[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 1372029542001.jpg (820 KB, 2116x3000) Image search: [Google]
1372029542001.jpg
820 KB, 2116x3000
Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition General Discussion

Old thread >>43577364

>All official WotC content here (now including the SCAG)
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Tools for 5e, other stuff, miscellaneous homebrews
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Map:
https://mega.nz/#!CowGWLKT!yiwaLeoLWcsV4d8uY5DmqsmPxTw3ZIdpz8xAzaYkQ5II

> November's Unearthed Arcana:
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf

Do you guys think the Positive and Negative Planes should have a place in 5E?
>>
File: Jordynel Jonessar.jpg (164 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
Jordynel Jonessar.jpg
164 KB, 750x1334
>be walking through Rillifane's Grove on Evermeet
>suddenly this little sun elf pops out of a bush and says "Hey faggot, give me some bat guano so I can Fireball these stupid trees. Do it and I'll let you touch my feet."
>wat do
>>
Asking again and hoping for worthwhile responses

>>43585932
>>
>>43586895
naw it wouldn't horribly unbalance things, but it's not really needed. the warlock is designed and intended to have a limited selection of spells. its part of their flavor. dont change it.
>>
>>43586895
As a DM, I outlawed the Sorlock at out table. I do allow the warlock to have a "Spell Surge" once per short rest, which is basically action surge but spells only. So 2 EB, or EB and a spell.
>>
>>43586884
hold out until she'll let you touch her ears too.
>>
File: 1432553605003.png (331 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432553605003.png
331 KB, 500x500
I tried to add the cantrips from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide to the 5E Speller Viewer, but they disappear when I close the program. How do I make permanent changes?
>>
As DM, I let out characters do a little "one on one" RP before the main game to establish their character concept. One player was a Moon Elf Wizard who was given his family's Moonblade, which promptly rejected him, but didn't kill him. He was forced to leave Evermeet in shame as a result, and he traveled to Deadsnows and offered the Moonblade to the Queen of Air and Darkness in exchange for a warlock pact. He ended up as a hexblade with a corrupted Moonblade in exchange (basically just a scimitar). It was one of the most inventive backstories I've ever seen and so fun to RP. And the Moon Elves consider what he did to be the worst crime possible, so they send people after him like Jeremiah Johnson. I really like that for some reason.
>>
>Play a really clumsy and goofball Paladin who always tries his best
>In fight with BBEG pet dragon
>Wizard turns fighter into a giant ape
>fails saving throw
>goes crazy and picks up my Paladin and throws me at the dragon
>just enough damage to kill it
>Party won't shut up about how my trip up "won the battle"
>Get back to down
>Start hearing tales of the mighty Paladin that slayed the dragon
>Bards are singing songs of my battle
>Fighter gets pissed because he isn't getting the glory

I guess no matter how hard you fight it, sometimes a Paladin is the face
>>
>>43586998
>Wizard turns fighter into a giant ape
>fails saving throw
What saving throw?
>>
>>43586998
Paladins are much more interesting that Fighters. You can't blame the Half Elves for writing about them instead.
>>
>>43587006
I would assume the DM made the fighter make a saving through to maintain his control after the transformation. Maybe not tho.
>>
>>43586964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9D4ojbMmHs
>>
>>43587027
Yes, he got nat 1.
>>
File: youre a kid now.jpg (116 KB, 576x790) Image search: [Google]
youre a kid now.jpg
116 KB, 576x790
>>43587027
>It retains its alignment and personality.
Okay.
>>
>>43587063
If you have low intelligence you need to make a saving throw
>>
>>43587063
Well that would be a fun away to go about it. Being changed into an ape has to fuck with you.
>>
>>43587072
The only saving throw involved with polymorph is if you're unwilling.
>>
>>43587027
>>43587063
>>43587072
All I'm saying is that it's cool and all that you got a good story out of it, but that's not how polymorph works.
>>
>>43586998
Why bother failing the giant ape save? Being an ape is fuckin awesome.
>>
Turning a fighter into a giant ape would warrant the fighter going "Wtf, no" unless it was pre-arranged. Hence the saving throw.
>>
>>43587006
Maybe the fighter wasn't willing to go apeshit.
>>
>>43587122
In some alternate timeline, the fighter threw the paladin at the wizard instead.
>>
>>43586884
I cast Silence.
>>
>>43586884
hmmm Jordyn is more like a half-sun elf bard...
>>
File: Mudflats - [DSCC].jpg (109 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
Mudflats - [DSCC].jpg
109 KB, 640x428
What would be some good enemies/locations/quests/NPCs for a desert campaign?
>>
>>43587291
Sandworms. Desert Elves who want your steel. Mirage illusionists.
>>
>>43587291
giant antlions and their pits
>>
So, I got the Core Book recently and I've been reading over it, really taking a liking to the Druid but a question. Is the circle of the moon worth it if I just have the core book? I mean I do get access to lvl 1 animals right off the bat but I don't get the advantage of being able to wildshape into animals one third my level. Thoughts?
>>
>>43587564
My thoughts are that there's a link to all of the books in the OP.
>>
>>43587564
im playing a moon druid. he advantage is that youll get to play animals above lv 1 once you hit lv 6. between he player handbook and monster manual, theres a good amount of beasts with a CR higher than 1.
>>
Is it hipster that I don't want to play a Druid because the most optimized build is also the most obvious and simple? There are zero decisions to make.
>>
>>43588017
No, but you're a fag anyway for using the word hipster like that.
>>
>>43588030
Was originally 'bad' but I wanted a more descriptive word. Feel free to substitute something else.
>>
>>43587111
But that's not what happened. He had to make a saving throw to not go insane and lose control of his character, which is bullshit.
>>
File: giphy.gif (421 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
421 KB, 500x282
>Party in tavern
>Just saved town from orc atrack so free meal and lodging for the night
>We are all ordering our food
>Monk: I'll have a steak please
>Bar maid: how do you want it
>Monk: Well done
>>
>>43586918
>I outlawed sorlock
You know is still doesn't outdamage fighters, paladins and rangers, right? Is just better than warlock at everything, but sorcerer is already better than warlock at almost everything so...
>>
>>43588119
Whats the problem with well done? Granted I understand most people prefer medium well or rare but I like well done personally.
>>
>>43586918
>Can't even be undying light warlock/draconic sorcerer for GFB shenanigans that still are behind the damage most martials deal
Thanks fun police
>>
>>43588119
>Expecting a monk to be versed in the niceties of life such as fine dining
It's like you don't know what a monk is m8
>>
>>43588128
Warlocks, as I have found out recently, can become quite powerful despite their lack of spells. Granted Sorc is better thanks to spells but eldrich blast + hex + agonizing blast can pump out a surprising amount of damage.

