[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: Samson.jpg (8 MB, 3976x3056) Image search: [Google]
Samson.jpg
8 MB, 3976x3056
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Dawns are pretty cool. Describe your awesome combat stunts.
>>
So, I noticed that Invoking the Chimera's Coils from Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style still has the Celestial Keyword, despite it no longer being mentioned as a MA keyword, and the actual Terrestrial tag actually gives the charm a BUFF that it normally doesn't have. I'm thinking that was supposed to be a Mastery effect?
>>
>>43455008
That's what it looks like, and of the formatting problems that one is minor, there are other charms in Martial Arts that have tags with no rules text as well.
>>
Reminder that Rich, Holden, and Morke are liars.
>>
>>43455130
We know, we just don't care as long as we get our game.
>>
File: Lunar Martial Arts.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Martial Arts.gif
2 MB, 400x226
I should be starting a game soon and I'm kind of excited. I'm not sure if I should take investigation or socialize as a favored ability, as a Night Caste Assassin
>>
>>43455219
Holden You Down And Sticking It In
>>
>>43455260

Come on we all know Holden doesnt stick it in, that'd be rape
>>
>>43455219

Is Rakan Thulio taken? They'd probably be to busy circle jerking at their own brilliance to bother banning you
>>
>>43455277
>>43455219

"That'd Be Rape" confirmed name.
>>
>>43455219
Cowrie Shell Exchange Rate
>>
>>43455219
I mean, I'm not sure if it's the critique or the acting like an obnoxious twat, but either way go for it.
>>
>>43455341
What is your masterful critique of 3E, anyway?
>>
>>43455219
Huck Folden
>>
>>43455376

Too hot for the official forums! The secrets the devs dont want you to know!
>>
>>43455406
You're not the Namefag!
>>
>>43455416
Well, if we just go by your arguments last thread, I'm not expecting very much.
>>
>>43455219
Haunting And Seduction
>>
>>43455461

hasnt the development of 3rd edition thought you anything? Keeping stuff secret makes it amazing for...reasons
>>
>>43455505
Except you didn't keep it secret, you just posted it last thread.

Also stop emptying your namefield to samefag, fag.
>>
>>43455522
Strength of Many no.

You were very verbose and incoherent when you whined about people not grokking your arguments.
>>
>>43455577
Oh jesus christ.

No listen, this is not your fanclub, okay? We don't care who you are.
>>
>>43455193
There are good reasons to take either of them. A shadow in the night who can profile his targets and reconstruct events from evidence, or one who can take off the mask and schmooze with the best of them, making contacts and picking up information that'll help him in his night job, both of these things are respectable character concepts.

It's really just a question of whether you want them more than other things you could favor.
>>
>>43455655
Ok holden
>>
>>43455655
Ok Holden.
>>
For the love of christ, people, just stop feeding the trolls. These threads get shittier every single time a new one's made.
>>
>>43455733
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's maybe a couple of samefags anyways, I'm done.
>>
Can Gambits be defended against, or do they automatically succeed once the goal number's hit?
>>
>>43455800
Gambits also require an attack roll, most of the time.
>>
>>43455823

So how does that work then? You beat their defense as normal and roll to succeed on the gambit instead of rolling damage?
>>
>>43455800
>>43455862
Exactly.
>>
>>43455862
Yes. That's why the cost to do gambits are way cheaper than attacks that can severely damage or kill a person.
>>
So, now that we've hashed out Resistance in the last few threads and come to the conclusion that it's actually pretty good (caveats that yes, it needs a lot of investment and the power needs to be more evenly distributed across its charms), are we to the point where we can actually call it a primary defense?
>>
>>43456118
If you Supernal it, absolutely. Resistance's utility is overwhelmingly locked into a few non-E1 Charms.
>>
>>43456118
Only if you Supernal it. Otherwise, it's still an expensive second line, until about E3/4
>>
>>43455534

I didnt post anything in the last thread, its almost like I'm *gasp* not the same guy
>>
>>43455416

Please share it here.

I need good humor. You're so fucking stupid that you bring a smile to my face.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>43456512

Wrong again. You should get yourself psychologically checked out if you think everyone is holden, but I congradulate you on being mentally ill. I usually need to act like that.

Everyone just ignore the man. The only thing that's going to happen is that he'll post on OPP forums, get banned/deleted and have nothing to show as he cannot phrase a debate in a manner without coming off as an asshole.

I realize this while replying to him, but hey.
>>
>>43456642
>I realize this while replying to him, but hey.

>>43455733
>>43455733
>>43455733
>>43455733
>>
>>43456141
So, are we still Dex 5 or die? I have a dream where I can actually put my starting dots into other attributes. Not that I have anything against Dex specifically, but there are times when I'd like to roll Str or Sta for flavor reasons.
>>
>>43456642

Holden confirmed. How is your new laptop? If you don't like criticism maybe you should have made a better system and not this piece of shit.
>>
>>43456661
It's still the best of the physical stats, but stamina is a lot more useful this edition. Since the system is a lot less lethal overall, Dex 5 goes from being necessary to being strongly recommended, which isn't a WHOLE lot better, but eh. It's better than it was before, especially since you get Solar EXP purely so you spend EXP on shit other than charms for once.
>>
>>43456661

Dex is the most important attribute still, but you won't be quite as useless if you don't max it out as you would in previous editions.
>>
>>43456720
This. You still want it at at least 3 though if you plan to be a fighter of any sort.
>>
What happens if your dicepool is reduced to zero? Say your -4 health level gets filled and your struck with poison. Can you not do anything with that dice pool? Can you still use your Excellency? Can you still stunt for more dice?
>>
>>43456979
>Can you still use your Excellency? Can you still stunt for more dice?
I'd allow both of those.
>>
>>43457101
Same here. Excellency cap limits are based on your unmodified Att + Ability rating.
>>
>>43454852
What... What is that comic? I must know.
>>
>>43457328

What is it with people in Exalted threads being unable to click the arrow and do a google image search?
>>
Does Soul Voice obviate Willpower costs, or just mote costs? It's an Essence 5 Charm on the one hand, but on the other hand I feel like buying up 15 Performance Charms and free-riding them all with Penultimate Unity of Form for a total of 0 motes, no anima increase, no Willpower - even once a scene - is kind of stupid. Granted you can't throw the sex Charms in there (why did they make them so strong?! I don't want to want them, where is the meta Red Rule when I need it) but it's still pretty horrific.

