

>>43627822
Temp Scions. Those dudes from Anphilion Project (dunno how that works as they all died...). Those Elite DKoK guys? Those Elite Elysians from Taros Campaign? There is also that other IA book with the Raven Guard, had elite Elysians too. Marbo.
>>
>>43627977
There's nothing stopping you from using their rules with other miniatures.
>>
>>43627977
I didn't suggest demo vets, but maybe it's cause demo charges are powerful and can fuck stuff up? I'm not sure.
>>
>>43627990
No, you mistaking the Chicken little guy with the /pol/ chicken guy.
>>
>>43627991
Oh, right. Of course For some reason I assumed >>43627951 was talking about kitbashing them.

Anyone got a D-99 PDF or something hanging around?

Not gonna lie, I'm really tempted to model a bunch of special characters off of Valkyria Chronicles for shits and giggles. Also because RPG Lances sound like an Imperial thing to do, honestly.
>>
Help me /tg/ I want to make a semi-competitive list built mainly on vanilla Ogryn's.

I don't mind if everything else has to be horrendous cheese, including FW stuff. I just want it to be viable whilst having my main force be Ogre.
>>
I know this is mostly unrelated to 40k discussion and I apologise in advance, but is the GW online store prone to fucking things up?

I preordered Calth last week and received an email yesterday saying my order was on its way. I also however just got my credit card statement and the charge from GW had been reversed.
>>
>>43627951
Okay. As an Imperial Guard player who's been moonlighting as a Dark Eldar player recently, the idea of D-99 is fucking EPIC.

Again, does anyone have a rules PDF for them? Or know where I can find said rules?
>>
>>43628110
Kind of, if they properly fuck up you can take advantage of it pretty easily though.

I had one of my orders deliver my local GW even though I paid for postage to my house for some reason.

It didn't arrive for over a week so I contacted support and they sent me another one and then I just picked up the one from the shop so I got 2 for free.

Just contact customer services and complain and as long as you bought it from their website they'll probably send you one ASAP.
>>
>>43628108
Not possible.
>>
>>43628152
in the OP, Imperial armour 4 2nd edition
>>
>>43628200
To clarify, it looks like they did send it but they also gave me a full refund.

I guess i'll wait it out and see if it actually arrives then go from there.
>>
>>43628108
Must it be Ogryns or are Bullgryn's fair game too? Also when you say main force, do you mean main force as in Primary Detachment must have Ogryns or are you saying you just want more Ogryns than everything else in your list? Finally, just how competitive we talking about here? If this is just for use at the local meta, could you give us a rundown of your local meta?
>>
>>43628237
Really? Not even with Servin Loth & other FW shinnanegans?
>>
>>43628108
Ogryns only? as in just the kind with the short range cannon? Does it matter if they are mixed?

Basically you want ogryns with brute shields and maul, deadly in melee vs anything that doesn't have a 2+ save because of how many high strength attacks.
Add a priest to each squad to keep them moving and give them re-rolls in melee
The rest of your force is veterans in chimeras with dual plasma guns.
You'll need some anti-tank, so a few vanquishner russes with a lascannon will do well, you can make them your HQ, in which case I suggest taking 2 teams of 2-3 tanks total.
You can also have a unit of ogryn with the shields that boost cover saves, then give your tanks camo netting and move up together using them as a shield.
Basically all the guard do is kill tanks and 2+ save things, while the ogryn beat on stuff with their weapons.

Would actually work very well overall, just not against top tier super meta WAAC faggots. You shouldn't play them anyway.

>>43628237
Don't listen to this fool

>>43628296
He never said, though if he really wanted to I think there is some ogryn renegades he could use in a chaos army.

>>43628321
It's possible, I never included invisa spam or anything in the above idea because it's really not worth it, you want the opponent to waste shots on the guys with brute shields.
>>
>>43628321
>>43628108
I should note that I just though about it and instead of doing as ogryns, you could run them as a psudo-terminator force if you just wanted to use the models. Dark angels or something, storm bolters, assault cannons and what have you. Would be cool.
>>
Any news on any 40k vidya games? DoW 3? The Battlefleet Gothic game? Why do I find myself sort of more hyped for the latter than DoW 3? Because maybe using gigantic cathedrals to fight space battles sounds more awesome?
>>
>>43628429
There's actually a 40K MMO in the works. Eternal Crusade, look it up. I don't read their emails so I have no clue how it's doing though.

I'll never get a 40K vidya that stars Impguard, will I?
>>
What shits on Guard infantry spam? Theres an insufferable fuck at my local club and everyone ones to see him eat shit.
>>
>>43628481

270 points of Lobbas.

That's 15 Str 5 Ap5 48" small blasts that don't need LOS. Kills Guard on 2+.
>>
>>43628481
Blast Templates.
>>
>>43628522
This, I play IG and hubcaps ruin me
>>
>>43628465
>Eternal Crusade
Yeah, no. I'm not too sure it'll be a success. McNeill wrote the plot if I remember correctly so what happens is anyone's guess. Wait.
>Super weapon that'll totally change the fate of the galaxy
Nothing unusual. Everybody get back to spraying daemon repellent, saying no to Word Bears, and bashing Nid skulls in.
>I'll never get a game that stars Impguard will I?
There a lot of things that can kill guardsmen easily, so the game would have to be featuring low to mid tier threats. I'm waiting for Commissar Stimulator/Simmulator. We already have Ork Simmulator/Stimulator if you picture yourself as Ork while playing Besiged.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-17-00-26.png (517 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-17-00-26.png
517 KB, 1440x2560
Saw this on Spikey Bitz. Made me angry.
>>
Probably stupid question, but how do I download something from MEGA? I'm trying to get the IA book with D-99 rules, but I've "downloaded" it three times and nothing.
>>
>>43628590
Why?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-18-02-57.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-18-02-57.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>43628590
And this.
>>
>>43628595
She's the Warhammer version of a "Gamer Gurl" or something, I guess?
>>
>>43628481
what is you're army? it should be incredibly easy to wipe guard infantry spam off the board
>>
>>43628481
You want to know the best way to shit on IG infantry spam? IG Vulture spam.
>>
>>43628590
>>43628599
Stop letting silly things bother you.
>>
>>43628343
That's pretty much what I had in mind. Depending on points level I thought it would be funny to get ally in a land raider crusader. Then I remember the bullgryns are very bulky so probably not the best of ideas. However, Double CAD for the Guard, five squads of bullgryns, flesh tearer detachment for 6 drop pods. Could be even funnier
>>
>>43628564
>I'm not too sure it'll be a success. McNeill wrote the plot if I remember correctly so what happens is anyone's guess. Wait.
Not that guy, but I'm looking forward for eternal crusade: I don't care about the gameplay nor the story much though, the idea of running around as an ork smashing tyranids skulls and eldar asses with flashy weapons is enough of a win situation for me, not enough to preorder, but still.
>>
>>43628599
Nice tits.
>>43628600
I'm guessing this is it.
>>43628617
This.
>>
>>43628631
Are Nids in the game? It's been a while since I was updated on the game.
>>
>>43628590
Are you perhaps mistaking disappointment or cringe with rage? It's not healthy
>>
>>43628664
Yes they are (literally) the npc race. I think.
>>
>>43628617
>>43628641
>>43628668
It wasnt her, it was the tit-poppage.
>>
>>43628697
That's what was bothering you?