Ona side note, though i don't outright outlaw multiclassing, I do personally oppose it. It just seems like a strange thing to me. A person trains for years of their life and hones their skills to learn a set of skills and lives a life with those skills before adventuring and then after fighting a pack of goblins and a bugbear you all of a sudden learn how to do a fuck ton of stuff you did not know before. It's just off-putting to me rp wise and I personally would rather gimp a character than multiclass.
>>
>>43588237
>i don't outright outlaw multiclassing, I do personally oppose it. It just seems like a strange thing to me
Instead of multiclassing we should have hybrids like in 4e, those were much better and made more sense, MC can make a lot of sense RP, but mechanicalwise is strange as fuck, you stop learning from your class and start learning from another instead of learning from both at the same time
>>
>>43588237
Then require some RP requirement to multi class? "Oh to take levels in Warlock if you didn'h have them before you have to make a pact with a being!" Maybe they need to train at the local keep with the Captain of the Guard or whatever.

Also makes a lot more sense when you realize nowhere does it say that to get a level in a class takes years of their life to train and hone their skills. I mean you can decide to make your character that but that doesn't make it the truth for every character.

Perhaps it would help your group if you did milestone leveling? That way it's not just after randomly fighting off some goblins, it's when they actually accomplish something and would make sense to level up.
>>
>>43588256
>"Oh to take levels in Warlock if you didn'h have them before you have to make a pact with a being!"
How do you explain someone who already started with a pact with a demon and has also a great grand grand grandfather demon? as a 1st level character you can't
>>
>>43588256
Well I have no problems with multiclassing continuity in my home group. My home group choses to stick to one class for one reason or another. Tbh they could multiclass all they want. Its just my personal view that it is weird.

And true i could go milestone system or require requirements to MC, but all of my milestone experiences has been very poor and my group would hate requirements to access a level in a class they think they have already earned by leveling up. Overall the group just sorta plays by ear though so depending on how things go depend on how things will be and what rules will be used.
>>
>>43588277
In reference to the Sorlock Multiclass? Easy, the power in their blood laid dormant until "SOMETHING" happened. Perhaps battle, or a spell they cast or anything really. Perhaps have someone related to them show up and go "You're a demon harry!" Really so many ways you can do it.

Sorcerers can also gain their power. Such as someone appeasing a dragon to get infused with their blood or some such. Maybe casting so much of the pact magic/being around a demonic presence ended up giving them actual powers!
>>
>>43586918
>I outlawed the Sorlock at out table.

Why not just build encounters that a player can't blast his way out of?
>>
>>43588295
In this edition multclassing, unless you do it fucking right, is not desirable, 80% of the time you make a mess and end way less powerful than going full class

I had a player who multiclassed monk and cleric (4/3 I think) and the poor guy didn't even had enough ki to do shit or enough spells to do shit, also no extra attack, I had to allow 3-4 short rests a day to at least give him enough ki and channel divinities to not be totally useless.

Then another, in another campaign, multiclassed rogue/moondruid and was even worse.

Sorcelock is one of the very few multiclasses that actually works and has synergy.
>>
Skimming through the UAs again; what were everyone's thoughts on the Rune Scribe and its associated runes?
>>
>>43588299
Sorcerers get their powers through their blood, sorcerers do not gain power from appeasing to greater powers.

On the flip side warlocks basically sell their soul to gain power from a greater power, most likely because they lack any other means to gain power and have expended all other resources to try to obtain magical power.

Why sell your soul to a eldrich entity if you have innate power, and why not use innate power if you have it already? Of course that's just my opinion. You all do you and I'll keep doing what i prefer :)
>>
>>43588237
>eldrich blast + hex + agonizing blast can pump out a surprising amount of damage.
Which you can get all of from 2 levels of Warlock and then there's no reason to take it any farther.
>>
>>43588336
> Why sell your soul to a eldrich entity if you have innate power

To get even more power?
>>
>>43588336
>sorcerers do not gain power from appeasing to greater powers.
>warlocks basically sell their soul to gain power from a greater power
I recommend you to read the manual, is a great experience and you'll learn a lot.

Not all sorcerers have a dragon/elementa/whatever grandparent and not all warlocks are fiend pacts
>>
>>43588336
"Any given sorcerer could be the first of a new bloodline, as a result of a pact or some other exceptional circumstance." - PHB pg 102
>>
>>43588336
>Any given sorcerer could be the first of a new bloodline, as a result of a pact or some other exceptional circumstance.

From the Draconic Bloodline entry.

From wild magic
>You might have endured expose to some form of raw magic.
>Perhaps you were blessed by a powerful fey creature or marked by a demon.

So totally cool that you do Sorcerers the way you do, but RAW there is already multiple examples of Sorcs having their power other than being born with it. One is literally you are blessed by a powerful being. Easily in the same ballpark as appeasing a greater power.
>>
>>43588319
Sounds about right. This edition took notes from the previous editions where people made rogues with almost 20D6 Sneak Atk dice and other broken combinations i can't think of and gimped MCing into the ground, but since I hear people praise this combo all the time I would assume its an exception.

To others, I would tell them to go ahead and do it and be happy with their character, but I do not like it myself, because i don't like it. MCing is just not for me. I explained why I would not do sorclock RP wise here >>43588336

Other combonations i have other reasons for, but of course some combos could easily work. I still would not do them just because I prefer to focus on one class only.
>>
>>43588336
>Make contract with dudes like Orcus to be on their hit show "pimp my soul"
>get even more power than before

Profit
>>
Sorlock works for a couple of reasons that have nothing to do with multiclass:

>ASI
They lose 1 ASI but doesn't matter because casters don't need many feats beyond rise their casting stat and pretty much nothing else
>Cantrips scale with CHARACTER level
But extra attack doesn't, that's why MC hurts more martials unless you do it beyond 5th level
>Warlock gains his main features (EB+Hex) at 1st level
Warlock is a cantrip class and pretty much nothing else, and you gain cantrips at 1st level, so you get all that makes warlock good at 1st level

MC rules don't hinder any of these so that's why sorlock has synergy, how to make sorlock less desirable? don't make warlock a 2 level dip
>>
>>43586884
NO, THAT'S HOW YOU GET ATHLETE'S FOOT FUNGUS ALL OVER MY HANDS, NOW GTFO I CAME HERE FIRST, I GET TO BURN IT DOWN FEGIT
>>
>>43586839
Yeah, why not?

