[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primarch order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: the_emperor_of_mankind.jpg (538 KB, 700x712) Image search: [Google]
the_emperor_of_mankind.jpg
538 KB, 700x712
So we know that the Emperor had specific roles intended for each of His sons when He made them, but why did He make them in the order that He did? What was the Emperor's thought process when He was sketching out the primarch project? This is what I came up with:

I need some leaders for my space war. First impressions are important, so I'll start with (I) the paladin (Lion El'Jonson) who needs (II) [redacted] and complements (III) the paragon (Fulgrim), none of whom can effectively wage war without (IV the sapper (Perturabo) and (V) the outrider (Jaghatai Khan). If any go astray I need (VI) the enforcer (Leman Russ) and (VII) the sentry ( Rogal Dorn) guided by (VIII) the justicar (Konrad Curze), but surely no one would betray (IX) the symbol (Sanguinius). Getting a little abstract here. Back to basics with (X) the engineer (Ferrus Manus) and (XI) [redacted] and (XII) the warrior (Angron) coordinated by (XIII) the administrator (Roboute Guilliman). Fuck the warp, though. It would be nice to have one guy who's completely incorruptible, like (XIV) the ascetic (Mortarion) to keep an eye on (XV) the mystic (Magnus the Red). Those two probably won't get along. I'll need someone to knock some heads together, someone like (XVI) the general (Horus) speaking through (XVII) the orator (Lorgar) and outfitted appropriately by (XVIII) the craftsman (Vulkan). This looks great. Seriously fuck the warp, though. Better beef up security with (XIX) the watchman (Corvus Corax) and (XX) the spy (Alpharius Omegon).

What does /tg/ think?
>>
>>43606068
You posted this yesterday and nobody had any input then, too.
>>
>>43606068
Its shit.

Sorry but it is.

The total lack of interest yesterday should have made this clear.
>>
>>43606186
>>43606216
I did. The one post I got was from a nice guy who suggested that I add the names of the primarchs in addition to the legion numbers in case not everyone has them memorized.

Is it really shit? Why do you think GW numbered them the way they did?
>>
>>43606068
Well done, you have successfully worked out the true order of primarchs, you will be raised to the level of the emperors most loyal sons as the missing final sentence.

All of this recorded by (XXI) the faggot (OP).
>>
>>43606249

SAVAGE
>>
>>43606244
Yes it really is shit.

You want to know why GW numbered them the way they did?

you start at 1 and you count to 20. Or start at I and end at XX for flavour.

There is only 1 way of doing this in order.

Then they decided to add the possibility of people making up their own shit so they chose two to be mysterious/paper work lost.

Then they adapted the old RT 7 founding chapters fluff and threw in some other shit that they thought was cool sounding. Or just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Add decades of building on that fluff by different hands and you have what we have now.
>>
>>43606068
make u think
>>
>>43606430
Ok. That certainly makes sense. I thought they put more thought into it at the outset because of the fluff they added later to make it seem like everything was part of the Emperor's grand design, like the zodiac signs in the Horus Heresy novels. You're probably right; thanks for answering
>>
>>43606531
>I thought they put more thought into it

Well there's your problem.

This is the combined efforts of GW and BL we are talking about. It's why half the shit written by the /tg/ knuckle dragger platoon is more interesting, engaging and awesome despite them getting paid for it and us not.

Usually if Gee Dubz does something clever its by accident.
>>
>>43606068
Nobody cares and even if they did, the order probably didn't matter
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.