Get over it.
>>
>>43628664
As npcs, mostly for instanced underground missions
there have been talks about a survival mode against them or players actually having the possibility to control a carnifex, but for now it's better to take them for what they are: unsupported promises
>>
>>43628564
>Eternal crusade
It's not an MMO anymore. It's a massed shooter. Feels like a Space marine/Battlefield mix. Fairly fun, if I'm being honest.
All the chaos marines sound like Immortan Joe, so that's a definite plus.
>>
>>43628429
>>43628465
>>43628564
40k Games:

Battlefleet Gothic (RTS + Minor Sim)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysu6hAT50z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWteWul9cBE (NEW Gameplay trailer, 11/9/15 or 9/11/15)

Space Hulk: Deathwing (Squad Based FPS/4 Player CO-OP, Minor RPG Elements)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQhSiAKdBxM (Gameplay footage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU (In-Game Engine Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT8LQnImiI (In-Game Engine 1st Trailer)

Warhammer 40,000: Martyr (Hack and Slash Inquisitor RPG, Action RPG, Diablo-esqe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTdMC4N6Kd4 (Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhFASxHiqI (15min gameplay + dev commentary footage)

Warhammer 40,000: Regicide (Chess with additional turns)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyHAftfayP8 (Lets Play Footage)

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus (MOBA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdpEwovrsg (Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uC2OXDCvHY (Dev Blog + Gameplay)

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade (MMO)
No videos outside of pre-alpha.
>>
>>43628718
So are you saying that it's closer or further from planetside now?
>>
File: test symbol.png (105 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
test symbol.png
105 KB, 700x600
Hey /tg/, posted in the last thread about making a warband badge for a renegade space marine chapter, theme: tzeentchian conspiracy theorist marines driven insane by the whispers of a daemon prince, who now terrorize the galaxy in the name of crazy numerology/sacred geometry bullshit only they understand.

I've narrowed it down to 4 designs, right now I'm heavily leaning toward B as it looks kinda like the US dollar pyramid which is often associated with conspiracies. Also keep in mind that 1) I'm making these decals myself on white decal paper so it has to be a simple shape I can cut like a triangle and 2) this decal with be on an orange pauldron (overall power armor scheme is blue/orange with silver highlights).
>>
>>43628688
Shame but that's the only way to do Nids though. Funny how the only hero the Tyranids needed was one Hive Tyrant in Retribution. Oddest self insert if I saw so myself.
>>43628697
>>43628706
Now we have answer.
>>43628714
Now the DISTRACTION CARNIFEX can take one for the team. Probably would be me, but as a distraction Termaguant.
>>43628718
Sounds interesting.
>All marines sound like Immortan Joe
>One Chaos Lord cloned himself to make a warband of himself to make sure he'll be everlasting
>>
>>43628697
Girls showing tits to attract attention has been a thing since forever, m8.
It could have been worse: She could have been a landwhale
>>
>>43628765
>saw
>say
Fixed.
>>43628745
Thanks, Anon.
>Deathwing
My hype died a little for it but I can't remember why. Something went bad or something.
>>
>>43628481
Thunderfire cannons
Anything with flamers
The entire pyromancy discipline (have you fuckers forgotten about it?)
Whirlwinds
Flamers of tzeentch
Tau, tau blow them apart nicely, at least a real tau player that actually takes fire warriors would
Most everything that SoB have, aside melta guns
Wyvrnns
Helldrakes
Tyranid crones (with the flamer attack thing)
The eldar vibro cannon? Whatever the thing that wounds on int
Skullcannons of khorne

And so on

>>43628621
A single force of guard works, you don't need to double CAD them.
If anything, have the orgyn come out of a CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT
>>
>>43628791
Nothing happened to Deathwing at all.
>>
>>43627952
True, you got a point, BUT

>>43627822
This is making me wonder: is it possible to run a CCS, usual 2 vets squads in Chimeras, a tempestus scion platoon (maybe with Taurox Primes not sure), and fuck ton of Valkyries and Vendettas making it an Apocalypse Now style Vietnam Commandos army of badasses which makes you play Flight of The Valkyrie on repeat while blasting the shit out of the enemy? (Ratlings and Wyrdvane Psykers optional for more elite guys)
>>
>>43628823
Huh. My memory is fuzzy then. The Mayrt game has caught my interest.
>>
>>43628791
Was it the mariachi music, the shitty recorded and a bit repetitive gameplay footage or the lack of news?
>>
>>43628856
>Muh gregorian chanting
>>
>>43628812
I wanted double CAD so I can take more Bullgryns and cram them into drop pods. That was pretty much it, really.
>>
>>43628856
>Mariachi Music

Which people don't get. It's to represent the last stand of the Deathwing, you know, the whole basis they were created.

>bit repetitive gameplay

As opposed to what game? Vermintide is repetitive too... CoD is repetitive... Dark Souls is repetitive. What game ISN'T?

Lack of news is a good point thou. It's shocking nothing has come out about it since the shitty quality recording.

>>43628851
There are other 40k games announced, but iOS. Like Freeblade, which is essentially 40k Mech combat.

DoW3 is probably going to be announced at E3 next year. They re-registered the domain name a few months ago, and recently released new maps for DoW1 and DoW2... and SEGA put out a Jew Priced DLC for DoW2 as well which was MORE GORE.
>>
>>43628866
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it myself, especially the fan versions, but I've seen it has been a reason for discussion for others.
>>
>>43628856
>the shitty recorded and a bit repetitive gameplay footage or the lack of news?
The last two.
>The Marciachi music
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk
But, Anon, now we know a function for the Watchers in the Dark.
>>
>>43628846
>is it possible
Yes, you keep all that stuff in reserve, use augur arrays on your ground vehicles, put them behind an aegis line and give it a comms relay. Turn 2 everything arrives and you light the sky on fire.
You can also take that FW guard flyier with the twin linked punisher cannon and stuff.

