[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do your characters treat their servants, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 21
File: thank.jpg (24 KB, 180x373) Image search: [Google]
thank.jpg
24 KB, 180x373
How do your characters treat their servants, /tg/?
>>
>>43548477
Like mlthe marine malevolent treat theirs
>>
File: MoreHotPockets!.jpg (56 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
MoreHotPockets!.jpg
56 KB, 1278x720
>>43548477
"Servant! Servant!"
"Yes master?"
"MORE HEALTH POTIONS!"
"Right away Master."
>>
They are the servants
>>
>>43548477
When he was younger, before the accident that disfigured him, poorly.
After losing his good looks, he learned humility fast.
>>
>>43548477
Inquisitor in Dark Heresy - Respectfully

Dark Paladin in Pathfinder - Success is rewarded well, failure is punished harshly.
>>
my explorator treats them as the expendable resource that they are
>>
My Rogue Trader is part Big Boss and part Harlock. He treats his servants like sons and daughters.
>>
Why would he have a servant? He's a minion.

Specifically, working for a demon.
>>
Based on their performance.
Failure brings punishment.
Excellence brings additional duties.
>>
>>43548477
>My Rogue Trader is part Big Boss and part Harlock.

Bullshit, that degree of awesome isn't permitted by physics.
>>
>>43548477
I play a Cultist in Pathfinder, and he doesn't have traditional servants as much as he just creates Thrulls, and he treats them like complete garbage at risk of having them react poorly and kill him.

Filthy vermin.
>>
>>43548477
one day they'll figure out they can hire people
>>
Most of the party treats them decently well
With the exception of the female barbarian with anything tiny, they have a equal chance of ending up as food or "toys"
>>
File: flesh.jpg (21 KB, 338x171) Image search: [Google]
flesh.jpg
21 KB, 338x171
>>43550227
>they have a equal chance of ending up as food or "toys"
>>
File: tumblr_locesvNIbq1qgjpfvo1_500.jpg (80 KB, 373x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_locesvNIbq1qgjpfvo1_500.jpg
80 KB, 373x709
>>43548477

Better than anyone has ever treated Lydia I'll tell you that much
>>
Don't have any servants but one of my players had one:after reading his mind and promising him loads of gold from a fake religion,he succeed to manipulate him to taunt a giant black dragon...the guy died 3 times,on the first time he was brought back to life by priestress but entropy gave him sausages as arms,on the second time,same thing but this time entropy make his genitals disappear and the last time he was brought back from the dead he gained a tentacle on his back.
After this,my player controlled him mentally to stay with him...so they don't treat their servants very well .
>>
File: kinda hot.png (598 KB, 713x366) Image search: [Google]
kinda hot.png
598 KB, 713x366
>>43550227
>>
>>43550284
>>43554012
RPing a bit of it with her was oddly hot I'll admit
>>
>>43548477
Monks don't have servants
>>
>>43550284
>Juri
Okay with this.jpg
>>
I treat them as well as a super villain can and should, but I'll be frank in saying their lives are mine to determine and whether they live or die is my choice.

Sometimes, a few minions have to die to make an omlette. Just make sure you share the spoils with their loved ones.
>>
>>43553423
She gets a safe and easy but honourable job, what's wrong with that.
>>
>>43548477
My AD&D Paladin of Armok is the only character I have with a follower, and I um.. I'm not sure if their relationship is good or bad.

After a particularly badass encounter, he earned a random retainer as a fan. He uses her undying love for him and her magical talent to grow a fan club, but he's also bought her a school. Granted, it's for the express purpose of growing a magic-fan-girl army, but it's still a nice gesture.. right?
>>
>>43548976
Care to describe more? Sounds vaguely interesting
>>
File: witch hunters.jpg (116 KB, 402x466) Image search: [Google]
witch hunters.jpg
116 KB, 402x466
They shall be grateful for a chance to die in His service
>>
>>43553423
She gets the best arms and armour dripping with enchantments and hand crafted by a living god.

All the health potions she wants.

Gets to tag along and watch and help history being made with Dovahkiin as protection.

And her own very fine house in the trade hub city.
>>
>>43557128
and then she dies when you accidently hit her with your axe/shout/spell/whatever
>>
>>43556889
>Paladin of Armok
Does he get a Conjure Magma spell-like ability?
>>
>>43548477
My Drow capitalistic sorcerer hires the people he saves and treat them well but wouldn't hesitate to fire them.

