[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people in your country get upset if you don't support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: CuckSA.jpg (20 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
CuckSA.jpg
20 KB, 700x467
Do people in your country get upset if you don't support your national team and bandwagon other country?
>>
In this country you're a faggot if you like soccer in any capacity.
>>
>>69579249
Not really. The only sport where this happens is soccer, and we associate that sport with foreigners anyway so nobody bats an eye if all the Mexican-Americans support their parents' national team or random white guys named Rizzo decide to support Italy because great-great grandpa Vito was born in Sicily.
>>
>>69579249
Do most Puerto Ricans support the national team? Or are you divided on it, like with the whole independence vs statehood thing?
>>
>>69579364

Most do. I decided that I shouldn't support any national team or my country because this is a "lol open borders" shithole like most European countries. Funny thing is I get shit from those internationalist scum for not supporting the national team.
>>
>>69579249
Mostly foreigners support foreign teams. People meet those who still root for their country of origin with disgust - or just don't care.
Germans who don't support our team are seen as boring people who just want to spoil it for everything or they face open hatred and opposition for being traitors.
We just care about football and to a lesser degree handball and do very well in both. We are always favourites of winning a respective cup so this phenomena of bandwagoning foreign teams don't really exists at all 2bh. However, many Germans decide anew when we get kicked out whom to support before every match or pick a team if we fail and that's seen as a way to stay interested in the tournament. Many others (like me in the last Euros) just stop caring however.
>>
>>69579536

That's what I don't understand. I understand Japanese or Chinese people getting mad at their own for not supporting their NT, but why do countries were most people don't care about their country being overrun by immigrants give you shit for not supporting the NT?
>>
Only when it comes to female gymnastics, for some strange reason.
>>
>>69579593
>countries were most people don't care about their country being overrun by immigrants
Weak b8
>>
>>69579623

Isn't that only when some black girl is doing fine and liberals get wet because there aren't that many successful blacks in the sport?
>>
nah

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>69579665

You do? It seems unlikely from a country that will keep taking unscreened "Syrians".
>>
>>69579681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGLXOV823U

And a meme was born.
>>
>>69579459
Really? Surprising, I thought a lot of Puerto Ricans didn't really like the USA.
>>
>>69579740

I though you meant our teams. Not much people that I know of support the USA teams. The only team people give a lot of support here after we are eliminated is probably the basketball team because it's probably the main sport here.

Most people here actually like the USA. Hell, a lot of people like to talk shit about the island after they leave for Florida or other state, despite the fact that they prefer to live in Puerto Rican communities.
>>
>>69579249
It is not common people supporting another national team, but they wont get hated.

You can see, rarely but still you can, people supporting teams like spain because they are 1/128×10^43 spaniard. Curiously that only started happening when Spain got good, before that it was Brazil, because they say that Brazil was the second team of the mexicans since the 1970 WC, they felt like home here or some shit like that. The fact that they always had the best players and being the favorites of almost every tournament is pure coincide, i swear that we are not bandwagoners.
>>
>>69579249
In sports other than soccer people would be surprized. In soccer that's fairly normal since the NT has terrible reputation (always loose, wooded technique, players get paid 1-5 million Euro per year due to foreign player limit). Although I think the only foreign team that has straight up fans is Italy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.