[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux/Through the Breach General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
File: Malifaux-Art-2.jpg (149 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux-Art-2.jpg
149 KB, 800x600
Anybody paint anything lately? Shifting Loyalties campaigns? TTB fatemasters who need help interpreting destiny?

I'm getting my Lucius box (+riflemen and beckoners) assembled this weekend, gonna play against my friends new Justice crew. Any advice on how to make him see how fun the game is? Stuff I should leave out for his first game(s)?
>>
>>43570064
Gonna be painting the Kaeris box, the Crossroads 7 box, and Oxfordian Mages next week, can't wait to use both of them.
>>
>>43570064
Got an Enforcer Brawl next Monday, any advice on gremlin enforcers?

Played Somer against Lunch tonight and ended with a draw, but Lenny's WP really caused some headaches so he is out of the running. I've got Rafael and Meris, might pick up Jeb or Gracie
>>
>>43570064
recently picked up some guild pistoliers without knowing a thing about this game until I looked it up. So do I have to buy the ortega boxed set to add to my pistoliers to be able to play a game?
>>
>>43571657
Any guild master (or cross-faction guild master) can use guild models in their crew.
>>
>>43571365
For an enforcer brawl, Burt Jebsen isn't that great as he can't use slippery to shunt damage. Gracie is a tank that can get some mileage out of being able to reactivate and heal back to full given the right setup. I think Emissaries are banned in brawls, but if not, the Lucky Emissary isn't a bad option as it has a 3" melee range and the ability to pull off multiple charges in a turn. With what you have, Raphael is a decent choice if you give him Dity Cheater as he will need to take damage from reckless a lot to get full effect and will need some way to mitigate that.
>>
>>43571800
I see ortega may be the best fit thematically to start a crew off of with what I have but is there a full list of other masters I can look at to make another choice
>>
>>43570064
I would recommend not to judt corner yourself and use your rifleman to kill everything from 18.
Also do play schemes and strategy.
Let him box something
>>43572263
With Guild Pistoleer do you mean Guild Guard or Ortega Gunman?
Guild Masters are:
justice, big sword and independant. Thematically likes death marshalls but is quite independant, her only support are general condition removal and sh protection.
Ortega, gunslinging leader. Thematically has a bunch of mexican cowboys. Mostly supports Family but has one support which help anyone.
Lucius, master planner and schemer. Thematically guild guardsmen. Likes any kind of minion.
Hoffman, robots and more robots. Does require robots to reach potential.
Sonnia, magic, fire and more fire. Thematic are the witchling stalker. Likes some means of setting peoplr on fire.
McMourning, poison, zombies and nurses. Likes all kinds of stuff.
McCabe, grave robber, adventurer and debuffer. Likes guildsmen and blacksheeps thematicall. Gameplaywise likes on heavy model atleast.

Also do not limit yourself to Themas if you don't want to. Most buffs go on everyone and the return of thematic synergy is dimminished with higher model count.
>>
>>43572263
https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Guild
Here's also the Guild part of the wiki, which has useful info.
>>
What are you guys planning on getting at Gencon?
>>
>>43572414
>https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Guild
>>43573780
Thanks for the input, i'll look more into it
>>
>>43574120
>What are you guys planning on getting at Gencon?

Er...what? gencon's been like, 3 months ago.
>>
>>43574797
Meant Black Friday Sale.
Will get Nightmare Colette + the limited ones + Henchman supplies
>>43574796
Why did you link that?
>>
Does anyone know somewhere a guy who bought models during 1.5 could find wave 1 and 2 Arcanist arsenal decks?
>>
>>43575027
Ebay, maybe Miniature Market or The Warstore
>>
>>43574903
Anybody know what the specials for Black Friday are?
>>
>>43570064
A friend of mine is an australian distributor for Malifaux. I didn't think anyone else even played it. Is it popular?
>>
>>43575027
Thanks for the recommendations, found wave 2 decks in stock at the miniature market and Ebay.

Wave 1 arsenal decks are drawing blanks everywhere.