I know Memory-Reweaving Discipline is broken. But! Is it a social influence action, allowing it to be broken even harder, or are Simple Psyche Charms their own thing? I can't tell what I can combine it with.

Martial Arts. Having gone over this a bunch now, I can't honestly see how the fuck buying multiple copies of the MA skill is ever justified, and it's a real problem because mixing styles is how you're meant to advance given that every MA tree is sealed and you can't use Brawl to back yourself up. Am I missing something that makes this less useless?

Why is Socialize better than Integrity at social defense?
>>
>>43457328
It's from a comic called "The Legacy of Luther Strode".

The art is ... Leifieldian.
>>
>>43456860
Well, the idea I have in mind isn't so much to be a fighter as just to not die easily in incidental combats. I also really dislike going 3/3/3 on my secondary attributes, so I was thinking of rolling a 3/2/4 physicals.
>>
>>43457489
>tfw ropey dickvein arms
>>
File: qRtM6dV.png (551 KB, 637x773) Image search: [Google]
qRtM6dV.png
551 KB, 637x773
>>43457573
>>
>>43457557

That looks more like Shigurui.
>>
>>43457461
Simple charms of any stripe are their own action. You can flurry it with something separate, but you can't straight graft it onto another action unless you've got another charm that does that.

As for the MA thing... it's basically just an XP tax to keep you from being able to get multiple styles easily. But the shit ton of charms in each tree already do that. It makes me suspect that they really just don't want people taking Supernal MA unless it is literally the only thing they're good at.
>>
>>43457611
It's probably a way to powercap MA solars that they'll find a workaround for for Sidereals and DBs
>>
>>43457780
We already have those Celestial and Mastery tags to power cap non-Siddie martial artists, though. Granted, at the moment they mostly apply to DBs, but it's not a big stretch to think that there'll be similar keywords in SMAs to keep all the best goodies out of Celestial hands.
>>
>>43457461
>Martial Arts. Having gone over this a bunch now, I can't honestly see how the fuck buying multiple copies of the MA skill is ever justified, and it's a real problem because mixing styles is how you're meant to advance given that every MA tree is sealed and you can't use Brawl to back yourself up. Am I missing something that makes this less useless?

I suspect that they gated MA so heavily because you can spend solar XP on MA charms, while you cannot do so on regular charms. If you remove the MA split there's more incentive to pick up MA, as you will be able to purchase charms without using "real XP" faster. How much this actually matters I don't know.
>>
>>43458116
But then the question is, why allow spending of Solar XP on Martial Arts then? If you remove the split style abilities and the merit gate, you can also remove that part as well, can you not?
>>
>>43457780
I don't think so - or at least, it's a stupid way.

If you take Melee, or Brawl, you're combat-competent with an infinite expansion of Charms awaiting you.

If you take Ebon Shadow, once you buy all the Ebon Shadow Charms, that's it. Now, Ebon Shadow helps you to be stealthy a little, but like all the "kinda do other things" Styles it's a supplement rather than a replacement, you still need Stealth Charms. So you're getting a solid combat and stealth mix, but your total efficacy has a cap of when you finish the style, and that doesn't hold up very long especially since the style only goes to Essence 3.

So you're supposed to buy more Martial Arts, since you can't combine MA with anything but other MA so there's no point in going to Melee or Brawl. Except...first you have to buy an entire extra Ability up to 5. That gets prohibitive really quickly and given the 4-dot Merit buy in you're already eating it just feels like too much.

There should be some kind of learning a new style tax, but 5 dots of an incredibly narrow Ability isn't the way to do it.

I'm considering a houserule that makes the Martial Artist Merit 3 dots and dropping the Brawl prereq as well, but you have to repurchase it for each Style you want to initiate into. Those repurchases would replace the need to raise MA to 5 in a new category.
>>
>>43458116
Yeah, that's the balancing factor. Individual MA charms are really, really strong compared to individual Solar charms, but are usually pretty expensive charm to charm motewise

Celestial Tiger Hide is the most powerful soak-adder charm outside of Aegis of Invincible Might. Puts everything else in Resistance to fucking SHAME, while being way cheaper.

5m for +Strength Soak and +Essence Hardness as a fucking scenelong? Which can be boosted with ISE, which combos like fucking crazy with Tiger Form and Striking Fury Claws?

Compared to Spirit Strengthens the Skin, which is +1 soak per mote for ONE attack, capped by your natural soak from STAMINA. Which, unlike Strength, can't be boosted. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>43458116
>>43458137
Yeah, I totally missed that. Why the FUCK...I can see the idea, I guess, MA is like Sorcery, it's weird and external, but how did the idea survive playtesting?! MA used to be crap compared to Native Charms, which is where letting it soak up Solar XP would make sense, but now it's pretty much a sharp arc that starts at worse-than-Native and ends at better-than-Native.

So in theory that might work for the dedicated multi-stylist, but now the guy who just wants a basic combat suite, a single Style, can pick that up with fucking Solar XP on the side in exactly the way you're not supposed to be allowed to use Solar XP and hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

why

why overcomplicate it
>>
>>43458193
okay.

so: MA can no longer be purchased with Solar XP
MA is no longer separated into categories
each style you want access to requires a 3-dot Merit

anything else?
>>
>>43458193
I'm going through frustrations trying to write up a set of Mortal Techniques to bridge the fluff gap that now exists and that whole issue is a little hump for it.

>>43458204
I would say even less for the merit if any, my current drafting houserule has them as 1 dot.
>>
>>43458215
If you're not charging for multiple Abilities, 1 dot is way too cheap. MA actually are really good and being able to waltz across trees shouldn't be too trivial. It just shouldn't feel like shit either.

I feel like the system should shoot for three MAs being the sweet spot for a focused martial artist, the point at which costs start to outweigh gains relative to finding other things to do with your XP.
>>
>>43458334
Maybe two as a middle ground, because my main issue with MA being a four dot merit is "Why would I spend a useless dot on brawl and this merit when I could buy Melee and a four dot artifact sword for less investment?"
>>
I come into the exalted thread hoping for some thought provoking discussion. Hoping to see something that will make me consider something I hadn't for my campaign.

I come in here and see it's 90% shitposting about Holden and saying 3E is shit.