My human fighter treats his subordinates like shit but it's only to make them tougher.
>>
>>43556954
He comes from fairly humble origins as the son of a lesser noble house, and as such treasures his freedom that he's got now as a Rogue Trader. He understands that even a feudal society, like the Imperium, is only as strong as the smallest cogs in the machine. Without the engines, the ship does not move. Without the feet, the body can not walk. And as the ship's Captain (and now lord of several ships, and a planet) he has the responsibility of leading them, as a father caring for his children. He values freedom above all else - leave the ship when you desire, if you desire, but as long as you're on the ship, you do your part.

He's totally not a pirate. Just almost.
>>
>>43549569
Well, there's more inspirations than just those two. Also included are Tony Stark and Kamina.

I love playing him. >>43557372
>>
>>43549569
In the grim darkess o the 41st millenium, physics bows to the rule of cool

My Acolyte Techpriest from a carmageddon world knows that, just like machines, people operate best when you treat them just right. Enter the right input and you'll get the desired output, praise the omnissiah!
>>
File: boss-vs-leader-800x800.png (814 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
boss-vs-leader-800x800.png
814 KB, 900x900
>>43557372
>>43557383
Lord-Commodore Erasmus Galen is the man who sits in the command jeep at the forefront of his soldiers. He stands with sword drawn shoulder to shoulder with the rank and file, because damnit, if he won't charge those enemies then why should the others?

Lead by example, not through shouting at them from your safe spot on the command throne, miles up high in space.
>>
File: 1445271817714.jpg (86 KB, 442x750) Image search: [Google]
1445271817714.jpg
86 KB, 442x750
Men, get ready to charge the enemy's most fortfied position.
Across a mile of open terrain.
In broad daylight.
Without artillery support.

Meanwhile, I will stay here and plan the next move.
>>
>>43557407
You know, someone has to sit in the rear to look at the whole picture and give orders based on that if you actually want to get much done.
>>
>>43557333
And that's why she now stays back at HQ.

I'm all for equality and shit but that bitch really needs to know her place is tending the home.
>>
>>43557441
There's clearly no planning involved, though.

>>43557442
It's a simple illustration of "leading by example."
>>
>>43557587
>There's clearly no planning involved, though.
To attack the enemy at their strogest point, you first have to find it
>>
>>43548477
Like people
>>
>>43557504
The way Bethesda coded companions (and just NPCs in general) in Skyrim is the the funniest and dumbest thing I've seen in a video game since the hidden sumo minigame in Mister Mosquito. A buddy of mine explained it to me and actually looked surprised that I was laughing so hard. Then I looked it up and everything he said was true, and I just laughed again.
>>
>>43557600
Erotic asphyxiation?
>>
>>43557620
It's ok
>>
>>43557610
What is dumb about it?

And I always end up leaving her at home too, if nothing else someone should be defending the huge pile of magical items.
>>
>>43557357
Nah, Paladins are really just Fighters with fucktons of bonus damage against Undead and Corrupted enemies.

Worshiping Armok has it's downsides, he loses his hallowed any time he looks like a bitch, so he tries over the top ways to impress his bloodthirsty god, like soloing demons that severely out level him in the middle of the only city on the island.
>>
>>43557754
not him, but one of the dumbest things is that your companions stay at the level you found them, so if you enter a bar at level 10 then the mercenary in there will be level 10 forever.

Of course, you could reset them by temporarily transforming them into another being with Wabbajack, but I didn't like doing that, it's weird.
>>
My characters don't have any.
Paranoid gun nerd cannot afford one and couldn't trust one either.
Quarter-dragon disciple is too attached to the hard metal wealth - even sleeps on it. If he had servant, I'd imagine that he'd treat them like he was a red dragon.
And the hivemaster druid doesn't understand currency or servants (he gives all the money he gets to rest of the party). He probably would be incredibly indifferent.
>>
>>43548477
He treats everyone as a servant.
That is, reasonably well, but less than he is due to their lack of royal blood.
He's under the impression that the entire party is just one squire who keeps changing shape and accents. Because he never looks down (the earth is where peasants live), he hasn't been proven wrong.
It was quite a culture shock for him the first time we made camp and the food wasn't ready for him no matter how many times he rang the bell.
He went hungry that first day.
>>
>>43557915
>It was quite a culture shock for him the first time we made camp and the food wasn't ready for him no matter how many times he rang the bell.
What a nightmare. Where did the servants go?
>>
>>43557754
My biggest problem is that when I play an archer class they STEP IN FRONT OF YOU EVERY FUCKING TIME and your perfect head shot ends up insta-killing the fucking goon.

