[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales of Victory Edition! Links: >Rules databases https
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Tales of Victory Edition!
Links:

>Rules databases

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

https://kickass.to/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Novels Archive

https://mega.co.nz/#F!vAQkADhB!1RaGDBHigHrd67SvpGHlEw

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V5.pdf

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

FAQ’s
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: feels_orky.png (25 KB, 552x585) Image search: [Google]
feels_orky.png
25 KB, 552x585
>Playing 2k point game with roommate
>My Orks vs his Wolfy Wolfs
>"Bring your Stompa, anon. It's a cool model"
>Make 2k point stompa list
>Roommate takes 6 heavy support slots
>3 of which are longfangs with razorback dedicated transports with Las or assault cannons
>"Yeah I can take 6 HS it's in my book's CAD"
>Nope
>"Lol I'm unbound I guess"
>Roommate sets up narrow kitchen table as game table
>Shoves a bunch of terrain in the middle to make a bottleneck
>ThisiswhyIplayattheLGS.jpeg
>Roll The Relic on eternal war.
>proceed to fucking wreck his shit, grab the relic on turn 1 and keep it the entire game.
>Stompa explodes on turn 5
>Fuck
>roll to continue
>1
MFW
>>
File: Tau column.jpg (172 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
Tau column.jpg
172 KB, 800x566
>>43542960
For a bunch of mooks who bitch about boring Tau players you don't have a lot to say.
>>
Has anyone attempted to give the Kataphron Battle Servitors legs?

the top half looks pretty cool, but the tank tracks look so stupid to me.

Does anyone have pictures of conversions of them with legs for inspiration?
>>
>>43546137
Your roommate is an asshole.
>>
>>43546178
You want fun? Okay. Deepstrike everything that can deepstrike, deep. Run a Tau tank column with a couple Devilfish and the Hammerhead. Run a max drone list, having them take the gunline role FWs normally do, and have your Pathfinders cap points while your FWs defend them. Run tektikcool FWs, in minimal squads with attached Fireblades and max special weapons.

There are options. Get imagining, anon.
>>
File: 1332092111479.jpg (50 KB, 404x443) Image search: [Google]
1332092111479.jpg
50 KB, 404x443
>>43546102

Sixth for Farsight will squash all those assassins sent after him
>>
File: fearandloathing.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
fearandloathing.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>43546197
Which just makes my victory even sweeter. As a narrative fag I love that my Deathskulls looted his fancy wolf axe. We're going to run a smaller point game for him to try and get revenge. Like 750.
>>
as an IG player, what's a good basis for a 'takes all comers' list if i'm going against specifically tyranids?

I am not sure the best way to kit out russes. Punishers just really didnt do anything, but I used them almost exclusively against his MC's.
>>
File: Wolfie.png (146 KB, 265x311) Image search: [Google]
Wolfie.png
146 KB, 265x311
>>43546137

He's tsun for you and your orks
>>
>>43546188
Aww, but I like the tank tracks. The conversions I've seen got rid of the bodies, and used Infiltrator heads to give them a Fallout-esque robobrain old-sci-fi feel, which was very cool.

Perhaps crisis suit legs could work, if GS'd properly.

>>43546302
>Pask
>Executioner
>Double Plasma Sponsons

Do this. Maybe take Eradicators and Exterminators for stubborn units.
>>
does a militarum tempestus platoon coming from reserves do a single reserve roll for the platoon, or is it per-squad?
>>
>>43546294
>looted wolf axe
Please tell me your warboss calls it his "Wulfy Wulfin' Aks".

I'll look forward to your next storytime, anon.
>>
As a person that trying to get into Necrons, what's a good counter to all the grav firepower some lists have?
>TFW I'm not so miffed now Necrons have barely any 2+ armor saves
So from any Necron players how does your army do against it. Does it wreck them as much as I fear or not?
>>
>>43546302
Punishers against hordes executions for MC
>>
File: 2yi00MC.jpg (438 KB, 1655x1016) Image search: [Google]
2yi00MC.jpg
438 KB, 1655x1016
>>43546368

For the entire platoon
>>
>>43546397
To be honest, not really. Wounding on 3+ is common enough anyway, so you're not in huge danger, and you have access to AP3, aka the thing that fucks the dudes packing the grav-guns.

Just run a fun-sounding list. Your Warriors and Flayed Ones will barely notice.
>>
>>43546302
>as an IG player, what's a good basis for a 'takes all comers' list if i'm going against specifically tyranids?
Large Blasts, preferably S8 to instant kill heavy infantry and it wounds everything on 2+
>>
>>43546419
sorry to nitpick, in the rulebook it says 'roll for each unit coming from reserves.' the IG codex doesnt specifically say anything about platoons and reserves, so wouldnt it be per squad?
>>
>>43546618
A platoon is a unit.
>>
>>43546637
sorry again, i see a platoon counts as a 'troops choice' but it isnt synonymous with a 'unit'. I see it as a platoon is a troops choice made up of multiple units. the guy I play with is a rules lawyer so i need to have something to actually cite.
>>
>>43546809
If the codex entry is a platoon, then a platoon is a unit, surely?
>>
>>43546883
a platoon is multiple units
>>
>>43546883
No. A platoon occupies a single troops slot, but is composed of multiple independent units, the squads. So to answer the original question, there's no specific words to say whether you roll for the platoon or for each squad, but it's the latter, because they're not a single unit.
>>
>>43546357
>crisis suit legs
Interdasting prospect.

Would also be quite cheap as I could just nab some off a Bitz website.
>>
Can I play Stormtroopers as their own army and not suck massively?

Obviously would have to ally guard for tank support.
>>
>>43546809
>>43546618
>>43546368
The confusion may be because there's formations in the militarum tempestus codex that involve them all coming in from reserves on a single roll. I think if taken in a CAD, or a platoon as an elites choice in the astra militarum book, they come in separately (aside from squads coming in with any transports they're embarked in, of course).

You could also cite the thing about a squad and its dedicated transport being separate units, and thus being able to both get objective secured (if the squad was troops) and capture different objectives, even though both came from the same "troops choice" during list building.
>>
>>43547140
they're great allies for a knight list
>>
>>43547045
Rule always used to be the exact opposite of that, a platoon is treated as one unit for force org and reserves. When did they change that?
>>
>>43547188
Wait, are we talking about the Guad dex or the MT dex?
>>
>>43547307
Aren't the platoon rules exactly the same in both of them?
>>
>>43547321
MT codex doesn't have platoon rules, does it? It'd be pretty redundant anyway.
>>
>>43547140
if you use the MT codex you kind of can

you need to be very careful how you use your fast attack choices

orders will make or break your game
>>
>>43547321
Not sure. Guard's what I was looking at, and there's no mention of reserves being different than for any other unit that I can see. Something that does allow mass arrivals sounds like it would be in the spirit of the MT dex, so it might be different.
>>
>>43547140
>MT
>Allying Guard for armour

Just play Marines, you clearly want to anyway.
>>
Would Volkite weaponry be balanced if it was just plopped into 40k?
>>
>>43547452

what the hell do they do
>>
>>43547452
>Volkite Blaster
>24" S6 AP5 Heavy 3 Deflagrate

Why I think it would be just fine.
>>
>>43547452
They already exist in a very small quantity, namely on the Techprieast Dominus, and i think some baneblade or macharius variant.
>>
>>43547452
Even if they were imbalanced it would be a drop in the water compared to what else is in the game.
>>
So i plan to make a space marine force, with a heavy Byzantine/Ottoman theme going on.
I plan to convert some devastators to hold massive arquebuses or handcannons.

