[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if Ahriman got into the Black Library and became
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Ahzek Ahriman.png (493 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Ahzek Ahriman.png
493 KB, 500x500
What would happen if Ahriman got into the Black Library and became a Chaos God? What would his domains be, what would happen in the WH40Kverse, etc.
>>
>What would happen if Starscream became the leader of the Decepticons?

I dunno, he'd probably continue to be a failure.
>>
>>43508356
I would assume that Tzeentch would Justasplanned really really hard. He would Justasplanned all over the Eldar, the library and Ahriman. Everything would be planned so hard that it wouldn't know what the hell was going on.
>>
>>43508406
It happened in a movie, if I recall. All he managed to do before Unicron-resurrected Megatron (Galvatron?) vaporised him was crowning himself
>>
>>43508551

Do the animated Transformers movies have any real continuity to them or are they stand alone?
>>
>>43508406
It's more like Starscream gaining the power of Voltron.
>>
File: CIA Space Marine.png (826 KB, 782x551) Image search: [Google]
CIA Space Marine.png
826 KB, 782x551
>>43508356
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>43508406
>Ahriman=Starscream

I suddenly have a lot more interest in the character.
>>
>>43508624
He's a big guy.
>>
>>43508356
why would busting into the black library make him a chaos god? Jaq Draco got in and he didn't become one
>>
>>43508649
>Every line attributed to Ahriman will now be read in Starscreams voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWhZQeBba-U

That whiney whiney voice.
>>
>>43508694
It is rumoured that if Ahriman ever gained entry into the Black Library, he could use the information contained within it to become a new and powerful Chaos God within the Warp.

OP is asking if hypothetically if Ahriman busted into the Black Library and became a Chaos God, what would happen.
>>
>>43508649
>>43508743
different anon here, I have actually always read his lines in a starscreamesque voice without realizing it.
>>
>>43508694
The Harlequin Man had different motives for being there. Ahriman would plunder the knowledge for a singular purpose..... only to get fucked over by Tzeentch. The second you get what you want, and your plans come to fruit, Tzeentch loses his hold over you. Tzeentch doesn't want to see you win, he wants you to forever try. Endless striving and planning to oppose Nurgle's Endless surrender and acceptance.
>>
>>43508839
Why doesn't Fagnus break in?
>>
>>43508743
I was thinking Armada or Prime.
>>
>>43508872
Because Magnus, as a daemon, has already been reduced to an aspect of Tzeentch. He's not his own person anymore. He does what he does because the big birdy wants it.

Plus, he got broken into shards C'Tan style, so even if he could try, he'd probably stop himself.
>>
>>43508595
I don't know. Rodimus Prime was a thing for a while, though.
>>
>>43509094
>Plus, he got broken into shards C'Tan style

what? I never heard that, or are you talking about his split personalities?
>>
>>43508869
I thought Ahriman managed to make himself invisible to Tzeentch's plans. The Big Bird can no longer account for him.
>>
>>43508356
He'd probably strip naked and start rubbing himself down with the books while cackling with glee.
>>
>>43509139
The way I heard it, his personalities split in a very literal sense and took fragments of his power and memories with them. He's not one daemon prince with a dozen minds fighting over the wheel, he's a corporation run by a committee of shareholders.

Granted, this is all second hand, so I might be full of shit. Even if it were a conventional split personality, though, that would be more than enough to fuck up any attempt to break into the BL. His reasoning and methods would change halfway through and torpedo the attempt.
>>
>>43509237
Is that even possible? His servant has perfect clairvoyance minus the head that lies all the time.
>>
>>43509094
Daemons can go rogue. They are aligned with Tzeencth domain and traits but not zombies to his will. Tzeencth daemons especially get trapped in their own countless webs that lead them all over the fucking place before their boss ultimately screws them over
>>
>>43509237
Kek
>>
He already has the coolest helmet in the setting. It's not like he needs anything else.
>>
File: 1439683880186.jpg (135 KB, 859x931) Image search: [Google]
1439683880186.jpg
135 KB, 859x931
>>43509924
truely, he is the most fashionable space marine
>>
>>43509924
Needs to become best psyker.
>>
>>43508595
There is only ONE animated Transformers movie and yes, it did connect to the original cartoon.
>>
>>43508694
The eldar found a way to use their own religion as weapons - turn a group into a gestalt then attach it to a god they worshipped
The gestalt bit means it has a link to the warp and the worship means it can get power from ambient psy energy instead of having to feed of souls
ahriman would become a mix of slaanesh and tzeentch - obsession over knowledge and power and control
The shared elements would make it difficult for him to get taped out by either sort of like khaine and horned rat
>>
>>43510339
A real answer.
Well, there we have it; thread over. Everyone can go home now.
>>
>>43508356
Ahriman doesn't want to become a god. His entire character is based around him being the leader of the Thousand Sons that didn't just fade into Chaos irrelevance like Magnus and the other Chaos primarchs. He rejected Magnus, and forged a new legion out of the ashes of Prospero. Unlike Abaddon, he didn't have the need (or ability really) to purge the legions name and identity in doing so.

I'm betting the Ahriman's final end goal is something crazy like forcefully merging the souls of the Thousand Sons that have been trapped in their armor for 10 millennia into the Eldar infinity circuit by sacrificing himself and all the other psyker Thousand Sons in one great psychic effort that erases their souls like Horus's.
>>
>>43517177
>Open codex
>Read the fluff
>Ahriman wants to be a god

Hmmm....
>>
>>43517213
The codex just says that Ahriman "hungers for more." Nothing about him wanting to become a god.
>>
>>43517487
Older codexes outright says he wants to be a god.
>>
>>43517177
He's gone through several revisions. At first he was shown to be this cackling madman obsessed with UNLIMITED POWER, ala Sheev, now he's this repentant failure who can't stop failing at everything he does so he tries to gather ultimate knowledge just so he doesn't fail. Meanwhile Tzeentch is laughing his ass off.

Honestly I don't think Ahriman even cares about godhood or Chaos or the Imperium. He just cares about undoing the Rubric and proving that he's right: fate is bullshit and we make our own path instead of it all playing into the plan of some raven-headed asshole.
>>
File: Bowman.jpg (38 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Bowman.jpg
38 KB, 250x250
>>43508356
>What would happen

Something wonderful.
>>
>>43508356
>What would happen if Ahriman got into the Black Library
He doesn't have a library card, how can he get in if he lacks one?
>>
>>43508356
Nothing: Arhiman would stop him first
>>
>>43518278
But then Ahriman would stop Ahriman from stopping Ahriman.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.