[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Commander EDH General /edhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: anya.jpg (111 KB, 681x949) Image search: [Google]
anya.jpg
111 KB, 681x949
>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

I guess it's an edition.
>>
SHOW US MEREN, WIZARDS.
>>
>>43456929
>No double strike and/or haste.

Not commander material. If it was bolt on a stick it would be a lot better.
>>
First for thank fucking christ the old thread was nothing but bullshit. Time to wait around for this one to devolve into the same thing.
>>
>>43456929
An Angel and a R/W commander that doesn't cost a million mana.

I'll take it. 5 mana 7/7 indestructible flier seems pretty solid.
>>
RW or "Just beat them in face senpai: The Colors"
>>
>>43456973
Have they ever in the history of magic been used for anything else?
>>
>>43456929
Dissapointing as fuck, and the ONLY reason its CMC 5 is for the dissapointing as fuck Main commander.

I mad wizards... I fucking mad..... fuck you
>>
>>43456929
I'm not sure how the lighting works in this picture. There is a red hue on one of the blades, its obviously not blood because its on the interior curve of the blade, so it has to be a reflection of the red from her wing. Shes not drenched in red, so its not the sun. Is her wing that reflective? There is a feather that is pure purple, and the end of her wing as well. The only really purple thing is her loin cloth. Is her loin cloth also super reflective? Even if it was shes blocking the light coming from behind her, so it shouldn't be reflecting. Does this artist even understand lighting?
>>
File: bastionprotector.jpg (38 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
bastionprotector.jpg
38 KB, 265x370
Post cards you want in foil, but will never have.
>>
Whats with all these "commander" cards that in no way want you to build around them. Whats the point? The commander should be the most important card in the deck. Period.
>>
>>43456929
You can't really build around her. Can RW goodstuff work? Does RW even have any goodstuff? I still have high hopes for Ghost Dad and the GB Jund chick.
>>
>>43457005
Tell that to Oloro.
>>
>>43457013
R/W Artifacts is the ONLY good deck I have found with R/W

Everything else is "Why are you playing Iroas, or Gisela, or Aurelia?"

Nothing we are getting is new or innovative or will replace those 3 cards. I am seriously fucking disappointed in this set.
>>
File: spiderfog.png (386 KB, 448x618) Image search: [Google]
spiderfog.png
386 KB, 448x618
We spiders now.
>>
File: 1424559486038.gif (865 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1424559486038.gif
865 KB, 480x270
>>43457005
>he's not on the snake tribal hype train
>>
>>43457038
why aren't you*
>>
File: sandstoneoracle[1].jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
sandstoneoracle[1].jpg
40 KB, 265x370
>>43457003
The sphinx is clearly designed for multiplayer so it won't ever be printed in a standard set.

Maybe in Conspiracy 2 desu
>>
File: 1401185354665.gif (6 KB, 381x178) Image search: [Google]
1401185354665.gif
6 KB, 381x178
>wanted compleated Ezuri to be something cool
>get a contradictory card that forces you to play wide for maximum effectiveness (tokens) but then his ability tries to make you play voltron because nobody's going to let whatever you put the tokens on live very long

I'll probably still wind up building new Ezuri but god damn he was such a fucking disappointment.
>>
I'm excited about the new overload card. That looks fun, even for monored.

I like the new angel, she's pretty charming. I'd probably just end up running Heartless Hidetsugu, Earthquakes, Malignos, etc. as enablers.
>>
>>43457044
Delicious reach.
>>
>>43457044
>But he was already pouring her a brimming glass of spiders
>>
>>43457044
A fog that potentially fucks up attackers, leaves behind bodies for sac outlets, and is pretty aggressively costed? Hot damn.

Angus Turbofog and Trostani Tokens are probably drooling over this.
>>
>>43457044
Like all the Flurry of Wings type of cards, seems alright. This one's cheap enough that it could work out.
>>
>>43457044
I love it. Turbofog the spidering.
Thromok
>>
File: age of spiders.png (90 KB, 340x423) Image search: [Google]
age of spiders.png
90 KB, 340x423
>>43457044
>>
>>43457063
I mean, with tokens, you can put it on other tokens. Or just mulldrifters you have lying around.

They only need to have the counters for one combat or so.
>>
>>43457056
Looks good for Red, White, and Boros.
>>
Anyone Else want to use Blighted Agent, Carrion Call, Glistener Elf, etc. with the new Ezuri or is everyone just thinking about silly infinite combos?

