[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It is 2030, 5 years after the US federal government was overthrown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 19
File: 298822.jpg (929 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
298822.jpg
929 KB, 1920x1080
>It is 2030, 5 years after the US federal government was overthrown by a military take over backed by a now very nationalist and isolationist population.
>All foreign aid, charity meant for other nations, and identifying as anything as a nationality that isn't American (If you are a citizen of the US and claim you are German, Chinese, Russian or whatever you are admitting to treason.) are outlawed.
>The economy is in a depression as the US has cut off trade with most of the world and is trying to become as independent as possible.

>Meanwhile The EU is shattered as Poland and France duke it out in Germany over the Immigration crisis and trying to become the dominate power in Europe.
>The UK is in lock down and personal freedom is very low but Trade deals with Russia have made both well off as Europe burns.
>China has collapsed and is divided by a North China (which was annex by North Korea) and the South ("reclaimed" by Taiwan).
>India has annex the failed state of Pakistan and is preforming a genocide on Muslims and Christians, Many have fled to Australia.
>Indonesia, South China, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, the Philippines and Australia have formed a bloc to better protect themselves and are largely at peace, but the threat of war with North Korea is possible but unwanted by both sides.

Any suggestions for this setting? It is meant to have humanity on the brink but not quite there.

I am looking for any ideas for Africa and what type of stuff I can have my player do.
>>
>>43572692
Northern China annexed by Best Korea is silly.

Except that it's fun. Africa has its tribal wars fueled by desert expansions as a background, especially with France being busy in europe.
>>
>>43572692
>Are the Pakistani refugees making it to Australia? If so how are the Australians treeting them, correct me if im wrong but Australia is not very hospitable to refugees
>What do you mean by "Poland and France duge it out in Germany..."? Germany, France and England are by fare the strongest current members.
>>
>>43572750
German army is currently extremely underfunded, badly trained and lacks working equipment. No match for UK, France or even Poland or Italy.
>>
>>43572750
Poland has the premier (non American) military in Continental Europe right now.

Germany is probably weaker than Romania, if America takes its forces and equipment and fucks off back to home.
>>
>>43572784
>Poland has the premier (non American) military in Continental Europe right now.
Not really no.
>>
>>43572750
Poland went Annexed Germany during the Chaos that followed the US pulling out of the UN and China's collapse. This Poland also has the equipment left by the Americans.

France is winning hence why they are fighting in Germany (Polish territory).
>>
>>43572692
How does Poland displace Germany as the power for France to duke it out with? Without intending any offence towards the Poles, that would require a significant surge from Poland and a significant slump from Germany.
>>
>>43572801
Germany utterly collapsed in the early 2020s. They were willingly annexed.
>>
>>43572768
Dude if the EU and all treaties would break Germany military funding would skyrocket.
>>
>>43572784
The whole setting is pretty dumb. Sorry to put it that way.

1. North Korea invading China and threatening South East Asia. North Korea cannot feed it's citizens, North Korean pilots have no fuel to train, same goes for tank commanders... Best Korea's equipment is hopelessly outdated. It would stand no chance against South Korea or China.

2. The Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Japan forming an alliance. Why not Syria, Lebanon and Israel why you're at it.

3. France and Poland attacking Germany because of refugee crisis. Implying France and Poland have any refugees and they would start a war over it.
>>
>>43572984
Alter, bist du nazi ?
>>
>>43572984
Germany's economy is an export economy (third largest export economy in the world). It would be completely fucked if it was isolated.

With your setting, Germany would lose some of it's major partners:

Largest export trading partners of Germany are 1. France, 2. USA, 5. China, 9. Poland (loss 409 billion USD)
Largest import trading partners of Germany are 2. China, 3. France, 4. USA
(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_Germany)
>>
File: No Way.jpg (204 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
No Way.jpg
204 KB, 648x1024
>>43572750
I really don't see Pakistani asylum seekers reaching Australia
>>
Skippy the ASB really comes around these days.
>>
File: Australian Immigration Policy.jpg (54 KB, 690x601) Image search: [Google]
Australian Immigration Policy.jpg
54 KB, 690x601
>>43573204
>>43572750
Like at all
>>
>>43572692
AUSTRALIA STRONK, CUNT

Consider adding a supernatural element slowly emerging - get Alpha Omega and toss in natural disasters.
>>
>>43572692

You know, this is the kind of America I would be proud to fight for.
>>
File: dotdotdot.gif (1 MB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
dotdotdot.gif
1 MB, 500x225
>>43573336
>supernatural element slowly emerging
>>
>>43572692

What about the dutch OP?
>>
>>43573359
This.
>>
>>43573955
They invade North West Germany as reprisal for May 1940. Belgium an Luxemburg join the anti-German alliance. Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece also join the anti-German alliance to avoid paying their debts back.
>>
>>43572692
Why don't you put in Orcs since this is obviously fantasyland?
>>
>>43572692
Make it so Australia accepts no muslims.
>>
>>43573359
Kinda agree. I hate to bring it up but this is the direction Trump is looking to take us so it isn't terribly far fetched considering the support the somehow has.