My quandery is wether i should use them as holding lascannons or plasma cannons ?
>>
>>43547452
My uncle James Workshop tells me that CSM will get it in their next codex.
>>
I am totally new to this so forgive me. Okay so I want to have these units so far in my planned Chaos Tzeetnch army (1350/2000 points). Where should I go from here? Should I remove the Heralds cuz I have no intention of building the Cheese builds and apparently they are there to mass summon Screamers and Horrors only? How many Rubrics should I put in? Are Obliterators preferred to Termis? Is it even worth putting in CSM members cuz I want a Thousand Sons army basically, or is that completely outside the scope of a winnable army?

Kairos Fateweaver (300 points)
(Staff of Tomorrow)

Herald of Tzeentch x2 (125 points each)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
(Exalted Reward)
(Level 3 Master)

Herald of Tzeentch x2 (95 points each)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
(Level 3 Master)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch (265 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Greater Rewards)
(Level 3 Master)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Level 3 Master)
>>
>>43547653
Hmm. Lascannons are too long-range, Plasma is too ordnance-ey.

I would say lascannons, just because an arquebus-type weapon does not say "3" blast" to me.
>>
Phil Kelly wrote about Farsight and Shadowsun having sexual relations as students.
>>
>>43547660
That would be so funny if CSM got martian rayguns when mechanicus don't

>>43547536
They are generally High S low AP weapons that cause an extra hit for each unsaved wound they cause.

They are pretty much the bane of anything without armour and are pretty cheap special weapons.
>>
>>43547761
Well, they're Tau, so it's not as if they enjoyed it.
>>
>>43547722
You are probably right.
I'll probably keep the ordnance-ey stuff to the thunderfire cannons.

Second question.
I know power lances are considered pretty crap, but are they atleast okay-tier on bikes ?
>>
>>43547776
>martian rayguns
Well, you have to remember that the warp is a funny place and these weapons could be the very same ones from the HH time period. While ones from that time in the IoM could have fallen to dusk long ago.
>>
>>43547943
Bikes with H&R and death company are the only places where power lances find their use.
>>
>>43547943
They're actually really-not-that-bad tier, but swords are good for marines, axes are good for Termies and MCs, and the much-overlooked mauls smash GEQ and stun TEQ.

They're not substantially worse than a sword unless you're trying to defend, in which case they pretty much suck (irony!). High-risk, high-reward, but pretty damn usable.

>>43547953
>these weapons could be the very same ones from the HH time period.
They are. Where do you think the Traitor Legions got their power armour and bolters?
>>
>>43547985
Aw bummer since i was planning to use iron hands.

>>43548013
Would adding the +1A banner help making the lances shine alittle more on the charge ?
>>
>>43548076
Yes, but not by addressing the root problem, if you want to call it that.

They _are_ strictly better than swords on the charge, it's just that they're strictly worse when receiving a charge.
>>
>>43548096
So i'll have to bet alot on getting the charge.

Should add alot of excitement to my games then.
>>
File: imperialguard.jpg (32 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard.jpg
32 KB, 400x500
What do you guys think of my color scheme? I'm planning on painting the weapons and accessories (canteens, knives, etc) black to give some contrast.
>>
>>43546137

Is he too good to take an extra detachment or something?
>>
>>43548278
At least bikes make charging more reliable, and you get that TL bolter spray down beforehand.
>>
>>43548278
It definitely does. I really do enjoy bringing them on my Marines because of it. I had this Vanguard squad that had no defense of any sort, just jumped out of a Stormraven and charged at the enemy, and it was a lot of fun because it was a radical departure from the usual Marine strategy of being as tough and tanky as possible. It made melee actually fun and not a lot of complicated, risky rolling.

With that said, I still like mauls the best, but it can't be denied that the aesthetic of a spear is quite excellent.

>>43548297
McDonalds Guardsmen. Tone down the yellow a little.
>>
>>43548327
True that.

Looks like my dream of Byzantine heavy cavalry in space isnt that bad after all.
So excited. Time to get some of the fluff for my chapter written down.

Anyway, thanks anon
>>
>>43547438
>Just play Marines, you clearly want to anyway.
I've tried to like marines, but how I want to play them doesn't work.

Their fluff depicts them as being the toughest shit in the universe but on tabletop they are too fragile and expensive and every marine needs special little metal box else they just get smushed to putty.

I might be cool with this if 10 tac marines in a rhino was actually worth anything.

In my opinion they should be more expensive but actually do more. This will never happen though because GW wants to sell models so rules that might mean you don't have to buy as many models are out of the question.

>>43547415
Had my eyes on the Valkyrie formation.

Have you got any experience using it?

And yeah some of the Orders seem pretty good but I don't get how you actually use a lot of them.

Can't each command squad only issue orders to one other squad?
>>
>>43547709
Okay so with this I have planned

Five Rubric Marines + Aspiring Sorc x2 (203 points each)
(Icon of Flame)
(Gift Of Mutation)
(Melta Bomb)

Obliterators x3 (243 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Veterans Of The Long War)

It all totals up to 1999 points. Is this overall a viable build? Yes I know Rubric Marines aren't competitive but fuck that they are cool as shit.
>>
Wtf is Warhammer 40k Conquest and why is the facebook group for my city huge yet I can not find one for 40k tabletop...

What do I have to do to find a playgroup?
>>
>>43548416
>>43547709
Oh and for the sake of being Tzeentch as fuck am I allowed to skip the Obliterators for Ahriman or is that too many HQs? (DPs are Heavy support and Heralds only count for 1/4 an HQ)
>>
>>43548404
>but on tabletop they are too fragile and expensive
Nigga, I play Skitarii. Don't tell me about "fragile and expensive".

Seriously, though, I can understand that. Scions are actually decent, but they only really shine as an allied force. To answer your points to the other anon:

>Have you got any experience using it?
A little, though it was with allied Inquisition so take it with a grain. It's good. It's way better than Taurox Primes. You can get on the edge of them being reasonably playable with Valkyries, but I just wasn't good enough and got my ass kicked.

>Can't each command squad only issue orders to one other squad?
Yep. You have to take multiple command squads to be effective. That's the tricky thing about Scions, because no other army MUST take multiple HQ units to be usable.

Consider two Command Squads for every three normal ones. You'd need to double up on the Valkyrie formation to do that, but once again, it's pretty good, and with practice you can use them effectively.
>>
>>43547452

I'm not seeing any problem with it so.

No different than any other weapon as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>43548416
No icon of flame
You don't need melta bombs on the sorcerer

Run your army as a dual CAD
Take sorcerer on a disc, add rubric marines
Add obliterators
Add unit of warp talons with MOT to protect sorcerer, unit of 10 please
Then add daemon CAD
Fateweaver
2x 10 pink horrors
unit of screamers
two units of flamers (since you lack anti infantry)
From there add heralds and other stuff.

Please note your sorcerer cannot join you daemon units, and your daemon units can't join your CSM stuff.

For hilarity's sake, take a herald with the book of true names and use on the warp talons for a cool 2++. Also make your Daemons your primary detachment to get the warp storm every round.

Would be fun to play and play against.
>>
>>43548404
not personally but I've read and watched a lot of battlereports

command squads can be given a lot of special weapons.

you vehicles also have some firepower. They are not just transports. You will need them to do work after dropping off your guys,
>>
Which primarch has the most fangirls?
>>
>>43548564
>you vehicles also have some firepower.
Yeah, forgot to mention this. This is what Tauroxes have over Valkyries: you can put big nasty guns on them. Unfortunately, they're made of glass and those emergency windshield-shattering hammers are strapped to the outside, so do NOT let anything get close if you take them.

Likewise, kit out your Valkyries. Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, wing weapons. The works.

I'm not saying put the lascannon with heavy bolters mind you, just kit them out heavily and appropriately.
>>
>>43548606
Probably Vulkan and Sanguinius.
>>
>>43548510
IIRC Skitarii are 9-10 points each, that's not bad for T3 4+ with 6+ FNP.
>>
>>43548606
I only know two fangirls and they are divided between Angron and Curze
>>
>>43548325
I was like "We're doing a 2k point game you can just take two more troop choices and run two CADs."
"Nah I'll just go unbound."