Also would really like berserk.
Please berserk.
Please.
It's a $70 Common holy shit why is this allowed for cards that aren't on the reserved list
>>
>>43457143
And Esper, Grixis, or UR Artifact decks. If they can get out enough Sol Rings, Monoliths, or Metalworkers to power this sphinx out by turn 3 or 4 they could probably leverage a hand refill very well.
>>
>>43457044
Am I the only one who feels they should stop printing so many rattlesnake cards? Things like Comeuppance that mean you can never ever safely attack into open mana regardless of the color your opponent's playing?

These cards are fine, they're not overpowered, but in a multiplayer format that's heavy on the durdling and where people are already not inclined to turn things sideways too often, it just slows down games even further. This is nothing something EDH needs more of.
>>
>>43457152
nope, I'm gonna run Elfball

I will use glistener elf though.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (152 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
152 KB, 223x311
>>43457003
>Your waifu will never be foil
Hold me /edh/
>>
Have we seen the B/G commander yet?
I was thinking that Ezuri might be a really good way to load up on a zillion experience counters to abuse whatever the B/G one does with them in a BUG deck.
>>
>>43457231
sadly no
>>
File: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest.png (189 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest.png
189 KB, 265x370
>>43457231
>>43457238
Hm?
>>
>>43457231
Or RUG with the new Izzet guy and effects like tempt with vengeance and firecat blitz.
>>
>>43457152
What cards go infinite with Ezuri again?
>>
>>43457267
That's the alt commander, he's asking about the main commander.
>>
>>43457267
The main guy deals with experience counters. This is not the main guy.
>>43457274
Sage of Hours
>>
>>43457274
Sage of Hours
Earthcraft+Squirrel's Nest
Intruder Alarm+Anything (Presence of Gond)
>>
>>43456929
Is this angel from Thune?
>>
Is it just me, or is there no reason not to just run a bunch of dorks and every pentivus variant you can think of as a finisher in Ezuri?
>>
File: 1377647870346.gif (591 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1377647870346.gif
591 KB, 350x277
What is up with Boros Angels and dual wielding but not having double strike?
>>
File: l8LjV[1].jpg (58 KB, 273x382) Image search: [Google]
l8LjV[1].jpg
58 KB, 273x382
Is it possible to put your entire deck in your graveyard and generate 8 mana on the same turn in Legacy?
>>
File: 30.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>43457003
mos def
>>
>>43457538
No. If this thing's good in legacy it'll be because of the base ability to cheat out any instant/sorcery from your graveyard, not the ridiculously expensive overload cost.
>>
>>43457442
Some people are pushing for Sage of Hours as well, just to go infinite.
>>
>>43457442

Don't forget the eldrazi that shit out tokens. Although those are more secondary than the primary goal of going fucking infinite.
>>
Hi I have a rules question that almost came up tonight but I didn't play it out this way just so I could avoid asking people irl about it.

If I have Pestilence Demon and Whip of Erebos on the battlefield, and activate his ability say, 10 times, will I gain X*6 life or X*10 (x being the number of creatures+players Pest. Demon hits)?

Because he has lifelink so his damage will heal him, but once the 6th hits he will die to itself, but the other 4 will still resolve... He had lifelink when he started the ability but not when they resolved since he's well, dead.

What happens? Sorry if this is the wrong place but it happened in an edh game so you guys are stuck with me
>>
>>43457442
This is why I dislike him already. Just really easy to build, shove all your tiny unblockable, infect, mana-producing, or token generating creatures in there with the usual craterhoof/overrun plans and sage of hours because why not shove in a two-mana card that goes infinite with your commander.
>>
>>43457601
will heal me* can't type
>>
>>43457056
It's expensive enough that it's unlikely to break standard, and it still has an effect in 1v1 (unlike myriad). There's hope yet.
>>
>>43457601
The other four won't resolve, he has to be on the field for his ability to work.
>>
>>43457601
It's a case of Last Known Information. Pestilence Demon as he last existed on the battlefield had lifelink, so he continues to "have lifelink" as long as currently existing stack things refer to him.

Note that, like any other Lifelink case, you won't actually lose life at all. You'll take 1 and gain 1 simultaneously from him hitting you, as well as gaining (X-1) from hitting everything else. So even if you did this at 1 life, you'd survive.
>>
>>43457538

Technically yes, but if that's what you're doing you aren't playing this card because you're playing Dredge or Oops All Spells.

