[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Tale Of Witches: Chapter 51 (Quest): 50 days Later Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: A Tale Of Witches OP 2nd.jpg (80 KB, 420x640) Image search: [Google]
A Tale Of Witches OP 2nd.jpg
80 KB, 420x640
OP pasta
Charsheet Maria: pastebin.com/rZP5PnxW (Current as of 2015-03-08, small corrections aside this paste will be cloned, rather than edited, please DON'T bookmark and instead check the most recent thread if you wish to stay current)
Charsheet Helena: http://pastebin.com/Pek8HvDq
Wiki: http://ataleofwitches.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Witches_Wiki

Answer collection by based Question Anon
Pt.1 http://pastebin.com/h7TvK9yx
Pt.2 http://pastebin.com/GTp9kcmN

suptg: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=A%20Tale%20Of%20Witches (Not up to date; I just sorta forgot about it after a multitude of downtimes and problems of my own. Sorry about that).
Fuuka Archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/a%20tale%20of%20witches/
Newest write-up: https://medium.com/@ATaleOfWitches/the-path-of-absolution-i-d67de4cf33b0

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConvictCyborg
Tumblr: http://convictcyborg.tumblr.com/
eMail: [email protected]

Quest resumes in next post.
OP pasta
Charsheet Maria: pastebin.com/rZP5PnxW (Current as of 2015-03-08, small corrections aside this paste will be cloned, rather than edited, please DON'T bookmark and instead check the most recent thread if you wish to stay current)
Charsheet Helena: http://pastebin.com/Pek8HvDq
Wiki: http://ataleofwitches.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tale_of_Witches_Wiki

Answer collection by based Question Anon
Pt.1 http://pastebin.com/h7TvK9yx
Pt.2 http://pastebin.com/GTp9kcmN

suptg: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=A%20Tale%20Of%20Witches (Not up to date; I just sorta forgot about it after a multitude of downtimes and problems of my own. Sorry about that).
Fuuka Archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/a%20tale%20of%20witches/
Newest write-up: https://medium.com/@ATaleOfWitches/the-path-of-absolution-i-d67de4cf33b0

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConvictCyborg
Tumblr: http://convictcyborg.tumblr.com/
eMail: [email protected]

Quest resumes in next post.
>>
Holy Hex!
>>
IT BEGINS
>>
File: Talan 1.jpg (85 KB, 320x660) Image search: [Google]
Talan 1.jpg
85 KB, 320x660
Prologue -- Fangs

"I do not want you to try; I want you to do. I do not want you to believe; I want you to know!" --Pa, upon explaining Will to his students

Charsheet Talan: http://pastebin.com/UyLGzZLP

I am Talan the Redeemed, second to Kholmar of House Mattheo, and, right now, more than a little lost. I was prepared to deal with rebels, monsters and whatever else would stand in our way. It's what I signed up for when I agreed to this my Lord's quest to avenge the murder of around 200 of his workers - the promise signed with blood whose power even now sings about the fate awaiting those daring to stand against me - but nothing could have prepared me quite for what this would entail.

"--and I always wanted to be a hero and now I'm so excited could you imagine I--" the young Temple Guardian walking barefoot next to me seems barely past the Age of Beginning Completion, but her attire and attitude both seem more fitting to a carnival performer than a warrior. Her clothes seem little more than a pair of wide flowing pants and some equally colourful cloth wrapped around her chest, leaving the rest dauntingly indecent and me feeling woefully overdressed.

Truth be told, I'd have preferred taking my helmet along, but apparently seeing a fully armoured Shadeseeker would be "bad for morale" or some such. Never mind the inmical moral effect of my, uh, 'companion's' current attire.

"--and maybe it would be nice if we could like spar together just like you and me if it's no trouble cause I've almost managed to--" I turn on her, suddenly wary. To her credit she /doesn't/ shy back, instead doing one of those 'I'm totally not trying thinking of how to put you down' *shifts* in stance a less-paranoid person would have most likely failed to notice.
1/?
>>
>>43808657
Are all will girls autism waifu material?
>>
File: Alina... sorta.jpg (229 KB, 718x1279) Image search: [Google]
Alina... sorta.jpg
229 KB, 718x1279
"Spar, Alina?" My tone seems to give her pause, and she seems to deflate a little.

"Uhm…Y-yes?" Her bearing is suddenly just that of a simple - very underdressed - girl, and if it weren't for my lingering irritation I might almost feel sorry for her.

"No. It's probably escaped your notice, but this is neither the place nor time". Waving one gauntleted hand I start moving, the almost-alive leather beneath the midnight-black plates of my armour shifting back into a less rigid state upon feeling me relax.

Damnation. Bullying little girls? Really? That's what I've got to resort to these days? I'm about to open my mouth for an apology, but something on the horizon catches my attention instead.

'Sagata Inyushu' I mutter, the Draconic Remembrance roughly translatable as 'Hunter's Eye' suddenly amplifying my vision several times, allowing me to make out a pair of clearly female figures approaching us on what can't be anything other than a broom.

Great. Just. Wonderful.