I kinda regret buying the rules manual. Looks look I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the 2.0 rule book, even if it means buying the rules twice
>>
>>43575120
Black Friday sale should have them on stock again.
>>43575087
Female mcMourning, alt Barbs and alt Santiago + Nightmare Collete
>>
>>43575110
There are small communities at various games stores and clubs here in Australia, but rarely have I seen groups go larger than maybe 8 people. Tournaments I imagine net larger crowds with the new competitive friendly rule-set.
>>
>>43575148
I hope so.
>>
File: Firestarter.jpg (73 KB, 697x855) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.jpg
73 KB, 697x855
>>43575087
>>43575148
And probably female Firestarter
>>
>>43574903
>Why did you link that?
it was meant for the other guy
>>
>>43575148
>>43575217
Are we getting access to future release minis too (a la Gencon)?
>>
>>43576556
I don't know as I'm completely new to malifaux and wyrd. However I have seen people in these threads claim that black friday sales are only limited edition/left-over nightmare stuff and not new releases.
>>
>>43576556
Maybe? I wouldn't count on it, it seems Black Friday is mostly about LE stuff, while new releases are Gencon stuff. I imagine they might have some stuff they had at gencon for the upcoming release, but nothing "new"-new.
>>
Guys, give me your Mah tips please.
Playing a Gremlin master who can't shoot is pretty strange, to say the least.

What do I do with the Bushwhackers?
>>
>>43576556
Probably.
>>43577441
I ordered the War Pig, Piglets and Merris last Black Friday so I assume they'll be doing early releases again this year.
>>
>>43578149
Hitting someone through pure amount of shooting.
Killing friendlies with distract and such with your leader
>>
I just picked up the Hired Swords box as my first foray into Malifaux.

I also got the Neverborn half of the Starter Set as well as Vanessa and Hans

Is the basic plan with them to murderball the Sisters around while leaving the other models as scheme runners?
>>
Picked up a M&SU box for Joss, but wasn't planning on playing him till i get some more spiders.
How many spiders should I have before I call myself good to run him? I know that just running with the box i'll run out of spiders.
>>
>>43579988
Blood wretches are fast scheme runners and ronins can be a bit tougher while Angel eyes.
>>43581289
One more box should be enough if you can move them around
>>
>>43575110
Malifaux used to be popular during 1-1.5 edition. Then they decided to release a second edition, but were agonizingly slow in updating the model range and rules, so there were a ton of models without rules and rules for units with no models. For example, Malifaux 2e was published in 2013 with rules for three Gremlin masters. Two already had models, the third didn't have a model until earlier this year. Two goddamn years for a model in the core book to be released.

After 2e dropped and people didn't have rules for models they owned, or saw cool rules for a model they could not possibly buy, a lot of the old crowd dropped the game, mostly because they wanted to wait for model X to come out/have rules, but this had the side effect of completely killing the game in many locations.
>>
>>43581504
Sadly they were way too many models in the first book.
Even with book two you already had 348 models with around 100 with no models and then they put out book 3
>>
>>43570064
anyone have a link to the source books
>>
>>43581331
do you mean void wretches?
>>
Just starting out with Malifaux with a Misaki crew and some Thunder Archers. Where's a good place to expend from here?

I kinda like the idea of Sensei Yu with Misaki for silly movement shenanigans from Disciple and Shall, is this as entertaining as it looks?
>>
>>43583243
Blood thingies are in the starter
>>
>>43584098
Oh right, the nephilim ones. IGNORE ME.
>>
>>43583332
One can either uses boxes to expand or just go with another master, both are viable.
Misaki is the Outlaw and Ninja Crew. She uses her speed to assassinate her targets. She can Infiltrate Last Blossom but this will only come as an Outcast. She is not really a support model and does't really need support herself.
Sensei has some great mobility shenanigans and can further help her Ninjas to get the buffs they need (works best alone and one in the crowd).
Further for expansion Yamaziko and Oiran are both thematic, she grant engagment range, a fighter and utility while oitan grants lure.
Also mind the new archer upgrade blot the sky, as you can spend the archer turn to focus

