[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's a travesty that Henry finished his career with 0 Ballon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1
File: ronaldo henry zidane.jpg (35 KB, 564x378) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo henry zidane.jpg
35 KB, 564x378
It's a travesty that Henry finished his career with 0 Ballon d'Ors/FIFA WPOTY and that fraud Cristiano Ronaldo will end up with 4
>>
Ronaldo is a few echelons above Henry now.

Surpassed him I'd say around 2011.

The only reason Henry didn't win it because he never achieved European success at his peak (at Arsenal)
>>
>>69520712
Henry was a far worse choker than Ronaldo and had at least 4-5 players who were better than him every year of his career.
>>
>>69520858
>had at least 4-5 players who were better than him every year of his career.

lol who? During his peak years (2003-2006) the only one who was as good or better was Ronaldinho
>>
not really, its his fault for staying at arsenal for so long
>>
>>69520712
henry was hugely over-rated by arsefags and le classy frenchman bandwagoners. suarez is a far better striker than him and has never won a baloon door for example
>>
>>69520995
>i started watching football in 2010
>>
>>69520995
Suarez' second season at Barca is the only one that better any Henry season.

Henry did what Suarez did in his last season for about 5 seasons at Arsenal.
>>
>>69520712
Arsenal muppet, frog blood, Wengers iq quantity. Stop embarrassing us m8 shut your gobshite
>>
>>69520712
Nope, that's life.

Something you NEETS know nothing about.
>>
>>69521095
>Suarez' second season at Barca is the only one that better any Henry season.

And it was only better because he had the GOAT laying everything on a plate for him. Henry had Bergkamp, who while a great player, wasn't exactly the most consistent. Put prime Henry in current Barca and he'd score 60 a season.
>>
He won the Hand of God though.
>>
>>69520893
Fucking what?

>Kaka
>Rooney
>Raul
>Zidane
>>
>>69521223
>Rooney
>Raul

Just stop watching football.
>>
>>69521235
Shut the fuck up. I could go on

>Robben
>v Nistel
>Saviola
>Ronaldo 9
>Klose
>>
I love Ronaldo but I also don't think it's fair that he has 3 ballon d'or and will probably win the 4th.

Also it's not fair that Messi has 5.

The thing is that they are really better than everyone else RIGHT NOW. There's not much to chose from maybe except Suárez and Neymar right now.

Henry deserved it, Sneijder deserved it when Inter won everything, Nedved, Pirlo, ... But at that time you had other options. Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Shevchenko, Kaka... Well it's hard.
>>
>>69521251
>Figo
>Deco
>Totti
>Toni
>Delpi
>>
>>69521251

Saviola, Klose and Rooney were not even remotely as good as Henry.

Raul yes. Van Nistelrooy too. Robben no. Ronaldo was on another level. One of the best I ever saw
>>
>>69521251
Seriously. Just stop watching football.

>Klose

You are mentally ill.
>>
>>69521272

> Toni

pls stahp
>>
>>69521278
>Dutch calling others mentally ill

Fix your language first.
>>
>>69521273
>Raul
>good

Another person who didn't watch him play.
>>
>>69521258

Milito played too well for Sneijder to get all the glory
>>
>>69521342
Why are you so fucking butthurt?

Raul was objectively better than Henry, he was just a tier down from R9 at the time.

Henry was always a Gomes tier player.
>>
>>69521292
Doesn't remind you enough of Turkish or Arabic?
>>
>>69521367
So much butthurt.
>>
>>69521366
Just stop talking about football, Mehmet, because you're out of your fucking depth. Retard.
>>
>>69521383
>ad hominem

Anything else? No? I win.
>>
>>69521382
So many Syrians.
>>
>>69521403
>salty af

Keking irl
>>
>>69521415
>look mum I'm using American slang

I guess you also took over the American's inability to say anything correct about football, Mehmet.
>>
>>69521440
>still butthurt because you lost an argument

Is anyone screencapping this nigger lover?