The only deck that would want to go near this card is Storm, and for Storm this is just a worse Past in Flames for a few reasons:

>only useful if overloaded (8 mana)
>overload cost includes RRR
>doesn't have flashback (Past in Flames does)

also, EDH is worst format
>>
>>43457637
Not unless the ability states that he has to be, which it doesn't. Abilities on the stack exist independently of the source, see Perilous Myr for a similar effect where a dead thing is doing damage.

There ARE cases where the creature needs to still exist on resolution of an ability for the effect to matter. Things like "target creature you control fights target creature you don't control" and it's old templating on Durkwood Tracker are good examples, but they're governed by intervening If clauses that check on both activation and resolution.
>>
>>43457217
Judge foil or possibly a printing in Shadows over Innistrad.
>>
>>43457720
Oh ok, thanks.
>>
>>43457646
That's sweet, and yeah I knew the part about me not taking any damage, just curious how lifelink would work with him being dead. Thanks man :)
>>
>>43456929

>4/4 flyer for 5 with conditional buffs and indestructibility

And a resounding "meh" was heard miles away.

I'm pretty disappointed with this series of commander products. Experience could have been a much more interesting mechanic... if they decided to do anything interesting with it. Instead, all we get is the most obvious shit for each of them. And the alternate commander aren't looking that much better.
>>
File: Oversized Erebos 4x6.png (135 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
Oversized Erebos 4x6.png
135 KB, 288x432
I want to put this on one of the oversized cards I have laying around. Easiest way to put it on it? I've seen some tutorials on how to "proxy" shit before on youtube but they were all kinda old, plus none dealt with oversized cards. halp pls
>>
File: greatoakguardian.jpg (38 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
greatoakguardian.jpg
38 KB, 265x370
>combos with Kiki-Jiki/Splinter Twin
Hilarious that it'll probably do this more than its intended use of combat trickery
>>
>>43458107
Oh man, that's a fun card. I don't know where I would run him, but I love interesting overrun effects.
>>
>>43457680
The major difference here is that everything you cast is for free. Fucking FREE, Anon! If you only have 8 mana to use while hard casting Past in Flames then you're only able to cast 4 CMC in other spells. With Mizzix's Mastery you could cast cards worth way more than just 8 CMC that you've been building up through the game.

Plus once you cast it every instant and sorcery in your graveyard would already be exiled, so it'd be pointless to add flashback. If you can't win after casting it the first time then you're probably bad at Magic.
>>
>>43457005
Goodstuff.dck sells more singles.
SCG seal of approval.
>>
>>43458158

If you have 8 mana with Past in Flames, then you have 4 mana leftover to cast other spells. This is technically true, but in Storm the other spells you're casting are rituals, which produce mana.

Have you ever played Storm or seen Storm played before?

The flashback on Past in Flames is relevant if it gets into the graveyard.
Example: Your initial Tendrils doesn't drain for lethal, but your Past in Flames and Tendrils are in the graveyard. In this scenario you need to build up a lethal storm count (whatever it may be), flashback Past in Flames, and flashback Tendrils for the win.
>>
>>43456929
After the shit they pulled with BFZ's Expeditions to get people to buy their shitty set in droves, watch Wizards put enemy fetches in the precons to sell Commander 2015. Charge a premium at 60 dollars too.
>>
>>43457267
>You love aristocrats in Modern, right?
>And in standard!
>Well, now you have aristocrats in EDH!

Dear god no.
>>
>>43457050
Have fun with your meme deck that's going to still run the typical UG cancer goodstuff to win.
>>
>>43458236
>i have never seen ghave before
nub
>>
>>43458236
Isn't EDH Aristocrats just Teysa, Orzhov Scion or Ghave, Guru of Spores?
>>
>>43458257
Thanks, I certainly will have fun.
>>
>>43458224
>not wanting fetches in precons
>>
>>43458261
I have never seen Ghave aristocrats. I've seen gave tokens and death engine but with 3 Blood Artists effects and 5 Husk effects the last thing I wanted to see was a free infinite persist enabling general.
>INB4 they print another Artist in this deck.
>>
>>43458310
>Expeditions
>bonuses
>almost everything in BFZ is fucking garbage and barely worth anything

Expeditions were added to carry a weak as shit set that they knew nobody was going to buy into for anything other than Limited format, which I'll admit is quite good, and nostalgia about the original Zendikar block.

Fuck off, idiot.
>>
>>43458363
If the captcha wasn't being a piece of shit I'd report you for shitposting.
>>
>MaRo hates Ezuri's Predation because he thinks Green should need to have a creature on the battlefield first to fight, not make creatures and then fight

God, I fucking hate this faggot.