While most master have a thematic core crew they don't really need to field them to excel, but fielding the thematic Crew makes it easier to find synergy for your master.
Furthermore each TT can field models from other factions something interesting for later expansions.
Lucas McCabe can give away artifact and reactivate to support minions but can to make a single beatstick insanely good. He himself fights with slowing the enemy and charging when needed. Due to his Infiltration he can field Guild Guardsmen,. For him I say Samurai's, Guild Pathfinder or Snipers are good.
Mei Feng is a Kung Fu master. She hits hard, uses her construct to move around and gains bonuses from burning people (as does her Crew). With her Infiltration she can get Metal Gamin and the Rail Golem who help set people on fire and then beat them to death. While TT doesn't have many constructs, they are a bunch of things in the faction making her strike harder, I'll recommend High River (Shenlong box) or the Dawn Serpent.
Shen Long is the monk Character and master of conditions. He Plays around with conditions, change style when needed and help his people focus and defend. He can Support good (Archer, Sniper and borther benefit from that) and gains from conditions (Oirans, Rail Crew) also worth mentioning are monks.
>>
>>43584204
Yan Lo is the Resser one. He supports, grows stronger and can switch positions. He can always take Retainers (Onryo in Kirai box and Ashigaru in his are RESSER ONLY). Furthermore he has one upgrade which can resummon killed ancestor.
For him I say getting an Ancestor is a great idea (Izumi for threat and damage, Daiymo for Support and more katanas (also unlocking great Punk Zombies) and Yin for fear) otherwise some melee fighter who can benefit from his teleportation shenanigans are good.

Don't think that this recommendation are exclusive. For example Izumi will be a heavy melee beatstick with an insane range even without Yan Lo.
Some more general statement and synergy.
Fuhatsu has a minigun, a great model, some pushing and is a great carrier for blot the sky,
The Archers have an great weapon and Trigger, can shoot into melee and become wickedly fun with their upgrade.
Oiran have lure an ability which can be used defensefly and aggressivly by pushing People around.
Ama-something-somethingelse is a Oni Mercenary. She hits hard, flies around, is scary and can actually eat people.
Lastly the last swordman is a killer, choose a target and it will die (Otherwise he'll Seppuku himself). Also with his push he can actually plant two schemes for Line in the Sand. (Plant-push-plant)
>>
Finally got to play So'mer against my friend's Collete list. I think I might replace the Skeeters with Old Cranky, but everything else went swimmingly. Lenny does a shitton of work just by standing around, and with Tossed Feed and some lucky triggers I was able to get my Warpig to shit out a lot of charge attacks with very little AP.

Fuck Corphee Duets though.
>>
>>43575110

It's decently popular. I've seen it compete in the same spot as Infinity in the gamestores I've been in.

Unfortunately it's hard to talk about on /tg/ since a large majority of the models are fairly useful and list building is dependent on the schemes and strategies you run.
>>
Sooo I as looking at the Brutal Effigy and was wondering if I should pick it up. I currently have the C. hoffman box, the Sonia box, Executioners, Death Marshals, and I'm going to buy the metal December's Children tomorrow after work.
>>
>>43586115
Its a good cheap choice to boost Hoffman. Target it with Power Loop, and Hoffman effectively doubles his Df, though the Mechanical Attendant does about the same thing. It also gives Sonnia some healing if you take it with her.
>>
File: coverIntoTheSteam_1024x1024.png (2 MB, 822x1024) Image search: [Google]
coverIntoTheSteam_1024x1024.png
2 MB, 822x1024
In regards to the RPG...

The setting looks really cool.

My group has an interest in playing an rpg. Most, however, have never played one. The setting seems like something they'd be into.

Is it fun and engaging? How is battle?