[] Witches. Flying over a military camp. Over one flying a house banner. RIGHT. This. Is. Bad. News. Go make Alina fetch help. We'll blast these fools from the skies if that's what it takes.
[] Maybe they…just kind of got lost? Fire a warning shot.
--Use Magic. I can't exactly cast a decent Witch spell, but either the power of my contract or one of the paper charms in my possessions should do it just as well. It's probably best to show them we've got the means to defend ourselves in the most obvious way possible.
--Use fireworks. Glad I packed them. Might make them underestimate us, but that's not always a bad thing.
[] It's not exactly without risks, but if I were to extend my Self just enough to touch their minds I could speak with them. Maybe. I've never been too keen about rubbing souls with others, so my skills in that area aren't exactly great.
[] Other/Combine
2/2
>>43808710
Let's put it this way. When the world bends to you, social alacrity becomes secondary.
>>
>>43808737
>When the world bends to you, social alacrity becomes secondary.
M-moe~
>>
>>43808737
>[] Witches. Flying over a military camp. Over one flying a house banner. RIGHT. This. Is. Bad. News. Go make Alina fetch help. We'll blast these fools from the skies if that's what it takes.
It's been a hear and a half and nothing has happened.
Let's start a fucking war.
>>
>>43808737
>[] Maybe they…just kind of got lost? Fire a warning shot.
--Use fireworks. Glad I packed them. Might make them underestimate us, but that's not always a bad thing.
Gotta be responsible!
>>
>>43808778
Anon, don't start a war in the prologue!
>>
>>43808737
>--Use fireworks. Glad I packed them. Might make them underestimate us, but that's not always a bad thing.
>>
>>43808814
Starting wars is for prologues anon.
How else will the story begin.
>>
>>43808840
Maybe some characters could frolic in fields of flowers or trade nice stories over beer in a show of camaraderie?
>>
>>43808737
>[] It's not exactly without risks, but if I were to extend my Self just enough to touch their minds I could speak with them. Maybe. I've never been too keen about rubbing souls with others, so my skills in that area aren't exactly great.
Welcome back Hex, hope you've been well.
>>
File: 1349787466432.png (63 KB, 706x357) Image search: [Google]
1349787466432.png
63 KB, 706x357
>>43808619
It's back.
>>
>>43808737
>Talan has picked up a muscly qt too
They're spreading...
>>
>>43808906
>picked up
That's lewd.
I suspect there is a direct correlation between muscle autismwaifu and dragon blood. Check the character sheet.
>>
>>43808737
>--Use Magic. I can't exactly cast a decent Witch spell, but either the power of my contract or one of the paper charms in my possessions should do it just as well. It's probably best to show them we've got the means to defend ourselves in the most obvious way possible.
Or fireworks if we want to be lame I guess.
>>
>>43808929
Don't think so lewdly, anon.
Hmmm, maybe so. Would be a bizarre one though. But there's plenty of that in nature.
>>
>>43808944
Being lame could mean getting the upper hand in case of a fight anon! I mean it could also mean not scaring them off leading to the fight in the first place, but details.
>>
((4 minutes and close))
>>
>>43808657
>http://pastebin.com/UyLGzZLP
What even.
>>
>>43809024
Gonna update the charsheet soon Hex? 15/3/8 is quite a while ago.

Not that I think you should waste the time while AToW is still running of course.
>>
>>43809064
What appears to be the problem anon?
>>
>>43809067
((Yes, this chapter is the perfect opportunity for that))
>>43809064
((Hmmm? What of it?))

((Anyways, closing counting writing))
>>
>>43809067
Well nothing has really changed
>>
>>43809156
Her cuteness has definitely spiked since that time, we went shopping right?
>>
>>43809197
I don't know if Hex tracks waifuability.
And her cuteness is already at max.
>>
>>43809206
>I don't know if Hex tracks waifuability.
Well it'd make a nice counterpart to stress/deviance/what-have-you!
>spoiler
Good point though.

Where was our money listed anyway? If it ever was.
>>
>>43809240
I feel it would be cheating if we could track how close Eriadne is to marrying Maria though.
It would take all the tension and fun out.
>>
>>43809258
That's entirely separate from tracking Maria's cuteness!
>>
>>43809271
But we know her cuteness is maxed out.
>>
To get back on track, I am looking forward to seeing what this is all about. Gotta be something special going on for witches to approach.
>>
Alright, so fireworks. That's Dexterity + Composure + Weaponry = 7 dice.

Give me 7d10
>>
Rolled 1, 8, 6, 6, 2, 5, 5 = 33 (7d10)

>>43809340
Cool, cool, cool.
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 9, 7, 4, 3, 10 = 40 (7d10)

>>43809340
Huh, lotsa dice.
>>
Rolled 10, 4, 6, 1, 1, 2, 3 = 27 (7d10)

>>43809340
Shit, I can't remember how dicerolling worked in this quest.
>>
>>43809336
It may be because Talan is using magic again.
She was exiled.
>>
>>43809383
I don't remember him ever explaining them.
>>
>>43809383
((High is good, low is bad))
>>
>Berserk off the boat
>AToW running
Something terrible is going to happen to balance all this out
>>
>>43809384
Good point.