Also, Im going to play OotA with some friends, but the party consists only of 3 people, one will play as paladin, the other as a rogue and the third guy as a wizard. Should we min/max our shit to ensure survival? Any tips/musts for this adventure? C'mon, /tg/! Give me something to work with!
>>
File: 2d4.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>43588342
>>43588348
>>43588356
>>43588360
>>43588364

I'm so glad /tg/ is open to opinion. True you can do it I even said you could but I said "Personally" I don't like it. And I gave my reasons why i don't like it. As I said before I would never Band playes from doing it but I do not like it "personally". It just seems strange "to me". But sure just start dissecting the book to prove a point that does not need to be made. A point I already knew. Am I not allowed to have my own opinion on the matter?
>>
>>43588390
I don't think orcus would return your soul to you though. In fact I'm quite sure he would sooner make you a zombie minion than give up your soul from whatever contract you made. JS.
>>
>>43588458
>I'm so glad /tg/ is open to opinion.

Actually I think that happened because posting on /tg/ long enough makes you forget the concept of a rhetorical question.
>>
>>43588458
>Says "sorcerers get their powers through their blood, sorcerers do NOT gain power from appeasing to greater powers."
>Proved wrong
>"But sure just start dissecting the book to prove a point that does not need to be made."
Are you innately dumb or do you train? sincerely asking
>>
>>43588458
I think it's because of

>Sorcerers get their powers through their blood, sorcerers do not gain power from appeasing to greater powers

and

>On the flip side warlocks basically sell their soul to gain power from a greater power

You seem to be misunderstood that people are arguing about how you handle multiclassing when it's about how you understand the basic classes. Totally fine doing it the way you want, but it's wrong. If you disallow other ways to become a sorc/lock in your game that's OK but that not how it normally is.

So when you respond to a post with a clearly different understand of the core classes than other people, of course they are going to write back and correct you because everyone is on a different page apparently.
>>
>>43588404
I agree they probably have the best synergy of any MCing combo one could make. They can become quite powerful casters and once you have Cha 20, warcaster, and Medium armor & shield proficiency you are set. You get the best AC, the best damage bolster, and still get most of your spells. I just don't like it RP wise. But of course others can do as they please. It's perfectly valid.
>>
>>43588488
>But of course others can do as they please. It's perfectly valid.

This is 4chan, no need to be diplomatic. Call them the class-mixing heretical whoresons they are.
>>
>>43588483
I never said I disallowed it, I just explained why I PERSONALLY do not like it. Also I'm quite positive the instances of being gifted with sorcery is implied to be alot rarer than when your born into it.
>>
>>43588479
It sorta is considering its 2 lines that support one way compared to 20 lines that favor my way, but of course, as I will repeat alot, you all can do as you please in your games, and of course MCing is allowed in my games, but I would never MC. It's just unappealing.
>>
>>43588512
Damage control, backpedaling and moving the goalpost in one post, this must be a record.
>>
>>43588520
I've never changed anything about my position. Ever since I shared my opinion I have repeated the same things. Granted maybe I missed a few lines but anything I said that was incorrect was my understanding of it, not some fantasy I made up and am changing around.

My point has always been: "This is why I don't like MC", "MC sorclock is solid", "You all do what you want". I didn't expect this flurry of responses over an opinion, but I guess at its core /tg/ is still 4Chan.
>>
Has there been any official rules written about exotic materials yet? Specificly Adamantine and Mithril?
>>
>>43588512
Why you keep bringing the "I don't like MC, is ok if you like MC" when he isn't arguing about that? Half the anons that replied to you don't care about that, they only cared about you getting the class descriptions wrong. Why you insist on being such a cunt?
>>
>>43588543
Aren't they in the DMG as magic armors?
>>
>>43588551
>Why you insist on being such a cunt?
This is 4chan, being a cunt run through our veins, we're Cunt sorcerers if you like.
>>
>>43588543
As far as I understand the only way to get either material type of weapon or armor is to get it in the same fashion as one would get a magic item, but I would say it would be purchasable in dwarven cities if its just a home game. Makes more sense that way, since they are rare but not too rare and a natural metal.
>>
>>43588558
They only show up as those though. Im just wondering if there are rules for them that i can apply.
>>
>>43588571
No, they're probably more rare in this edition, and the only manufactured items you'll find would be those that appear in the DMG.
>>
>>43588551
Whats making me a cunt? This has always been about MCing. I got a small detail in the class description wrong while giving one of my reasons why I don't like MCing sorclock and everyone acts like I'm saying no sorclock for anyone. yes I was wrong. Is an appology needed for being wrong? Even though in the grand scheme nothing has changed and no one has been hurt physically or mentally?

But seriously, what exactly is making me a cunt? I've been nothing but nice and supportive of others playing sorclock while giving my opinion.
>>
Why most of the new backgrounds lack traits, bonds, etc?
>>
>>43588615
Mostly its just a cop out. They pretty much tell you to look in the PHB for all of the personality stuff. Tbh it's probably for the best. there would probably be alot of repeating personality traits.
>>
>>43588543
Both are in the DMG pages 150 and 182 respectively. Both armors have their normal AC values but get bonuses.

Adamantine makes incoming crits into normal attacks and mithral removes stealth and strength penalties from armor.
>>
I'm playing an AL HotDQ game where we've reached the cloud giant castle, but I'm the only player to arrive regularly/not die and rebuild halfway through the campaign. As such our party has one 7th level character (me), one 5th level character, and two 4th level characters. Plus our DM has a penchant for upping the difficulty on us. Our last fight was interrupting a short rest with 4 cultist fanatics who knew the spell Shield instead of Command (and at least one healing spell), and had forty-one hitpoints (we know because 40 didn't kill them, and 41 did). I don't know what the hell can be done in this circumstance.
>>
>>43586884
Is Eschew Materials not a thing in 5E anymore or something? Our last wizard suffered a critical case of getting kicked the fuck out for being a faggot (both literally and figuratively, which is all sorts of bad when your attitudes and looks are pretty much 100% thirsty neckbeard except focused on cock) [/blogshit]and and we kinda played Hunter: The Vigil instead of trying to get another D&D campaign off the ground.