Can someone explain the adventures to me, as in, is this separate from the Penny Dreadful books? What is the exact "order" this goes in?
>>
>>43586754
The RPG doesn´t really seem so good. You might be better off using some other system for the setting
>>
>>43581504
On the other hand the new and prettier models attracted a ton of new people (Including me). Generally my LGS has a kinda lively Malifaux community
>>
>>43588099
In my parts, it never really picked up, 1st or 2nd ed..but then again, nothing except warhammer and, somehow, infinity, did. Maybe for the better, we did give the world the worst meta ever for infinity, completely against the spirt of the game.
>>
>>43588164
Here it might because Malifaux wasn´t widely known until the second edition. Only one internet store sold the first edition minis here
>>
>>43586754
>>43586754
The RPG does have some exploit the player can easily use.
Take good care of magic and spells based on triggers.
Good points are the character creation, setting and some of the idea of magic.
Battle is not like d&d or even IK but does still have interesting interaction.
>>
>>43583058
still looking for source/rule books
>>
>>43590207
Speak up

Through the Breach (RPG):
Fated Almanac - https://mega.co.nz/#!SU8VlCZb!1vE62D2FhGRAoV3h-8h_z_H-_RfqeKizMosyf9176uE
Fatemasters Almanac - https://mega.co.nz/#!HNsg2D6Z!jFMUgYSS7-m5IuxgRh5NM7KD70qp4zuqkXHFUttsCTg

Malifaux 2nd Edition.pdf
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/nO57HrCH/file.html
Malifaux 2E - Book 2 - Crossroads.pdf
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/9u7PCMqO/file.html
>>
>>43591457

THANK YOU KIND SIR

This >>43586754 is me and I'd pumped to look through this.
>>
>>43591697

>>43591457
>>43591457

RPG links are dead.
>>
>>43591719
Kek.
Wait a bit might get another one
>>
>>43591457
Thanks mate, now I can actually learn how to play
>>
>>43593888

I actually found some high resolution copies elsewhere.

Fated Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3U0xIRUxCdTNfQmc/edit

Fatemasters Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3emJUTF9yaE9uLW8/edit
>>
>>43593924

Meant for

>>43593547
>>
>>43593947
>>43593547
Good so I don't need to break my books
>>
>>43586754
Copy pasta time.

>One of my complaints in the beta that was never addressed was that it's WAY too easy to have a shitty character, and crawling out of the hole that shitty stats put you in is fucking hard. A stat spread of +1/+1/-1/-1 is workable - you have a minor penalty to a couple batches of skills. A stat with -2 or worse is fucking torturous. You might as well not even take any skills associated with that stat because it's 3+ upgrades to that skill before you're as good as a stat 0 guy with one rank in the skill. And if it's one of those mandatory stats for combat, you're hosed as soon as the lead starts flying. This also leads to a HUGE chunk of characters defaulting to minimum combat stats. The lack of control over character creation is a pain in the ass for DM's who have an idea for gunslingers & mages and then the character generation poops out a couple bureaucrats and a clerk with horrible combat stats.

>Of course, you could just teach them the Focus abuse trick or Delay spell trick and watch as most encounters become trivial.

>So, Focus abuse. If you're ever doing any kind of non-time sensitive action, Focus three times first. You get to flop four cards from the communal deck. This mills the communal deck faster so you can draw more from your personal deck, and gives you awesome odds at completing all tasks. If multiple people are doing this or multiple tasks happen consecutively - it only takes 14 skill checks to completely mill the communal deck and give everyone a draw from their personal decks.
>>
>>43594078
>So Focus abuse combos well with the Delay abuse. So one of the options for spells is to cast them, but have them go off on a specific trigger. The rules are not terribly clear as to what this trigger needs to consist of, but a spoken word/phrase is an option. So you can set up chains of spells like 'If I have taken 3 or more damage, this heal spell goes off.' Then cast another that has the trigger 'If I have taken 3 or more damage and have been healed once, this spell goes off' and so on and so forth making an autoheal with 14+ charges. You can also set up mega blast spells 'When I say 'Eat shit and die motherfucker' this spell goes off and does one point of damage to my target' Now cast that spell 30 times. Complete your combat pre load of spell ammunition in 10 minutes of game time (and probably 20 minutes of real time) and you've just milled through the deck 3 times and filled everyone's hands up with cards to cheat with. Sure these delayed spells only last til sundown or sunup, but until then you are Laser Wolverine, death dealer extraordinaire.

>Delay abuse also lets you precast intensely difficult spells. You need a King or a Red Joker to cast this spell? Just Delay it and mill through the deck for at least 1, probably 3 guaranteed castings stored up.