>>43809401
I think it was explained at an earlier time, but we roll rarely and it's been a long time, so.

>>43809434
Sum, Bo3?
>>
>>43809434
Sum total or each individual roll?
>>
>>43809351
1 success

>>43809365
2 success and probably an extra die

>>43809383
1 success and probably an extra die

Hexer, why are you throwing nWoD at us?
>>
>>43809450
No, it's repayment for all the terrible that has already happened anon.
>>
>Talan is a fucking Hunter the Vigil character
PANIC.
>>
>>43809450
Well the race war is probably join to start in Europe.
And possibly world war 3.
Either way Hex will probably die from it.
>>
Rolled 8, 6, 4, 6, 7 = 31 (5d10)

((Testing something))
>>43809480
>Hexer, why are you throwing nWoD at us?
((I love me some DtD))
>>
((Alright, gonna hope I can do this within a semi-decent timeframe))
>>
>>43809681
We believe in you Hex!
>>
>>43809641
>((I love me some DtD))
I know what did while you were away.
>>
>>43809755
No stalking of Hex please
>>
>>43809770
A Hex is best when stalked.
>>
>>43811211
Best while writing really.
>>
((Not dead, just found out I lack some things in the house, and trying to root around your pantry while on IRC is a magnificently terrible strategy. Sorry, I'll be back in a bit))
>>
>>43811981
That's okay Hex. Bit late in the day to be stocking the pantry though!
>>
>>43812064
((It really is))
>>
>>43812078
How late is it where you are? Are there even any shops open? It's like 8pm here already
>>
>>43812169
Very late I think.
>>
2fast /tg/
>>
Maybe Hex has gone to sleep like sane people in his part of the world have. I'll be joining them myself now. Night Hex!
>>
>>43815192
Sleep well anon.
>>
>>43809206
>Marua
>cute
I wish this maymay would die.
>>
>>43816817
Who the fuck is Marua?
>>
>>43817497
Maria is not cute, nor handsome, nor pretty, nor beautiful. Don't make a honest typo distract you from a truth inherent to the very workings of the universe.
>>
>>43817816
Everyone but Maria disagrees.
>>
>>43817887
People also disagree with the theory of evolution or quantum mechanics, Anon. This doesn't make them right.
>>
>>43817909
Kind of like you right now then :^)
>>
>>43818610
you really can't cook for shit
>>
When do you get to feel Eriadne's boobs?
>>
>>43819592
I'm sure they're very pleasant.
>>
[X] Fire a warning shot

There's only so much bad news a person can put up with before they snap, and I can feel that point approaching with the inevitability of a thunderderstorm.

"--fine if you don't want to I--" Alina ventures, but I've got no time for this.

"Step back"

"Whaa-"

"Unless you like a permanent tan". Crouching down - it used to disturb me how little this armour actually impedes my movements - I take a fat-nosed firecracker off my belt. It's really more a weapon than a means of entertainment - in fact I distinctly recall the maker warning me about the iron and fercrit chips loaded into its point - but that suits me quite well. It won't be so bad if they get /accidentally/ hurt, right? They should have known better. Should I have broad a firing tube for this thing? Probably, but the stick it comes with should serve just as well giving it the right direction.

"Talan what are y--"

"That's still 'Mistress' for you, Alina" I say, flicking the Firebottle open, its flame sputtering a little before igniting the fuse with a hiss.

My companion seems finally catching on and she steps back, the two of us watching silently as the projectile zips to the cloudless sky, detonating in a shower of sparks that sends the witches tumbling like a bird desperately trying to escape its predator.

Will they-- no, there's no counter-attack, infact the broom is rapidly descending to just outside the camp, whoevever is flying it displaying a remarkable sense of self-control as it cuts through the air in precisely calculated circles.
1/2
>>
"Come on!" I demand, forcing the armour mour to boost my speed and setting off, confident the Temple Guard's strange abilities won't leave her to lag behind.

It seems we were not a minute too late either, the pair of women - more correctly, an older women and a very young girl wearing a wide-brimmed witch hat that does little to conceal the long tresses of honey-coloured hair spilling out from under it - waiting just around a particularily high boulder.

The older of the pair's voice is carrying far longer than it should, each word amplified by what must be a spell.

"Why'ello'ere", the older woman says, her accent a slur that seems to indicate either origins from the deep wilds or more intoxicants this time of day would warrant. Given her stance - half-standing, half-slouching in front of the young girl behind her - it's quite hard to say which it is.

Her companion motions towards us, and even in my diminished state I can feel the echo of /something/ waft over us before what must be her teacher shakes her head no, the smaller witch glaring at me with a mixture of fear and indignance.

Great, an over-eager novice. This is one of those things you just /can't/ properly plan for, nevermind the entire messed-up situation in general.