I've taken to just using them as an extremely armoured pack mule. Stand outside the cave and guard the loot.
>>
>>43548477
>>"Servant, take care of my home while I'm gone for like a year or two."
>"Yes master."
Slam
>"Aww yeah, free house."
Pretty well I guess.
>>
>>43557441

>Gallipoli.txt
>>
>>43557333
>not making her essential with console commands or mods.

>>43557128
Also better AI, textures, her own Shouts, and mounts.
>>
File: nope.png (103 KB, 968x310) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
103 KB, 968x310
>>43557620
>>43557623
>>
>>43548477
Rewarding exceptional service beyond the call of duty. Punishing exceptional incompetence. Amicable treatment when they perform as expected, but not above or below average in any excess.

I'm not going to fire them over spilling tea, but if they set my kitchen on fire they'd better hope I'm in a good mood if they want to make it alive long enough to get the pink slip.
>>
>>43556809

>safe and easy but honorable

At best she's just a glorified pack mule

At absolute worst she's there just to be sacrificed to Boethia
>>
File: 1445621266238.jpg (13 KB, 461x458) Image search: [Google]
1445621266238.jpg
13 KB, 461x458
>my vampire saved someone's life by making them a ghoul
>regrets it every day
>doesn't like having someone addicted to his blood
>gets mad every time he treats him like a master
>>
>>43548477
My characters treat them like sex slaves
I'm the DM
>>
>>43548477
His men eat, drink, and rest before he does, and he tries to judge and declare rules for them fairly.
However, he is harsh on war crime as it both violates his common decency and indicates a possible exploitable weakness.
>>
He's got some subordinate shipwrights who are more or less apprentices. He's distant with them, but still proud of their skill and progress.
>>
>>43561363
Being a Housecarl to a great hero is pretty damn honourable.
>>
>>43548477
My players treat servants like trash unless necessary to keep them on their goodside. Like the Duergar Wereboar that they purchased, because if they didn't treat him nice they'd all die in their sleep.
>>
>>43562559

Even if that's the case, following the Dragonborn around is hardly something I'd consider to be safe.
>>
>>43548477
Kinda poorly, honestly.
>>
>>43562700
servants are for using to their fullest extend
any of'm get uppity just rewrite their minds until they stop dreaming of freedom or rebellion

a servant without a concept of spare time is a happy servant
>>
Peasants (And especially peasants under my direct command) are lesser people and are treated as such. It would be a major disservice to treat them as equals, because they'd learn bad habits that could get them in serious trouble (Or even danger) with stern nobles. It is better for everyone that my relationship with the servants is strictly professional and traditional for our castes.
>>
>>43562559
I've played enough Dragon Pass to only have disdain for carls in any form and shape.
>>
Like a pair of tools, which is what they are - given that servants literally don't have human rights. But he's nice about it? It's not like you'd scuff a table with a knife for fun, and so on, so with distant indifference?
>>
NPCs are like bazookas. You drag them around, expend them to solve a problem, then discard them unceremoniously.
>>
>>43548477
The cleric is the game I am running travels with an elderly exorcist. He's pretty much a her assistant since she is higher ranking than him despite their ages.
The cleric treats her assistant as a mentor, and with respect, unlike the rest of the party.
>>
My character pays them well and treats them nicely, and checks their memories in secret to ensure no treasonous thoughts.
>>
>>43563333
What kind of habits?
>>
>>43563712
The kind where they don't show the proper respect (Including being too informal).
>>
File: GoB.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
GoB.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
How do your characters treat their Servants, /tg/?
>>
I've been hoping to convince my DM to let my paladin take on a squire. Problem is, I have no idea what I'd really do with him outside of having him around for roleplaying opportunities.
>>
File: Illya.jpg (77 KB, 704x792) Image search: [Google]
Illya.jpg
77 KB, 704x792
>>43563735
Gently for the most part.
>>
Depends. He treats the new blood coldly but well. Those who've proven their mettle he treats much better. He's a very gregarious guy, but he was rather deeply hurt by the loss of his first torch bearer/caddy, so he tries not to get too attached to any who don't seem likely to survive too many ventures
>>
My character treats his servants with genuine care and kindness, but has a pretty shamelessly patronizing attitude towards them.
>>
My Sorcerer is very stern to his posse of reformed Gnolls. They are the muscle, and he is the brains. But they often get him into trouble and are hard to control, so he has to come up with all kinds of ways to encourage and discourage certain behaviors.

