[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #582: Screaming At Each Other Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43552254
>>
File: pink mage.png (632 KB, 993x1734) Image search: [Google]
pink mage.png
632 KB, 993x1734
>>43561026
>Is anyone familiar with the zero no tsukaima timeline?

All you need.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/znt-back-to-basics-6-mostly-ln-canon-discussion.268693/
>>
>>43566863
>pic
Bang/10, would 0.
>>
>>43566939
She's cute but she's a bitch. not worth it imo
>>
>>43567310
She’s nice enough as long as you don’t do what Saito did and tap-dance on her buttons.
>>
>>43567430
by buttons you mean the breasts?
>>
>>43552309
My current secret base is a castle I got from Shrek. It's served as an Assassin hideout, magic club, wizard's fortress and dragon's lair.

As for my Warehouse, it's still filled with shipping containers, old cars, and small makeshift gardens. Nothing impressive.
>>
>>43567466
No, he means her insecurities and things that make her angry. It's an English colloquialism.
>>
When was the last time the dice gods blessed you, /jc/?

It was during the 5th DLC when I rolled 66 that I realized I could actually get all 5 disciplines for Psyker. Actually I had an okay time in LoT, none of the critical rolls failed so I didn't really get traumatized by everything.
>>
>>43566863
Thank you very much anon
>>
>>43567510
>>43566863
oh and as i feared the entire anime timeline happens in like 3 months. Well i guess i'll be aimlessly exploring most of the jump then, or pick Louise as a master and fuck more with the story (I rolled Tiffania tho and i'm quite happy with the dice really)
>>
>>43567504
I ended up winning the mask thing in the train DLC which took some lucky rolls I suppose.
>>
>>43567504
>psyker
>not being traumatized or crit failing
>for ten years
Goddamn. Why aren't you playing the lottery?
>>
>>43567493
Bingo.

Louise is a big bundle of insecurities; her haughtiness is in part a defense mechanism.

>>43567510
No problem at all.
>>
File: Dice_8_sides.jpg (52 KB, 591x476) Image search: [Google]
Dice_8_sides.jpg
52 KB, 591x476
Talking about dices ... how do you jumpers chose when to buy the roll with CP?
Personally roll then choose if keep the result or buy the option I like best.
>>
>>43567805
Only when the result is repugnant or suicidal.
>>
File: strewberry-blonde-hair-3.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
strewberry-blonde-hair-3.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>43566863
Woah. In the LN the world's two moons are each larger in appearance than Earth's. Even assuming that's due to shorter distances, dafuq kind of orbital mechanics would that world even have? I'd hate to be the person in charge of predicting the tides...

>that pic
Also she's only a pinkette in the anime; in the LN, she's a hazel-eyed strawberry-blonde (see example pic).

>>43567466
>buttons
No; also, note that her complaints about her bust are in comparison to Kirche, who is seriously stacked.

>>43567617
Yeah, it's short, but there's plenty of other stuff to explore and don't forget (unless the author had a Deus Ex Machina planned that your jumper's actions haven't derailed) the Windstone crisis is going to be kicking off before your ten years are up...
>>
>>43567893
>strawberry-blonde
Disgusting bimbo hair.
>>
>>43566863
>pink mage
Lewd.
>>
>>43567893
>Kirche, who is seriously stacked.
The term you're looking for is properly proportioned.
>>
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 2560x1600
Warhammer Fantasy, can you take Saphery/High Magic? It's something the High Elf, Wood Elf, and Lizardmen have access to.
>>
File: So63t.jpg (407 KB, 2233x1200) Image search: [Google]
So63t.jpg
407 KB, 2233x1200
>>43567893
As I recall it was LN volume 5 where the author changed his mind and made it pink.
>>
File: ZnT06-001.jpg (197 KB, 1520x600) Image search: [Google]
ZnT06-001.jpg
197 KB, 1520x600
>>43568042
Wait, my bad, looks like it was Volume 6.
>>
>>43567310
...Yes, getting blown up was the point of that post.
>>
>>43567972
...yes? If you have the points for it, I don't think it's restricted.

Man, Warhammer Fantasy. That was a fun jump.
>>
Does the Shadowrun setting have anything like psychic powers in it? In the conventional move stuff, say stuff, control stuff way.

Checking the wiki doesn't look like it, and I'd like to get a handle on anything Out-of-context as ace-up-sleeve. Also, can we still use Shadowrun magic if we aug up AFTER, not before, the jump is over?
>>
>>43568042
I don't think he actually changed his mind on the hair colour, it's just one of those "LN illustrators gonna do what they want" things.
>>
>>43568224
Nope. Magic is all there is. Some crazy folks think it's Psionics but they're considered crazy.
>>
>>43568224
Nope. It's all magic, and magic that occasionally interacts with technology, but still just magic.
>>
>>43568273
Sweeeet.

Acceptable targets? I think those Aztec cosplayers are a good shot, but I'm feeling wary of companies that can own a defacto country. Anyone know if they lace the goods they make with something to make people more high in iron and susceptible to blood sacrifices?
>>
>>43568224
Assuming shadowrun magic continues to work as it does in the tabletops you lose the same ability you had before getting augs. Essence measures how natural your body is and I use this term lightly for jumpers. Augs sap away from your ability to connect to magic.

In a meta sense this is to keep mages from minmaxing and to keep people from going overboard and becoming robots. It serves as a good check and balance...but seriously fuck the essence drain attacks. Those are still bullshit.
>>
>>43568224
>>43568329
Nope. Jump maker outright said that non-Shadowrun cybernetics have ZERO impact on your magic.
>>
>>43568313
They kidnap people off the streets, the kind nobody cares about. They drug them or don't and then cut them open in secret. It's not a thing that gets publicized but is a well known secret in the shadow community.
>>
>>43568329
The idea that replacing non-cns systems with robotics makes you go crazy has always been rock fucking stupid to me. It has no basis in logic or sense.
>>
>>43568313
Bloodzilla just saying. Also it is a bad idea to mess with the Azzys.
>>
>>43568313
Aztechnology doesn't even need to do that. They just out-and-out grab people off the streets and slice 'em open for their blood sacrifices.

There's a reason so many jumpers choose them when taking the 'hunted by a megacorp' drawback.
>>
>>43568348
>>43568329
That's great news! Still annoyed how I can't surf the net without draining Essence. Is the Shadowrun magic system any good? I know that one group of Native Americans managed to set off volcanoes.

>>43568381
>>43568357
...Hokay then. Don't try to tick off a AAA early in the jump. Any non-jerk snerk dragons to hope for?
>>
>>43568416
>Non dickish Dragon
Well there was the former president but he sort of has a case of sickness called being dead so I doubt you can find many.
>>
>>43568477
... Wait a minute is Dunkelzahn's corpse still around somewhere?

Because dammit I will find a way to resurrect that glorious wyrm!
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1599x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1599x1200
>>43568416
You can surf the net. Commlinks are ubiquitous now, they're like smart phone but wearable. Datajacks are now for the older folks and riggers

The system is pretty good. You basically gather mana, and if you're not careful you can experience backlash. Depending on how much you take it can be lethal damage or stun damage.
>>
>>43568516
No clue where it is buried if it still exists.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 604x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 604x758
>>43568516
>>43568516
No his corpse blew up, he sacrificed his life to give more time. The extradimensional horrors that consumed much the world during the last Age of Magic were coming early.
>>
>>43568546
>>43568579
I remember there was a resurrection perk that let you bring back someone without a body. Not sure which one.
>>
>>43568630
The only ones that aren't DnD spells are Miracle, which has a limit of... 6 months, I think, and Revive which has a limit of 6 hours. I can't remember what the limits on DnD revival/wish spells were, so I can't comment on those.
>>
>>43568375

It's an old idea, and pretty much just a legacy thing.

