[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>How do you feel about the characterization of the Orzhov
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 4604386487_3a4842e840_z.jpg (195 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
4604386487_3a4842e840_z.jpg
195 KB, 640x637
>How do you feel about the characterization of the Orzhov Syndicate on Ravnica? It’s always kinda bothered me that they’re a group of business people and bankers who act as a religious group but have scheming ulterior motives that aren’t fully clear and are ruled by a shadowy council. Like that all sounds pretty much like a lot of antisemetic conspiracy theories in the real world. Maybe I’m off base and reading into this too much because I had to study the history of antisemetism in college, but I want to hear people’s thoughts on this

http://mtg-peasant.tumblr.com/post/132447992856/other-jews-playing-magic
>>
Not your tumblr
>>
>>43450276
Should we care about this for some reason?
>>
>>43450276
Their themes more represent stereotypical Catholic themes anyway. Its the Church of Orzhov, not the Temple.

Either way, Orzhov is cool as hell and they've got neat looking armor.
>>
That person never looked into the actual fluff of the Orhzov.
>>
>>43450276
If you look at something in fiction and automatically think it's a negative analogue for something in the real world, you might be the bigoted one.
>>
>>43450276
Yeah. Wizards could have been creative and made jews that were something other than greedy.
But to be one is to be the other so it's understandable why they couldn't seperate
>>
>untrustworthy bankers and businessmen
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES
>>
I'm glad you spend your precious time on earth dredging up shit from tumblr that some nobody wrote in an attempt to make it seem like it's a common opinion
>>
>Maybe I’m off base and reading into this too much because I was brainwashed in college, but I want to hear people’s thoughts on this
Fixed
>>
File: nz4ll3t.jpg (639 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nz4ll3t.jpg
639 KB, 1920x1080
Orzhov always seemed to me as the cookie cutter Lawful-Evil guild because all the others were either war-mongers, pacifist dorks or mad scientists.

I doubt they were inspired by Jewish stereotypes or anti-Semitic preconcepts; rather that the elite business-conservative Orzhov syndicate share associations with what you personally think of the Jews in a negative context.
>>
File: You know what this is.png (810 KB, 1480x364) Image search: [Google]
You know what this is.png
810 KB, 1480x364
>>43450276

Here's your reply.

They're very blatantly based on the catholic church mixed with the mafia. You dumbass.
>>
The qualities found in the stereotypical Jew manifest themselves in both fiction and real life. We speak here of a certain disposition which can find expression in individuals or groups.
>>
>>43450276
The 4chan rules ban racism outside of /pol/, and using the n-word gets you a ban, but the antisemitism in this thread is fine, apparently. In fact, the most likely post to be deleted is mine for pointing this out.
>>
>>43450276
Actually, they're more or less the Ravnican Mafia
>>
>>43450276
Wow this person knows fuckall about the Orzhov
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.