>>43586839
>Do you guys think the Positive and Negative Planes should have a place in 5E?
Only one or the other. Having both inevitably makes one feel like an afterthought. I'd go with having the Negative Energy Plane around as an universal threat to everything else.
>>
File: overrated.jpg (61 KB, 621x466) Image search: [Google]
overrated.jpg
61 KB, 621x466
>>43588336
>Of course that's just my opinion. You all do you and I'll keep doing what i prefer :)
This is the slimiest, most passive-aggressive thing I've read all day, and the emote really drives that home.
>>
>Starting a 15th level hardcore campaign
>Thinking on going Half-Elf Far traveler Devotion Paladin3/Undying light Warlock6/Draconic Sorcerer6
Too cheesy?
>>
>>43588779
where is the passive aggressive in this?
>>
>>43588796
Seems solid. Dex paladin I am assuming?
>>
>>43587291
ancient pyramids half-buried filled with mummies and whatever traps
>>
>>43588819
GM wants us to roll, but I thought the character beforehand using standard array, and yes, unless I roll awesomely it's going to be Dex paladin.
>>
>>43588849
Seems like a solid plan. My group use to roll but one player "just so happened" to always end up with nothing but super high scores. Anywho, you will only get two ASI with this route. Why throw paladin into the mix? and why Level 6 in warlock? Have not read the Undying light archtype and I can't remember anything amazing being in the 3rd level of paladin. though I do know Undying light gives bonus to radiant damage (Smite buff), and 2nd level paladin can crank out serious damage on smites in general.
>>
>>43588849
>>43588819
Why Dex paladin? you have access to heavy armors and shields.

With standard array and two ASIs you can have 18, 10, 14, 8, 12, 18, AC 18 (or 20 if you use shield).
>>
>>43588796
Describe the goal of the build because
>draconic sorcerer
is confusing me
>>
>>43588896
Mmm, you might be right, didn't took into account the heavy armor proficiency, I feel like a retard.

>>43588881
Devotion paladin 3 gives you +Cha to melee attacks for 1 minute per short rest.
Undying light 6 gives you when you roll your first death roll for the day you regain half your HPs, stand up and deals level+Cha to all enemies in 30ft also blinds them.
>>
>>43588908
Survive in a hardcore campaign while having fun, thinking on abuse GFB.

Draconic sorcerer is because my character is a paladin of Bahamut and happens to have to relation to dragons related to him.
>>
>>43588896
Because it wastes your natural AC from Dragon sorc, also you cant Get heavy armor proficiency from paladin when multiclassing. Unless your first level is in paladin that is, but I think there is a negative consequence to that too.
>>
>>43588912
If you aren't going to pick PM or GWM better go dex route. Start as a sorcerer for Con proficiency, multiclass into pal for medium armor (which is also good) and go dex.
>>
>>43588912
>when you roll your first death roll for the day you regain half your HPs, stand up and deals level+Cha to all enemies in 30ft also blinds them
Dafuq WotC, you gimp out on most Lv. 6 abilities viable but give the UA warlock a healing and blinding nova? On a serious note, seems very solid. Just make sure to note your first level is in paladin if you plan to use heavy armor. MC cuts out Heavy armor proficiency off of fighters and paladins, or so my AL DM has told me.
>>
>>43588928
>Nova warlock thing
>2 cha mods to damage
>smites
>can do great weapon fighting style to reroll 1s and 2s if using a great sword
Jesus fucking Christ this is great
>>
>>43588796
Depending on whether you're going for feats or ASIs, you might find yourself being unable to hit enemies. If you're going for ASIs instead, your DM might just throw enemies with fire resistance at you.

Note that Shield of Faith and Hex are mutually exclusive.

You might have trouble dealing with things out of combat, but if you don't care, consider dipping one level into Rune Scribe for the fire rune.
>>
File: 1051657-1390648970[1].jpg (389 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1051657-1390648970[1].jpg
389 KB, 1680x1050
So are sun monks worth playing? Or are Open Hand still best?
>>
>>43589093
I think long death is better than sun monk, but sun monk is cool, not incredible good but better than wot4e

I hope they fix the "no damage on success save" from their fireball though.
>>
>>43589093
Sun if pretty fun since you get ranged and aoe stuff, but Open hand is still probably the best mechanically.
>>
>>43589034
Fuck I mistyped and posted before I got to say the true cheese

>new UA fighting styles
>can use bonus action to make opportunity attacks without using reaction
>fighter 1/warlock 8
>grab that fighting style
>be variant human
>grab polearm master, war caster, and an ability score improvement for good cha

>get into a fight
>use your bonus action
>someone runs up to you
>blast them with eldritch blast 3 times, has the push thing so they get blown back 30 feet.
>they have to reenter your blast range
>get blasted again and pushed again
>laugh as entire hoards of anything run up to you only to get pushed back
Nothing that does melee attacks will survive.
>>
>>43589068
Well, he's going to let us have a +1 weapon and +1 armor (or similar for those who don't use armor) as far as I know, but he might change his mind.

I hope I have 18 on both my main stats (Dex, Cha or Str, Cha) with standard array and two ASIs is more than affordable, if I roll good I taking elemental adept seems a great idea, or probably change to booming blade.
>>
>>43589111
You can't use your cantrip on a AoO more than once, anon, even with Tunnel fighter, read warcaster, it takes a reaction.
>>
>>43589111
As per http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/16/polearm-caster/, you aren't supposed to be able to Eldritch Blast with Polearm Master. Whether your DM uses this ruling, or the RAW from the rulebook is another matter, though.

Notably, we do now have cantrips that do use weapons. I wonder if this was intentional.
>>
>>43589126
I guess I thought it would count as an AoO instead of just a replacement. I'd imagine a DM would probably accept this but I don't know about the guy's DM would accept it.
>>
>>43589154
Read both the feat and the style, RAW is doesn't work.
>>
>>43589175
>hey DM this warcaster feat says I can cast instead of making an AoO, can this work with this fighting style that lets me make AoOs?
This doesn't sound too unreasonable.
>>
>>43589120
If you roll a bunch of 18s, you don't need to play a Paladin/Warlock. That's for when you can only afford to pump 1 stat.

You may as well play a Barbarian 1/Bladesinger 2/Battle Master Tunnel Fighter 12 with Sentinel, and shit on people trying to move past you to your allies while you shit on them with your 25 AC during Bladesong, and your Rages giving you resistance to a bunch of damage.
>>
>>43589228
>Barbarian
>You can't have concentration spells while raging
Yeah, seems like a great idea.
>>
>>43589228
Why bladesinger?
You can't use 2hd weapons while bladesinging (polearms with reach for example) you also can't use concentration spells, srly, why bladesinger and not a shield?
>>
>>43589255
There are hardly any worthwhile concentration spells for a 2nd level wizard. The only reasons I threw Bladesinger in there were Bladesong, Shield, and out of combat utility.
>>
>>43589255
Bladesong is not a spell
>>
>>43589279
You also can't cast spells while raging.
>>
>>43588729
If you have a spellcasting focus you can ignore the material components for a spell as long as the materials aren't measured in GP, or as long as the spell doesn't have a casting time longer than a certain amount iirc
>>
>>43589363
My bad on that one.

