[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wqdt/ Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 001.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
001.png
46 KB, 250x250
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/pV7sdNnv
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Question:
What is your favorite literary genre?

>Player Question:
What is your least favorite literary genre?
>>
>What is your favorite literary genre?
I like light scifi and slice of life/romance.
>What is your least favorite literary genre?
Fantasy.
>>
>>43879473
Good catch

CPM 104 just went up in case anyone is interested.
>>43878956
>>
How much prep should you do before running a quest?
>>
>>43879623
At least a month's worth.
>>
>>43879623
I started mine with about fifteen minutes of thought based around a single dumb idea. It's been going pretty strong ever since.
>>
>>43879658
As in a month of play, or a month of spare hours, or a month of devoted feverish dedication, or what...?
>>
Fallout: Central Canada quest.

You are a settlement mayor and his contingent starting a new home base, sent with a sponsorship by the NCR to colonize the untouched forests of central Canada. The hazards are many, supplies run low quickly, and many seek to shelter in the homes you build.

Every faction in Fallout, or nearly every faction, anyway, is desirious of the area, as it is full of old-world military outposts (remember, America annexed Canada, so forward operating bases are not unusual), deep forests, caves, small towns, etc.

Whether the players remain loyal to NCR or betray them for a different factions determines the main plot, though I have three or four central conflicts planned.

Base-building with possible scavenging missions, faction missions, sending either yourself or other settlers, minor stat tracking for the settlers you draw in, maybe simplistic dice rules for how settlement management works and benefits you, and so on.

Sound fun?
>>
>>43879693
Yes to all.
>>
>>43879691

Same. I think it depends on how much work you want to put into the system.
>>
>>43879623
For the one that's been going strong the last eight months or so? Fifteen minutes. The length of a coffee break or so.
>>
>>43879623

I think you should put more thought and work into prepping the setting, rather than prepping the system.

Mechanics and dice rules and whatnot can always be changed, and often are changed as you go along. If you realize fifteen threads in that your setting has backed you into a direction that you don't want to go, that's a lot more difficult to rectify.

Flesh out your setting, draw up some sample characters, don't get your panties in a wad over the mechanics.
>>
File: 1448392579781.jpg (144 KB, 1280x513) Image search: [Google]
1448392579781.jpg
144 KB, 1280x513
> Players start out as edgelord

> Gradually becoming softer because of in-game daughteru.

Do they deserve tragedy?
>>
>>43880212
Yes.
>>
>>43880295

Why do players like that deserve tragedy?
>>
>>43879623
I've been prepping my quest for two weeks now. Done some worldbuilding, raw characters, events that both will and might happen.

Thinking about either making it a series of one-shots that are bound together by the same MC and choices made and the consequences of them or just have it be a single, long quest with time skips in it.
>>
>>43880315
Everyone deserves to suffer.
>>
>>43880212

They'll go 110% murderhobo if you take the daughteru away. It's your choice, and the development could be fun, but you lose a lot of character depth when you go from "loving father with an unsavory history" to "remorseless rage-fueled murder machine".
>>
I'm not often there to participate in quests, but I enjoy reading through logs of them.

What's a fun quest to go back and binge-read? I really liked JQ's unique setting and combat, and I thought Robot Decommissioner Quest a while back was awesome.
>>
>>43880429
>inb4 someone mentions the fucking HMQ
>>
File: 200px-OB-class-Witchhunter.jpg (12 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
200px-OB-class-Witchhunter.jpg
12 KB, 200x273
What kind of interest would there be in an Elder Scrolls Quest in which the character would be a witch hunter shortly after the Oblivion Crisis, probably set primarily in Cyrodil?
>>
>>43880352
Ok, Anno
>>
>>43880212
Be careful about this stuff. It's fine to visit tragedy upon your players but if you do it badly they'll start to feel that emotionally investing in your Quest is a mistake. There must be spots of light among the black.
>>
>>43880429

Hive Queen Quest
Wulin Hero Quest

>>43880450

Obligatory, though.

>>43880451

Fuck no I am so goddamned tired of witch / demon / ghost hunters.
>>
>>43880451

Edge Hunters and Pilots / Captains are so overused by this point there's really no point making another quest about them. It will just sink to the bottom of a very deep pool of mediocre quests.
>>
>>43880529
>>43880573
Has the board been that oversaturated? I haven't been following the quest scene to closely in recent months.

What, in your opinion, would be a better prompt?
>>
>>43880529
>Obligatory, though.
Nah. It's just a bunch of marvel fanboys screaming how good it is. It's overrated.
>>
File: choices tg choices.png (81 KB, 1169x442) Image search: [Google]
choices tg choices.png
81 KB, 1169x442
What have you watched and what type of quest are you running?

I'm running a Madoka Magica quest about a conspiracy against the Incubators.

So far, I've watched:
* Madoka Magica
* Revolutionary Girl Utena
* Legend of the Galactic Heroes
* Gundam Wing
* Fate UBW
* GATE
* Lain
* Mardock Scramble
* SB Yamato

Right now, the players are on a chapter where they have to deal with Kyubey making a contracting entropy-reduction slave racket with Stone Age sentient lizards. Said lizards are wishing by the bucketloads on an organised scale and getting AK-47s and acting like ISIS on their planet.

Our protagonists right now are trying to pull off the impression of being Gods to "persuade" said ISIS lizards into stopping their great lizard-chimpout.

Right now, their arsenal consists of:
* An apocalypse maiden
* A drunk Chinese space admiral and a fleet of 2100 ships currently being constructed
* Impractical mecha in books
* Caliburn, the Lance of Longinus, Joan of Arc's banner and Gustavus Adophus' battery at the Battle of Brietenfeld
* Plasma main battle tanks
* Memories of dead people recorded in supercomputers
* Cyborg implants for a guy who got burned and chopped up in a spaceship.
* Blueprints for a weapon that can trigger a supernova

I just rolled a natural 20 for one of their side story rolls.