Cyberpsychosis was supposed to be about the alienation of humans when they make themselves into living weapons by cutting away their sensation and replacing it with cold metal and crude simulated feeling.

Shadowrun is not really about that, though.

Essence is primarily a game balance measure, and losing it has no mandatory effect on your innate psychology beyond any specific bias a character might have.

Given that the majority of middle-class and up in SR are augmented - if only with a datajack or some cybereyes - if it caused greatly increased rates of psychosis the world would be even shittier than it is.
>>
>>43568771
Far as I remember, you can Wish anyone's body back and functional, then Wish them back to life.
>>
>>43568826
Thing is, having a prosthetic arm isn't going to make you any crazier realistically.
>>
Let's go back to important questions:

Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising as a companion.

Import him into Warhammer 40k as an Ork. a WARSENATOR if you will.

Opinion?
>>
>>43568771
For D&D, Raise Dead at level five is one day per caster level, needs a body and any missing bits remain missing; Resurrection at level seven is ten years per caster level and needs only a piece of the body; True Resurrection at level nine is also ten years per caster level and doesn't need the body at all if you can unambiguously identify the deceased.
>>
>>43567918
Now that's just rude. There are perfectly intelligent people/mages/eldritch abominations out there that simply have that as their natural hair color.
>>
Jumper, what aesthetic do you go for? We have more than a few perks dedicated to helping bring a myriad of abilities to a central 'theme,' so the question is - what is yours?

Are you the white knight (not the tumblr one) in shining armor? The dark, fiery overlord? Dragons on top of more dragons?
>>
>>43568416

You can surf the Matrix - you can go with VR goggles/glasses and force-feedback gloves, or you can buy a Trode Net, which is basically a wearable neural interface and acts like a datajack.

It's a slightly inferior and vulnerable option compared to the proper professional's datajack - but it's good enough for casual use.

And, while the jump doesn't actually really explain, essence loss can't be undone without losing the 'ware - but you can just grow your magic past that damage. Lightly augmented magicians are quite effective.

Of course as essence is completely tied into the metaphysics of SR magic it's farcical to apply the effects of essence loss to any other magic system... and doesn't even make sense to apply it post-jump, as it's a function of the astral form recognizing your original body plan.
>>
>>43568926
Oh, and the other catch with D&D rez spells is that its the deceased's decision on whether they return, not you, and as part of the magic they will know your name and alignment.
>>
>>43568941
Graceful and elegant. Water and moonbeams.
>>
File: blizzard.gif (479 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
blizzard.gif
479 KB, 500x303
>>43568941
Look upon me, and know that I am Winter.
>>
>>43568941

Dark and creepy, yet welcoming. Me and my companions try to emulate the Addams Family. The fact that most of us are vampires helps.
>>
>>43568956
In that case I doubt he'd want to return. Especially since it's a spell and not Jumpchan fiat, it might fuck up whatever he did to keep the nasties away.
>>
Question about A Day at the Races, what happens to the team you pick if you win? Do they become companions or something?
>>
>>43568897
As long as you manage to beat him into the dirt the first time, I'd think he'd be plenty loyal.

>>43568946
That's good to know, and here I was worried whether tech/netsurfing perks from other jumps were required. Granted, I have no idea what the powerlevel of rigging is.

>>43568956
Oh, that's... helpful? I was wondering why Chaotic Evil would resurrect Chaotic Evil.

>>43568941
uh, a field of flowers, I guess. Terrible at this type of stuff I am.
>>
>>43568885

Oh absolutely, I agree. But it used to be that you don't just have an arm - you lost that arm in The War, and got a shitty hydralic claw.

Or that arm is loaded with finger-razors and tweaked so strong that you can't touch your lover without bruising her - so you take it off every night and feel the cold air chill the metal ports of your stump.

And then there's the phantom limb, which the corp doctor said would go away when they persuaded you to take the surgery to increase your productivity at the docks.

And so on - cyberpsychosis was always about the human response to becoming a commodity of the Mega Corp or a living weapon or just about those people either too willing or forced to sacrifice the best things in life for the next payday. Not necessarily realistic, but there to make a point.
>>
>>43569010
They do become Companions, yes.
>>
>>43569030
>That's good to know, and here I was worried whether tech/netsurfing perks from other jumps were required. Granted, I have no idea what the powerlevel of rigging is.

Rigging is basically a One Man Army kind of role - assuming you have the budget. And that's an important assumption.

You can have a dozen or so drones with decent nonsentient pilot programs (or slightly better) that can be loaded with anything a human could carry.

You can have stealthed permaflight overwatch with a sniper rifle. A few microdrones that can bore through walls and tap into fibre optics. Fast-pursuit drones designed to end car chases. Quad-legged Hunter Killers mounting LMG's with olfactory sensors that can track a man from half a mile away.

Without an unlimited budget, generally they'll keep one or two tricked out units and a gaggle of disposables and toys. There are countermeasures to drone armies, but they're essentially just jamming your direct control and making them rely on their pilot program.
>>
>>43569086
Too bad they didn't survive my battle against the Terminus Est, then.

There was a memorial service the very next Jump. Heck, next time I'm in charge of kingdom-level resources or more, I'm building statues of those guys.
>>
>>43569147
Right, rigging is the control of drone rigs. I meant decking, I don't know what the powerlevel of decking is.

Are shadowrunners allowed to have that much firepower, or is there a point where you declare yourself a PMC.
>>
>>43568941
I've got a sorta space cowboy/modern samurai thing going... duster and hat, with pointy fox ears poking out and I'm up to four fluffy white tails now, lightsaber and blaster at my hips and a droid army behind me. everything's red and black, sleek and elegant.
>>
>>43568941
Ordinary person.
>>
>>43568941
Take Deadpool and mix him with Doctor Doom and you have my jumper.
>>
>>43568941
>Jumper, what aesthetic do you go for?
Russ Meyer.
>>
>>43568941
Myself, perfected
>>
>>43569234

Shadowrunners have a wide range of power, but are generally pretty hardcore.

It's not uncommon to have a chameleonic APC, or a magician with a couple of very superhuman spirits, or a troll packing one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KI_8Bz_ao

Jobs can range from simple private investigation to eco-warrior vandalism to levelling several buildings as distractions for your assault on a corporate research facility to extract their top scientist.
>>
File: average.jpg (193 KB, 960x690) Image search: [Google]
average.jpg
193 KB, 960x690
>>43569279
>>
>>43552309
Holy shit this took longer than I thought it would.

http://pastebin.com/xM7DwvyS

This is my Domain. a series of following and dynamic structures networked with each other and the warehouse by a scheme of my own devising. Various positions are staffed by networked duplicates of me where appropriate or necessary.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>43568941
Golden Angel with real wings (six).
>>
File: tumblr_nd0atqZ28J1tf5pxao1_1280.jpg (785 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd0atqZ28J1tf5pxao1_1280.jpg
785 KB, 800x1000
>>43568941
Just a simple hunter.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 419x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 419x627
>>43569234
Decking is pretty powerful, think of decking like hacking today but way faster. Decker have a shit load of programs that allow them to find backdoors, spoof access...etc.

Want nuyen? Steal it from a SINer because legally they're required to broadcast it while in public. Deckers are vital for getting in & out of places, and there to fight Spiders (riggers rigged to a building) so that you don't trigger alarms.

