[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Patriots the most persecuted team in the history of sports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10
File: belichick brady.jpg (128 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
belichick brady.jpg
128 KB, 960x540
Are the Patriots the most persecuted team in the history of sports?
>>
>>69512245

no thats penn state
>>
Are they the guiltiest team in the history of sports?
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 1064x1600
>>69512245
>Haters gonna hate
>cause they cant be us
>>
>>69512900

that is also penn state
>>
>>69512245
No, but for some reason their fans have a weird persecution complex.
>>
>>69512245
Yes, absolutely
>>
>>69512245
>penalty for tampering with game equipment is a fine
>league says lolfuckit and gives brady a 4 game suspension
>>
>>69512245
Patriots are just like black people

They are the most persecuted because they commit so much wrongdoing
>>
No, I'm a Pats fan and most just don't have thick skin when it comes to the team and can't handle bantz on 4chan.
>>
>>69513696

>NFL employees, all with ties to the Colts and Ravens, set up a sting operation to "catch" the Patriots "cheating"

gee I wonder why...
>>
>>69512612
he said persecuted not prosecuted
>>
File: pats_faaaaags.jpg (762 KB, 1905x983) Image search: [Google]
pats_faaaaags.jpg
762 KB, 1905x983
>>69512245
More like the most bandwagoned and scummiest team
>>
File: 1466742925127.jpg (75 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1466742925127.jpg
75 KB, 612x612
>>69515353

>mfw people actually think the only reason the patriots have taken 4 owls is because they cheat

I bet you like using the verbs "deserve" and "should" a lot
>>
No but they do have the most autistic fanbase in all of sports.
>>
>>69515351

And a first and fourth round draft pick and a million dollars. And they funded a multimillion dollar commission to determine whether the $25k fine worthy infraction actually happened or not. But the Patriots, THEY'RE the villains here.
>>
>>69515443

good doggo
>>
>>69513696
This. Robert Kraft and Goodell are longtime buddies. If the immediate, literal burning of all the spygate evidence didn't clue you in, then you're just playing dumb. In fact, Patriots have been getting favorable treatment from the league since the early 2000's. Seeing threads like this, I can't tell if it's ironic shitposting or their fans actually eat up the bullshit their local media talking heads are actually feeding them. Either way it's cringy as fuck to read. They cry about Brady being suspended four games for breaking the rules and then not cooperating, when other teams have to deal with far worse punishments in matters not even football related. The combination of entitlement and playing the victim is downright nauseating.
>>
>>69512245
Yes. Numale cucks will do anything to chop down the alpha even make up bogus accusations of "cheating".
>>
>>69516232

t. Colts fan
>>
No it'll always be the Yankees. Pats haven't even been Hated for 20 years.

Yanks have been hated for close to a century.
>>
>>69515437
Being upset because the dude missed an easy ass extra point is bandwagon?

Patriots have the best fanbase in the NFL

Heres the study

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2016/07/11/report-patriots-have-best-fan-base-in-nfl/
>>
File: Robert-Kraft.jpg (42 KB, 614x768) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Kraft.jpg
42 KB, 614x768
>inadvertent whistle
>>
>>69518097
Holy shit I remember that

>amendola catches the ball
>jukes defender
>runs down an open field
>play whistled dead while hes running not even near out of bounds

it was at that point I knew we weren't going to win that owl last year
>>
>>69512245
>4 superbowl wins in 14 years
>persecuted

these are the same faggots that claim "white men are the most oppressed"
>>
>>69516232
>favorable treatment

They lost a first round pick from Spygate. Spygate is another ridiculously overblown infraction. You're allowed to film the other team's hand signals. You just can't do it from the field.
>>
>>69518647
>five feet away from the area stated in the rules
that's what "Spygate" boils down to. Wow, five fuckin' feet, what a massive breaking of the rules. Then the media reports it, tacks on "-gate" to make sure the normies know it's a "big deal", and you have the entire country outside of your fanbase turned against you.
>>
>>69518772
It's unfortunate that such a highly educated region like New England is attached to a country full of simpletons.
>>
>>69512245
Objectively yes.
>>
>>69518772
That was just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>69518544
because every win has had some "scandal" attached to it or been discounted for whatever reason (defense, kicking, et cetera.) 4chan's consensus on the Patriots, for example, is
>cheeter cheeter pumpkin eaters!!!1!
>18-1
>brady is a cuck
real intelligent, considering 1) two of those can't be proven and 2) the other is the dankest /sp/ meme ever

>>69518544
anyone who isn't a white male can play the "privilege" card and have the entire crowd of onlookers on their side for the smallest "offensive" act, which for a large amount of people (including self-hating whites in the media) is simply the existence of the white male, period.
>>
>>69518647
>They lost a first round pick from Spygate. Spygate is another ridiculously overblown infraction. You're allowed to film the other team's hand signals. You just can't do it from the field.