What happens to Canada and Mexico in this scenario?
>>
>>43574147
Maybe the idea is to USE YOUR IMAGINATION! Shadowrun isn't ever happening but it does a decent job of presenting a speculative history.
>>
>>43574150
It could easily be that no one accepts Muslims... but, then again, they ,ight stop caring. No US aid to Israel means towel heads finally get their wish.

Israel collapses and Muslims don't have the US to use as a rallying cry. They kill one another for whatever reasons they seem to like doing that, anyway until some new asshole steps in willing to beat them like the animals they are to get them to do shit (a'la Sadam Hussein).
>>
>>43574118
I want to live there, too.
>>
>>43574266
Yeah. The only thing I can't see is people refusing to sell things to foreigners. Why wouldn't you want foreigners to buy your crap? That way, they reduce money for their own industry and give jobs and profit to you. You can be isolationist and still sell overseas. You just have to be careful not to let the money leave the country.
>>
>>43572692
The military of the US and its personel would never overthrow the Federal government and replace it with Nationalist government that would cause a shitfest across the states and the national guard and civilians would most likely arrest and hang the traitors.

US, China, Russian Federation, and EU can all suffer crippling economic damage that sets the US and its funding for foreign affairs and the military back, keeping bases with key allies within Asia and Europe now.

China could have wide spread revolts and different factions taking over it as the CUP has become ineffective in maintaining its control. South Korea after heavy losses steam rolled North Korea with huge civilian and military loses, and are dealing with the process of dekiminization while the CCP in the north looms closer, bringing closer ties with Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan who form a military pact.

Russia due to the setback has returned to be isolationist nation like always and cracks down on the unhappy populace. EU I dont know senpai, Germany looks at France and Britian to help solve the economic problems as people protest in the streets.

Africa and ME can all go to shit, and dictators in South America can begin to fo on a rise (Brazil is saved ny its military)
>>
File: nightcrawler wtf.jpg (85 KB, 594x577) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawler wtf.jpg
85 KB, 594x577
>>43572692
>China has collapsed and is divided by a North China (which was annex by North Korea)
>>
File: balkan cooperation.png (28 KB, 722x655) Image search: [Google]
balkan cooperation.png
28 KB, 722x655
>>43572692
>Meanwhile in the Balkans.
>>
>>43574660
China is always collapsing, that's the least fantastical thing about this scenarion
>>
>>43574693
The "annexed by Noko" was the part I was wtf'ing about.
>>
>>43574693
NK annexing anything is silly.
>>
>>43574635
>that would cause a shitfest across the states and the national guard and civilians would most likely arrest and hang the traitors.
The clear implication in the OP was that the public and national guard supported the change. The takeover was probably intended as a way to throw out all the myriad preexisting international legal agreements the government as an entity was bound to and start fresh. Like a bankruptcy filing if you were allowed to just shoot your creditors and declare yourself debt-free.

Everything about NK taking over is completely crazy, though. They're literally only standing because China's propping them up, and China only bothers to do so because they don't want to deal with the flood of brainwashed, uneducated refugees that would result from it's collapse.
>>
>>43574708
>>43574717
Ah, yes, NK annexing anything is a bit far fetched, I will admit.
>>
Even if a very conciliatory government agreeable to taking in refugees would emerge (which indeed isn't impossible in 15 years), I really don't see Australia tying themselves into a well balanced alliance with the SEA countries. Indeed, Indonesia and Australia would be at each others throats if they both weren't US-aligned.

You can bet that Aus would be having at major economic meltdown with China in the middle of a civil war, and without US arms to buy the tech advantage they have over Indonesia would fade all too quickly.

In times of instability it's likely that NZ and AUS would become more xenophobic, not less. However, your scenario would still be feasible if immigration in those 15 years has substantially changed the country's demographic.
>>
>>43574260
>...but, then again, they ,ight stop caring.

They'll start caring again really quickly once their new citizens start acting the way they always do.
>>
What you're doing with Europe is retarded. Give me a few minutes, I'll write you something hald believable.
>>
>>43574747
The Pakis know how to build nukes and shit. That is why they are allowed in.

>>43574740
It is just ment to be funny.