It's not even in a real set, who the fuck cares. This game was more fun when they didn't adhere to the color pie like it was a fucking bible.
>>
>>43458107
Why are there roots on his hand? Wouldnt his feet have the roots? Was he doing a hand stand before he got up to be a tree baddie? Are his legs also trunks with roots? Was he on all fours with his tree ass up in the air? If he was on all fours then is this the first openly gay treefolk? His flavor text certainly makes sense if he is.
>>
>>43458448

i mean they still need to watch card balance since shit is allowed in legacy and vintage, otherwise you get shit like TNN. Adhering to the color pie just makes balance easier for them.
>>
>>43457000
You're seriously over-analyzing it dude.

The swords have a natural tint, it's probably supposed to be copper/bronze. Or, magic copper/bronze.
>>
>>43457628
Uhhhh senpai

This shit ain't standard legal.
>>
>>43458448
If they aren't careful with the color pie then color identity may as well not exist and the game would turn into a giant melting pot.
>>
>>43458524
That actually kinda makes sense already. Blue is the water/base, and all the other colors are simmering in it, slowly seeping into the broth. So its not a pie afterall, its a soup!
>>
>>43458059
You'd do it the exact same way.

Just need to make sure it prints to the same size as the over-sized card, easy enough.
>>
File: mahnameiswdge.jpg (103 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mahnameiswdge.jpg
103 KB, 1920x1080
>>43457013
But Anon, there's plenty of ways to build around her! Obviously the other RW angels are awesome to go with! Theres also a lot of ways to cut down your opponent's life total! (If you are running black) And don't forget we are getting an AMAZING new equipment called Scytheclaw!
>>
File: graspoffate.jpg (38 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
graspoffate.jpg
38 KB, 265x370
>>
>>43458684
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>43458684
>YOU GET AN OBLIVION RING
>YOU GET AN OBLIVION RING
>EVERYONE GETS AN OBLIVION RING
>>
>>43458684
Grasp of Fate? Groping Ground would be a much better name. Also fuck I hate it when things come back. I exiled because I wanted it gone forever.
>>
>>43458753
>Groping Ground
Well, you do see that one hand going straight for the Centaur's ass, so it'd be appropriate.
>>
How does everyone like Magus of the Wheel?
>>
>>43458865
I think he's a wheel good card
>>
>>43458880
CARLOS!
>>
Why are WBR commanders such pure shit?
>>
>>43458971
Because there are a total of 4.
>>
>>43457538
>Crucible of Worlds
>Cast mill spells on yourself all game while getting to eight mana
>Cast them all on your opponent

Sounds janky as fuck but could be fun____
>>
>>43459053
Don't even need to do that, just build up a high storm count and brain freeze yourself
>>
>>43458971
If tariel was more aggressively costed she would be quite good.
>>
>>43459270
>at random
>>
>>43459317
I play a Tariel deck. I very rarely not get what I want. Also untap shenanigans gives me their whole grave anyways so why cares?
>>
>>43459317
Beckon Apparation
Cemetery Reaper
Coffin Purge
Cremate
Eater of the dead
Nezumi Graverobber
Scrabbling Claws
Selfless Exorcist
Steamclaw
Withered Wretch(Best of the list)

Not to mention you can use any mass graveyard removal smartly.

You even trying bro?
>>
>>43458865
Not as good as Jace's Archivist, but Nekusar can run both, so it's fine
>>
>>43457538
I want to use this to make Shu-Yun huge
>>
>>43458865
I'm annoyed that he has 3 power because Alesha can't get him back. Sun titan and karmic guide can though so it will probably still get played
>>
File: 2318.jpg (20 KB, 276x380) Image search: [Google]
2318.jpg
20 KB, 276x380
>>43457013
She's super tech for Godzilla and friends, shamefully she is not a moth or a rodan.

However there could be a fun deck to play her in with crescendo of war, and this wonderful little time piece right here.
>>
>>43458510
I think he's talking hypothetically, look at the post he replies to.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unlimited-land-works/
IS IT WORTH IT TO PUT UGIN INTO THIS DECK? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING
>>
>>43458510
TESTING SOMETHING

senpai
>>
>>43459604
desu baka senpai
>>
>>43459604
>>43459611
Na na na

f am (remove the space) translates to sempai here.