For fuck sakes guys can you stop? We need a new fucking general just for all the shitposters.
>>
>>43458555
>For fuck sakes guys can you stop?
No.
>>
>>43458555

>I come in here and see it's 90% shitposting

Welcome to 4chan

>saying 3E is shit.

Well what do you want us to say? Lie and pretend it is good?
>>
>>43458164

3e does say if the ST lets you, you can make custom expansions for an MA style.

It's hella rare and difficult to do so though.
>>
>>43458594
I want people to fucking discuss the game, not just regurgitate the same 'it's shit' repeatedly. Hell I don't even see many arguments as to WHY it's shit anymore.

As for the shitposting, yeah I expect some shitposting on 4chan. It's 4chan. Lately however the threads have little to no substance about the actual game. Just Holden is a liar. 'Okay Holden.' Etc. Etc. Etc.
>>
>>43458634

You're feeding the trolls.

Don't.

We're having a discussion on MA right now, and if you keep baiting he'll most likely come back.
>>
>>43458655

>discussing how to fix the shitstain that is the Martial Arts merit and ability split

We knew how to solve it long ago. You are just regurgitating the same shit we discussed months ago.
>>
>>43458676

I posted one other time in this topic before making that post.

I said 'MA'. I didn't specify 'what' about MA, and quite frankly anything is welcome at this point.
>>
>>43456118
Can someone give me the low-down on what this is supposed to be? Playing with a supernal resistance because I loved resistance charms in 2nd, so would like to know what's changed.
>>
>>43458555
Protip: bitching about shitposting encourages shitposting. Responding to shitposting encourages shitposting.

Stay on topic and only respond to posts that aren't garbage. Eventually the shitposters will get bored and fuck off.

Also, probably safe to filter all posts that mention Holden, since virtually nobody who has any intention of carrying on a serious conversation is talking about him lately. That should cut down on the amount of visible shitposts.
>>
>>43458830

>step one bring a catapult
>step two launch yourself into the enemy
>step three activate Adamant Skin Technique when you hit the ground/your enemies as falling damage.
>step four when Aegis of Invincible Might Procs become god and attack every round. You will be dazed for a few turns but just keep attacking with lower dice pools.

If you lack a catapult you can still hold out pretty well and if you get decisive attacked when not crashed activate AST and then enjoy your Aegis.
>>
>>43458840
Yep. I got baited. I've actually bothered for the first time to use filters. Done.
>>
>>43458890
Hahaha, holy fuck, I can see that working. Cannonball Sun Technique?

I like it. Cheers man.
>>
>>43458942

This is actually what one of my player's plans on doing since we are doing a West game. He just launches into the enemy ship using contraptions he builds based off of this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMUU6jvQ2k
>>
>>43458634
>>43458655

>We're having a discussion on MA right now, and if you keep baiting he'll most likely come back

And we've had some really good discussions about Resistance the last few threads, too. Just put on your boots and wade through the shit and you'll find the good stuff.
>>
>>43458890
>>43458942

>Not using Immortal Commander's Presence to let your catapult squad drop you exactly on top of the enemy general.
>>
>>43455219
Hamsterwheel
>>
any word on the gofundme for holden's laptop yet?

inquiring minds want to know when the next fraud begins
>>
>>43455219
>>43459358
Actualy, Holden's Laptop wouldn't be bad as a nick.
>>
>>43455179
Well, mismanagement and customer base dissatisfaction (a consequence of them being liars) might influence Paradox when it will evauate wether OPP should keep the license to publish their intellectual property
So, the core is pretty much a given now unless they fuck up distribution but Rich and Holden and Morke being liars could mean anything Exalted for the future is kill
>>
>>43460107
No matter how it is I can't see things going well for OPP.
It's not like CCP who almsot seemed to buy WW as an afterthought. Paradoz has already announced it has plans for videogames and "multimedia".
If those plans include tabletop gaming I think it will have White Wolf properly develop and publish their material to be sure everyone plays ball - after gutting OPP for talent of course... Not that there's anything to gut, everyone is a freelancer
If thsoe plans don't include tabletop gaming, why risk another comnpany touching intellectual property they want to use for their own projects?
>>
>>43456677
>Doesn't suck the troll's dick
>shill

You people are the most hypocritical bunch I have seen in a very, very long time.
>>
>>43460699

He just can't get the devs dick out of his mouth making him a shill.
>>
>>43461254
Yes, anon, asking people to actually discuss the game absolutely is the same as asking people to only say good things about the game.
>>
>>43461471
>And by that I mean booting you know who and placing together a group competent devs with new management and better direction as they create the new WW group.
I wouldn't mind that, but if we do get a new group of devs it should still include Holden and Morke - only with, you know, someone with authority keeping them in line. Any possible new group of devs should also continue with 3E rather than developing a new edition. What we have is actually pretty good, good enough to be a solid foundation for a new edition.
>>
>>43461471
I don't want to wait for such a restructuring, that means years of delays and we've waited long enough for new exalted books, which at minimum are playable. At worst they just stop making exalted books because unless I'm mistaken, one of the reasons these guys got the jobs as devs is that RictT literally could not find anyone else who wanted to work on the game without getting any money until the thing is actually published. I doubt that's changed significantly even with the change in overlordship.
>>
>>43456141
Reminder that second line defenses that have to be activated simultaneously with first line defenses are shit.
>>
>>43461510
At this point would you pay for a hypothetical 3.5 update with fixed rules?
Obviously not a new core, kinda like a patch book overwriting certain questionable sections and collecting errata and faq
>>
Why was not designed a new system, as they are doing for Scion?
>>
>>43461604
Personally, I wouldn't mind delays if it means bringing in a new team, getting rid of Horke and improving the product that exists by making things more explicit so you don't need 60+ houserules out of the box, getting a competent layout designer, replacing some of the shoddier art, adding some of the sections that should've been there and general writing improvement, particularly around charms. The rest of the book is acceptable.
>>
>>43461604
RictT literally could not find anyone else who wanted to work on the game without getting any money until the thing is actually published
Yeah no I'll never believe the propaganda about holden and morke working for free and literally starving (and not being treated for cancer) for our sins
>>
>>43461713
Because of not being the want.
>>
>>43461680
Eh, I don't think the rules need that much fixing. Aside from Craft any fixes should just be errata, and it wouldn't even need to be particularly extensive errata. Still, I might well pay for something like that. I'd be cool with having the rules be as they are now as well, though.
>>
>>43461729
>Yeah no I'll never believe the propaganda about holden and morke working for free and literally starving (and not being treated for cancer) for our sins
Then getting paid when the book is officially out and no sooner isn't particularly unlikely or unbelievable. This doesn't mean they were staving, though, as I'm pretty sure they don't make their livings primarily by writing RPGs.
>>
>>43461729
You know they didn't get paid by the hour right? Onyx Path has no money for that shit. They got wages for the book, and they got a bonus from the Kickstarter. That was pretty good money, if they had gotten the book out when it should have been. Instead they were going for something like three years on one year's wages. Basically to work as a developer, you need a second job.
>>
How valid is it to just use Solar Cross-Counter and Essence Gathering Temper in response to a withering attack, forfeiting your defense?
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg (312 KB, 730x1032) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg
312 KB, 730x1032
>>43454852
>Describe your awesome combat stunts.