[] I should keep my distance and try getting them to stand down. Engaging a witch at a distance is a little risky, but better that than get taken hostage.
[] Demonstrate strenght. Approach them confidently if carefully and stay just out of arm's reach. With my armour I should be more than able to cross the remaining distance should it come to that.
[] Other/Combine
2/2
>>
>>43820563
[X] Demonstrate strenght. Approach them confidently if carefully and stay just out of arm's reach. With my armour I should be more than able to cross the remaining distance should it come to that.
What is this armor?
>>
>>43820563
>[] Demonstrate strenght. Approach them confidently if carefully and stay just out of arm's reach. With my armour I should be more than able to cross the remaining distance should it come to that.
>>
>>43820563
>[] Demonstrate strenght. Approach them confidently if carefully and stay just out of arm's reach. With my armour I should be more than able to cross the remaining distance should it come to that.
>>
(Closing and writing)
>>
>>43820563
Late votes are good votes!
>>
>>43820563
Oh, it's these two is it? Probably won't get violent then...probably.
>>
What kinda time to update is this Hex!? At least anons were unanimous.
>>
>>43821565
Who?
>>
>>43821715
Well we saw old witch and young apprentice before didn't we, so extrapolating...

Of course, it's been months and I'm not rereading the quest to confirm. Not got that kinda time.
>>
>>43821714
I hope we don't spend this whole thread on the prologue.
>>
>>43822415
I'm sure we won't, Hex might even have the non-Prologue opener written out already.
>>
I want to hug Maria.
>>
>>43823449
Don't lie anon, you actually just want to bump thread.
>>
>>43823468
I BUMP WITH THE POWER OF LOVE
>>
>>43823468
I want to bump Maria gently
>>
>>43823546
Roleplaying as Eri is unseemly anon.

How's things going Hex, stocked your pantry yet?
>>
>>43823608
>How's things going Hex, stocked your pantry yet?
No, I didn't have time to do much till the day was about halfway through.
>>43823468
>>43823475
Let's please return to the old rules. If there's no actual discussion nor updates; Let it die. It's on me to keep the thread alive after all.
>>
>>43823663
I might if you get out of the prologue. Otherwise no game brah.
>>
>>43823608
the joke went so far over your head it was lost to the void
>>
>>43823663
Hows this Hex, you get to the thread proper and we'll return to the old rules, until then, this is our neighbourhood.
>>
>>43823714
>>43823681
I've been brought up to never parlay with terrorists. :^)
>>
>>43823739
1 thread every 2 months :^)
>>
>>43823739
Let's be honest though Hex.
Why would we use a system that has only managed to cause a sharp downwards spiral in the amount of content you actually produce?
>>
>>43823739
I mean sure back before we tried it, you would take a few days for each update but the threads were regular.
No the thread rate has dropped to almost a quarter of what it was and you're not producing updates much faster than you were before.

I mean if he did cut at 10 hours would you even get out of the prologue? Because to be totally honest I don't think you would.
And the actual core cast progression is already slow enough that we don't need to have them disappear for threads at a time.
>>
>>43824521
Well, we haven't gotten back to the quest proper so who knows anon. Maybe this is tougher for Hex to write.
>>
>>43824646
The last thread wasn't exactly fast either.
>>
>>43824659
Yeah but it was almost 2 months ago too.
>>
>>43824680
Yes. Yes it was.
>>
>>43823759
>1 prologue every 2 months
FTFY :^)
>>
>>43825155
A TALE OF (everyone but) WITCHES
>>
>>43825170
There are MULTIPLE witches in this scene anon. Clearly these are witchy tales.
>>
>>43825209
I wouldn't say of witches though.
More contains witches.
>>
>>43825209
Not their tale, though. It's some armored fantasy toku thing.
>>
>>43825364
And a half naked autism waifu monk.
>>
>>43825427
>stern, cold individuals with connections to nobility paired with flexible half naked autistic battlewaifus
I'm beginning to sense a pattern here
>>
>>43825472
Another age gap as well.
>>
>waifu
Anons, you're reading too much into their professional relationship here.

Also I take offense at the implication of Maria as half-naked. She's properly dressed!
>>
>>43825581
She was half naked when she was stretching for Eri
>>
>>43825581
She was half naked when Sora stripped her.

