[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of headquarters does your character or party have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 29
File: 1367665239498.jpg (66 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
1367665239498.jpg
66 KB, 800x536
What kind of headquarters does your character or party have?
>>
>>43421563
A yearly apartment.
>>
A lighthouse with a gem temple underneath.
>>
>>43421638
>gem temple
A what?
>>
>>43421638
do you always save the day? I don't think you do, but I'm sure you find a way...
>>
>>43421674
A temple some gem aliens use. Not sure what's inside, my character has only seen the outside.

>>43421701
My character is not very heroic and just tries to survive.
>>
File: 1376140020947.jpg (90 KB, 605x532) Image search: [Google]
1376140020947.jpg
90 KB, 605x532
>>43421701
>>
>>43421563
Our own ship.

One of the PCs also has their own faerie demesne.
>>
File: Paranatural32.png (629 KB, 738x785) Image search: [Google]
Paranatural32.png
629 KB, 738x785
>>43421563
He used to have a dingy little hut, but then a werewolf tore it apart.

Then he bought himself a Villa in France, but then Vampires stole that from him.

THEN he made himself a fucking shack at the North Pole to get away from all of the assholes in the world. But then a gigantic fucking Ice Spirit picked it up (with him inside) told him to fuck off.

So now he's in the middle of creating himself a gigantic fucking pocket dimension sanctum, connected to reality by a series of well-disguised portals to different cities around the world, opening only for certain authorized individuals. The entire thing warded to such a level that it would take a supremely powerful mage, with an incredibly strong sympathetic connection to something inside a decent while to try and breach it and teleport in. He's also thinking about constructing a Demesne.

A fucking Archmage is going to pick it up and throw it into the Abyss, I just fucking know it.
>>
>>43421563
Literally this.
>>
My druid owns a small house by an oasis in our village. He also tends a small grove of date trees, has a plot in a communal garden, and has three goats that are his primary sources of income.

The party however tends to crash there rather than spending money on their own place or using the inn, so the common area (there's only two rooms, kitchen/commons and his bedroom) has had a couple cots shoved against a wall.

He'd really prefer if they paid rent but the ex-soldier is a good cook and the ranger is handy with thread and needle so it could be worse.
>>
File: not clever.jpg (72 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
not clever.jpg
72 KB, 500x333
>>43421830
>>
File: 2groovy4me.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
2groovy4me.gif
2 MB, 500x282
Currently a city of amicable undead in the underdark

used to be the 100 floor wizard tower until they decided to sneak into the scrying department because the guild was already covering shit up on them.
>>
File: not clever.jpg (117 KB, 442x1024) Image search: [Google]
not clever.jpg
117 KB, 442x1024
>>43421960
Now for an actual, readable version
>>
>>43421828
What kind of setting is that?
>>
>Party basically nukes island
>Then goes to the governor of the place they nuked
>basically browbeat him into giving another character lordship (or else they will call the big I on his ass again)
>make village in the mountain as motherbase
>>
>>43421563
An old, abandoned textile factory on a side of town so bad that the cops don't go near it.

We legally own the land in case the cops ever venture that far, but frankly we didn't want to rely on them for protection or have to deal with them if a firefight broke out at HQ.
Our party was confident enough in our combat prowess to beat any group of thugs at a moments notice, so we opted for a run down factory. gradually we've been adding some defenses (I wouldn't call it high tech but we got jury rigged jvc cameras and a monitor room)
>>
File: Battlefleet.jpg (1 MB, 1130x996) Image search: [Google]
Battlefleet.jpg
1 MB, 1130x996
Our Inquisitorial acolytes has quarters on the Inquisitors own ship
>>
>>43421563
GM here: my group just bought and old, abandoned and decrepit monastery outside of the worlds most rich and bustling city.
Not sure for what purpose, but they do have the means to renovate it and take use of it for a while. I'm beginning to suspect they plan on forming something like a guild and start taking over the city slowly. Not that I'm fundamentally opposed to them trying, I'm just worried this might turn into a strategy rather than a roleplaying game soon.
>>
Giant concrete bunker under a gold club-house. All paid by a financial group called Delta Finance, owner of Delta Health, Delta Scan etc..;The golf is called Delta Green
>>
File: sunwel10[1].jpg (69 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
sunwel10[1].jpg
69 KB, 500x337
>>43421563
My ranger is the chief of security for a noble house and sleeps there

She also bangs the maid
>>
>>43421563
We are nomadic mercinaries so the closest we have to an HQ is our wagon train and whatever local in we are settled into for the night.
>>
File: 13118074344_8a5f1af36e_b.jpg (107 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
13118074344_8a5f1af36e_b.jpg
107 KB, 800x600
>>
>>43421563
They only have a fucking car.
>>
The Murdertruck. A huge 18-wheeler painted black with red stripes, previously owned by a smuggler the team killed. What it lacks in subtlety, it makes up for in space.
>>
>>43425414
>The Murdertruck.
One of our players makes it his personal mission to make one of these in every game we play.