>The delay trick works with pretty much all schools of magic. Conjuring? Make a gun. If you don't have a gun, your delay gives you a gun. Can also be used to hilarious effect to bypass long loadtimes on muzzle loading guns - delay a spell to make ammunition in the chamber when the chamber is empty (after X number of shots fired) and your cumbersome muzzle loading swivel gun is now an autocannon.

>Conjuring is pretty much the most broken school of magic. You're a conjuerer of middling quality? Congratulations, you've broken the economy because you now have every single mundane item you could possibly want - only needing cash to buy shit you can't conjure, like food, boats, and gatling guns.
>>
>>43594094
>I liked Through the Breach when I heard about it and thought it had a lot of potential. Unfortunately when I was in the playtest I felt like my group was the only one doing rigorous playtesting and everyone else in the beta via the Kickstarter was just treating it like a free preview. As a result we got a lot of 'well, you're the only group with this issue, so we don't think it's a problem' responses.

>In the first few beta packets we figured out how cleanse the planet of life in under 10 minutes. THAT error at least got corrected.
>>
File: 1443593418256.gif (87 KB, 192x197) Image search: [Google]
1443593418256.gif
87 KB, 192x197
So Im currently torn between running Lilith grow list, Kirai summoning, or going Molly Squidkid or The Dreamer.
It seems like lilith only runs a bunch of nephilim. Which are cool but doesnt seem like i can synergise with cool models like the widow weaver or silurids.

What neverborn leader would be good with silurids, the bad ass horseman, and widow weaver? Or are they stand alone?

Also kirai and squidkid are listed as primarily summoners, do you find it hard to financially support the entire summoning list? How many copies do I need?

Lastly can you run The Dreamer as a beatstick and kinda just grab rando models to assist without fear of losing quality?
>>
>>43594328
Silurids, like Waldgeists, synergize nicely with Lilth's ability to grow terrain cover. Esp. the walds.
>>
>>43594328
One of each is enough.
You will only play duplicated minions if you go Malifaux rats (Hamelin), Steam spider (Ramos) or Gremlin Bayou spam (Soner).
Silurids are better schemerunner who can suvive long enough.
Horseman are heavy beatsticks with some cool tricks each, the hooded one can support by pushing but can also help attrition and schemes by removing shit.
Widow Weaver is a mindfucker, reducing wp, stiching little puppets and havibg the threat of Teddies.
Honestly I would say 30 points are thematic and upwards synergy will get diminished return as modt models don't really need many more support model.
Zoraida is a support master. She can help with card draw, forcing enemies to do what you want, help you guys move even more and lastly burn and play with your vodoo doll. Thematic she is the swampwitch with sulrids, gupps and all weak willed minions, so own EVERYTHING. For her anything works.
Zoraida can play anything as she is a passive support but does like a bit of WP decrease through Widow Weaver.
Lilith is a master who can deal in melee, support or fuck with the enemy through lure or terrain. While she does like Nephilims her theme is also Malifaux nature so waldgeist and silurids fit. For her she likes Black Blood to cast postule (shamas can do it too) and terrain placement for her charge (waldgeist).
Another similar thing is Nekima as she can grow terror tots, help them grow and even make use of a similar blood pistule
She can make use of the widow weaver to ensure her lure.
Will continue with the rest but should I discuss the crews or rather focus on the master?
>>
>>43594328
>>43594771
The Dreamer can be played two ways (or more accurate can be focused two ways; as a summoner he might still use the Lord). Either you play him as a support summoner, summoning shit, healing them and fasten them and paralyzing Targets. Or as a fighter making use of Lord Chompy Bites, messing with other models and a stronger focus on paralyzing. (Widow Weaver goes good with him with her WP decrease)
His playstyle focus around mobility, support through healing, buffs or summoning and paralyzing with some opportunity to release Lord Chompy.
For thematic Expansion I'll recommend Widow Weaver for WP decrease and the Teddy for beatstick and another summoning option.
Now to your question.The summoner dreamer can summon Nightmare models which you in this case don't have hired so he works well with rando.
In the other case you might be inclined to hire Nightmare but his support Action which can target minion and Nightmare, cost 1 AP so he'll can max only support three times per turn while his awesome heal heals anyone.