>>43574277
The idea is the US people are sick of the rest of the world. You are likely to be lynched for not speaking english, The UN building and other countries embassies were burned to the ground by mobs.
>>
>>43574901
>You are likely to be lynched for not speaking english
What about Florida and the Southwest?
>>
>>43574963
Florida is rebelling and is full of gorilla fighters but the cities are being shelled into oblivion and has decided that the are needs to depopulated and repopulated with loyal Americans.

The Southwest is mostly fine as non English speakers fled to mexico before and during the Civil war. LA was razed though.
>>
>>43575021
>full of gorilla fighters

Did they escape from the zoo?
>>
File: ids habidding.jpg (110 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
ids habidding.jpg
110 KB, 600x446
>>43572692
So /pol/'s happening? Obviously Aussie land wouldn't welcome more immigrants. I assume the Balkans and East Europe are on Poland's side.
>>
>>43575092
No the Aussies need the pakis they are taking in. Most are doctors, scientists, or military.

And yes.
>>
>>43572795
>>43572812
That's insane. This thread is insane. OP is insane?
>>
>>43574901
What. The UN is pretty much the US Imperial Assembly.
>>
>>43575118
>Pakistani Immigrants are doctors and scientists.

I'll give you the military though. Not quite the sort you're thinking of, though...
>>
>>43572984
If german military spending skyrocketed you can bet your ass France would immediately start putting killswitches in the power plants that feed in the German grid.
>>
>>43572768
>>43572984
"Vait a minute... Ve have seen zis before!"
>>
WIP
>>
>>43577378
thoughts so far?
>>
>>43577764
>Brittany voting for anyone other than PS/FDG
>>
>>43574660
>>43574693
Realistically it would be divided into Manchuria, Xinjiang, Tibet, Yunnan, South China(South of Yangtze) and North China(North of Yangtze) with Inner Mongolia being absorbed into Mongolia.

So theoretically 7 states if you put Mongolia into the equation
>>
>>43577920
Honestly future Manchurias that include Liaoning (which is like 99% han) annoy me
>>
>>43577862
Well if not Brittany what should be the spawnpoints of militant royalists? Bordeaux?
anyway this is what France does IMHO:
late 2010's - President Valls double term - France manages to avoid general instability, unlike the crisis ridden Germany, they assume a more central role in the EU.
early 2020's - It's back to the old UMP/PS feuds, people look more and more towards the FN
late 2020's - FN finally gets the presidency. France leaves the EU, completely shattering it in the process. They create the European People's Forum - a nationalist counterpart of the EU. Many countries with nationalist majorities vote to join the EPF, along with many eastern countries that dislike the EU's appeasement policy towards Russia and don't trust Visegrad to be competent enough.
2030 - The FN president dissolves the National Assembly and refuses to allow elections to take place. Rioting ensuses
>>
The AVGN can also make crappy background stories. Here's one:

Nothing compares! That'd be like if I made a game called "New York 2017". (Reading as images from the proposed New York 2017 appear) "Motherfuckin' demons from the planet Jupiter have arrived through the Manhattan portal. The leader of the United States calls upon Master Joe, John Wayne's half-cousin's step-son, to annihilate the 2.5 OctoDecillion alien scum of the universe. However, on Jupiter's secret moon, a master plan is conceived to resurrect thu astro-demonoid Dill Clinton into a mecha-doomsday machine."
>>
>>43578059
Nobody would join the EPF. The Greeks, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, Romanians, they all want Germany's money.
>>
>>43578059
Royalists have less political clout than separatists in modern day Brittany and that's saying a lot, basically it goes from none whatsoever to not much. Modern day royalists tend to not be far from the rest of the modern far right.
>>
>>43578127
Denmark (Populist Govt), Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland (afraid of Russia, despise Visegrad) join here.
>>
Better setting is North Korea and China uniting the South after (insert American and European pull out reason) forming stronk Asia not sure about those surrounding. UK would shut herself off from the world and probably fuck the rest of Ireland up. Europe would crumble because the EU is fucking brutal and Brussels want all da powa. Not sure about America and Australians
>>
File: le_roi_rendra-ee562.jpg (48 KB, 393x580) Image search: [Google]
le_roi_rendra-ee562.jpg
48 KB, 393x580
>>43578131
;_;
>>
>>43578200
>implying the average breton gives a shit
My grandparents will correct anyone who calls them french even abroad and they don't even vote separatist. Fuck the Bourbons.
>>
>>43576646
Tell that to the security council, when Russia and China block every action.
>>
>>43578189
>Fuck the rest of Ireland up.