Lot of good it did him. The dice gods got pissed at his bullshit. Plus I had some bloodbowl level football passing going on with that relic. And to carry on with the metaphor the Stompa is one hell of a defensive lineman
>>
>>43548510
>Nigga, I play Skitarii. Don't tell me about "fragile and expensive".
Skitarii's fluff doesn't depict them as the toughest fucker in the universe though.

Their crunch is actually some of the best in all of 40k as they are fragile but have some of the best weapons around so make up for it.

>Yep. You have to take multiple command squads to be effective. That's the tricky thing about Scions, because no other army MUST take multiple HQ units to be usable.

This does kind of put me off them. Especially as there's no way to bulk up the command squad to make them more durable. I'm basically looking for a way to play Solar Auxilia in 40k whilst I slowly build up my force and figured MT would probably the most simillar force, but they don't seem strong enough.
>>
>>43548747

That's probably about the only thing the regular Stompa is good for.
>>
>>43548473
ahriman is too expensive, go with a generic sorcerer. oblits are alright if expensive and limited

>>43548438
it's a card game. they're easier to get into since you don't need to paint, assemble, or get something fancy to carry them in
>>
>>43548774
Doing its job? Sweet.
>>
>>43548709
>Angron fangirl
You know Alise's creator, don't you?
>>
>>43548823
Hahahaha lol that's what I was thinking.
>>
>>43548874
I probably should have said "I know of two" since I don't know them personally. And no I don't know who you're talking about
>>
>>43548823

I haven't figured out yet what it's supposed to be doing.
>>
New Tau player here. What are some good load outs for my crisis? I wanted to have at least 6 of them but the way my list is turning out, I may end up just using 3. What's the most bang for my buck?
>>
New guy here. Almost done painting my IG and have a question. Can I attach a Commisar to a platoon, or does he have to be attached to a single squad in the platoon?
>>
>>43549020
Friend of mine is a massive Angron fangirl, created a blatant self insert.
>>
>Please note your sorcerer cannot join you daemon units, and your daemon units can't join your CSM stuff.

Arent CSM and Daemons battle brothers?
>>
>>43549293
Depending on marks you cant even have your own dudes join your own units.

Its to balance things how op itd be otherwise
>>
>>43548754
Yeah, that's why I play them, too. I really like the aspect of the underdog getting himself a big fucking gun to solve his problems.

>>43549209
If you wind up with just three, pack fusion. You'll stand a decent chance of popping most vehicles. Otherwise, plasma is painful for most things, but has to be taken in big numbers to really be effective.

>>43549226
He has to be attached to a single squad, but his effects carry over through the whole platoon IIRC. It's been a while since I went against Guard, though.

>>43549293
Infantry can't join MCs, and vice versa.
>>
File: 1301301846482.jpg (57 KB, 475x485) Image search: [Google]
1301301846482.jpg
57 KB, 475x485
>>43549209

palsma rifle and missile pods

dual fusion blasters
>>
About 6 months out of the hell that is 40k

I thought I was over it.

Now this happens.

What the fuck do I do? I want them so bad.

FUCK
>>
>>43549384
Will you play them? Will you exhibit them? Would you do anything with them?

If you don't use something, you don't need it that badly.

But yes, they look cool as fuck
>>
>>43549293
marines lack daemonic instability, daemonkind don't have this so you can join sorcerers to flesh hounds and heralds

>>43549384
save up and buy it then
>>
>>43548556
Okay, thanks for your suggestions! I got this then:

1997 points total

Chaos Sorcerer (155 points)
(Frag Gren)
(Krak Gren)
(Power Armor)
(Force Weapon)
(Bolt Pistol)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
(Additional Psyker Mastery Level +2)

Rubric Marines x4 with Aspiring Sorcerer (150 points)
(Bolter)
(Inferno Bolts)
(Aura of Dark Glory)
(ForceWeapon)
(Bolt Pistol)
(Inferno Bolts)
(Aura of Dark Glory)

Obliterators x3 (234 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)

Warp Talons x9 with Warp Talon Champion (370 points)
(Power Armor)
(Jump Pack)
(Lightning Claws)
(Mark of Tzeentch)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch (245 points)
(Daemon of Tzeentch)
(Psyker Mastery Level 3)

Ten Pink Horrors x2 (90 points each group of ten)

Screamers of Tzeentch x6 (150 points)

Three flamers of Tzeentch x2 (69 points each)

Herald of Tzeentch (75 points)
(Exalted Reward: Grimoire of True Names)
(Psyker Mastery Level 1)
>>
File: Ahriman.jpg (346 KB, 1058x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman.jpg
346 KB, 1058x1000
I was wanting to start a new army of Thousand Sons CSMs/Tzneetch Daemons but I'm aware of the fact that the codexes themselves aren't exactly A-list. What are some units I should look into more, and what are the ones I should probably avoid?
>>
>>43549384
You play HH and enjoy a better game, that attracts better people. Just beware of Mechanicum players. There is one at our flgs who is a 40k tard to the fullest. All hes been talking about is how he cant wait to get his big Ordinatus gun from china. Whats great is no one cares for him, no one plays him now, and when he brings his giant apoc unit into our 2500 point infantry heavy HH meta - he will be laughed at in addition to left out of games.
>>
>>43549429
Just a hint for formatting,
Don't include things that are compulsory equipment. Only include your chosen options. It's much easier for people to read.
E.g. Chaos Sorcerer (155 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
>>
>>43546102
Hey, what is that Ork gun that fires orkoids really fucking fast?
>>
>>43549455
Well idk if it's actually effective on table top cuz I am new to the wargaming aspect of Warhammer, but so far I have got >>43549429
idk if it's what you're looking for.

Though if you're looking to be competitive I would imagine doing

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Chaos_Daemons_Cheese_List

with a sorcerer or squad of Rubric Marines.

>>43549562
Thanks. My bad on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x620
>>43546102
Hey guys there doesn't seem to be a 30k thread and with all of the heresy stuff lately I figured it would be OK to ask here.

I am looking to get into 30k. I was going to go Blood Angels or something until I realised that good marine melee still isn't that good. So I noticed Word Bearers (who I read into and ended up ADORING) have battle brother status with daemons. They also seem to have monstrous melee in places.

My question is this: do Word Bearers get to use many daemons? Is there a limited list of daemons that they can use? Since this is 30k, are there any psykers? Could I use a Bloodthirster if I wanted to?

Thanks guys. It would be swell if I could use my daemons in 30k as I love them to bits.
>>
>>43549455
There's no units you should really avoid as such, all tzeentch daemon units are worth bringing. The marine side isn't too great though, but that's mostly due to cost rather than effectiveness. Thousand sons are great but very expensive so only bring as many as you feel you need.
>>
>>43549538

At least you get to ignore yours. Our local shop is the only shop for a few hundred miles or so, and our Mechanicum guy is friends with the owner - we don't play him, he complains and the shop owner says we have to play him or he'll ask us to leave for "not patronising his business." He doesn't care if we buy stuff or not (he supports himself through MTG) but his friendship with That Guy is grating on my ability to enjoy 30k.
>>
>>43549603
1d4chan is pretty outdated when it comes to tactics. Daemon Fountain was pretty bad when it first came out, but it's been eclipsed.

>>43549642
Now that's shitty.

Why do Mechanicum (that is, 30K) players have to be such cunts all the time?
>>
>>43549209
You need to kill tanks? 2 fusion blasters and a flamer for overwatch and little stuff. Fusion also works on elite dudes and monsters
You need to kill elite dudes? 2 plasma guns and a flamer for overwatch and little stuff
You need to kill light tanks? 2 missile pods
You running a battlesuit only army? Add in a few with dual burst cannon, maybe flamer.