>>43628892
They are elite slot guys, you can have 3 units without needing an extra detachment. I don't really think you need more than 2 desu
>>
>>43628904
>and SEGA put out a Jew Priced DLC for DoW2 as well which was MORE GORE.
>Must pre-order for more "gifts"
>>
>>43628935
I wanted 6 slots of Bullgryns. 5 in drop pods, one on foot. It would be a thing of hilarity, I reckon. I wonder how the whole list would look like at the end of the day...
>>
File: Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>43628812
>Suggesting Hive Crone over Biovores
>>
File: 1447069742958.png (689 KB, 817x1011) Image search: [Google]
1447069742958.png
689 KB, 817x1011
for any IG looking for sneaky shenanigans

>can be taken as an elites choice in the standard guard codex
>>
>>43628997
Why do you keep posting the out of date version?

Look up the siege of Vraks.
>>
>>43629011
That's the most up to date version for regular imperial guard.
>>
>>43628968
With blood angels?
Alright, so you take blood angel dreads. HQ is libby dread, any other dreads as you see fit. They get pods as well.

With orgyn and dreads, you should be able to mop up pretty easily, especially if you took veterans and CCS with plasma/melta and such. Basically all drop pods, no marines (maybe some scouts, who knows, counts as veterans with carpace or something)

>>43628991
Because biovores need a new model before I can suggest anyone buy them. Finecast be dammed
>>
>>43628296
>>43628343
By Mostly Ogryn's I mean I want at least 2 squads of 6 Vanilla Ogryn's and possibly a Bullgryn squad. I'm in the process of converting Ogre kingdoms into Ogryn's in a not-shit way (resculpting the arms so they can carry their guns in both hands) and I'm in love with the models.

I'm not too concerned with making an Ogre Deathstar and buffing them to shit, I'd just like it if they could be the main ground-troops of my army and stomp any enemy infantry in the face.

>>43628296
Not neccesary primary detatchment, probably just 1 AM CAD and 3 squads of 6 Ogryn in a 1850 point list.

Definitely want it to be imperium as well because the Renegades and heretics Ogryn are pretty shit.

>If this is just for use at the local meta
Local meta is pretty big so there's a diverse range. Being able to compete with a NON-cheesy Eldar/ Tau list would be preferable.
>>
>>43628697
Cleavage bothers you? Wow anon, you need to lighten up.
>>
Which based chinaman makes decent Land Speeders. I need at least three.

CCON doesn't have anything and I haven't heard good thing on Z's vehicles.

Anywhere besides ebay I can look for 2nd hand?
>>
>>43629033
>Because biovores need a new model before I can suggest anyone buy them. Finecast be dammed
Buy some sweet metal Pyrovores and proxy them, looks good and works like a charm
>>
>>43628935
How much is a Comms Relay for an Aegis Line? I know the line itself is 50 points. But yeah since this can be done Imma do this instead of the previous army idea.
>>
>>43629038
>carry their guns in both hands
Ogryn are strong enough to carry them with one hand, only problem then is they might drop the gun as they shoot.

>>43629208
70 points total
>>
>>43628481
You must be the shittiest player in the shittiest region to have someone fielding a guard blob army be a threat/asshat. Find a new hobby or kill yourself.
>>
>>43629317
>Ogryn are strong enough to carry them with one hand, only problem then is they might drop the gun as they shoot.
exactly, so if you want them to look like they'll actually use their guns you have to reposition the arms.
>>
How would blobguard fare against daemons?

Facing my daemons army against my mate who plays blobguard soon. Not the same anon as above, just wondering.
>>
>>43629317
Okay, that leaves me with 1919 points. Will probs give a Vet Sarge a boltgun to make it an even 1920. What should I spend the last 80 points on? A Tempestus Scion Squad with a 10 point weapon?
>>
>>43629453
Depends entirely on what you're running really.
>>
>>43629530
Uh melee heavy with tonnes of psyker backup?

Uh Bloodthirsters and... dude to be honest I bring a lot of everything.
>>
File: the train.jpg (83 KB, 920x505) Image search: [Google]
the train.jpg
83 KB, 920x505
Would I be allowed to field the TRAIN O PAIN in my skitarii/cult mechanicus army and how effective would it be?
>>
>>43629688
Against WAACfags? No.

Against normal people? Sure.

I can't remember it very well, but I think it's good at Tank Shocking.

IA14 should be Tau vs Admech and have all the rules of 30k models for 40k, but, as usual, FW don't release information to get people hyped.
>>
>>43628764
Try b but red instead of orange
>>
>>43629891
Literally nothing substantial has been said on IA14 nor who will feature in it.

Sauce on it being Tau vs Admech please. Otherwise it's just wishlisting.
>>
>>43629891
I go against a small group, one person uses khorne daemonkin with a LoS and another who plays tau with two riptides but has zero markerlights so I have it pretty easy. Now I'm super hyped for the ia14.
>>
Besides my codex where can I read more about Dark Angel lore?
>>
>>43630092
As dumb as it sounds I read lore on 1d4chan for bulk, however there are more than enough 40k wikis out there and most all say different things so they can be good sources too. In the OP post you can also find the older Dark Angels codexs and they'll have lore that was left out in newer updates unfortunately as they need room for model pictures
>>
>>43630092
Descent of Angels? The other HH books about the DA whose names I can't remember?
>>
>>43630040
>Sauce on it being Tau vs Admech please
The massive fucking diorama's a bit of a hint.

They made a huge diorama with ultra's vs. daemon and made a book for it. I'd be surprised if they made a massive Tau vs Admech diorama just for shits.
>>
>>43630186
What diorama?
>>
>>43630092

Also if I understand the lore corret does no one but the Watchers of the Dark and the Chapter Master know that Lion is in the Rock?

The inner circle knows about Luther though right?

Are they really chasing Cypher just for the sword?

How well would it fit my Ravenwing Soul Drinker's fluff to give my friends KDK's gorepack's Juggerlord a sword on his back
>>
File: 1447214872975.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2432) Image search: [Google]
1447214872975.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2432
>>43630193
>>
>>43629608
Well out of troops only pink horrors and plaguebearers will do well vs blobguard.

Tzeentch phsycic powers all do pretty well.

GUO's can't be hurt my lasgun fire.

Skull cannons will probably come in handy if you have any.

With big expensive MC's you have to be careful as with 'Bring it Down!' and prescience even regular guardsmen can do shitloads of damage.
>>
whats the name of the short story where humans(and others) are on a gigantic ship for generations and dont know it?
>>
>>43630092
Deathwing anthology, trials of azrael, the primarchs HH book has a story about Lion and those previously mentioned.
>>
>>43630233
Wow holy shit.

Tau are going to get rekt in that battle.

>>43630245
What does bring it down do?
>>
>>43630251
Why doesn't anyone mention Lords of Caliban.
>>
>>43630193
This one >>43630233 you can't see it too well in the picture but the admech force in it has both 30k and 40k units in the army.
>>
Commissar is there to help Bullgryn deal with Land raiders and 2+ save HQs.
How am I doing?