It'd still be more fun than the alternative of am eventual Monk 14/Bladesinger 2 for proficiency in all saves and 10+Dex+Wis+Int to AC, I think.
>>
File: WP_20140812_020.jpg (300 KB, 1099x1600) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140812_020.jpg
300 KB, 1099x1600
>>43586839

Looks like they have a place surrounding the rest of the multiverse.
>>
>>43589389
Proficiency in all saves? How?
>>
>>43589413
>Monk 14
>>
>>43589389
>Dex, Wis, Con and Int
Someone call the asylum, we have a MADman on the loose
>>
File: 1444460230516.jpg (196 KB, 1000x731) Image search: [Google]
1444460230516.jpg
196 KB, 1000x731
>>43589450
>Someone call the asylum, we have a MADman on the loose
That was so, so, SO very bad.

Yet I laughed.

Really I should just end myself.
>>
>>43589450
That was my point. If he'd rolled high on multiple stats, he'd be wasting them going Paladin/Sorcerer/Warlock when it's a build that basically only requires Cha.

Also, the only people who need Con are people who plan to get hit. :^)
>>
>>43586839

I think the planes shouldn't get much info at all outside of what specific setting books say about them. They should also be significantly different from each other and have a purpose to that game world to justify their existence.
>>
File: 1439440149902.jpg (2 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
1439440149902.jpg
2 KB, 125x100
>>43589450
>>
>>43589475
He didn't said he need to roll high on multiple stats.
With elite array and two ASIs he gets 18, 18, 14, 12, 10, 8. If he rolls the same as elite array or above you can save one ASI while still have similar stats and use that ASI on elemental adept for example.
>>
File: 1316201696628.jpg (4 KB, 144x102) Image search: [Google]
1316201696628.jpg
4 KB, 144x102
>>43589475
>tfw rolled two 18s and two 15s legit and used it to play a single-classed Champion Fighter
>>
>>43589572
I have an urge to stab something.
>>
>>43588237
Some people just give zero fucks about the lore behind the classes.
>>
>>43588237
Some class can be made fluffy as archetypes when multiclassing. And multiclassing in AD&D was the schtick of the non-humans.

But multiclassing two primary casters: no, fuck off.
>>
>>43589709
Why not? he'd probably just end up sucking more than if he stuck with one
>>
>>43588438
>only 3 people
You're fucked, min/max as hard as possible and PROTECT the npcs that you start with. They'll carry you through the deadly early game if you keep them alive.
>>
>>43589104
Multiclass sun monk with undying light warlock and it becomes broken beyond belief. Ridiculously good.
>>
Has anyone created a Deep Stalker yet?
>>
>>43589861
>Dex, Wis, Con and Cha
I heard they're looking for you, Mr MADman
>>
>>43589482
I figure most magic is tied to the planes, so they're important in that regard.
>>
>>43589572
I would go Open Hand Monk if I rolled that good.
>>
>>43589861
>Adds Cha to sunbolts
>Broken
I still deals less damage than any other martial even if you have 20 on Cha, anon, that's not broken, is just a good improvement, but far behind OP material
>>
>>43589896
Dex and Cha are far more important to that multiclass than wis and con. Wis becomes almost irrelevant.
>>
>>43589913
Sorry, to sunbolts, burning hands, fireball and sun shield, still nothing beyond slightly (and needed) improvement.
>>
>>43589913
RAW you get to add both Cha and Dex to sunbolts, with hex from Warlock on top of that. This is what makes it so good.
>>
>>43589922
>Stun is irrelevant
>Your DC on burning hands and fireball are irrelevant
Ok
>>
>>43589939
>>43589928
>>43589913

4d6 (sun bolt) + 4d6 (hex) + 16 (Dex Mod x4) + 12 (Cha Mod x4) per round.
>>
>>43589938
>This is what makes it so good.
Good? yes, so good? not really, like I said, monk is already behind in damage, adding 20 to damage only pumbs it to 4th place (if the rogue isn't a sharpshooter one)

Look:
>Monk
>4d10+20 (dex) + 20 (cha)
62 on average
>Rogue with xbow xpert and sharpshooter (they have 6 ASI and don't need to rise Cha)
>2d6+10 (dex) + 20 (sharpshooter) +10d6
Average 72

And the rest of martials deal even more
>>
>>43589961
>Average 56
You're still behind the rest of martials
>>
>>43589972
Ok, fair point.
>>
>>43589861
Arguably, using a ranged spell attack with the Attack action is distinct from Casting a Spell, which itself is also a distinct action; accordingly, Radiant Sun Bolt does not quality for the damage bonus from Radiant Soul, as it is not cast as a spell, despite being a ranged spell attack.
>>
>>43589997
It's a nice synergy though, but, imo, I wouldn't dip more than 2 levels on warlock as a monk, you'll lose ki, unarmed damage if you do.
>>
>Starting PotA as a player Sunday after being foreverDM for all of 5e

It's going to fizzle out quickly, isn't it 5eg
>>
>>43590074
And then this faggot >>43590067 appears and shows me the light.
>>
>>43588017
no, but you're focusing on having a complex build that is also well optimized.
nothing inherently bad in that, if it fits your game, but it's bad if you'd also want to play a druid for in-character reasons... and can't.
the need for complexity and optimization is hindering you.
>>
>>43587291
You know how there's elephant graveyards? Sphinx graveyard, or manticore to taste.

An oasis that is the back of a giant jem beetle that moves with the moon, and will curse any who shed blood or wash themselves of blood in the waters.

A stand of statues whose appearance is of nobles at a party, some with petrified food still in their hands. At night faint music is heard if you stand within their reach. Eventually a piercing scream and the sounds of scales moving across tiled floors breaks the calm of the night.
>>
>monk DPS complaints

Greater Flurry
At 11th level, the number of unarmed strikes granted by your Flurry of Blows feature increases to three. At 20th level, it increases to four.