Ah, and here we finally have it. Guilt admitted.

Filming was legal but only from certain locations. And filming from those valid locations was basically useless, i.e., nothing could be gained from those tapes. Pats filmed from the locations which gave them huge advantage. The film obtained from that illegal activity clearly showed them the defensive signals, which made it easy for them to decode. Realize that during those days we did not have high definition or cameras that can effectively tape stuff from the distance. At least not used in the NFL. Location mattered a lot, and the Pats made sure that they capitalized on it. One NFL writer who creates GIFs for his articles mentioned that even the all-22 cameras made it difficult for him to dissect everything on the field due to the quality and the location. Forget about using it to steal signals.

If it was just a technicality then why would they go to extreme lengths to do so? They basically had a team to focus just on this. It was institutionalized. Ernie Adams was with the Patriots mostly for that. If it was trivial then the cameramen would wear fake Kraft production uniforms to get on the field, or piss in their pants when they were caught by the NFL. They knew what they were doing was big, and hence they did it.

Pats fans catch on some stupid theory that floats around Boston, make it trivial and then conclude that everything was minor.
>>
>>69519074
Goodell got his ego hurt, that's why.

Read up pal

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity
>>
>>69512245
>Are the Patriots the most persecuted team in the history of sports?

Yes, for the simple fact that the NFL promotes "parity" and people hate that NE is winning everything.

Take a look at the first 3 wins. It wasn't a big deal at the time because the Pats hadn't won shit before that, But it was getting infuriating for everyone else seeing them win so frequently.

It's no surprise that Manning won this year and got his farewell. The NFL doesn't want the Patriots to win . That's why they got docked 2 first rounders for trivial fucking reasons.
>>
>>69519353
I'm sorry, what's why? I'm having trouble discerning what you're answering in my post. Patriots were caught stealing signals illegally at one stadium, had their camera team kicked out, were notified of their illegal behavior, and proceeded to do it again at another stadium. When caught again, they were described as "shitting bricks".
>>
>>69519430
It's obvious you didn't read the link you fucking retard.

Other teams have also been caught doing the exact same thing or worse, and they haven't been punished in the slightest.
>>
>>69519449
I didn't read it because I'm asking you how it's relevant to what I posted. The least you could do pull some quotes from it if you think it contradicts any of my points.

>Other teams have also been caught doing the exact same thing or worse, and they haven't been punished in the slightest.

Go on...

As a reminder, here's what the Patriots did: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

>But the Patriots kept doing it. In November 2006, Green Bay Packers security officials caught Matt Estrella shooting unauthorized footage at Lambeau Field. When asked what he was doing, according to notes from the Senate investigation of Spygate that had not previously been disclosed, Estrella said he was with Kraft Productions and was taping panoramic shots of the stadium. He was removed by Packers security. That same year, according to former Colts GM Bill Polian, who served for years on the competition committee and is now an analyst for ESPN, several teams complained that the Patriots had videotaped signals of their coaches. And so the Patriots — and the rest of the NFL — were warned again, in writing, before the 2007 season, sources say.

From the same article:

>During the first half, Jets security monitored Estrella, who held a camera and wore a polo shirt with a taped-over Patriots logo under a red media vest that said: NFL PHOTOGRAPHER 138. With the backing of Jets owner Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum, Jets security alerted NFL security, a step Mangini acknowledged publicly later that he never wanted. Shortly before halftime, security encircled and then confronted Estrella. He said he was with "Kraft Productions." They took him into a small room off the stadium’s tunnel, confiscated his camera and tape, and made him wait. He was sweating. Someone gave Estrella water, and he was shaking so severely that he spilled it. "He was s—-ting a brick," a source says.
>>
>>69519469
>ESPN

HAHAHAHAHA

Idiot

"This is another example of ESPN surrendering its journalistic independence to its sugar daddy, the NFL. Does ESPN really think its fooling anyone?"
>>
In a playoff game, Patriots' security prevented a Jets camera crew from filming. The crew was there in addition to the cameramen already recording game film from end zone and sideline angles. New England security didn’t confiscate the footage and turn it over to the NFL.

At a press conference, Mangini said the extra camera was there because he wanted game footage from both end zones. After the Spygate scandal broke, a former Patriots video assistant involved with filming coaches, Matt Walsh, said that was the standard excuse for his filming.

(After all, even if the team acted within the rules and some opponents knew what the team was doing, why alert those opponents who didn’t know? Of course, telling the media would alert everyone.)