Collodi has two limited Upgrades who changes his playstyle one makes use of his slowing and damaging abilities stealing conditions to deal great damage, the other is the support one using his order ability to make minions reach unheard damage output and his buff transference to make these minions Punch way above their weightclass. Both of gain much from having other effigies (The Guild and the Arcanist ones are the most important ones)
Thematic Expansion would be other puppets the mannquins and the coryphrees both fit in here but the Widow Weaver is also great for him.
Don't lock yourself in on thematic models as good non-thematic models are still great with them and neither blindly follow one playstyle most can cover a bunch.
Interlude:
Generally good models: Schemes Runners (Terror Tots, Silurids), Minion beatsticks (Young Nephilims, Illuminated), Support( The Casino chicks ,Black Blood), Heavy Beatsticks (Nekima, Mature Nephilims)
>>
>>43594872
Pandora is the passive aggressive one, she can make her enemies take damage bit by bit, use their awesome attacks against themselves (why are you hitting yourself), control activation and lastly curse your enemies to do nothing (tough luck preventing me getting 3 VP Points without interacting)
Her playstyle is a cautious ones and a slow descent into insanity.
Thematically she likes woes and Spirits. From your list she likes the Widow Weaver for even more Wp reducing which she can even debuff more.
Thematicexpansionwise Kade likes his Teddy and iggy fits, and otherwise some good WP attacks are always good. (Beckoners attack WP)

Next you have the two dual-factions:
While Lucius is normally played in Guild he does have some tricks only Neverborn can give.
Lucius is the schemer and minion supporter. With his ability he can also gain access to some great shooters or cheap scheme denial.
His playstyle is a more passive one using his abilities to win the schemes and missions or his ordering to get off chain attacks without pause (Beckoners and Illumiated)
Thematic he likes Guild guardsmen and Mimics, here I'll recommend Beckoners and Doppelgängers.
From your list he can make use of silurids, the horseman for more schemeremoval or as a heavy beatstick.

Lynch is the last one.
>>
So when will Wyrd figure out how to make the minis they produce fit on their supplied bases?
>>
>>43595320
Neva
>>
>>43595268
Lynch is dual faction with TT, a casino owner with a drug pushing demon hanging over his shoulder
His playstyle is one based on synergy and card draw, letting him mulligan his Hand, draw more cards and prepare his thematic crew to kill.
His second half is a giant, free Henchman who can force enemies to do his bidding, heal himself up or once again prepare the thematic Crew.
Thematic Expansion would be more of the Casino staff, who he can also use in TT. (Once again Beckoners)
He can use the silurids as he lacks fast schemerunner in his theme (Terror tots are also great), Widow Weaver for the WP decrease and the horseman to Balance out Lynches rather slow speed and short range.

>>43594328
The joke is all the ressers are summoners, but Molly is mostly a support summoner as her summoning are rather short range, she rather uses her buffs and debuffs better and uses summonings for things she Needs.
Kirai is a more aggressive summoner, using seishins and batteries to summon Spirits and playing around with resummoning Ikiryo to kill stuff but she is no Nicodem
You won't really need that many different models too so financially is it doable.
>>
Through the breach players/GMs: Post your crossroads tarots, see what /tg/ thinks.

Paula Smith, Unionist Dabbler: Daughter of a whore, Paula took to forbidden arts at a young age; when she managed to afford a trip to Malifaux, her knowledge blossomed into a full talent. She masquerades as a schoolmarm, but mostly serves as a Union troubleshooter.

"After the Reaper has come for innocence the last man will speak the lies of your glory for the gloom will deny that it knows you. The hards you pass through will leave a bloody trail, and your iron wishes to bleed."

Gillie Ramirez, Independent Railworker: Gillie's never really considered joining the M&SU even though she does railwork for a living; she's not planning to stay in Malifaux for her whole life. Her parents are chemists and workers in mexico, and she sends home money through the breach back to them. Her grandfather, in particular, worked closely with the Catholic Church; he taught Gillie a few tricks in case she came across heretical trouble while in Malifaux City, and they've come in surprising amounts of use, especially against the undead and constructs that inhabit the city.

