[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did his weak postseason hurt his legacy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11
File: STEPHCURRY-articleLarge.jpg (43 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
STEPHCURRY-articleLarge.jpg
43 KB, 600x336
Did his weak postseason hurt his legacy?
>>
>>68863352
>legacy

huh?
>>
File: 1466088082835.jpg (17 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
1466088082835.jpg
17 KB, 300x451
>>68863352
>legacy
>>
one ring 2 finals appearences some insignificant records. basically hes better than jerry west an john stockton
>>
https://soundcloud.com/faintraps/steph-with-the-shot-demo-track

as long as they keep putting out shit like this i'd say nah lmao
>>
Yes. Imagine it was him shooting the 3 over Kyrie to win the Finals.

His legacy is forever tarnished by this loss. Nothing short of 100 straight wins can fix it.
>>
>>68863973
Idiots, all of you, if they reach the finals again and beat the cavs while on a leveled series with both teams at full strength. He regains what he lost
>>
his legacy was fucked when he choked away last year's Finals MVP.
Jordan never won a ring without also getting Finals MVP
>>
>>68864765
you talk as if he has to be better than jordan to be worth anything. he's not better than jordan. i'm sure he knows that. legacies aren't just about being better than jordan.
>>
>>68863352
It didn't help it

>>68864765
Kobe won 3 without the Finals MVP, did that kill his legacy?
>>
>>68863352
>legacy
Didn't know the ~1,500th best NBA player of all time was worthy of having a "legacy."
>>
Curry is a bizzarro nash. Imagine if every half decent team nash could've faced was gutted with injuries. So glad this meme has been blown out
>>
File: 1329715869198.jpg (105 KB, 532x540) Image search: [Google]
1329715869198.jpg
105 KB, 532x540
>>68863352
>legacy
>>
His legacy is that he was a literal who for the first five seasons of his "career" and meme'd his way into a system that works for him.

He got his one ring facing a Cavs team that had one healthy player, and even then it took him 7 games.

Kevin Love would be MVP in the Warriors system.
>>
>>68867124
LeBron's legacy is.
>>
>>68863352
People still like Nash and they will like Curry after he retires. Will be remembered as top 100 in past 20 years.
>>
>>68863352
Yes
>>
>Legacy
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
/sp/'s been unusually retarded this offseason. At least he didn't just outright blame his horrible performance on his injuries.
>>
>>68864507
Flips, everyone.
>>
>>68868275
That's because Lebron has the talent that warrants being constantly compared to the all time greats.
>>
>>68863352

He'll always have the injury to fall back on. Nobody expected him to come back 100%. If he hadn't gotten hurt in that first game, they would have swept the Cavs in four.
>>
I dunno, he does the heel thing pretty good, I think the fact he's still somehow relevant works pretty well in his favor.
>>
>>68863352
Who is this?
>>
for me, yes

i liked steph but he choked super hard
i kept expecting him to heat up one game and save the warriors but it never happened
granted, he struggles with bigs being switched onto him and the cavs abused that, but there's no excuse for not showing up at all for 7 games
>>
>>68869967
i don't think he choked as much as he got exposed as a one dimension basketball player.
>>
>>68863352
temporarily yes
but hes gonna win the championship next year so it wont matter
>>
File: stoph.jpg (22 KB, 345x230) Image search: [Google]
stoph.jpg
22 KB, 345x230
stoph is GOAT
>>
>>68871403
da land is gonna three-peat my man
>>
>>68869551
You do knoq he jimself said that he isn't injured right? And in that case his prevous championship shouldn't count because Kyrie and Love were injured. He also wasn't effective last year too against Cleveland. 3-1.
>>
>>68868262
It was 6 games in 2015
It was 7 games in 2016
>>
>>68864507

They can't retain their roster and will not only be losing depth but key players

They won't be better than they were this year and okc/cavs will improve

Plus the blueprint on them is out

Switches, force drives, attack Steph on d
>>
>>68868311
Nash was a good passer and made his teammates better. Currys teammates make him better
>>
>legacy

He's still young so he can redeem himself. But as it stands he'll go down as one of, if not the, greatest shooter ever. But he'll be remembered for being soft and too cocky for his own good.
>>
There is literally no difference between this memechucker, and someone like Ray Allen.
>>
>>68872971
>>68872971
He's 29 almost 30
>>
>>68863352
I don't know

is he an elite point guard??
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
He seemed to start believing his own hype a bit too much. His decision making in crucial moments was fucking horrendous.

His 38 pts in game 4 was probably the worst possible thing for the Warriors because he probably thought he was gonna carry that form into the next game and win MVP of the finals.

