[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, I've seen this thread pop up several times so maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: servant_cards.jpg (375 KB, 1920x819) Image search: [Google]
servant_cards.jpg
375 KB, 1920x819
/tg/, I've seen this thread pop up several times so maybe you guys can help me.

I want to run a Holy Grail War from Fate/Stay Night or any other of the Fate works for one or two players (I can already tell that any more than that is going to be utter chaos).
What is a good system to use?

If anything, I was looking for something either rules-lite or with mechanics meant for crazy Dante Must Die moments.
That said, is Exalted a good choice for this, or is there another that would work better?
>>
Plz respond.
>>
depends on how you're running it. Masters and Servants both playable? Just Masters? Just Servants? A bunch of Clock Tower interns descending on the town to slap some mage's shit Kirigitsu-style?
>>
>>43104539
The last option seems the closest to what I had in mind
While the PCs play as the masters most of the time, I was thinking of letting them control their respective Servants in combat unless they get some sassy hero like Gil, Emiya or Ozy, or at least until they prove to them they are worthy masters.
>>
>>43103587
I've been in one that was largely freeform with 7 players. it only went to shot because no one but me seemed to want to hit each other. alliances duck everything up so make a dmpc in ruler class that ducks around unless people begin to lose interest.
>>
>>43104583
The biggest problem with doing a combined master and servant game is that you're going to have a power gap between the two that's huge enough to not work very well in a single system.

I'd recommend taking a look at Tenra Bansho Zero, however. Double Cross might be good too, with some refluffing.
>>
>>43104659
Was it the one with Roland as Saber?
>>
>>43104659
I was thinking of having a dmpc anyway, mostly to explain stuff to them and disappear once they get the hang of it.

>>43104706
I think I've heard of those systems. I'll check them out.
Thanks for recommending them, Anon!
>>
>>43104749
actually I've been in several trying different things. In not sure who saber was in that one. the most successful of them didn't bother with a system and 14 people was way too many though that was obvious
>>
>>43104776
Yep! Tenra will need a lot of refluffing, but the pure mechanics should work pretty well for a game and character building is really easy. Double Cross will only need to refluff powers -> magic, but might be difficult do handle huge power gaps in.

>>43104868
There was one I was in that used FATE/Nasuverse which was a hilarious clusterfuck, and I think was recruited from /tg/.
>>
>>43104706
>>43104993
Would I need either of the Double Cross supplements?
>>
>>43105222
you don't need them, no.
>>
>>43105492
Neat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.