[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An IG shuttle crashes on fallout 3 earth A single random Imperial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: IG.jpg (81 KB, 548x779) Image search: [Google]
IG.jpg
81 KB, 548x779
An IG shuttle crashes on fallout 3 earth

A single random Imperial Guardswoman is dropped into the middle of the capital wasteland roughly 1 year before the lone wanderer ever crawls out of vault 101

How does she fare?
She has
>1 Lasrifle
>4 power packs
>5 frag grenades
>Carapace armor
>Knife
>>
>>43586546
>She sees super mutants
>Vaporizes them instantly
"Huh, I remember greenskins being tougher than that"
>>
>>43586546
Tumblr hair cut in my Astra Militarum?

RUINED FOREVER!
>>
>>43586564
regional hair style? I'm not one to judge so long as she shoots straight
>>
>>43586546
She shows up, saves the entire wasteland, then goes up to a brother of steel to ask if she can get some directions to somewhere

"Keep moving outsider"
>>
>>43586564
>.jpg
>FUCKING TUMBLR FORMAT RGGHGHLGL I AM SO MAD
>>
File: (Purging intensifies).gif (3 MB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
(Purging intensifies).gif
3 MB, 800x708
>>43586546
>Joins BoS
>informs them of IG ship nearby
>they send out a beacon into space
>Intercepted by Imperial Navy
>Navy takes a single look at the local population...
They send down some friendly problem solvers to help out the wasteland
>>
File: 2948288-0713366966-08062.jpg (129 KB, 750x469) Image search: [Google]
2948288-0713366966-08062.jpg
129 KB, 750x469
The Brotherhood gets rescued by the Imperium and they get their own IG regiment where they wear decent armor, use good weapons, and actually try to improve their tech as they fight on.
>>
>>43586546
Being a soldier in the IG is not necessarily a badge of being worth a shit, but on average they'll be pretty decent soldiers with prior experience.

The whole deal with the IG is that the people can be literally anything you can think up, so by extension, anything will happen.
If you go by averages though, she'll either join up with the Brotherhood of Steel, seeing as they're the closest thing to something familiar, or become the most infamous mercenary in the whole wasteland. Also murderer of ghouls, probably.
Seeing as all people you ever meet in Fallout are dregs without any form of organised military tactics (minus the Brotherhood), she'll easily be able to kick everyone's ass and do whatever she wants.
>>
>>43586546
gets sniped by a raider
drinks irradiated water
jumped by deathclaws

seriously I can see an IG getting killed pretty quickly
>>
>>43586669
the guard are used to having supply lines on some level, OP didn't say she had rations.
Hopefully she realizes that the entire area is irradiated before she drinks too much water.

Joining the brotherhood is possible, but they don't like recruiting from wastelanders
>>
>>43586564
That piece of artwork was in the first DH release, I think.
>>
>>43586673
Snipers and dangerous wildlife are the most basic forms of danger. If she can't survive that she's a pretty shitty IG.
Irradiated Water doesn't kill you for a long time and is easily treated.
>>
File: latest.jpg (42 KB, 356x598) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
42 KB, 356x598
>>43586685
The guard are also schooled, if not trained, in dealing with having supply lines cut off. Basic survival tactics are in the field manual.
>>
>>43586692
>dangerous wildlife
>Deathclaws
Those things will shred power armored troops with miniguns, I'd hardly call them "basic forms of danger"
>>
>>43586737
First response to any form of danger should always be "don't go there"
>>
>>43586732
>>43586685
depending on where she lands, she might run into a non hostile group within a few hours of arrival.
At that point she's pretty much guaranteed survival if she signs on as a guard (if they will have her)