Imperial Guard 750 points

Lord Commissar (105 points)
- Carapace armour
- Power fist
- Emperor's Benediction
- Melta bombs

Ministorum Priest (25 points)

Bullgryn (280 points)
- (x3) additional Bullgryn

Veterans (105 points)
- (x2) Meltagun
- Heavy Flamer
- Carapace armour

Veterans (105 points)
- (x2) Meltagun
- Heavy Flamer
- Carapace armour

(x2)
Chimera (65 points) (x2) = 130 points
- Multilaser
- Heavy Flamer
>>
>>43630248

Wall-E
>>
>>43630259
>ordinatus
no shit :>
>>
>>43630297
Never mind the ordinatus, the goddamn warlord Titan can annihilate entire armies in one salvo.
>>
>>43630259
IIRC gives them monster hunter. I think you can combine it with 1st rank 2nd rank fire, so 20 guardsmen would be able to fire 60 Lasgun shots that reroll to wound on MC's.

Ofcourse GUO's don't give a shit about this anyway though as they can't be wounded.

FMC's won't care much for it either, as long as they are in the air.
>>
>>43630212
I'm not sure on how many know that the Lion is there, but it's not more than a handful and no one knows exactly where he is but the watchers.

Yeah the inner circle knows about the betrayal.

They're hunting down cypher because he's fallen and was really fucking important, everything else is secondary. Surely they do want the blade back though.

What even is the fluff you've came up with? I thought you were just running ravenwing under a different name and scheme. Other than that implying the lord is cypher is dumb.
>>
>>43630324
Ok I shall send a bloodthirster at it. Perfect plan.

Bloodletters actually seem perfect to mow down swathes of guardsmen. Plus fear might actually be useful for once. He can't put a commissar on everything.
>>
>>43630324
Orders cannot stack. Best thing he could do is to prescience them, then use bring it down.
>>
>>43629891
If we are wishing for IA 14 I really want orbs vs admech, with a real release of the rules for the dread mob.
Machines vs machines fuck yeah.
>>
>>43630397

>>43630233
>>
>>43630359
>Bloodletters actually seem perfect to mow down swathes of guardsmen
They're not. They are literally the shittest option you could take vs Guard. They are T3 so they can be murdered by lasgun fire and you don't need AP3 if Guardsmen only have flakk armour.
>>
>>43630259
>Tau are going to get rekt in that battle.

In fluff? Heck, no.

The only Forgeworld in the Dovar system, which is the center of the Imperium and Tau struggle, is Halfus. Guess what happened to it? It fell to the Tau.
>>
>>43630525
They have both the ordinatus and the warlord there. I don't understand how they could lose. Hell, the Warlord on its own could probably solo everything there. The thing is fucking insane.
>>
Btw not related to the thread but the death toll in Paris is now over 150 so far. Just fyi.
>>
>>43628481
Take chaos renegades and outnumber him in bodies with flamers
>>
>>43630593
>Implying there are not 6 Tau'nar supremacy suits ready for action off screen

Don't worry, The Tau got this one
>>
>>43630654
My money is still on the admech. The ordinatus is there too.
>>
>>43630611
And so it begins, the radicalization of Europe and the end of an era.
>>
File: WIPpurplebike2.png (1 MB, 1293x344) Image search: [Google]
WIPpurplebike2.png
1 MB, 1293x344
>>43630351

My army is an offshoot of the Soul Drinkers, only not corrupted . They are thought to be born of an Imperial Fist Assault squad which I thought fit Ravenwing a bit.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Drinkers
>>
File: Ork_Nobz.jpg (88 KB, 383x593) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Nobz.jpg
88 KB, 383x593
What's the best way to outfit these sexy ass Nobz? Found 5 still on sprue and Ill probably end up throwing it into a unit with some other off sprue ones I already have( most are Klaws and Big Choppas)
>>
>>43629374
Or just bolt/clip the gun onto their arm so their arm would have to fall off as well for them to drop it.

>>43629453
If he doesn't take krak grenades on his dudes, you will win by using a few MC, otherwise don't get killed by lasguns

>>43629493
Whats your list look like? We need to see it otherwise we can't suggest what to spend the 80 points on

>>43630273
No heavy flamer on the chimeras, you'll never use them, stick to heavy bolter.
>>
>>43630700
Nobz suck, even in friendly games they're disappointing. That said the best way to kit them out if you really do want to run them is
>'eavy armour
>couple of klawz
>big choppas on the rest
>kombi-skorchas if you feel like putting more points down
Then stick them in a warkopta and play "it ain't me" on your phone.
>>
>>43630700
Nobs? They really need to be in a larger squad with attached warboss, so 8-10 nobs total. Then they need wagon. From there give 3 power claws, painboy, and then whatever other upgrades you have free points for.
>>
>>43630245
>not daemonettes who would excel against a t3 target

>>43628590
>lady of slaanesh
>lady

it's a trap bro

>>43628812
>pyromancy

a terrible table which doesn't offer much to the player unlike biomancy or telepathy
>>
>>43629493
This looks something like this:

2000 points

---HQ---

Company Commander Squad - 199 + 116 points
-Boltgun for Commander
-Carapace Armor for Commander
-Astropath
-Master of Ordnance
-Officer Of The Fleet
-Plasma Guns for 2 Veterans
-Medi-pack Veteran
-Regimental Standard Veteran
-Carapace Armor for all Veterans
-Chimera with Searchlight, Augur Array, Hunter Killer Missile, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

Commissar - 26 points
-Boltgun

Ministorum Priest - 25 points
-
--Troops---
2x Veteran Squads - 121 +116 points
-Boltgun for Sargent
-Grenadiers Carapace Armor Upgrade
-Plasma Guns for everyone
-Chimera with Searchlight, Augur Array, Hunter Killer Missile, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

---Fast Attack---
2x Vendetta Squadrons of 3 each - 1020 points

---Elite---
4 Militarum Tempestus Scions with Tempestor - 70 points

---Fortifications---
Aegis Defense Line - 70 points
-Comms Relay

This look good? Will it be able to deal with the shooting heavy, elite infantry heavy meta armies that're popular these days?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x620
>>43631038
BEND OVER
>>
>>43631068
Not if all those twin linked cannons on the Vendettas take you out first.

>>43630233
Shit. Which Imperial Armour FW books do I need to get my hands on to know what the stats of those HUGE Reaver and MOTHERFUCKING HUGE OH GOD Warlord Titans
>>
>>43631130
ILL SEND MORE

SPREAD EM

Actually while we are on the subject, how does a master of the fleet disrupt a fucking army of daemon's reserves?
>>
>>43630947
Really? I guess since the internet didn't tell you the powers were good you can't think for yourself

When it comes to killing hordes of things, pyro is king.
First you get a heavy flamer that also lights things on fire. A primaris psyker with a heavy flamer isn't bad.
Second, fire shield makes all terrain around you dangerous to your enemies. Great for slowing down their charge and possibly causing wounds for free.
With luck, spontaneous combustion can kill a specfic attached 1 wound IC, otherwise it's just gonna add more damage which is good.
Sunburst used with 2-3+ units in range will destroy them with ease
Inferno turns the psyker into a whirlwind, which is great for the points
For hilarites sake, molten beam can be used to kill 5 dudes pretty easily and maybe insta deaths stuff.