Is it fixed?
>>
>>43587291
Evil elemental bitches who use illusions to make people think they are in the middle of a 90s beer commercial then murder them while they swallow a mouthful of sand.
>>
>>43590301
it's bad design, it makes the other 'as a bonus action' ki options worse compared to flurry as the monk levels up.
>>
Would a Fighter/Sorcerer or a Fighter/Wizard make for a more efficient Gish? And how would you go about the level progression.
>>
>>43590301
>Make wot4e and sun soul monk even more irrelevant
>"Is it fixed?"
Kinda
An anon proposed that at 11th level they add 1d8 radiant damage to their weapon attacks for 2 ki and lasts a minute, like in the playtests, sounds cool imo.
>>
>>43590380
I think it would, probably better sorcerer than wizard for those twined GFB, then I'd pick paladin instead of fighter for those smites.
>>
>>43590380
paladin/sorcerer, or fighter/wizard.
smites and metamagic on one side, more attacks and bladesong on the other.
>>
>>43590380
Not really. Gishes are inefficient by nature, since they're all about breadth of options at the expense of depth. You could take two levels of fighter and sacrifice your highest level of spell slots for heavy armor and the chance to Action Surge. But this would be yet another gish build that is better off never using weapons.
>>
>>43587291
A particularly nasty stretch of desert peppered with giant stone statues. No one knows who built them or whay but the shadows they cast are good for staying out of the sun and they provide some shelter during heavy winds and storms.
>>
>Start building Cha Gish
>Paladin 2 / X
>You know what seems better? Get that feat with Paladin 4 / x
>Well if I want Cha to saves, I could go Paladin 6 / x...
>Might as well go 1 more with Ancients for sweet antimagic aura at 7
>Do I want to wait 4 levels for my second feat or 1? Let's take the feat now and then jump
>Now at Paladin 8
>consider 1 more level because 3rd level Paladin spells so much better than 2nd
>...

Every time. Damn it Paladin.
>>
>>43590380
First off, obligatory "you don't need to optimize this hard" objection. It's true that there's some variance in power level, but you'll be able to make meaningful contributions with 20 levels of any core class.

Second, remember that the default assumption in 5e is no multiclassing. In some sense, this is not a very good comparison, because many games will simply not allow you to take this option.

Anyways, caveats aside, yes you can probably improve performance by multiclassing fighter/wizard. Fighter really peaks at 11th level with extra attack (2), so starting down a full caster's path for spell slots (and to a lesser extent spells known/prepared) is probably a little stronger. If you're using SCAG and want to go with a pure GFB build, you could probably stop at 7 for War Magic, though you'll find that you have a lot of things competing for your bonus action if you do that. In either case, sorc and wizard are both fine -- sorc gets you quickened spell after 3 levels, and wizard has a generally better spell list.
>>
>>43590623
Well, Paladins are a Divine Gish in a can.
>>
Arcana Cleric can gish reasonably well. Throw in Magic Initiate for Shillelagh and you can be SAD as well, although then Nature Cleric is the better option until 17th level. It might need some help getting dps up though.
>>
>>43590347
>it's bad design
Not surprising considering I pulled it out of my ass in two minutes, but I think Step of the Wind and Patient Defense's niche is already pretty small so the change is negligible.

>>43590393
>wot4e
Wot4E needs a major redux and to be perfectly honest I don't really consider it when balancing monk changes (for better or for worse).

>sun soul
Yeah, I'd give them a similar ability with their sun darts if I was going to implement a change like this.
>>
>>43590717
True, but arcana cleric with magic initiate for druid has access to Arcane, Divine, and Primal magic at 1st level. It's neat.
>>
>>43590717
GFB and Booming blade, anon.
>>
>>43587087
fair enough. Honestly though, spells work how the DM says they work, as long they talk about it with the players before hand.
>>
File: question girl.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
question girl.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
This might be a dumb question, but can anyone help me with the Dnd 5e Spell Viewer? I'm trying to edit it to include the new cantrips from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, but any changes I make get deleted when I close the program.
>>
>>43590871
Why not just use dnd-spells.com
>>
>>43590753
I assumed you'd grab those, but that's still less damage than Extra Attack provides.Then again, you can up your damage with Hold Person and Spiritual Weapon.
>>
>>43590958
>but that's still less damage than Extra Attack provides
Less but not that lower
With two attacks you deal at best 4d6+10 = 24

With GFM you deal 4d8+5 = 23 (and this assuming you're using a d8 weapon and not hitting secondary target)
>>
>>43590958
You weren't going to get extra attack with cleric anyways so
>>
>>43591003
Note Arcana Cleric doesn't get martial weapons. Incidentally If you take Druid Magic Initiate, what would you take as the other cantrip and 1st level spell?
>>
>>43591205
Thornwhip
>>
>>43591088

Clerics get their Extra Attack earlier than the Martials.

It's called Spiritual Weapon.
>>
>>43591310
And you can still use spiritual weapon and GFB
>>
File: dd-thief.png (4 MB, 2687x3445) Image search: [Google]
dd-thief.png
4 MB, 2687x3445
Tell me about your Rogue

What have they stolen?

Gold? Jewels? Hearts?
>>
>>43592239

The Rogue in our game is fucked. Literally.
The GM is going for a more gritty experience, something we all agreed to. 17 year old Rogue decides to prance about on the rough side of town alone and made no attempt at stealth.
Caught by two criminals who decided to enjoy her company for an hour or so.

The player was pretty pissed the GM made him roll to see if the Rogue might be pregnant now.
>>
>>43592316
Magical realm? no, thank you, have a nice day.
>>
>>43592316
>The player was pretty pissed the GM made him roll to see if the Rogue might be pregnant now.
You can't end the story without revealing the result.
>>
>>43592345
It wasn't magical realm until the pregnancy thing.
>>
>>43592391
>Rape
>Not magical realm
Sure thing, bro
>>
>>43586839
Thinking of introducing a sentient item in my game via a Sword that one of the players already has, but has been kept shrouded in mystery so far. It's essentially a depowered Blackrazor.

Anyone have any experience with, or tips regarding involving a sentient item?
>>
>>43592316
>Rogue not being able to defeat two low criminals
>>
>>43592316

Did this end with everyone leaving the table at once? Because that's some really fucked up DMing.
>>
>>43592316
It's magical realm if he wouldn't do the same thing to a 17 year old boy rogue. This is D&D5, not "le reality." No -4 STR
>>
>>43592401
It isn't magical realm until it's fetishized. Dude's DM is clearly just an immature fuckwit who thinks rape for drama is edgy, and ALSO has a pregnancy fetish.
>>
>>43592453
It's really just causing player drama for a sadistic and pointless reason. It would be just as dumb if he was like, "Oh, you walk down this alley without using stealth? Well, 3 4th level fighters show up, grapple you, and a dirty Wizard casts magic missile until you die. DON'T SPLIT THE PARTY hahahehua... memes."

