[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, congratulations. Your character has spontaneously been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
Well, congratulations. Your character has spontaneously been rendered effectively immortal. What does your character do with this newfound power?

They no longer age and are completely immune to disease, poison, instant death magic, and deleterious soul-affecting effects.

Going without food and drink causes nonlethal hunger pangs and dehydration. Going without sleep or breath causes fatigue and nausea. (These do not apply if your character never needed to eat, drink, sleep, or breathe to start with.) They are no more durable than before, and they still feel the pain of injuries.

Their natural rate of healing is multiplied by 64 and causes no scarring, but this is still relatively slow compared to magical healing from external sources. Death results in instant revival with a completely refreshed and undamaged body, opening up that avenue for an instant full heal-up, but dying tends to be extremely painful for your character.

This immortality cannot be undone by any means whatsoever. There is no recourse for being trapped.
>>
>>43619071
They become an NPC so I can play a better character.
>>
>>43619081
Unless my party's current plan is "Go fuck up the ruling pantheon in a fistfight", this would be my answer. It would make an interesting story, but not an exciting game.
>>
>>43619071

Use my character to kill the GM highlander style and run a game that isnt shit
>>
>>43619071
> Death results in instant revival with a completely refreshed and undamaged body
I kill myself
Then I kill myself again
and again
and again
and again
until I accumulate enough bodies of me to create my own Elemental Plane of Me, filled with Fortresses of My Bodies, with Seas of My Blood, and great Mountains of My Flesh
>>
File: UR1AWlY.jpg (10 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
UR1AWlY.jpg
10 KB, 441x408
>>43619071
>mfw my character is a Scion
>>
>>43619071
Immortal god-queen and mama bear.
>>
>>43619071
Go on a quest to restore my mortality. Keep a diary of important quest points tattoed on me.
>>
File: Czeslaw Meyer.jpg (370 KB, 700x626) Image search: [Google]
Czeslaw Meyer.jpg
370 KB, 700x626
>>43619071
I try to find a family to fit in with...
>>
>>43619071
What was once a doomed quest guaranteed to end with failure and death has become achievable.

Now, with the power of immortality, Kaleem, last of the mujahadem shall kill every last Russian! Their wretched race shall be no more!
>>
>Follower of Nurgle nearing Daemon Princedom
Yeah that's real cute and everything so I guess I do >>43619383 , put on my Sunday worst again and then use my bodies as hammers.
>>
>>43619071
He probably quits his job as a prize fighter. Not fair to the other guys if he patches up faster than anyone else in the game. Maybe becomes a tanner like his dad.
>>
File: immortal suicide bomber.gif (2 MB, 341x139) Image search: [Google]
immortal suicide bomber.gif
2 MB, 341x139
>>43620782
So this is your character?
>>
>>43621010
Yes, but Kaleem is also a master of the RPG.

Kaleem always wears a plastic explosive suicide vest bolted onto him. With a deadman trigger
>>
>>43619071
That's what happened when he made the pact with the dragon, yes. What's your point?
What does he do? He semi-retires from adventuring. And by that I mean he still researches enchanting, the occult, and magic, and puts the results toward helping keep the world semi-fine. Probably by joining well-intentioned adventuring parties as a healer/provider of enchanted gear, as well as a walking encyclopedia.
In other words, nothing changes.
>>
File: ra.jpg (189 KB, 800x589) Image search: [Google]
ra.jpg
189 KB, 800x589
>>43619071
I take a human host and declare myself their god.
>>
>>43619071
> Your character has spontaneously been rendered effectively immortal.
> Your character
> effectively immortal

SON OF A BITCH!

Do you know what you have DONE??
Everything, literally everything, hinges on my being able to complete the ceremony by the next triple-moon - in SIX FUCKING DAYS, mjnd you - and in orderto complete it, I have to, what, you ask? That's right!

Fucking. DIE.
Nearly the entire campaign I've been setting up for this - arranging everything just so, fulfilling every step of the prophecy, making sure to NOT DIE too soon so that I CAN DIE at just the right time, and now --

Son of a BITCH. It's the Lich Unicorn plan all over again!
>>
>>43619071
1) Get even more ripped
2) Become the strongest
3) 'I WILL NOT DIE. NOT WHILE YOU ARE STANDING IN THE WAKE OF EVERYONE'S HOPES AND DREAMS!'

Pretty simple, really. The character who was halfway to being a complete joke, the naive optimist who is bound to fall to despair and misery before the end of this tale of grimdark and terror, is now a proper hero. Every time he is killed, he'll just get back up and keep on fighting until the world is a better place.
>>
The same as ever. He keeps stealing shit and spending it all in one night.
Then, he moves to the next heist.
>>
>natural rate of healing multiplied by 64

So she refreshes all of her Drain in a little under eight minutes of sleep?