That's pretty much the setup, I prefer dual fusion and flamer on them since I have my TEQ killing and GEQ killing power already.

>>43549226
Yes you can attach commisar to platoon, says so in codex

>>43549293
It's because of the demonic instability rule, those without it can't join those with, same is true in reverse.

>>43549384
You're here forever, just accept it.
At least you didn't start warmachine out of spite, right?

>>43549429
Give sorcerer a sigil of corruption, so he has a cool 3++ invul
Make sure your obliterators have the vet upgrade, the leadership boost is key
Take out the daemon prince, just use fatewaver, the re-roll is damn good
Make sure the herald has a disk as well, he can hang with the screamers for protection
You need another unit of troops in your CSM CAD.

You list should look something like this:

CSM:
Sorcerer
2x 4 rubric marines + aspiring sorc
3 obliterators
9 warp talons plus champ

Daemons:
Fateweaver
herald with grimoire
2x 10 pink horrors
6 screamers
2x 3 flamers

fool with your points and upgrades, you should be able to get close. Also I recommend splitting the obliterators into 3 units of single models rather than one big squad.
>>
Bringing this list to a friendly game night.

Astra Militarum - 1000 points

Tank Command Squadron (465 points)
Leman Russ Punisher
- Pask
- Lascannon
- Multi-Meltas
- Dozer blade
- Camo netting
Leman Russ Executioner
- Plasma cannons
- Dozer blade
- Camo netting

Company Command squad (88 points)
- Regimental standard
- Carapace armour

Veterans (76 points)
- Carapace armour
- Sergeant has Bolter

Veterans (76 points)
- Carapace armour
- Sergeant has Bolter

Deathstrike (160 points)

Leman Russ Eradicator (135 points)
- Camo netting
>>
>>43549538

I just want the box for the miniatures, I'm not into the autist spectrum, I never go out to a shop to play.

It seems like a good army builder, although maybe I should wait for people selling the minis separately, I dont know.
>>
>>43549590
i second this
wut is it?
>>
>>43549725
>I'm not into the autist spectrum, I never go out to a shop to play.
Them's fightin words.
>>
>>43549760
Shokk attack gun. Hadn't seen your question sorry.

It fires snotlings in specific.
>>
>>43549725
>not into the autist spectrum
Hiding plastic men in a closet isn't autistic?
>>
>>43549725
>not into the autist spectrum
>plays 40k
LaughingEldarWhores.jpg
>>
File: 13259269642791.jpg (222 KB, 689x602) Image search: [Google]
13259269642791.jpg
222 KB, 689x602
>tfw a new guy jumping on the tau train assault moves his crisis suits CLOSER to your MANz missle
>>
>>43549721
why take the CCS, and no special weapons on the vets
the vets wont benefit from the orders at all except for FRFSRF
>>
A revised Eldar list, after advice last night.

+++ TOTAL (1846pts) +++

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Combined Arms Detachment (1330pts) ++

+ HQ (120pts) +

Farseer (120pts) [Skyrunner, Singing Spear]

+ Elites (340pts) +

Wraithguard (340pts)
····Wave Serpent (130pts) [Holo-fields, Twin-linked brightlances]
····5x Wraithguard (210pts) [5x D-scythe]

+ Troops (324pts) +

5x Rangers (60pts)

3x Windriders (81pts) [Scatter Lasers]

3x Windriders (51pts)

3x Windriders (51pts)

+ Fast Attack (236pts) +

Swooping Hawks (106pts) [5x Swooping Hawk]
····Swooping Hawk Exarch

Wave Serpent (130pts) [Holo-fields, Twin-linked brightlances]

+ Lord of War (310pts) +

Wraithknight (310pts) [Ghostglaive and Scattershield, 1x Scatter laser]

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (516pts) ++

+ Formation (516pts) +

Aspect Host (516pts) [+1 Ballistic Skill]
····Dark Reapers (192pts)
········4x Dark Reaper [4x Starshot missiles]
········Dark Reaper Exarch [Eldar missile launcher]
····Warp Spiders (162pts) [7x Warp Spider]
········Warp Spider Exarch
····Warp Spiders (162pts) [7x Warp Spider]
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (95 KB, 810x1039) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
95 KB, 810x1039
How good is the tiny rulebook with a DA on the front, for a new player?
I heard you can't just buy that version straight up, but it looks fine.
wanting to get into the nearest game store checked out a couple games and saw someone using pic related instead of the huge ass hardcover.
basically just wondering if I'm really missing out on anything important if I buy this version used off of ebay or some shit.
>>
File: 1420789543136.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1420789543136.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
>>43549831
did he explain what he was thinking at all?
I barely know orc units and that still strikes me as a retarded idea of the highest caliber.
>>
>>43549725
Idk if going to an flgs to play is autistic..

But yes the box is a great foundation for a HH army.
>>
>>43549862
I have the hardcover, it sits on a shelf and collects dust. This little one is all you need.
>>
>>43549677
Awesome. Now I don't feel as bad for running Tzeentch daemons.

>>43549683
Thanks for the suggestion! Okay this looks like this:

1986 points

Chaos Sorceror (180 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
(Sigil of Corruption)

2x 4 Rubric Marines + Aspiring Sorc (150 points each)

3x 1 Obliterator (81 points each)
(Mark of Tzeentch)
(Veterans)

9 Warp Talons + Champ (370 points)
(Mark of Tzeentch)

Kairos Fateweaver (300 points)

Herald of Tzeentch (125 points)
(Exalted Reward: Grimoire of True Names)
(Disc of Tzeentch)
(Psyker Mastery Level 2)

2x 10 Pink Horrors (90 points each)

2x 3 Flamers of Tzeentch (69 points each)

Since this leaves me with 14 points, what should I do with those? Is the Pyrocaster upgrade for Flamers any good (10 points total)? Or should I pick up a Gift of Mutation on one of my Sorcerers (also 10 points)?
>>
>>43549921
no idea, I even told him they were my hardest hitting unit... it went exactly as expected
>>
And for fun, a kooky melee space elf list:

+++ TOTAL (1850pts) +++

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Combined Arms Detachment (809pts) ++

+ HQ (120pts) +

Farseer (120pts) [Skyrunner, Singing Spear]

+ Troops (273pts) +

5x Rangers (60pts)

3x Windriders (51pts)

+ Fast Attack (106pts) +

Swooping Hawks (106pts) [5x Swooping Hawk]
····Swooping Hawk Exarch

+ Lord of War (310pts) +

Wraithknight (310pts) [1x Scatter Laser, 2x Heavy Wraithcannons]

+ Eldar Craftworlds Formation (519pts) +

Aspect Host (519pts) [+1 Weapon Skill]
····Shining Spears (145pts) [4x Shining Spear]
········Shining Spear Exarch [Star Lance]
····Striking Scorpions (193pts) [8x Striking Scorpion]
········Striking Scorpion Exarch [Scorpion's Claw and Chainsword]
····Warp Spiders (181pts) [8x Warp Spider]

+ Fortification (105pts) +

Imperial Bunker (105pts) [Escape Hatch, Void Shield]

+ Harlequins Formation (417pts) +

Cast of Players (417pts) [Death Jester]
····Shadowseer (100pts) [Mastery Level 2, The Mask of Secrets]
····Troupe (257pts)
········8x Player [Harlequin's Caress]
········2x Player
········Troupe Master [Harlequin's Caress]
>>
>>43549862

Dark Vengeance was originally released with 6e rulebooks but then was later released with a 7e one. As long as your mini book is 7e you are fine.
>>
>>43549858
Eldar player here.