Like really, isn't the whole point of a rogue that they fit in to those environments? If anything they'd offer her to help out in a gang rape.
>>
Given the SAD nature of the Arcana Cleric gish described here >>43590717, what would be some good feats to take?
>>
>>43592453
>>43592559
I don't get it. Is rape against the rules that every DM is sworn to follow or something? He warned people that his campaign was going to be gritty and the players apparently agreed.

Also what was the result of the pregnancy roll? I hope he has the lucky feat.
>>
>>43592739
>lel five guys grab u n u get raped
>also roll for pregnancy, kek

Rape for drama can be done tastefully and maturely. This was neither.
>>
>>43592794
Were you there? You were given a 5 line summary that never included the word rape or even sex. For all you know he danced around it softly and tastefully. Or maybe he didn't and he handled it like how you memed it, who knows. But you guys seem to be sperging out just because there was rape.
>>
>>43592416
You can try to NOT use any epic schemes for the motivation of the sentient item.
Something simple that aligns with the PCs goals and alignment. As long as it has some personality you're bound for enjoyable roleplaying moments, if the players act on it.

One of my characters had a bitter halfling wizard's soul inside his sword. We made some nice magical experiments and he was salty as fuck against any non-magical characters since he was apparently lynched by a scared and angry mob in his life. Good times.
>>
>>43592864

>Raping a character for going into the seedy part of town despite being a fucking rogue

Rape is a shitty tool used by edgelord DMs to punish players. Unless the plotline was agreed to ahead of time (and probably not even then given most groups) this was a shitty dick move by an immature DM who should be punished by having people leave his shitty game.
>>
>>43592739
>Is rape against the rules that every DM is sworn to follow or something?
Actually, rape is never mentioned in either the PHB or the DMG, so if you use rape in your games as a DM then you're clearly a homebrew faggot.
>>
File: Zern.jpg (149 KB, 400x571) Image search: [Google]
Zern.jpg
149 KB, 400x571
So, I'm working on converting Zern (from 3.5 MM4) and some of their monsters/experiments into 5e.

Anyone have any other ideas for things that deserve a direct conversion along with them/would make good monstrous horrors?
>>
I'm new to RPGs and never played a game before, but I'd like to start a campaign as a DM with 3-4 of my friends who are also complete newbies.
One of them played before with a DM scribbling shit on paper and making up stuff as they went along and said it was okay.

I'm a pretty obsessive, so could you guys just recommend me a rulebook/system for newbies so I can read up on it for hours on end?
Also general tips/links would be welcome too, if there's a good one that's universally recommended. So I don't fall into to usual pitfalls of new players.
I think any fantasy type setting wll fly with them, there will be one guy who will min/max and hates fluff and two others who will be into the roleplaying part, but they will probably be pretty shy the first time.

Also I came from watching some critical role and other stuff on youtube/twitch, I don't expect it will be like that for us, since we aren't voice actors or something. It just seemed fun, not sure what to expect, but with a few beers and friends it can't go all the wrong, right?
I think I'm a pretty good storyteller
>>
>>43593194
Elan and Kalashtar
>>
>>43593213
All of the books are in the OP. Download them, read them, start brewing ideas for a campaign in your head and then start writing stuff down. You can look through some of the official modules to get a feel for what DMing is like.

Lost Mines of Phandelver in particular is short and light, so you can skim through and learn the ropes so to speak without even running it. Alternatively you could run it just so all of you get experience with 5e. LMoP is short and lasts for around 6 sessions or so, but it's a pretty fun campaign and it's excellent for people new to gaming.

And yes, this game is very fun when you play with friends, even if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
>>
>>43593010
Hmmmm, my plan is this: Every kill that the sword gets (it's currently wielded by a half-orc Barbarian) essentially empowers it, and I've got this pseudo leveling system for the sword.

After 100 or X kills, it becomes sentient, and will begin to beckon the group to go somewhere yadda yadda plot hook.

But the idea is to go through different levels of sentience the more kills he gets.
>>
>>43590940
I prefer a simple program I can download to my computer over a website I have to sign up for.
>>
>>43593213
You might get a better experience than the critical role guys since you're going to be in a smaller party.

One thing you should keep in mind is that you're trying to get the players to tell the story. What you're giving them is tools to help them do that. Scenes and peripheral characters they meet along the way. You want them to be moving it along. The classic way to get them to do that is to give them "hooks," which set them on a general path but gives them room to maneuver. What I do with every group is set up a long term goal. Usually it's treasure awaiting them hundreds of miles away. Maybe they were promised payment for military or mercenary service, or they know someone of power who promised them pieces of their estate. How they get to the final destination is up to them, but it keeps them moving.

Also, your obsessive personality can be helpful if you use it to craft at least one alternate path for everything they do. Try not to plan more than two sessions ahead.
>>
>>43593213
Don't worry about creating a story for your players; the game IS you and the players creating a story. 70% Collaborative, 30% Competitive.

What's always helped me, is create a world and situations to see what the players will do, then play off of that and keep going.
>>
How do I use this homebrew microsoft word template?
>>
>>43586839
Jesus Christ checkerboard guy, I know that's your thing, but matching robe and tablecloth?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x306
One of the backgrounds from the Adventurers League pack for Hillsfar includes "a cast off military jacket, cap, or scarf". I know that any given place at any given time in FR doesn't translate to actual eras, but what sort of military dress would that be? It certainly doesn't sound like a surcoat. Perhaps something like pic related? Are there any pictures of the Red Plumes or other agents of Hillsfar in uniform?
>>
File: 306_red_wool_cassock_on_form.jpg (14 KB, 306x353) Image search: [Google]
306_red_wool_cassock_on_form.jpg
14 KB, 306x353
>>43593828
Definitely not the right period. This is 19th century, even the hungarian hussars didn't start wearing that until the 18th century.

depending on your view of the realms, it would be some sort of tabard or cassock.
>>
>>43592239
My rogue tried to steal a plot macguffin and my DM had her NPCs and my fellow party members automatically know the what, when, where, why, and how I stole it, even though I beat them all at my Sleight of Hand and Stealth checks to steal and hide the thing, and my Deception check to provide an alibi. He's now a wanted felon and half the party wants nothing to do with him.
>>
>>43593828
The Red Plumes are always shown in plate armor. Maybe their "jacket" is a red gambeson. The cap might be one of the cut brim beret things (pic related I don't know the name).
>>
>>43594079
this is a toque (different from what the english in Canada call a toque, which isn't actually called a toque in french).
>>
>>43594069

Was there a good reason to take it, or were you being randumb?
>>
>>43594069

STOP

YOU VIOLATED THE LAW
>>
>>43594096
Oh weird. There's a ton of different styles but I see they all follow the same general design.
>>
>>43593278
>>43593367
>>43593400
Thanks guys, alternating paths here I come. I usually do a binary tree 3 steps ahead whenever I have a conversation with anyone anyways.
>>
So if I plan on using the sanity stat in my campaign, should I keep it hidden or should I allow my players to know their score and its modifications?