How does stepping across airborne roof tiles to get a running start for Thunderbolt Attack Prana sound? What about running up a wall, jumping off the ceiling and using the momentum to execute a speed-of-sound flying kick? Or maybe wrapping up an opponent in a Dire Chain, jumping from the edge of a railing and channeling essence through the chain so the ensuing force cuts him to ribbons?
>>
>>43461870
Very valid, just remember that you actually have to take damage for cross counter, soaking it all does not count.
>>
>>43454852
>Describe your awesome combat stunts.

My party once managed to find, restore and use a 4 dots artifact giant flying ship. They went full power of friendship, expended most of their essence to allow the Full Moon Lunar to use it as a sword for one attack which managed to destroy the bbeg but pulverized his own arms. It was awesome
>>
>>43461921
Yeah, that's why I'm just using EGT rather than SST+IST. I figure it's a risky move though, if they defend against the Counter then you just let them crash you for nothing. If they didn't defend, you probably just Heaven Thunder Hammered them into the scenery.
>>
>>43462044
>it's guaranteed there will be actual oversight over product creation which means they can afford to actually hire some good writers and actually pay them with Paradox giving them funding.
Is it? Is Paradox so terrible a business that they're willing to put more money into an enterprise than they can get back?
>>
>>43461781
Isn't the reason it took so long because this was their secondary job. I was pretty sure this gig was just second to whatever job or schooling they were still doing. Which is the problem with tabletops writers probably get the least out of making it.
>>
We interrupt your regular shitposting for a question about the game:

How direct or indirect are Satrapies/realm client states ruled by the Satraps?
I know sometimes the Satrap is straight-up King/Governor and rules directly, but can they also for example let a local ruler nominally keep his job as a figurehead while they 'advise' him or set up a young relative of the old ruler as a puppet?
>>
>>43462204
Sounds pretty likely. Look at the way Britain operated, it was really whatever worked.
>>43462227
Sure, but the white wolf products don't make enough money to pay real wages anymore. Paying wages in advance is going to cost them money.
>>
>>43462204
Most of the time the Satrap is less powerful than the Ruler of the place. All they do is ensure taxes to the Realm.
But they are still DB with a legion detachment with them, where the ruler might just have a militia.
>>
>>43462044
You're retarded if you think Paradox gives a shit about any other property besides WoD, and only to make videogames with.

The tradgames 'industry' is pretty much a cottage industry unless you're D&D, and Paradox would be retarded to mess with OPP, which is essentially paying *them* for the chance to give their IPs free publicity.
>>
>>43461471
They won't be restructuring OPP, OPP isn't owned by WW, it just licenses the IP from them. If Paradox wants to shut down WW, it'll be by yanking the licenses (World of Darkness and Exalted). I believe OPP bought Scion and Adventure/Aberrant/Trinity outright, so those are OPP's for keeps.

Exactly what terms exist of the licenses is not publicly known. It might be time-based or for X-books. White Wolf might have the right to buy it back for a certain amount or might not.

Until more information is about, it's premature to assume Paradox can just shut OPP's shit down.
>>
Since supernal treats your essence as 5 for the purpose of meeting the pre-reqs to buy and upgrade charms, does this mean, RAW, an E10 melee supernal Solar can't buy e6-10 melee charms?
>>
Crusader Kings 2: Realm Civil War when?
>>
>>43462354
By RAW, yes, but you're not supposed to go above 6 anyway. Anyone that's not an imbecile understands that your actual Essence would take precedence.
>>
>>43462352
Given that Rose Bailey knew about this deal for weeks and it didn't seem to affect OPP's plan for WoD any, that sounds about right.

>>43462354
It'd be dumb to think that, and they're probably not going to bother with E6-E10 anyways.
>>
>>43462367
Stop spamming this in every thread.
>>
>>43459550
Fuck. I'm sick of Holden jokes but even I find this hilarious.

Voting for Holden's Laptop.
>>
>>43462408
You made the wrong post if you're sick of Holden jokes, friend!
>>
>>43462448
ok Holden
>>
File: cenasayan1.webm (583 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
cenasayan1.webm
583 KB, 960x540
What would a Ess10 Solar be like?
>one of the first 300 original Solars
>outlived the Primordial War and the Usurpation
>another sorcerer made him immortal
>has been focusing on training and enlightenment since the end of the War, that's 5k years
>>
>>43462391
Eh, I just report him. it ought to stick after a while
>>
>>43461713
Because although OPP owns Scion and does whatever the fuck they want with it, they don't own Exalted and when CCP says "Storyteller or bust" you comply.
>>
>>43462463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMReCEcHiM
>>
File: 2991003-3461272823-tumbl.png (170 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2991003-3461272823-tumbl.png
170 KB, 500x500
>>43462463
>>
>>43462367
>>43462390

I agree it'd be dumn to rule it that way (and you're unlikely to be in an E6+ game - though they've released E6+ charms before) I just wanted to check that was the RAW reading.

I just found it notable, especially since it's easilly handled by a 'may' or the like. And sure, in this case the intent is obvious, but I'd always push to tighten up the rules - I've seen too many times multiple people have multiple views as to the intent of some rule or charm (me and my ST still disagree on how Rush is meant to interact with the target moving multiple range bands).
>>
>>43462468
Namefag McGee, plz.