...Yes, even fantasy setting ones.
>>
>>43425946
>ye oldiey timey murderwagon
>>
File: War Wagon.jpg (475 KB, 1024x771) Image search: [Google]
War Wagon.jpg
475 KB, 1024x771
>>43425946
>>43427066
Sounds like you need the War Wagon. The perfect tool for transporting big-ass bags of gold dust across bandit country.
Just be careful on bridges.
>>
>>43427179

Three years in prison made me dream a lot of dreams...
>>
>>43421977
Fantasy setting.

World's been un-explored*, so we do a lot of travel to find new lands and people to kill.
One of the players is half-fey. Gets her own budget-demesne with feats.

*As in, it was explored, and everyone has forgotten how to travel or what's out there since then.
>>
>>43421563
Right now the party has a simple townhouse with 1 floor and a cellar. The ground floor windows are boarded so the vampires in our party don't burn there during the day. No fancy traps or anything, just a simple house beyond the boarding (which isn't even suspicious, as the town is under a long siege and boarded windows have become very common).

The only other HQ my character had was years ago in a different game. Again a townhouse, but this time with quite a few underground rooms with traps etc. Didn't play that too much however.

When I'm the DM I often give the PCs a HQ, but it seems all the players I have had disregard any HQs. They just don't care, as long as they have the money for inns or can sleep on the floor in the pub.
The ones I provided them with though were another townhouse (a rich alchemists house) in one game, a farmstead in other. Now if they complete the quests they're on the right way, they should have the option to gain a whole city, even if it's a city of ghosts. But the ghosts are not evil and there are several options how to get more inhabitants.
>>
File: Безымянный.jpg (53 KB, 556x368) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.jpg
53 KB, 556x368
>>43425946
>...Yes, even fantasy setting ones.
>>
File: uss-constitution1.jpg (182 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
uss-constitution1.jpg
182 KB, 1280x721
>>43421563
A spelljammer that's based on the USS Constitution. Except that all the rooms open to magically-expanded chambers.

Or at least, that's what it will be when we get the game going. Someday.
>>
File: 2015371-timeline08_ebon_hawk.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015371-timeline08_ebon_hawk.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>43421563
Basically this.
>>
>>43421563
The room above a shitty bar in an underhive.
>>
A tavern/inn/waystation/whatever the official designation is for a drinking hole accommodation in the fucking ass end of nowhere.

We just refer to it as The Pub. It requires no other name because there is no other permanent structure in over 500 miles in any direction.

We bought the only building on that stretch of the equivalent of the Silk Road. It steppe from one horizon to the other.

The current owner of The Pub is the previous character of a fellow player. His elvish former officer of the Varangian Guard equivalent got fucked up by angry demon possessed Mongol Orcs. FUCKING MONGOLIANS! Then he got shanked by the rest of the Varangians who thought he caught a case of demons from the Mongolians. Then we got unofficially sentenced to death by the Emperor for reasons of political expediency.

After that we all clubbed together and bought The Pub. It's so far anywhere that the only thing we have to worry about is the occasional band of wandering Mongolians who can't get the hint that we don't want to join the protection racket they keep trying to call an Empire.

Our parties current goal is to turn The Pub into the Beer Fort. It will have stone walls, slate roof, big stone perimeter walls, a moat with spikes in it, a cellar, a sub-cellar, a secret sub-sub-cellar, a stone watch tower and anything else we can think of.

So we adventure because we need to cart stone from the only stone outcrop some considerable distance away, shape it, build it and fuck you we need it done right. So we are hiring Dorfs.

At the moment it's mostly just mud, thatch and canvas.
>>
>>43421563
Nightclub. That doubles as a clearing house for quasi-legal activities and recruitment center for those quasi-legal people who do those jobs.

Not in the same space though. Third floor through the first basement is the club, second and third basements are the Runner's spot.

Above both is a three level penthouse apartment where my character can relax quietly.

Its called 'The Eternal Bacchanal'.
>>
My druid lives on a specific mountain, but she doesn't like visitors, so I don't think that counts as a headquarters.

My gunslinger is part of a party that took over an entire island nation, so I guess all of it is their headquarters.

My investigator got an office and a bunch of underlings to do research for her, and the other party members have similar personal set-ups.

My slayer's party works for Smash & Grab Incorporated, but I doubt we'll actually be returning to the offices over the course of the campaign.