Urgh. Disgusting.
>>
>>43549362
Hmmm I was thinking, make 'em bodyguards. Give em' twin linked plasma rifles and a flamer/or missile pods. But my buffmander will fire his marker light drones and give them a better BS. Good idea?
>>43549372
I suppose I could do the same thing to the aforementioned. But I could give sig systems to my bodyguards... but it'll cost more....
>>43549683
Wouldn't it be better to just use twin linked fusion blasters with Missile pods to cover the whole nine yards? Missile pods get more shots and more range. What's the benefit of flamers? The template?
>>
File: slut.gif (1 MB, 419x576) Image search: [Google]
slut.gif
1 MB, 419x576
>>43549818
>>
>>43549998

Yes.
>>
>>43550036
oh I forgot something... what about cyclic Ion blasters?
>>
>>43549858
Kill yourself.
>>
>>43550036
>Wouldn't it be better to just use twin linked fusion blasters with Missile pods to cover the whole nine yards?
Since 6th you've got no reason to mix roles, your suits are expensive if overgeared and aren't any more durable for it

>What's the benefit of flamers? The template?
Ignore cover built in
Wall of Death
Yes, the template, it fucks hordes nicely
>>
File: keep-calm-and-stop-being-salty.png (43 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-stop-being-salty.png
43 KB, 600x700
>>43550129

So you say.
>>
>>43549960
I would suggest taking out an obliterator and adding in as many screamers as you could. That should do nicely.

>>43550036
Twin linked is not better than more shots. Considering you can achieve BS 5 on your models when you need it, more shots is far better than twin linked.
Flamers are great for tau for 2 reasons, they kill the little stuff you big guns can't kill fast enough and they really shine during overwatch.

>>43550117
They are ok. Basically half the range for an extra shot. Fine as a unit that runs around shooting light tanks, monsters and infantry.
>>
>>43550167
Hmmm...what is better?

8 Screamers; Herald that's Level 3 Psyker

9 Screamers; Herald that's Level 2 Psyker
>>
Buying the Betrayal at Calth box next Saturday. What's the best way to outfit and play an infantry heavy Red Scorpions army?
>>
>>43550318
Gladius Strike force. Lots of tacticals there with great bonuses. Your fnp will go far.
>>
>>43550316
Nvm found a way to make 9 Screams Lvl 3 Psyker work.
>>
As a general question, what is it that seems to attract so many Red Scorpions fans? They seem like some of the biggest retards among Space Marines.
>>
>>43550397
>forgeworld
>plenty of fluff
>customized kits
>special characters
>possible traitor geneseed
>medics in tactical squads
>>
>>43550397
They are facist by the low standards of the Imperium and deck their veterans out with the best gear. They also get a lot of love from Forge World.

Some people will spout that they are Loyalist Emperors Children, but that's a theory largely created by the fan base that has really very little credence.
>>
File: 1309790076122.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1309790076122.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
I suck so much at painting space marines.

I'm pretty good at painting Orks, but for some reasons the smooth surfaces of the space marines' armor is messing me up. Especially with highlighting.

How do I get better?
>>
>>43549997
>>43549958
Alright, Looking at the smaller one, then.
Any notable sellers? or just check ebay and hope, like I'm doing now.
>>
>>43550397
I like that they get shit done internally. They act like everyone thinks marines act.
>>
>>43550397
>>43550444
What attracted me is the fluffy relationship between them and GK (which are my first army). I'm not a fan of standard SM power and terminator armor and could never justify paying for Forgeworld...but the plastic set really changes things. I've also loved SM Apothecaries and their white armor since I started following the game in 3rd edition, and this is a good way to get a bunch of them in my army.
>>
>>43550564

MK7 armor really is quite boring, haha.
>>
File: 1446977102320.png (452 KB, 458x554) Image search: [Google]
1446977102320.png
452 KB, 458x554
>>43550559

Same can be said about Minotaurs. What is it with Forge World and making their pet chapters all edge lords?
>>
Okay one last question about my Tzeentch CSM/CD army:

Pyrocaster Flamers or Lesser Lotus of Transmogrification for Herald?
>>
>>43550619
Neither
Giving your flamers a leader doesn't do much outside of instability since they shouldn't be in melee. Instead give your herald a lesser gift so he can take another weapon.
>>
>>43550734
Done. Thanks everyone for helping me build my first miniature army! Idk maybe it's cuz I am new to this board, but shit /tg/ is much better than most other places here on 4chan and maybe the only board I don't feel like I am too old to be at. If I get the time, once I have bought/painted it all I'll post it here.
>>
>>43550167
I think you're misunderstanding what I"m saying/doing. If I give them twin-linked plasma rifles, they'll ideally get 4 shots. As opposed to the twin-linked dual fusion blasters who will get only 2 shots. A plasma rifle would get two shots ideally within range (which is why they're being used as my Deepstriking unit). Then fire again twice because I twin-linked them. Thus getting a total of 4 shots. On the downside though they're a S and AP weaker than the fusion blasters.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding twin-linked, and they're counted as one single weapon, which in this case, they'd still fire one more than the Fusion blasters.
>>
>>43549862
it has all the rules, even some extra stuff about "forging the narrative" just make sure your vision is good.
>>
Anyone have the new Tau Painting guide PDF or is it a literal reprint of the old one?
>>
So should I just go ahead and buy Dark Vengeance or what?
>>
>>43550970

Buy HH Betrayal at Calth instead
>>
>>43550857
ohhhh I see twin-linked gets rerolls to hit rather than being two seperate weapons.
>>
>>43550970
DV sucks shit now, if you want marines you get Betrayal at Calth, its a 1500pt army right out the box for less than $200usd, thats a deal that you want to get before it goes out.
>>
>>43550822
That's true, mostly.

>>43551122
Correct. Funny thing, you can model your battlesuit with dual fusion and it can be either two fusion guns or a twin linked fusion gun. Why? Logic.

Though I recommend you toss some magnets on that guy. Drill them in, encase in glue and all manner of enclosure so you never have to bother with them again.

>>43551023
This is a good suggestion
30 marines
5 termies
2 HQ
1 dread
That's over $300 USD worth of stuff, for $150
What a time to be a marine player.
>>
>>43551262
>That's over $300 USD

Its actually $500usd if you buy those same minis from FW.
>>
>>43551232
>1500pt army
Wait, you can make 1500 points outta Betrayal at Calth? You gotta throw me the numbers on this.
>>
COVER SAVES POLL

Rules as written, a model (any model) has to be 25%+ obscured by the terrain to be granted cover.

However, every battle report I see on the major channels (Miniwargaming, SS82, TableTop Tactics) they give everything cover saves if they're just standing in the cover or terrain.

My FLGS tends to do this too.

How do you guys do it? If the rule is written one way, way do so many people do it their own way (thus granting way more cover saves)
>>
>>43551232
>>43551285
>>43551302
Also if you go through eBay or preorder at most of your local shops, you can get a pretty fat discount. I'm preordering at my store and it ended up at $122 after taxes.
>>
>>43551285
It's still $300 if we are talking chinaman though.

>>43551302
If you make it with 30k rules, yea that's easy.
Each tactical unit minimum is 150 points each
The dread can reach 250 points
The termies will also be around 250 points
Toss in both HQ and some upgrades around, you get a 1.5k army.

