[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any sportsfags here? I'm thinking of trying out for my college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1459943935316.jpg (206 KB, 1328x1008) Image search: [Google]
1459943935316.jpg
206 KB, 1328x1008
Any sportsfags here?
I'm thinking of trying out for my college baseball team. I haven't played since i was 14. I was however an All star from ages 10-14, and my little league did add several Major League players to the leage (all of them i played with and struck out) I'm 6'4 195 and /fit// I threw 50 pitches today with my velocity hovering over 70 mph and breaking pitches still breaking.
What are my chances?
>>
>>69580382
>I haven't played since i was 14

Don't bother then
>>
>>69580382
Impossible to know without seeing your form and knowing what your constitution is like; you're posting on 4chan so I naturally assume you have asthma and a pokemon fetish.

I played little league for years; when I was a freshman in college I was 5'10" and 130, so I knew that was never going to happen, but at least show up and see what happens. You'll always wonder, otherwise.
>>
>>69580382
>>69580401
Also what school?

D-I less likely, If it's NAIA or D-III then sure.
>>
>>69580382
>with my velocity hovering over 70 mph

No.
>>
File: last rep face.png (681 KB, 555x660) Image search: [Google]
last rep face.png
681 KB, 555x660
>>69580401
this is me
i'm sorry this is all i can give you.
MAYBE i'll take a video of my technique and post it on here, that could be a good idea! but it'll have to be another time.
I'm 22.
>>
>>69580415
Santa Barbara City College
>>69580428
My velocity was always an issue for me but as a kid i was always able to pitch around it. i relied on Accuracy, and my breaking ball. I saw today that i can still hit my spots pretty well. My long arms give me leverage most shorter fireballers don't have, so that helps.
i could probably push myself harder but i didn't wanna throw my arm out on my first day back!
>>
File: mRdJ7Qz.png (458 KB, 348x520) Image search: [Google]
mRdJ7Qz.png
458 KB, 348x520
>>69580451
>community college
sure you have a shot. Even if you are not starting the teams ace high fail Statistics and you can have a rooster spot open up for you
>>
>>69580493
*might fail* sorry I fucked that up
>>
>>69580493
well thats good to know.
I can't hit or field well, but pitching was always something i excelled at.
>jints
go doyers!
>>
File: bakersfeel1.png (103 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel1.png
103 KB, 547x717
>>69580573
2 bits of advice
1 always bust your ass as hard as you can during tryouts

2 Try out for every single meme sport you can my buddy made his CC's tennis team despite never playing before in his life.

Community college baseball was pretty cozy, cheap as fug first date and with only 40 people in the stands I could get three or four foul balls a night. I only have a CSUB wojack but I should make a bakersfield college one too sometime
>>
>>69580430
I'm not a scout, /sp/'s opinion means nothing.

Just go fucking try out, but if you land even one sorority QT you must post pics.
>>
>>69580451
>Santa Barbara City College

Is this thread a fucking joke? I've never heard of that school before this moment, but based on the name alone I'm fairly certain I could start in the outfield, like, tomorrow.
>>
>>69580729
Santa Barbara is a big town for baseball
>>
>>69580382
Fuck baseball.
Does your shitty college have a rugby team? Try out for that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.