What do they deserve?
>>
>>43881069
>>>/a/
Leave you fucking weeaboo
>>
>>43881164
>>>/reddit/
Leave you fucking normalfag
>>
>>43881220
There is nothing wrong with Reddit.
>>
>>43881239
M
O
O
O
D
S
>>
>>43881272
The word "mood" only has 2 letter "o"s.
>>
File: No.png (82 KB, 220x281) Image search: [Google]
No.png
82 KB, 220x281
>>43881220
>>43881272
>reddit
>Mooods
Looks like I mistook you for something else. Don't go to /a/, my friend.
Get the fuck out and scurry back to your 9gag site, cancer.
>>
>>43881302
I had to cut back on my Os to get past the spam filter.
>>
File: 01.png (663 KB, 800x883) Image search: [Google]
01.png
663 KB, 800x883
>>
>>43880450
HMQ?
>>
>>43881069
Go back to spacebattles, you crossover loving dingus
>>
So, has there ever been any quests you weren't sure about based on pic/title, but after reading/catching up it turned out pretty good?

Read up on Mercenary 2030 Quest after seeing it on the catalog a little bit ago. Expected a Band of Brothers-type quest with some Metal Gear Solid influence (mercs doing everything), going about in Africa or Trashcanistan or something. What I got instead was post-apocalyptic America, cute girls doing cute things (such as killing bandits and cutting an ear off of each to prove they are dead), a (in my opinion) well written socially inept, PTSD-ridden former child soldier as MC, and everyone from Jormundgand.
>>
>>43882226
>What I got instead was post-apocalyptic America, cute girls doing cute things (such as killing bandits and cutting an ear off of each to prove they are dead), a (in my opinion) well written socially inept, PTSD-ridden former child soldier as MC, and everyone from Jormundgand.
>Literally post-apoc waifu story
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>43882226
>implying the pic/title ever mean anything
>Magical Girl Noir Quest isn't Noir, and is more Merc than MG
>Esper Quest is primarily about lesbians who happen to be espers
>Hero Quest is about a black hole in human form that throws rocks at people

If you're judging quests by their titles and pictures, you're probably missing lots of good shit
>>
>>43881793
I think that's Homeless Mutant Quest.
>>
File: Paladin played right.png (336 KB, 1231x1709) Image search: [Google]
Paladin played right.png
336 KB, 1231x1709
>>43880212
That really depends. If they were being outright and purposefully EVVIIIIILLLL in situations not called for it right throughout, then it would be extremely appropiate for it to come back to bite them in a way that brings harm to the daughteru (pic related). If they were slowly turning away from that behavior in general as they spent more time with her, than you would be just needlessly pulling their heartstrings like a dick.

I'm firmly of the opinion that players actions should have realistic consequences.
>>
Daughetrus are an easy, instant emotional attachment relied upon only by hacks.
>>
Has any quest ever pulled off the "It was all a dream!" ass pull without causing a shit storm? Because I've gotten myself into a serious corner that I don't think I can write myself out of.
>>
>>43882649
Then just go with the flow or kill off the QMC. "It was all a dream" is one of the biggest shit storm triggers.
>>
>>43882649
What kind of situation, specifically?
>>
>>43882693
Basically the MC has gotten too powerful and I don't think there's any more challenge to be had. They'd steamroll the big bad at this point. Worst part is they have no idea just how much more powerful they are than anything else in the setting, so the pace is grinding to a halt.
>>
>>43882792
Oh man now I have to know the Quest.
Also, if the players don't realize how much stronger than they are compared to the setting, can't you just make the big bad stronger without them noticing?
>>
>>43882831
Nah, because the big bad has already made a few appearances and they know what he can do. The first time he showed up the MC barely escaped with their life but they recently acquired a MacGuffin which would completely neutralize the Big Bad's powers.
>>
I wanna do a Paladin quest in a grim-fantasy setting where the MC goes through his knighthood trials and then go out into the World to do good and be just. I'd also want players to have the option to pick what spells to learn from books found throughout the world and what spells to upgrade.

Just a quest with both horrible and good feels moments with a fantasy twist.
>>
>>43882933
>I wanna do a Paladin quest in a grim-fantasy setting
Don't.
>>
>>43882933
>I wanna do a Paladin quest in a grim-fantasy setting
Do it.
>>
>>43882879

Just put a Bigger bad behind him. Ad nasuea until challenge level is satisfactory.
>>
>>43882879
Evil guy got a item that nerfs or absorb some of the MC's powers.
>>
File: Tears of Anger.jpg (28 KB, 510x286) Image search: [Google]
Tears of Anger.jpg
28 KB, 510x286
>>43882949
>>43882985
Sigh. It's either that or a quest about an Albino Skaven Mercenary during his time in a 35 year long war between Five Kings or a Mass Effect Mercenary quest.

My creativity has hit a new low.
>>
File: sadsnoo.png (16 KB, 350x117) Image search: [Google]
sadsnoo.png
16 KB, 350x117
>>43883048
A Warhammer 40,000 fanfiction quest?

Eww.
>>
>>43883048

Don't do paladins - do gunslingers on a mission from God. /tg/ will get it.
>>
>>43883075
>Implying using a race from a series automatically makes it a fanfiction quest
Nah.
>>
File: Oberstein.jpg (93 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
Oberstein.jpg
93 KB, 639x479
What was the most Paul von Oberstein-like thing one of you or your players' characters have ever done?
>>
http://anonkun.com/stories/scholomance-quest/qPBxReghjne6hRqC7
>Scholomance Quest
Oh.
OH.
This is... not going to end well, is it.
>>
>>43882846
>>
>>43882933

Please do this.

It has like built-in protection against waifus, it'll be glorious.
>>
>>43883744
>Getting mad about the possibility of waifus.
Smh senpai desu.

The problem is with poorly written waifus, or railroaded waifus, etc. Not the concept.
>>
>>43883499
C'mon, the last quest set in there turned out alrigh
>>
>>43883499
>Lewd AToW with boys
Heeeehhh
>>
>>43883799

It immediately removes a part of the story that is fucked up so frequently it's become a meme.

There are plenty of writers I trust with expressing feelings of love and lust. /tg/ houses very few of them.
>>
>>43883847
I don't know, the quests I read usually have romance done well enough.

Usually because romance is never the focus.
>>
>>43883836
How is it AToW? Just because it's a school setting with magic?
>>43883817
For certain values of alright.
>>
Tell us that quest idea you have that you really want someone toQM so you can play it, or you really want to QM so others play it.
>>
>>43883499
>Crossdressing
Oh for fucksjmojooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohojl
>>
>>43883943
I would enjoy playing a Reformed Fiend quest.