As everything is wireless you can even hack weapons. Most them are slaved to individual's commlink or to their decker's deck.
>>
>>43567805
I roll Age and Location together, and decide which one I want to be which. If they're both absolutely terrible, I... well, I don't pay the CP, I just decide I rolled something better. Because fuck that. But if I did, that's when I'd pay the CP.
>>
>>43567805
>Personally roll then choose if keep the result or buy the option I like best.
Same
>>
File: fuck abyssals get shipgirls.png (216 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fuck abyssals get shipgirls.png
216 KB, 500x500
>>43568941
Short and kinda stupid.
>>
Question, what do the Cyborg upgrades with * near them in Metal Gear Rising jump mean?
>>
File: tenwithkey.jpg (83 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
tenwithkey.jpg
83 KB, 420x279
>>43568941
pic-related
>>
>>43568946
Don't worry - Essence is restored to full post-Jump. I made that clear in the outro.
>>
My working project for Quest for Glory, attached. I am not expecting detailed feedback until it is fully complete, but I would love to hear general impressions for those willing to take a quick look. In particular, on the way I am handling the companions, and the general look of the jump.

Determined to make it to the Imaged Jumps folder with this one!
>>
>>43570525
So... why the restriction on companions taking drop in?
>>
>>43570630
Thematically because Drop-In is meant to be a meta-background about being a protagonist.
>>
>>43570525
I'd highly recommend carrot over stick for backgrounds. Nobody likes being told "you must be he same background for all Jumps," so why not make it optional? Let people keep their background for free or pay the background cost for a new one.

Remember, the games may have pretended you were the same person each game, but they also didn't require you to import your old save. If you started a new game between each it'd just pretend there was continuity.
>>
>>43568941
I'm not sure what the best way to put this is, but a person who, though you can't specify any one thing, you look at him and think "I wouldn't be surprised if he was a wizard."
>>
>>43570674
You really shouldn't be locking people out of the "not having an entire alternate life crammed into your head" background, especially not for so weak a reason. For one thing, it's not like there aren't jumpers who run a companion-heavy build where the companions are the ones who actually do the fun stuff. I can remember a fair number of examples of people turning around in settings like Game of Thrones to find their companions had conquered a kingdom when they weren't looking.
>>
>>43570689
There's a very good reason for that mechanic in this case, and that is the fact that in future Quest for Glory jumps players will be able to buy perks from previous Quest for Glory jumps. Like, if you did not buy the "Might" perk in the first jump, when you get more CP in the second jump, you can either spend it on the new perks introduced in the second Quest for Glory game, or spend it on perks from the previous ones.

If jumpers can change their background, then the costs are far too cheap. I suppose I could allow for this "gaming", and just bump up all the CP costs. hm..
>>
>>43570773
In that case, I will change it so that companions can optionally choose to skip the alternate history aspects of the other backgrounds, and make it so that one of them can take the Drop-In background specifically, provided that you do not. Only one protagonist allowed, essentially.

That should answer those objections; thanks for the input on that! Good points.
>>
>>43570689
Ah, no, even better: I'll let them change their background if they wish to with the CP cost, but if they want to buy perks from previous "games", then the CP costs are based on the background that they were when they played that game, even if it uses "new" CP. I think that will be the most elegant solution that avoids "forcing" background continuity.
>>
Guys, what does the * near the bottom cyborg modifications in Metal Gear Rising jump mean? It's not explained at any point in the pdf
>>
>>43570914
I think it's the cyborg specializations you can get from the Desperado Mascot origin. Otherwise you can just buy them.
>>
>>43570525

what, no mention of paladins?
>>
>>43570987
Paladins aren't introduced in any capacity until the second game.
>>
Gratitude for the very useful feedbacks; I will return next when I have a full and complete version.
>>
So I've been working on an update for the Teen Titans jump for a while now but I wanted to add some new powers before I put it out. I've finally finished writing them and I wanted to know what you guys think.

>(Mystery) Size Shifting [500cp]: The ability to shrink yourself down to the size of a bee. You'll retain the same mass while shrunk, allowing you to hit as hard as you would at full size.

>(Athlete) Amorphous Physiology [600cp]: You possess the ability to change your body into a flexible slime-like substance at will. As slime your durability is greatly enhanced and you're able to shift into many different shapes and sizes, however your mass must remain constant. Any mass you lose will be quickly regenerated but this process drains your stamina, tiring you out sooner. After taking enough damage to be knocked unconscious you will be forced back into your human form.
Supernatural Durability will be reduced to 500cp and this power will replace it as the capstone for Athlete.

>(Nerd) Telepathic Immunity [500cp]: After intense training and self-conditioning your mind has been transformed into a fortress. Your willpower is nearly doubled, you've become more resistant to hypnosis, and weak telepathic suggestions will have no effect on you.

>(Thief) Invisibility [500cp]: Whether it be through magic or the manipulation of light you're able to completely hide yourself from sight. Your invisibility can fool most people and machines, but anything that senses auras or heat will still be able to pick you up. People and creatures with extremely sensitive hearing will also be difficult to avoid.
>>
File: 1329776988623.jpg (91 KB, 600x780) Image search: [Google]
1329776988623.jpg
91 KB, 600x780
I think the xena/hercules jump is finally done.

Taking a last round of feedback, then I'll put it up on the drive tomorrow or so.

http://pastebin.com/BhgY5QzZ
>>
>>43571808
What changed?
>>
>>43571808
Again I'll ask, is there any power limit on what the necklace effects? Are we going to be able to wipe out the whole pantheon of gods just by giving this to Zeus?
>>
>>43571808
Jumps usually include 50 or 100 cp options to buy your starting location and your starting gender.

>>43571847
I daresay Zeus is going to realise just what you tried to give him... and be really pissed off.
>>
>>43571866
Not the point. Is this going to just guarantee the death of anything no matter how powerful or will sufficiently powerful beings resist or ignore the curse?
>>
>>43571808
See>>43571847
Is an answer coming anytime soon?
>>
>>43571875
>>43571875

Look at the item's description and the notes section. It's not guaranteed to kill them - if they realise what's going on they can get rid of the necklace. Presumably, the more powerful the victim, the more chance they have of surviving long enough to possibly connect your gift of the necklace to when all the bad shit started happening.

Also, IMO, given it was made by Hephaestus, god of the forge, then beings of similar or greater power and/or portfolio who took the time to examine it would presumably recognise it was cursed.
>>
>>43572070
And if they don't realise it will kill anyone regardless of power? Seems a bit much. At the very least beings on the level of it's creator or more should resist it.
>>
>>43572107
Well, in much the same way that it's _theoretically possible_ that if you throw a tennis ball it might spontaneously quantum-tunnel through a wall instead of bouncing off, but the odds of that actually happening are really fucking low.
>>
>>43572192
Why? I mean, the only thing the paste says is that the 'mystically inclined' have a chance of noticing. A chance. None of that other stuff in >>43572070 which is all basically baseless assumptions. As is, the item guarantees death unless they're knowledgeable about magic and get lucky by noticing it's killing them. Not sure how you're getting these 'really fucking low' odds.
>>
>>43571808
>God-forged craft (200cp)
>It's completely indestructible, able to resist absolutely anything but attacks from a god or other entity on a similar scale.
>completely indestructible
>except when it's not

I'm being pedantic, but I'd suggest "nigh-indestructible"; the clause then describes its limits rather than contradicting itself.
>>
>>43572070
Er, just to point out something. Nowhere in the paste does it say that just taking it off ends the effects.
>>
>>43572216
Mystically inclined doesn't mean you have to be a wizard. Gods are mystically inclined. Monks with chi are mystically inclined. Heck, Indiana Jones is technically mystically inclined (certainly post-Ark).
>>
>>43572250
Still doesn't change the fact that even they only have a chance of recognising it and anyone else doesn't get even that.
>>
>>43572245
... okay, point. That's something the jump-maker should probably clarify.
>>
>>43572264
It'd probably help if the jump maker responded AT ALL to any of the criticism or discussion. Could've solved this >>43571847 issue and >>43572222 last time he asked for feedback since both these questions were asked then.
>>
>>43572261
I think you're taking the phrase "when they get handed a golden necklace" literally when it's meant to be figurative, but yes, could the jump-maker please clarify that too.

