[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good would the USMNT be if they started pumping more money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (62 KB, 640x402) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 640x402
How good would the USMNT be if they started pumping more money into soccer and training instead of American football or basketball or baseball etc.
>>
I wouldn't say wed be Germany or Brazil but we'd be Argentina and France tier within 20 years
>>
>>69064097
The scouts here fucking suck. I've met extremely talented hispanic players that would put our NT players to shame but because this country places importance on going through the HS, college, pro system they will never make it. By the time a good player is 16-18 they're already playing in big matches, something unheard of here in Pro sports. There are many more things I can say but this was just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
Who the fuck knows?
>>
>>69064920
>By the time a good player is 16-18 they're already playing in big matches
....in Europe*

Very important. I don't know why I forgot to add that.
>>
>>69064920
That's the unfortunate side effect of having an athletic developmental system tied to high schools and universities.
>>
>>69064920
>I've met extremely talented hispanic players

yeah sure you did
>>
>>69064920
There was an article on The Guardian a few weeks ago about how the US's youth system is geared toward raking in money from middle-upper middle white families while the inner city hispanic kids are the ones that are actually good but they can't afford to travel or pay entry fees for the big programs that get scouted
>>
Top 10 - 5 team probably. I don't think they'd win a World Cup every 4 years but one every 2 or 3 decades sounds about right.
>>
just give us the world cup every year

>300 million people
>absolute genetic monsters everywhere
>more money than 30 countries combined

just.give.us.the.fucking cup niggas
in fact, we would build a monument just to house the cup every year, it can just stay inside our country at all times.
>>
>>69067535

This is why nobody likes americans
>>
>>69067535
yuropoors would never win a World Cup again
>>
>>69064097
we would probably win the World Cup pretty often, but it wouldn't be worth it as the people involved would lose a lot of money because soccer isn't popular here at all
>>
>>69064097

we already tried that

>let's pay Jozy, Dempsey, and Bradley to play in MLS!!!!

it failed badly
>>
>>69066770
Exactly. I didn't know about this article but it makes sense considering the same thing happens here in San Antonio with the big schools.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.