I never knew.
>>
>>43459604
>>43459611
baka senpai desu
>>
>>43459611
>>43459619
I'm getting nostalgic.
>>
>>43459634
nobody cares
>>
>>43459645
Okay, senpai.
>>
Did I miss the shit posting?
>>
File: 200 Percent MAD.jpg (50 KB, 600x884) Image search: [Google]
200 Percent MAD.jpg
50 KB, 600x884
>>43456929
This is just another proof that Wizards can't design R/W cards worth shit.

Wear/Tear and Lightning Helix are just two cards mashed together. Everything remotely playable is just Standard shit, Boros Charm (another card of effects mashed together), token producers or
> "HURR, WE PUT LIGHTNING HELIX ON OVERCOSTED CARD X BECAUSE WE HEARD YOU LIKE LIGHTNING HELIX!"

Seriously, fuck this and fuck them.
>>
File: 1369944727138.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
1369944727138.png
1 MB, 750x1046
Even this old fucking custom card would have been cooler.
>>
>>43456971
I know right. Let's get things back on track. I'm building a u/g budget deck (don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on cardboard), but do want it to be pretty spirit of edh. Things like ramp, prophet of kruphix, consecrated sphinx, etc. Got any suggestions? No cancer pls
>>
File: image.gif (1024 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1024 KB, 500x354
>>43457442
>defense of the heart/tooth and nail
>sage of stupid bullshit
>deranged hermit/brood monitor/hornet queen/anything that lets another 4 bodies hit the floor

This can't possibly go wrong. Thanks G/U!
>>
>>43460186
>that last ability

Oh god no. Never ever ever. WR has the worst problems with draw and ramp that would destroy the deck.
>>
>>43460480
I think it's pretty good. 3 damage every turn and immune to sorcery speed removal. The blocker manipulation is potentially busted though. One would be fine but two is too good imo.
>>
>>43460551
I think you forgot the ''You never get to draw a new card ever''.
>>
a new card got spoiled it seems okay.
>>
>>43460565
Should you need a new card you could just decide to not play her this turn.
>>
File: file.png (206 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
file.png
206 KB, 265x370
>>43460569
Meteor Volley XRRR
Metero Volley deals 4 damage to X target creature or player.

It's... underwhelming
>>
>>43457056
Haha! Yes! This will show that UG deck that ends up with a forty card hand! This actually evens the playing field, thanks Wizards.
>>
>>43460588
>RRR

Why
>>
>>43457217
"And we'll never be foils"
"It don'the run in our blood"...
>>
>>43458753
Yeah, I've never thought cards with the return effects were that great in edh.
>>
>>43460660
because it'll be in Mizzix deck, most likely.
>>
>>43460588
The new legendary can reduce its cost so you can blow up a lot of stuff for cheap
>>
>>43460703
>>43460689
As stated before you have to judge it in a vacuum. In that deck it could very well be good. But what if I want to use it in another deck? RRR is very restrictive. To the point of unplayability.
>>
>>43460736
I wasn't saying ''it'll be in mizzix deck'' to forgive it, just that they might have been worried about balancing it in regard with the appropriate commander.

Still extremely underwhelming.
>>
>>43460588
Can it target things more than once?
>>
>>43460825
nope.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (10 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
10 KB, 178x248
>>43457003
>>
>>43460835
And that is the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>43460835
why? it doesn't say "different targets"
>>
File: file.png (134 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134 KB, 223x310
>>43460870
It's the other way around. If it's not mentionned, it's different targets.

Look at Hex for exemple. If you have 4 creature and your opponents only have 2, you need to destroy your 4 creatures in addition to their 2. you cannot target their creatures multiple time.
>>
File: MtG_Ezuri's_Predation.png (263 KB, 876x1125) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Ezuri's_Predation.png
263 KB, 876x1125
So, MaRo says stuff like Ezuri's Predation is off-color. Thoughts?
>>
>>43460900
I think that it'd be fine if it was a 4/4 that fought on etb with also tokens that fight on etb, so I'm inclined to say it's not a very good argument, as the difference is pretty fine (the main one being that green is better at recurring creatures).
>>
File: FleshCarver.jpg (50 KB, 313x448) Image search: [Google]
FleshCarver.jpg
50 KB, 313x448
>>43457003
I just think he's neat
>>
>>43460870
I think the X implies that many targets have to be selected
>>
>>43460900
Don't take much of what MaRo says to heart, dude thinks devoid is a good mechanic.
>>
>>43460900
I follow him on Tumblr and honestly, he can make my blood boil with the shit he says.
I think an adherence to the color pie is in order, but sometimes thinking of creative manipulations to get an effect from one color into another makes for fun card design.
>>
>>43460151
This is because any WR combinations are army colours. If it isn't either direct damage, anthems or something to weaken the opposing creatures without resorting to -1/-1 counters, it's not part of RW. As far as design space in both red and white go, there's so little overlap other than small dudes beating the opponent over and over.
>>
>>43460900
I wasn't aware there was a jew that hated the color green.
>>
>>43460899 (checked)
drat
>>
File: ItsSoBeautifulCrying.gif (950 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
ItsSoBeautifulCrying.gif
950 KB, 500x250
>>43458684
>>
is anyone ready for how op vine centaur is going to be?
>>
>>43461231
I like how there's been a lot of powerful cards spoilered but nothing game breaking
except for the sword of selves, that's gonna be hilarious
>>
>>43461278
land destruction green can win now while everyone else is locked out of the game because they have no lands.
That sword is the strongest thing shown so far, imagine how many swords you can get with a stoneforge mystic.
>>
>>43460900
Spawning a bunch of creatures is green
Fight cards are green