Read the book already, telepathy, divination and biomancy aren't the only powers.

>>43631038
I don't really like the astropath, master of ordnance and officer of the fleet in there. It's not needed really. Also you don't need the standard, it's rules are meh.
All chimeras should never take hunter killers, as a rule. Don't pay for searchlights unless you have extra points
You mean plasma guns for 2-3 guys in the squad, right? If so, then that's fine.

Toss some melta guns on the scions with the points you free up, they will help a lot.

Otherwise it looks fine, I don't see your ogryns yet btw.

>>43631155
>how does a master of the fleet disrupt a fucking army of daemon's reserves?
By deploying balloons into the warp so they crash into them and get stuck.
>>
File: say wut.jpg (42 KB, 355x483) Image search: [Google]
say wut.jpg
42 KB, 355x483
>>43628812
>heldrake
>against hordes of guardsmen
>>
>>43631225
Ok fuck you that made me laugh.
>>
>>43631225
Yeah 3 guys get the plasmas. I always thought the Astro, Master, and Officer were auto include. If not okay no need for them I agree.

>I don't see your Ogryns yet
Are they even needed? Super Bulky and tend to die to the heavy bad ass units before they have a chance to get close to said bad ass units and wreck them.
>>
File: 1420321248246.jpg (20 KB, 765x625) Image search: [Google]
1420321248246.jpg
20 KB, 765x625
>orks are my first, largest, and favorite army
>start a tau army at the end of last year because I wanted a mobile, shooty army and I like mechs
>all this tau hate and fanwanking
>mfw
>>
>>43631310
Literally nobody mentioned Tau. Stop trying to start shit.
>>
>>43631233
whose this saemen daemon?
>>
>>43631310

....I'm a bit disturbed by the fact that it's an Ivalican moogle who's not wearing any clothes. Did they just...are they gonna...
>>
>>43631310
I was in that thread.
>>
>>43631290
Thought you were ogryn anon, nvm
>>
>>43630611
Plot twist: ISIS is a Khornate cult.
>>
>>43631393
The "explaining the real world to Disney characters one?"
>>
File: Hold the Feel.jpg (50 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
Hold the Feel.jpg
50 KB, 500x451
>>43631310
source?
>>
>>43631462
Google image search it. Dude for real.
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius.jpg (118 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius.jpg
118 KB, 720x576
>>43627814
For Sanguinius and the Emperor, brother.
>>
>>43631449
Yep.
>>
>>43629688

Sure just go Unbound.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 800x680
>>43631495
The All Beloved's children will endure anything this galaxy has to throw at them. Be they frothing Flesh Tearers, or unlucky Lamenters.
>>
>>43631495
>>43631531
Or tap dancing Primarchs.
>>
>>43631600
Hey, Sang was into art. Dancing seems like something he'd be into. Go to set an example for the boys so they can be interested in something besides war. No one complains when the Noise Marines decide to give their papa a CD of their latest song "Raping Unborn Babies as we eat Their Mothers".
>>
How good is execution force? The game I mean. Space Hulk is pretty fun.
>>
>>43631665
>"Yo papa check this out."

>"What the fuck is this shit?"

>"My mixtape. Fresh beats right?"

>"It's literally just screaming."

>"It's not done yet."
>>
>>43631425
dang...
blood for the blood god eh?
>>
>>43631407
Aight cool. So anyway, with that in mind, the revision looks like this:

1850 points version

---HQ---

Company Commander Squad - 134 + 111 points
-Boltgun for Commander
-Carapce Armor for Commander
-Plasma Guns for 3 Veterans
-Medi-pack Veteran
-Chimera with Searchlight, Recovery Gear, Augur Array, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

Commissar - 26 points
-Boltgun

Ministorum Priest - 25 points

--Troops---
2x Veteran Squads - 121 + 111 points
-Boltgun for Sargent
-Chimera with Searchlight, Recovery Gear, Augur Array, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

---Fast Attack---
2x Vendetta Squadrons of 3 each - 1020 points

---Fortifications---
-Comms Relay

The 2000 point version of this also has:

9 Militarum Tempestus Scions with Tempestor - 150 points
-Two Meltaguns

>>43631155
>Sending more Lords of War
Brb reading the books with the Titan rules on them
>>
>>43628481
CRONS THATS ALL...
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 715x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 715x726
>>43631936
LORDS OF WAR???

LET ME CALL UP SOME GUYS I GOT THIS SHIT
>>
>>43631360
that's the changeling's original form
>>
>>43632024
how come people never play up the filth aspect of nurgle? his factions are always represented as gangrenous disease, if I had a nurgle army it would be a horde of shit demons and brown plague marines covered in doo doo
>>
>>43631701

IT'S CALLED DEATH METAL WHY CAN'T YOU EVER UNDERSTAND ME ABLOOBLOOBLOO
>>
>>43632076
They want to involve squick without TOO much squick.
>>
>>43632099
*involke
>>
File: BIG_GUNS.jpg (103 KB, 800x656) Image search: [Google]
BIG_GUNS.jpg
103 KB, 800x656
>>43632024
>I got this shit
Are you sure?

Also what kind of games can you even field pic in? It's a whopping 2750 points (+150 if you really wanna be ridiculous with Vortex Missiles).
>>
>>43632125
Casual friendly games.
>>
>>43632125

Apocalypse only.
>>
>>43632099
>>43632113
wat
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 600x620
>>43632125
I can bring exactly ten of these.

I mean I CAN BRING EXACTLY TEN OF THESE WOO
>>
>>43630525
Fuck off carnac
>>
>>43631495
>photoshop head or possibly done by another artists
>weird proportions on hands
>tiny waist
>wind blowing through his hair and lepoard robe but not the terminators topknots
>looks like he's doing a weird dance on a tiny platform

yeah, this is just one of those silly pieces of art that i just can't hate nor look away from. like a trainwreck

>>43631665
dead mothers and dead babies can't complain anon. also fulgrim would scoff at their amateur work

>>43631225
i gotta be honest, i haven't bothered to actually use pyromancy nor use it. you make a convincing argument though, i'll be sure to give it a try at some point. actually the reason why i don't use it is because daemons don't have access to it, just chaos marines. kind of odd. also i've yet to see anyone mention it, ever
>>
File: 1444673859197.jpg (70 KB, 474x599) Image search: [Google]
1444673859197.jpg
70 KB, 474x599
>>43632076
but anon; everyone plays up the filth aspect of nurgle

>>43632024
i heard you talking shit like i wouldn't hear daemon filth. on an odd note i now want some grey knights even though i play daemons
>>
>>43632125
>Also what kind of games can you even field pic in

Titans are just for when the shop decides they're gonna have a "bring whatever the fuck you want" game, if you're putting a titan on the table points don't really matter. Giving them points values at that level is just a formality for the most part because games that large are such enormous clusterfucks that any facade of tactics or depth is thrown out the window and the entire event is literally just a crowd of assburgers yelling over each other and yelling dice.