I ain't talking about being no pussy-ass succubus or some pretty boy incubus, I want to be a big scary demon like a gelugon or an omox doing right by the world.
>>
>>43883943

You're a native american living on the great plains. Your life is simple, things are relatively easy, and you are very good at your place in your tribe.

One day, shaman magic and spirit possession starts happening.
It gets more insane every thread. To the point where the quest is completely unrecognizable from where it started.
>>
>>43883943

Honestly?

Just some good, old-fashioned adventure party dungeon crawling. You're a freelance [enter class here] looking to make some dosh, some friends, and some beer money out of going into spooky places, beating skeletons with your dick, and maybe snatching a magic item or two from a tomb.

No journey of self-discovery to find out your parents were secretly [archmagi, dragons, exiled royality] and your actually name is Mary J. Sue. No hunting for the ultimate macguffin to bring down the evil [emperor, lich, your stepmom who you really dislike]. No awakening of strange and unheard of abilities, then being noticed by some strange benefactor who wants you to 'change the world'.

I just want to smash some skeletons, save some bimbo, go back to the stereotypical tavern and blow the reward money on ale.

Uncomplicated Quest. Because fun is underrated.
>>
>>43883943
Still waiting on the grizzled king anon to come through with his idea of a king scarred by three wars who has been dethroned by the very same men he trusted his children with. He lost the bloody civil war, and now he has to make his way through the war-torn realm he once governed to reach the North and gather allies to muster a new host to reclaim his kingdom.

>>43884108
Agreed, but a quest with no real end goal often fall flat sooner or later and I can see this sort of quest becoming repetitive really quickly.
>>
>>43883943
Summon Quest.
Remember the Espers from FF12? I want to play something like that, either as a summon someone extremely weak just has or one that has broken out of their confinment.
I would even be fine with a FF12 Esper Quest where you actually play as one of the canon one, althogh it's a bit fanfictiony
>>
>>43884028

Like, in the modern world? Some extraplanar hellbeast trying to work a 9-5 would actually be pretty funny. Hell, just a demon trying to be a good samaritan in a fantasy setting would be fun.

Fund it. Sounds neat.
>>
>>43883943
I've always wanted a quest where you play as a character in the City of Heroes universe.

Preferably as a villain
>>
File: Demon Knight.jpg (13 KB, 236x338) Image search: [Google]
Demon Knight.jpg
13 KB, 236x338
>>43884222
>Hell, just a demon trying to be a good Samaritan in a fantasy setting would be fun.
>"Why are you running? I'm just trying to save you!"
>"Why are you wizards starting to chant your spells? I'm only here to turn in a quest!"
>"I'm just trying to rent a room for this homeless woman. Stop bothering me, Paladins!"

I could definitely see myself running this.
>>
>>43884108
>>43884194
Maybe a quest like that could work if you were competing against another team of adventurers. Rumors abound of a legend of some epic loot at the bottom of it. Not necessary the ultimate macguffin, but highly sought after regardless, and could have whoever finds it set for life.

Some kind of mega dungeon maybe? Or maybe more than one dungeon in like a valley or something, but no one's sure which one it's in.

But yeah, such a simple quest could very easily fall flat on its face. Maybe it would be better as a one-shot, or just a really short quest with limited number of sessions.
>>
>>43884352
Do it.

Be sure to give us a lot of choices for our Fiend Friend, from scary guy with horns to jubilex style puddles of muck.
>>
>>43884371
They could be a traveling adventure, always switching parties and settings after they beat a dungeon, yet always keeping touch with their main men back home.
>>
>>43884352

I'd play it. I think it'd be fun to be a helpful abomination with a heart of gold. Interacting with other hell creatures would be comedic gold.

>>43884371

That's not a bad suggestion.

>>43884422

I like this better. Maybe tomb-raiding and hiring adventurers in general is illegal? The fantasy police come crashing down on whatever tavern is serving as a base of operations for wandering bands of dungeoncrawlers and other such scoundrels, under the reasoning that artifact-chasing and princess-rescuing is best left to the professionals.

Honestly, I'm sure there are ways to keep it fun without dragging it down into a bog of utter and complete seriousness. Seems like it'd be a fun, if goofy quest.
>>
>>43884422
I'm curious what kind of setting could support that kind of lifestyle, without getting dragged into the kind of plots the anon wants to avoid.

>>43884486
I have the strangest image in my head for the 'fantasy police' as a weird cross between stereotypical British police and medieval knights. It looks decidedly odd.
>>
>>43884388
>>43884486
Though no idea where to take it. Should there be something we're striving for or what? If we're a friendly abomination, what is our goal with it?

Just going around, helping one or several persons at a time and dealing with our own more malevolent brothers and clearing up confusing situations with the champions of good is fun and all, but that can become boring and repetitive fast.
>>
>>43884486
>"Zzxt you failure, killing things is literally the one thing a demon can't fail at and you've somehow managed to fuck that up!"
>
>>
>>43883943

I was wanting a Monster hunter quest, but you played in a group/region completely unrelated to any of the games.
Basically just a quest where you hunt and collect a bunch of stuff and use it to craft and create.

>>43884088
Injuns? That would work.
Monster Hunter with Injuns.
>>
File: 1446346586945.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446346586945.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
>>43883943
As much as I see SAO quests die, a fantasy or sci-fi vrmmo quest with a Female MC would be cool.
>>
>>43872426
>>
>>43884577
It could start out as "Dragülak the Hand of Wastefulness helping random citizens", then a few plot hooks happen, then we've found ourselves slithering into the Grand Paladin's office for a request to join a special holy strike team to take down a demon Lord.