Combining them somehow isn't green? Its effect isnt also even close to languish. His last statment is just silly, and makes it seem like green has to be all about creatures and tapping them and nothing else
>>
>>43461411
Red isn't allowed card draw
White isn't allowed kill spells
Black is allowed anything, but at a price
Green isnt allowed nonpermanent spells that do anything but acquire lands
Blue isn't allowed not to have everything
>>
>>43458448

Source?
>>
>>43460900
>>43461515
>>
>>43461487
you'd better be joking, negro
>>
File: Mephun Revoker of Law V2.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mephun Revoker of Law V2.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
Here is my fun times spicy snowflake commander OC. Yay or nay?
>>
>>43461487
>red isn't allowed to wheel
>white isn't allowed to kill attackers
>black is allowed to kill enchantments
>green isn't allowed to fight
>blue is da best memes
You didn't even try.

>>43461554
Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
>>
File: Please.jpg (30 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
Please.jpg
30 KB, 470x353
>>43457068
Sounds delightful
>>43457044
posting spider pics now
>>
File: Sorry to upset you anon-kun.jpg (103 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Sorry to upset you anon-kun.jpg
103 KB, 500x334
>>43457044
>>
EDH was a mistake

>Elder Dragon Highlander is a Magic: The Gathering variant which provides a way of encouraging casual, interactive games with a low barrier to entry while still requiring good deck building skills. It can be played 1-on-1 but is usually multiplayer.

Now its pay-to-win standard 2.0, t-thanks Wizards
>>
File: Hello!.jpg (90 KB, 565x482) Image search: [Google]
Hello!.jpg
90 KB, 565x482
>>43457044
Gotta have text to keep posting spiders
>>
File: Too spooky.jpg (113 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Too spooky.jpg
113 KB, 1200x800
>>43457044
Gonna bring a mason jar of spiders and when I cast this card I'll open it up and just poor it onto the table. Thus ending the edh game, myself victorious
>>
>>43461487
Seems mostly legit.
>Red isn't allowed card draw
I'd say Red isn't allowed to trade 2 for 1. Everything red does, is being quick. You mostly trade 1 for 1 in red, except maybe for bigger spells. Problem is, every other color is slower but out-values red starting at mid-range and going up to late game spells. That's why you usually don't play the bigger spells.

>Green isnt allowed nonpermanent spells that do kill other creatures, without relying on creatures
ftfy
>>
>>43457056
I'm so excited to put this card in my Peasant cube.
>>
>UGzuri and Aluren
Toppest of keks.
>>
>>43460900
well lets all just be thankful maro isn't in control of the commander card design, he's made standard shitty enough as it is.
>>
>>43460588
Why not just play mizzium mortars
>>
>>43461774
Multiplayer, also faces
>>
>>43461792
>4 damage to the face
Hardly matters compared to the mana added in cost
>>
>>43461792
>Multiplayer
Are you implying this is better because it doesn't just hit everything?
>Faces
4 damage to the face is nothing special
>>
>>43461411
See the first post in that picture.

Fighting is green.
Deathtouch is green.
Flash is green.

A creature with flash, deathtouch and ETB fighting combines those to be a spot removal card, something that is inherently not green and shouldn't be in green.

Combining different mechanics that exist in a color's slice of the pie to do something outside of that color's slice of the pie results is badwrongfun.
>>
>>43460565
Btw, how does the commander rules go here? I mean, usually you get to choose to put commander to command zone instead of library.
>>
>>43461588
I feel like it's mostly "actually incredibly competitive 100 card legacy singleton with no prizes and more salt than a bag of lays"

well in my meta at least
>>
>>43461487
Red isn't allowed long-term advantage.
White isn't allowed card draw.
Black is allowed to do anything, at a cost.
Green isn't allowed to effect the boardstate without lands or creatures.
Blue isn't allowed unconditional removal.