Though I think she might want to link back up with the IG, so she'll be searching for ways to send a distress beacon, which means wasteland exploration.
>>
File: fallout-3-rivet-city-concept-art.jpg (374 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
fallout-3-rivet-city-concept-art.jpg
374 KB, 1280x1024
>>43586755
If she lands near rivet city she'd be fine, Dr. Pinkerton might actually be able to build a beacon for her
>>
File: 3926985455_9d7cdfc39b.jpg (196 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3926985455_9d7cdfc39b.jpg
196 KB, 500x375
>>43586546
Depends, is a standard IG lasrifle comparable to a AER9 laser rifle?
>>
>>43586755
The whole fact that there was an IG dropship to crash means they have a ship in the system.
Having a ship in the system means it's only a matter of time before the Eccliarchy comes knocking to convert the planet to the Empire.
They won't be sending a rescue party, but some form of Imperial detachment is expected to show up in the next 10 years near her location.
>>
>>43586782
They are better by far.
>>
>>43586785
>in the next 10 years near her location.
So she basically just earned a 10 year vacation for surviving the crash?
>>
>>43586546
Go play your videogame
>>
>>43586808
They might show up 2 weeks later. Depends on why the shuttle was near the location, and if the Eccliarchy actually cares a rats ass about the planet. 10 years is the max estimate.
>>
Without the power to save and load every time she dies? She lasts about 8-10 hours.
>>
>>43586835
>implying an IG is a casual scrub like you
>>
File: 810165-fo3_gob.jpg (14 KB, 320x303) Image search: [Google]
810165-fo3_gob.jpg
14 KB, 320x303
>She walks away, dazed by the crash
>"Well lookee what we have here"
>Some slavers show up to capture her
>she kills them all
>noticing their guns, she picks a few of them up just in case
>she wanders into Megaton, trying to figure out where the hell she is and who these people are
>Realizing quickly that this world runs on the barter system, she decides to trade the guns she picked up for some food and drink
>goes to the local saloon
>"hey there smoothskin, what can I get you?"

What happens next?
>>
>>43586835
Keep in mind with her training she'd be at least level 10-15
>>
>>43586849

Falls to chaos.
>>
There are no more ghouls in the capitol wasteland
>>
>>43586546
> Fucking chain knife

40 keks
>>
>>43586546
Fallout Earth is basically Krieg without the grimderp
>>
>>43586849
gets executed by Simms for shooting an unarmed bartender and screaming something about "mutant heresy"
or Moriarty gives her the bill for how much he bought Gob for
>>
>>43586782
Power wise I believe they're similar, what makes the IG lasifle notable is it can be recharged from practically anything, even the sun or a bike generator or throwing it into a fucking fire.

A lone IG isn't going to be that earthshaking frankly, its just a reasonably capable soldier. IG are just humans, that's their thing.

Now you drop a Space Marine I to the wasteland...
>>
File: Ripper_FO3.png (351 KB, 1188x594) Image search: [Google]
Ripper_FO3.png
351 KB, 1188x594
>>43586876
>Implying that is even vaguely out of place in FO3
>>
>>43586897
>Now you drop a Space Marine I to the wasteland...
The Brotherhood of steel calls them a scrub and continues to do their work unimpressed
Pretty sure even a space marine could get fragged by a mini nuke
>>
>>43586849
Any dumb fuck would be smart enough to realise that murdering the mutant would mean an angry mob on her ass.
She might ready her gun as an instinct, but further hostility is unlikely. She would realise these people don't know about mutation as a mark of chaos and leave for saner regions.
Alternatively she might try and lecture the people about why mutants are dangerous and try to have him killed or exiled. It might work it might not.
Mutants are actually not uncommon in Warhammer, as long as the interaction with the decent folk is limited they're considered vermin for the most part.
>>
>>43586920
On a direct hit, maybe, but SM armor IS nuclear sealed and superior to anything on the wasteland in its various systems.
>>
>>43586923
so basically she would fit right in?
>>
>>43586938
It's almost as if they're all humans
>>
>>43586849
>>43586923
Mutants and Ghouls are pretty well hated in the fallout world too, on all honesty Fallout would be 100 in place as a feral world in the 40k setting. Technology is comparable.
>>
>>43586862
lol
>>
>>43586564
That is a missionary from RT actually tbqh family.
>>
File: Capital_Wasteland_Raiders.jpg (185 KB, 633x311) Image search: [Google]
Capital_Wasteland_Raiders.jpg
185 KB, 633x311
>>43586923
>leave for saner regions.
On her way to saner regions she runs into a raider encampment
Basically Khorne or slaanesh worshippers depending on how you see them
>>
Ok lets take a clear look at this-

Similar tech levels. 40k has the edge on lasguns because their power cells are self charging. But fallout plasma weapons don't overheat, and are probably comperable to Tau equivilant.

