[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a guy who survived the mines of madness anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: MinesOfMadness_zpse77e3cc6.jpg (29 KB, 416x383) Image search: [Google]
MinesOfMadness_zpse77e3cc6.jpg
29 KB, 416x383
Total party of 4.

Only lost one to the sacrifice room.

I was playing the new Arcana Cleric.
>>
>>43526501

How's your sex life?
>>
>>43526578
>O hai doggy!
>>
>>43526578

It'll last forever now!
>>
>tfw the Mines of Madness are tearing you apart
>>
>>43526820

Our barb legit got so fucking tired of listening to two of us argue about how we could solve this that he actually killed himself willingly

RIP barberoni
>>
>>43526501
So what was it like? Did you get any cool loot?
>>
>>43530225

I ended up with the Forever Stone.

We briefly owned a 7,500g valued diamond pick axe, but gave it to a golem.

We found a big ass bag of gems and shit, but we threw them at a gargoyle
>>
What is the Mines of Madness?
>>
>>43533147

Pre-built 5E module.

created during play-test

I believe it might have had a tie-in with one of the PAX events.

Essentially, one-off campaign which will make you question every decision you ever make in a dungeon
>>
>>43526501
Did you get to mine anything at all or you just went sightseeing?
>>
>>43526501
Op, and anyone else who cares, is mines of madness good fun? I'm about to start dming for two newbies and two very experienced players, and need a premade adventure.
>>
>>43538540

Loads of fun for, especially for people new to D&D I think.

I would do what our DM did, though - have everyone bring a backup character.

And make it so that for the first ~2hours of the dungeon, if someone dies, allow them to use a backup. After that, you have to make it count.

Only issue with mines of madness is that, as a player, you only really get to do it once (because consecutive runs would be too easy since you know what to do), so hopefully you make it count.

Either way, it is fun for both new & experienced players who have not run it before, and it will definitely teach new players to check shit before they just blindly walk ahead in normal campaigns!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.