>>43572271
Yeah, true.
>>
>>43572290
I'm more referring to the 'may' that says it's only a maybe thing, not guaranteed. As before, the issue about it basically guaranteeing the death of any non mystic still applies.
>>
File: so floof.png (1 MB, 1024x1518) Image search: [Google]
so floof.png
1 MB, 1024x1518
>>43568941
Floof dog.
>>
>>43572306
Well, that would be because someone can be mystically inclined and still be an idiot, like the entire Harry Potter universe.
>>
Seriously though, why hasn't Wild Card redone Fallout yet? The mandatory nerf makes it universally unappealing, it's something that's usually put in as a +300 drawback. Right now it works better as an independent CYOA, not a jump.
>>
File: Excalibait.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Excalibait.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>43572441
>>
File: 1440283891464.jpg (127 KB, 1500x1153) Image search: [Google]
1440283891464.jpg
127 KB, 1500x1153
>>43572441
>>
File: Bait Bolg.png (39 KB, 798x597) Image search: [Google]
Bait Bolg.png
39 KB, 798x597
>>43572466
My Gae Bolg just pierced your Rho Aias
>>
>>43572455
>>43572466
What, are we not allowed to post criticism of jumps now?
>>
>>43572499
Not when the language use in the criticism makes it clear that you've been around for previous discussions of the topic, and should therefore know that it would provoke an argument that would satisfy no one.
>>
File: mah drills.gif (130 KB, 344x472) Image search: [Google]
mah drills.gif
130 KB, 344x472
>>43572486
>>43572466
>>43572455
>>
>>43572486
Lewd
>>
File: remove bait.jpg (103 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
remove bait.jpg
103 KB, 1365x1024
>>43572486
>>
>>43572441
Is it really that bad, though? Usually those drawbacks completely seal your powers. You still have a pretty damn good advantage over other people even with the nerf, especially if you're an old jumper with thousands of years worth of experience. You can always just fanwank it. It's your jump after all.
>>
>>43572548
Don't respond to the troll.
This isn't rocket science.
>>
Is there a gallery with these kind of bait pictures?
I actually find some of them funny.

Or do I have to wait for them each time.
>>
>>43572441
Now I'm not a fan of it, but it gave me a thought of how to have fun with it.

I've installed a bunch of mods onto New Vegas, with them I am slowly building my Jumper Fallout Character and going around and seeing how I would fair. I even got a Super Mutant Race mod and have set the goal for myself to find three suits of power armor before I can wear one as only then would I think I would have enough parts to build a Super Mutant Power Armor.

So far it's been fun.
Except for when the manager updated and I had the reinstall every single damn mod individually and restart my playthrough.
>>
>>43572584
Note, googling "funny bait pictures" does NOT work.
>>
>>43572592
>Super Mutant Power Armor
If you actually went super mutant with power armor in your jump, your interactions with wastelanders must have been amazing.
>>
>>43567972
That was part of the Reason I was an Asrai that jump.
>>
>>43571808
So I was a demigod of Cronus in Percy Jackson, this will carry over right? for the lulz i mean
>>
>>43568941
Friendly Neighborhood Thunderstorm
>>
File: 1440785718312.png (39 KB, 620x456) Image search: [Google]
1440785718312.png
39 KB, 620x456
>>43572584
I save all the baitfish images I come across that I don't have already, got about ~60 so far, and I know I don't have anywhere near all of them.
>>
>>43572696
Gotta catch 'em all.
>>
>>43572696
So for you it's like Rare Pepes for /b/, or Rare Flags for /pol/?
>>
>>43572637
I wouldn't think it be anything special.
Just a lot of screaming and feces.

It's the uncommon people like the Brotherhood of Steel that can be fun. You know, when they're not shooting at me and realize that I'm on their side.
And that I'm probably smarter than most of their scribes.
>>
>>43572696
Nevermind, I ruined the fun. Found the gallery on Know Your Meme / Bait.

There's... a lot.

>>43572592
Wouldn't you need some know-how to make it fit your frame without looking like an ork?
>>
File: 1446577644012.png (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446577644012.png
35 KB, 800x600
>>43572720
More or less, though I don't go looking for them, I just save what I come across. Got most of mine off /a/.
>>
>>43572731

Since your here I have a question about the generic virtual world jump.

Does the line the MAIDn companion has about not being able to use supernatural powers but being able to replicate them digitally just mean it doesn't start with the ability, or does it mean that it can't get that ability ever even if you import it, or does importing it and giving it a perk that gives it supernatural powers result in weird data based reality warping that's totally not supernatural?
>>
>>43572757
>Bakuya is black with the red thingys
I love it
>>
>>43572778
I ... huh.

I guess the second situation, with the bonus that anything that looks supernatural has the [Digital] subtype applied to it instead.

Originally it was just your average data based reality warper (what happens when an AI gets out of the box) but deliberately importing it to have supernatural perks is a bit of a wet-fire situation.
>>
>>43572821
Sorry, meant the first and third situations.

Comprehension fail there.
>>
>>43572731
I took Certified Tech perk.
That alone gives an understanding of Pre-War science along with reverse-engineering skills.
Combine that with spending two prior jumps as a mechanic, and building a nice suit of Power Armor shouldn't be too difficult.
Getting the parts is what's difficult. One would need at least 3 suits of armor plus spare materials to construct a suit large enough to cover a Super Mutant's frame.
>>
>>43572222

changed it.

>>43571826

notes and amazon capstone, mostly.

>>43571847
>>43572306
>>43572390

It's basically a high-powered cursed item. I'll clarify it in the notes.

>>43571866

I'll tack that in.

>>43572245

It's an actual item from myth, similar to the legend of the hope diamond. It does horrible things to people, and then someone else makes the mistake of picking it up, and the cycle continues. I'll tweak the notes.
>>
>Sick Burn (Problem Sleuth) + We've both done things you're going to regret (Portal) + Curse Like a Sailor (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Any other perks that increase the power of my insults? Or perks thatlet me insult things I usually couldn't?
>>
>>43572981
Realm of Myths from Civilisation to cuss out rivers and forests
Thu'um from Skyrim to talk smack at reality
Wordplay from Medaka Box to physically hurt people with puns
>>
>>43572821
>>43572831

I mostly asked do to remembering that their are jumps where you can import all of your companions(or at least more than the standard 8), and a lot of them are fantasy settings.

Anyway just checking incase I misunderstood things. Basically MAIDn is like a digimon and/or one of the data entities from the Haruhi Suzumiya series, in that it can basically treat non-virtual/digital space as if it was virtual/digital space?

Also am I correct in assuming that DRAgN works the same way?
>>
>>43572911
Yo, last thread (threads?) I mentioned Demigods seem to be lacking in the ability to fight on a supernatural level. Preferred the previous capstone to the current one personally but it seems this one's pretty popular with the rest of thread. Was that a deliberate design choice?
>>
>>43572981
Dry Wit from Tomb Raider, Back and Forth from Slice of Life, kinda-sorta the taunts from Darkstalkers.
>>
>>43573039
Yes and yes. Except dragn is more of a jerk and prone to possession and destruction (military ai) where maidn doesn't know better and interacts with like everything (civilian ai).
>>
>>43573044

Partially. My first attempt at a demigod capstone didn't feel right, and I couldn't get it the way I wanted anyways.