The goal could be to become a Lord yourself so we can spread goodness throughout eternity through worshippers and magical influence, then.
>>
Holy shit, blood moon quest just got a lot more interesting.
>>
>>43884647

This could be fun. Start off with small acts of kindness, try to push past people's prejudice, eventually show up before an Order of Paladin twiddling our infernal thumbs and asking if we could help them cleanse the land of some less kindhearted hellspawn.
>>
File: housejpg.jpg (125 KB, 930x600) Image search: [Google]
housejpg.jpg
125 KB, 930x600
>>43883943
It is the 900th year of the reign of Kjad-id the Incomprehensible, may thon forever reign.
>>
>>43884705
>we play as a nonhumanoid demon, or at least one without fingers
>spends their first impression asking for suggestions on how to improvise thumb twiddling
>all the excitement and tenseness from the order leader's face visibly leaves him as it is replaced by exasperation and disappointment
>>
File: Paladins.png (129 KB, 1521x643) Image search: [Google]
Paladins.png
129 KB, 1521x643
>>43884647
>>43884705
Sounds good. Could add some stuff in there as well to flesh it out, like a mage/knight joins us to see where our true allegiance lies and what we're really up to. They eventually understand that we're truly trying to do good and speaks for us in front of the Head paladin and his council.
>>
>>43884800

Abominable Hellspawn Paladin Quest

I can get behind this.
>>
File: Hellspawn Paladin.jpg (110 KB, 243x375) Image search: [Google]
Hellspawn Paladin.jpg
110 KB, 243x375
>>43884832
>Hellspawn Paladin Quest
>>
>>43884997
Whatever happened to edgy and extreme '90s comics?
>>
>>43884832
>to become a Palladian, you need to get a holy tattoo
>we just so happen to play as an ooze demon
>they just go with sketching on toilet paper and having us eat it
>>
>>43885020
They died with the rise of liberalism and flood of SJW's.
>>
>>43885036

>They give us a paper hat with the holy symbol scribbled on it in crayon
>"Behold, evildoers! I am Kronlux the Unspeakable, here to cleanse thee of thy sins! Have at thee!"
>>
>>43885106
>the library wizards interrogate us on our intimate knowledge on the lower planes
>we do nothing but spout inane details about our life pre-redemption
>"And that's Frulboger, I saw him every once in a while by the River of Pus."
>"He really likes oranges."
>>
>>43885208

This setting has so much potential holy shit.

>The Paladin strike force fights their way up to the top floor of the castle
>They find the Duke's daughter is possessed by a corrupted spirit of madness from the plane of unspeakable horror
>"Blordwringer, is that you? Man, when I get back to hell I'm telling the wife, that ain't right. You know she hates it when you inhabit the bodies of young human females."
>>
>>43885208
>"What about the demon princess of anguish? What can you tell us abo--"
>"Don't get me started on that bitch. Did you know that she pulled 10 demons from my Lord's service to build her fourth torture chamber this cycle?"
>"No, what I meant wa--"
>"I was stuck with a triple shift that month."
>>
>>43884832
>>43885036
>>43885106
>>43885208
>>43885320
>>43885324
Should I do proper worldbuilding before starting the quest or do it along the way?
>>
Are you ready for the deluge of Star Wars Quests coming in the next few weeks?

will ANY of them be good?
>>
>>43885448

Having a well-defined world to play the quest out in usually helps and almost never hurts the QM. I'm not saying you have to spend the next week tirelessly drafting and editing a perfect, miles-deep and entirely fleshed out setting, but having a general idea of the major players and locations would only make things easier once you start running.
>>
>>43885461
>will ANY of them be good?
Survival of the fittest.
>>
File: All over.jpg (107 KB, 1172x682) Image search: [Google]
All over.jpg
107 KB, 1172x682
>>43885461
Who cares? Republic Commando quest is dead.
>>
>>43885461
I'm expecting most of them to die once everyone gets over Episode 7's hype.

So like two or three months after the movie comes out, if we're lucky.
>>
>>43885476
Fair enough. I could fix the cities and some factions, maybe even some countries, and then also come up with the head-figures of said places. I'll make a solid ground to start on and then work on it gradually as the quest continues.
>>
>>43885490
Meh. It was getting worse.
>>
>>43885461

Many will begin.

Most will die.

But frankly winter isn't peak season for quest threads so I doubt it will be the flood of epic proportions you're so worried about.
>>
>>43885543

Best of luck and can't wait to see it. Seems like a fun quest that no one's really tried yet.
>>
>>43885545
I would prefer that over the present star wars quests. Schteel's quest is decent enough, but SAQ and the Jedi quest are both fucking waifu cancer.
>>
>>43885487
IT'S ONLY NATURE RUNNING IT'S COURSE
>>
>>43885572
True enough.
>>
>>43885562
Thanks man. It'll be interesting. Pretty sure I can make the first thread next Friday to take advantage of the weekend crowd of players too. Or if I just write on this all day today I could have it up and running tonight. Got Monday off so it's a possibility.

Thanks to everyone that gave advice for this quest. Hopefully I won't disappoint you. I'm not a new QM, so some of the rookie mistakes will be avoided for sure.
>>
>>43885543
Coll.

We won't be able to play as a succubus/incubus or something that can disguise itself as hymen effectively, right? Because that would destroy the whole point of the quest and make it another diplomancer situation.
>>
>>43885641
No. It'll be pretty obvious to anyone who's not blind that you're a demon or a Hellspawn from a demonic plane.
>>
>>43885572
>SAQ
I liked how it started, but when it devolved into 'lets all fuck', I opted out.
>>
>>43885641

That seems like it would ruin the entire point of the quest.
>>
File: super tactical droid.jpg (150 KB, 998x900) Image search: [Google]
super tactical droid.jpg
150 KB, 998x900
>an old CIS Super Tactical Droid becomes a pirate in a near hopeless mission to hinder and one day destroy the Republic(the Empire) and the last known Jedi in the galaxy.(Darth Vader)
>>
>>43885698
>the republics all like "die CIS scrum"
>>
File: 1410049902048.jpg (53 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1410049902048.jpg
53 KB, 490x490
>>43885698

Surprisingly decent premise.
>>
File: The-Watcher-Concept-Art.jpg (45 KB, 639x519) Image search: [Google]
The-Watcher-Concept-Art.jpg
45 KB, 639x519
>>43885641
>>43885664
>>43885666
Would it be too much to have a companion from the start? The Hellish lord we served before we left his plane sends a sprite after us that constantly berates us and does everything in his power to fuck up our good deeds. He can't do anything physically in the mortal realm, but he can talk.