At least this has been my experience with giant apocalypse games, I guess a game with just two guys bringing an assload of points may differ. Not saying it wasn't a fun deviation but apoc sorta stretches what you could call a "game".
>>
>>43632219
*throwing dice
>>
>>43632150
Idk how even ten of those would do against one of these guys. 2500 points vs the previous pic 2750 points see how well it goes.

>>43632139
>>43632140
Hmmm...how well would they work if...

1850 points

---HQ---

Company Commander Squad - 133 points
-Medi-pack Veteran

--Troops---
Veteran Squad - 121 point
-Boltgun for Sargent

Veteran Squad - 121 point
-Boltgun for Sargent

---Support shit---

Legio Titanicus Reaver Battle Titan - 1475 points

Legal technically I think. Infantry needs no vehicle or cover since they have a Titan for that. Give titan firing support while Titan proceeds to wreck everything. Granted it's not the largest titan, but second largest is still pretty cool.
>>
>>43630654
>6 Tau'nar
Yeah they still aren't gonna make it with just that, the warlord alone have 6 void shields and a 5+ from reinforced structure, and with an arch magos and the rod relic he can potentially restore 6 hull points in that turn, while in the admech will shoot everything else to hell.
>>
>>43632345

Imperial Reaver Titan and Eldar Revenant Titan lists which feature just one Lord of War and some random extra crap are viable. This is why those titans are banned from most GTs.
>>
>>43632345
Well attempting to remember their profile of the top of my head they get like 8~ melee attacks with a str D weapon a turn.
8 attacks * 10 models * 4/6 chance to hit * 1/6 get a 6 result which is 6+d6 un-savable HPs which we will average to 6+3.5.
This comes out to about 84.44 HPs in un-savable wounds.

Meanwhile you have another

8 * 10 * 4/6 * 4/6 wounds that do d3 savable HPs which we will average to 2.
This comes out to about 71.11 savable wounds which if we assume he has some way to get a 4++ will be 35.5 HPs gone in a turn.

This means assuming the titan has a 4++ in melee a single BT will do about 11.99 HPs a turn and a titan has about 40~ HPs so if 4 BTs make it into melee in a single turn they kill the titan, or 2 BTs over 2 turns, or 1 BT over 4 turns which is really in the BTs favor.
>>
File: 1437588673497.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1437588673497.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
>The riptide was advertised as the biggest model yet at release
What the fuck happened. I miss my toy soldiers now it's all gundams or apocalypse shit that costs an arm and a dick.
>>
File: changeling.png (461 KB, 744x560) Image search: [Google]
changeling.png
461 KB, 744x560
>The Changeling's pranks are not limited to the mortal realm. Countless wars have been started between the Chaos Gods by the Changeling's practical jokes, such as when he cut Slaanesh's beloved hair with a stolen Hellblade whilst the Dark Prince slept, or the time he snuck a trio of Nurglings onto the Skull Throne, creating a hideous noise and an unholy mess the next time Khorne sat down.

topkek

So what is this guy's deal on the tabletop? New player eyeballing Tzeentch daemons and this Changeling seems like a cool HQ.
>>
>>43631701
Kek.
>>43632091
That's so EC.
>>43632158
>scoff at their work
IT'S FROM THE HEART, DAD! IT CAME FROM BOTH OF THEM!
>>
>>43631936
You don't really need recovery gear, also the priest doesn't seem useful, you don't have any melee squads. Hell the commisar doesn't seem very useful either. I might suggest taking a lord commisar instead, or nothing.

Split the tempest guys into 2 squads of 5 with 2 melta guns each.

Also split the vendettas into 3 squads of 2, much better for saturation

Oddly you lack good anti-infantry shots, maybe swap 2 of the vendettas for valkyries?

Also you might like the siege drills that guard can take, while the aircraft arrives from the sky, from below more veterans with more drills and guns!
>>
File: Tauvadmech4.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2432) Image search: [Google]
Tauvadmech4.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2432
>>43630233
I will admit that it kinda bothers me that the tau don't have drone turrets anywhere except like, one area off to the left of this picture.
Drone turrets are the shit.
>>
File: tauvadmech5.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2432) Image search: [Google]
tauvadmech5.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2432
>>43632719
>>
>>43632719

Fuck the Tau. Them and their weird cylindrical buildings. FUCK CIRCLES!
>>
File: tauvadmech2.jpg (95 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tauvadmech2.jpg
95 KB, 720x960
>>43632745
DON'T WORRY GUYS WE'VE GOT THOSE STOMSURGES TO KILL THOSE TITANS.
>>
File: tauvadmech3.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
tauvadmech3.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>43632760
>>43632756
DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT CIRCLES LIKE THAT NIGGA
>>
>>43632635
actually monstrous creatures and infantry hit on 6s against this lord of war

>>43632644
40k has changed.

>>43632647
nice model, terrible rules. oh hey lv1 dude that can take the stats of an enemy in base to base, but he's still gonna get smashed. for 85(?) points? pass. use him as a generic herald

>>43632760
>>43632745
>>43632719
damn that's nice. i wish i got paid to play with toys all day
>>
>>43632760
>The gue'la's "knights" and "titans" are proving too formidable for our heavy air support. The Earth Caste has developed these experimental suits to aid us in our path towards the Greater Good!
>Imperium just starts sending entire legions of Warlord and Emperor titans

It was at this moment the Tau knew they had fucked up.
>>
>>43632635
Towering Monstrosity (Warlord)

-The Warlord Titan may only be hit on a 6 by Infantry and Monstrous Creatures of any type in an assault, and on a 5 or 6 by Super-heavy Walkers and Gargantuan Creatures in an assault.
-The Warlord Titan may never be locked in an assault.
-The Warlord Titan is completely immune to the effects of Haywire attacks, dangerous terrain, and psychic attacks other than Witchfire powers, which must attempt to damage it normally.
-The Warlord Titan's Stomp attacks use the Large Blast (6") template.
-The Warlord Titan's carapace-mounted weapons may not target models closer than 24" from its hull, unless they are Flyers, Flying Monstrous Creatures or other Super-heavy vehicles or Gargantuan Monstrous Creatures.

Reinforced Structure

-The Warlord Titan has an invulnerable save of 5+ against any attacks that have breached its void shields.

World Burner

-The Warlord Titan may use any of its Blast marker weapons to target areas of the battlefield, rather than enemy units if it wishes, including buildings and ruins, etc.