That and the source material's only example of demigods had a little super-strength, which I felt was already covered by other perks to a degree.
>>
>>43573089
Now I'm thinking of importing MAIDn to Arpeggio of Blue Steel to put her in a nanomachine colony, let her reconfigure her processing substrate to optimize any given reality-warping program. Maybe get her Crimson Saint, too, to make it easier for her to translate magic to machinery. And then, since she's a ship, I could import her to Supreme Commander to become an ACU and be able to nanoassemble copies of her technology. That way she could produce extra processor-colonies as needed, get some really powerful "magic" going on.
>>
>>43573103
Oh.

That's...disappointing. I kinda liked the whole divine purview thing the other capstone had going on.

Would you at least consider including it as a mutually exclusive capstone i.e. get a discount on both, but you can only pick one? I confess I'm cribbing from how Percy Jackson handled Magicians. I personally like how open-ended that capstone felt.
>>
>>43573113
Hmm, with all this talk of xbox Hueg LoTs and AI imports, it makes me wonder if we have any jumps that let you merge AIs, AI companions, or regular companions into singular beings. To cut down on the slots yaknow?

Or would that raise moral issues.
>>
>>43573209

Final Fantasy 13-3 had a scenario that has fusing two companions together as one of the options for the prize. The other two options are manipulation of souls, or a personal pocket dimension that can't be used for stoage.
>>
>>43570525
I love it!
>>
A Grand Day Out-(Taken 5 Years in)
Hanging out with Magnus, not sure if Good Idea
0/1600
Jerazol-Ferran Ghast
Grace-Myrchella Sinderfell
Undred Undred Teef-Coriolanus Vestra
Zayth-Unknown Heretic
Psychic Awakening
Veteran of the Psychic Wars-Biomancy
Psychic Supremacy
Laboratorium
Pharmacia
Auto-Stabilised Logis Targeter
Micro Laser Defense Grid
>>
Probably it has already been asked several times but, how do Horcrux work? am i effectively unkillable if i leave it in my warehouse?
>>
>>43573291
A Sky Filled with Steel-(Taken 8 Years in)
0/1500
Go with the Ratskins, Rolled for Scrap Code Generator
Specialistx2-Armorer, Weaponsmith
Khan's Wrath Needler Rifle
Karloth Valois+500
Rolled for Adrenaline Control
Rolled for Chose Minor Power of Choice, Chose Iron Soul
Rolled for Make Four Rolls chose which one, Rolled Choose Primary Power, Chose Pyromaniac Primary Power
--------------------------

No Orks, instead Undead. It was a good trip.
>>
>>43573520
1. Since the warehouse is considered outside the jump's reality for all intents and purposes it'd probably stop functioning

2. It's basically a phylactery. Voldemort's can do weird psychic crap, which may or may not have had something to do with the fact that he pioneered having horcruxes further than anyone else by splitting up his soul into seven portions

3. You can still suffer biological death, the Horcrux would let you cling to life as a posessive spirit. You'd still need to know the potion to restore yourself into a physical body, though other spiritual/magical techniques might let you find ways around this
>>
Barrier barrier fruit vs East?
>>
>>43573553
Ea
>>
>>43573553
>>43573558
Barrier fruit would block the direct hit but it's such a large and destructive attack that it'd hit the one behind the shield anyway.
>>
>>43573553
Never bet against the Undefeated School of the East
>>
I vaguely remember a perk that let you control vehicles you were touching, possibly including sailing ships. Can anyone remember what this perk is from or if I'm mis-remembering?
>>
>>43573605
That'd be one of the effects of Magical Works from Bayonetta.

Titular character controls a fighter jet simply by walking on it's top.
>>
>>43573657
That's the one! Thanks.
>>
>>43571534
What I wanna know is, where's the caveman?
>>
So besides SW Rebellion is anyone working on any major Sci Fi franchise jumps?
>>
>>43571808
Do companions get 300CP plus an origin, or just 300CP?
>>
So, I need some input.
I took the "They'll need to invent a new kind of Nobel Prize..." perk in Portal, and I basically left a couple of science-type companions, robots and a half-power copy of myself to supervise things to "go do some science".
But I need some ideas for portal gun-level innovations they might come up with - anyone got any zany tech ideas?
>>
>>43574230
A type of cheese goop that can instantly harden, liquify or gasify invented to remove the neat for heating appliances in dinners.

Useful for quick dry cement, collapsible structures and weight loss.

You're going for "a simple product designed for something that turns out to be useful for something else", right?
>>
What would be some good worlds to take all 3 umbilical cords and cause Second Impact?

Actually what would one get from doing those things?
>>
>>43574248
Yeah, anything like that. That's a good one.
>>
>>43574363
Twilight.
>>
>>43574363
All the umbilical cords do is turn you into a baby Old One. So you'll still need Civ or a lot of time to get actual powers.

From the little I understand from Evangelion, a proper Impact event seems to be just metaphysical terraformation, with you as the conscience behind it. So nigh-omnipotence in the planet you Impacted, maybe some weird Angel soul stuff to go with it. Might be wrong.
>>
>>43574230
If you can find a way to make an adaptive, universal lubricant you'd have every engineer ever buying an ocean of it.
>>
>>43574477
Universal lube doesn't really seem on the level on 'portal gun', though. It'd be a neat research by-product like the gels were.
>>
File: antispirals.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
antispirals.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>43574363
Girl-Chan in Paradise and Cho Aniki. Really, it would be a mercy to either reality.

>what would one get

Hmm, that depends if you're relying on Original Series or Rebuild Angel DNA. If it's the original-well, probably a planetary zone somewhat similar to the Warp, where your own ego is exposed to the liberated souls of the planet's mortal races. Yet separate and alienated from them by your eldritch nature. At this point, you are probably also a small potato-sized squid inside a cybernetic clone of either Adam or Lilith impaled by a Lance of Longinus which is in turn inside either a giant naked Rei or Kaworu depending on which progenitor genes you spliced up. Unless you deviated significantly from the canon Impact procedures. All water on Earth has probably been replaced by LCL too.

On the other hand, it's notable the aborted Third Impact event in Rebuild not only terraformed the world into scarlet wastelands but created things called Faillures of Infinity heavily implied to be humans partially transfigured into EVAs so-if you successfully pulled it off?

Hope you dig giant robots.
>>
>>43573209

Well, being AI it's probably something that is possible just by virtue of their nature as long as there isn't anything magic about them.

I could see AI creating a child-AI through a similar code-exchanging creative process, or even just all your different AI comparing their architecture and updating with each other.

Perhaps they would be amenable to fusing, and becoming a singular AI with multiple parallel personalities, retaining their selfhood.
>>
>>43574709
>retaining their selfhood.
Nope. A gestalt is not the individuals.
>>
New jumper here with a question for you veterans about magic from different jumps. Say I learnt fire magic, because who doesn't like burning things, and later I learn techniques to enhance or alter that fire magic to...as a made up example...work underwater, or it only effects my foes but not friends. If i learn a new set of fire spells in a different jump, can I still use those techniques on these new spells?