>Also captcha keeps asking me for waffles, this is the 5th time

>>43551368
Rules or houserules, take your pick.
Being in certain terrain gives you a cover save though.
Other terrain only grants you cover if obscurement happens.
>>
>>43551368
Page numbers m8. The 25% thing only applies to vehicles as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>43551419
Wait, I thought Marines were cheaper in 30k?
>>
>>43550510
that's, rather odd that you can do ork skin easily but mess up on smooth surfaces like marine armor.

highlighting is a pain true, it takes a while to get good at it but a new brush and steady hand really helps. you can also try using a toothpick. instead of trying to use the tip, try using the side of the brush on say the pauldrons. you also try prime + base coat + wash + highlight (you'll work on the spots where the wash didn't settle, the raise surfaces on a cloak) + basecoat to cover up the spots where you messed up with the highlight + brighter color on the basecoat

>>43550613
it's almost like they live in a grim dark universe that enjoys misery
>>
>>43551262
Okay final questions. What kind of weapons should I give my commander and what kind of signature systems should I give my deep-striking Bodyguards? I'm already thinking about giving them a Repulsor Impact Field. And maybe a Failsafe Detonator. Any other useful gadgets you guys suggest?
>>
>>43550444
>possible traitor geneseed
please stop

anyways IA4 is the best one, and red scorpions are in it
>>
>>43551302
I worked it out in battlescribe there and all together with quite a few upgrades I get just over 1100.
>>
>>43551419
>>43551421

It's on page 517 of the PDF BRB on our mega
>
>>
File: Changeling_5th_ed.jpg (88 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Changeling_5th_ed.jpg
88 KB, 873x627
>>43551574
since you asked so nicely, i guess i'll have to stop my insidious plot to corrupt the youth
>>
>>43551665
That's true for scatter terrain, sure. Most people use ruins for cover which ignore the 25% obscured rule though.
>>
>>43551536
Well the puretide chip is really good. Also the nueroweb upgrade is great, but so few people take it let alone know it exists.
The commander should take iridium armor, maybe onager gauntlet. Don't worry too much about the rest.
Make sure he's rocking something that makes the most of his ballistic skill, so dual plasma or fusion work great on him. Otherwise give him guns that fill a hole in your damage output, just not flamers.

>>43551859
If you're hidden from sight, you have a 5+ cover save. This is true for terrain, models, ect. It's always a 5+, even if they are being blocked by a ruin. Unless they are in a ruin, they have a 5+ cover base.

>>43551699
You've already corrupted the elders, why stop now?

>>43551643
We never said you could make a good 1.5k army out of it. Buy two boxes already, GW wants your money.
>>
File: (heavy breathing).jpg (60 KB, 640x489) Image search: [Google]
(heavy breathing).jpg
60 KB, 640x489
Seeing as how Betrayal at Calth is real, what are the chances of plastic Horus Heresy becoming a thing?
>>
>>43551990
>This is true for terrain, models, ect. It's always a 5+, even if they are being blocked by a ruin.
The rule says "unless specifically stated" though, which things like ruins do specifically state as being 4+ saves.
>>
>>43552081
I think you are a lost cause mate. go to page 37 in the BRB and leave us alone.

>>43552076
Well, think like GW
>Make 30k
>Holy shit it's selling like hotcakes
>We gotta milk this hard
>Can fantasy, leave the hobbit at the door, gotta get that plastic crack to the customers
>Make boxed set
>It's already selling like hotcakes
Logic course of action? Make more plastic 30k stuff. GW isn't stupid, but they are evil.
>>
>>43552180
>GW makes alternate plastic primarchs
>plastic thunderhawk
>>
>>43552180
If you want to pretend no terrain rules exist go ahead.
>>
>>43549721
Drop the CCS, it serves literally zero purpose.

The deathstrike also seems a bit extreme for 1000pts. There's a good chance by the time it fires, it won't actually do that much.
>>
>>43551643
In 40k? I havent done it in 40k but in 30k it comes to 1420 with some upgrades, add some transports or some upgrades for certain squads here and there and you can get it to 1500pts easily.
>>
>>43551368
>Rules as written, a model (any model) has to be 25%+ obscured by the terrain to be granted cover.

learn2read m8, thats only for vehicles.
>>
>>43552294
In 40k using the apostle as a chaplain yeah. You only need to stick down some razorbacks, give the dread a drop pod and maybe tool out the HQs a bit more (only did WYSIWYG) and you'd have a pretty decent 1500 list in 40k.
>>
>>43551232
imo DV is still a great kit

but this new kit is just on another level
>>
HOLD ON A FUCKING SECOND

DV sells well.

Age of Sigmar kit sells really well.

So GW produces a 150 box set of many space marines. I'm guessing they've already sold a ton and they are going to sell like a million more or something.

Is this is future of GW? Mountains of grey plastic with a 100-150 dollar price point?
>>
>>43552770
>Is this is future of GW? Mountains of grey plastic with a 100-150 dollar price point?

Theyve been doing that since fucking forever, starter sets, campaign boxes and bundles have been a thing and have always had a discount. This isnt new.
>>
So yeah, I just did this.

>playing deathwatch campaign as apothecary
>inside space hulk in the the warp without gellar fields
>inside a chapel with civilians with chaplain present
>suddenly, 40 genestealers out of fucking nowhere
>only 5 of us, 2 in terminator armor, I'm not one of them
>get knocked down to 6 health, more than half of them left
>"FUCK IT, I'M SUMMONING DOOMRIDER!!"
>sing the ballad of doomrider to the group
>doomrider appears, the genestealers burrow the FUCK out of there, civilians run out of the room for their lives
>i try to convince him to play whack-a-genestealer
>he's having none of it, he bolts out soon after he arrives
>I have to try to convince the chaplain that what I did was not wrong at all
>roll a critical, 4 to be exact
>"Glory to slannesh!" the chaplain proclaims. In a chapel.
>only took 8 points of corruption because DM let me roll 2d10 for corruption

Best damn experience I've had.
>>
>>43552838
>"Glory to slannesh!"

I'm imagining him saying that, with that exact inflection, in a really stupid voice.

Goddammit /tg/
>>
>>43552814
it has never been their main focus though

[spiler]if it becomes their main focus I am OK with this[/spoiler]
>>
File: lootedcoffee.jpg (20 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
lootedcoffee.jpg
20 KB, 217x232
>>43546137
>>43546197
>>43546294

Same anon here, back from the 750 point game vs wolfie wolf. Set up as Dawn of War deployment and Big Guns Never Tire on his narrow-ass, 42" wide table. Rolled Strategic Genius Trait and stole the initiative and wrecked him. Hard. At the end of turn 5 I had destroyed 2 heavy supports, held 4 of 5 objectives and killed his warlord. I had units in place for linebreaker and I had first blood.

A lot of this is because Gork and Mork smiled on my dice, but I think he needs to get some Thunderwolf Cavalry. He somehow thinks they are overcosted.

Also for anybody wondering what Looted Wagons are good for. They are good for getting a cheap-ass killkannon in 750 point games.
>>
>>43547437
it specified they come in together in the 5th ed book
nothing is mentioned in the current one
>>
>>43547437
MT has no platoons in MT codex, only troop choices
>>
File: 1441862601827.jpg (17 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1441862601827.jpg
17 KB, 315x315
Guys, I need help.

I want to write a raven guard list in battlescribe with some of the new Kauyon artifacts...

...but, does Kauyon have a supplement file directory or something? I'm sad and confused.

What should I do?
>>
>>43553122
Muh squigga

But wait, he's a Wolfy Wolf and he's not packing Thunderwolves? No wonder you smited his sphincter. Also wow, that was a lot of smiting.

So how are you fluffing this? They went to get the Wulfy Wulf Aks back and fucked it up? Main force saw a bunch of bitches they needed to shag along the roadside?
>>
File: grippo tyres.jpg (236 KB, 800x1088) Image search: [Google]
grippo tyres.jpg
236 KB, 800x1088
>>43553122
Good going man! Seriously though even a min squad of TWC can do so much work it's ridiculous, can't believe he doesn't have any.

and yeah looted wagons are fantastic in low point games, if you've heard any different from here that'll just be your standard "/tg/ is shit at orks" post. I've seen posts were in two separate paragraphs they were saying looted wagons were shit then in the next suggesting battlewagons as a killkannon chassis.
>>
>>43553212
You have to pick "Talon Strike Force" as your detachment type
Then pick "Space Marines: Raven Guard - Talon Strike Force" as your catalogue
>>
>>43553212
>inb4 don't use battlescribe
Fuck off in advance.