I might have too many campaigns going.
>>
>>43421563
Modest mansion in a small city in Lucrecio. Got it after "dealing with a town that had gone quiet recently" turned out to be "dealing with a bloodthirsty escaped Wissenschaft experiment." Needless to say, the local law sees the group as go-to problem solvers, and is trying to keep them happy.
There was also the Fin Island incident, aka "Two Gaira Dragons and a C`iel appear on an island..."
The punchline is "The Island got screwed."
>>
File: medieval-palace-volterra.jpg (88 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
medieval-palace-volterra.jpg
88 KB, 570x760
Vampire the Dark Ages game. Our headquarters is the former Bishop's palace in the Venetian District of the Latin Quarter of Constantinople. It probably looks something like pic related. We assaulted it with a band of four hundred mercenaries, killed the Lasombra Bishop Alfonso of Venice, and took took over both his palace and the Latin Quarter. One member of the coterie, the self-styled Dictator of the Latin Quarter, lives there and we use it as our main base of operations, but the rest of us have houses elsewhere in the city.
>>
None because they wouldn't dare do something without first being prompted by me. Eleven sessions and I still have to remind them they can roll for perception, they can talk to npc's without first being approached and that yes, they CAN roll for that.

Fuck I hate my life.
>>
>>43434074
I know that pain.
>>
File: 1420764344887.jpg (31 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
1420764344887.jpg
31 KB, 300x470
Currently we're living in a pocket dimension inside a tavern (the tavern is the pocket dimension) on the back of a baby rock giant.
>>
>>43421563
Secret underground lair on an unassuming island in the middle of nowhere.

It's pretty cool, and the party is criminally undergeared right now because we keep on dumping every gold piece we get into upgrading the thing.
>>
>>43421563
A sleeping bag.

Murderhobo 4 lyfe.
>>
A permanency enchanted Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion on a wooden trunk. Basically, the ultimate smuggling tool.
>>
>>43421563
Might I ask where this is? Would totally live there, if not for the idea of waves erasing you from existence.
>>
Currently we have a small supply cart pulled by a old horse and a retarded demonic steed(The necromancer fucked up his ritual). We stole the cart while running from the town after a long series of fuckup's
>>
File: 1434901468393.jpg (365 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1434901468393.jpg
365 KB, 1024x576
>>
File: 1446399176414.jpg (426 KB, 917x950) Image search: [Google]
1446399176414.jpg
426 KB, 917x950
A mildly shitty old 3 story watch house near then center of the 67th district. Has nice carpet, mildly apathetic staff, and has only been infested by demonic termites once.

Holding cells currently contain the Great Manul who was dealing in illegal arcane grimoirs, and several dozen imps and humans arrested for disorderly and violent conduct on public transportation.
>>
>>43421563
A tiny inn that's a link between the world of the living and the dead.
>>
>>43438484
sweden
>>
>>43421563
In my Iron Kingdoms campaign, I'm giving my group a mechanika train to act as their mobile headquarters.
>>
>>43427179

Why aren't the wheels made of metal too?
>>
>>43421563
A colossal Skeletal Tortoise with a minimalist 3 story house built in and on it's shell, complete with a bath. a belt of ant haul really helped for the calculations cause evidently houses are heavy
>>
We have several places where we can retire to for a time.
Our Cleric is an Elven Princess and is well known throughout the Elven Kingdoms.
So we can generally find a place to stay among them. This isn't always the case though as one party member is a Drow which has had more then a few outright refuse us entry into their lands regardless of the Cleric's royal standings.

The Half Elf Knight is a folk hero across many towns.
In her youth she was always riding from town to town aiding in their problems.
So there is several towns we can crash at for free, though we are pretty much expected to act the selfless hero whilst there and also generally help out around the place.

Finally the Drow Thief knows of an old tunnel network that avoids the Underdark on the most part. It used to be a Dwarven trade route but now that the Orc tribes have move further afield, the Dwarves typically take overland routes and stop by the Human and Elven towns on their way through to the other holds.
These tunnels see little traffic anymore, normally only the occasional caravan wanting to avoid overland tolls or carrying secret cargo.
Most of the old check-points are unused and became home to less desirables.
One in particular our Thief made into a home for herself when she was first banished, plotting who she would have to kill to have her crimes forgotten. Since then we've made it into a more welcoming location, complete with a shrine for the Cleric and magically stocked larder.
It's a great little home we can stop at from time to time but it's far removed from the world.
Also not all Dwarven caravans are quite willing to allow us passage and trips down to the house often require an average of 100 gold in bribes.
>>
Old party operates an old keep alongside a riverbank. Current party is lost in the Underdark.
>>
>>43441295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHJG2nKbE34
>>
>>43441686
>In a party with a pixie
>Pixie has a robot.
>Pixie has a shrink ray.
>We Megas sometimes.
>>
Our current group is based out of Blue Rock, an island north of Michigan City (a place in Indiana, of course).