Fallout power armor is robust and probably equivilant to standard 40k models, but inferior to astartes patterns.

Bolters are superior to any slug thrower the wasteland has but are finnicky beasts.

Larger scale technology the Imperium is superior, better vehicles, crazier high end tech...

All in all an IG would be a.midlevel PC with some good medium military armor and a las rifle with infinite ammo. A capable threat but not superhuman
>>
>>43586933
If the IG actually worked with the Space marine I could see them waltzing right into Vault 87, clearing the place of super mutants and solving the problem

How are Space marines at handling lethal levels of radiation?
As in kills you in under half a second even in a super advanced radiation suit pumped full of anti radiation meds bad
>>
>>43587019
Their skin actually gives them radiation resistance (a mutation of this gland is what makes Salamanders coal black)

A Space Marine is essentially a 10 str 10 agi 10 end 10 perception character with the associated perks. With their armor on they're essentially immune to radiation, without it highly resistant.
>>
>>43586995
>All in all an IG would be a.midlevel PC with some good medium military armor and a las rifle with infinite ammo. A capable threat but not superhuman
Yeah I'd say level 10 give or take a level depending on her rank and combat experience.
I'd say she would probably camp out in one of the settlements or take over a raider encampment and wait for a few weeks for the IG to send reinforcements
>>
>>43587051
Ok, then a space marine would definitely be able to go into Vault 87 once the BoS determined thats where the muties were coming from.
It wouldn't even be that hard, they would just have to explain to the Space Marine that they were killing mutants and he'd feel right at home.

But would he execute them for tech heresy?
>>
>>43587061
Marines generally don't give too much of a shit about tech heresy unless it's obviously chaotic or renegade.
>>
>>43587061
Doubtful. The BoS aren't very Tech heretical, the opposite in fact. Theyre very close.to the Admechs in view. the only possible issuenis their view on AI,.I'm not sure how the brotherhood regards synthetics. I doubt they like them though.

Brotherhood of Steel would be immediate and obvious allies for the space marine and theyde get along great once the space marine.mounted them and asserted dominance. besides, only the Admechs really give a shit about tech heresy
>>
>>43586995
Technically infinite ammo. Four power packs gives her roughly 600 shots; without a power source for them to recharge from she's looking at about eight hours of sunlight needed to charge one.

As for how powerful she'd be, it depends entirely on the regiment she's from. It's entirely possible she's a press-ganged hiver whose training consisted primarily of marching, calisthenics, and beatings in the hold of some transport.
>>
>>43587148
You're thinking of PDF.
Imperial Guard are recruited from the best the PDF has to offer as per The Imperial Tithe.
>>
>>43587086
>once the space marine.mounted them and asserted dominance
>Fanfiction intensifies
>>
>>43587086
The latest game actually has the Brotherhood of Steel storyline based around hunting down synths and killing them, seeing them as affronts to humanity. So I guess the BoS would be begging the Space Marines to let them join them.
>>
>>43587215
The 'best the PDF has to offer' isn't necessarily any better than a malnourished ganger.
>>
>>43587232
The BoS might consider the marine a mutant, which they are

But yeah, theyde get along great.
>>
>Crashes in Utah
>God-Emperor Caesar
>>
>>43586621
>sees how people are acting
>sees how they are dressed
>the many degrees of chaos
They send down some friendly problem solvers to help (wipe) out the wasteland
>>
>>43587148
But the Wasteland would be like a vacation for an underhive ganger.
>>
What about the enclave tho?
>>
>>43587019
>As in kills you in under half a second even in a super advanced radiation suit pumped full of anti radiation meds bad
At this point, you're more concerned about surviving being cooked than radiation damage and cancers.
>>
>>43586985
lolno
It takes actual dedication to be a worshipper. You think the Imperium doesn't have criminals?
>>
>>43586564
Mohawks are Tumblr now?

You're full of shit.
>>
>>43586564
>>43588051
Kill yourself
People giving attention to tumblr bullshit are worse than the actual bullshit.
>>
File: Nigga What.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Nigga What.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>43588079
>tumblr bullshit
It's just a fucking haircut.
>>
>>43588051
>Kill yourself
You fucking what??
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.