>>43825616
Unfortunate not her winter training gear is fully covering.
Her summer stuff is short pants and a singlet as I understand though.
>>
>>43825616
>>43825656
Everyone's half-naked at some point or another, Maria doesn't go out in public like that though.
>>
>>43825668
She used to sun bake naked on the roof of the public bath house back home.
>>
>>43825749
Well I've never been to one but I believe the social norms for dressing in a bath house is usually different from other public places, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>43825756
Public normally involves a swimsuit.
Not naked and on a roof.
>>
>>43825772
My Japanese animes has taught me bathhouses are for full-on nudity, a towel at most but seemingly more to avoid having to show nudity on TV than because it's natural, especially in non-coed situations.
>>
Update soon Hex?
>>
>>43825498
>>43825581
Talan also isn't Bi enough.
>>
>>43826746
Yet
>>
The real problem here is that Sora has seen Maria's nipples before Eriadne.
We need to rectify this shit asap.
>>
>>43827737
Nipples are not automatically lewd anon. And the time will eventually arrive. Just like Hex's next post.
>>
By the way Hex, has Sora had other girls crush on her before?
>>
>>43826746
>not bi enough
Well yeah, she's not some filthy degenerate northerner.
>>
We should go get a massage if we have time.
>>
File: 1409481841394.jpg (105 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1409481841394.jpg
105 KB, 900x1273
I want the dragon.
Give me the dragon.
>>
>>43830280
Whoah, that's too lewd for /tg/ anon.
Anyway, I guess I'll look for an update when I wake up. Hopefully I don't miss voting again.
>>
>>43830352
Sleep well anon
>>
File: 1437994518531.jpg (923 KB, 2500x1600) Image search: [Google]
1437994518531.jpg
923 KB, 2500x1600
So what kind shit will we need to pull to get Eriadne to go full yandere?
>>
>>43832227
Keep that to worse timelines.
>>
>>43832227
>yandere
>not wanting tender lovings and brutal cuddlings from best dragon
Faaaag.
>>
>>43832440
I want that anon.
For myself.
>>
>>43832468
Are you a flexible, autistic battlewaifu with tanlines? Because otherwise you'll never catch her color changing eyes.
>>
>>43832838
I have 2/4! That's not enough is it.
>>
>>43832297
I think you mean the best timelines.
>>
((Not kill, sorry, I've messed up my schedule))
>>43825498
>>43825472
((This means nothing. Alina also isn't autistic... not much))
>>43825581
>Also I take offense at the implication of Maria as half-naked. She's properly dressed!#
EXACTLY.
>>
>>43836962
How are you Hex?
Gib witches.
>>
>>43836962
So do you have the actual witch stuff already written?
>>
Scum
>>
>>43836962
Hurry up with the prologue and get to the thread or if your pace is such a problem, why make it worse with adding things like these prologues?
>>
>>43839835
Because he's stupid and hates his own quest.
Fuck this shit didn't need to be multi-part in the first place.
>>
>>43839852
But it's fun, anon.
>>
>>43839890
Yeah well we've been standing in this temple for like 3-4 months now.
>>
>>43839890
But we only have 4-5 updates a thread and now 3 of those have been wasted on fucking Talan and a bunch of characters we know fucking nothing about.
And at this rate it seems we will get nothing about Maria for another 2 months on top of this.
>>
Fuck this is even awkward on a readability level because he just cut a scene in half out of nowhere.
And I'll but cash money most of his notes were on talking to Helena and Liliana which we're not even going to get to.
>>
>>43837938
Pfft. We're never getting witches again, anon.
>>
>>43840114
I'm coming to accept that.
>>
>>43840078
>>43840114
At one point it stops being 'real talk' and starts just being tediously repeating the same shit over and over again anon, and we've long since passed it. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?
>>
>>43840130
I trying to get some actual cute witches anon.
>>
Hex makes me sad.
>>
>>43841851
Hex brings me joy!
>>
I think we need to spank the Hex.
>>
>>43839835
Because what is important is the journey. Seriously, though, I don't understand the whining. You should know about the snail pace by now. Just fucking do something else instead of hitting F5 only to complain again. It's not like there's a shortage of things to do on the Internet.
>>
>>43844102
Because if someone doesn't sit around hitting f5 this quest would nothing but OPs.
>>
>>43844102
Also it gets kind of tiring when every single scene in this quest is broken up by like 3 PoV switches.
>>
>>43844257
And that's likely because Hex wants something not SoL to happen.
And he's probably petrified by the idea of anything actually happening to Maria and Co at this point.
The guy has major failure to launch problems with everything he does.
>>
>>43844290
I'm still gonna bump!
>>
>>43846474
Don't bother. Hex obviously isn't interested in running this quest anymore.
>>
>>43846485
You can take your negativity to someone who cares!
>>
Well, I'm off to sleep. Hope you didn't die, Hex.
>>
Well, I'm off to sleep. Hope you die, Hex.
>>
>>43847781
Dohoho, clever anon.
>>
>>43844163
Do you really think you are somehow helping? Do you actually think you're motivating to post more by being a negative Nancy and posting shit like this >>43846485 or >>43839852 ? I mean, did that change anything at all so far? The only influence that could have is by making him even less likely to run and slow his pace down even further because you shits are terrible. Yes, maybe he deserves it (though I fail to see how he owes any of us anything), but be pragmatic instead of principled for a second : the only thing you're doing by filling the threads with whining and attacks is killing the quest.

>inb4 'no, hex is killing it!'
>>
>>43849372
But Hexer's prologue fetish is kind of a problem.
It makes every really awkward when you archive binge the quest.
>>
>>43849617
I didn't say anything about constructive criticism.
>>
>>43849372
>>43849633
Remember to preserve the hugbox :^)
>>
>>43849649
One day you will be in my place and see all those shitty college age kids (hopefully not younger) with too much time to kill and not good enough parenting, and you'll think just the same "God, I hope I wasn't such an obnoxious bastard".

