[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So according to da maff, in order to have over 1 million worlds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 62236.jpg (376 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
62236.jpg
376 KB, 1090x717
So according to da maff, in order to have over 1 million worlds during the Great Crusade, the Imperium would have had to have conquered at least 13 planets a day. Is this logistically possible?
>>
File: 1435966117713.jpg (154 KB, 580x472) Image search: [Google]
1435966117713.jpg
154 KB, 580x472
>>43585080
I'm under the impression that anything as logical as math is heresy. Please report to your local commissar immediately.
>>
Son, you need to take all those silly numbers and multiply them by 40,000
>>
>>43585123
The Imperium has only shrunk since the Heresy.
>>
>>43585130
7 and 6e rulebooks say the Imperium's borders have never been wider
>>
>>43585080
Given that there were expeditionary fleets with numbers in the hundreds?
Yes.

There will be times when an group is delayed for months, even years, but these are balanced by worlds that fall in a day, and entire multiplanetary empires being subsumed all in one go

Actually, after double-checking with Lexicanum to find what the highest Expeditionary Fleet number I could find was, turns out I was wrong.
There wasn't hundreds of fleets, there were thousands
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Expedition_Fleet

Which also makes sense, seeing as 1-day victories are mostly the remit of marines, who did not accompany most fleets

So yes, for once the maths checks out.
>>
>>43585080
Logic does not exist in 40k.

Why do people keep forgetting this?
>>
>>43585080
The Planet Strike Supplement mentioned that the Imperium has been expanding for 10,000 years, finding lost human worlds constantly. It wasn't 1 million at the heresy, it was a large number that grew over the years,
>>
>>43585301
They also are constantly colonizing new worlds from scratch
>>
Another thing is that many worlds either can't mount any real resistance (feral worlds, etc) and that others might join peacefully. Say you find a little half-dozen planet empire, and they all join up instead of trying to deal with shit on their own. Ta-da, half the day's number right there.
>>
File: The Necron Menace.png (1 MB, 1015x845) Image search: [Google]
The Necron Menace.png
1 MB, 1015x845
>>43585231
Given the invasions and disasters that happen ever so often that leaves massive swaths of the Imperium in ruins or in xenos hands, we can assume that what's in the Imperium's "borders" is a dispersed amount of worlds which have between the spaces that separate them apart xenos empires or celestial graveyards.

We can summarized from (picture related) that the galactic east is mostly controlled by the Necron dynasties, and not to the Imperium.
>>
>>43585301
How far did they get? They had to get at least as far as Vostroya and Macragge.
>>
File: Abaddon.jpg (316 KB, 1073x1226) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon.jpg
316 KB, 1073x1226
>>43586436
Then there also for example are Abaddon's Black Crusades which burn thousands of worlds each time they are lost.

And the Hive Fleets, particularly the large ones, that have nommed their way into the Imperium's interior. How many worlds have been lift ruined husks by them?
>>
File: SkyRim.jpg (103 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SkyRim.jpg
103 KB, 250x250
>>43586436
>massive swaths
>using 2D map to represent galaxy

It's not acreage that needs to be scouted, subdued and kept in compliance, it's VOLUMES.

Good thing 40k has Grimdark Space Magic to do the impossible.
>>
>>43588903
Well, most galaxies - ours included - are very flat.
>>
So in conclusion 40k is a contrarian setting?
>>
>>43585080
Many planets joined up willingly. For worlds lost and isolated, contact and an offer to join up with an organized galactic power was like a godsend.
For many others, just seeing a war fleet was enough to submit.
My guess is that the number of human world's to fight back was low. And of the wars that were fought, battles with xenos outnumbered human-only conflicts.
>>
>>43585080
>wh40k
>logic

that's a goode one
>>
>>43585080
>So according to da maff, in order to have over 1 million worlds during the Great Crusade

Nope.
GC Imperium was smaller than the Imperium of 40k.
>>
>>43586485
I wonder if Abbadon ever changes the skulls on his armor or topknot
>>
>>43588903

So what youre saying is you know nothing of the milky way. Or discs.
>>
>>43588926
>>43590309
>1k ly
>very flat
>>
>>43585080
Maybe counting was lost during the Dark Age of Technology.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.