Second, how much money do you think people make off of pen and paper games? What is it like, in the distant past of 1994?
>>
File: obama_laughing_rectangle.jpg (275 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
obama_laughing_rectangle.jpg
275 KB, 660x440
>>43462578
>implying WoD as a pen and paper game makes even makes a tenth of D&D's money, or even enough money for Paradox to give a shit about.

D-do you think Hasbro shells out cash-money to D&D because they love Gygax's vision or what?
>>
>>43462354
>an E10 melee supernal Solar

That is not a thing that exists.
>>
>>43462578
>Implying Paradox doesn't make/have more money than Hasbro.
What fucking world are you living in?
>>
>When your character activates a Charm or other power, you may spend from either pool, but you can only split the cost between them if you don’t have enough motes in your chosen pool to pay the full cost.

Is this on a per-charm/power basis, or time/instant basis? For example, if I activate 2 charms simultaneously to enhance the same action, I can decide to pay one with personal and the other with peripheral? What I can't do is pay one of the two with a mix of pools unless I run out of one of them, yes?
>>
>>43462463

I'd have to imagine that would be the biggest pain in the ass for both dragonbloods and sidereals. In fact, I wonder what would immaculates -do- if they see an E10 solar. Just go "gg"?
>>
>>43462578
>Hasbro Revenue US$4.07 billion
>Paradox Revenue SEK 202 million
I thought you were trolling before, but now I see you're just retarded.
>>
File: qAzf1oW.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
qAzf1oW.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>43462696
w-which is what is happening when OPP pays them money to do the pen and paper rights.

Oh my god can you just shitpost on OPP's forums already? At least you'll be there until you're banned.
>>
>>43462780
>Hasbro Revenue US$4.07 billion
>Paradox Revenue US$23.4 million

At least convert things into the same units.
>>
>>43462874
I suppose I shouldn't have guessed that idiots could tell at a glance the sheer fucking difference.
>>
>>43462243
>Sure, but the white wolf products don't make enough money to pay real wages anymore.

Do like Marvel does with comics, and file the actual book writing under R&D.

Writing the books becomes a background expense attached to making games based on them, and it's a happy coincidence you can also sell the books to people.
>>
>>43462900
Hi virt!
Bye virt!
>>
>>43455130
Also, Holden apparently has the power to do whatever he wants with Exalted books including overriding the editor for them to reverse editorial changes.
>>
>>43462981
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>43462352
>I believe OPP bought Scion and Adventure/Aberrant/Trinity outright, so those are OPP's for keeps.
You are right.
Youi are also a fool if you think that means anything if they can't cash in WoD and Exalted money.
>>
>>43462990
>Yeah and if one of the revenues was done in Zimbabwe dollars you'd think that'd be the bigger money maker.
If you were a retard, yeah.
>>
>>43463030
Oh they totally are!

They just won't give a shit about the rpg.
>>
>>43462997
SLS, who was apparently the editor, said so on RPG.net.

>The second leak was after my contribution. You can tell because most of my edits have been implemented, but Holden disagreed with some of 'em.

Also, Holden had the power to basically kick the editor out for a substantial chunk of all that development time.

>After I submitted the 400k word manuscript and they cleaned it up and confirmed all my edits and gave it to Maria for layout, another leak happened somehow. That was when the circle of trust shrunk to the John, Holden, Rich, and Maria.
>>
>>43463100
You are telling me that the editor wasn't trusted with finalizing the manuscript and getting it ready for showing to the backers.
You are also telling me that SLS, who was a valued contributor back when Holden was still a vitriolic nobody on the forum, isn't deserving of trust.
This can't be real life.
>>
>>43463100
Color me shocked that the book ended up as decent as it did, then
>>
>>43462990
Even with Paradox's in SEK, the difference is huge in Hasbro's favor.

Notice that Hasbro's number is in billions. With a "b".
>>
>>43462904

For me to tell at a glance the sheer fucking difference requires me to have some notion how much a Krona is worth relative to a dollar. There are currencies were Hasbro's revenue would be measured in the thousands and currencies where Paradox's revenue would be measured in the billions - comparing amounts in two different units is at best moronic and at worst deliberatively deceptive.
>>
>>43463100
I mean I looked at the conversation, and the editor then said:

>Yup. There's no "Tyrant Holden prevented editor Stephen Lea Sheppard from getting a rightful second pass at the manuscript because he is a control freak." It was more like "Editor did not get another pass because we were way past due and Maria was chomping at the bit to lay the files out, and sending it back to Lea would have delayed another month."

It's not as bad when you look at the actual context.
>>
>>43462981
I think that's pretty standard; he's the developer. I mean, God help us that he is, but he is. Developer trumps editor trumps writer is fairly standard.
>>
>>43463154
Yes, I was being deliberately deceptive. I decided to make it look like Paradox's revenue was higher while calling someone a retard for claiming it was higher. You fucking tool.
>>
>>43462044
>I disagree I'd rather they shitcan their dumbasses and go 4e on our asses and something radically different from the current mess of bullshit and legacy mechanics. And has a chance of actually being good for once instead of being vaguely playable shit.
But "the current mess of bullshit and legacy mechanics" already is good. Not great, not a hobby-changing masterpiece, but good. Assuming that 4E would surely be better is kind of overly optimistic.

>>43462204
>can they also for example let a local ruler nominally keep his job as a figurehead while they 'advise' him or set up a young relative of the old ruler as a puppet?
This is the default way of going about things, as far as I know. Some satraps rule more directly, and this is probably more common now that the Empress isn't around, but it's an exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>43463160
"We need to get this out the door right now or it will make people more mad than they already are after waiting two years" isn't really a good reason, though.

I mean, haven't people already found tons of small errors in the backer PDF, even leaving aside the layout problems?
>>
>>43463251
I mean, the backers were butthurt enough to try to do a class action suit against the devs, I don't think they'd have tolerated more delays.
>>
>>43463160
>another month
wait, since when does doing an editing pass take a month?

and why was it all or nothing instead of "regularly send things to the editor to the review"?
>>
>>43463292
Iunno. Get an rpg.net account and ask him.
>>
>>43463193
Anon, you're completely missing the point, which is that comparing sums measured in two different currencies without mentioning the relative values of those currencies is retarded, and calling someone who points that out a retard is even more so.
>>
>>
>>43463376
>There's a reason that cliche about Insanity and repetition became a cliche.
It's funny that most of science is insanity.
>>
>>43463402
Avoiding that situation is probably why Eye Of The Cat and Subtle Silver Declaration work the way they do.
>>
>>43463376
It's pretty difficult to deny that Exalted 3E is different from 2E, anon. Whether it's good or bad in and of itself can still be debated while being reasonable, but the fact remains that it is a very different game.
>>
>>43463644
>it's exactly the same as 2E
>but it's also better than 2E.