Only you, in particular, were.
>>
>>43849677
And why should I care?
>>
File: shoganai.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shoganai.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>43849691
Right now? You won't. It's not even that you should (because you really should), but you just can't.
>>
>>43849677
Maybe Hex will show up to apologise a few more times before everyone finally gives up.
>>
>>43849714
And that's considered a win or something?
>>
>>43849709
I highly doubt I will look back in horror at shit talking on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>43849725
No having a quest that actually gets run is a win.
>>
File: 1441742942585.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1441742942585.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>43849726
I'm actually chuckling from the future shame you will feel.
>>
>>43849764
Okay?
>>
>>43849372
>Posting as Anon in your own quest
baka Hexer senpai desu
>>
>>43850078
>not recognizing Hex's writing idiosyncracies
Go away.
>>
>>43851388
Fuck off Hexer. Go and write the update already.
>>
File: 1448492098447.jpg (144 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
1448492098447.jpg
144 KB, 716x716
>>43849372
>inb4 'no, hex is killing it!'
There isn't a quest to kill
>>
File: 1444597364498.jpg (72 KB, 548x470) Image search: [Google]
1444597364498.jpg
72 KB, 548x470
>>43851789
There isn't a Hex to kill it.
>>
File: 1448493160687.jpg (799 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448493160687.jpg
799 KB, 1080x1080
>>43852445
If there's no Hex and no quest, them what does that make us?
>>
File: 1437994518531.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2880) Image search: [Google]
1437994518531.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2880
Smug
>>
I want to smell Maria's panties.
>>
>>43854863
Why would you when you can lick and nibble every square inch of her body?
>>
>>43854863
>>43855312
These bumps are getting indecent, anons. Please observe moderation!
>>
>>43855448
Why show moderation when you could slowly reveal Maria's cheat and softly bite her delicate perky nipples.
>>
They've started watching anime without you Hex.
>>
>>43856029
He's probably in there too, the hussy
>>
>>43856376
Nope
>>
>>43856387
Under a pseudonym, obviously
>>
>>43856446
If he is he's not talking.
>>
a tale of BITCHES
>>
>>43856710
The main character of this quest is kind of a bitch, yeah. Hopefully Talan will learn to scoop some of that sand outta her vagina.
>>
>>43857184
She's not even a real witch as well. It feels like false advertising.
>>
>>43857225
I guess it's because it's the tale of her dealing with witches.

Maybe Hex is saving Wytch Lyfe for another quest in the same setting
>>
>>43857267
That could be fun.
I wonder what type of character our witch would be?
>>
>>43857279
What if we were a dragonborn AND a witch, wouldn't that be cool?!

Or does it come across as a little Mary Sue-ish...
>>
>>43857300
Nah I'm sure it could be fine.
We could be a big wig noble as well and we could collect one of those monk type girls.
>>
[X]Demonstrate strenght. Approach them confidently if carefully and stay just out of arm's reach. With my armour I should be more than able to cross the remaining distance should it come to that.

"Child..." The surety in the woman's voice hardly reflects my own tension, the sudden /wrongness/ suffusing the air nearly like a fist around my throat. High Thaumaturgy, and potent one. Curses. Can't let them see my fear. Can't let them know. Can't-- the world begins to pulse around the edges, darkness seeping in through fine cracks. One hand finds it way to the Charm pouch on my belt. I only I could--- No. Can't endanger the camp. Can't try to save myself.

Must. Keep. Control.

-speak the word and doom the wicked end them all and drink their life strike head from neck slice skin from flesh-

"Talan? Talan?! You alright? Should I get you something to ea--" I groan, and it's not pain this time. How does this girl even /breathe/?

"T-that's Mistress Talan for you, and don't you see tha--" The flame of my irritation burns away some of the mist around my thoughts, my vision righting itself, if only a little. Huh, guess I'm still moving, and I haven't blown us all to World's End either.

"Child?" the older woman repeats, and suddenly the veil of pain and fear is lifted, the world returning to normal. If you ignore the ring of ash-coloured earth streaked with blood-red veins - actually a mixture of rust and water if what I've been told is true - that is, but I've seen stranger. Been the /cause/ of stranger too. Wait, I might want to keep wandering off for later.

'Within the temple of the mind grows a living fire, Within the temple of the mind speaks a howling whisper, Within the temple of the mind I'm God and Law and Truth--' I take a deep breath, satisfied my voice seems - if not powerful - as steady as it needs to be.
1/?
>>
File: EshEsh.png (630 KB, 845x1200) Image search: [Google]
EshEsh.png
630 KB, 845x1200
"That was meant to be a trial, I take it?" Yes, just like that. When in doubt try to take small steps, keep your wits and don't ever show your temper. Though again, as odd it might seem to outsiders I can't really bring myself to feel much of anything right now, anyway. Part of that might be some lingering effect of my Totem, but truth be told I'm really just glad we're all still here. Witches will be witches, that's just how things are.

The older women shakes her head, if you can call the slight twitch of her neck that, motioning sharply for her companion to join her in kneeling in the dirt. I…guess that is a thing. Her previously slurry accent suddenly sharpens, the effort it takes her clear on her face.

"No test. Forgive me. If you wish to punish someone, do it to me". The little witch inhales sharply at that, but otherwise gives no reaction. Deciding to ignore the small part of me that wants to take her by her word I instead pose the question's that been running through my head since they first appeared.

"We shall see about that. What brought you here?"