I understand you can use powers from an earlier jump but wondered about the interaction of modifiers. I believe similar skills/abilities stack (sort of).
I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>43574477
>If you can find a way to make an adaptive, universal lubricant you'd have every engineer ever buying an ocean of it.
Not just engineers, buddy. There's a whole other industry that'd love a universal lube.
>>
>>43574726
With AI it might be. All it wold be though would be a pair of programs running within a larger program. It would be two different AI, the only real difference may be how the hardware handles it.
>>
>>43574741
Usually, magic enhancement perks are assumed to cross over between systems. So yeah, you're good.
>>
>>43574742
You're right!
I completely forgot about handymans (handymen?)
Fuck you WD-40, we monopoly now.
>>
>>43574753
Nope, they would no longer be the individual. Their actual conscious self would be eliminated.
>>
>>43574759
And could fire magic from one jump count towards a prerequisite of fire magic in another, so i could spend choice points on another element as I can already cast fire magic?
>>
>>43574799
Nope.
>>
>>43574775
No, you can combine programs as simply as having a single program that as it's function, just launches two .exe files. Those two programs can then be run as a single program, this can be quite beneficial if you want to run two different programs where you want to share assets between them. Then you just have those assets placed within the launcher that they both run under, the two programs themselves do not have to have any interaction.
>>
>>43574775

This seems like it would depend on how the gestalt occurs. I can see two options.

The first is simply merging the AI minds together. This would likely eliminate the originals at least as individuals.

The second would be having several AI programs share a network and it's resources, give them the ability to communicate, and make it so that they have to vote on what to do when it comes to how to use their hardware. In this version the individual Ai would still exist, and will probably be useless if you haven't programmed in co-operation.

Although there might be other options.
>>
>>43574807
AI are as much simple programs as you are. They are not functioning as a single individual.
>>
>>43574741
Yeah, in general, something that enhances/alters one kind of "fire magic" will work for all kinds of fire magic, whether that's fireball from D&D, or Fyrefiend from Harry Potter.

The only exceptions would be things that modify specific branches or sources of magic.

For example, Wandless Magic from Harry Potter would not work with a wand from Forgotten Realms, because in HP, the wand is just a channel for magic that comes from the wizard, whereas in FR, the wand is a usually expendable source, and if you don't have that source, you can't use it.

>>43574799
It doesn't count as a prerequisite, but it might mean that you ignore certain choices.
For example, you might choose waterbending from Avatar, get the fire element control from Captain Planet, wind from Asura Cryin, etc. to have at least decent control over each element, even if each separate brand of magic doesn't work precisely the same as the next.
Or, buy fire powers every time, and know that your control over flames is deeply nuanced and absolute.
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
Okay uh. The latest project has hit a bit of a snag.

Does anyone have any ideas for perks or items that enable you to forge/combine the conceptual absence of a weapon, and weapons which are concepts that have been embodied?
>>
>>43575091
You mean like that thing in Persona?
>>
>>43575091

>
Does anyone have any ideas for perks or items that enable you to forge/combine the conceptual absence of a weapon

What exactly do you mean by 'the conceptual absence of weapon'?

>weapons which are concepts that have been embodied

Technically a significant amount of noble phantasms, and possibly normal conceptual weapons depending on what you mean. The Nihil Forma(in hindsight you might be referring to this but I'm not completely sure) with a Persona channeled into it seems like it might also count.
>>
File: AntiSpiralWP.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiralWP.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1200
>>43575152
>>43575153
The Nihil Forma from Persona is the starting point, yes.

Alas, we don't personally have Item Creation; one of our companions does and I forgot if you can learn it over the ages, but I was pretty sure it's not one of those things that can be learned and adapted

And actually, we're not even sure if EX rank Item Creation would be suitable for what we have in mind. We're thinking of working with beyond-divine level swords such as the Armageddon Blade from Darksiders and True Longinus from DxD.
>>
>>43575215
SErvant skills just represent real skills the individual had in life. You technically could learn 'item creation', the only catch is that, unless you have given yourself access to older forms of magic from being a Servant, it'll be weaker than a Servant's Item Creation.
>>
>>43574803
Cool. Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>43575229
Ah. Noted, thanks.

We do have HSDW and Numerology at A+++/A++ ranks, but having thought over the limits of Ea, Item Creation alone probably isn't going to be of much help unless one were to take a very, VERY liberal interpretation of Extra's different powerlevels. Which we're not going to because even Extra falls short of the full scope of what we're aiming for.

Although-it may prove useful along the way. Originally we were going to rely on Artificer along with our lore for one of the steps; HSDW seems capable of simulating True Magics and similar feats given Nasu's mentioning of Caster being able to create bounded fields on par with Reality Marbles, so we were intending to create something similar to the Jeweled Sword but operating on different principles.
>>
>>43575215
>>43575305

If you have Artificer you can make conceptual weapons, it also has the benefit of being able to reverse engineer mystical item stuff.

Also remember noble phantasms are technically just really good mystic codes and conceptual weapons most of the time, most of which got pulled to the afterlife with their heroic spirit. So with enough magic item creation skill its completely possible to make ones equal to or even surpassing them.

For example the Jeweled Sword of Zelretch isn't a noble phantasm, but it's better than most of them.

Also remember in the nasuverse everything has an origin a.k.a. a concept that defines it's existence. So if you learned a spell to awaken somethings origin it should theoretically be possible to upgrade it to work on objects.

If not you could copy the process that let Kiritsugu gain his origin bullets using parts of someone with the concept you want(awakening technically not required).
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.833584.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.833584.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Xena/Hercules
> Background: Adventurer [-100CP]
> Historical Accuracy [-100CP]
> Beneath Notice [-200CP]
> Always Prepared [Get a Freebie!]
> This Kills The Adventurer [-100CP]
> To Hades & Back [-300CP]
> Flip To Win [-200CP]
> Gaia's Blessing [-600CP]
> In The Blood [-200CP]
> Leather & Leather Accessories [-50CP]
> Honey Cakes [-100CP]
> Golden Apple Seeds [-150CP]
> Pun-ishment [+100CP]
> Lookalikes [+200CP]
> Jumper The Mighty [+200CP]
> To The Fairest [+600CP]

"You're a hard girl to find. The way you keep your head down. All those doubles running around. I almost think that last part was intentional. Like you're hiding."
"Can't imagine why."

You may be asking, "Konata, why would you take that drawback?"
Well, the answer is simple: Because otherwise this would be an incredibly boring jump where I wander around in obscurity. Because, I mean, there's just not a lot here to interact with.

Which is weird, because I used to watch these shows all the time. I really liked them. And yet as a jumper I'm just, like, "Wow, I don't want ANY of that."

So instead we're doing this.
Wandering Researcher(?) of Daedalus travels the world, inventing things in a Greek themed manner. Does nothing to stop impersonators. Occasionally changes identity. Accosted by gods for random bullshit.

In the beauty contest, I said Eris was the hottest.
Then I ran.
A lot.

Also, Eris wasn't even in the contest and reportedly found this hilarious when she found out.
>>
File: 23981022-620-620.jpg (80 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
23981022-620-620.jpg
80 KB, 620x620
Redwall
> Location: Riftscar Island [Rolled7]
> Background: Abbey-Dweller
> Species: Fox (Silver) [Get a Freebie!]
> Gurt Diggins [-100CP]
> Dark Apothecary [Get a Freebie!]
> Riddle Me This [-400CP]
> With Open Arms [Get a Freebie!]
> Wholesome Home Cooking [-100CP]
> Expert Healer [-200CP]
> JITTAGALL [-300CP]
> Dirty Fighting [-100CP]
> A Little Light In Every Heart [-300CP]
> Sturdy Haversack [Get a Freebie!]
> Infinite Cheese [Get a Freebie!]
> Book of Riddles [-200CP]
> Abbey Kitchen [-100CP]
> Relentless Riddles [+200CP]
> Ursus Arctos Horribilis [+600CP]

~
> Jump Count: Probably way earlier than you're expecting. I'm still vaguely likable!