I really want to do this, some time In an ERP/Magical realm friendly game
>>
>>43556031
Actually a hot she, or a GIRL?
>>
>>43550284
S-sauce?
>>
>you will never have a qt huscarl be your faithful and platonic companion

Why live.
>>
>>43557441
I see you also studied Zapp Brannigan's Big Book of War.
>>
File: it's not rape if he comes.jpg (90 KB, 576x530) Image search: [Google]
it's not rape if he comes.jpg
90 KB, 576x530
>>43563735
How do your Servants treat your characters, /tg/?
>>
>>43564560
Is your Sorcerer named Pavlov?
>>
>>43548477
drinking partners and friends I would kill for.

Wouldn't die for them though. Well, maybe my cohort.
>>
>>43548477
>Bloodthirsty Murder-priest of the God of War
Harshly, but fairly, regardless of gender or race.
He was given soldiers. Through brutal training regimens, prolonged exposure to ritual powder, and severe punishment for lax behavior, he has molded the weak pink creatures into killers capable of destroying almost any enemy. They charge alongside him into combat without fear, screaming either his name, his rank(Commander or Prophet, usually), or the name of his bloodthirsty god.
They are the talons of his claw, and he is proud to lead them into vicious, glorious combat wherever and whenever it arises.

He also kinda taught two of the non-military guys how to cook. Pastries, specifically, as the party's child mascot/psychic super-weapon loves sweet stuff.
>>
File: 1433484573683.png (516 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433484573683.png
516 KB, 1000x1000
>>43564560
So basically this?
>>
>>43564565
Actually a she, 7/10 but sometimes a tad bit disturbing given how turned on she gets tormenting imaginary things
>>
>>43564560
If your PC was a sorceress I'd gladly jump in that magical realm
I can still imagine though, tell me is it a mix of male and female gnolls? And does he ever use magic, such as specially made magic items or polymorph as punishments?
>>
File: Gnoll Party 2.jpg (164 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Gnoll Party 2.jpg
164 KB, 1024x732
>>43569206

Yes.

>>43569313

Sorry, I pretty much always play male characters. And I was mostly thinking a group of male gnolls with a male sorcerer as a dom, but some females would be fine. Most of the discipline would come from constant 'chastity' devices and yes, magic punishments are great.
>>
>>43569891
I am so disappointed in you.
>it's
>>
>>43569627
>Sorry, I pretty much always play male characters
Figured as much, I'm pretty sure I remember you
>TFW you'll never be a subby male gnoll, forced to wait on a beautiful female sorceress and her amazonain gnoll enforcers hand and foot while they delight in toying with you, taking a particular delight in teasing you as your cock strains against its cage desperate for release

>>43570013
Fixed just for you
>>
Like junior executives sometimes thrown into the jaws of literal hell with irregular moments of favoritism to keep things funny (to him). Basically he sort of acts like a super villain

But he's a rogue trader, so par for the course
>>43550206
Half the fun is needlessly throwing yourself into life or death situations entirely out of poor judgement
>>
Well.