O I am laffin
>>
>>69521223
>Rppney
>people took that bait
>>
It's 2016 and there are still people who see this fraud as one of the best strikers ?
wew

Best player in history : Lionel Messi
Best striker in history : Luis Suarez
Best playmaker in history : Andres Iniesta
Best DM in history: Sergio Busquets
Best defender in history : Carles Puyol
Best goalkeeper in history : Kahn

Now please go fuck yourselves with your >Rooney, >Saviola and shit. And don't you even think I'm sucking spaniards dick because I hate overrated fuckers like Xabi Alonso and Torres to death
>>
>>69521453
>lost an argument

What argument, Abdülmecid? You named a list of players you (in your retarded fashion) thought were better than Henry, without any justification.

Maybe that's considered sound argumentation at the Atatürk University, but elsewhere it isn't.
>>
>>69521467
Neuer > Kahn

even Kahn says it
>>
>>69521483
This fucking salt oh wow

>playing the pol card while sticking up for a French nigger

S a l t y
>>
>>69521467
R9 was better than Suarez

Thuram was better than Puyol

Prove me wrong
>>
>>69521496
>salt

Childish. Abdülhamid, I'll see this as you conceding defeat.
>>
>>69521493

I dont think a professional athlete would be such an asshole to outright say he's the best ever for the press during an interview, the only asshole to do that is Pele but he's a senile old fuck just trying to make the news and be relevant. That being said, Neuer is scary (not in a good way) because he tries to meme and show off for no reason. Like when he stands in the halfway line or goes out 20 meters to do some sweep or dribbles around a defender. Do you know who also used to do this? Iker Casillas, and he is quite honestly one of the worst keepers in the world right now after his reaction speed went down by a fraction of a second. We'll see how Neuer does in 5 years.
>>
>>69521521
>R9 was better than Suarez

Suarez is literally the best ever m8
>>
>>69521565
Literally no

He's good but no R9 and no Raul

>>69521540
Butthurt because I knew more about football than you.
>>
Since they never get enough credit, here should be another, seperate major awards ceremony to honour the best goalkeeper in the world each year. The Palm D'Or.
>>
>>69521467

Best player in history : Lionel Messi
Best striker in history : Luis Suarez
Best playmaker in history : Andres Iniesta
Best DM in history: Sergio Busquets
Best defender in history : Carles Puyol
Best goalkeeper in history : Kahn

>implying it's not
>Best player in history : Lionel Messi (his career)
>Best striker in history : Lionel Messi (the middle of his career
>Best playmaker in history : Lionel Messi (the end of his career)
>Best DM in history: Matthaus
>Best defender in history : Maldini
>Best goalkeeper in history : Buffon
>>
>>69520712
It should look something like this:
(I might be a bit biased in some of these)
>2000
Zidane
>2001
Raúl/Rivaldo
>2002
Ronaldo
>2003
Shevi/Maldini
>2004
Nedved (maybe Henry)
>2005
Ronaldinho
>2006
Henry (I'm ok with Cannavaro tho, he was unreal that WC).
>2007
Kaka
>2008
C.Ronaldo
>2009
Messi
>2010
Xavi (Sneijder had a great WC, but he wasn't THAT good for Inter, maybe due to Mourinho's tactics)
>2011
Messi
>2012
Iniesta (Messi carried Barça almost alone and scored 92 goals that year, so it ok anyway)
>2013
Ribery (o Robben did a great year too, but not C. Ronaldo, who won 0 trophies that year).
>2014
Neuer (the main reason why Germany won that WC. That same WC C.Ronaldo was complete shit and finished third behind USA)
>2015
Messi
>2016
Dunno, probably Suarez, but he didn't play Copa América. Messi scored more goals, and gave more assists than C. Ronaldo and reached the continental cup as well.
Anyway C. Ronaldo will win it, CL + Euro is automatically Ballon d'or now, but in that case Torres should've won in 2012, he even scored in the CL semifinals and was the Golden boot that euro.
>>
Seek therapy OP.
>>
>>69521639
Of course an Italian would be in favour of such an award, kek. Buffon to retire with like fourteen Palms D'Or.
>>
>>69521646
I don't know if he'll be that good playmaker, but the rest looks correct
>>
>>69521656

