[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT Olympics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: london-olympics-2012-24a.jpg (244 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
london-olympics-2012-24a.jpg
244 KB, 1024x768
>Fucking brilliant opening and closing ceremony
>All facilities were perfect, a lot had amazing historic significance and tradition (i.e Wimbledon)
>Great attendances, passionate good-spirited spectators
>Not a single hiccup or controversy
>Even the weather was perfect

And that's without even mentioning the sports themselves which were at peak level.

Was 2012 the GOAT Olympics?
>>
No Tokyo 2020 will be better

English people dont know shit about entertainment
>>
>>69500415

Two terrible, invalid arguments
>>
>>69500435
dont care its gonna be better

>no skateboarding at 2012
lel
>>
>>69500395

Bruh...I didn't see the closing ceremony (because who cares?) but the opening one was an complete embarrassment.
>>
Yes. And the Rio olympics won't be a disaster. Look at every major sporting event and you'll see that in the run up to it there's a ton of articles saying they'll be an unmitigated disaster. Before London people were talking about terrorist attacks, g4s shitting the bed, the weather, the cost, places not being built on time, etc. Rio will be great (crowds won't be as good as Brits are the best sports fans in the world), the venues will be fine, it's safe, there's not going to be riots and the Zika virus does nothing but gives you the symptoms of a cold (unless you're pregnant, but why are you flying to Brazil to watch the olympics when you've got a baby inside you)
>>
>>69500451

It was fucking great. Just the right mix of cheesy and fun
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>69500442
When was the last time Amsterdam had an Olympics, nedercuck?
>>
>>69500451
I'm pretty sure Atlanta's was even worse.
>>
>>69500395

>Not a single hiccup or controversy

LOL.

I remember we were absolutely berating the British for how poor their technology was after so many errors were committed. Off the top of my head, I can think of that South Korean fencer that got cheated because the clock didn't work, but I know there was way more than that.

>Great attendances, passionate good-spirited spectators

There were empty seats literally all over the place. This was yet another thing that I, as someone who was actually on /sp/ back then, remember us making fun of Britain about.

Oh yeah, a Queen Elizabeth impersonator jumping out of a plane and Mr. Bean really celebrated the prestige and honor of the Great Olympics Games. They were not at all tacky and didn't turn the occasion into a total mockery or joke whatsoever What were the Chinese thinking actually trying to bring aesthetics, culture, and history into their ceremony?

Seriously though, the opening ceremony was utter garbage. It was 90% just music lazily slapped together; it might as well have just been a concert.

This is a troll post, right...?
>>
>>69500486
this.

Beijing's opening ceremony was 10x better than London's.
>>
Not as good as those commie Chinks desu.
>>
>>69500519
Beijing was probably the all round best games ever
>GOAT opening ceremony
>great facilities
>always packed
>a nation was actually able to compete with the US for most medals

10/10
>>
>>69500519
>>69500486
t.Butthurt americucks
>>
>>69500395
>>Great attendances, passionate good-spirited spectators
kek where do you think 'britbottles' comes from?
>>
>>69500519
Beijing showed what you can do when you have 1B people available to you and you have no regards to their human rights at all
>>
Nah
>>
File: 1266123640459.jpg (128 KB, 485x339) Image search: [Google]
1266123640459.jpg
128 KB, 485x339
>>69500620
>murderslides

Nope
>>
OP that isn't Sydney 2K?
>>
Beijing was better imo just cause of bolt and Phelps and that God medal basketball game were all time classics
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.