Game 5:

>8-21 fgm-a
>5-15 3pm-a
>4 ass 4 to

Klay had the hot hand in the first half but rather than recognizing that and playing the facilitator role like LeBron did for Kyrie in the 4th quarter, he wanted the limelight and the accolades. Same story in game 7 with Draymond, they almost completely ignored him in the second half.

His court vision was just so unimpressive the rest of the series, careless turnovers caused by cute passes and playground level defense with lazy fouls.

He basically had a meltdown in game 6, when his team needed him to step up he just went full retard mode.

It was cringey watching him try to redeem himself after Kyrie's dagger in game 7 against him. Rather than drive to the rim or spread the floor and get a quick two he just went into hero mode and kept trying to get that highlight reel 3.

Teams are starting to figure out that if you target him on offense and rough him up on defense he seems to crumble. The blueprint on beating him is out there.

Since his sudden rise he hasn't really faced any adversity until now, it'll be interesting to see how he responds next year. He can either use the off season to work on his defense and playmaking or believe that other factors besides him led to the loss and carry on oblivious to his deficiencies.

Let's see if he has the mental fortitude to recover. He still seems to think he played pretty well in that series which is a sure red flag for warriors fans.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 699x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 699x655
>>68863352
>Curry
>Legacy
>>
>>68871521
Injure Bogut. You forgot that one
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1337x752) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1337x752
Apparently
>>
>>68863352
time will tell

Remember how much everyone shat on Lebron after losing the finals against Dallas and San Antonio?
>>
>>68871521
>They can't retain their roster
why not? Klay, Steph and Apemond on big contracts then just find some support

The only one they will lose is Bogut but he is old and injury-prone anyway
>>
>>68864507
>Filipino "fans"
I swear the majority of you cucks are the ficklest of all who follow the NBA.
>>
I still maintain that they made a mistake in trading Ellis instead of Curry. A lot of people around here felt the same way when it happened, but people started drinking the kool-aid when Curry started memeing it up something fierce. He's a great shooter, but he's soft, he's injury prone, and he makes horrible decisions for a point guard.
>>
>>68876271
>Let's see if he has the mental fortitude to recover. He still seems to think he played pretty well in that series which is a sure red flag for warriors fans.

this

i'd be terrified if i was a gsw fag. he doesn't realize that he's the only reason they lost. he's the only unanimous mvp in league history and he got turned into a punk bitch on a routine basis by lebeta. he got put the fuck out 3 times by lebron in that series, and while lebron was turning in historic performances, steph was chucking bricks and airballs.

he's mvp, he needs to take over. not waste epic performances from klay and draymong by chucking up bricks and being a complete liability on defense.
>>
>hey remember when Lebeta kicked Kawhi and the Spuds on the side with Ray Allen's dagger 3
>Spuds raped Lebeta he went to Leaveland

>hey remember when Lebeta kicked Steph and the Memeiors on the side with Apemond's suspension
>???

Steph is 1-1 and still has multiple shots in the Finals while Lebron is going to get old and inch closer to 2-5+.
>>
>>68881550
>2-5+
Lebron is actually 3-4 so far
>>
>>68881550
>2-5+
he already has 3 flip nigger
>>
Definitely. If he would have performed well enough to win the Finals and the FMVP, he would already have a lasting legacy.

Right now he is only the best shooter ever, which sounds great, but isn't really even top 50 material.

>>68868262
>Kevin Love would be MVP in the Warriors system.
No he wouldn't.

>>68869967
I would say he really choked, although he didn't performed nearly as well. The Cavs just defended him pretty well and he got exposed on D, which isn't really new.
>>
>>68879277
no rondo :(
>>
>>68881550
>2-5
>doesn't even know that bron is 3-4
>here I'm gonna try and talk about why bron is a choker despite no having a fucking clue about what I'm taking about.

Lebron haters everyone.
>>
>>68881981
people who watch basketball know lebron is not a choker

the last title try against the spurs, he was shooting 60% and 60+% from beyond the arc, scoring 28 a game. he really couldn't be more efficient.

the first cavs and heat teams weren't at all ready for the finals, lebron carried them there. that should be credit to his legacy, not something to tear it down
>>
>>68875015
Ray Allen is one of the most clutch players of all time and had to carry supersonics and bucks.