Also how should I go about deciding the actual stat? Have them roll for it? A uniform 10 across the board? Should I take their personalities and histories into account?
>>
>>43594161
Just another tard who thinks all thieves have kleptomania, as opposed to stealing out of necessity or job description. It's still wrong that the players are playing their characters as having knowledge of doing it. If they want to player to player call him a fucking stupid retarded asshole that's fine though.
>>
what does /5eg/ think about an Undying Light Warlock being in service to Meridia in a Tamriel-themed game?
>>
>>43594294
Literally a perfect fit.
>>
>>43594254
I would tell them that it exists and keep track of it ticking down and maybe roll for them. If you're going spooky then they should be paranoid. Not disclosing your rolls will freak them out.
>>
>>43594294
That's pretty on the nose. She abhors the undead and is technically benevolent, but is still a daedra and doesn't actually care about humanity. It's a perfect Warlock Patron.

Also, Daedra Worshippers fit the Warlock to a T.
>>
>>43594349
That's actually a good point. I hadn't taken into account the anxiety it could cause if they knew it was there.
>>
File: Dawnbreaker.png (500 KB, 759x1446) Image search: [Google]
Dawnbreaker.png
500 KB, 759x1446
>>43594294
Son, that's the very first thing I thought of when I first saw it.
>Undying Light Bladelock's weapon is pic related
>>
>>43588597
cause you're being a faggit and reply instead of ignoring it
>>
>>43594367
That sword is one of the few things I liked from vanilla Skyrim.
>>
>>43594399
It is quite useful, considering how often you fight draugr and the sort.
>>
>>43594161
My rogue's ultimate motivation, which I expressed to the DM while she was approving characters, is to succeed his late father, a master thief who favored high-value targets. The DM said that would work fine and described some important artifacts that exist in her setting that my rogue could eventually steal. The macguffin in question was one such artifact, and appeared before my character pretty early in the game (first session or two), and it seemed the natural thing to do was steal it as my first big get.
>>
>>43594445
>tfw vampire wielding Dawnbreaker
>tfw Dawnbreaker can't kill the vampire king
dammit
>>
Are there any good aligned gods that favor sacrifice and violent justice? I had an idea to make a cult that worshiped a good god and received its blessings. The blessings gave them strength to fight monsters or whatever, but warped their bodies, eventually turning them into mad beasts. The overall idea is they were being played by another god-like being, but didn't realize it until they were already too far twisted and gone. They didn't suspect something was amiss because the changes happened subtly and slowly, and they rationalized the changes as the sacrifice they had to make to attain the power to mete out justice.

I was thinking Tyr might suffice.
>>
I love Lucky feat, I makes me feel like a true hero

>BBEG throws at you his strongest attack? hold on...NO!
>Disvantage due circumstances? hold on...NO!

I dunno why so many people hate it, I that's pretty much inspiration's work, but really, how many GMs give you inspirations? doesn't matter how much I roleplay and follow my background traits, bonds, etc to the letter, most GMs don't give you shit.
>>
>>43594707
most GMs probably don't remember. If you like inspiration and feel like you deserve it, bring it up.
>>
>>43594707
>BBEG throws at you his strongest attack? hold on...NO!
Inspiration can't stop this.
>>
>>43594790
Maybe if it's a save roll.
>>
>>43594542
Tyr is definitely the good god that likes punishment and self sacrifice. Old books described him as being the guy good people prayed to under dictatorships to bring about revolutions. His priests wear armor during their services and rites, hence the War domain. He's basically the god of college Marxism.

>they were being played by another god-like being, but didn't realize it until they were already too far twisted and gone.
Sounds like that asshole Cyric.
>>
>>43592421
It could have been two Thugs, which are more then enough to wipe whole parties
>>
>>43594891
Maybe then, yah.
>>
>>43594937
>Two leaders of bandits decide to join and rape a girl
Thug is not a actually a thug.
>>
>>43594918
Thanks for the info, anon. I'll read up on both of them.
>>
>>43592239
My main group's rogue hates my paladin. Went out of his way to look for books instead of help me fight the tiger man that suplexed me out a window.
>>
>>43596113
You could always suggest to the local authorities that he's possibly dangerous and should be investigated. Or even just point out that "tiger man" incident.

Two can play at the PvP fag game.
>>
>>43589748
Shit, how hard are we talking here?
>>
>>43588438
You are already dead.
>>
>DM is hellbent on DMing hoard of the dragon queer and tranny of dragons
>Tell him about what I overheard on Internet
>He doens't care
What should I roll?
>>
>>43588438
>OotA
>3 people
I hope you said goodbye to your anus.
At least theres a paladin there to help you losers.
>>
>>43596512
Crown Paladin.
>>
>>43596512
>tranny of dragons
yaiiii, someone else did my thing!
>>
>>43596555
>tranny of dragons
>why?
>because its a trap
I remember how imature you were then and how imature you are being now.
>my thing
Ha, I bet you're not even the first anon to come up with that, loser.
Bet you use beastmaster and get your party killed every session., and when you have to go pee, you are the asshole who stumbles his foot on the table and spill all the drinks.
>>
File: 1447177583930.png (196 KB, 639x352) Image search: [Google]
1447177583930.png
196 KB, 639x352
>>43596590
>>
>>43588438
What paths/races you guys planning on taking?
>>
>>43596512
>Dragon queer
>Tranny of dragons
Carlos, I swear to god
>>
>>43596536
>Implying he's going to be alive to be a crown paladin at 3rd level
Hah, good one
>>
File: dammit carlos.jpg (2 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
dammit carlos.jpg
2 KB, 125x100
>>
>>43596512
V.Human, something with heavy armor, grab heavy armor master

Btf, It's just me or heavy armor master hasn't been mentioned in a long time?
>>
>>43596933
It's because heavy armor master has a fairly large falloff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.