"We were running... mistress". The last word seems to take a tremendous amount of effort for the woman. A proud one, then, but seeing a humble witch is rarer than seeing fish on land.

"From where? From whom?"

"The bad people!", the girl pipes up, a wiff of brimstone accompanying the declaration. Flame protect us, if she's got this strong a connection to her totem she must've trained for as long as she's known how to read. The bad pe-- oh. OH! A sudden flash of realisation draws an exultant smile upon my lips before I realise it.
2/3
>>
File: Snake Symbol 2.jpg (19 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
Snake Symbol 2.jpg
19 KB, 236x421
"It seems we share a goal. Would you swear allegiance to my cause in return for sanctuary?" The woman nods, quickly raising three fingers and motioning her companion to do the same.

"We swear". I give a nod. Good enough.

"I'm Talan. How shall I call you, 'Ashera'?". The old word - roughly translatable as 'one-whose-destiny-I-hold - seems to startle her for but a moment.

"Samara, of Redwood forest".

"Im EshEsh! Pleasedto meetyou!!" The younger girl says, rising. She extends her arms, wrists crossed. An old Wilder gesture saying 'My life is yours', and I accept by taking her hands and squeezing.

"I'm Talan. Will you do as I say?" The girl - EshEsh - nods.

"I'll hold you to that. Alina?" I make a gesture and the young Temple Guard moves to tie the witches wrists together before taking each by the arm with herself in the middle.

"Let's get accommodated and hopefully out of these soon". Better safe than sorry, I'd say. Especially in these times.

Esh's body tenses, her eyes growing wide like saucers a few seconds later. Poor child.

"Alina here might /look/ like a hapless floozy--" oh if looks could kill--
"--but you'll find that she's quite capable of keeping in check those tendencies of yours". Samara gives me a look between chagrin and resigned understanding, holding herself like a queen despite her bondage as we slowly make our way toward's my Lord's tent.

She is strange, that one, but it is a strange time we live in.

I smile to her.

A time, perhaps, to make some strange new friends.
--Fin--
3/3
>>
Evening Hex!
>>
File: Shining Lady Athra.jpg (107 KB, 567x850) Image search: [Google]
Shining Lady Athra.jpg
107 KB, 567x850
[X] Ask after the tree and Helena's home
[X] Have Helena track Liliana down
I am Maria of House Antioch, chosen of the All-Mother and newly-minted Witch. It seems she's not the only one who's taken an interest in me though for whatever reason. Once again I find myself rubbing my arm, the /something/ the Mistress of this Forested place marked me with feeling like it's just baaaaarely out of reach. EEep, not the time for this at all!!

"Hmm, uh. How're you feeling, Helena?" I ask, walking alongside her and Evangelyne for a bit, which gives me a…look, from the latter. Not outright hostility, no. Just a look. Best to file it away for later.

"I feel... GREAT!" The tiny cleric beams at me - actually beams too, though it's easy to miss - and I feel a wave of joy and peace wash over our group like ripples across a pond. Whoaaa.

I smile - wider than I wanted - and nod.

"Was it like this where you come from? The…tree and such?" She nods.

"The Heart tree's, like, where the Shining Lady is strongest! Wait, did she give you her…I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!" She detaches herself from Evangelyne's hand hand hugs me around the waste. For some reason the thought 'If you ever wanted to know what being hugged by a forest felt like now you know' enters my head but I shove it aside. Really this isn't the time.
1/2
>>
File: Rabbit 3.jpg (139 KB, 408x600) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit 3.jpg
139 KB, 408x600
"Uh, ya she did. Listen, can you find Liliana?" Helena smiles up at me.

"Hrm, sure. Follow me". She skips ahead, weaving through the plants with us barely catching up. Soon enough we've arrived at a pond, Helena suddenly standing stock-still beside a sign written in both Vorto and another language whose meaning I more 'feel' than 'understand'.

'Lake of Purity. Keep out'.

In its middle, Liliana is lazily drifting on her back, the water around her changing hues every few heartbeats. Great

"Oi Senra, wanna come in? Water's super cozy an--"

"Li-lia-a-na". Evangelyne's voice has taken on a dangerous tone, the very air around her seeming to grow heavy with rage as she takes a few heavy steps towards the pond.

[] Curses. Try to get Evangelyne to stand down. This could end up emberasing.
[] Noooope, Liliana's brought this on herself.
[] Maybe I should try convincing the young cleric herself? She /does/ seem to like me.
[] Other/combine
2/2
>>
>>43858037
Hmmm, that's an interesting conclusion. Guess Talan's making allies.