Earlier that season, at Lambeau field, Matt Estrella, another Patriots’ video assistant, faced a similar problem. Packers’ security confronted him for not having the right credentials. The Packers' reaction was like the Patriots’ reaction to the Jets cameramen in the playoff game. The Packers didn’t turn Estrella over to the NFL or take his recording.

They just made him stop.

On September 9, 2007, the Patriots and Jets met for the first time following the playoff camera incident. During the first quarter, Jets and NFL security personal detained Estrella, but this went beyond a proportional response to the harassment of their own camera crew.

The league confiscated Estrella’s camera and footage. Along with Jets’ cheerleaders performing their routines, Estrella recorded other material which caused controversy. He panned from the scoreboard to Jets’ defensive coaches calling plays via hand signals.

It’s standard practice for NFL teams to film their games. (These days, “Film” and “tape” can be misnomers because teams often use digitized footage.) NFL rules govern videotaping and film exchanges which allow teams to study future opponents.game film lets viewers watch all 22 players on the field.
>>
>>69519476
And? Christ all you did was link Bleacher Report.
>>
>>69519500
And the ESPN is funded by the NFL, it's clearly a biased source, they sway public opinion with their bullshit articles and normies like you eat it all up.

Why do you think they extensively covered "deflategate" and completely ignored the Panthers ball heating incident?
>>
>>69519513
Refute one thing I posted.
>>
>>69519527
What exactly do you want me to refute?

Spygate was filming from the wrong location, it was common practice for everyone prior to that season. Some teams, including Belichick, kept doing it. Filming signals was legal, just not from the sideline for some reason. They didn't gain any competitive advantage from it whatsoever. But Goodell decided to flex his nuts and fine the Patriots and dock a first rounder.

That's about it, it was overblown because the Patriots were winning too much, and Goodell, as commissioner, decided he would do something about the "parity" in the league.

http://yourteamcheats.com/NYJ#Spygate-2006
>>
>>69519561
What goodell said on the competitive advantage of spygate

>I think it probably had a limited effect, if any effect, on the outcome on any game. … There was no indication that it benefited them in any of the Super Bowl victories." And Goodell said the league did not inform the teams that had been taped: "We didn't. We didn't see any need to
>>
>>69519561
You engaged my post here >>69519074 with some comment about Goodell's ego and a link to a lengthy Bleacher Report article. I asked you to explain yourself and you got all pissy. Honestly I don't care what you do. It's just that you keep replying to me, so if you want to continue, you might as well go back to my first post and attempt to refute my points.
>>
>>69519591
>Filming was legal but only from certain locations. And filming from those valid locations was basically useless, i.e., nothing could be gained from those tapes. Pats filmed from the locations which gave them huge advantage. The film obtained from that illegal activity clearly showed them the defensive signals, which made it easy for them to decode. Realize that during those days we did not have high definition or cameras that can effectively tape stuff from the distance. At least not used in the NFL. Location mattered a lot, and the Pats made sure that they capitalized on it. One NFL writer who creates GIFs for his articles mentioned that even the all-22 cameras made it difficult for him to dissect everything on the field due to the quality and the location. Forget about using it to steal signals.

Bullshit

see

>>69519582

You'd have to be real fucking retarded to think that spygate gave them any real competitive advantage.

How about try refuting my points here now?

>>69519561
>>69519582
>>
>>69519582
Goodell is also longtime buddies with Kraft and destroyed all the Spygate evidence. Hell, he didn't want to punish them. He was pressured, so he gave them a slap on the wrist. Kraft was actually pissed on Belichick for continue to break the rules.
>>
>>69519603
So let me get this straight. In this post >>69519476 you laugh at the idea of ESPN (and by extension the NFL) about telling the truth about anything, and now 20-some minutes later you're taking Roger Goodell's bottom line on Spygate as the word of God? I just want to make sure I'm getting this right.
>>
>>69519610
I never seen anyone in my life be this deliberately ignorant. In what world is the biggest fine in NFL history and a loss of a first rounder a slap on the wrist?

If that's the case then why didn't he punish the Jets for this?

http://yourteamcheats.com/NYJ#Spygate-2006

And why didn't he punish the Panthers for heating up balls, Rodgers for over inflating them? But the Ideal Gas Law deflates some footballs in a blowout game and they're docked another first rounder, ridiculous.
>>
>>69519634
The guy that punished them literally said they did nothing wrong. It shows his ego off very well.

Try again pal, your argument makes no sense
>>
>>69519492
Get fukt cheatriots.
Rams taking owl this year
>>
>>69519636
>sourcing a site made by salty cheatriots fans and literally thinking bleacher report articles have any value while complaining about espn bias being pro NFL

Get off 4chan Simmons. Jalen is finished his business.
>>
>>69519636
>In what world is the biggest fine in NFL history and a loss of a first rounder a slap on the wrist?
The one where is was the biggest scandal in the history of the league.