kek that world cup could've easily been 3-0 if higuain or palacio knew how to play 9. I don't even think they got a shot on goal, they just completely missed the target. Even when Kroos literally passed the ball to Higuain. And in the semi-final Neuer could've put out a tent and he would've been fine eating some sandwiches and making a bratwurst over a fire.
I don't even remember the quarterfinals since I worked a lot and the games were at 3pm.
>France 0-1
well maybe Neuer made some saves there
>>
Is there ANY chance that Ronaldo might be snubbed for this years Balon D'or?
>>
>>69521750
no chance, the narrative is already set
>>
>no player has ever had an EPL season like henry where they had both 20+ goals and 20+ assists

Truly the GOAT.
>>
>>69521034
>>69521095
>>69521140
t. 'Wenger Out' and arsenal poll voters.
>>
Reminder that Michael Owen was officially the best footballer in the world in 2001.

It makes me glad that Henry never achieved this.

It makes me laugh that Arsenal have never had a Balon d'Or winner player on their team in their entire history.

It also makes me laugh that they have 0 (ZERO) European Cups.
>>
>>69520995
This.
Anelka could have better stats than henry if he had a team that played for him.
Look how this fraud Adebayor scored 24 goals in EPL
>>
>>69521750

cmon man the media is dicksucking him as if he died and his aura and tantra took over the bodies of the 11 players and he won that game through telekinesis. There's absolutely no way he doesn't get the award

also check this out

http://www.marca.com/futbol/champions-league/2016/04/29/5722f207ca47417c348b464e.html

you can't read spanish but this is a Poll for player of the leg in champions league semi-final.
the semi that Ronaldo missed due to a leg injury
he still won by majority vote, WITHOUT PLAYING.
it's the same shit for the ballon d'or
fuck it he could've not even been called for Portugal and if they had won, he'd have "put strength in the players just by being in the stadium"
true goat.
>>
>>69521835

>being this salty that henry handballed you guys out of the world cup (KEK) and the fact that you support a team that has never won a premier league
>>
>>69520712
Henry was just unlucky that his prime coincided with Ronaldinho's prime.

and no one had a better prime than Ronaldinho.
>>
>suarez
carried a shit-tier liverpool side on his back
>henry
stat padded with a absolutely stacked team
>ronaldo
outscored henry in the same league against objectively better teams
>>
>>69521696
Implying he wouldn't lose half of those to Kahn, Casillas, v d Saar and Newer
>>
dirty cheating baguette nigger
>>
>>69521876

Suarez stat padded more than Henry ever did that season. Most of his goals came in the first half of the season against bottom half fodder. He also had Sturridge chip in with 25 goals, while Arsenal's next top scorer during the Henry years scored about 15 max.
>>
I think this board overrates Henry too much
>>
>>69521876
>outscored henry in the same league against objectively better teams

Outscored him by a single goal, and that was by having the team completely built around him. He also only got 7 assists, compared to Henry's 15-20.
>>
>>69521467
>>69521467
Wtf are you talking about Abdul? Still drunk from Sunday?
>>
>>69521656
> no Figo

Uefalona fan detected
>>
>>69521656
2000 and/or 2001 should have gone to Totti
>>
>>69521656
I would have given it to Buffon in 2006

Neuer should have won in 2014 but Ronaldo was fucked up from like four separate injuries that WC, shouldn't have even played
>>
>>69522774
Nah, Figo was great, but he didn't win any trophies that year and Zidane won the euro and even had good stats, which isn't common in Zidane.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.