That's WotC's official stance.
>>
File: jundfu.jpg (32 KB, 355x466) Image search: [Google]
jundfu.jpg
32 KB, 355x466
I am quite happy right now.
>>
>>43461957
Seems good, can't wait to see how bad the BW one is
>>
>>43461957
LOOKS LIKE BG IS THE VALUE TRAIN THIS SEASON BOYS, ALL ABOARD
>>
>>43461957
why the fuck are the BG commanders so much better then the others?

4 for a 3/4 while most are 2/2, and exp counter is easy as fuck to get while having a huge value
>>
File: daxosthereturned.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
daxosthereturned.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>43461977
We've already seen the BW one (unless you're referrering to Karlov).
>>
>>43458684
Absolutely terrible. Unplayable.
>>
>>43461957
>battlefield
>not even the hand
WELP
>>
File: dwagon.png (168 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
dwagon.png
168 KB, 265x370
And here's her friend.
>>
>>43461957
I like how its clause allows you to recur something you really need through hard casting instead limiting it to the amount of counters you already have.
>>
>>43461957
Didn't someone pretty much exactly predict that one yesterday?

>>43461977
It's already out.
>>
>>43462042
ghost grandpa is out?
>>
>>43462020
compare that to the red dragon.

not even fair
>>
File: 137.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>43457003
Fuck the fucking Reserve List so fucking hard.
>>
>>43462062
I think they're referring to Daxos and his underwhelming experience counter ability
>>
>>43462020
could this see play in Legacy/vintage in some kind of dredge deck?
>>
>>43462062
No, Daxos is the B/W part of the experience counter cycle.

For some reason people don't communicate which of the two cycles they're talking about. Not very helpfull.
>>
>>43462090
I think Daxos has a pretty good ability. It isn't too difficult to build an enchantment heavy deck so that he can pump out big tokens
>>
>>43462100
SPECULATORS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43462100
Nope. The BB cost kills it.
>>
>>43462009
>>43462042
I meant the one we haven't seen
>>
>>43460900
Maro on red is even more infuriating.
>>
>>43462107
Best way to specify is to refer to the ones that deal with experience counters as the main commanders and the ones that don't as alt commanders. For the BW precon, Daxos is the main commander while Karlov is the alt commander.
>>
>>43462121
I'm not saying he's bad, but in comparison to Meren, he's just underwhelming

Also as a primarily BW player I was hoping for more
>>
>>43462126
Oh well. Definitely playable in most black EDH decks though.
>>
>>43462009
>THEROS JUST HAD AN ENCHANTMENT SUBTHEME THE MAIN FOCUS IS GREEK MYTHOLOGY STOP CALLING IT AN ENCHANTMENT MATTERS BLOCK

Sure, WotC. That's why literally every Theros-centric card since Theros has been enchantment-based.
>>
>>43461898
>not playing with friends and making the jankiest, funnest decks you can
>not drinking beer and tossing out high fives whenever a ridiculous combo resolves
>>
>>43462158
>sacrificing two creatures at sorcery speed for a vanilla 6/6 flyer
Unless you're drowning in tokens I don't find it that great. The normal cost of 7 is steep too.
>>
>>43462068
Seriously:

Red:
>Body to weak for mana cost
>Abillity dependent on dealing combat damage
>gets you virtual card advantage, but you need to use it in the same turn

Black:
>Relevant body
>Can come back from the grave for reasonable cost
>That cost fuels your commander/deck theme

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a cycle of these guys and red is the worst of them.
>>
>>43462133
But anon, didn't you know that red isn't allowed any form of advantage that isn't sorcery speed and UEOT?
>>
>>43462177
>BG
>not having tokens or dudes who want to hit the gy
>>
File: en_vBZoAOtOg0.png (176 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_vBZoAOtOg0.png
176 KB, 265x370
Waifu.

And a backstory of all things.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/all-cairns-jund-2015-11-04
>>
>>43462177
m8, it's an EXP grinder
>>
>>43462173
>not playing cutthroat anything goes edh over beers and brats with good friends.
>not getting progressively more drunk as games go on.
>not letting the winner of a game get out of paying for drinks that go around.

Why even live?
>>
>>43462198
Right, sorry, I was responding as someone who only runs mono B. Zombie swarms are entirely possible but not every mono B does that.