Come onnnn. The only thing that's the same is that the Attributes and Abilities have the same names, and that it's a crunch-heavy system.
>>
>>43454852
i love that artist
his ANGR was so fucking good
shame they switched the artist and thus killed the series
>>
>>43463644
>over tacking on stupid subsystems that don't fix the problems present in the foundation.

Very good that the base system has changed too, then?
>>
>>43463719
It's still using Storyteller with BP/XP split, giant buckets of dice, none of the mechanical refinements from nWoD, etc.
>>
Why does every single Charm tree have an absolute shitload of Ability 5 charms? Socialize is 50 charms and has FORTY-TWO Ability 5 charms. Yet the book insists that having a 5 in any ability is extremely rare.
>>
>>43463759
>not liking the feeling of rolling buckets of dice
Please kill yourself
>>
>>43463775
Solars are extremely rare.
>>
>>43463775
Because charms are expressions of incredible skill. If you're not even as skilled as a mortal, how can you be skilled enough to do blatantly supernatural stuff?
>>
>>43463775
>>43463791
>>43463852

If i'm honest, I thought they just made stuff be skill 5 so people can't dip into them easily. Because attributes and abilities feel pretty arbitrary sometimes, unless it's appearance. Because everyone cares about how hot/ugly their waifu looks.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (26 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
26 KB, 800x522
>>43463759
So this is less 'the system is the same' and more 'the system does not use the things that I like'
>>
>>43464077
No, obviously the system ia bad for bot being fate and we should continue to insist Holden is a lying spaze-lizard that sets his laptop on fire or whatever the meme of the day is until he changes it.
>>
>>43460291
>after gutting OPP for talent of course... Not that there's anything to gut, everyone is a freelancer

...I wonder if Rich did this on purpose after CCP brain drained WW.
>>
>>43464426
I think it's more like he didn't want to spend money on useless things like hired workers or an actual office; people say stuff like "OPP is basically Rich and Ian making stuff in Rich's living room" and for a change I don't think that's hyperbole
I also suspect that this lack of hydentity has engendered zero loyalty in freelancers working for OPP who might be more than happy to jump ship if it comes to that; that guy who wrote for Mage already did psot something on Paradox's forums which coudl be read as a thinly veiled courting
>>
>>43464077

No you brain dead troglodyte its more, the basic systems are the same, you dumb fuck
>>
>>43464674
Please stop getting this mad about roleplaying games.

Combat, Social, War, etc. are almost totally changed.
>>
So, I have a question about battle groups and resistance.

So, Iron Kettle Body siphons initiative from the attacker to the Solar, but seeing as battle groups have inert initiative, does that counter IKB, or does it still work because the transfer isn't because of a withering attack? If the transfer still works, what happens when a battle group gets crashed?
>>
>>43464965
Give the Solar initiative for the 1s, but don't drain it from the battle-group.
>>
>>43465020

This.
>>
The Alchemicals Homebrew removed the Subcutaneous/Exoskeltal armor. It claims it was redundant? How the flying fuck is an always on soakbooster redundant?
>>
>>43464965
it would do nothing. you're not affecting their initiative in any way and there's no initiative loss to transfer to you.

Though i would throw the question up on the forums or the mechanical clarification thread and get an official answer.
>>
>>43465356

It was too powerful and didn't have the expansion space compared to the one I made.

If you really want it back you can add it. I just consider +10 potential always on soak to be far, far too strong.
>>
>>43465444
Compared to the what you made? I didn't see a replacement when I was glancing over it.

And it's good, yes, but you're paying both a commitment cost as well as taking up charmspace and you had to buy the charm again, too. Balances a bit.
>>
>>43461729
>>43461781
It is not exactly normal in the industry to withhold writer's wages until publication, although it is becoming more common.

That Holden and Morke fucked themselves over with a 2 year vacation from working isn't any concern of mine.

>>43462072
>Is it? Is Paradox so terrible a business that they're willing to put more money into an enterprise than they can get back?
Unequivocally, yes. Just take a glance at their production history. They're in it for the love of the game(s), not the money.
>>
>>43464809
>I don't understand anything

we get it

git gud
>>
>>43465895
Please calm down.
>>
File: 1420438265252.jpg (272 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1420438265252.jpg
272 KB, 750x1000
So, I want to give a player of mine a set of artifact bracers/fighting chains.
The gauntlet/bracer things would be wrapped in "living chains"
They would allow him to do lethal damage and parry lethal damage without stunts.
The attunement power would be a +1 non charm bonus to grapple gambits and control rolls.
evocation would allow him to brawl attacks at short range for like 5 motes, and medium at essence 3+ for 7
light artifact stats
keywords:Tags: Lethal, Brawl, Martial Arts, Disarming, Flexible, Grappling,
Reaching

Am I gonna regret this?
What level artifact should this be?
Materials?
thoughts/comments/concerns welcome.
>>
>>43465930
please clam up
>>
>>43458193
So the way Martial Arts work the way they do, as I see it now, is based on two goal objectives.

First, they want to give non-combatants access to a combat tree. If you're a craft, social, medical, stealth type or etc. you're going to want to put all your XP into Charms that enhance that aspect of yourself. Having Martial Arts be its own separate thing means that you can spend SXP on it and gain a combat style steadily. Once you cap that, you need to spend more SXP on gaining a new one up to maximum, which slows you down slightly while the combat types are building up their native charms which combo much easier together and hopefully represent a more comprehensive combat suite. This is the main reason for SXP letting you buy MA Charms.

Secondly, it's so that the dedicated Martial Artist doesn't entirely sweep away all other combat types, since they can spend both XP and SXP in gathering up Charms. You also only use your higher MA score when using combos between styles so cherry picking one or two Charms from a style is a legit tactic, and I'm told that even the styles in the Core have some amazingly powerful synergy. This is the main reason for the MA tax.

