[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k army idea So, CSM based army. Band of holy knights getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: bret.jpg (458 KB, 833x600) Image search: [Google]
bret.jpg
458 KB, 833x600
40k army idea

So, CSM based army.

Band of holy knights getting their powers from somewhere. Basically all the normal Paladin and knights in shining armor sort of idea for them. Chaos Mutations are blessings from their god, refluffed as required.

Built using Bretonnians, with a lot of very traditional knighly designs and such.

Dunno what the actual list would be yet, but that's the basic idea as it starts.
>>
>>43065507
Daemonkin
Fuckloads of chaos bikers with meltaguns
Led by a bloodthirster of insensate rage styled as a furious archangel with white wings dipped in blood.
>>
>>43065524
I'm not trying to straight up model Bret in the army, I'm just using the model line as a base.

But yea, I was looking at stuff like that.
>>
>>43065507
Seems a very Slaaneshi army.
They already have the House Devine, the original Chaos Knight house, were the pilots now are decadent and incestous offspring of corrupted knights and nobles.
A CSM version of that would be pretty awesome and fit quite well.
>>
>>43065633
I'm not going with a variant on CSM, I am actually doing like knights in shining armor.

Like, straight up good guys who go around helping the weak, battling evil, and generally being the typical Paladin.
>>
>>43066264

The OP says "CSM-based Bret knights with mutations." How the fuck can they use that codex and be "good guys" and NOT be variant CSM?
>>
>>43066381
CSM based as in using the CSM book. Not actually being chaos.

It's why all the chaos boons would need to be refluffed, because they're not chaos mutations or boons, they're holy blessings and divine interventions.
>>
Umm... Why don't you just use Grey Knights, Dark Angels, or, if those knightly as fuck fellows somehow won't do, regural Space Marines?

CSM codex is shit (I know, I play CSM...) and you are only inviting edgelord comments by using prolly the worst fluffwise codex to represent Paladins.
>>
>>43066660
Because none of those allow for divine intervention to happen when a Paladin strikes down a foul foe, to be granted holy power and the conviction to stay the path of the straight and narrow.
>>
>>43066740

...yeah, are you aware all Gey Knights have psychic powers built around striking down an evil foe with the power of rightousness, while Dark Angels have special rulea and relics for smiting heretics?
>>
>>43066740
Literally grey Knights. I mean, one of their units are literally called Paladins and their deity is the god emperor.
>>
>>43066750
I'm talking about the chaos boon table man. I'm not interesting in wargear.
>>
>>43066755
>>43066750
Grey Knights also don't allow for much in the way of customization in terms of stuff like mounts.
>>
>>43066757

So only for the boon table you are going to go all the lenghts to refluff Plague Marines, Daemon Weapons and general satanic stuff into divine work? Seems like going really too far imho buddy, but it's your game, do what you want.

To proove that I am not a complete asshole and that I was trying to point out you're using as wrong a tool for the job as you can, I'll try to give my two cents on your crazy idea.

Since it is obviously a fluff list (right?), I'd go heavy cc (very knightly but bad idea for competitive games), using Terminators as Paladins and regural CSMs/Berzerkers as knights, with allied IG platoons as men at arms. Also, allying an actual Imperial Knight would be a good idea.
>>
>>43066757
Actually that makes sense.

A champion could be turned into a Spawn if their deity decided that they had dealt their foe a dishonourable blow (like striking when their back was turn or refusing to allow them to pick up a dropped weapon).
>>
>>43066774
Helldrakes refluffed as Giant Eagles or actual Drakes?

Khorne Beserkers refluffed as Pentient Knights.

Noise Marines refluffed as a divine choir.

Summoned deamons could easily be angelic hosts called down. And as >>43066857 said, allied IG makes sense for men-at-arms and common-folk.
>>
>>43066857
>refluff Plague Marines, Daemon Weapons and general satanic stuff into divine work?
It wouldn't be much of a refluff. All the chaosy stuff is already divine blessings. They're just blessings from twisted evil gods.
>>
>>43068538

Yeah but OP wants to represent lawful good gods of reightousness.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.