Irish citizens can vote in UK elections, join the Army, work and live freely in the UK and all kinds of other crap. One of the reasons why Ireland does well is because the UK is right there to take up huge numbers of its young population who otherwise would be unemployed. On the other hand, Ireland has pretty much nothing a modern UK would want and would be a drag on it as it would then be responsible for welfare and social care in the former RoI and reunification would probably spark another round of Troubles in Northern Ireland.
>>
>>43578247
Dommage pêh
Vive le Roy/ l'AF/ Maurras

Alright lads, help me out here, what do?
>>
>>43578330
aaaand I forgot pic.
>>
>>43578310
>implying
The republic is less of a shithole than 2/3-of-Ulster with its basketcase economics, eternally backwards legal system, and perpetually paralyzed politics.
>>
>>43572692
Ok I'm going to take a stab at reworking this a bit and anyone who doesn't like that should ignor me.
The US could go that way only if the president leads the way so assuming something like notTrump said no we won't pay back that loan and managed to get and keep the country on side long enough to get the same outcome. China keeps so much of it's running out of our sight that I doubt we'd know why it imploded so let's let that happen. The EU could implode but I'm not sure how that would go down. Russia started talking about Nukes if the west didn't BTFO and the liberals got a riot going because "Putin will get us nuked" and then chaos.
Any problems so far/ideas for the EU?
>>
>>43576660
It's a /pol/ joke, EU claims all these migrants will benefit Europe because apparently Pakistan, Afghanistan and Syria are full of scientists.
>>43578350
As a Greek, why are we purple (in general don't get the colors, derp)? I assume we're on Russia's side (which makes sense) and Croatia too oddly enough.
>>
>>43578127
Eh, populist parties have been pretty active in the last years, and getting out of the Euro is one of the recurring themes. It's not going anywhere in the real world, but it's not really that far from a tipping point in this fantapolitical scenario.
>>
File: 1388643426802.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1388643426802.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>>43572692
>5 years after the US federal government was overthrown by a military take over
>China has collapsed and is divided by a North China (which was annex by North Korea) and the South ("reclaimed" by Taiwan).
>>
>>43578522
Violet is often associated with the EEU. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Economic_Union

In other news, Greece is allied with Russia, Byelorussia, Transdniestria, Serbia, Montenegro et Reoublika Srpska.
>>
>>43572692

>Russia

This needs to be addressed something fierce. I can't imagine that with the stage being set as it is, that Russia would not be having some form of heyday.

Also, what would stop them from taking Poland, Ukraine, and Lithuania like they've always wanted (and occasionally had) throughout history?

Moreover, the arctic ice sheet is melting, giving Russia deep water ports and access to material wealth that the isolationist 'Murica doesn't seem able (or willing) to claim for themselves?
>>
progress
>>
>>43572692
>poland and france duke it out?
i know it's a make believe fantasy, but you go too far, that's not even plausible.
>>
>>43578611
i like the way you seperate srpska republic and serbia, when srpska republic means "serbian republic"

It's small enough as it is, i cant see it getting any more fragmented.
>>
Alright what do I do with this piece of shit land?
>>
>>43578900
and this?
Hm, hm, expert help is needed.
>>
File: q6XQxDn.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
q6XQxDn.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1080
>>43578993
EXPANSION
>>
>>43579422
disgusting blob/10
>>
>>43574733
No one wakes up and decides this is the way to go. There would have to be something that happens to trigger it... maybe a scandal that makes Watergate look like spiked punch at the prom... something domestic that costs lives, livelihood, and the smoking gun is a howitzer. The population has to lose faith in MOST of the government but leave enough intact that the country can still function once there's a takeover.

So... the President finds out some Illuminati bullshit that's all too fucking real. Trump got mentioned. He's a good candidate (for the scenario, not for President... you decide that shit for yourself). Say he doesn't get elected this time... he gets elected NEXT time. And he finds out just how deep seeded and sinister things get. Congress, Reps... all in the pocket of the Illuminati (or call it what you want). He blows the whistle. Military backs the President as he tries to fix things. So it's a military takeover but not a overthrow. Trump follows it up by sending the UN and the rest of the world a Dear John letter that basically reads, "We have enough problems at home so we're not playing with you any more. Go fuck yourselves."
>>
>>43572692
BURN THE YANKS! TEXAS AND SHIPROCK COALITION WILL NEVER BOW!
>>
I don't know about the rest of you guys but Australia would basically collapse in upon itself without trade with China and America. We make basically no manufactured goods and are super-dependent on you fuckers selling it to us.
>>
>>43579446
Looks like average Ottoman Empire game to me.
>>
>>43578097
Very nice. Make a htread and see if as many people feel like contributing to it as this one.

No one here is arguing that this is realistic. I think "STUFF" would have to be added in to make any of this even plausible... like some epidemic that sweeps China leaving it wide open to silly annexing, maybe.

How it happens (wrt to the scenario, obv) is what I think we're being called on to help imagine.
>>
r8 Balkans so far.

Grey is 10 bazillion immigrants bringning anarchy and disorder with them.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.