The thing also has 8 weapons and this is shoothammer right now, so good luck having those things come in untouched against a Titan

>>43632557
Makes sense yet not as much as I would like cuz I feel a Reaver Titan would put up a good fight against the Eldar tourney build.
>>
>>43632760

Maybe if they had fucking S7 cluster missiles and the pulse blast guns D range wasn't dogshit awful
>>
File: tauvadmech1.jpg (116 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tauvadmech1.jpg
116 KB, 720x960
>>43632785
>>
>>43632760
more like

>DON'T WORRY GUYS WE CAN TILL EVACUATE HERR ETHEREAL
>grounded super-heavy flyer in gun range of warlord titan
>"glorious" leader gormlessly staring at it from the edge of the pad
cool diorama though
>>
>>43632786
>40k has changed.

War. War never changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY
>>
>>43632803
Just give the fucking pulse driver cannon armorbane.
>>
>>43632800

They were banned when Eldar were still in 6E. ITC limits Eldar to 1 Wraithknight but Windriders and Eldar in general are still problematic.
>>
>>43632838
Nope
Not Killy enough to take down Titans
>>
>>43632822
>>43632822
We can do war better than Chaos and every Xeno race. We must however use common sense. We have to war smarter.
>>
>>43628997
Why does every thread have this image in it?
>>
>>43632850
It's funny because the destroyer missile is more efficient than the cannon but you could have just given sky-rays racks of destroyer missiles.

The only reason to have the pulse cannons on the ballistic suit instead of say, that nice hammerhead tank over there, is so you can stabilize yourself with those stupid anchors.
>>
File: 1443110741823.jpg (116 KB, 736x1137) Image search: [Google]
1443110741823.jpg
116 KB, 736x1137
>>43632879
>tau can do war better then chaos
>they occasionally parley with the enemy
>they offer mercy and honor to their enemy
>they don't collect skulls
>they don't pay homage to the god of war
>they don't do fist fighting
>they hide behind cowardly cover

more effective sure, but all that shooting and being nice does not please khorne
>>
File: 1432075888589.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1432075888589.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>43632792
That actually make laugh.
>>
File: Apocalypse 2007 Tidewall.jpg (7 MB, 7488x2464) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse 2007 Tidewall.jpg
7 MB, 7488x2464
>>43632644
What did you guys expect after escalation made apoc 40k legal.
Pic related were kit bash units in the old apoc books now they are a kit GW sells.
Oh and 75% of all current formations are minor reworks of the old apoc formations, only with better bonuses, and you don't have to pay additional points for the formations.
>>
>>43632706
I thought maybe it might have been worth taking the Priest and Commissar for the two vet squads but I guess they really aren't necessary since nobody in the army's tryna go for up close damage. I took the Searchlights and Recovery Gear cuz I had a few extra points left over.

>Split the tempest guys into 2 squads of 5 with 2 melta guns each.
Possibly affordable now that I am removing more points cuz of no priest and commissar I'll try it out

>Also split the vendettas into 3 squads of 2, much better for saturation
Good idea thanks.

>Oddly you lack good anti-infantry shots, maybe swap 2 of the vendettas for valkyries?
Nah I'll just give a couple of the Vendettas rockets instead of lascannons it's free and effective.

>Also you might like the siege drills that guard can take, while the aircraft arrives from the sky, from below more veterans with more drills and guns!

How do these work? Points and everything.

Current revision

1850 points

---HQ---

Company Commander Squad - 133 + 105 points
-Medi-pack Veteran
-Chimera with Augur Array, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

--Troops---

2x Veteran Squads - 121 + 105 points
-Boltgun for Sargent
-Chimera with Augur Array, Extra Armor, and Dozer Blade

---Fast Attack---

3x Vendetta Squadrons of 2 each - 1020 points

---Elite---
4 Militarum Tempestus Scions with Tempestor - 70 points

---Fortifications---
-Comms Relay
>>
>>43632822
I like the Fallout franchise (well, haven't played 4 and I'm hearing bad things now actually) but that has to be the dumbest catchphrase ever. War is literally the process of violent change, and every military ever teaches soldiers that war is constantly changing and that you must adapt to an always evolving battlefield.
>>
>>43632977
Khorne cares not how the blood flows so long as it flows and it was taken through violence or in violent intend or its offered up to him in ritual
>>
>>43632996
Those bastions look so much fucking cooler than the shitty tidewall gunrig.
>>
>>43632977
Screw Khorne. I've had enough of him anyway. Too much Khorne stuff these days. I'm honestly thinking that all of the genius names for Khornate stuff in AoS is Khorne's idea in-universe. There better be no Khorne in DoW 3. Give the others more spotlight.
>>43633020
I thought he could only get the blood and skulls if there's a Chaotic presence or a shrine to him near the battlefield.
>>
>>43632706
Nvm I found the stats for the Hades Drill. Great idea for making the 1850 points into 2000 points!
>>
>>43632158
Really, complaining about proportions on 40k art? Anyhoosen, I guess I'll just post my favorite picture of him, even though its not official.
>>
Hey guys, getting my friend who used to play Orks back in 5e into 40k again.

We were looking through the models he has and short of a battle wagon and and assuming he can use his old trukks:

HQ:

Warboss - Bosspole, Eavy Armour, Power Klaw and Shoota - 69pts

TROOPS:

14 Shoota Boyz + Nob with Boss Pole, Power Klaw and Shoota + Trukk - 174

13 Shoota Boyz + Nob with Boss Pole, Power Klaw and Shoota + Trukk - 167

10 gretchin + Runtherd - 35

ELITES:

10x Burna Boyz

FAST ATTACK:

Deffkopta - 30

Deffkopta - 30

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Battlewagon - 110

15 Lootas - 210

TOTAL: 985

He is looking for a minimum investment to see if he really wants to play again and all he needs for the list above is the Battlewagon like I said.

The Warboss rides in a trukk with the boyz

The 10 burnaz will embark on the Battlewagon

He could split the Lootas and get one more and end up at 999.

How does this look for 1000 though.

I am the returning Dark Angel player with the KDK friend so he will be playing with Necrons, Tyranids, Space Wolves and Ultramarines.
>>
>>43633020
...i'm not sure how i feel about firewarriors paying more homage to khorne then berserkers

>>43633071
khorne and nurgle are easy as fuck to make, tzeentch and slaanesh? kinda hard. hell tzeentch didn't get any end times kits and he doesn't have a unit in warriors of chaos. tzeentch did get to be in warhammer online ironic that khorne is easier then slaanesh.

>>43633253
honestly it's all the imperfections that make it enjoyable, like syfy original movies.
>>
>>43633017
The point is not that technology and technique changes, but the ideology and wants behind war remain the same. Even after everything is nuked to shit the survivors fight each other with sticks and stones for supplies and territory, just like before the nukes.
>>
>>43630525
Anon, I don't think you understand.
Those are titans. In fact I'm pretty sure the biggest one is an emperor class titan.

