[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a coaster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (943 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
943 KB, 3264x2448
My DM says no, but I think he's just being That Guy. I mean, it absorbs water right? That counts.
>>
Strictly speaking no.

But it is a good substitute.
>>
Depends. What edition is that table from?
>>
The Coasters joke stopped being funny six years ago.
>>
>>43059740

Have you considered using a more simulationist based coaster like GULPS?
>>
>>43059740
>Is this a coaster?
Are there coasters in the house?
>yes
no
>no
yes
>>
>>43059957
My DM says GULPS is overpowered and isn't simulationist enough.

>>43059872
>>
>>43059990

Go full narrativist on him and put that drink on Kitchen World.
>>
>>43059990
Of course some 3.pf coasterfag thinks folded paper towels protects a table. There are two newer and superior coasters after that WT option, and one still has additional beverage content coming out.
>>
>>43060620
>one still has additional beverage content coming out.
Not sure I want a coaster that's leaking.
>>
>>43059740
The moisture can permeate the paper towel and be potentially more damaging to the wood it left in place for an extended period.

Absorbing water is not the key feature of a coaster, keeping moisture off the bare wood is.

>>43059935
It was never a joke.

The real solution is to not game on surfaces anyone cares that much about.
>>
>>43062626
>The moisture can permeate the paper towel and be potentially more damaging to the wood it left in place for an extended period.
>Absorbing water is not the key feature of a coaster, keeping moisture off the bare wood is.

Yeah what are you doing OP

Listen to your DM.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.