>>43858087
>[x] Maybe I should try convincing the young cleric herself? She /does/ seem to like me.
>>
>>43858087
>[] Noooope, Liliana's brought this on herself.
I suspected you were being slow because you wanted to finish everything. Well, that too.
>>
>>43858087
>[] Maybe I should try convincing the young cleric herself? She /does/ seem to like me.
>>
>>43858087
Welcome back Hex!
Maybe this time fast will be attained.
>>
Hex <3
>>
>>43858087
>[] Curses. Try to get Evangelyne to stand down. This could end up emberasing.
Eva please calm down.
>>
>>43858087
>[x] Noooope, Liliana's brought this on herself.
>>
>Hey you almost killed me with your mind
>Guess that makes us friends
Witches gonna witch.
>>
>>43858059
>"The Heart tree's, like, where the Shining Lady is strongest! Wait, did she give you her…I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!" She detaches herself from Evangelyne's hand hand hugs me around the waste (sic).
Oh man, I just realized this will not help Eva and Eri's tense stand-off over their lolis getting along at all. Well, I guess they had to learn to accept it anyway.
>>
>>43858276
Well, the whole swearing unconditional obedience to her beloved master part probably helped a lot. Besides, EshEsh is 2cute, so.
>>
>>43858300
>Besides, EshEsh is 2cute, so.
Notice how every single cute girl below Maria's age is also dangerous as fuck and permanently morally challenged?
>>
Should have just killed the hedge shits.
>>
>>43858328
>spoiler
Are you saying Maria's gonna become harmless as she grows up?!
>>
>>43858328
>below Maria's age
>dangerous as fuck and permanently morally challenged
I hate to break it to you anon...
>>
>>43858087
>[] Maybe I should try convincing the young cleric herself? She /does/ seem to like me.
Maria was meant to work on her leadership right
>>
>>43858332
>Should have just killed the hedge shits.
I don't think we could. Cat is broken as fuck and Esh seems freaky strong.
>>
>>43858403
We literally have a witch breaker 2 feet to our left.
>>
>>43858403
Well we don't know what Talan can do, she seems to have Maria-style autism. And our loosely dressed friend is apparently not someone you want to cross if you're a witch. But, it'd probably be a hell of a fight.

Of course, begs the question why they feel they need protection with Talan&Co so badly.
>>
>>43858087
Well sometimes you gotta discipline the loliwitches
>>
>>43858448
Actually that's a good point - Eva might see it as an infringement on her Senra responsibilities if Maria tried to take over here?
>>
>>43858441
>Of course, begs the question why they feel they need protection with Talan&Co so badly.
Beta TL had the entire crew show up for a single rebel camp. I think the rebels managed to awaken the empress of thorns.
>>
>>43858087
At least make sure Eva doesn't go in the off-limits pond herself
>>
>all those votes
Samefags?
>>
>>43858486
I'm sorry, I can't remember who that is anon. I just hope it's extracurricular information not on the test so I won't have to feel bad for it.
>>
>>43858441
Maybe if the witches knew beforehand but with Talan and w itch breaker just there it would be gutter stop tier.
>>
>>43858441
>Well we don't know what Talan can do, she seems to have Maria-style autism.
Don't you mean Alina? Talan is just kind of cold.
>>
>>43858526
Why would you think so anon?
I've been sitting with the tab open for days waiting for Hex to update so THIS TIME I won't tab over to find it's just the autistic shitposting brigade again.
>>
>>43858526
It's like 8 people.
Also fuck off with that cancer shit.
>>
>>43858526
There's only 8 votes, that's hardly some huge amount. This is a much, much better update-time than the previous update (EU at work/uni, US asleep) and the OP was both unexpected and had only 20 minutes of voting despite that so I imagine many regulars didn't catch it.
>>
>>43858529
This.
>>37816469
>>39334781
>>
>>43858507
Wonder if Liliana is pure enough not to taint it.
>>
>>43858648
>Wonder if Liliana is pure enough not to taint it.
I think she's relying on her divine diplomatic immunity. The moat let her in too.
>>
>>43858648
It said the water was changing around her.
Sounds corrupt as shit.
>>
>>43858647
Oh, right.
Yeah, let's hope that's not the case.
>>
>>43858670
Rainbow piss.
>>
>>43858603
Most importantly, it's witches again.

Yaaaaay witches!
>>
>>43858670
I'm just trying to be optimistic anon! Don't ruin it.

Hopefully it's at least nothing serious
>>
>>43858708
Liliana follows the god of corruption.
It's good for her.
>>
>>43858722
Might not be so good for the pool though.
>>
>>43858670
>>43858708
This universe doens't exactly have D&D alignments so one cleric's sacrilege is another's sacrament. Without either being evil.
>>
>>43858730
Athra can deal with it :^)
>>
>>43858742
>Liliana initiating divine hostile take-over of the pool
Soon this will be a place of religious dispute.
>>
So how are you doing Hex, planning to get another update out before we hit autosage?
>>
((Closing, Counting, Writing)).
>>43858159
((Yes))
>>
>>43858937
All is forgiven!*

*statement only verifiable for this anonymous unit
>>
>>43858937
Please forgive me for my lack of faith.
>>
Where's Talan and co compared to our protagonists anyway?

We could use a map, but description will suffice.
>>
>>43858087
It's not her fault her brain is stoned
>>
>>43859838
I bet it's mostly an act taking advantage of her deity to get away with all kinds of stuff!
>>
>>43855993
Then kiss your way down her body and begin licking her navel
>>
>>43861244
Then you can roll her onto her back and start kissing all of her scars.
>>
>>43864404
As you move your way down remember to nibble on her butt for a bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.