Otherwise, what's the point?
>>
>>43557333
Dragonborn DLC. One of the books has a passive that negates any damage dealth by you to companions. Get this and not only Lydia, but every companion is safe from your crazed shouting shenanigans, you goddamn beautiful disaster.
>>
I once played a fabulously wealthy neutral evil halfling cavalier of the cockatrice who acted exactly how you'd expect such a character to. "Lady" Georgianna employed an elf manservant (more a slave than a servant, really) to wait on her hand and foot as she delved dungeons. Since she would never dream of burdening her beloved purebreed riding dog, the elf was also tasked with lugging around her extravagant camping supplies and any equipment not currently in use. He was required to wake before dawn to prepare her breakfast, and was up well past nightfall polishing her armor. She delighted in demeaning him at every opportunity, both of them knowing that he would never be able to buy his freedom. He died many times through Georgianna's adventures, drowning in reeking swamp water, succumbing to disease in the wilderness, dashed on the rocks, mutilated by goblins, chewed up by the riding dog, frozen, burned, and brutalized. Each time, she paid to have him revived, since he was the only one who made waffles exactly how she liked.
>>
File: aku grin.gif (835 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aku grin.gif
835 KB, 500x375
>>43571154
>since he was the only one who made waffles exactly how she liked
What a beautiful curse to be saddled with.
>>
>>43565995
Not like that
Unless I'm playing a healslut
>>
Can't fuckin' stand 'em. All they do is get in the way.

I think there was a story on /tg/ a long time ago about how NPCs foisted on you by the GM are like that sweater or extra pair of socks your mom tells you to bring if you're going away on a trip.
>>
>>43565995
With thinly veiled disdain.
>>
>Cult leader Mesmerist
>lawful evil

You don't really have to act like a dick when you're lawful evil, just be selfish and step on people. Which is why I'm chanting and lifting the spirits of my brothers and sisters in faith with a smile while they blissfully die for me.
>>
>>43573542
>LE Fighter Empress
My citizens are mine. I keep them happy enough that they don't cause problems while I attempt to take over the world.
>>
>>43565995
Sauce?
>>
>>43548477
He's a navigator.

At this point he is mutated quite thoroughly and relies on them for survival.
It makes him really ambivalent, on one hand he is grateful and has grown attached to them, on the other hand he can get quite nasty and abusive since at the end of the day, both are still healthy, able to walk, be amongst people without generating disgust and he envies them massively. When he acts out, he tends to feel guilty in the end and tries to make it up, having a weird push-pull dynamic.

Helps that I worked with old people who are basically like that a lot of the time.
>>
>>43573726
>Helps that I worked with old people who are basically like that a lot of the time.

What, are they also thoroughly mutated navigators? Anon, what have I told you about playing games in Chernobyl?
>>
>>43548477
If they manage to survive my pc hijinks or prove they're competent they gain right to do whatever they see fit to shut up another party members when they go full retard.
>>
>>43557812
Yeah, every NPC was like that unless you modded your game. I wish they'd leveled up with you.

I found most companions a drag anyway. Summoned things were enough for me
>>
>>43548477
>implying my characters have servants
>>
>>43574023
>I wish they'd leveled up with you.
People bitched about that in Oblivion.
>>
>>43574023
I think Patch 1.9 changed it so quest companions and Housecarls level up with you to max, but others only go up to level 30.
>>
>>43548477
Quite well. Pay is decent, conditions are good or shared with him. Won't put them into any danger that he himself wouldn't or will share the danger with them. Only problem is that he tries to essentially be a bit more friendly than is normal in the society they live in and that makes the servants a little uncomfortable.
>>
Like uncles and aunts, since she's 14 and they work for her father.
>>
>>43573937
Let's see.
Old people:
-can't survive without servants
-need augmentics (canes, fake teeth, new hips)
-need a surgeon every so often
-are not very presentable in society
-stay holed up in their family homes
-until they go insane and then get stowed away to the old folks home where they wait to die

Holy shit.
>>
>>43548477

The only one to really have servants and deal with them was a Chaos Sorcerer. The two cultists that served him were based on Beavis and Butthead so he mostly yelled at them and sent them off to perform tasks he needed them to fail at. They made for very reliable failures.
>>
File: 1564849845.jpg (123 KB, 331x329) Image search: [Google]
1564849845.jpg
123 KB, 331x329
>>43548477
He takes good care of them.
>>
>>43572697
>aggressive, proactive healsluts
what a twist
>>
File: 15632985.jpg (403 KB, 1200x824) Image search: [Google]
15632985.jpg
403 KB, 1200x824
>>43548879
How are they treated?

If they are as cute as that boy, I'd assume they are kept well-groomed.
>>
>>43576374
No, I'm the master that gets bullied by his servant
>>
>>43548477
I keep them well fed and protect them with my life.
>>
>>43548477
Closest thing I've had I a servant was an animal companion my character had for ages, who he treated like family both before and after Awakening
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.