"After what is dead has died, you will refuse to open the tome, and your blood will run black. The blood stained cheeks will weave the grasses, and she will bear the fruit of your absolution."
>>
>>43570064

Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Charles Bronson, and that guy from Rush look ready to rumble.
>>
What some good background music for TTB? Most of the stuff I find that's actually FROM 1901 isn't really appropriate (maybe I just keep finding garbage). So far all I have is the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack.
>>
>>43597914
>After the reaper has come for innocence
Some kind of terrible truth learned, or terrible deed done. Reaper implies death, although you could take it in a harvest direction.
>the last man will speak the lies of your glory
A person who is, in some sense last (the only one left, or maybe the top/bottom of the food chain) will either tell lies about your skills and success, or alternatively will make up a bunch of shit you didn't actually do that makes you look better?
>the gloom will deny that it knows you
Again, this could go a few ways. The gloom (pandora/woes etc come to mind) will either deny that they know you even though they DO, or someone you've claimed to know will make the truth known.
>the hards you pass through will leave a bloody trail
Pretty straightforward, though literal or metaphorical blood is out there.
>and your iron wishes to bleed
Does your iron wish to bleed, or do you have iron wishes that will bleed? Could be a plot twist, appropriate that it's the last line.

I haven't done fate stuff before, but I'm down for some practice before I run a game.
>>
>>43595320

I've only ran into Skeeters being particularly bad, and for them I added a clear flying standed that I drilled into it.

I mostly play Ressers and Gremlins. Do other factions have it worse for base fitting?
>>
Thinking of running Molly which is the better upgrade Forgotten Path (Spirits) or Forgotten Life (Horrors)?
>>
>>43600050

I've heard Spirits is better, though it looks like a pain in the ass to bring together. It does have synergy with Izamu who is amazing at not dying and murdering everyone.

Horrors would probably be easier to pull off with the starter crew plus the University of Transmortis to back it up. Being able to call a specific student is nice since you can tailor your choice to the situation and what your opponent is running.
>>
>>43600116
>Spirits is better

What are the advantages spirits have over horrors?

>though it looks like a pain in the ass to bring together

How so, are some of the spirit models hard to find?
>>
>>43600116
And Horrors give you also some great cheap minions like Crooligans, Punk Zombies and some tormented too.
Honestly it is a toss up.
>>
In TTB what would be the stats of a standard person? Like, generally 4's? 8's to hit?
>>
File: I'VE GOT NO STRINGS.png (551 KB, 567x900) Image search: [Google]
I'VE GOT NO STRINGS.png
551 KB, 567x900
"You're all puppets... tangled in... in STRINGS."
>>
>>43603014
Plastic Stitched Togethers when?
>>
>>43594078

I do have to second the issue with Chargen.

In order to have a +4 in a combat skill and be as good a shot as a pretty crappy TT model you need +2 in a skill and +2 in a stat or +1/+3. All of which are very much on the far end when you get so much in the way of stats that is in the - area.

I think the'd have been better off having a higher minimum for PC stats (So a 'low' stat is -1, not -3) so that most PC stats sorts scale from 3-0. Let everyone have something combat they are good at.

Another issue is that since stats and skills are gained very differently, a character who relies on Speed for defense rather than the Evade skill (Which is functionally useless if it's lower than your speed) is completely at the GM's mercy for trying to get any extra defense as you only get stats once parts of your personal story finish, rather than the GM's general story.

The IDEA of Chargen is cool but I don't think it quite works out.
>>
People who are playing Through the Breach:

Your current character is now a Malifaux Henchman, what are they like/what faction are they for?
>>
>>43603816

Characters from >>43597914 .

Paula is an Arcanist model; she's got hard-hitting pulse lightning attacks and is rather squishy, definitely offensive leaning. Not a lot of tricks to her, but she's good at what she does.

Gillie is an Outcast model, maybe with the M&SU tag; she has a giant fuckoff rail hammer and a Counterspelling ability to deal damage to undead and constructs.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.