Well, she finally gets around to magically constructing that underground anti-corporate resistance headquarters, since it's not lethal to move that much stone and steel. And now that she's immortal, she can play the long game with the dragons. I could see this working out very well for me.
>>
File: Yay.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Yay.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>43623120
You're my man
>>
My character is a Changeling Inventor.
Without worrying about consequences, I will eat every single goblin fruit I can find in the Hedge until I can get my Wyrd up to 10. By then I will have likely lost all of my Clarity, which I believe means I become a True Fae.
>>
>>43619071

Suffer severe depression and fall into alchoholism and despair as I realize my destiny of dying in glorious combat in order to ascend into the annals of legend will never become true.
>>
I'm playing in a DBZ home brew system with friends in a currently PL 1,000-1,300 party of 4 says in warriors. My character becomes the punching bag of training sessions and recovers in minutes from a sick zenkai.
>>
>>43619071
Reforming the Inquisition(I'll also settle for the Adeptus Astra Telepathica) has become slightly more realistic!
>>
>>43619081
This
>>
>>43619071
Oh well now I can actually chart the whole of creation as I wanted. Also gather insurmountable riches for Hyperborea, my nation will be the best.

I was already kinda immortal being a Deva and all but at least now I don't forget anything between deaths.
>>
File: The Heroine Appears.gif (90 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
The Heroine Appears.gif
90 KB, 500x387
>>43623050

>>43620289 here, I just wanted to let you know that my character wishes to be taught how to be a real hero by your character.
>>
>>43619071
>oWoD Gangrel
>all the dots in Fortitude
>masochistic
Hahaha, time to start looking for Antediluvians.
>>
>>43619071
What do you mean, "what does my character do"? My characters are confined to the games I'm playing. This scenario does not occur in any of those games. How the fuck exactly does this scenario in any way relate to any of the games I'm in?
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 567x561
>>43624122
It's a theoretical question you fucking autist
>>
>>43619071
Nothing changes
>>
>>43624825
I'm saying it's not a very good one.
>>
>>43619071
The other players wine because it's broken.
>>
>>43625085
Your group sounds classy.
>>
I sneak into childrens' rooms at night and kill myself violently in front of them.

The next generation will be a traumatized bunch of head-cases.
>>
>>43619071
I'm pretty sure he'd be extremely depressed at first. His whole schtick is finding the deepest and most powerful of magic - having the holy grail of the supernatural just handed to him would be really lame!

I'd probably take a cue from >>43619081 - he goes into isolation for a while and eventually becomes the Immortal Old Sage of Ancient Wisdom npc, knowing more than most have ever forgotten.
>>
Become an enormous slut.
>>
>>43619071
Warlord across the world having fun fighting, feasting, and fucking until narrative causality inevitably kicks in and he finds himself a waifu with some form of immortality. Then he relentlessly pursues her love until she accepts him and they can live happily forever after.
>>
Nothing's changed, I'm playing the fucking ship.
>>
Since I'm a Rifts human shifter trying to become a 4D godling via temporal magic and a transmutation circle modified from the Old Ones' own designs, I guess this just gives me more time to work on my ascension. Immortality was on my list of things to do anyway, thanks for saving me the trouble.
>>
File: 1444955042645.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1268) Image search: [Google]
1444955042645.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1268
>>43619071
>Shadowrun
Hell yes.
As it stands, I am the party tank.
I was thrown out a window by a Corporate mole and lost most of my actual body in the resulting fall.

I will find this mole, and I will kill him with my one good hand around his neck.
Then, I shall take on Ares Macrotech itself, their greed led to my accident.

I have all the time in the world to gear up, if they capture me, I can kill myself and respawn.
Once in control of Ares, I will systematically clean out America of corruption, one Corp at a time.

Time has no meaning, without fear of death, I can take any job, do any task, and kill whoever I please.

I am The Paladin of Seattle.
>>
>>43626457
>Then, I shall take on Ares Macrotech itself, their greed led to my accident.
Well played. This is the exact sort of hubris I would expect from someone who recently discovered they were immortal.
>>
>>43619071
So immortal sun monk...
Cool now i have all the time i want and can take levels in all the classes and still be useful.
>>
>>43626457
So you become Akumetsu?
>>
File: 1442814252400.jpg (125 KB, 800x1356) Image search: [Google]
1442814252400.jpg
125 KB, 800x1356
>>43623050
>>
>>43622965
>Lich Unicorn
Explain.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.