A grim rock close enough to see the glow of Chicago on the horizon, it's a small civilized community too close to the savages for comfort, but large enough for a small, self sufficient community. Venturing into the ruined cities around the inland sea allows them to salvage valuable equipment, skilled survivors and information, even making contact with another survivor enclave to trade with.

Their latest upgrade is a windmill, providing more reliable power then the battered savaged solar panels along with some more batteries.

The extra electricity will let them run tools in the machine shop longer, have more reliable light and run the ham radio more often.

They really want a better boat. I'll have to tease them with the possibility there and think of something they could use.
>>
File: The Wyvern Hunter.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1385) Image search: [Google]
The Wyvern Hunter.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1385
>>43425946
>The Murdertruck
>fantasy setting
>>
File: Yate Cosmic Muffin_1.jpg (309 KB, 1069x768) Image search: [Google]
Yate Cosmic Muffin_1.jpg
309 KB, 1069x768
>>43442035
>something they could use.
>>
File: Yate junco chino_1.jpg (206 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
Yate junco chino_1.jpg
206 KB, 1024x767
>>43444272
>>
>>43442035
Wait, does Blue Rock actually exist? I lived there most of my life and I've never heard of it, but seeing MC on a /tg/ thread of all places is a shocker in the first place so maybe it just never came up.

good taste though
>>
File: The River Queen.jpg (95 KB, 751x483) Image search: [Google]
The River Queen.jpg
95 KB, 751x483
>>43444384
>>
File: Hringhorni.png (62 KB, 1844x928) Image search: [Google]
Hringhorni.png
62 KB, 1844x928
Campaign ended before I had a chance to build it, but I was planning on making us a flying carrier kind of deal.

It could also be folded up into a backpack.
Metatropi+Skafoi a best
>>
File: Sea_Fighter_FSF-1.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Fighter_FSF-1.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1272
>>43444561
Based on this
>>
File: 1432745591905.gif (304 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
1432745591905.gif
304 KB, 245x160
>>43444250
that's the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen
>>
a middle class apartment in Seattle
>>
Pretty sure I mentioned the Abandoned Wharf of Doom at least once before.
>>
>>43421563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HemKGDavw
>>
My gaming group acquired an abandoned watchtower an hour walk away from the river, in our Low Fantasy Ancient Egypt game. The 'owner' was a pack of a few predatory animals(wolves if I recall correctly), and all other claimants were long dead. The party invested heavily in this watch tower, hiring masons, craftsmen, etc. to restore it. It is essentially a two story tower, surrounded by a barracks, officer quarters, and well, on top of a hill overlooking the the primary route west from the river. The surrounding vegetation was scrub grass and poor dirt.

The watchtower is now a hanlet with about three dozen people living there, with its key economic output being goat milk, which is produced from said animals.

Long story short, our base is a shitty peasant village with what can be considered 'almost maybe a keep'.
>>
A former slaver's compound in the deeper sections of the dwarven capitol. As in, deep enough that the horrors of the deep were resealed and the dwarves kept digging, carefully avoiding any sealed passages. The party conquered it and repurposed it into a pub. It's got a secret exit to the surface the slavers used to transport slaves, now used by the party to come and go from the city undetected. Some time before the slavers got hold of it it had been a theatre, and the basement is still full of old costumes and props.

They've contracted lots of new rooms with the fortune from their last great escapades. It's only a matter of time before they expand the upper rooms too far and break the seal on the abandoned mine sitting above it. That should be fun.
>>
>>43446594
I haven't seen it <3
also you >>43444449
you >>43446854
and you >>43442035
.... I want to join you guys' games, shit sounds so fresh
>>
>>43447173
Current plan for the Ancient Egypt game is to buy up luxury goods(jewelry, art, Cretian olive oil) at a relatively cheaper price due to being at what is an ancient Mediterranean port city, and heading East to trade with the ancient equivalent of an ancient Merchant Republic trade post. We may or may not learn what rice is.

Unfortunately Egypt lacks the water resources to make rice cultivation practical.
>>
>>43421638
>>43421674
>>43421719
Steven Universe?
Steven Universe.
right...?
>>
>>43448217
Don't be in denile, Anon.
>>
>>43421563
>noble drow sorcerer
A small manor he stole by paying someone to change all the locks and claiming he was the owner, because he had the keys. He convinced everyone in town. Notable for having a batman-tier cave and sheets that never go dirty.

>human warrior
No home, but they have "'liberated" a tower and intend to use it as headquarters.
>>
>>43453013
Sir...please. I was drinking water.
>>
File: apartmentfront.jpg (915 KB, 1940x1080) Image search: [Google]
apartmentfront.jpg
915 KB, 1940x1080
>>43421563
They rent apartments in a classy part of Titan.
>>
>>43421563
The Rusty Dragon Inn.

We get free room and board as long as we protect the town of Sandpoint.

Also Ameiko is teaching my Brawler how to speak Tien.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.