Like a less controlling, and more insulting Watcher from Darksiders for an example.
>>
>>43885778
I fell like that would be a bit hampering, since I would prefer a clean slate where we find our own path.
Alone at first, but it grows and grows.
>>
>>43885778

Maybe we manage to get away from the hellsprite for a little while, and that's when we discover our passion for doing good deeds. Eventually it catches up to us and is absolutely horrified by what it sees.
>>
>>43885808
>>43885820
Fair enough. Just an idea to toy with if the QM wants to use it. Good luck. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>43884606
I think by necessity, it cant be as granulqr as standard rpgs.
>>
I've been popping in the last few threads, advertising for my AT-TE Commander quest, so I thought I might as well do it again. Yes, I will be one of the Star Wars quests that show up. Not at all related to the upcoming mlvie, funnily enough, more to do with the return/death of Republic Commando quest.

I've gained a couple wonderful ideas to toy with, especially for character interaction, so I'll pitch the premise once more.

You are a rookie AT-TE commander who is assigned to replace the fallen commander of a very prestigious tank crew. You were the best of the best on Kamino, but with the somewhat rushed training and lack of any true field experience, that means almost nothing to the crew.

The quest will be about commanding the AT-TE in battle, learning how to enact good tactics on the fly, gaining the respect (or disrespect) of the crew, all while stuggling to stay alive in the middle of two separate wars happening simultaneously on the planet.

Also, something that should interest some people: there will be ability to customize the tank as the quest goes on.

So thoughts, impressions, suggestions on how the pacing ought to be, etc etc?
>>
>>43885872
It'd be a challenge to run and not have it die, admittedly I'll probably try running something like it when my current quest finishes up.
>>
>>43886010
The clones had almost no personality especially when they are first activated. The clones only got a hint of humanity after a couple of battles are being "Friends" with the Jedi. Even then they, almost to a man, agreed to shoot their commanders and buddies. That shows a sort of mental programming that would make RP stupid. A rookie is not going to be one of the protags of Republic Commando.
>>
>>43886092
No no, you misunderstand, I'm not writing a Republic Commando reboot. You are a normal clone trooper commanding an AT-TE. The focus is meant to be on the MC's blank personality, as the canvas for /tg/ to paint on, compared to the comparatively rich personalities of the crew he's entering into.

The characters won't come off as that flat, at least the main crew won't. These fellows were acclaimed as one of the best crews the Republic had before their commander was lost. (And some other things as well, but that would be telling.)

I hope that alleviates some of your concerns.
>>
>>43886169

Quests are all typically AU anyway. If you need to change some things about the canon setting around to make the story work just go for it and don't apologize to the 'ur doin it wrong' fags. Everyone with half a brain would prefer an entertaining narrative over dogmatic adherence to canon.
>>
>>43886169
I guess the idea of the MC being a blank slate for the players being a flavor win for clone troopers just being activated is neat. I would think his writing would be very dull. He would wonder what his crew is doing as they smack each others hands and back after a display of proficient gunnery. Or why they tell outrageous lies to each other at night before they enter the rest cycle.
>>
>>43886203
This kind of thinking has given us the cancerous waifu trainwreck that is SAQ and the Jedi quest that are shitting it up.
>>
>>43886249

Except adherence to canon has literally no bearing on how much waifu-shit there is in a quest. You're reaching. Reaching hard. But sure, keep telling yourself that those shitstorm quests are as bad as they are because the QMs refused to obey canon.
>>
>>43886276
Sure, keep telling yourself they aren't because of that reason.
>>
File: bulb.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bulb.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>43886294

>"B-but anon, if I don't practice strict adherence to canon, my players will overrun me with waifu-bait and quest smut!"
>>
>>43886310
>Stuttering in text form
Autism at its finest.
>>
>>43886016
I've been kicking around the possibility of having "ranks" in respective jobs, like in Tree of Savior, instead of flat levels and stat points.

From there, your character works with the equipment and skill loadout that they bring into a fight.

Even then, you would need to do something to have longer life cycles for individual pieces of equipment. Either they only have "perks" rather than stats, something like dark souls, or maybe a MOBA style where every "round" has you start with crappy equipment and quickly work your way up as the thread goes by.
>>
>>43886337
Never seen Tree of Saviour, but the debate for me would be in a fantasy game "classless but a lot of available skills." Or. "Defined classes with niche abilities." I'd probably pick the latter as the former can bog down a lot of things. I would use the former in a modern setting though.
>>
>>43886016
>pic
I really need to get around to reading that. Sigsawa is really just fucking around now.

>>43886441
its the latter but there's a lot of choices on exactly WHAT classes to choose from.

For example, you can take 2 levels in basic swordsman then spec into the tank job. TECHNICALLY the same as 1 swordsman, 1 tank, 1 swordsman, but the only at the end of it.

Putting more ranks in the same jobs unlocks new abilities associated with the job's role.

For example, rank 1 tank gets defensive skills, rank 2 gives you the taunt moves and better defensive skills, rank 3 gives you stuns, interrupts, and you just stop dieing.

Here's the tree of savior builder for reference, although ironically I haven't actually played it.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
>>
File: GGOA01_234.jpg (488 KB, 1083x1600) Image search: [Google]
GGOA01_234.jpg
488 KB, 1083x1600
>>43886501
Admittedly I prefer GGO to SAO but that's just me, have the 3 novels but can't read them.

I always liked the idea of abilities tied to equipment, so weapon skill trees would be my cup of tea, though using skill trees in a written format can make things too comprehensive.
>>
>>43886594
you can tie the skill trees to the weapons if you want, but I'm highly advising against individual skill unlocks. Make them batch unlocks for every rank you put into a particular specialization or role.
>>
>>43886594
>have the 3 novels but can't read them.
dreadfuldecoding blogspot

if you didn't already know.
>>
>>43879470
I'm actually one of the editors/proofreaders for it, sadly been busy with work, so I haven't been much help the last couple chapters.
>>
Bit of an update on that Monsters and Other Childish Things quest I was thinking about yesterday. Had some time to brainstorm a bit since I got back home too late to run HSQ, I've got a couple ideas rolling but I'm kinda stuck on how to make it work mechanically.

Typically, in MAOCT you roll a pool of d10s and try to get matches. Sometimes, like in combat, you roll against the GM. For example, if you roll to attack an enemy and they block, you and the GM roll. Each match his block roll has negates one die in your attack roll (So if you have three matches and the GM has one match, he blocks two of your three dice).

