[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every single sports player have their own charity or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Stirner.gif (10 KB, 279x305) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.gif
10 KB, 279x305
Why does every single sports player have their own charity or foundation? What's the deal?
>>
Because most aren't/don't want to be percieved as greedy rich cunts
>>
pay less taxes
>>
>>69525533
taxes
>>
>>69525557
>>69525560
>>69525574
this
>>
>>69525533

tax breaks of some sort
get good publicity (helps with endorsement deals etc.)
help a cause you care about without major personal investment
you can pocket a piece of the foundation's money for yourself by claiming a salary.
>>
>>69525560
you pay more by donating to charity and taking the tax breaks than you would if you donated zero and paid normal taxes

the cynical answer is that they do it for PR, the other possibility is that they want to give something back after being lucky enough to excel at something so valuable
>>
>>69525533
Tax shelter
>>
>>69525533

Probably some tax thing.
I don't really know because I'm not a millionaire with an accountant.
>>
>>69525533
enough money to spend on just looking good

cosmetics for your inner world if you want.

+taxes ofc
>>
so they can hang around little kids without being called a pedo.
>>
>>69525533
There are definitely a few that just do it for PR or tax purposes at the recommendation of their agent. Most just do it because they were working class kids and either feel guilty having so much money to spend or don't really know what to do with it so figure they'd put it to charitable use. A lot of the American players that win yearly awards that essentially go to the most charitable player are not high profile celebrities. You wouldn't even know these players were active outside of the local community they're helping if they weren't nominated for the meme award in the first place.
>>
>>69525533
Holy fuck why are Stirnerposters invading other boards now?
SHOO SHOO
>>
When you have a few mil to spend and make thousands each week it's very easy to be charitable
>>
Have to look like they contribute something to society so liberals don't keep calling for the complete removal of competitive sports
>>
File: connor barwin.jpg (36 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
connor barwin.jpg
36 KB, 600x450
What's your favorite athlete's charity?

Here's mine
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/3/11577682/connor-barwin-eagles-third-annual-benefit-concert-june-3-make-the-world-better-project
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.