Steph is a soft bitch that is on a stupidly stacked team that anyone can coach and win over 50 games with and hes not even his team's best player or carry.
>>
File: miller curry.jpg (45 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
miller curry.jpg
45 KB, 576x324
Stephen Curry is literally Reggie Miller minus the great clutch and trash talk.
>>
>>68867157
it's the biggest reason why he's not in the conversation with MJ so yes
>>
>>68867157
Kind of yeah
>>
>>68881550
Apemond only missed 1 game faggot; cavs won by 30pts before apemond even got suspended.
>>
>>68885416
+ ring
>>
>>68881479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2GCwkTd38
>>
>>68881550
You identify with Steph because he's a little twink boy.
>>
>>68863352
Not even a top 50 player of all time
>>
>break a regular season record
>put up amazing numbers
>vanish in the offseason
>almost choke to a guy who has a curse on
>go 3-1 againt bitch ass nigga lebron
>choke so hard

it's terrible and I am a person who has a lot of sympathy for GSW. This however is 18-1 tier shit.
>>
He choked because GSW were literally trying their best to get that regular season record instead of resting their players. He didn't have time to relax, got injured because of it during the playoffs and after that just couldn't recover.

They basically started the playoffs 2 weeks which cost them the title. In the end that regular season record doesn't mean shit since they couldn't win the championship, I hope it was worth it.
>>
>>68886316
>the regular season record cost them the championship
>this meme
>only lost by 4 in game 7

They had a chance all the way through.
>>
>>68886335
>casually ignoring the part where they lost from 3-1

They were gassed out by the end. The OKC series going to 7 games didn't help either.
>>
>>68886359
The cavs were tired too. They lost because the cavs figured out how to play Curry, and because LeBron fucking broke the mans spirit. Look at the final moments in game 7, Curry's being guarded by Love, and Curry makes a wild brick toss instead of driving it in. You know why? Because he was terrified of lebron fucking him once he got In the paint.

If there was a game 8, Curry would have committed Sudoku in Oracle arena in front of everyone. Lebron made than look like a bitch.
>>
>>68863352
>Did his weak postseason hurt his legacy?

No. His postseason last season was shitty too, but that didn't stop the Memeiors from going on to win the champion and going 73-9 the next season, with Curry's help and sloshing through the playoffs up until losing in the finals against the team his team beat last year.

If Curry's was consistently harping about needing to be the Finals MVP and NEEDING to prove himself, his choke-job this year would matter. The only people who give a shit about Curry's legacy is the salty fucks who cry all season about winning regular season games mattering, until they suddenly don't matter, and play-off records mattering, until that doesn't matter anymore and only rings mattering, then that not mattering unless you also get the finals MVP: AKA brain-dead statfags who don't even care about the sport, players or watch the game outside of jacking off to boxscores and memes.

Unless there's a massive fuck up in GS' front-office and they bring someone in to blow up the team, GS will be fine for a couple more years. Curry has already chucked up enough records to cement his legacy and only has to help Klay, Iggy and Green into more rings; in a league where Lebron literally had to drag his team kicking and screaming into a championship and barely did so, by 4 points, of the 7th game, in the NBA finals.

The only narrative that says Curry is finished is ESPN's which isn't worth shit, since they're as reactionary and fickle as any bandwagon.
>>
File: 1465616812460.png (2 MB, 1473x964) Image search: [Google]
1465616812460.png
2 MB, 1473x964
>>
File: 1464503810078.jpg (29 KB, 395x468) Image search: [Google]
1464503810078.jpg
29 KB, 395x468
>>68863352
>legacy
>>
absolutely, but he is gonna get unfair criticism when people try to compare him to lebron as a player, curry is literally JUST a shooter, the best we've ever seen maybe, but he just doesn't have the all around game lebron does, and never will, curry needs pieces, lebron can basically put any shit ass team in the finals or conference finals simply by joining them.
>>
File: 1464324346054.jpg (16 KB, 213x395) Image search: [Google]
1464324346054.jpg
16 KB, 213x395
>>68871521
I think they will get a little better, probably wont be trying to get 73 wins obviously, but they will get a bit bigger and hopefully find ways to score when they 3 balls aren't raining.

It's the decision making that needs work really, and the god damn turnovers as well, but they are here to stay, though being in the west they may not make it to the finals every year, OKC might have their number next year
>>
>You now remember that Curry will turn 30 next season and is only 2 years younger than Lebron.

It's over, memeiors are dead.
>>
>>68887883
Get your facts up shithead, Curry is 28 right now and about 5 months older than Durant.

Curry's game isn't based on sthleticism too, which is why people compare his game so much to Nash's. Nash's best years were during his early 30's. If he stops with the pretty passes that turn into turnovers and becomes more of a playmaker than a scorer, everything will be ok.

Anyway, Spurs got this next year, so enjoy Lebron losing yet another finals.
>>
>>68888237
The spurs will lose their big three. The only person that will get better is Kawhi. The Thunder already have a leg up on them, what with Oladipo and Adams getting better. Those are the favorites. And Curry's defense won't get any better at least, too old to fix that now.
>>
>>68863463
How is he better than Stockton?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.