I'm not entirely sure how to handle that in a quest format. If were to roll an enemy's attack/block/whatever and have players roll best-of-three, would that work out? If not, what's a better way to go about it?

My fear is that combat will be too dull, like it was in HSQ for a long time. I've got plenty of ideas for characters, events, etc. but I'm no game designer by any means.
>>
>>43887130
I don't know much about MAOCT, but I understand if Combat Chain is not exactly.....thematically appropriate, as it were.

Simplest way would be for you to roll the block roll, and all the players roll the attack roll.
If you want to baby them make more dice rolls happen, each player rolls 2d10 and you take the higher of the two rolls.

I'm going to need a more detailed description to suggest something that won't horribly break the balance.
>>
>>43885572
Schteel has a Star Wars quest? Is it just Top Gun in space?
>>
>>43886010
>There will never be a Clone Trooper quest
>You will never play as a rifleman
>You'll never go into the bloodiest battles
>You'll never watch most of the brothers you trained with die
>You'll never survive through it all and wonder "Is it worth it?"
>You'll never manage to retire and wonder what to do with your life next other than being a mercenary

I want it so bad.
>>
>>43887184
It's, and I quote, "cute mandos doing cute things" and smugglers etc.
Essentially you are an ex-imperial TIE fighter that became a smuggler captain and shenanigans ensue. It isn't as waifu/shitposting as SAQ or the Jedi quest, but it's not as military/close-edge as RCQ was either.
>>
>>43887207
>ex-imperial TIE fighter
TIE fighter pilot*
>>
>>43887207
>"cute mandos doing cute things"
Sounds about right. I could probably list all the character personalities he's got already too
>>
>>43883943
I want to run an Overlord quest where the protagonist runs a decently sized guild along with his two best buds who are transported along with him to the New World
The main meat would be uncovering the two fellow player's huge skeletons in the closet
>>
>>43887259
The skeleton in the closet is that the two best friends both love the MC and it goes from trying to pick a partner or rejecting them and spirals into a Yaoi haram quest.
>>
>>43887274
>Yaoi haram
>haram
>>
>>43887274
Fuck off with your gay propaganda, faggot.
>>
File: EricaHartmann.jpg (41 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
EricaHartmann.jpg
41 KB, 600x371
>>43887293
Rude.
>>
>>43887180
Yeah, I didn't think combat chain would work so well for a quest like that. The best of three deal wasn't a matter of babying them or trying to make it easy or anything, it was just a matter of "well, there's lots of players here, and only taking one roll might not involve them all as much as I should".

As for how a more detailed explanation, combat works like this. Each combatant compares their Brains+Outhink dice pools. Whoever has the lowest declares their action first, the highest declares last. This lets the smarter combatant react to their opponents actions (So, the first declarer says "I run forward and punch him in the face". The next declarer goes "Okay, well if he's going to run at me, I'm going to move to the side, stick my foot out, and trip him"). Once everyone's declared, everyone rolls. The more matches you have, the better you do. The higher the number on the dice you matched, the faster your action is (So, if one has two 3's and another has 2 5's, the 5's go first but they do equally as good).

The way defending works is as I described. The defender rolls, and his matches "gobble" his attacker's matches. Damage is equal to the number of matches you got (that weren't gobbled) minus one, though there are ways to increase this base damage.

The number on the dice you matched also decide where the attack hits. Each body part has a range of numbers, so if Feet are locations 1-2, then a pair of 2's will hit the target's Feet. The more damage to a part you suffer, the less dice you can roll for that part's pool.

You can also take multiple actions on one turn, such as defending yourself while attacking your opponent, by subtracting one die from your pool for each extra action you're doing.

I think that about sums up how the tabletop game works. Thinking on it now, it might be best to just scrap the system and keep the concept. System's nice, but maybe a bit too much for the quest format now that I think about it.
>>
>>43887309
no, there's things to take from this.

>Brains+Outhink
maybe not keep the stats themselves, but it might be good to keep the effect of knowing or not knowing what the enemy is going to do. Probably keep the difference for obviously dumb or smart enemies.

>hit locations
that may be a needless amount of dice rolling on your part. You can probably just decide how that works on the fly.

>match rolls
could maybe work, but here's where I think we can change things up. Tactical advantages, like flanking, I pull out his weakness, etc. give guaranteed attack/block matches before rolling. This encourages some amount of thinking and ensures that the child is actually contributing in the fight.
>>
File: 1443631469561.jpg (459 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
1443631469561.jpg
459 KB, 1200x750
>>43887274
Well the main romantic interest should be the NPC you created.
Plus I planned for the two friends to be a Homunculus and Leviathan respectively, so the latter would probably not be an option unless the MC is a fish.

And I need to catch up with the series, as I have only just finished volume 5.
>>
File: 1360547250159.gif (493 KB, 490x273) Image search: [Google]
1360547250159.gif
493 KB, 490x273
>>43886016
>It'd be a challenge to run and not have it die
We had one that had a pretty dedicated readerbase for a couple of months, only died cause the QM disappeared.
>>
>>43887500
....did you miss the BSO sidestory recently?

Or do you mean Arcadia?

God forbid that other one that had a hilariously badly built MC.
>>
>>43887517
Arcadia, he was specifically talking about a female MC.
>>
>>43887357
>guaranteed attack/block matches before rolling
That sounds fair. There's also certain abilities a monster can have where they can do something akin to that.

>it might be good to keep the effect of knowing or not knowing what the enemy is going to do.
Yeah, that was one thing I kinda liked about the system. I'll probably hold onto that bit at least.

Alright, thinking on it, here's another idea. Maybe keep the dice pool, but rather than rolling for matches, players roll a number of d10s equal to their dice pool and try to hit a DC. Damage is more abstracted, but keep the separate pools for separate parts. Opponents and NPCs with lower Brains+Outhink than the QMC still have their actions announced first so the players can respond accordingly (and vice-versa).

Not the most groundbreaking of systems, but enough to work in a quest. Sound alright?
>>
>>43887539
Maybe just have a flat THINK stat for Enemies.