I haven't looked at things closely enough, but that SEEMS to be the reasoning for the MA style tax and the SXP stuff. If you drop the tax, then the dabblers become a bit more efficient and might temporarily outstrip your combat monsters. Your MA monster will also have a much more rapid and unending climb to total power. If you drop the SXP element, then your dabblers will suffer greatly and your MA monsters will be annoyed but still spending XP on the stuff.

If you drop both, then your dabblers won't bother, and your MA monsters will grumble but that's it. And then you have people doing nothing during combat.
>>
How would you pull off, of all things, Popeye as a DB?
>>
>>43466031
create the Rock

dress him as Popeye for Calibration

problem solved
>>
>>43466039
>>
File: ok.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
ok.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>43465989
>>
>>43465972

Well, it allows you to break the dice cap by one and allows you to Brawl at short and medium range. That's easily a five, considering that all of Brawl is balanced around only being able to fight at close range barring a few charms. It's easily artefact 5.

Personally, I'd look into Uncoiling Serpent Prana, a Snake Style charm that, at Ess 3, can allow you to attack enemies up to Medium Range and immediately bring them into close range if you deal a certain amount of damage.

I'd personally recommend White Jade gauntlets plus Black Jade Chains.
>>
>>43466039
Which Jade works best for boosting dame from Brawl when it isn't in a weapon? I'd suggest Green Jade, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>43466246
>he eats a can of green jade before proceeding to kick arse
>>
>>43466269
Oh my. does he remove the piece from the can or does he just eat the whole can?
>>
>>43466269
Christ does he have Orichalcum teeth or what?
>>
https://twitter.com/rich_thomas_ww/status/661994168458326018

RichT doesn't seem too worried.
>>
Hey, is that Exalted 3e clarification thing a homebrew or that is how the game actually works without the fluff being in the rules?
>>
>>43466443
known liar lies

film at 11:47
>>
>>43466342
It's a chocolate door handle, actually.
Fucking Japanese.
>>
File: 1446572769126.jpg (345 KB, 354x1350) Image search: [Google]
1446572769126.jpg
345 KB, 354x1350
>>43466553
I also think Popeye would have access to Sidereal martial arts, somehow.
>>
>>43465020
>>43465376

Well, can feel a little better knowing the ambiguity isn't all me. There's a bunch of dodge charms this applies to as well, I think.

You said the forums OR the mechanical clarification thread. Is the clarification on the forums too, or somewhere else?
>>
>>43466600

Considering how esoteric and weird those accomplishments are, he's probably a straight up Sidereal. Chosen of Battles, maybe.
>>
>>43466668
>Po-Yi, Sidereal of Battles.
I like it. I take it he has Brawl Supernal.
>>
>>43466455
it's homebrew/houserules.
>>
>>43466697

Maybe, but Brawl isn't usable with MA. Maybe he just combos whatever MA styles he needs at the moment.
>>
>>43466647
yeah on the official onyx path exalteed forums, there's general mechanics thread but it hasn't had anything posted on it since Halloween last i checked. Otherwise just throw it on the forums as it's own thing and hope that one of the devs or writers clarifies.
>>
File: 1387592334433.png (657 KB, 550x643) Image search: [Google]
1387592334433.png
657 KB, 550x643
What are the essential charms for a survival supernal murder beast build?
There is a lot in that tree and knowing where to start would be a huge help.
>>
>>43466291
The whole can is made of Jade. Of course he eats the can.
>>
>>43466697
Last I checked, Supernals were only planned to be a Solar thing.
>>
>>43466997
Really? Man, people are going to be bitching for days about that, if that is the case. Unless the other splats start off with a higher essence.
>>
>>43467057

They won't. Just to recap, what do Solars get exclusively? The innate keyword for Evocations, Supernal abilities, and Solar Sorcery. Does the Mastery keyword and SMA count? The former might, but I don't think that the latter does.

>>43466875

Not much to say, Anon. Nearly everything builds towards Deadly Predator Method.
>>
>>43467141
They won't if Holden stays in charge.

If there is in fact a god, then no, he won't be.

And you left better, stronger, cheaper charms off the list there. Being able to, in a single area, play with the stronger toys given how slowly you essence up this time 'round is basically a requirement. Not giving that to other splats is moronic in the extreme.

If it's not included base, it will be the number one houserule in general, I feel.
>>
>>43467343
Why is it moronic? Supernal fits the Solar play experience. That sort of rapid escalation isn't key to anyone else except Abyssals as the Solar mirrors. People trying to force symmetry on the splats are idiots.
>>
>>43467141
What do the OTHER splats get?
Sids get astrology.
Lunars get shapeshifting, only now it's been downgraded to animal only shifting.
Dragonblooded get...?
Infernals get shintis, I guess.
>>
>>43467399
You just ignored the reasons listed as to why it's moronic, jackass.

You gain essence so much slower this time 'round. Which means a lot of neat stuff is gated off if you can't. It's not key, but it's stupid as fuck to lock it away if you want a GAME TO BE FUN.

As always, you are exceptionals among exceptionals. Note it as a PC only thing rather then something that happens naturally across the splat and you're golden. And that part is only needed if people like you decide to throw a shitfit about it.
>>
>>43467399

Abyssals and Infernals are getting Supernal abilities, are they? Makes sense. DO we know anything else about them, besides what was in the previews?

>>43467434

Sids get Astrology, the best MArts, and a place in Heaven.
Lunars get shapshifting.
Abyssals the the best Necromancy, and Deathlord Mentors.
DBs get the Scarlet Empire running most of the world, and the Perfected Hierarchy enshrining them at the top of the Social food chain.
Infernals probably get much the same as Abyssals, except painted green instead of black, and Shintais.
>>
>>43467141
I think they removed the innate keyword for evocations in the backer pdf. I just searched for it and didnt find it there, but I may have missed it.
>>
>>43467475
>You just ignored the reasons listed as to why it's moronic, jackass.

I ignored shitty reasons that don't work.

>You gain essence so much slower this time 'round. Which means a lot of neat stuff is gated off if you can't. It's not key, but it's stupid as fuck to lock it away if you want a GAME TO BE FUN.

The game is plenty fun when you're not maxed out in Essence. There is a ton of shit to purchase.

"I have to hit maximum power in my chosen field right NOW!" suits the Solar shtick. It does not suit anyone else's, and you shouldn't be playing a non-Solar if Real Ultimate Power is your driving motivation.
>>
>>43467399
because Supernal has a meta-reason for being there, namely that with Essence progression now fixed high-Essence charms would otherwise see almost no play. Also, it makes the Castes a lot more distinct.

