[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ladies and gentlemen, this club is now the 2nd richest club in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png (91 KB, 1179x1024) Image search: [Google]
Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png
91 KB, 1179x1024
Ladies and gentlemen, this club is now the 2nd richest club in England. How does this make you feel?
>>
>>69484429
cool logo
>>
>>69484429
>>69485433
this
>>
What happened?
>>
I hope they finally get good now.
>>
>>69487062
Club is being sold to megarich Chinese owners I think the CEO of Baidu or something like that. They've already bought out AC Milan in the last week or so
>>
WEAR THE WOLF
WEAR THE ORANGE
WE WILL COME THROUGH
>>
>>69487185
RAAAAAWWWWRRRR ^~^
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (67 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
67 KB, 2000x1200
>>69484429
They should change their logo to doge.
>>
Lifelong Wolverhampton fan since July 2016.
>>
>>69484429
Wolves is a shithole though. Bit like a diamond in shit now desu
>>
>>69487185
Wolves wear old gold, please.
>>
They were my go to team on FM for a long time when I wanted to do a Premier League run, now I'll have to find another one because with chink billions they will be too easy ;_;
>>
>vote for Brexit to regain 'control over your country'
>for some reason accept Russian, Gooks, Niggers and other subhumans to buy and run your Premier League clubs
Really doesnt add up if you ask me.
>>
>>69484429
How?
>>
>>69487062
>>69487185
>>69487108
Do the old fans like this?
>>
>>69487397
Old fan (since 2010 Mick era)

I'm ecstatic. You have no idea how shitty it is to go from watching every match on TV to League One and needing to have listened on radio. It's actually become my comfy routine: wake up, roll out of bed, make coffee and eggs and listen to the match. And after the dross of last season, and penny pinching Morgan, I'm looking forward to Wolves splashing cash.
>>
>>69484429
I've been a /livelong/ since their last spell in the prem senpai. How long have you been supporting Wolves?
>>
>>69487397
Been a fan since the 2010 WC
Generally after the shitshow that is the double relegation then all the good players like Sako and Afobe fucking off for missing out on the playoffs, it's a welcome sight.

Shame they might sack old ovalface though
>>
>>69487108
Please tell me this isn't true.

If they go the way of City/Chelsea I might just give up on football all together.

What's the fucking point anymore? The top 6-7 positions are going to be locked in for the next 50 years. There's no point of even trying anymore.

Meme seasons like Leicester will not happen again.

We desperately, desperately need REAL financial fair play and controls on club spending on wages and transfer fees.

Clubs like PSG and City should be struggling to pay their players 80k a week. That is their level.
>>
>>69487391
tv rights shekels
>>
>>69487470
t. united fan
>>
>>69487463
>>69487469
Well good for you guys then. I like seeing old teams dethrone the Megateams. I'll be keeping an eye on the Wolves
>>
>>69487516
Worried it might just be a dumping ground for Milan rejects like Vitesse is for Chelsea tbqh
>>
>>69487506
Hardly, and United are set to dominate for the next 50 years especially so I'm not sure how you work that one out.

The whole league will suffer. And not only that, the whole of the football league too as clubs over-spend to try to keep up with the rich clubs. Leeds 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 incoming.
>>
>>69487470
>Meme seasons like Leicester will not happen again

Didn't people say this like, before Leicester actually did it? Aren't there more big money times jostling for top positions? Stop being so dramatic.

I welcome my club's chinese overlords. I'd rather have commie tech blood money over oil sheik muslim blood money.

>>69487533
I'll take it for now. Better than the likes of Eggert Johnson, Mike Williamson, and Sheyi Ojo.
>>
File: 1468251937524.png (81 KB, 1179x1024) Image search: [Google]
1468251937524.png
81 KB, 1179x1024
someone had to do it
>>
>>69487569
>Didn't people say this like, before Leicester actually did it?
No, nobody even entertained the idea for even a second because it was such a long-shot.

The last time a team won the league that wasn't expected to was the 80s. So you're talking about an event that occurs once every 30 years assuming you actually believe it will happen again.
>>
When are they gonna rebrand as the Wolverhamption Dragons and wear red?
>>
>>69487686
So why can't it happen again?

I don't get your logic m8. I bet you said the same thing in 2015.
>>
>>69487569
>Aren't there more big money times jostling for top positions?
This logic doesn't work at all. If 5 clubs are rich, how is it fair on the other 15? If all 20 clubs somehow get rich owners, how is that fair on the leagues below? What chance do they have of being successful or even being promoted? Where does it end? It would only work if EVERY club was rich and could spend billions.

Never understood the logic of people saying that more rich clubs is a good thing.... It's incredibly stupid.
>>
>>69487710
>I bet you said the same thing in 2015.
Again, no. Nobody even entertained the notion because it was such an improbability.

The logic is pretty clear, just because a 5000/1 shot comes in once, doesn't mean that it is likely the 5000/1 shot can come in again....

It's still a 5000/1 shot. The odds don't change.

Also 5000/1 will become 10000/1 pretty sharpish if there are going to be even more multi-millionaire clubs to compete with.
>>
actually haven't followed things that much but didn't nottingham forest also get a rich owner recently-ish? I thought I heard something about that a while back, dunno if it actually went through.
>>
>>69487811
Everyone keeps comparing QPR and Cardiff etc to this, but Wolves' new owner dwarfs them all.
>>
OUR YEAR LA
>>
>>69487834
>but Wolves' new owner dwarfs them all
makes sense if they really become the 2nd richest team in england, I was just wondering if english teams getting bought out by super rich foreigners was becoming a trend and not a couple isolated incidents. or maybe it already was a trend, I just didn't notice. or maybe it's still not even close and I'm just imagining it.
>>
>>69487871
>2nd Richest
After who?

Roman (Chelsea) is about as rich as Ashley (Newcastle) They are both worth around 5-6 billion.

Big difference between what each are willing to or capable of investing though.
>>
>>69487707
Underrated post
>>
>>69487902
>After who?
I dunno, it was what OP said. I have no idea how true that is but that wasn't really the point.
>>
Always play them in FM. Now it won't be fun anymore, fuck this.
>>
>>69487902
My guess is dem sheiks then the Chink technology man with Wolves
>>
>>69487610
underrated post
>>
>>69487610
Who did it?
>>
>>69487610
Why did that suddenly remind me of a cartoon i haven't watched for nearly 17 years?

https://youtu.be/bXiJYcK4-GU
>>
>>69487375
Because the only true subhuman is Angela Merkel and the subhumans germans that voted for her.
>>
>>69484429

>tfw when i was 10 years old I was choosing between WBA or wolves

I still stick by my decision
>>
>>69484429

YOU CAN'T

MANAGEHAMPTON

THE

WOLVERHAMPTON
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.