>separate pools for separate parts
sounds like quite a bit of number crunching for you, but no suggestion comes to mind. I guess we can iron out the kinks in-quest.
>>
>>43883943
A Strange Slice of Life drama of a guy trying to support his neighbor's daughter who is a madoka-styled magical girl.
Add the BBEG to be his wife to add more drama
>>
>>43887557
>sounds like quite a bit of number crunching for you
Not necessarily. Perhaps I should have explained how that works first. Basically, humans have five parts: Feet, Guts, Hands, Brains, and Face. Parts can have up to five dice, with the human average having 2. Under each of those parts is skills, which can have up to 5 dice as well. They cover stuff like Dodging, Punching, Outhink, Charm, Putdown, Courage, and more. When you roll, you roll the appropriate Part+Skill. So for example, if you're rolling not to run away from the giant scary Cthulhu monster, you'd roll your Guts pool plus your Courage pool.

Monsters work differently. They have 50 dice, which they can spend on parts or buy extras with. The actual parts are completely up to the player to think up. So, for example, a monster might have a part labeled "Gnashing teeth" with a pool of 7d10 and the Attack, Gnarly, and Wicked Fast extras. That means he can attack with that part, and does one extra damage with it (Gnarly) as well as acting one die faster than usual (Wicked Fast).

Point being, it's not that much number crunching on my end. This reminds me though, chargen will have to be simplified so it doesn't bog everything down, but I think I have an idea for how to simplify it a bit.

In any case, thanks for the help. If there's any problems, we can iron them out in-quest like you said.

Also, this is unrelated, but looking for art has been a real pain. Not much child art I can find, and what I can find is in anime style (Which isn't necessarily a problem, but it does seem to get some people up in arms). I know art's not really required, but it is nice to have. I'll have to keep looking, though if anyone has art for children/monsters or knows where I can find some, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>43883943
Yume Nikki quest. Players explore their weird dreams and try to find meaning behind it all.
>>
>>43887748
Already happened.
>>
>>43887645
try the Nightlight threads. I think the suptg archives and some of the pdfs have pics you can use.

ALWAYS simplify chargen. ALWAYS
>>
>>43887193
AT-TE guy again,

If writing this quest flops, or if I feel like taking a break from tank shenanigans and writing the true infantry view, I'll be sure to do so.

Many of those aspects will be in my quest, though to a different capacity.

And besides, the MC won't always have the protection of the tank..
>>
>>43887645
oh, and I guess maybe Ni no Kuni? Ghibli stuff is pretty popular to a wide range of audiences.

I'm not sure how people would feel if you threw pixar stuff at them, though.
>>
>>43887923

Greatest Quest on /tg/ right now.
>>
File: 1431028968194.gif (422 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1431028968194.gif
422 KB, 640x480
>>43888456
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>43879715
Sounds pretty fun. Run it.
>>
>>43882879
Is this Banished Quest? It feels like Banished quest, although I have a fair bit of catching up to do on that one.
>>
>>43888647
Banished doesn't really have a BBEG to Mik other than Mik himself.
>>
>>43888711
I figured it was maybe one of the bigger spirits considering he is learning the language of the gods.
>>
>>43884210
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5IxbwAyzK4
Keepers were tight shit
>>
>>43886092
Have you not seen The Clone Wars? Normal Clone Troopers developed personalities all the time.
>>
>>43888756
>people labeling their FFXII videos "hd remaster"
>it's not fucking out yet
Or is it? I'm getting really confused
>>
>>43888719
But even low-tier spirits can casually fuck over Mik.
>>
feel free to join
>>43889515
>>
>>43888810
Will it have the zodiac international stuff?
>>
>>43887645
If you want to crunch out specific combat sequences with hit location and stuff, it is fine. If you want to chain stuff and shift tactics, something simpler like Sorcerer mechanics is better for it. Look at the share thread.
>>
>>43890074
I think it will, yeah

Also i noticed the emulation lag. Fuck those people
>>
>>43890619
Nice.

I was thinking of getting it as my first FF game since I inexplicably own the guidebook for whatever reason.
>>
Any word from REQM?

I miss my spiders.
>>
>>43884371
A rival party of adventurers that you have to team up with.

Or a villainous party of adventurers that you have to kill?
>>
>>43886010
Hurry up and run or I'll do it, maybe better than you.
>>
>>43886235
One of them could catch religion from a local, and another could spend too much time hanging out with allied mercs and pick up all sorts of dodgy habits.
>>
>>43892561

Damn. Them's fightin' words.

I'll participate in and haughtily judge both quests, and probably derail your story with misguided attempts to tame Star Wars megafauna just so I can give them cute nicknames.
>>
>>43892611
Now I know who to pander to ;^)

Jedi waifu coming soon~
>>
>>43892679

Asteroid-worm-chan is my waifu forever.
>>
>>43888647
Nah son, I got a hundred and one big scary enemies, ancient forgotten traps, and spoopy secrets to throw at you.
>>
>>43892679
tsundere jedi waifu
>>
>>43893101
Tsundere is worst -dere
>>
>>43893101
Make it one of the canon Jedi too.

Fuck it, go full retard and make it Ass Soaker
>>
>>43893677
deredere is best -dere.
After Yandere, of course.
>>
>>43893841
>deredere
>anywhere near best
Deredere an absolute shit.
>>
>>43893677
That would be yandere
>>
>>43894083

Civilization Quest Thread General is now in session.
>>
So /tg/

What quest has your favorite...

Characters?

Action?

Story?

Lewd Scenes?
>>
>>43893941
But yanderes can be pretty good in certain circumstances. Then again, I guess the same can be said for all -deres.
>>
>>43894164
Yanderes make amazing horror antagonists.

Then again, anything in excess can make an amazing horror antagonist. Someone who eats a bunch can go insane and become a cannibal, someone who plays too many games can go insane and force others to play SAW-esque puzzles, etc.
>>
>>43894144
Cyclopes Civilization Quest
>>
File: COVWgXKVAAAWchx.png large.png (683 KB, 758x1028) Image search: [Google]
COVWgXKVAAAWchx.png large.png
683 KB, 758x1028
Does anyone still remember Kabbalah Quest?

>>43893677
It can be done well, it's just that everyone copy and pastes generic traits without realizing what makes appealing.
>>
Gauging interest:

NEET Wizard Quest. You've recently dropped out of Mage College because you dropped spaghetti everywhere during your 2nd semester magical dissertation and you're too ashamed to show up for classes anymore. You moved into a storage closet in the alchemy lab of your childhood mentor, who is gradually becoming senile and often forgets that you abandoned your studies to live in his basement and read self-insert wizard fiction with your moth familiar, Belvedere.