... I really like riddles, okay?

Anyway, I am a verminous(?) race with a moral ambiguity and secret desire for love and friendship. I am pretty sure this setting hates people like me.
So that'll be fun.

Anyway, I spend most of my time acting as the non-magical equivalent of an alchemist... with some actual magical equivalents thrown in, because even now I know a shitload of alchemy. Like, wow.
I can provide healing and buffs and weird things. Probably play up the alchemist/witch angle. Think of me as a less obtrusive Plague Knight.
Also cooking and riddles. Because those are fun.

Anyway, it's mostly pretty subdued.
Until the FREAKING BEAR SHOWS UP.
Then a lot of stuff explodes or gets lit on fire.

Did you know that bears are often only annoyed and startled by most home calibre firearms?
They are godless killing machines.
>>
File: clickety clack.jpg (36 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
clickety clack.jpg
36 KB, 927x380
>>43576225
> Did you know that bears are often only annoyed and startled by most home calibre firearms?
> They are godless killing machines.

That's why Allah gave us flamethrowers.
>>
>>43576477
>Flaming bears
It's like you WANT to make them worse.
>>
>Import Hooligan Tuesday to FFTA
>roll Moogle for her race
>Mooligan

She is going to murder me in my sleep with a flashlight and I bet she only hasn't left yet because I have free food that isn't corpsestarch or gruel. Except not really, too durable for that.
>>
File: antispiralconfuse.jpg (21 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
antispiralconfuse.jpg
21 KB, 425x239
Huh. Didn’t know those were ready for builds.

Oh well. Here goes nothing.

[Xena/Hercules: The Legendary Journeys]

Drawbacks: To The Fairest, Pun-ishment(?) (1700)

Rolled Cheiron’s Academy

Demigod, age 24 (1500)

Divine Parent: The Light

Inherited Talent: Resilience

Epic Pecs (Free)
Foot in the Door (1300)
Worthy of Legend (1000)
Gaia’s Blessing (400)
Golden Apple Seeds (100)
Honey Cakes (0)

You know what ISN’T a great way to make friends among Olympians? Announcing yourself as the Light and the Resurrection, the Second Coming and Son of the One God. Apparently posers get insecure when the divine trust fund baby tries to hang out with everyone else.

You know what ALSO wasn’t a good idea? Trying to solve the whole apple dilemma by making apple juice and serving it to the contestants. We thought it was a perfectly reasonable compromise as well as a metaphor for how beauty is ultimately skin deep and it’s who we are inside that really counts, and Eris crashing the contest just to laugh her ass off at everyone involved was quite uncalled for.

Either way. It’s a crazy amount of pressure being the messiah-especially when you give a shit enough about the world to try and petition for delaying Armageddon. Especially when all you really want to do is sit around all day out-punning the lesser deities by a wide margin, open an exclusive restaurant based around divine cookery and occasionally go Rider Kick the Dahak in the face every now and then.

But sooner or later, you just gotta suck it up, accept your responsibilities and put an end to all the heresy.

Because after all, we’re on a mission from God.
>>
File: antiseekerframptkaathe.jpg (294 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
antiseekerframptkaathe.jpg
294 KB, 1280x720
>>43577463
[Redwall]

Free pick: Just outside Redwall Abbey

Drawbacks: Endless Hordes, Prophecy’s Puppet, Relentless Riddles (1800)

Abbey-Dweller, Serpent (1200)

Active Camouflage (Free)
Mad Eyes (Free)
Sturdy Haversack (Free)
Infinite Cheese (Free)
A Little Light in Every Heart (900)
With Open Arms (Free)
Wholesome Home Cooking (800)
Expert Healer (600)
Master of Hordes (0)

You’d expect a ruthless, cold-blooded serpent to be the ultimate enemy of all things. But no, not as such anyway. Somehow, we’re a respected member of the community. Probably due to our award-winning cheese fondue now with 100% more rat-based secret ingredients

An endless onslaught of vicious enemies, both kin to the inhabitants yet something less
A fate which cannot be escaped or defied
A bunch of confusing, ambiguous item descriptions

Yes. Yes, this brings back memories.

And like the primordial serpents of old, clearly the best idea here is to send Chosen Rodents on a grand quest to slay the Lord Rats and bring us their souls, ostensibly to empower a nebulous Soul Fire Thing and more practically to keep the rodents hordes disorganised long enough to continuously recruit an army of disenfranchised vermin to act as our eyes, ears and hands. This will culminate in the ignition of a Nebulous Soul Fire Thing which will in turn bring about an Age of Nebulous Luminosity that may or may not have profound revelations about the fundamental nature of small furry animals.
>>
File: Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png (150 KB, 515x322) Image search: [Google]
Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png
150 KB, 515x322
>>43577463
> Huh. Didn’t know those were ready for builds.
Latest version of Xena says it's probably the last.
Redwall is still in beta and subject to change radically, but is good enough to make builds for?
And I personally don't mind redoing builds if new stuff comes out, so, whatever.
I needed something to do.
>>
>>43469691
>[Jump #26] Lovecraft:
1000CP
------------------

>Location
Richmond, 1861-(Rolled)

>Origin
Cultist-(200cp)

>Age & Gender
1.30-(Rolled)
2.Male-(No Change)
------------------Total:(200cp)

>Perks
1.Eldritch Lore-(Free)
2.Super Sleuthing-(100cp)
3.Stoic-(200cp)
4.Summoning & Binding-(300cp)
------------------Total:(600cp)

>Items & Equipment
1.Gold.x2-(100cp)
2.Laboratory-(100cp)
------------------Total:(200cp)

>Drawbacks
None
>>
>>43578307
>Personal Journal
I've decided to try something different. I've decided that this time I'm actually going to interfere with the natural flow of history and progress in this world, and bring about some radical changes. I think these people will ultimately be better off for it since the fact that the Old Ones exist here means this universe is already fucked.

>Events
1.Immediately after arriving I decided that I would spend my time here impersonating a demon, so I took on one of my inhuman forms and didn't even bother creating a new identity for myself.
2.After that I started handing out magic and physical enhancements to slaves. Both to free them and to cause some chaos. I even convinced a few of them to follow me and we spent some time together liberating slaves with magic & monsters.
3.After a while I decided to leave my ex-slave companions and help out the Native Americans. I mainly gave them supernatural creatures and equipment but I did grant magic and physical enhancements to anyone who wanted them. I saw far more large scale battles with the Native Americans than I did with the ex-slaves, but thanks to my magic and creatures we were overall victorious.
4.Near the end of my stay I realized that my followers would eventually be overrun so I decided to return to the East Coast and set up cults in major cities that would create monsters and summon elder things.
5.Throughout my endeavors I occasionally came into conflict with the followers & children of Shub-Niggurath, as well as the followers of Nyarlathotep, and even the crawling chaos himself. The only reason I survived meeting Nyarlathotep was because our current goals were somewhat similar and I wasn't enough of a threat to warrant his attention.
>>
Fire is the worst element.
>>
>>43579121
Stay mad, waterfags
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1599x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1599x1200
Collar Of Khorne, you think it prevents all your magic? Or just any magic you have from WHFB?
>>
>>43579296
all
>>
File: earth.gif (1 MB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
earth.gif
1 MB, 640x357
>>43579259
>>43579121
Have fun with your non-solids, plebs!
>>
>>43579313
Ice is a solid.
>>
>>43579310
I was wondering if shounen punch magic like Kanka might get the OK from Khorne, but Khorne probably thinks anime is for fags anyway.