>>69519649
>The guy that punished them literally said they did nothing wrong.
So you believe everything that comes out of Roger Goodell's mouth is what I'm getting at.
>>
File: 1451595064690.jpg (440 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1451595064690.jpg
440 KB, 693x693
>>69519664

>terrible grammar
>no argument
>>
>>69519664
The site is iffy on some things but that particular link is completely factual.
>>
>>69519513
>ESPN is funded by the NFL
ESPN is funded by Disney, who owns it, you moron.
>>
>>69519686
>The one where is was the biggest scandal in the history of the league.

It was only the "biggest scandal" because Goodell and the media blew it up to be so. The actual crime was nowhere near the "biggest scandal" you fucking idiot.

>So you believe everything that comes out of Roger Goodell's mouth is what I'm getting at.

You're fucking retarded, plain and simple. Goodell is saying that he believes that spygate gave them no advantage. It shows that he didn't punish them because of "the integrity of the game" or anything like that. He did it because he could, and he's admitting it.
>>
>>69519711
This is deliberate retardation. Without the NFL backing them, ESPN loses billions of dollars.
>>
File: 1454892711048.jpg (313 KB, 2831x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454892711048.jpg
313 KB, 2831x2000
>>69519686

>I'm a butthurt Colts fan
>tfw live in California but still have my Mass driver's license
>>
nfl is shit anyways. how do you faggots watch that garbage? no parity whatsoever and all the commercials ruin everything
>>
>>69519729
>being assblasted on an online Chinese Checkers meeting
>>
>>69519729
They blew it up to be so because the Patriots continued to film other team's signals illegally.

Goodell was on the hot seat being asked about destroying the Spygate tapes when he said that quote back in 2008. Clearly you believe him in this instance (except maybe that whole "limited effect" part), but question his integrity on telling the truth in any other instance. It's cool, you don't have to own up to the hypocrisy.
>>
>>69519766
I have no response to this desu but my point still stands.
>>
>>69519761

>no parity whatsoever

lmao
>>
>>69519786
t. buttblasted Clots fan
>>
>>69519074
>Pats fans catch on some stupid theory that floats around Boston, make it trivial and then conclude that everything was minor.

Holy hell this.
>>
>>69519734
>Without the NFL backing them, ESPN loses billions of dollars.
Dumbest thing I have read about any sport in a long, LONG time.
You're telling me the NFL is funding the biggest sports media outlet, which is already owned by one of the biggest entertainment corporations in the world?
That's absolutely pants-on-head retarded. If ESPN "loses" billions as a subsidiary of Disney without "funding" from the NFL, Disney would have sold it or spun it off long ago.
>>
>>69518990
yep.

thanks for proving my point, faggot.
>>
No, that would be the English National Football team.
>>
>>69516232
>not cooperating
Would you turn over your personal cell phone to your employer?

Who the fuck am I kidding, you don't have an employer.
>>
>>69512245
Business Idea: Win one clean super bowl, and maybe you will not be persecuted.
>>
File: goodell.jpg (15 KB, 250x366) Image search: [Google]
goodell.jpg
15 KB, 250x366
ENJOY YOUR MONTH'S VACATION, TOMMY BOY
YOU'RE WELCOME
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
>>
>>69512955
>literally having to cheat to beat teams in the weakest version of the NFL.

God Brady is the most overrated QB to play the game.
>>
>>69512245
It's only persecution if there's mistreatment. The Cheatriots bring it on themselves.
>>
>>69524712
>implying he will serve it

>implying we didnt win the owl 2 years ago

>implying we wont win it again this year.

aha. Cant wait for marty b and tommy to tear up your insignificant favorite team
>>
>>69518382
The defender stopped when the whistle blew. He would have been stopped where he caught the ball had their been no whistle. Instead they get something like a 15 penalty and a first down. Muh oppression you fucking faggot.
>>
File: Denied Brody.jpg (36 KB, 399x520) Image search: [Google]
Denied Brody.jpg
36 KB, 399x520
>>
the cheatriots deserve to be the most persecuted team
>>
I don't see the problem. It's not like people are wrong about them being gigantic cheaters.
>>
>>69512245
cheat shit get banged
>>
>>69518382
>a bad call during the regular season is to blame for losing in the playoffs
Patriots fans everyone.
>>
>>69512245
Yeah.
The only thing I don't get about the Patriots is their absurd fumble rate.
Seriously, it's bullshit.

Most players fumble way more while on other teams (before and/or after)
>>
>>69537117
casual
>>
>>69512245
In American sports easily. Nothing compares.

No idea about yurop though.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.