You have to overcome your crippling social anxiety and low-grade depression, find a job where you can make enough gold, and move out into your very own wizard tower.
>>
>>43894164
>But yanderes can be pretty good in certain circumstances
Yandere is a perfectly serviceable antagonist, but they're a shittier love interest than even tsundere
>>
>>43894261
>Does anyone still remember Kabbalah Quest?
Wasn't it some kind of meta quest?
>>
>>43894267
>NEET Quest
Yawn.
>>
>>43893677
I agree.

I just want to inevitably snap at them. If they're pretending they don't like the protagonist, then I want the protag to say something like "Okay, I won't talk to you again, don't worry. You made it very clear that you don't like me at all."

Then watch them undergo fusion from the pressure.
>>
>>43894267
>>43894310
Give us a small sampling of your writing. Execution will determine whether or not this quest sucks.
>>
>>43894144
FuckQuest, where the plot is made up and the fights don't matter.
>>
>>43894214
I hope someday they return. That civ was what got me into running civs then actual quests
>>
>>43894261
Grown-up Kasumi is still a bitch as ever.
>>
>>43894369
Feel free to discuss the glory days here: >>43894083
>>
>>43894280
It was a quest where the QM bailed out after posting one update and some random player took over QMing for a bit then handed it off to the next guy and so on.
>>
File: 6549687646.jpg (343 KB, 2048x1463) Image search: [Google]
6549687646.jpg
343 KB, 2048x1463
>>43894271
>serviceable antagonist
They can also make for amusing protagonists.
>>
>>43894437
Oh, that's why I thought "what the fuck" when I read it later after only reading the beginning of the first thread.
>>
>>43894359
I miss Fuck Quest.
>>
>>43894271
>Yandere
>shittier love interest than even tsundere
Not really. Yandere is only problem when players need to have harem and don't wanna commit.
I mean, for sake of adventure, yangire might be even better choice...
>>
I have nothing to do today. Someone recommend me a quest to archive binge. Something reasonably well-written and not riddled with typos.
>>
>>43883593
There was one or two good deity quests in the past, I think. Check the archives.
>>
>>43894543
Hm? Link please.
>>
>>43894528

>>43894214
>>
>>43894525
>Yandere is only problem when players need to have harem and don't wanna commit.
That's a pretty shit-tier yandere if her insanity means fucking nothing.
>>
>>43894528
Death Among the Stars
Hive Queen Quest
Cyclops Civ
Sun Lizard Civ
>>
>>43884606
Isn't that Trapped in Da'ta?
>>
>>43894484
It's ogre, anon. The studio can barely do re-OVAs, Oni-Chichi style.
>>
File: 2.jpg (646 KB, 892x890) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
646 KB, 892x890
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up:
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/20-the-calm-before-the-storm/BkwgCmjghB9THNBuD
>>
>>43894528
>I have nothing to do today.
No chores? No cooking to do? No studying? Can't go on a little run?

Are you sure you've got nothing better to do?

Or do you rather mean you don't >want< to do anything today?
>>
>>43894610

Unless you know me personally I fail to see how the distinction is meaningful to you.
>>
>>43894629
Oh, you know, just shitposting.
>>
>>43894528
You like SMT at all? Devil Summoner London has its 'Part 1' finished and that's a good self enclosed story if you ignore the sequel bait at the end.
>>
>>43894688
>Recommending /v/ fanfic quests
>>
>>43894325
This would be most amusing. I don't think I've ever seen it happen, but I'd probably find it both sad in a slightly pitying way and yet utterly hilarious. Like...I dunno what tsunderes expect.
>>
>>43894807
Fanfic?
>>
>>43894563
...what? To the archives or to the specific threads? I literally told you where to find them.

But fine.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Deity%20Quest
Amazing. You could not have found this on your own, huh? You brain-dead rock lobster intestinal tract.
>>
>>43894836
It's leeching off an existing setting and series. It's fanfic
>>
>>43894827
It's a way of not being embarrassed by having to admit you like someone while still interacting with them on a regular basis.

Of course, the best tsunderes are the ones who started off genuinely hating the protag.
>>
>>43894875
You use capitalization like an illiterate moron, so I had no idea whether you were using a proper noun or not.

You're not on Twitter. Type like a human.
>>
>>43894466
I still need to get around to reading the final volume of that. I never got around to it when it came out, and it's been so long that I forget most of the rest so I'll probably need to reread everything. Which honestly, is a pretty good deal, I always need more things to read and it's a pretty solid choice for rereading.
>>
>>43894962
So...why not just treat him vanilla instead of putting on a facade of actively hating him? Could just act like you don't care one way or another.
>>
>>43895090
If they could they would, tsundere's often have a lack ofcontrol over their emotions
>>
>>43895090
Why the fuck do people do anything. We ain't exactly rational beings, anon, and tsunderes don't want to just be some faceless robot whom the protag has *no* feelings for; they want to be with them, to talk to them -- and honestly, many people see being a prick as a form of flirtation. As with everything artistic, it's based on real life.
>>
>>43895028
I liked the final volume, though I do feel like it should have been split into two.
>it's a pretty solid choice for rereading.
True. It helps that rereading reveals some of the foreshadowing that helps make sense of the later volumes.
>>
>>43894466
Source? RIS is just giving me profile pictures
>>
>>43895314
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

It's by far one of the better translated LNs out there.
>>
>>43895090
Because tsunderes are usually hot messes, emotionally speaking. Typically this is the result of an underlying fear of rejection from their crush, which is why they have to rationalize every act of generosity or affection to both their crush and themselves (I didn't make this lunch because I like you I just didn't want to waste food, I didn't knit you this scarf because I like you I just think the more of your ugly body is covered up the better, etc) and since they're too emotional/impassioned to actually act neutral, it usually comes out as negativity instead of being able to simply say "I don't care".

They're like the opposite of that one couple who's never fucking happy but still ends up back together all the time because they're too emotionally stunted/broken to unstick themselves from one another.
>>
>>43895357
>Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Thanks, mate.
>>
>>43895090
Same reasons why a guy might bully a girl he likes - immaturity, pride or inability to properly express their emotions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.