It'll probably appear as a specialty force for the Force Org selection, if it's up yet. Which it should be, God knows it's been long enough.
>>
>>43553122
What kind of list do you run at 750...for reasons?
>>
>>43553331
Actually, I'd be interested to see it myself, and I don't even play Orks.
>>
>>43553080
>it has never been their main focus though

What do you mean?
>>
>>43553381
From what I understand, he's thinking GW's main sales are box sets, and that they're pushing them more than individual model sales.

That's incorrect, by the way.
>>
File: 1443580553824.jpg (144 KB, 488x700) Image search: [Google]
1443580553824.jpg
144 KB, 488x700
>>43553122
nice work, i wish people would write more about their battles on here
>>
>>43553409
I was thinking the other way around, that if they push box sets instead of individual models I would be ok with that
>>
File: imperialguard(3).jpg (30 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard(3).jpg
30 KB, 400x500
IG guy from last night, how does this color scheme look all things considered?
>>
>>43553414

No one actually plays 40k anymore, we just talk about it.
>>
>>43553441
Not bad. Makes a very proppa desert force, so do that if you're basing them.
>>
Can a Stormraven carry a Contemptor Dread or just a normal one?
>>
>>43553470
The specific statement is "Any Dreadnought."

Therefore, RAW you may only carry vanilla dreads, no Ironclads or Venerables, as they are separate units.

I'm only half joking
>>
>>43553461
Well I was more making them a mining/construction kind of force, Like they come from a more industrialized planet owned by major corporations, so they come into high combat zones, working first to strip resources for the Imperium, but also doubling as soldiers. So their flak armor doubles as hazard uniforms for mining stuff.
>>
>>43553524
Oh, that explains the brightness of the orange. I thought it was just an effect.

Yeah, that's awesome, go for it. I'd recommend lots of orange/black hazard stripes, then, because that looks cool.
>>
>>43553503
>any dread as long as it's black

>>43553524
That's a pretty interesting idea, will you be adding on extra gubbins to show the dual roles that they have? IIRC FW do some hazard suit cadians that might be up your ally.
>>
>>43553558
Yeah, I plan on doing the hazard stripes and all that, I just hope I can manage to pull it off and make it look good
>>43553563
gubbins? And I'll check out the those cadians on FW, that sounds pretty neat
>>
>>43553219
>But wait, he's a Wolfy Wolf and he's not packing Thunderwolves? No wonder you smited his sphincter.
Yeah I convinced him that they are tough as shit and mobile. I had to explain how acute senses and outflank works. He runs his wolfys as a Siberian Bear themed variant so he's going to try and model some bear cav. I think it'll be cool as shit.

>So how are you fluffing this? They went to get the Wulfy Wulf Aks back and fucked it up? Main force saw a bunch of bitches they needed to shag along the roadside?
Basically the wolfy-bears cam knocking for their Aks back but were too worked up and screaming and yelling too much about their plans so the Warboss got a kunnin' plan and set up an ambush at an old fuel depot. And proceeded to wreck some shit. He yelled "Ya'll to the wrong neighborhood motherfuckers!" at least a few times.

>>43553249
Yeah I mostly run it because it was a fun conversion to make and I go hard on the deathskull fluff, but it shines in small point games for sure. I used it to ferry MANz around too.

>>43553331
>>43553375

It wasn't anything that special. I went with this
HQ
Warboss
-PK
-Bosspole
-Lukky Stikk
-'Eavy Armor

Troops
20 slugga boyz
-boss nob, big choppa and boss pole
10 shootas
- big shoota, boss nob, big choppa and bosspole
10 grots

Elite
3x Meganobz

Heavy
11x Lootas
Looted Wagon w/killkannon and for some reason 3x skorchas on the front.

I rarely get to shoot all the guns on the wagon, but rule of cool took over. It's kind of a shit list actually but I grabbed objectives and stuck my MANz in the wagon and ran the 20 boyz with the boss behind it to block line of site for his heavy bolters and assault cannons and killed my way around his backline.
>>
>>43553611
They're actually much easier than they sound. Lay down a strip of orange, multiple coats, then go over with the diagonal black parts. Then outline very finely in black to make it look like the black is the background.

Do it the other way if you prime black, but it's harder and you'll need four or five coats of the stripes.

"Gubbins" refers to additional model parts that serve no purpose on the tabletop, but serve to make your models look cooler. In your case, it would be things like spare track segments, cranes on top, lights, sign plaques, etc. Try looking at model railroad stuff, because they have plenty of good bitz for construction-y stuff.
>>
>>43553654
Honestly it was just shit dice rolls that made it so one sided. I stole the initiative, killed his razorback on turn one, and his wolfguard termies mishapped and I stuck them back on his backline instead of up my lootas asses.
>>
>>43553654
>He yelled "Ya'll to the wrong neighborhood motherfuckers!" at least a few times.

I love it.

Sounds like a cool army, too, keeping to the Deathskull theme. Continues to show that no amount of list tailoring beats intelligent command and unprepared opponents, FA/tg/UYS. COUGH FUCKING COUGH.
>>
File: 1444436401807.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1444436401807.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>43553459
i haven't gotten a game in a game since... Feb or so? all this time spent painting. i'll have to make time for it on this break coming up
>>
File: 1426477379363.png (781 KB, 1078x379) Image search: [Google]
1426477379363.png
781 KB, 1078x379
Hey, guys- what book is this from?
>>
>>43553789
Horus Heresy book 3 I think.
>>
>>43553798
You are awesome.
>>
>Baal is now attacked by a full tendril of Tyranids AND a fuckton of Daemons led by Ka'bandha
The Blood Angels are fucked, aren't they?
>>
>>43553828
Sanguinor's gonna falcon punch Ka'bandha again. And they're fond of flamers, should do okay against those Nids.

who am I kidding they're far past fucked
>>
File: Post-4-1241578053.jpg (137 KB, 900x546) Image search: [Google]
Post-4-1241578053.jpg
137 KB, 900x546
How good are Mechanicus with Skitarii and/or Knights without that cheese formation? I really like the Ad Mech, but I don't want to go full WAAC or buy every single Skitarii model.
>>
>>43553828
new book? they just got saved from being wiped in the shield of baal campaign and then they were getting their asses beat by abby which caused to almost lose the chapter
>>
>>43553897
>Shield of Baal
I thought that ended with the system wrecked and in control of Necrons, with the Blood Angel strike force sent in returning severely depleted and the Tyranids moving towards Baal.

Unless there's more to the story after Exterminatus.
>>
>>43553789
Horus Heresy Book 4, around page 218 I believe.
>>
>>43553894
The Cohort Mech isn't all that cheesy until you start spamming megacheese upgrades, but in any case they're still quite good. I regularly beat the Marines in my meta with them.
>>
>>43553947
i honestly have no clue, i don't pay attention to the loyalists or keep up with enough fluff in 40k
>>
>>43553810
>>43553798
It was Book 4, but you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks so much. :D
>>
>>43553959
Thanks.
>>
File: Hades Drill.jpg (25 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Hades Drill.jpg
25 KB, 600x620
>>43553677
Oh neat, I'll have to look into that! Also I really like the Hades Breaching drill and think it fits my theme perfectly, but I don't know if it's actually useful at all. Thoughts?
>>
>>43549623
WB are battle-bros with Daemons I if yo take the RoW, which is ass or take Erebus who is noice. Most Traitors will be able to ally with Daemons with the new book I believe
>>
>>43554214
It's honestly not incredible, but if you want to run an army that uses it it's pretty friggin' awesome.

You're literally striking from the deep.
>>
>>43549858

Just so you're aware these autistic permavirgins

>>43549998
>>43550129

are just mad because the list is actually very competitive and they'd almost certainly lose to it because

>muh narrative
>muh fluff list
>muh unbalanced game

As for critique, rangers are generally useless, you'd be better off spending that points on a 5 man DA squad for that weird lone Wave Serpent, or a Warlock Skyrunner to Conceal the Farseer's unit as they jink around
>>
>>43554257
I literally know jack about the rules and stuff, since I'm a new player, I've only just put together my IG minis, and have yet to paint em. Would you mind explaining a bit further for me? As I'm totally interested in striking from the deep because that sounds awesome.
>>
>>43554324
>Calls others autistic permavirgins.
>Proceeds to give advice on how to further minmax a chhese list from a cheese codex.