>>43462205
Guy I was responding to was talking about the dragon in other black decks, although not necessarily mono B.
>>
>>43461957
I'm in love
>>
>>43461571
Magus of the wheel is getting reprinted lmao at your life
>>
File: scourgeofneltoth.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
scourgeofneltoth.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
I can dig it
>>
>>43462297
Already got it brah
>>43462020
>>
>>43462326
Shit my bad
>>
>>43462226
Anyone who talks about loli is also likely a huge faggot so you should probably curb stomp them while you're at it, it's less than they deserve
>>
>>43462161
Someone on the design team gets it. I'm still pissed Theros wasn't enchantment Mirrodin.
>>
>>43461825
No, I was implying that mizium only hit one player's things which was incorrect of me.
>>
>>43462202
Oh fuck, new commander here we go.
>>
>>43461957
I like it. However, I don't know if it's actually worth playing or if I'm caught up in plauable cutie waifu mode.
>>
>>43462202
>Jund necromancer
Fucking radical
>>
>>43461067
He doesn't just hates green, he Hayes all non blue.
>>
Golgari waifu is almost enough to redeem this shitty product. So is the new command land.
>>
>>43462662
You should've read his justification for why looting belongs in blue along with normal card draw and why it isn't a red mechanic.
>>
>>43462799
This sounds hilariously rage worthy. I must see it!
>>
>>43462799
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/36869991165/i-dont-understand-maro-why-is-red-not-allowed-to

Heres the one where he says red does get looting. Did he flip flop?
>>
File: aethersnatch[1].jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
aethersnatch[1].jpg
40 KB, 265x370
>Gain control of target spell. You may choose new targets for that spell. If that spell is a permanent, that permanent enters the battlefield under your control.
>>
>>43462832
oh and its an Instant of course
>>
>>43462826
It was pretty recent, around the end of October.

He doesn't outright say it isn't a red mechanic, he simply says it's more blue than red and while he's on the design team, it will never not be a blue mechanic.
>>
>>43462202
I wish she was worded different.
>At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard and put that card in your hand. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, you may return it to the battlefield instead.

I'd prefer to option to put kicker/cast trigger creatures back into my hand if I prefer
>>
>>43462832
So commandeer but without the alternate cost, neat
>>
>>43460900
oh hey I got onto this picture!
>>
>>43462863
What isn't a blue mechanic under his iron rule?
>>
>>43462832
I'm gonna love having this with the r/u commander.
>>
>>43462927
His logic only lasts as far as green it seems, cause he completely disregards it in his latest post defending a blue card breaking the color pie.
>>
>>43462972
I mean this is the same person who keeps saying Delver is a blue card (should be a red card)
>>
>>43462832
>new Comandeer

aw yiss
>>
>>43462972
Green doesn't need to break the color pie because they completely redefine it just for green
>>
Anybody have that one article where rosewater apologized for the state of blue? I can't find it.
>>
>>43457005
Timmy pls go kill yourself

Autistis like you are the reason tucking went away
>>
>Get stuff to battlefield, otherwise still get stuff who cares we shit value here.
There's definitely a gap here. Still hoping the BW fat ghost is somewhat playable but I can tell its gonna be something something life drain.
>>
>>43463037
Is it an article about modern? Because blue is fucking awful in modern
>>
New shit aside, what are you guys hoping for as the reprint commanders?

Gisela alone makes me want to buy the WR deck, but what about the others?
>>
>>43463076
*bangs fists*

CRUCIBLE
>>
>>43463044
>Whenever an enchantment ETB, drain 1
>>
>>43463084
I said commander, not artifact

But I would appreciate a crucible of worlds reprint
>>
File: 1332194771409.jpg (162 KB, 522x399) Image search: [Google]
1332194771409.jpg
162 KB, 522x399
>>43462832
>Stealing someone's Thromok after they sac their whole board
>>
>>43463076
What was that artifact that taps to shit out snakes equal to the amount of counters on it? I might be remembering it wrong... But that one.
>>
>>43463161
>as it comes into play
>keep being food at magic tg
>>
>>43463161
I am not going to cast Thromok when the blue dude has 6 mana open.
>>
>>43463112
Please no
>>
>>43463186
Orochi Hatchery
>>
>>43463044
>we shit value here.

Too true, the BG commanders seem like they were designed to fight 2013 commanders
>>
>>43463199
What if you have cavern of souls?
>>
>>43463239
Okay, okay, it drains 2.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.