Those are both things you want in non-Solar games, too. Yes, it has a nice fluff angle to it, but that's not the main reason for its existence. It's there for the mechanics.
>>
>>43454852
>Samson
I though it was Cain!
But I have read only first two arcs.
>>
>>43467572
>The game is plenty fun when you're not maxed out in Essence. There is a ton of shit to purchase.
yes, my melee DB will surely enjoy getting the same 3 melee charms as the sorcerer DB in the brotherhood that just picked up melee to not instantly die. I'm sure that will not lead to any problems.

Seriously, can you imagine how wide non-Solar characters will be, especially with all their charmtrees being half the size of the Solar ones?
>>
>>43467615
I've never read the comic, but it's a dude killing an army with the jawbone of an ass.

>>43467619
>yes, my melee DB will surely enjoy getting the same 3 melee charms as the sorcerer DB in the brotherhood that just picked up melee to not instantly die. I'm sure that will not lead to any problems.

There are numerous Abilities related to combat and your concept that aren't Melee - and there are more than 3 E1 Charms, twat.

>>43467589
It is not appropriate for the non-Solar types. Even with it, high-essence Charms see almost no play.. because there are barely any of them, and Supernal only makes one tree accessible, not all of them.

Supernal exists to facilitate the Solar story of being the new kids on the block who rapidly rise to world-shaking prominence. It's not something Sids, DBs, Lunars, etc. ought to get.
>>
>>43467475
>Note it as a PC thing

That can work for a game patch. Honestly, I think it'll be better just to say the other splats start off with higher essence. It makes sense as the other splats have been around longer than the newly exalted solars and at the same time it establishes more so how crazy solars are at excelling, I guess?
>>
>>43467700
>There are numerous Abilities related to combat and your concept that aren't Melee - and there are more than 3 E1 Charms, twat.
Yeah, there's 8 Solar E1 Melee charms. Other splats will have half as many charms as Solars. So you're right, my DB will get a grand total of FOUR melee charms at char-gen. So exciting. And if every combat DB has to take the same auxillary combat abilities, then they'll all feel even more samey.

This is worse than needing Lunars to use different weapons to tell them apart, jeez.
>>
>>43467619

> especially with all their charmtrees being half the size of the Solar ones?

Wait, have they said that's going to happen?
>>
>>43467788
>Yeah, there's 8 Solar E1 Melee charms. Other splats will have half as many charms as Solars. So you're right, my DB will get a grand total of FOUR melee charms at char-gen. So exciting. And if every combat DB has to take the same auxillary combat abilities, then they'll all feel even more samey.

You're making up problems in your head to justify a design choice you want.
>>
>>43467788
He's just trolling at this point, nobody could be this retarded.

>>43467797
They've said the charm chapter will be half the size. It could mean they'll cut back on overly long and complicated charms and maybe only go down to 3/4 or something, but yeah.
>>
>>43467817
So you think a total of 4 charms out of 15 for the thing a character focuses on is not a problem?
>>
>>43467825

>They've said the charm chapter will be half the size.

That kinda sucks. I mean, I know Solars are the flagship but that still kinda sucks.
>>
>>43467854
yeah, it does.
>>
>>43467845
The idea you will only have 4 Charms to choose from to support your concept is pure delusion. Get over it.
>>
Hey what do you guys think. Can Exalted other than Abyssals do necromancy?
>>
The Burning Name and Thrown Charms. How do these work? Do I put points into Thrown and buy the charms as normal just roll (Int+Occ) for attacks or what?
>>
>>43467881
>your facts are delusions
>No, I won't back this up with anything, just believe me

Ok Holden
>>
>>43467898

Rather hope DB can. It was kinda the Thing for a type of DB in 2e.
>>
>>43467925
By all means, show me the Dragon-Blooded Charm set or the developer statement indicating you'll only have a tiny number of Charms to pick from to suit your concept.

Really, go on. I'm sure people on the internet wouldn't just talk out of their ass.
>>
>>43467987
Did you read anything I said or are you blind? I already explained how I got that number, I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you again.
>>
>>43468007
You made it up.
>>
>>43467927
Dragons of a Different Color, yeah.

I'd fully expect Liminals to be proficient as well.
>>
>>43467918
That's what my sorcerer is doing!
>>
Say, does War use Int?
>>
>>43468298
It can.

Int leads from the rear, Cha & App lead from the front
>>
>>43468351
Cool, i was thinking about a Sorcerer general kinda deal, tough i guess Demons and Elementals dont really count as normal troops.
>>
>>43468007
Different guy - isn't it possible they're going to be front-loading the charms for DBs, and distributing them differently? I mean, say DBs get 12 Craft charms. That's a good forty charms of Solarness cut right there, and it can be redistributed. Then add an emphasis on E1-3 charms, and I strongly suspect there'll be enough there to differentiate characters.

Besides, aren't DBs supposed to be more... 'well rounded' folks than Solars? They aren't just "dude who does this", they're (usually) products of a rigorous and competitive environment which demands skill in myriad areas just to not be an embarrassment to the family - every Dynast should be a good fighter, charming, clever enough to avoid being used too egregiously, and well-educated, to say nothing of the higher standards for actual Exalted.
>>
>>43468374
Actually they do.

>Demon Battle Group
>Int 5/War 5 with a couple of charms that improve command actions
>anyone who isn't a Solar with a bigger army is now a puddle
>>
>>43468244
Exigents should also have access.

There are Gods of Death, right?
>>
Also speaking of sorcerers, would a monster making biomancer be possible? We talking The Thing level of monsters.
>>
>>43468478
2E had Genesis-Crafting, so there is precedent. 3E also lets you create mutants and chimeras with workings.
>>
>>43468412
The devs said that rather than the vertical competence of Solars, DBs are supposed to be more horizontal.
>>
>>43468467
The rules for Exigents, I suspect, will be loose enough to allow them to swap out any Sorcery for Necromancy. Hopefully Necromancy will be better than it used to be, to justify its use... but with how they bumped up Sorcery in general, I probably shouldn't worry.

>>43468478
Workings can definitely do that, assuming I read them right. Those sorts of "one off" rituals are a thing that they specialize in, now.
>>
Would it be too weird to play an animal based wyld mutant with a new GM? I had a concept but I don't want it to come off as weird.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.