[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The reason they both choke so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
is it because they left their country so early they literally have no attachment to their homeland?
that applies to messi as well but his chokes aren't as bad as these 2
>>
>>68985085
:(
>>
>>68985085

Agüero chose money over evolving as a player when he went to Man City. He is a worse player at 28 than he was at 22. Why is it surprising that he chokes in big games?

Higuain has a mental block in finals. He should not play in them. Period.
>>
>>68985085
those times back when he had hair

JUST
>>
File: 1453249182136.gif (131 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453249182136.gif
131 KB, 320x240
>>68985411
this.
>>
>>68985411
makes sense
he probably doesn't even care anymore
if he wanted to develop as a player he'd ask to go back to atletico under simeone
can you imagine him + griezman
>>
>>68985581
It wouldn't matter at this point. At 28, a player enters his prime, where he is still physically 100% and has won and lost enough big games that he can deal with the pressure.

All talented players want to be on the big stage. At some point, they need to put themselves in a situation where winning turns you into the hero. Some can handle the pressure and become stars - Zidane, Ronaldo ,.... Others cannot and become could-have-beens - Riquelme, Owen.

Agüero did not even try. He never went all in. He had the means and the opportunity, and decided instead to go down the easy path and sign for a team where winning a league in six years is enough and he is never going to have to deal with the pressure.
>>
>>68985984
>Riquelme
>could have been

wat
>>
its because they are shit
they are overhyped trash compared to messi but they expect same amount of respect, passes etc

they think they are stars
they arent
>>
>>68986335
Riquelme had all the tools to be another Zidane and lead teams to CL and World Cup glory. He spent one year in Barcelona and quit because "Van Gaal is mean to me". He went to Villareal, where he punked out again and decided to be a local icon at Boca, instead of a global one.

He did not have a bad career by any stretch, but at the end of the day, I felt he retired with some bullets left still in his gun.
>>
>>68985984
>i rate zidane
"global" icon only bougth SHIT to us
>>
>>68986352
I'm sorry mate but scoring a hundred goals in a shorter time span then Thierry Henry almost qualifies you as being a star.
>>
>>68987926
Zidane and Riquelme are players of comparable talent and that played roughly in the same position. Neither of them had any major injuries.

One has won leagues in Italy and Spain, a CL, a World Cup and a EuroCup. He is a demigod in his own country, and both Real Madrid and Juventus.

Another has won leagues in Argentina and 3 Libertadores. He rage quit his NT after a World Cup because people were mean to him. He is also such a whiny little bitch that he is not really welcome anywhere he has played.

The truth of the matter is that Riquelme couldn't hack it when the pressure was on. Zidane did. That is why Riquelme is a could-have-been. He was really good. Just not great.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.