[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You now remember how shit the Portuguese league is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1354124555635.png (901 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1354124555635.png
901 KB, 1024x576
>You now remember how shit the Portuguese league is
>>
File: Elizabeth.png (1 MB, 1580x1053) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth.png
1 MB, 1580x1053
>>69495402
>that flag
>talking shit about leagues
>>
>>69495402
considering the money our league has we're very good and people tend to forget that we are ranked above the psg league
>>
>>69495402
>you now realize how shit this thread is
>>
All the best players in the Poortuguese league are foreigners
>>
>>69495402
Still better than the French league for example, and with many more titles.

Our clubs only won 2 (TWO) European tournaments since 1955. As much as Spain did just for the year 2016. Think about that.

So kudos to Portugal for doing better with infinitely less money.
>>
I thought most of the leagues in Europe were like Portugal's though. They have 3-4 teams at the top, or even less, who dominate everyone else year in and year out, and those best can hang with anyone in the world. The other teams though are basically MLS tier even though they'd never admit it.
>>
>>69496671
>basically MLS tier

Ever watched Europa League?
>>
>>69496671
>The other teams though are basically MLS tier even though they'd never admit it.

Not at all. A mid-table Portuguese league team would probably go undefeated in MLS. MLS is roughly equivalent to the 2nd division of the top European leagues.
>>
>>69496612
all the players in the biggest leagues are imported from portugal
>>
>>69496692
no, I haven't. I'm basically just getting into soccer now. I guess I was wrong and they're way better than MLS.
>>
>>69496704
I didn't know the gap was that big. I figured an MLS team in the UK for example would be one of those teams that bounces back and forth between relegation and the PL.
>>
>>69496784
Every team in the top division of England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, and Portugal are better than any MLS team. Some of the teams in Russia, the Netherlands, and Greece are as well.
>>
>>69496784
europa league is actually really fun to watch despite what memesters say

there's an insane amount of parity and the quality is decent
>>
>>69496818
*is better

grammar is hard
>>
>>69496818
this is not true, maybe in england, maaaaaybe spain too, but the bottom feeders in germany would be in tough against mlels and france and italy lower half teams would be in even tougher
>>
isn't the only big team in the portuguese league that isn't a scummy club sporting lisbon?
>>
>>69496822
And it's already underway but because of the Euro, people have been missing out on pretty good qualifying round games.
>>
File: giovinco-sebastian-150712-620.jpg (86 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
giovinco-sebastian-150712-620.jpg
86 KB, 620x349
>>69495402
still miles better than the joke that is MlelS, where pic related is considered a superstar
>>
>>69496938
So that's where he ended up. He showed promise at Juve, what happened?
>>
>>69496991
He decided to take the easy money in MLS. He's making 3 times as much in Toronto as he would in Italy.
>>
>>69497001
*as he would in Torino
>>
>>69497001
I don't get it, where does the money come from? How come irrelevant North American clubs can pay so much?
>>
>>69497626
America is large, so entertainment is also large, that's where the money comes from.
>>
>>69497626
Beauty of the franchise system. They throw twenty teams down in the twenty largest cities and it doesn't matter that only a small percentage of the people there give a shit about soccer, as those teams then have a complete monopoly over their support.

It also helps that they play in fucking gigantic football stadiums
>>
>>69497929
If football gets more popular there, they will swallow all the good players in their prime. UEFA will become the feeder confederation for that plastic league.

Imagine Bale and Ronaldo playing for the Real Salt Lake, because it pays way better than Real Madrid... It's scary.
>>
>>69498078
Yeah, but i doubt the americans will adopt football as their main sport, at least while we are alive
>>
>>69498078
>If football gets more popular there, they will swallow all the good players in their prime
They'll need to get rid of salary caps first.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.