BRB gotta go bang my wife after winning my narrative game with my fluffy list. Enjoy jerking off to your farseer's plastic unpainted model.
>>
File: Sand for the Sand god.jpg (43 KB, 736x520) Image search: [Google]
Sand for the Sand god.jpg
43 KB, 736x520
>>43553524
>first person says it's a good desert force
>you say its a mining/construction force with fucking planet based corporations
The spice must flow
i'm going to be extremely surprised if that's not exactly what you were aiming for.
>>
>>43554353
>what's it deep striking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU
>>
>>43554413
Prepare to be surprised because I know absolutely nothing about Dune

S-Sorry anon
>>
>>43549966

What, he overwatched with Fusion Blasters and killed all 3 of them?

This happened to me[/spoilers]
>>
>>43554435

Give them blue jeans.
>>
>>43554353
So it's a little special, but here's the gist from IA5:

It's actually an Infantry unit that you buy as an upgrade to an Engineer squad, which you treat as a character that runs around with them (has to stay in coherency, all that). Taking it means you have to deepstrike (place it on the tabletop anywhere you like, but roll to check if and how much you scatter from your target), though you get an invuln save when you do, and permanent Move Through Cover, which is cool.

When it is time to PIERCE THE TABLETOP WITH YOUR DRILL, you have two options: you move it in the Movement phase, meaning you once again get that 4+ invuln and a long movement, but can't end near enemies, inside terrain, etc.

The fun happens if you Tunnel with it in Assault. This means you get to plow through anything in your way to get to your enemies, basically, with a whole bunch of benefits, most notably that THE ENEMY CANNOT SHOOT AT YOU AS YOU CHARGE THEM. If you've heard of Overwatch, it's a huge part of how most armies play, and the main reason certain ones are strong. This lets you literally skip that, and also HIT THEM WITH THE FUCKING DRILL. It literally cuts its way through anything, including people. It's awesome.

Here's the details:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hades_Breaching_Drill
>>
>>43554407
>lying on a chinese comic forum anonymously on the internet

I'm giving advice to a new player with a new list seeking help. It's done all the time in these threads but as soon as MUH SCARY ARMY :( factions show up, everyone gets intimidated and tries to discourage that person from playing at all. It's bullshit, I'll continuously help Eldar players on this forum and in these threads whenever I'm around.

My farseer is totally painted too
>>
>>43551529

>that's, rather odd that you can do ork skin easily but mess up on smooth surfaces like marine armor.

Not that anon, but I'm in exactly the same boat. The fact is that you can get quite a decent result on Ork skin with just a basecoat, a wash, then a drybrush, because it's quite textured. The same can't be said for flat surfaces that tend to look quite bad with the same process.
>>
>>43554505
This is sounding fucking awesome but I notice it says it's used by Death Corps of Krieg. Does that mean I can't use it unless I'm using Death Corps?
>>
I wonder how it would look bashing together the old berserker kit and this new horus heresy kit.

I have a feeling the results won't look so good as the berserker kit is very old. Even the standard CSM kit is ancient now.
>>
>>43554543
Yes, which would be bad, except they fit your fluff very well.

You don't have to use DKOK minis, especially if you ally in a force of them to take the Engineers with the drills (which is my recommendation).
>>
File: 2015-10-27 20.34.39.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-27 20.34.39.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
So, since /tg/ doesn't have Buy Sell Trade Threads I'm gonna throw it in here. Looking to sell off my Space Marines on the cheap.

It's all done in a dark green and black scheme with leadbelcher and bronze weapons. Would be easy enough to strip though.

Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter: $15
Razorback w/ Lascannon: $15
Razorback w/ custom Lasplas/Icarus Lascannon: $20
Whirlwind/Rhino: $15
Predator w/ all Lascannons: $20
Predator w/ all Lascannons: $20
Ironclad Dreadnought: $20
Land Raider(unpainted, primed black): $20
Land Raider: $20
Drop Pod, one door doesn't stay in: $15
Two Stormtalon Gunships(Recast in resin from Coolcastornot) $10 each
Stormraven(Recast in resin from a Coolcastornot source, requires repairs) $15
40+ Marines, mix of Tactical, Devastator, and Assault: $1 Each

$255 total, but I'm willing to part with it all for $200 if someone wants to buy it all at once. I'm in the US, but can ship internationally. Pic related is a sample of the color scheme
>>
File: NightLordsConversionPackNEW01.jpg (50 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
NightLordsConversionPackNEW01.jpg
50 KB, 600x620
>>43554551
Yeah I just looked at the old Night Lords kit from GW after seeing the heads from FW. Holy shit they look like hell.
>>
File: night lords.jpg (164 KB, 594x761) Image search: [Google]
night lords.jpg
164 KB, 594x761
>>43554610
>hating on batmarines
fake NL fan please remove yourself
>>
File: Champion (2).jpg (287 KB, 1181x903) Image search: [Google]
Champion (2).jpg
287 KB, 1181x903
>>43554580
God that picture is awful I need a better camera than a cell phone.

Better sample of the color scheme.
>>
>>43554610
man I'd really love to see a new CSM kit

and for that matter a Chosen kit, done in the DV style and with a bunch of weapon options like the loyalist veteran kits.

I remember reading somewhere that CSM are like the 2nd or 3rd most popular army so it seems really odd that they don't get the love that Space Marines or (some of the) the filthy Xenos

>>43554639
I think her beef wasn't with the Night Lords but with the quality of the old kits compared to the new stuff.
>>
>>43554580
Damn, I know a guy at my FLGS starting Dark Angels and buying whatever he can get his hands on. I don't know his email address or yours. I have no way of connecting you. If you can get me your email, I can get it to him probably
>>
>>43554669
[email protected]
>>
File: basedsevatar.png (343 KB, 792x454) Image search: [Google]
basedsevatar.png
343 KB, 792x454
>>43554639
I like the batmarines, but look at Sevatar and then look at those. They are just too clunky looking to fit with FW sculpts.
>>
>>43554681
Cool, I'll message it to him now. Guess we'll see.
>>
>>43554580
Shit, that 40 marines and boltor razorback is tempting. I have like 0 dollars and plan to move sometime, though.
I'll email you tomorrow if you haven't sold it, too tired to actually consider it now.
>>
>>43554686
You don't like batmarines! I know your secrets.

You only like sniffing expensive resin and complaining on the internet.
>>
>>43554720
So far these haven't been moving for a while, so assuming >>43554707's buddy doesn't pick it up, you'll probably have a good chance at getting them.
>>
File: NL.png (12 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
NL.png
12 KB, 217x232
>>43554736
But, but, I AM the night
>>
Last week I got some advice on starting to play.

I got my rulebook and decided on spacewolves and picked up my codex.

This is my first shot at a list. A low point league at my FLGS starts in a month at 1000 pts.

HQ

Wolf Lord (190pts)
Thunderwolf, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw

Troops

10 Grey Hunters (220pts)
Rhino, Wolf Standard
2x Meltagun

10 Grey Hunters (230pts)
Rhino, Wolf Standard
2x Plasma Gun

Fast Attack

Fenrisian Wolves (114pts)
Cyberwolf

Heavy Support

Stormfang Gunship (240pts)
2x Twin-linked Multi-Meltas
>>
>>43554754
>>43554720

Yeah if my friend is too slow then he's too slow, just sell what you can. I'm sure he'd want the Drop Pod, Rhinos and maybe some of the other armor though (at least that's what he needs)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.