Mostly because Goku could solo a Greater Daemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (554 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554 KB, 873x627
>>43579397
Well I'll just remove the collar after the Jump.
>>
>>43579554
>Siding with a chaos god
>>
Can we make a second Emps by jamming the Rat Talisman into a statue of him?

If that works things are going to get ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x884) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x884
>>43579895
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
>>
>>43580046
I hope you're ready for taint and corruption to follow you through all your days. And not under your control either.
>>
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1024x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1024x1152
>>43580019
I think it'd be better to give him the horse & dog talisman. Immortality & rapid healing. Heck you probably want to give horse to the Golden Throne before, repair it y'know?
>>
>>43580071
>I hope you're ready for taint and corruption to follow you through all your days.
Don't you talk about ASA's waifu that way.
>>
>>43571808
Okay... Let's do this.

Age 27
Demigod [200cp]
Perks:
Historical accuracy [100cp]
Beneath Notice [200cp]
Flip to Win [200cp]
Epic pecs [Free]
In the blood [100cp]
Foot in the door [200cp]
Worthy of Legend [300cp]

Companion Import - The Deer Lord [Free]
Amazon [100cp]
Ayiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi! [Free]
Flip to Win [100cp]
Epic pecs [100cp]

items:
Golden Apple Seeds [150cp Discounted]
Leather and leather accessories [50cp]
Honey Cakes [100cp]

drawbacks:
To the fairest [+600cp]

...Apparently being called to judge a beauty contest is not best solved by replicating the apple to give all of them one.
Who'd have known?
Anyway, I'll set myself up as the Chosen of the new God of Machines. Invite people to dine in Machine Heaven. which is otherwise known as my Overkill Star-ACU space station.
I think I've been a god thrice now, a demigod a bunch more times. I should be able to grow some apple trees, right?
Also, Worthy of Legend, best perk. Been wanting something like that for a while.
Also also, my Blood Knight Deer Rival is now a fashion model warrior woman. I can't help but find this hilarious.
>>
>>43580140
ugh. Forgot the picture. again.
>>
/jc/, I want to be able to spread my philosophy of feverish aestheticism and egocentric indulgence throughout the multiverse. What perks do I need to get people in most settings to live out their chuunibyou fantasies without concern for the consequences? Or should I try inflicting it as an illness?
>>
>>43571808
>herc+xena jump
>Becoming a god counts as deciding to stay within this Jump. Saving that ambrosia until after acquiring a Planeswalker's Spark may be worthwhile, though.

What happens if you use the Ambrosia in a later jump, such as one where you explicitly don't get your chain ended for becoming a god? E.g. God Of War, Okami, Smite, Supernatural, etc.
>>
>>43571808
Why are you trying to restrict becoming a god? You know we have tons of jumps where you can be a god, right? There's nothing special about it.
>>
>>43580071
Depends how long you're staying there really.

Being a jumper is sort of like being the Dragonborn in Skyrim. You can sell your soul to every deity like thing you come across for every scrap of power or neat bit of kit and it doesn't really matter. As long as you don't get stuck in their realm you'll just skip off.
>>
Are there any other jumps with missiles things besides Minecraft? I mean the only missile I have so far is the Jericho (MCU) and I wanted to diversify my arsenal.
>>
>>43580401
Thing is, the chaos taint stays with you.
>>
>>43580368
I assume it's the same principle as Percy Jackson-in-universe balancing, not accounting for the chain as a whole

>>43580414
Red Alert, Supreme Commander and Macross should help

>>43580128
But Cosmic Fire is a C'tan power, not a filthy Warp gift
>>
I have a question about the Terminator Jump.

Does anyone know if the Disposal Camp drawbacks 'Finally, you and your companions don't have any of your powers or abilities from outside this jump' line includes warehouse access and/or items or not?

Normally I'd assume yes, but there's a separate drawback that blocks off warehouse and item access, and the notes imply you can make tech you learned how to make in other worlds. Which means that apparently other dimensional technology still works if you can remember how to make it. So I wasn't sure.
>>
>>43580414
Macross
Swat Cats
>>
>>43580457
>not accounting for the chain as a whole
Then he should make the Ambrosia post-jump and not post-chain.
>>
>>43580346
>yoinks Ambrosia in Herc & Xena jump
>a few jumps later is Smite jump
>finds self back in Ancient Greece
>except gods have all got Mad and killing each other
>raining fireballs and lightning and tidal waves
>finds self is still mortal
>"Hey Jump-chan! What gives? How am I supposed to survive battling with gods if I'm still mortal?"
>voice from the heavens
>THINK ABOUT IT, JUMPER
>huh? oh... *glug glug glug*
>Power up!
>>
>>43580514
I didn't know we had a Popeye jump
>>
>>43580482
I certainly can't care less. But I do think the same thing re: Ambrosia and godhood was also set down in Percy Jackson.
>>
>>43580651
Not really man, because an item is a bit different than a method that only works in-jump physics.
>>
>>43580414
Ace Combat.
Various Gundam series.
>>
>>43580731
What about Macross?
>>
>>43580414
Zoids motherfuckin' Legacy

Those Drop-In perks...they will make your enemies see some shit.
>>
>>43580740
Me and some other anon already pointed it out. Actually, Light of Terra has some freaking good missles to engineer-trouble is...40Kverse.

Otherwise, 40K or Commoragh jump provide ample opportunities to look into building those things
>>
>>43580312
Primal of Chuunibyou.
>>
Who can't wait to waifu Android 18 from DBZ jump? Or attempts to get a look-alike or such?
>>
>>43581121
Krillin earned that ass. No way I could take it away from him.

I'm going after Princess Snake.
>>
Bloodborne Universe-
0/1500
Rolled for 29
Rolled for Forsaken Castle Cainhurst
Hunter
Free Rally
Free Blood Bullets
Free Hunter
Free Steel Yourself
Discount Worshop Artisan
Discount Blood Artisan Plus
Good Blood
Hunter's Intuition
Insight
Free Threaded Cane and Hunter's Pistol
Free Bag of Quicksilver Bullets
Free Bag of Bloodvials
Discount Worshop Equipment
Discount Ludwig's Holy Blade
Victorian Doll

Inner Beast+0
The Hunted+200
Watching+300 Hastur has been chasing me for more than a thousand years already, and it's before Lovecroft where I accept her Love. What Could Go Wrong?

>>43581121
18 a cute, but Krillin deserves her after all he's gone through
>>
File: 1391271167522.jpg (380 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
1391271167522.jpg
380 KB, 1060x1500
>>43580346
>>43580457
>>43580482

I wasn't sure how Xena ambrosia would power up a person compared to other mythological-based jumps, but I originally equated it to other perks/items/actions that empowered/connected you to a jump in a way that you became too much a part of it that leaving would be bad for everyone involved.

That, and admittedly because if you knew the series, it could be incredibly easy to acquire, even for a relatively young jumper. It's a massive power boost with a huge range of abilities that I would otherwise have priced at 1000cp or more.
>>
>>43580514
You can already get ambrosia from Percy Jackson anyway. Having the option from Xena and Herc isn't gonna hurt anything.
>>
>>43581230
Fair e-

-my word, the poor girl really does need to be taught to wear proper armour in battle. It's not the fact that she has about the same amount fo skin coverage as certain FF characters, it's that SHE KEEPS CATCHING ARROWS.
>>
>>43581230
Well, most magics and godhoods and such follow you after the jump because Jump-chan fiat, no matter how tied to the world they may be.

It's really not so strong that we should be entirely banned from it even post-jump, and it's not strong enough to warrant being post-chain (when you're a flippin' old walker).
>>
>>43581230
Worlds freeze after you leave. It's fine.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.