They give not one single fuck about your fluff. They do what they want, and nobody is going to stop them, not even GW writers. They're just that badass
>>
>>43633306
Pretty decent list there. He probably should split the lootas up as you said though.
>>
File: image.jpg (481 KB, 1000x1430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
481 KB, 1000x1430
>>43633253
Let me post the freakiest 40k artwork I've seen. It's well drawn, but I for one am glad that the Mechcanics has lost the chainsaw face STC. The quote down there is something I like though. To be human is to carry on the works of your ancestors, and to die knowing that your work will be past down to a new generation. The show must go on is probably one of the Imperium's core ideologies. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4
>>
>>43633400
shit looks chaos t.b.h
>>
>>43633454
>that last part
Stop that nonsense.
>looks like Chaos
That's what I've thought. But turns out those are pro-Imperium Cogboys.
>>
File: GorkanautAshit.jpg (106 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
GorkanautAshit.jpg
106 KB, 1024x576
>>43633306

It is a fairly basic 1000 ork list.

Those Deffkoptas are completely useless they could each be two more lootas so you can go 10/10.

Burnawagons are a fun thing.

Those trukks will be easily popped and the boyz wont last long. If you absolutely want to run them in trukksI would give them heavy armor or whatever.

Could drop the Deffkoptas and gretchin for that.

He may want to pick up 10 Tank Bustas and change them out with the Burnas when appropriate.
>>
>>43633354
This guy gets it. Emperor Class Titan music: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4vuyU-GWw
>>
>>43633490
nein f.a.m
>>
>>43632803
They have 4 Str D missiles, that's not too bad.
>>
>>43633635

I like how they made Shockwave even more badass than he normally is in this movie. He was basically scarier than both Megatron and Sentinel.
>>
>>43633611
I wish Orkanauts were good, I love the model ;-;
>>
File: 1415026120114.png (186 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
1415026120114.png
186 KB, 416x700
>>43633666

You and me both, Satan.
>>
>>43633666
It's alright, I just wish it was orkier. Those perfect flat panels and flipped legs look like factory made nonsense rather than hammered and riveted together sheets like that mega dread is made of right next to it.
>>
>>43633639
Whatever you say, Anon.
>>43633656
It's a rule in the universe, Anon. Shockwave must be based.
>>
>>43633306
Max 12 transport capacity in trukks, m8
>>
>>43633666

Just agree to use it as a superheavy walker with your opponent. Instant fix, no muss no fuss.
>>
>>43633702
Maybe the Mekz are getting organized on a galatic scale, or Gork and Mork are the reason for it.
>>
File: zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh[1].jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh[1].jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>43633611
>Deffkoptas are completely useless
>>
>>43632800
Okay here is it redone assuming 6 voidshields and that I correct in that voidshields don't get the 5++.

Pre-void shield collapse
8 * 1/6 * 1/6 * 9.5 = 2.11
8 * 1/6 * 4/6 * 2 = 1.77
3.88 HPs per BT per melee

post voidshield collapse
8 * 1/6 * 1/6 * 9.5 = 2.11
8 * 1/6 * 4/6 * 2 * 4/6 = 1.18
3.29 HPs per BT per melee

With 35~ HPs and 6~ Voidshields you are looking at 12~ BT melee rounds to kill.

As for his titan weapons I know most (old) titan weapons had a minimum effective firing range that they couldn't shoot at models within so even if he doesn't get locked in melee he wouldn't be able to shoot most of them anyway.
>>
>>43633611
>shit advice: the post
>>
>>43633731
That would make it hella better, but 12' movement/ stomps might make it a bit too good imo
>>
>>43633723

Oh man how did we overlook that!

I must have been dyslexic with my 2s and 5s....

back to the drawing board.

>>43633611

I could see more lootas being good. Going to have a bunch of points since i have to lower the boy mobs to 12 and 11 which is going to be not good.

>>43633756

I could see what he means by there just being two.
>>
>>43633809
Stomps outside of a 6 are pretty bad, and 12" movement sounds like a needed buff on that thing.
>>
>>43633702
agreed, I think it would be damn near fixed if it had tracks instead of those legs
>>
>>43633823
If you're not taking any other FA units then deffkoptas are great for harassing. Cheap wee fuckers that annoy the back lines and take pops at back armour, eat overwatch and just generally cause a nuisance that with jink, T5 and two wounds the git can be difficult to put down without dedicating some actual firepower towards it. Two of them outflanking would be excellent.

>>43633832
>Stomps outside of a 6 are pretty bad
wew
>>
>>43633702
i've been thinking about this, perhaps there is a common imperium base vehicle but i can't figure out what.
>>
>>43634000
Rhino? Leman Russ?
>>
>>43630212

The Chapter Master Knows about Luther, but no one but the watchers know the Lion sleeps in the rock.

Cypher has led to the destruction of an entire chapter of Dark Angels and risks the exposure of the entire chapter.
>>
File: 1446240413019.jpg (1 MB, 969x1356) Image search: [Google]
1446240413019.jpg
1 MB, 969x1356
>>43634193
those wacky dark angels
>>
File: 1332075014092.jpg (71 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1332075014092.jpg
71 KB, 873x627
>>43632996
Most of the newest Tau kits have been based on successful or popular conversions. This "Not-Ghostkneel" popped up in WD around 2007/8 if I remember right. Same with the broadside (next post)
>>
File: 1332075662161.jpg (104 KB, 543x433) Image search: [Google]
1332075662161.jpg
104 KB, 543x433
>>43634337
This was a more radical conversion than the White Dwarf one but, it seems to be the one I have saved at the moment.
>>
>>43634337
>>43634355
don't GW usually hire those guys who win golden demon to work for them? well maybe not, victoria lamb didn't but she did start her own company after winning once or twice i believe
>>
These tacticool tau are actually pretty sweet. Much grittier. If they were grimdark caste slaves under mind control of the ethereal overseers and had less weaboo mary sue bullshit it would be great.
>>
You retard. Guard infantry with librarius conclave is stupidly powerful. Ever been shot by 150 rending guardsmen that ignore cover?
>>
>>43634474
Your right. With that much lasgun fire, any enemy model will probably die from skin cancer 15 years later.
>>
>>43634474
What gives them rending?
>>
>>43634541

Spess magic
>>
>>43634541

Misfortune, I think. Not really worth wasting Librarius charges buffing a FRFSRF blob other than Ignore Cover though. Plus it will be hard to damage tough Invisible targets.

If you're going to play the "stacking buffs on a deathstar" game, there's way more dangerous and strong shit than guardsmen that completely ignore all that fire. Even plain old Decurions can muscle through those shots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.